Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

This topic contains 7,125 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  Barata 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 7,277 total)

• Myanmar, used to be called Burma 🙂
    The picture with me in was taken on the last night when some of us dressed in traditional lunghis (skirts) that we had bought. The cute little bloke in the middle is our wonderful tour leader 😍

Hi Fast Trackers & Welcome New Fasters And Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) 😉
    10000 steps in the bank this morning check 😆 I am coming off the scheduled 4 day liquid only October fast today and I will as usual break that with some farm fresh eggs done tonight perhaps some chopped chives smoked salmon 3 egg scramble and full fat sour cream tonight fresh black cracked pepper.
    This will be the 5th 4 day fast this year and one in December to come interesting observation I have not felt as though I have had to stop because of hunger or the hungry dragon I find that I prove that on my study of one and yet I am still really surprised at how high on a natural high I am after this fast. Impressed much have a great weekend everybody.

“It’s is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    Peace RT

Well done RT and enjoy your dinner. It sounds delicious 🙂

Thanks Amazon . I will tell Jim and we will look at them later .

RT I agree your meal sounds fab ,enjoy pal ..
    I am in the middle of my liquid fast today . so far so good . I find it easier not to eat too but one day at a time is enough for me . Jim still worries if I don’t eat he keeps asking if that is OK at my age . My Age?? I am still a young thing ( in my head) lol .

Wee xxx

Amazon Jim said right away looks like Burma its called Myanmar now. His hobby is Maps . He loves history and geography and the Bible . He is always reading . If we are watching a film and someone mentions a place he automatically says out loud where in the world it is . IF he hasn’t heard of it he has to go look it up and then shows me it on the map. Helps me learn . Both loved the pictures xx

Evening Everyone,
    It’s early morning but I can’t sleep, throat on the mend but dry cough taken over along with having stuffed up nose. Plain old fashioned ‘cold’ is not really what I needed at the moment. Can’t really complain as it’s the first in a couple of years. Not fasting tomorrow again, just not in the mood, maybe try again Monday. Probably still stick to soups and salads.
    RT- well done in the four day fast, gets you back in the swing. Did you regain lost weight after last ones? I regained it each time, I did a five day and two four day ones this year. Admit that I felt great after each, energised and slim. Do you just have water and green tea or black coffee?
    Wee- you are doing fine without doing a long fast, maintained for the last year I think? I only did it to boost weight lost and prove to myself that I could actually stick to fluids only for a few days.

Morning/evening all,

Jo, if you do a four day food free fast the maximum amount of fat lost cannot be more than 2-3lbs as the numbers simply don’t add up. If the scales tell you 6lbs less that means that 3-4lbs will go back on as soon as you eat and drink normally. As you say, it’s a good way of getting back into the swing and hopefully reaping the perceived benefits of fasting but like exercise, it doesn’t do much for weight loss.

Sorry to hear that you’ve got a cold, I didn’t think your throat “infection” was linked to the swimming pool incident as pool water contains chemicals to neutralise or kill off anything harmful.

Another successful FD done and dusted 🙂

I’m going to Kew Gardens today to look at the autumn colours. The sky is blue at the moment but apparently it’s going to cloud over but I’ll keep my fingers crossed for a bit of sunshine.

Have a good one everybody 😜

Jo,

Sorry to hear it’s developed into a cold, sounds like what I had. I must admit I did fast – hoping that autophagy would help shift the germs! Of course I’ve no way of knowing if it helped or not.

Are you still going to SW? Did you join that alternate group you mentioned? Maybe your next meeting can get you remotivated.

I suspect I will be doing a weekly fast from now on. Dark nights and cold weather mean less exercise and more winter fare. I’m already wondering how soon I can try my homemade mincemeat…I blame you for that Amazon 🙂

Anyway, one more working day to get through before the weekend. Hurrah 🙂

Cold Friday night here…fire on and I’m STARVING and other even a fast day! Funny how that happens when you are cold. Food, wine and a thick jumper, I think. ☺
    Hope the cold goes quickly, Jo. I’ve had severe throat infections from public swimming pools that were supposedly chlorinated. That’s why I stick to my own.
    Have a good weekend folks. P

Hi P,

When I got home on Sunday I had to put the heating on and it stayed on all day as I could not get warm until I had something to eat. I guess without a huge layer of insulation we need to keep the engine stoked. I’m not looking forward to fasting through the winter but I’m going to ensure I have lots of stocks and soups stashed in the freezer to help me keep on the straight and narrow, and am hoping that fasting on gym days will help me to stay warm. All of my lovely hand knitted winter woollies will fit me now too 🙂

Morning All,
    Just off to enjoy a walk in the sunshine, I think I will head along the coast today. I cancelled my gym class, simply not up for it but still plan on attending my 100 word story course. I am also playing a league bowls match tonight, no replacement available. Hopefully I won’t sneeze mid delivery, could be hazardous to team mates.

Amazon, I am certain that I injured my throat in the pool but the cold was probably caught on the germ ridden coach journey home. As for chlorine preventing the spread of germs in pool water, no way. Actually I think it was excessive chorine that did the damage. Children regularly catch ear infections from public pools. I also noticed a marked increase in colds and coughs when regularly using steam rooms.

Happy- I haven’t attended SW since my return but hope to go tomorrow to the new group, supposing I get up in time after enough sleep, managed only 2 hours last night. Yes I definitely need group support to keep on track especially at the moment. It’s always a danger time when sick or feeling low. I wish I could be more self motivated but I just find it all too hard. I really try to be a positive person but I think it’s a Jekyll and Hyde Scenario, big high, big low. I know I would not have maintained even the 3 stone loss without this group.

Must immerse myself in some housework today too, just a bit of vacuuming, it’s beginning to smell like a kennel, I am told, I can’t smell anything at the moment.

PVE- the gym pool is a lot better than the public pool, less use, especially the outdoors one. Not many people I know have private pools, we just don’t get the weather to make them economically viable. Very jealous though!

Come and use mine next time you are over Jo!
    Amazon, the thinner Mr P and I managed just fine in the UK last winter. We probably ate more than we do here, and loved it, but also walked a lot! We put on no weight.
    I happen to be wearing exactly the same clothes today (late spring) that I wore in the Scottish Highlands, with snow outside, last Christmas. I was hot there (overheated building). I was cold here (care more for the environment?), but now, after a HUGE salmon and salad (plus a great SA SSB) I’ve warmed up. 🙄 The fire is still on though. 😏 P

I was tired after a long flight and coming from 30 C to 7C so it’s no surprise I got cold. I do find that if I’m fasting I need to keep warm, if I allow myself to get cold the only thing that works is food.

Jo, I’m not suggesting you didn’t injure your throat, just that it was the onset of a cold rather than an infection.

Ear infections are not contagious but can be caused by water stagnating in the external ear canal, so it is most likely that children are susceptible because they don’t ensure they get the water out after a swim rather than germs lurking in the water.

I’ve never caught a bug from a swimming pool or a sauna/steam room, so I’m either lucky or have an excellent immune system Considering the number of colds I’ve caught at work over the years it is most likely luck ☹

Time to go 😎

Kew was fab. The sun shone, the autumn colours were spectacular and the place was full of visitors 🙂

Amazon,
    I agree that the body craves food when it’s cold. I try to keep a fleece handy to avoid getting chilled. Saying that it was so sunny today I didn’t even need a cardigan, just wearing a short sleeved tee shirt. Lots of housework done so that burned off a few calories but I eaten far too much today, comfort eating, healthy foods but not eating when hungry. I will try harder tomorrow.
    My course was great fun today. We took nursery rhyme stories and added our own endings. You could definitely tell that Halloween was on people’s minds, very dark storylines. I tried to make my stories end with a humourous twist. Not as easy as it sounds.
    So I was just able to answer a question on Pointless about Forests, thought of Burma or Myanmar- thanks Amazon.

It was warm here today and we were confused as to why so many people were bundled up for a trip to the Arctic 😆 Apparently it must be cold because it is the end of October……

I hate Hallowe’en as we seem to have caught to US tradition of trick or treat except that children only want the treat. I ignore the doorbell :grumpyoldbag:

It is Diwali this weekend so I’ve a week or two of bang crash wallop to look forward to. Fortunately I like fireworks 🎆✨🎇

I’m watching tennis 🎾

Well I hate the whole Halloween trick or treat too, but we’re now half a mile from the nearest neighbour and with no outside lighting. Any child getting this far would be very brave (funnily enough my phone autocorrected to grave!) indeed.

And I also hate fireworks too 😀 Pet owners know how their pets respond, but most people don’t give a thought to livestock or wildlife. If I was in charge I’d ban fireworks except for properly organised events, giving pet owners and farmers at least the opportunity to secure their animals.

other than that I’m mostly happy 😊

Hi Happy,

I agree regarding fireworks only being part of organised events but I can’t see it happening any time soon.

Morning/evening all,

An overcast but mild morning here. I went to the newsagent without a coat!

I’ve a busy day ahead. two semi finals to play in Singapore, then a quick dash to Vienna for two more 😉 🎾🎾🎾🎾

DIY beckons as the rail in the cupboard came down yesterday bringing all my clothes down with it. I’ll be armed with a power drill and electric screwdriver later and if you hear any swearing, it isn’t going well 😆

I’ve got some beautuful wild mushrooms in the fridge so I’m going to make a mushroom ragout for dinner served with polenta and lots of green veg. I’ll need to open some red wine to make it so I might have to drink some 🍷

Well it’s been low cloud and mizzling for most of the day, but I got out for a run this afternoon so feeling good this evening.

Amazon, your meal sounds lovely. Sadly my OH hates polenta, likening it to sand… I’m happy to say it wasn’t my poor culinary skills that put him off…it was the Italians themselves…! Anyhow, we do agree on a hot Thai green curry so that’s our Saturday night.

Quiet here today, hopefully that’s everyone chugging along nicely!

Hi Happy, dinner was very tasty. I don’t eat polenta often but usually at this time of year as it is a good base for wild mushrooms or game.
    I checked the freezer today and it is full of all manner of good things that need to be eaten to make way for Ch****mas goodies, so I have an interesting few weeks in the kitchen ahead 🙂

Tonight the challenge is to stay up long enough not to be wide awake at 5am 😫

Greetings fast friends from an extremely windy stormy South Australia the weather at the moment is harder to pick than the Melbourne Cup winner on in Australia on Tuesday at the moment there are more tips than in a can of asparagus 😆
    We are celebrating with the family another year of marriage 33 years all the boys their partners and kids are on team. When i think about that it is about the journey and not the destination I am very proud of what we have created.
    Peace RT

Already page 2, and my first post! I had to jump in, though, and say to RT – (1) heartfelt congratulations to you, wyfee and your lovely family, and (2), keep your storms to yourself!! However, being downwind of the Aussie climate that second point is rather fruitless.

Hope you have all had a great weekend. I have worked my last Friday for the year. October has been an horrific month at work but I hope the pace eases off now. Just a plea for some spring weather – 13 degrees today, and overnight in single digits 🙁 So still have the central heating on. And more weather to come!

We have to leave the wardrobe door open for the cat over the next week with the fireworks. Why we ‘celebrate’ Guy Fawkes in NZ is beyond me!

In South Australian we haven’t celebrated Guy Fawkes for many, many years. I can still remember going to the shops as a child to buy some fireworks, turning over my money and choices several times to get the most out of my small amount of cash.

We’re also having another blast of winter, brrrrrrr, yesterday over 30 today under 20 (I think it was) but the wind chill made it seem even colder.

Raining but steamy here.
    We never celebrated Guy Fawkes, but Empire Day/Commonwealth Day on 24th May (Queen Vic’s birthday ) was always Cracker Night. A total free for all of fireworks. They went and spoilt all that by banning private fireworks back in the 80s. Not MANY people were maimed and injured!! I do remember terrified pets and blown up letterboxes.
    For dessert tonight are eating some sugar based gift our new Indian neighbours gave us as a Diwali gift. Tomorrow we’ll be pestered by kids demanding sugar for Halloween. …I might lock the gate. Bah humbug!
    I think the take away thought is that people all over the world love to party, have fun and eat celebration food.
    Hope you are all enjoying whichever celebration you choose. P 😊

Morning/evening all,

I was up with the larks this morning and now have a line full of washing as apparently the morning mist is going to give way to sunshine.
    We are now back on GMT so it’ll be dark early this evening but I don’t mind. We are experiencing a mild autumn in London with some very fine sunny days which is good as I have a few things to do in the garden before winter sets in and I want to get lots of walks in while the weather is fine.

I fixed the clothes rail yesterday and it should now outlast me 😉 I’ve no idea how it stayed up over 30 years with 1 inch screws straight into the wall and nothing to secure them 😮

I am looking forward to the Diwali firworks which will light up the skies here tonight. The best thing is that I can watch them from the sofa with a glass of wine 🍷
    I went to a Guy Fawkes party when I was a teenager and someone with a lighted sparkler in their hand got too close to the bag of fireworks which exploded. We were all very lucky not to have been burnt or worse. I prefer organised events these days because saftey is alwaya the first consideration. Having said that, I’ve been to many other parties and all has gone well.

Celebrations invariably involve food and this time of year can be very tricky. I went into a shop on Friday for something forgotten in the weekly shop and was confronted by a huge display of panettone which I love! I managed to ignore them but I know that I’ll buy one between now and Christmas. Thankfully it is possible to buy very small ones that only yield a couple of servings.

I did really well last Christmas and didn’t overindulge too much and I’m hoping for the same result this year.
    I already have a lunch with friends and a night out with ex-colleagues organised and I guess there’ll be a few more. I’m going to repeat my request to friends not to buy me anything edible so I don’t end up with lots of chocolates, truffles etc and just buy myself a small box of something really special 🙂

Have a good one everybody 😜🎇🎆

RT, enjoy your celebrations, with the fruits of your labours!

Amazon, I don’t really mind the long dark nights because that’s just winter. And different hobbies and pastimes kick in (I’ve barely played the piano since spring, and I’ll be scratching my head trying and counting stitches and rows to work out where I’ve got to with the long cardigan/coat I started knitting earlier this year!) But it does start to make outdoor exercise more difficult though as lunchtime is the only light opportunity during the working week…

On that note, I shouldn’t waste today! Plenty to do in the garden before winter. And there’s a layer of cow muck that really ought to be removed from my car….

RT, I missed your post when I was here earlier.
    Congratulations and I hope you’ve had a fab time with your family 🙂

Sorry RT. I also missed it. Congratulations to you and the “little wyfee”. Hope you had a good day. P

Congratulations RT. Hope you had a wonderful day. 🎉🎉💃💃😉😉

Congratulations from me too RT . I hope you had a brilliant day xxxxx

Thank you all so much we had a fantastic day even 4th son arrived unexpectedly from Adelaide for it a few happy tears 😥 Monday fast day to balance the indulgence of yesterday and re enforce the power of the fast.
    “Never let the things you want make you forget the things you have”
    RT

Me too RT. Good to have that Monday routine after an excellent “refeed” weekend 😉 P

Congratulations RT and family, lovely to read about your day of celebrations! You are setting a wonderful example for your children in lots of ways. What a lovely surprise when 4th son arrived!
    We had a great day in our children’s garden – poodle proofing some young plants Jack has taken a fancy to and planning a new deck that husband will help with. They are thrilled to see the garden we helped plant a year ago, bursting into colour for their first Spring there. For two days prior I was weeding in my own garden, so the bones are a bit stiff this morning! Second pot of coffee on the stove already…..
    Also a Monday fast required here. Weather gods cant decide on sunshine or rain today, I think a bit of both will arrive. Time to do a Bay and keep busy inside. Speaking of ….. I hope your birthday is lovely today Bayleaf! Not too much floor scrubbing today I hope!

Good Evening Fasters,
    Congrats RT, great achievement and good to celebrate with the family.

I have been making the most of the weather, walking and gardening. Very tired tonight but went to my games evening.

Looking forward to Monday fast as my cold is now cleared up. I have been feeding it so I am not expecting to have lost weight this week. Booked in for ballroom fitness tomorrow, should be fun.

I have very fond memories of Firework night, always celebrated at private parties, often at my home, all done with safety paramount. The food and drink is as important as the fireworks, guy and bonfire. Jacket potatoes, sausages and Toffee apples, hot toddies and chocolate drinks. Good times. My dogs don’t worry about fireworks and we don’t have any local people that own pets. It’s a very pet free zone. Everyone does too much travel now and they don’t want the worry or expense of kennelling their pets.
    I think there is too much emphasis on noisy fireworks now compared to the pretty ones like Katherine Wheels. I agree they do disturb everyone and debris is everywhere on the next day. We will be going to a neighbours party this year.

It wouldn’t worry me if private parties were banned, there are lots of organised events.

We are not disturbed by Trick or Treaters either, houses are too remote from the town and our road is quite dark. There are lots of organised parades and collections around the shops. Parents accompany their children which I think is preferable. We never dressed up as kids but we did make a guy and take it around in a pram. Rarely seen now, they were a bit of fun.

Our weather I’d set to get cold midweek but I think we have had a good run for our money this summer.

Oopps – Happy Birthday Bay

Sorry I missed your post too RT – heartfelt congratulations to you both.

Happy Birthday Bay 🙂

Second FD today … just having a cup of soup for lunch … may or may not have anything else today. Had a very light day yesterday too (toasted s/wich for lunch, first bread for the week, followed by small bowl of yoghurt for dinner last night).

Hello – My virtual Family.
    Been reading all but lazy to think and reply.
    – Halloween – don’t like at all! Tacky and one more gig to cash money in. Threre’s no street lifght by us and because we are at such a “good area” at some point 20 kids came by for treak or treat. Well we gave each one of them one dollar. We never have the outside lights on anyway. Okay! To far away… They are going now to more neighborhood type of like area
    – Fireworks – not good for Sasha! Forget it.
    -Fastijg – feel more like maitanance! Intermittent 🙂
    RT- you are the only “testosterone” pal here … We need it lol. Please report Yfee. You are an example for us. Good friends, Dad, hubby and motivator.
    – I miss my folks – no good airfare going that way lately! The airline’s cutted down
    flights and raised prices. Some flights would take me 2 days to get there. Well 10 days doing home. Lots to do there besides visiting my loved. Ones.
    – Girls get together – also last minute. I am having a potluck party girls get together on Thursday. So far I think 2o will be here, My part is rosted pork tenderloin and oven roasted root veggies, wine and dessert. The ones attending are very excited.
    Wishing you all a wonderful week!
    ❤️

Congratulations RT. Well done to you and wyfee. 🎉🎉🍷🍷☀️☀️💃💃

Many thanks to all for your kind birthday wishes. It is lovely to be remembered. I’ve been too busy to post.

We had a great time with family and friends on Saturday. Excellent food, fun speeches and quiz organised by DIL, grandkids helped decorate the house, cake made by DIL and grandkids. Photos and memorabilia from our lives were on display.

Beautiful memories were made. 🌺🌺🍷🍷💃💃🎉🎉🌺🌺

PS. No cleaning today. House scrubbed out on final fast day prior to big event. And then cleaned yesterday. The garden looks fantastic. With all this effort have easily maintained weight during all festivities. 😉😉

Morning/evening all,

A belated Happy Birthday Bay 🎉🎈 Your celebration surrounded by family sounds wonderful 🙂

Monday FD for me too. I have lots to do today but am waiting to be given a delivery time slot so can’t organise my day until I receive it. The forecast is for sunshine and 18C then it drops to a more seasonal11C for the rest of the week. As Jo said, we’ve been very fortunate with the weather.

Amazon,
    It’s like a summers day here, nordic walking in sleeveless top, very warm and sunny. Wish I was walking through Kew though, must get up there in November. My son wants me to visit so I will try to get organised. FD for me too so got an early start on garden at my flat, so many leaves and no green bin, tiny garden so no room for a compost heap, mostly pavement.
    Now off for a swim and dance before doing my garden at the house, make the most of this sunshine before it turns this week.
    Feeling good, best to everyone!

Heavenly swim and afternoon in the garden. Just picked the last homegrown tomatoes, all ripe.

Fluids only today but looking forward to meditteranean salad with prawns tomorrow.

November tomorrow, this year has flown by.

Jojo I am so jealous of the summer you have had this year and still having lol . I had a big chunky coatigan on today . To be honest though that is OK with me . It’s when it is snowing I worry . I hate to drive in the snow .
    I am on liquid only today too . I am maintaining as you so rightly said pal BUT when I have a too hungry day and eat too much the liquid only gets me back in the fasting mood .
    I love to try different things and this week has been great. I always thought I didn’t like water melon. Well!! I was wrong lol. I love it .It is so good for you too and very filling as of course there is a lot of water in it wink xx
    I have discovered Quark too . Our local Dairy farm does it “Graham’s ” they deliver far and wide to supermarkets . You all know I love my ice cream but haven’t had it was ages . I will never loose my sweet tooth . I don’t care about sweets and cakes they don’t tempt me but ice cream does
    I now have Quark with half a sachet of sugar free jelly crystals yummy .
    Well I am off now to save some quality time and watch a film with Jim .

have fun and be good 🙂

Wee xx

Hi everyone,

Jo, I realised that Monday isn’t the day for food free fasting as I usually have leftovers that need eating so did a 500 calorie FD today. I’ll be doing the same tomorrow (more leftovers) as I’m out for lunch on Wednesday and a liquid only FD on Thursday as I might be going to a birthday tea on Friday and the birthday boy who’ll be 7 will expect me to eat a slice of cake!

The day has flown by and I forgot I was fasting until dinner time 🙂

Wee, there are many foods that I didn’t think I liked until I tried them again recently. It is amazing how our tastes change.

Hi Amazon

How are doing on liquid only? I am doing that today and finding it very hard especially as OH is cooking sausages and the smell is wafting through. Sometimes it is so easy but not today. Monday not a great day for it I agree but needs must for me this week.

Amazon I never even thought about that ( our tastes changing .)Sounds daft though but now I realize that’s what it is .I was looking at grapes today as I like a few frozen ones now and again . Jim said what about them holding them up for me . I said Noo thanks pal and he put them back asking WHY? . I said I had got more picky now and they didn’t look too fresh . So! yes you are right pal . More selective too .

Wee xx

Sarah,
    You’ve answered your own question, sometimes it is easy and sometimes it isn’t.
    For me it is more about mindset than hunger. Your FD must be nearly done by now 🙂

Hi Wee and Amazon
    I know Mr P now tries, and discovers he likes, all sorts of foods since 5:2.
    I get sick of sweeping generalisations eg ‘I don’t like soup’ (put in any generic food label), when there is such a variety. I think we cling tenaciously to attitudes re food developed as kids. The food changes and our tastes change. ALways worth giving everything a try. 😊😊 P

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) 😉

01/11/2016 (TUE) FLEMINGTON
    MR 7 # 1 311x Big Orange
    MR 7 #10 1×27 Gallante
    MR 7 #11 2691 Grand Marshal
    MR 7 #12 7121 Jameka
    MR 7 #19 3782 Grey Lion
    MR 7 #20 1731 Oceanographer

Melbourne cup today the race that stops the nation
    Have a great day my Fellow Aussies
    RT

Hi all,

RT it looks like you have a busy day ahead studying the form – good luck! I hope your ‘investments’ are fruitful!
    Wee I have always loved watermelon and eat loads of it. Husband hates it and says it is just water, but there is nothing nicer on a warm day. The newer seedless varieties are great too. When I was a kid we lived in a big country town and had friends who lived on a rough bush block and grew watermelons, I always remember those times fondly. Apart from the day at their place when I broke my front tooth being a tom boy with my brothers!
    Jo your day sounds heavenly, a swim AND gardening. Mmmm…. home grown tomatoes are so sweet. I think once we sell Jamieson and I have only one garden to concentrate on there will be more veggies going in here..
    Re our tastes changing – I think if we have been big ‘sweet tooths’ and tamed that, the taste buds become more discerning too. There is not as much sugar overloading them. I love nearly all foods, but will never be able to eat hot chilli, it literally burns my mouth if it is strong. My lips almost swell! Garlic, ginger, any other spicey foods I love, but the chilli and I do not agree!
    Public holiday here for a horse race – say no more!!

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 7,277 total)

You must be logged in to reply.