Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

This topic contains 7,125 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  Barata 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,901 through 1,950 (of 7,277 total)

• I will be interested to hear how you get on with sourdough in the breadmaker, P. I was just looking at mine now, and wondering if I would ever use it again, with carbs substantially reduced in the household (apart from the obligatory Easter chocolate and HOCs, of course.)

Positive vibes coming your way, for all our damaged fasters.

And do let us know how much ice-cream was enjoyed for your birthday, Wee. It would have been a special occasion. And now the cruise countdown… πŸ™‚

HOCs??? Barata?
    The sourdough resulted in an exceptionally light loaf…I haven’t cut it as it is a fast day πŸ˜‘, but it feels light.
    I used 1 cup of sourdough starter and 1 tbs dried yeast. It took 3 hours in the machine, compared to the normal 24 hours. It isn’t traditional sourdough, but as most commercial sourdoughs use added yeast, I thought I’d give it a go. It isn’t as good for you, as the yeasts have not been consumed slowly, but still must be better than bought loaves. A quick alternative. P 😊

Hi Fast Trackers
    Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    We each have our own study of one either on continuous repeat or are still searching for the right fit yfee got the wobbles up with some family stresses within her own family but bounced back in a week of indulgence so find what’s your doable and keep on keeping on and in so doing know thy own self…Find your own drivers tailored to you much is the power of fasting for one. Easter Monday it is have a great day the less you eat the more you lose.

β€œIt’s is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”

Peace RT

Hear Our Currants? Hills Of Chocolate? Or just a typo… πŸ™‚

I’m afraid I have dispensed with the latest batch of sourdough starter, so won’t be testing this option, P. Interesting, though.

Well done yfee, and hope her stresses have distressed, RT.

Morning/evening all,

We’ve has some rain overnight but I suspect not enough to avoid having to water the garden. I can’t remember the last time I needed to do so before June, it has been exeptionally dry in this part of the UK. It is mild and cloudy this morning.
    My knee continues to improve and the combination of rest, ice and anti-inflammatory gel seems to be doing the trick πŸ™‚

I made a loaf of bread yesterday and it was a disaster, just fell apart when I attempted to slice it. No idea what went wrong but I now have a huge bag of breadcrumbs (and no bread) in the freezer πŸ˜†

Have a good one everybody 😜

The ingredients for French pudding perhaps Amazon??

I’ve no idea what French pudding is and am hoping you’ll enlighten me πŸ™‚
    The only pudding I can think of that uses breadcrumbs is treacle tart and I won’t be going there πŸ˜–

I’ll be using them in gratins, bread sauce which is so good with chicken and stuffing (not that I make it very often) meatballs or their veggie alternative, and maybe even to thicken savoury sauces or the occasional batch of soup.

Hello,
    Our family dinner went very well last night. My stepdaughter had the entire leftover wrapped up for us. My husband does not eat pork, SIL eats like a bird. Politely I took a few slices of it and give her back. Still came home with mashed potatoes, green beans and salad.
    Amazon I think Purple means bread pudding. Old bread soaked over night in custard and baked the day after.
    Last night my shoulder wasn’t good but the knee is better. Yours will be good to Amazon.
    Thank God we had rain last night.
    See you later 🌺

Hi HCB,

These knees are troublesome aren’t they? I’m pleased with the improvement and hoping to be able to go to the gym tomorrow.
    Sorry to hear your shouldder is still sore, I hope it improves soon.
    Thanks for the bread pudding idea, we’ll find out if you are right soon enough πŸ™‚

I always say no when offered leftovers as I feel really guilty if I end up throwing them away………

Yes HCB
    Like bread and butter pudding, but the pieces are bigger and left to soak for longer.
    I saw a recipe for HCB Creme Brulee. Now THAT’S an OTT idea with leftovers! P

Thanks,

I love bread and butter pudding but it is almost impossible to make a single portion so it is off the menu for now.

I’ll take my Creme Brulee unadulterated please πŸ˜‰

What leftovers? 😊

I have 4 HCBs and most of my homemade HCB loaf in the freezer. Months of leftovers.😊
    The creme brulee is an individual portion made in a ramekin πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Morning all,

I am with Happy – what leftovers?? I do have some frozen Hot Cross Buns, but that is only because I got suckered into buying a tray of 24 at Costco! I went to Costco because disp. nappies were on special, came out $500 poorer! Most of the buns will stay frozen though.

It wasnt $500 worth of food! Mostly loo paper, paper kitchen towel, etc etc. I must be part squirrel I think – my ‘Costco Cupboard’ is overflowing with tinned tomatoes, passata sauce etc. If we get flooded in I will be ok for a couple of months!! I hate grocery shopping so much, I try to get it over with only every 3-4 months…

Great to hear yfee doing well still RT. We wont discuss the football results! Well, you might like to, but I will keep quiet!

Really strict fast yesterday, reset everything, including the appetite!

You just explained the housing shortage Nama. How can we baby boomers downsize when we need to stock up supplies for the apocalypse?☺
    Total reset, after a fast, here too. Great stuff, isn’t it? P

Ha Purple! We won’t be downsizing until we are carried out! I need my third acre to stay sane…. Yesterday I planted about 80 bulbs that jumped into the car last trip to Jamieson!

Same here. ☺☺ 🐎 (Room for a pony πŸ™„)

Morning/evening all,

A fine sunny day here in London β˜€

My knee is much better and I’ll be able to go to the gym tomorrow but will avoid the treadmill until next week. I felt like a caged animal this weekend but it worth worth staying at home with my feet up.

HCBs come in packs of 4 and they are always cheaper if you buy two packs at once. I managed not to do that this year and only bought two packs in total which is about 75% less than I would normally buy in the weeks leading up to Easter. I won’t be buying any next year as I shall be making some.

I’m trying not to buy too much although I do have an impressive collection of tinned pulses and I’m running everything down at the moment in order to start afresh and only buy things that are usued/eaten regularly (three cans of chestnuts, why????………..)
    I’m out of dried fruit and nuts at the moment which is good as there is far less to nibble when I don’t really need to eat.

I am fasting today and will be in the kitchen later turning the leftovers into delicious FD dinners.

Hi Everyone,
    Fast Day going well, just as well because there was far too much food eaten yesterday, keeping busy to avoid thing about food.

Freezing at outdoor bowls today, sun not helping temperature at all, then I had to clean the windows of the clubhouse ( my new monthly duty)so lots of exercise today. Used a Karcher window vacuum, cordless, rechargeable and very effective. But if they want me to do them every month I will need a set of steps, climbing up and down off a dining chair is none too safe.

Went to see Al Stewart last night, he is still very good even if he doesn’t manage the high notes any more. He had two superb guitarists as support too. I was very tired after my Segway Trip around Leeds Castle. Still feel jaded today. Early night tonight after my Ukelele Class.

Out again tomorrow at Eltham Palace, should be a good day, Gardens are quite spectacular I believe. We shall see! Just taking a flask of soup with me tomorrow, dinner at home.

Day #3 – Decided to have a Fast Day today instead of tomorrow when it is the only night this week that the family can eat together. Problem is I wasn’t planning this until after I ate breakfast and got to work. I figured out my calories and I wasn’t too bad so I am sticking to it today!

Hi Fast Trackers
    Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Interesting how we think the future will be in particular the family home or the current home my Dad has always been a shed dweller fixing stuff pulling stuff apart to save stuff going to clearance sales to buy more stuff to fix more stuff just in case I need stuff they don’t make that stuff anymore stuff. The MIL lives on the family farm alone 1000 acres she will struggle when the time comes to cope with not having the space the dogs the birds the sheep the doves the chooks the ducks the peacocks who have to come on the verandah in front of the glass sliding to C**P mum whold not have it any other way a quick wash off with the hose in her nighty beanie and rubber boots :LOL: ah gee fun times I have been babysitting the 2nd lads 2 rug rats for the past 2 days you quickly forget how inquisitive little humans can be and quickly you remember how fast you can move when you have too πŸ˜‰ happy hump day fast friends Nama the footy tips are hard slog and Im sure your DIL is in need of shock thereapy to see the Hawks anchored to the bottom of the ladder at 0-4 and the swans keeping them company after playing in the Grand Final last year.

β€œIt’s is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”

Peace RT

“It’s is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    I read this, just now, as I tried to eat “just a couple” of cashews at 4:15pm on my 2nd AFD for the week. I stopped at a few more and cleaned my teeth.
    Thanks for the reminder😊😊P

Morning All,
    Yes Purple, good save, nuts are definitely a risk food. I decant them into tiny Tupperware containers, snack size treats.

Sunny day here. It I may be dog sitting instead of my planned day out. My oldest dog may need to see a vet, she is weeing frequently, not like her.

Oh well I can do some diet planning and gardening.

Have a great day everyone.

Mirning Jo
    Sorry to hear about the poor old dog. Hope he’s OK. πŸ•
    Mr P stores the cashews in an enormous glass jar. Once down off the high shelf, and open, it is hard to stop. πŸ˜‘ Better off just dipping my finger in salt. 😊😊

Hi all,
    I do hope your dog is ok Jo, hopefully just a simple infection, elderly ladies are prone to them!
    Purple I cant have cashews in the house, though just ate 4 almonds at the pointy end of a fast day. Yum and not as hard to stop as cashews for me.
    RT your MIL sounds an absolute gem, go her! I am married to a ‘shed dweller” , another reason we could not downsize in the foreseeable future. There is a 3 car garage with a big workbench along one wall, a woodshed behind it, plus another shed that was erected behind the garage when he decided to restore old cars at one stage – forever referred to as the “MG garage”! Plus another ‘garden shed’ at the bottom of the garden. But if you ever need a screw or unusual nail, or any tool imaginable, its in there somewhere! Your Dad is not alone when it comes to saving ‘stuff’ but its wonderful to have someone who can fix anything!
    I spent a lovely Autumn day with my grandaughter, walked to the park while her mother had a nap, what fun we had. Easy to fast when so busy with her and s
    o right about not starting to eat in the first place!

Morning/evening all,

The sun is shining again but the wind is cold.
    My knee is getting another day of rest before I start exercising as I would rather take another day nowthan start working out before it is better.

My FD went well yesterday, no nuts or dried fruit to tempt me so my only snack was a teaspoon of hummus and 3 raspberries which was an excellent result.
    The shepherds pie was delish which is good as I’ll be eating it all week πŸ™‚

I’m fasting again today as I want to get 3FDs in before the weekend.

Hi All,

I had a good fast yesterday too, and the scales suggest I have undone Easter (over) indulgence!

Amazon,

Good luck with the knee. I have taken a few days off to try and nurse my back back to health. Sitting is such a poor position I’m having a week off doing it!

Jo,

As Nama says, hopefully your old girl just has a UTI, but it definitely sounds like a trip to the vets. The joy of pets, eh? They take our money and time…

Nama,

Aren’t all married men shed-dwellers?!

RT,

You do paint great mental​ pictures of your family! Your MIL sounds like a tough old bird, something to aspire to!

Thanks Happy,

It is much improved but I thought one more day of rest would be prudent despite the fact that the inactivity is driving me mad!
    Having said that I’ve been up and down the back steps watering the garden this morning as everything is looking a bit thirsty. I was delighted to find a small green shoot with 2 leaves on my favourite salvia which I feared had died due being moved. I shall continue to give it plenty of TLC in the hope that other shoots appear soon.
    Lots of bees in my garden this morning 😎 which is good news. I’ve bought a few perennials over the past few years that are loved by insects and they appear to be doing their job.

Hi Happy yes she is old school no doubt about it she is a spritely 78yo who still sells raffle tickets for charity down the street is on the bowls club catering committee for weddings funerals and gatherings has driven the school bus delivered babies on outback farms and had foster children still drives a twin cab ute 4wd and is the general drop off and pick up for child minding on weekends and school holidays she is a family treasure. I Will need to point out that I am not a shed dweller at all as I think the only male on the site my shed dweller facility would be akin to Jamie Oliver’s with a nice big commercial kitchen in the shed out the back with a glassed in atrium off the side with a pot belly now that’s a shed πŸ˜‰ Bucket list be mine..
    Thursday lets get our fast on !!
    RT

Aha! Thursday eating for me, RT! The advantage of the Mon-Weds-Friday regime this week. 😊
    I like the sound of your shed. My idea of a proper shed. Mr P, like Mr Nama, has about 30% of the covered areas as his shed domain on this property. Yes, he has kept everything over the years and can turn his hand to any task, but still spends a lot of time and money in Bunnings πŸ˜‘
    Your mil sounds a treasure. Does her daughter take after her?
    Went to the Billy Bragg concert last night. Terrific, as usual. His version of Dylan’s old song particularly resonated “For The Times They Are Achanging – Back”!
    Have a good Thursday. P

Hi Purple yes MIL is a genuine super star and super hero to all the family however hell would freeze over before Yfee would be seen by even a peacock in a nightie rubber boots and a beanie little lone a human big or small πŸ˜† she does have some of her Mums qualities though go to for coffee chats about child raising advice and relationship counselling etc not really a farming lass is yfee πŸ˜‰ I have been meaning to ask how many calories would you and Mr P consume on a non-fast day? As my take on your way of life it would be minimal or as required slash needed,

I don’t count calories amy more RT. I know when I’ve eaten emough.

This week I’m fasting alternate days and eating whatever I like on the others. Today I had scrambled egg with ham at 10. An arepa (?),a Venezuelan corn and kale thing with cabbage and blackbeans at a market at 1:30. Yum!

Family dinner at an Indonesian tonight. I simply eat within reason on refeed days. That’s why I fast. ☺
    I also think the ups and downs are what gives the health benefits.
    All I can say, we clearly don’t eat too much as we don’t gain weight. ☺☺☺P

Morning/evening all,

Another fine morning here and it is a bit warmer than yesterday.
    My knee is still a bit sore when walking more than a few paces but so much better than the tear inducing pain of last weekend. I’ve decided to take the cautious approach and the gym has been designated out of bounds until Monday.
    It’s really sad as it means I have to stay home, watch tennis 🎾 and await my wine 🍷 delivery πŸ˜‰

Two fasts done this week so two meals today (does a little jig)😎

Well my back is still tender, but I think getting less so. And luckily I can walk (perhaps I’m better off with a bad back than knee Amazon?!) so I’m back to a daily 4 mile (6ish km) walk. I’ve been doing some additional reading about backs, and fast walking and a series of exercises that don’t load the spine seem to be helping.

I’ve done one fast only this week, which works for maintenance but, seeing as I’m 0.5 – 1 kg heavier than I want to be, I should really do a second. It is an ideal opportunity as I’m not working so it would be easier to fast…but I am a bit peckish this morning and my coffee has failed to take the edge off πŸ™

RT,

Wellies, nightie and beanie is a look that I definitely aspire to in my later years!

P,

I don’t calorie count either. It’s all about portion control isn’t it? And the daily monitoring of weight keeps us honest!

Happy,

My long term back issue which seems to be under control with the core exercises I’ve been doing this year and I am so pleased as I’m pain free for the first time in decades. What needs to happen now is a continuation of the work I’m doing and not letting things slide.

The knees are in good shape considering the heavy load they’ve carried around for so long and I think this current issue is down to twisting it earlier this year and overdoing the exercise without paying sufficent attention to recovery ie more stretching required.

I’ve come to the conclusion that boredom and greed are my enemies so keeping busy and not having too much temptation in the house is the answer.
    The cake has been given away as it was proving too tempting.

https://healthfully.wordpress.com/2014/01/26/the-crux-of-intermittent-fasting/
    Hi all, this is a long read, but I think it is worthwhile. The author has fasted for 10 years and has impressive scientific credentials. It explains very well why the usual low cal but include everything in moderation type diet does NOT work, why we need to combine very low carb with fasting..
    Have a great weekend all, raining here so a soup-making day for me!

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    A woman didn’t come home one night. The next morning she told her husband that she had slept over at a friend’s house. The man called his wife’s 10 best friends. None of them knew anything about it.
    A man didn’t come home 1 night. The next morning he told his wife that he had slept over at a friends house. The wife called her husband’s 10 best friends. 8 of them confirmed that he had slept over and 2 said he was still there.
    A husband and wife were golfing when suddenly the wife asked, “Honey, if I died would you get married again?” The husband said, “No sweetie.” The woman said, “I’m sure you would.” So the man said, “Okay, I would” Then the woman asked, “Would you let her sleep in our bed?” And the man replied, “Yeah, I guess so.” Then the wife asked, “Would you let her use my golf clubs?” And the husband replied, “No, she’s left handed.”
    Never Criticise Your Husbands FAULTS It May Have Been Those Little Imperfections Which Stopped Him From Getter A Better Wife. πŸ˜‰
    Have A Happy Weekend All You beautiful Losers πŸ˜†
    Peace RT

I will be reading investigating and getting stuck into that information Nama that really is my sort of thing just quietly πŸ˜‰

Thanks Nama. A weekend read. Jason Fung’s blog today has the physiological explanation why fasting reduces hunger. All good ammunition for us.
    Have a great weekend. P

Morning/evening all,

Thanks for the link Nama.

Friday already 😱 where does the time go?

Third FD of the week for me and the last portion of shepherds pie. It’s going to be a vegetarian weekend after a week of meat and fish.
    HF-W has a recipe he calls spouffle which is a souffle type mix that contains pasta and vegetables. I’m going to make it with pulses rather than pasta and on Sunday try to recreate the most amazing full veggie breakfast I had in a restaurant in Fremantle last time I was in Australia. It had grilled halloumi, roasted tomatoes, aubergines, spicy beans, two types of mushrooms, fried potatoes, eggs any way you want. I’m sure there was something else but I can’t remember what, I think it was a mixed veg dish but it was a long time ago….
    Obviously it’ll be dish of the day πŸ™‚

I chose it because it was different to anything I’d ever had before and it was delicious. I’m considering making bubble and squeak rather than fried potatoes as I have some kale that needs using, and I don’t have any aubergines.

When I was in Adelaide we went out for brunch after a long walk and had a very nice veggie breakfast apart from the cold mashed potato which is apparently deliberately served that way…………..

Oh dear, I’m salivating now and it’s only 10am πŸ˜†

Have a good weekend everybody 😜

Yum Amazon. One of my favourite types of brunch! Lucky I’m about to break my fast No 3 for the week.
    All the best with yours. P

Morning All,

Sorry I have been absent, flying around as usual. Tilly(dog) still having issues, Vet gave her an antibiotic for an infection yet didn’t actually identify one from the urine test. She may need surgery for a fatty lump which may be pressing on her bladder. But scared of doing this at age 13 but I guess I need to do what’s best for her. Giving her until Monday to improve.

My friend took my dog on Wednesday as she was sitting her own, he had a paw injury. So I visited Eltham Palace after all. It was a great day out, pictures on Facebook. Lovely Art Deco building, not sure about the Gold bathroom but everything else was great.

Fasting is not going well, not good when worried about pets. Must get a grip today.

Nama- Looking forward to reading the article, need a boost.

RT- I plan on being a thoroughly disgraceful gran-ager, both in fashion and lifestyle. Really embarrass my kids. Go MIL.

PVE- I can honestly say I have cured physical hunger but I am a long way from mental mindfulness control, depression and worry, even excitement send me strait to ‘What can I eat mode’. Long term 23/1 helped me overcome physical needs though, rarely hungry at all. Drinking (not wine) frequently is the key.

Amazon, glad your knee is on the mend, take care.

Happy, are you getting any benefits from taking Kefir now? A friend has resolved a long term skin rash through its use. She was told it was a sunlight allergy, now cleared up after 2 months of Kefir. Interesting! Gut bacteria is a fascinating subject, that bacteria is totally underestimated in out health issues.

I am far too addicted to homemade yogurt these days, an intervention is necessary, must make less. Berries and nuts added can be quite calorific. I have been known to eat 3 during a non fast day- oops! Big jars too 180 ml.

RT- Thanks for the jokes, I really needed them! Not my usual upbeat self at the moment. Dance class soon, that should cheer me up.

Glad your back is on the mend. I have made a resolution ‘NOT’ to lift any more pots and sacks of soil. Life is too short to have back ache.

Hi Jo,

Anti-biotics is a good first line of treatment for an elderly animal.
    If she should need to have the lump removed it is what is best for her. A general anaesthetic is always a life threatening risk regardless of age, health or species but that it something people tend to forget as surgery is often viewed as a routine procedure. The risk does increase slightly with age and age related health issues but the benefits of a successful outcome often far outweigh them. I’m sure the vet wouldn’t proceed if it was deemed too risky and both your dog and you would be much happier.

IMO hunger is irrelevant it is all about control. If we all ate only when hungry and stopped when full none of us would be here in the first place. I have to fight the urge to eat when I’m not remotely hungry and I doubt that it is something that will ever go away but I’m determined to control it as I’m done with being the fat one!

As for the yoghurt, the answer is to make less and only eat it unadulterated and no more than once per day.
    I make 500ml rather than a litre these days which was a good move especially as I’m now drinking kefir daily.
    I have to say that I feel full of energy and am sleeping really well, and I’ve not had a headache (apart from a hangover 😳 )or generally felt under the weather for a while, nor have I taken any medication apart from my prescription for a couple of months. I think the kefir is definitely having an impact on my general health and my vegetarian diet may well have made a difference.

I’m finding it difficult to make small portions of kefir but will continue to use it in cooking so some of it will go into the spouffle tomorrow and I’m going to make some soda bread after watching a Paul Hollywood programme where he was in Dublin which has had me dreaming of it all week!
    I’ve discovered that if it is frozen on the day it is baked the de-frosted slices are as fresh as just baked πŸ˜ƒ
    I’ve been looking at methods of making kefir cheese and it looks a bit messy but I may give it a go at some stage over the coming weeks. Watch this space…

I used to be in the habit of buying an edible treat such as croissant. bagel, baguette, Danish pastry when I went shopping but I’ve converted it into flowers. More expensive but lasts longer and isn’t fattening πŸ˜‰

My knee is much better and I had no pain while out shopping this morning but it felt a bit tight rather than painful after I’d been down to the garden to hang out the washing. I’m missing the gym but think I’ve made the right decision to stay away until next week.
    I might try a walk tomorrow down to Syon Park as it isn’t far and I can get on a bus at any point in the journey.

I’m in full domestic goddess mode today, shopping, laundry, washing rugs and tidying up.
    I have a mountain of paperwok that needs sorting/filing/shredding and am planning on getting it done this weekend.

I hope the weather warms up again soon as I’m tired of being cold and having to don socks, vests and sweaters. I know some of it is due to having less padding but not all πŸ˜•

Hi Jo,

General anaesthetic is always a worry, but if your vet is a good vet then they will take extra special care with an older animal before/during/after surgery. It doesn’t sound like your old girl is on her last legs, but if the antibiotics don’t do the trick her quality of life may be compromised and her life expectancy reduced without surgery. It’s never easy is it, deciding what’s best for them (and not us!)?

Re: kefir. I don’t know whether I’m noticing any significant benefits. I do know it will settle my stomach if I feel a bit odd, but then so would my natural yoghurt. A swig from the fridge is also a great way of getting past hunger on a non-fast day! I did feel a bit chesty yesterday morning, fine today, but was that the fast or the kefir or neither?!

Nama,

Thanks for the link. I’ve got a couple of fasting books on the go at the moment, but always room for another!

Amazon,

We’re still eating out of the freezer, despite OH pulling faces…. ! I need to use up all sorts, including meat-based winter stews and pasta sauces, curries, fish pie, chilli and burgers. I’m determined not to put anything else in without removing at least two things each time!

Glad to hear your knee is improving. My back continues to improve too. I’m also impatient, but given the injury it sustained I have to be realistic on timescales… weeks, not days for full recovery ☹️

Well, I’m two fasts down for the week, and they have dropped me back into my maintenance zone. I just need to be mindful now and not get complacent!

RT,

Loved the jokes!

Good afternoon everyone . ..Jo I hope you furry friend is OK now pal . I used to worry about our collie all the time too . they are our family . Glad the backs and knees are improving too .I just wish we could have better weather as I feel the aches and pains ease off a bit with the heat . Jo I have from my water keefer grains as we are off on the cruise on Sunday AM.
    I am so excited I am actually feeling sick lol . My back is killing me because I keep going back upstairs and putting things or taking things off the spare room bed waiting to be packed . Jim. keeps saying Just so many more sleeps . I have lots of new clothes size 12 and 14 . I still can’t get my head around it :).
    I am 6 pounds below my maintenance weight so that gives me some scope to try all the lovely food ( Ice cream). I haven’t had any ice cream for weeks and I am so proud of myself . I can’t wait to see Jim in his shorts lol as he hasn’t ever worn them except when he played football in his 20’s . I bought him a wee skip hat that has a wee curtain things that unzips and covers his neck . he loves it lol .
    I have just had my first plate of porridge in months . I have cut down quite a bit lately but I am having a “normal” day today. We are leaving in the early hours of the morning and I won’t be eating for at least 24 hours as with my IBS I want to be on the ship before I eat . Can you guess we are off on holiday???? So so excited :p :p ”be good everyone . I will check in around the 1st next month to check up on you πŸ™‚ xxxxxx

Wee xx

Wee,

I hope you have a fantastic time! 6lbs below your maintenance weight is a fantastic way to begin the holiday too, guilt-free! I hope we’re going to see some photos of slinky size 12 Wee, and Jim’s knees, on holiday?

Wee,

I hope you and Jim have a fabulous holiday and you can enjoy yourself trying any foods you like without worrying. I had a friend who was slim but always went on a diet and lost a few pounds before a holiday as she said it was depressing to come home and do it!

Happy,

Do you find that you go out and buy more food rather than opening the freezer door and getting something out? It’s a habit I’m trying to get out of so that stuff doesn’t sit in it for months on end.

It’s my third FD out of 4 days and I’m soooooooo hungry today. I hope that is a sign of weight coming off.

Amazon, yes! A bad habit, not helped by the freezer’s being stuffed full (making it hard to easily see what’s there) and some things poorly labelled (it will be obvious that this is x….what the bl**dy he’ll is this, and how long has it been here?!)

Anyway, I now have a list of contents and ‘ready meals’ (OH thanked me for cooking last night – I had to admit I’d only re-heated a casserole he’d made in March!). I am crossing things off as they exit the freezer. It’s my intention to also note down what goes in.. What’s that saying about the road to hell and good intentions πŸ˜€

When batch cooking and putting portions in the freezer I used to put a post-it note on the door with the number of portions and calorie content, then I decided if they were 350 calories max I didn’t need to which turned out to be a bad idea when I ended up with no chilli, no cauli cheese and 4 portions of curry left!
    I’ve only got AJs chilli and burgers in there at the moment and they’ll be gone in a couple of weeks.
    I’m busy deciding what to replace them with, probably dhal without the sweet potato for times when I simply can’t be bothered or come home starving, but it is such a great time to cook up new season veg and have a meal ready in minutes, I don’t want too much in there.

I bought some English strawberries today. I don’t usually buy them at this time of year but I could smell them from 10 paces away so knew they would be good.
    They are delicious πŸ™‚

Hello, Hello πŸ€—
    Past Wednesday my girlfriend had the Vet coming for her house to end the suffering of her terminal ill German shepherd. I saw something humane and peaceful.
    Thinking of you Jo with your doggy!
    For the next 10 days we need to empty the freezer and fridge. It gets a bit complicated because I need frequent trips to the supermarket … hopefully eat less as well.
    Nama thanks for the link. It is long but worth the read.
    The weather is nice and hot! The knee is better but I keep waiking in the middle of the night when I turn… it’s gonna be better sometime. My only exercise is walking Sasha, some garden work and house chores.
    Miss Wee we are all so excited for you. Have fun there and 6 lbs lighter… aren’t you a good girl. Congratulations πŸ™ƒ
    SIL goes home already Tuesday the same day I go back to Fasting πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Soon we’ll go out for happy hour in on of the rooftop bars followed by dinner somewhere. Salad and fish for me 😬
    Have a good weekend and don’t start if you can’t stop as RT remind us πŸ‘

Viewing 50 posts - 1,901 through 1,950 (of 7,277 total)

You must be logged in to reply.