Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

This topic contains 7,125 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  Barata 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,701 through 3,750 (of 7,277 total)

• Oo …I love this forum, Amazon! A gallery review (thanks, I intend to see it when I’m over there in summer) and another top recipe to try too! Value. πŸ˜‰ P

Morning All,
    Amazon – Sound like a good exhibition. I really like modern art and will be heading to London soon. I regularly go to galleries. I try not to question what I see to deeply just appreciate the way it makes me feel. My son and I can spend a day in a gallery together and really enjoy it. We particularly like Kandinsky and Picasso. My husband and daughter are not at all keen, they prefer movies and Sci Fi exhibits. I understood what you were saying and agree about Quinoa. That Kale salad sound good too, I might try it in warmer weather. I like hot food when it’s cold.

We have persistent rain on the coast which is very depressing but we are thankful that it is not accompanied by high winds. Although dog walking is a chore at the moment, so much mud. My car boot looks like battlefield.

I can’t really recommend Peter Rabbit (film)unless taking children, bit dull but it had some charm. I was hoping it would cheer me up but it didn’t do the job. Off to the theatre to see ‘Beautiful’ Carol King show- looking forward to some haunting songs.

RT – my weakness (carb wise – roast potatoes and parsnips and hot buttered toast) not an advocate of sweet stuff or pasta/rice. Not losing weight at the moment but not gaining either so thankful. Focus is low as I seem to be surrounded by bad news at the moment, deaths, cancer treatments and illness. Remaining positive can be a trial at times.

Starting something new always helps me get focussed again- new group – Mah-Jong -starts in April-I have signed up. Be good to use the set we inherited from a relative. Anyone play? I will do some research(our rules with the set are not transcribed so clueless).

Jo,

this is what you posted;

“Quinoa is a favourite of mine and I agree it’s sad that our healthy choices are causing price increases for families that probably have low incomes. Pulses are still reasonable cost compared to meat, fish and dairy though.”

It led me to believe that you misunderstood me as the second sentence makes no sense whatsoever in the context of my comment.

Mah Jong is simple, it is about finding matching pairs of symbols and removing them until there are no tiles left.

Purple,

I’m glad you enjoyed my review πŸ˜€ I’m sure you know much more about “modern” art than me.

As for the salad, I enjoyed it so much I was tempted to go and buy kale this morning even though I have a fridge full of veggies. The pouring rain and a flash of common sense stopped me………

Morning/evening all,

It’s a lovely morning here which is nice after yesterdays downpour.

My FD flew by as I was busy and I’m fasting again to day due to social activities planned for the weekend which means keeping busy including an appointment with a huge pile of ironing……

Whatever you are doing this weekend and whatever your reasons for observing Easter (or not),

have a good one everybody 😜

Amazon,

I am observing Easter in a ‘isn’t it great that the christians hijacked it because now we get a four day weekend’ kind of way πŸ˜€

I am already drooling about the hot cross buns that I will make tomorrow…Although I’m thinking I might make hot hash (# πŸ˜€) buns instead!

Hi Happy,

I’m visiting friends tomorrow evening and entertaining on Saturday so I’ve decided making HCBs would be a bad move as I’m making Rick Stein’s baked chocolate mousse for dessert. He’s not exactly famous for his dessert recipes but this one (which is in one of his oldest books) is fabulous. Melted butter and chocolate, beaten egg yolks and sugar, whisked egg whites. Combine and bake. It makes a dense, squidgy, delicious cake and all that is needed before applying it to one’s face is a dollop of clotted cream!

HCBs can wait until next year πŸ˜€

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    A Chinese Doctor can’t find a job in a Hospital in the US, so he opens his own clinic and puts a sign outside
    ‘GET TREATMENT FOR $20 – IF NOT CURED GET BACK $100.’
    An American lawyer thinks this is a great opportunity to earn $100 and goes to the clinic.
    Lawyer: ‘I have lost my sense of taste.’
    Chinese: ‘Nurse, bring medicine from box No. 22 and put 3 drops in patient’s mouth.’
    Lawyer: ‘Ugh. this is kerosene.’
    Chinese: ‘Congrats, your sense of taste is restored. Give me $20.’
    The annoyed lawyer goes back after a few days to recover his money.
    Lawyer: ‘I have lost my memory. I cannot remember anything.’
    Chinese: ‘Nurse, bring medicine from box no. 22 and put 3 drops in his mouth.’
    Lawyer (annoyed): ‘This is kerosene. You gave this to me last time for restoring my taste.’
    Chinese: ‘Congrats. You got your memory back. Give me $20.’
    The fuming lawyer pays him, and then comes back a week later determined to get back $100.
    Lawyer: ‘My eyesight has become very weak I can’t see at all.’
    Chinese: ‘Well, I don’t have any medicine for that, so take this $100.’
    Lawyer (staring at the note): ‘But this is $20, not $100!!’
    Chinese: ‘Congrats, your eyesight is restored. Give me $20’

Have A Happy Easter All You beautiful Losers πŸ˜†
    Peace RT

Up there with the best, RT!

Four days off, yay, Happy, you have it completely right. The boys can have the buns. It’s another FD for me as there were end-of-financial year celebratory drinks and nibbles at work yesterday on my usual one, so three FDs this week. And four lovely autumn days to enjoy, so walks, and maybe a final ocean swim, and four barbeques planned (even if the last two are in the dark, with the end of daylight saving on Sunday!). I’m loving my new kitchen, but I will have all winter to cook in it!

Happy Easter, all.

Nice one RT!

Barata, I’m envious of your autumnal days. We’re still waiting for spring – we’ve got a yellow warning for snow on Monday! So it looks like a weekend of winter walks for us ☹️ I have to do some gardening. I haven’t dug the veg patch over, or started any seeds off yet, it’s been too cold, but if I don’t get started there’ll be nothing to eat this year….

So the new kitchen was worth the hassle then?!

Yeh! 4 day holiday and no rain predicted! I’m definitely partaking of HCBs this morning, once I drag myself out of bed and down to the beach. Yesterday’s fast was SO worth it.
    I too celebrate Easter as Happy does and am very thankful to the Romans for Oestre as well. πŸ˜‰
    Enjoy the break, folks, whatever the weather. P

A week of rain forecast here 😧 with temperatures in single figures overnight.
    I’ll be very pleased when spring finally arrives……………

I shall rise above it and enjoy the weekend πŸ˜€

It’s been a stunning day, folks. I spent time in the garden, and keeping up with the cricket, watching English wickets fall! πŸ™‚

I think my FD finished at 5pm – there seems to be a few cms of beer in my water glass (otherwise empty, I hasten to add). I won’t be allowed any more, as OH has just discovered that the supplies are low, and of course shops are closed today.

I’m planning a very low-calorie dinner, cutting a bit of meat and fat off the boys’ steaks, adding cole slaw before the dressing goes on, and an avocado. The mushroom stocks are low, but I might get one of these too.

Loving the kitchen, but still work to be done! Have I shared recent events, such as the non-fitting of the fridge into the allocated space, damage thereafter to the flooring…?

And the Romans cleverly took over earlier celebrations. Always work with existing holidays and parties if you want to be popular. πŸ˜‰
    After HCBs, we spent the morning splashing in the waves and reading on the beach before retreating to our hideaway for a salad and cold cuts nibble. The young folks have headed off for more beach adventures while the old folks relax with cross words and a quick kip.
    27deg, ocean breeze, sunny. Doesn’t get much better than this. 😊P

21 here, P, but very acceptable. And now a full moon dodging soft clouds πŸ™‚ . FD has given way to a little red wine, but it’s all part of the bigger picture…

As it should…
    Sitting by rhe beach drinking pink bubbly. That full moon will rise over the ocean shortly 😊

Oh, life is good!!

Morning/evening all,

It would be nice if it were a tad warmer here as it is only 7C and due to rain for most of the afternoon and evening.

Purple,

I’m very jealous of your day on the beach but I mustn’t complain being not long back from a fabulous holiday and the fact that we will get spring and summer soon enough.

Barata,

I’ve not seen anything about the kitchen since the first photos on fb and I’m not sure I want to hear about the fridge and the floor 😱
    It’ll be fab once its finished πŸ˜€

Have a good one everybody 😜

I have recently joined this forum and looking for helpful advice from other members. I’m a disabled person and I love to eat a lot of junk foods that is making me fat day by day so I use this mobility scooter(https://www.aids4mobility.co.uk/scooters-accessories/midi-scooters) to move around. But I want a permanent solution for weight loss and I hate moving on a scooter.

Well it’s a balmy 3C here, sleeting a bit and falling as snow on the fells. I’ve put the heating on while I make my H#B.

I’ll get warmed up outside playing with the compost bins though. I’m determined to get the rats out and keep the bu**ers out this year! It doesn’t feel like the weather for sowing greenhouse crops, but past time I got tomatoes, cucumber, courgette and chillies started.

I’m not fasting today, but I’m thinking I need to keep it light in anticipation of oven-fresh buns dripping with butter πŸ˜€ (oh, and another reason to exert myself in the garden!)

La la la, can’t hear/see anything about the beach or temperatures in the 20s….

Hi Happy,

You have my sympathy regarding the weather. It is now p***ing down here and I’m supposed to be going out later. I have a very sore throat and blocked sinuses and really don’t feel like going anywhere in such conditions but I have a birthday cake to deliver. The biggest issue is that there is nowhere to park where I’m going so I have to take the bus 🀬

Good luck getting rid of your unwanted squatters.

Amazon,

You have my sympathies regarding your cold. I had a head cold start last weekend, with sore throat and swollen glands in my neck and one armpit, and slightly chesty. I felt thoroughly sorry for myself for about 3 days but woke feeling much brighter yesterday. Hopefully yours will be short-lived too.

It might be quite cool, but I’ve broken a sweat forking and barrowing compost. No current sign of squatters. We did have a bit of a population explosion in the autumn, partly them moving in from the countryside for winter, but most rats don’t make it to their first birthday. They are living under a shed unfortunately, but I’ve got some bait that doesn’t cause secondary poisoning so hopefully that, the cat, and the tawny owl will keep numbers down…

Hi everyone,

My cold has turned into a monster and I was so unwell last night that my guest went home at 9.30 so I could go to bed ☹

I’m feeling a bit better today but it is definitely a sofa day as my streaming nose and cough that sounds like a 40 a day habit aren’t condusive to going out and having fun.

I hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend 😜

So sorry to hear Amazon. I wish I was closer to render you some TLC. I hope you throw it off quickly. P

Amazon,

So sorry to hear you’ve gone down with a nasty bug. Fingers crossed it’s short and sharp.

Well day 3 of 4 days off is over, and I’m cream crackered! It’s been cold but dry so I’ve been busy in the garden (who’s bl@@dy stupid idea was it to have a really large garden?! Hmm, possibly the younger me!). My back has held up well to bending, digging, forking compost, weeding and barrowing thoigh so I’m really happy about that.

The H#B were not a complete success… but I ate them anyway 😊. I don’t think the temperature was right for the proving. I didn’t add the apple that the recipe called for (with hindsight I should perhaps have added more liquid to compensate). And the specified oven temperature was I think too high (having checked other recipes after the event!), The flavour was good, but the appearance was more rock cake/ crusty bun then HCB! It did briefly cross my mind to have another go….but six (small 😊) HCB in three days is probably enough for one year…!

Happy on the fast trackers great bake off with this offering πŸ˜† “rock cake/ crusty bun then HCB”
    just brilliant !!! i went to the seaside yesterday so much activity in the small seaside town it is crawling with tourists or as we locals would refer to as “rubber necks”
    back to work tomorrow and a fast day today Amazon a speedy recovery for you is the requirement.Daylight savings ended here yesterday and will need my head lamp on for the morning walk now 😯 a lovely 28 yesterday 27 today quite strange for this time of the year the paddocks are all dead and need of rain. happy Monday trendsetters.
    Peace RT

Hello to all my Fast Friends,
    We’ve arrived here already a week! The weather is beautiful but heavy rain for this time of the year.
    It’s very nice to be with my big family. For three consecutive years my birthday is here with them.
    Not eating is a big task here! Everytime we eat out big salads and fruit is a must. Also hydration is a must.
    Jo sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Certain news are tough to handle.
    Get well soon Amazon. Looks like up north the spring is to cold this year.
    To the rest of the gang have a wonderful week.
    πŸ˜˜πŸ£πŸ°πŸŒΊπŸŒ»πŸŒΈπŸ’

Surely it’s the other way around RT? With daylight saving finished we get lovely early sunrise! We were up and at the beach really early this morning. I’ll miss the long balmy evenings, but gain with the early light πŸ™„
    Our coastal town is packed with tourists for Easter too, but they bring much needed dollars and raise the standard of food in eateries. The weather has been stunning (sorry Happy) and my Vit D levels will be plenty high enough. Lots of fresh oyster, prawns and fish, plus salads between surfs. Simple holiday food, washed down with reisling. ☺ P

Morning/evening all,

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. I certainly could have done with some TLC yesterday,
    I’ve woken up feeling much better although still full of cold.

I didn’t move far from the sofa yesterday and did very little but still managed an 11 hour sleep. I had originally planned a trip to the gym today but that will have to wait and hopefully I’ll be ready for it tomorrow.

The days are getting longer here and it is slowly getting warmer. I have lots of spring bulbs in the garden and many of them are in bud with a few early hyacinths and some daffodils already providing cheerful splashes of colour πŸ™‚

Happy, I made some HCBs on Friday. I also managed to overcook them so need to lower the oven temperature next time. They taste fine but I’ll try a different recipe next year. I’ve given most of them away so there is just one left in the tin and I could hear it calling me from my bed this morning………..

2 HCBs between 3 people left here…will have to be used up in the morning. The left over chocolate will be donated to someone’s workplace. I had one mini egg and didn’t enjoy it….far too sweet for me😁
    Nice to hear your weather in the UK is starting to turn. P

Good Morning All,
    We finally have some sunshine, birds singing, no coat need on extra long dog walk, happy days. Still needed wellies as we had a lot of rain yesterday. I am pretty jealous of NZ weather at the moment, it must be their best summer on record. Terrible weather on my last visit in the middle of their summer. But better luck when we return next year.

I had both hot cross buns and chocolate this year, can’t say I really enjoyed the chocolate. Why! Eat it? I wish I could answer that! Habit! Tradition! Stupidity! Greed!
    Back to vegan food, just bulk cooking a curry but I need to shop for some greenery to add later.

Playing bowls this afternoon, skip for team so I had better focus on my best game.
    Dance lesson straight after so getting lots of exercise today.

We spent Monday clearing out our box room, lots to the Charity Shop, bowls club. Advertising some and redistributing quite a bit to other rooms. Result is access to this room which hasn’t been possible for two years. Just need to do all the other rooms now. Trouble is that means spending time at home, not great at that.

Happy- not considering gardening yet but like you I wish my garden was smaller these days. I don’t think I will grow much this year but I need my front garden pots full of colour.

Amazon-sorry to hear you are unwell, hopefully you will shake it off quickly. Do you still take Kefir daily? It definitely protects me from colds.

Fasting tomorrow and Saturday, Be well everyone! Enjoy your birthday HCB, nice to be with family.

Hi everyone,

Jo is your assertion that kefir protects you from cold viruses purely anecdotal or have you made an enormously important scientific discovery…………

I am still suffering and not yet well enough for any exercise. I am hoping that by tomorrow I’ll be able to get out in the fresh air as the forecast is excellent.

The weather is slowly improving and the proof is the summer quilt making an appearance on my bed. I thought it was the feverish effects of my cold causing me to wake up thinking I was inside a furnace until I realised the reason was much less sinister so changed the quilt along with the bed linen πŸ˜†

I’ve eaten far too much these past few days. A combination of being confined to barracks and the ever ravenous feeling I always have when I get a cold. The fact that friends gave me lots of chocolate and I was cooking dinner for a friend on Saturday meant that there was far too much temptation on offer.
    I did use the dark chocolate Easter egg I was given to make dessert for Saturday. It sounds daft but I can have bars of 70% in the fridge for months and not touch it but an Easter egg just has to be eaten so it was melted and used for a flourless chocolate mousse/cake which cannot be eaten without a dollop of clotted cream πŸ˜€

The goodies have all gone now which is a blessing. No more calling to me from the cake tin or the fridge………..

Hi Amazon,
    Myself, my other half and my daughter have all avoided the dreaded colds and flu while all around us have been dropping like flies. Assume immune system is working well and fighting off the germs. Sadly my daughter got strep throats infection recently but puts that down to her Kefir not recovering from its freezer holiday when she was here at Christmas. It stopped growing after that event.

I know what you mean about eating chocolate egg, if nothing else it gets it out of view when you open the fridge door for milk. I didn’t buy any, like you it was a gift that would have been better avoided.

I only ever use a summer quilt, find winter ones too hot on my feet, weird person that I am.

Sun still shining, I can’t believe it!

Kefir contributes to a healthy gut and provides us with vitamins and minerals. It also helps to support our immune system.
    However it is not a cure all and whilst a healthy gut environment improves digestion, lessens our chances of gastric system infections and according to certain sources (David Perlmutter) rules our brain, it certainly doesn’t prevent colds and other virulent viruses, infections and bacteria from attacking our bodies. That is the job of our immune system which if in good health can prevent many but not all bugs, or lessen the effects and help us to recover faster.
    Happy has also had a cold recently, and like you, me and many others, she drinks kefir every day.

I am not a huge fan of ordinary chocolate although I do eat it occasionally. I prefer it to have added flavour such as chilli, or additional ingredients such as dried fruit, nuts etc so a large chocolate egg isn’t particularly tempting. I had already planned to make the baked mousse before I received the egg so it was a perfect way of both using and sharing my gift.

Like so many other things that contribute to better health, kefir is only a part. Even if taken regularly, your gut health still needs to be nurtured with aporopriate, fibre rich, diverse, foods. No longer being in the workforce with exposure to viruses in confined spaces, is a boon too!
    I don’t eat chocolate…it’s always been too sweet for me…so I regifted the Easter eggs we received. A total of 3 HCBs (quality ones) over 5 days was enough. I will admit consumption of wine increased, but barely made a dent on my maintained weight. I still choose only to eat when genuinely hungry and not because it is expected of me. It seems to work for me.
    Good luck with that virus Amazon. Between antibiotic misuse and people “soldiering on”, viruses are becoming nastier and nastier. Crazy self destructive world we live in. 😐 P

Morning/evening all,

It’s a beautiful morning here with clear blue sky and sunshine and set to stay that way all day. I’m going to Kew Gardens later for a walk and if I’m OK along the towpath towards Rickmond.

Purple, I do better at controlling what I eat when in company than alone and even better if I’m with one of my skinny friends.

As for the virus, I’ve almost beaten it into submission and am feeling good for the first time in almost a week. I’ve been up an hour and not coughed yet which is an excellent sign.

ADF starts again tomorrow.

Glad you are feeling better Amazon, those lurgies are horrible!
    I have been making the most of glorious Autumn weather and gardening so much I have given myself a sore back! Never mind its worth it and makes fasting easier. Need to go for a long swim..
    I made stock yesterday and am starting on some soup soon, starting to feel more like soup weather now with lovely cool nights. Soup also is ideal fasting fare for me..just need to avoid the toast with it!

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    An 85-year-old man goes to see his doctor for his regular physical exam. The doctor says that the man needs to provide a semen sample and gives him a jar saying, “Take this jar home with you and come back tomorrow with a semen sample.”

The next day the old man goes back to the doctors and gives him the jar, which is as clean and empty as when the doctor gave it to him. So the doctor asks what happened and why there is no sperm sample in the jar. The old man says, “Well, doc, it’s like this… first I tried with my right hand, but nothing. Then I tried with my left hand, but still nothing. Then I asked my wife for help. She tried with her right hand – nothing; then with her left, still nothing. She tried with her mouth, first with the teeth in, then with her teeth out, still nothing. We even called up Maisie, the lady next door and she tried too, first with both hands, then an armpit, and she even tried squeezing it between her knees, but still nothing.”

The doctor is really shocked by all this and asks incredulously, “You asked your neighbor???”

The old man replies, “Yep, not one of us could get the jar open.”

Have A Happy Weekend All You beautiful Losers πŸ˜†
    Peace RT

Priceless RT!!!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜ƒ
    Have a great weekend. P

Oh, dear, RT, didn’t see that one coming… πŸ™‚

Jo, there are no promises that next summer will be as good as the best one ever!! You know you are coming to the Windy City – both statistically and anecdotally far windier than Chicago.

Three fast days (or days with one evening meal, calories not counted) have given me hope that the 2kgs that have stuck around for almost the last year are able to be shifted. Then out to lunch today with work (I know, Friday) after a challenging time trying to solve a very complicated puzzle with EscapeMate, where we were locked in a vault (genuine!) and had an hour to solve all the clues to permit our exit. It was only done with a lot of clues, and was rather frustrating in parts, but all good fun. Then out into the endless sunshine – with a bit of wind, see above.

Jo, I have to confess that the water kefir didn’t survive the weeks while the kitchen was under renovation. I am still taking the milk kefir daily, but as step-grandson is no longer allowed to live with us (after a stint in jail – long story), I am the sole user of this. I don’t know about its efficacy, but I did not have a cold last year. But neither did OH or son, so who knows?

Glad to hear you are getting better, Amazon. Funny thing about colds, they always take the same course!

Easter goodies were enjoyed by all in the B household, but that’s history for another year πŸ™‚

Morning/evening all,

Thanks RT 🀣🀣🀣

Another fine morning, not as sunny as yesterday but it’s going to be warmer πŸ™‚

I resorted to a bottle of cough medicine (tastes disgusting, full of sugar but effective) and my 40 a day habit cough now sounds more like 20 πŸ˜‰

I was really tired after my walk yesterday which was very enjoyable. No surprise as I’ve done nothing for a week.
    Kew Gardens was packed and I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many people there on a weekday before. It was good to see so many young children running around, playing and having fun in the fresh air. Quite a few were dressed as bunnies as they have a “Peter Rabbit Day” entertainment going on until Sunday. We also saw a few pairs of lost/discarded ears πŸ˜†

The early daffodils are finished but there were thousands more in bloom along with Snakes Head Frittilaries. The blubells are coming through but won’t be in bloom for another few weeks.There is a lot of blossom and spring colour everywhere including the camellias which look fabulous.
    The formal beds outsied the Palm House are very colourful too, yellow and blue/purple polyanthus, yellow, peach and blue hyacinths, peach/orange fritillaries all laid out in formation and providing a dazzling display.

One of the huge glass houses has been closed for 4 years in oreder for major restoration to be undertaken. It is finished but not open yeat as they are still laying paths and planting flower beds/lawns around the perimeter.
    It looks fabulous. All the glass has been replaced and the framse refurbished/replaced. The stonework has all been cleaned, repaired and restored and the huge staircase that leasd up to the entrance has been replaced with new slabs. I’m really looking forward to seeing what they’ve done inside.

They’ve also been working on the pagoda which has been closed to the public for many years and fallen into a bit of a sorry state.
    They have been restoring it to its original state complete with 30 dragons.
    It is too complicated for me to explain so when it is finished and uncovered I’ll post some photos on fb.
    The top half is finished and uncovered and we got a good look at it yesterday from the outside. The dragons were gleaming in the sun and with their wings spread look almost lifelike.

I cannot begin to imagine how many millions such specialist work costs but it is definitely worth it. When we arrived yesterday there were around 150 people queueing to get in and approx 130 were in the queuee for the ticket office rather than the members entrance. It is a hugely popular place and there are tourists from all over the world there during most of the year.

May 1st signifies opening at 8am for members which means 2 hours every morning for a quieter walk which I also enjoy.

The sun has just put in an appearance so I shall take myself out for some fresh air.
    I guess I should get dressed first!

I’m fasting today for the first time since last week. I took care not to eat too much yesterday to make it easier. We had tea and cake while we were out and I made a very healthy veg and tofu stir fry for dinner.

Have a good weekend everybody 😜

Please get dressed before you go out, Amazon…

I did………. πŸ˜€

Hi everyone,

It’s a mild, wet Sunday and I woke up craving meat so I went out and bought some lamb from one of the two really good local butchers

I also bought some baby aubergines so have decided a Middle Eastern route is the way to go.
    It’ll geive me some tasty leftovers for FD dinners πŸ˜€

The virus is still clinging on but I feel well and it isn’t stopping me from doing anything which is good news.

Monday fast day again we are having extraordinary weather here in South Australia with 36deg yesterday and 37deg today,10600 steps in the bank very balmy outside this morning ok keep on keeping on.
    Peace RT

You amaze me RT! I’m just getting up to another gorgeous day in the country. I’ve done about 20 steps😏
    Monday fast will have to be cut back to a 1/2 fast for us while we are gadding about.
    Autumn has had to wait in this part of the world too. Very few colorful trees yet, but with daytime temps of 27-28 and overnights of 15, it is perfect for travelling around vineyards and sleeping well.
    Have a good Monday everyone. P

8am here and I have just spent an hour watering the garden as we have more high 20’s days this week…rain please!
    Probably about 100 steps!!

No Monday fast here unfortunately as out to lunch…actually out Mon Tues Wed, so will have to fast Thurs Fri….but I did just have some fresh strawberries for breakfast! They are still growing well (outside) on the farm where sons MIL works and we are so lucky to be showered with really fresh strawberries plus yummy red capsicums!

Happy Monday all.

The strawberries and avocados HAVE been incredible this year. We are so lucky to live in such a large country with a diverse range of climates.
    My poor plants will be happy for a drink when I get home…no rain up our way either.
    I no longer think “this isn’t a fast day as I’m eating out”, I simply regard it as a sensible eating day πŸ˜‰ If what is on offer is stunning, and verboten, I’ll skip the next meal.
    Have a good week of lunches Nama. πŸ“πŸ₯‘πŸŽπŸ‡πŸ₯•πŸŒΆ

I get you Purple and I do anticipate some good menu choices, but my fast days work best now with one meal only for the day and if I have had a nice lunch out I invariably lack the willpower to skip dinner completely! It will be a salad..fresh coleslaw made…but my day still wont qualify as a fast day!!

Pretty much what I do, but I think a lot of inexperienced fasters throw the whole fast away completely as soon as they feel they have “erred” instead of thinking of the slip as a little hiccup, not the beginning of a slippery slope πŸ˜‰

Morning/evening all,

Warm and wet here and I’m still coughing so no gym again ☹

FD today and looking forward to making something tasty with the leftover lamb.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,701 through 3,750 (of 7,277 total)

You must be logged in to reply.