Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

This topic contains 7,125 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  Barata 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 901 through 950 (of 7,277 total)

• Ah, thanks, P. As suspected. No response yet to my plea, but I am sure there will be – I know they’re out there πŸ™‚

The drizzle has started, so it’s cricket and tennis for now.

Hi All,
    Great road trip to Wellington but not wonderful reception from weather or a little hitler of a parking attendant. We just wanted to unload cases outside the hotel but he wouldn’t have it because the car was parked the wrong way around.

We are not too impressed with our 2 bed superior room either, stained carpets, no glass bottom pool anymore, split leather on chairs, really not impressed at 300 dollars per night.

Halloumi and roast veg salad tonight.

Now to investigate what sort of pool they have replaced the posh one with, I really need a swim after that long drive. The Gorge was amazing Barata

Jo, parking the wrong direction on a road is completely verboten in these parts! A bit of a pitfall for UK drivers, but thems the rules. Our streets aren’t generally as narrow as yours, so it is an unnecessary danger.
    You sound as if you are enjoying your trip. Shame you can’t have our beautiful weather as well.
    Off to some Sydney Festival events this weekend…
    P

I tried that one, P, but it doesn’t lead anywhere πŸ™

Welcome to our summer, Jo! At least we got nine days in Sydney, avoided an atrocious New Year’s Day.

Thanks Barata,

I am not concerned about the weather, I am used to rain and wind, par for the course in a British summer, at least it is warm. We definitely chose the wrong hote thoughl, it’s been a disaster since we arrived. The replacement pool is unusable. It is positioned across an underground car park and appears to be built in a stairwell and is very shabby. The pool showers are out of use too, plus no hair drier or robe. There are no instructions for the cooker and hotplate, both digital. Receptionist promised to us some, 4 hours ago. Carpets have stains and the furniture is shabby, certainly not returning here for our last week. At least it’s clean bedding and bathroom.

PVE-we were not parking, just unloading bags at hotel entrance, just a very brief stop.. Now we know the rules we will of course comply. The trip has been great until arriving at this hotel. I am sure we can get it sorted. Very dissapointing though. My daughter checked this place out 6 years ago, loved it, but it has really nose dived since then. Luxury upper floor pool shut due to Earthquake restrictions.

Hello,
    This has been the nicest season for me here this year. I think I am well with myself.
    Barata – Sasha is our baby excuse me 😜! If she only knew how much power she has.
    Keep trying on getting your kefir grains around your community. It is supposed to be shared among each other. This year I am full throdle on full fat plain greek yougurt.
    Happy – Thank you for the tip for HIIT. After 3 weeks with the program I am following right now I need to switch because I get bored.
    WellMe – the reason I am exercising diligently and non negotiable this year is because my body plumbing is very slow; I easily get bored; I to invest endorphins, dopamine and serotonin. Luckily I am in FL right now. In CT I belong to a gym.
    Let’s not talk about Trump!
    Women’s march here today is huuuuge πŸ‘
    Talk to you later πŸ’ͺ🏻

Hello All,
    It’s a trifle rainy and windy here in Welly but we are chilling at my daughter’s house doing some holiday administration. Backing up devices and trying to upload NZ map onto my SatNav. Enfuriatingly the computer program won’t recognise my satnav. Tomorrow we head off on the Ferry, I think it might be a rough 3-4 hour crossing.

Weigh in postponed again today as the battery in my scales has given up the ghost(Honestly it’s true), fate is definitely keeping me from knowing the truth today. I now need to get to a jewellery or watch shop to find a round flat battery.

Eating Mediterranean salad and smoked salmon today.

The Hotel have offered us an upgraded room (at cost of current room)for our next stay, we checked out the room today. 9 th floor penthouse, very nice. We will probably take it as vacancies in other inner city hotels are few and far between. Not committing just yet as my UK agent is on the case.

Cinema tonight LaLa Land, should be fun.

We are going to a Rescue Centre this afternoon, my daughter volunteers there once every three weeks on Saturday mornings. Be good to have a cuddle with the kittens.

A tad, Jo? B***y awful out there. OH is booked to cook the bbq, but I think it might be an inside job unless things ease in the next couple of hours.

‘Morning, Amazon. I know you’re up πŸ™‚

Barata,
    Yep, pretty interesting up on the hill at the rescue centre. Stopped to take a picture of the view and nearly got blown off my feet.

But good news was that the weather forced lots of people to visit the animal sanctuary as they couldn’t go to the beach, so they adopted all the kittens, rabbits and puppies. Just a few big dogs left.

I don’t think a BBQ is a good idea today unless it’s got a concrete base. You might need to tie your hubby to a harness too. Typhoon weather here now.

Lovely summer you are having?

Just lovely πŸ™ πŸ™

The Madman (aka OH) is cooking the barbeque, while the sensible one is watching Andy Murray. πŸ™‚ The rain continues.

Morning/evening all,

Another cold, frosty and sunny morning.

We had a lovely walk in Richmond Park yesterday despite the temperature as we were wrapped up warm. There were a huge number of people out and about, walking with or without pooches, cycling, skating, horse riding and the benches on the pavement in the road leading to the park were filled with people sitting in the sun enjoying the view and a beer from the pub across the road :enjoyed:

I’m trying to make the most of the weather because it is bound to warm up and start raining soon.

Have a good one everybody 😜

Hi all from Melbourne.
    Amazon I love cold sunny weather – great to rug up and get out in it. I am pleased you sound much better after that awful bug. What a shame poor Andy got knocked out, lots of surprises this tournament!

I overdid the lifting of some heavy stuff in the garden last week and have paid for it with sore shoulders/neck, waking with headaches, not fun. Then resorting to some anti-inflammatory drugs which definitely make one retain fluid – I suspected this but after 2 days of them I cant get my rings on, so now I believe it! Will I ever learn!! Best bit of being busy in garden though is I find it really easy to fast on these days. And the longer I go, the less hunger there is! RT is so right, much easier not to start eating, than to stop – even after a mouthful!!

Hoping Jo and Barata and their respective families have not blown away whilst having a BBQ!!

Hello All Efficient Fat Burners and welcome to a new week some interesting research on my part over the weekend a Lecture by Dr Tim Noakes there are periods in watching and learning you hear something that really sparks the mind set enough to rewind and re-watch the statement the β€œbody has no requirement for not one single gram of carbohydrate” that is really a big bold statement so I think a personal challenge for me in February of zero carb eating. Nama I have done many extended fasts and every time I am blown away by the fact that hunger does not become an issue and in fact the longer you go the easier it becomes, strange but true.
    I think the Australian Men’s Open should be a classic with the 2 warriors Nadal and Federer go Rodger πŸ˜‰
    Let’s get our fast on
    β€œIt’s is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    Peace RT

Hello Tribe,
    We had, and still have right now a extremely windy stormy weather. Matter of fact I didn’t do my walking as “keep moving motto” for myself. But the sun was there and rain is predicted in the middle of the night.
    We went to church and all of us pretty much just relaxed for the rest of the whole day.
    I believe I broke even with the scale this week! I lost and gain what I had lost. There’s a log this time around for what I keep doing for eating and exercising.
    At the restaurant tonigh, I ordered a salad, corn on the cob, black beans and a 6oz steak which I cut that on half and saved the other half for another day.
    For sure I am watching my source of carbohydrates.
    Oh boy! New Zealand BBQ – must be delicious. Give me some 😜
    Wishing you a very good and focus Fast week. It’s my 3FD17 tomorrow.
    😻

Hi RT

Will be thinking of you as I go through a month sugar free. I began on my fast day yesterday, and it doesn’t become a battle until withdrawal symptoms begin tomorrow. It takes me until the fourth day before I lose the addictive response and wake up feeling fine. Lots of water and some protein today, with salad. Someone maybe Amazon postulated that it was a carb withdrawal response as it goes for four days. Who knows, but it isn’t pleasant. Good luck to you. We know you gave the will power. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Cheers, Bay 🌺🌺🌺

Well, the rain has eased, and we had a lovely walk around the Inlet after watching Lion. Rather predictable, but enjoyable. 65mm emptied out of the rain gauge.

Another barbeque tonight, steak this time (salmon and snags (sausages) last night.) I figure a bit of steak and salad won’t hurt on a FD, a change from our usual Monday soup. I would love to keep you some, HCB πŸ™‚

When you say zero carb, RT, do you mean to eliminate all vegetables and fruit too, or do you just mean processed carbs and white food? You forgot Stan in the final – and what about one or two of the giant-slayers? The Open is open…

Interesting you get sugar withdrawals even now, Bay, when I’m sure your diet must be pretty low-sugar normally. Best of luck to you both.

I hope your ferry trip was later in the day, Jo, and you could enjoy the clearing weather for a fabulous scenic trip up the Sounds. See you in a couple of weeks πŸ™‚

Hi Barata

Sugar withdrawals are forever for some of us. It is like a junky, even a little bit turns on my addictive response. So, just having a mince pie here and a chocolate almond there has meant I am back to wanting sweet stuff every day.

RT, my iced coffee is now always a single shot of espresso on the rocks, with a glass of chilled water, and a little bit of cold milk on the side. It is very refreshing when temps are up to 35 C as today. No sweetener, or cream or ice cream.

Cheers, Bay 🌺🌺🌺

Bay πŸ™‚ I guess I am one of the lucky ones – we don’t keep hunger dragons here.

3pm Monday here..and definitely have hunger dragons πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘
    All the best Nay and RT with your carb plans. P

Would you believe I’m watching a replay of Tony Robinson’s Walk around Wellington on tv? NZ is very popular! ! 😊😊

Well done Purple, some fast days never get any easier. Some days are diamonds … I’m having the day after a fast day and so far have only eaten some homemade rissoles, no flour in them. And some almonds and lots of water. Will have a salad for dinner. Hope you’re getting through the day ok. Cheers, Bay πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‰

No Bay …gave up. I’m sitting at very light and life got in the way!
    Mr P is holding strong though! P

Good evening All, I am now in Nelson and fabulous weather here. I have just returned to my hotel (which has polished concrete walls in the rooms-yuk) but I am satiated after having grilled hallumi starter and red snapper with salad main course(small servings, no pudding, no wine) A really good restaurant overlooking the bay called the Boat Shed. Seriously good food, service and view. It was a good long walk there too so that was a bonus. Taxi back here though as totally shattered after an early start and long days travel. I plan on walking up ‘the hill’ in the morning so I am standing in the geographical centre of NZ, spectacular views I am told. This city is also where the ‘one ring’ was made(only fans of Lord of the Rings will understand the significance).
    Barrata-the ferry was fine, early trip at 9 am, full to bursting with tourists. Collected car and drove through the most beautiful scenery to get to Nelson. It’s called a city but it is more like a town. It has a cathedral so qualifies as a city. It was great listening to the church bell chiming on the hour, I could be at home. Temperature at 8 pm still in the high 20’s tonight so I am sitting by an open balcony door enjoying the sun. My daughter tells me I took the bad weather with me when I left this morning and Wellington now has sunshine(should I return in February ? )

I bought a new battery for my travel scales so no excuses tomorrow. I feel a gain is on the cards as I haven’t done a zero calorie fast this last week and I have had lattes and ice cream. Other food choices have been good though. My daughter has lost 1.5 pounds this week so she is thrilled. When I am around she really curbs her sugar addiction, no chocolate at all this week.
    RT- I think I will join you on the no carbs in February. My health is definitely better without them. I can easily live on eggs, fish and salad in summer weather. I have already stopped eating bread and I can try a month without potato. What about other veg though? I am not keen on rice or pasta so no issue there.
    In the past we have always been told that we need carbs for energy, guess that’s another misleading statement? I certainly have loads of energy without carbs.

I have decided to do a zero cal fast tomorrow as I am travelling to Christchurch by car, a good 5 hours journey.

Bay- I am the same with bread but I have finally decided enough is enough, I am not eating it again.

PVE- certainly feels like everyone is in NZ, so busy! Lots of Danish in particular. The Hunger Dragon is in full throttle on this trip. The smells of cooking from local restaurants is devine. I can smell onions, mushrooms, steak and something fragrantly Asian right now. Think I may need to shut this door.

Good Luck faster she, be good!

And why aren’t you checking the scales tonight Jo? You’ll then appear SO much lighter in the morning πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰P

Morning/evening all

It is a cold, frosty morning with thick fog.

I caught up on my sleep last night after several very early starts for tennis.
    The Open has been open from the first day but now the favourite has lost it is getting very interesting. I think there might be a repeat of the 2014 final of Stan v Rafa only without the bad back but there have been so many surprises.
    As for the women, the most important match comes tomorrow, Serena v Konta.

Nama it’s not just the anti inflammatories but the injured muscles that hold water and the same goes for sore muscles that have been exercised.

I’ve had a good week where I followed traditional 5:2 and spent time ensuring that I ate healthily withing my TDEE on non FDs plus got my home exercise regime going, and I’ve had a couple of good walks in the fresh air which have stretched the legs and lifted the spirits.
    My Christmas, New Year and virus comfort eating gain has diminished by 50% which is very pleasing.
    I’ve recorded every morsel and weighed almost every day, I forgot a couple of time when I was up early for tennis, but I’m going to continue for the time being.
    I’m back at the gym this week too, so a busy time ahead.
    I plan to do 3 FDs this week but might do another on Saturday depending on what I eat on my birthday dinner on Friday night πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸΈ We are trying a gastropub that has been open for a couple of years and has an excellent reputation.

Jo, you seem to be having a great time and keeping things under control with your eating, well done πŸ™‚

Good luck to Bay and RT, and hi to everyone else.

Well done Purple, I would love there to come a day when I don’t need to do a FD!

Barata I am not looking outside of Nadal Federer Raonic or Wawinka IMO actually zero carb is the goal for me that is my mission and I chose to accept it πŸ˜† I don’t eat fruit regularly now so no loss there but love the veg and salad but for a trial and a study of one why not lets live life and just see what happens 😯
    Bay it really does accentuate and enhance the coffee taste flavour and mouth sensation doesn’t it ? just refreshingly beautiful I have moved a long way from international roast 3 heaped sugars plenty of milk and a handful of peppermint slices and double coated chocolate tim tams when in my teens πŸ™„
    RT

RT! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

I used to love Tim Tams and always bought some home with me when I visited Down Under. Even the thought of them now makes me feel nauseous.
    Too sweet, which is a good thing as I’m no longer tempted by biscuits and cookies.

RT, I really admire your self control. I don’t think I could cope with carb free.

Good Morning,
    The day here still windy still! Last night was a night mare for Sasha. Rain, wind and thunder are not dog’s best friend. I used the same tranquilizer for her when we flew down.
    The same 2lbs I lost last week I gained again. Maybe is food in transit, retained water from restaurant food or my body is being just rebellious.
    A couple we know in Switzerland rented a camper and traveled through NZ for months. That country is gorgeous. They did it total 3 times.
    Fasting Strong we Stand!
    Wee where are you?
    πŸ’‹

Very early morning, awake reading, body clock still not right.
    PVE- I weighed just before bed 3 lbs up but after dinner, hoping for the best tomorrow.

Great news, I will be recording at Abby Road with my Rock Choir, how exciting to be following in the footsteps of the Beetles. Also another excuse to visit my son in London for the weekend.

Now to focus on fasting, more salad, salad, salad and lots of water.

Hello everyone .

Sorry I have been AWOL . There has been a lot going on . Jim was back at the surgeon for his 6 month check up and passed with flying colours . Our eldest and his wife has coaxed us into going a wee cruise with them . We haven’t had a holiday in more than 30 years accept for the odd 2 days at the lake district .

Our eldest granddaughter now has a date for her wedding in August . So excited .
    I have never liked water much but Jim has always wanted to go on a cruise . His dream really and I think he deserves it after all he has been through .
    I am still managing to maintain with the odd couple pounds on then back off now and again . I need to be really good now though and get below my fighting weight because I will be enjoying my cruise food but not go too mad . Then when home back to AFD for the wedding .
    I haven’t worn a dress for about 30 years and they are trying to get me to wear a dress to the wedding . Sooo a few days ago I bought 2 inexpensive dresses that I could return no problem if not suitable . I put on kind of thick tights ( a wee drop make up too) I only usually use lipstick. Put on one of the dresses with my good jewellery and went through to Jims den to see what he thought . Now OK love IS blind BUT if he doesn’t like something he won’t say its horrible he will say ” not really your style hen ” BUT he thought I looked gorgeous . ReSULT lol .
    I don’t eat pasta nowadays and very very rarely bread or potatoes but I eat anything I fancy just in moderation . I use myfitness pal all the time though . I haven’t been posting as much but I do read the posts every day . First thing I do every day .
    Wee xx

PS I didn’t mean I will wear one of those dresses for the wedding . I just wanted to see if I would suit a dress .

Wee xx

Whoop Whoop!!!
    Down 17.6# as of this morning, hit my goal of 155 yet placed another goal of 150 to give myself some “room”.

Fasted yesterday, skiing and eating today.
    Feel GREAT, going to keep going and see where this leads.

Thanks ALL!

WellMe πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘! Good news we all like to hear here ❀
    Good to hear from you Wee and even better to know Mr Wee is in great health.
    Would you consider for the wedding wearing a two pice suit! A blazer with a skirt or pants. I think is very elegant but dresses as good too. It’s just finding what brings up the best of you.
    I absolute love cruising and you’ll love as well
    I am very determined today with my Fast. Just a little headache but that will be solved with a little salty broth πŸ‘

Evening all,

Hi Wee, glad to hear all is well. That’s a very canny idea to buy an inexepensive dress to see if it suits you before buying something nice for the wedding. I’m also pleased to hear that maintenance continues to go well πŸ™‚

Good job WellMe!

HCB, I’ve just eaten my FD dinner and am pleased to have gotten through without too much trouble. I got a slight headache around midday so had a mug of Bovril (it’s like instant beef broth)and that solved the problem within minutes.

I had another portion of Anna Jones chilli and it gets better every time I taste it. I served it on some watercress and a spoonful of yoghurt on top. Very satisfying and filling.

Hi Wee
    Great news re Jim’s checkup and the upcoming cruise!! I’m sure you looked very elegant in the dress. Your lovely petite figure is made for a frock for the wedding.
    My friend, who is a similar height and age to you, always looked gorgeous in dresses, then, as she gained weight, took up only ever wearing long sleeved shirts and slacks. I keep trying to convince her to “frock up” again, to no avail. She hasn’t done the hard yards like you, so still wants to cover her body.
    Flaunt your’s Wee. Your daughter will be delighted!

Jo, you would expect to weigh 3lb heavier before bed. It is important to do that to understand the regular fluctuations of your own body.
    I haven’t even done a long haul flight this season and my body clock is out of whack. At least as retired folk (sorry Happy, RT etc) we can go with the flow 😊😊P

Wee,
    How exciting, a dream come tru for Mr Wee. I am sure you will love the nightly shows too. Music and dancing, what’s not to like about that? Of course you may need to get used to staying up a bit later but you can have a lay in in the mornings. There is food 24/7 but there are always salads and fish. A wedding too, go girl! I also stopped wearing dresses for a long time, not comfortable for upper thighs. Now I have a wardrobe full of dress, non of which are very expensive, in fact many are second hand from Ebay. Shopping for bargains on there can be addictive though. Looking forward to seeing your holiday snaps. Good to hear other half is fit and well too.

Amazon,
    It’s not going well foodwise, 9 days and up 2 lbs. I am taking myself in hand, no more latte or ice cream and cutting down on the cheese. My husband and daughter have both lost weight during this time although of course they have eaten far more than me. Both of them find it incredible that I have gained. I find it depressing. Of course I have had far less exercise than usual, lots of travelling but no excuses, weighing daily now.
    That chilli sounds good, I am desperate for some spicy food.
    Wellme- well done on getting to goal and good plan to set some wriggle room, good luck.
    Fasting today- sun is shining.
    HCB- hope the weather is good there now and little Sasha has settled. I really miss my dogs.

Jo, a 450gm (1 lb) loss overnight sounds very small. That’s 2 glasses of water only. Are your scales accurate? Are you drinking and not weeing before you weigh? Did you eat during the night? P

Jo,
    I don’t believe you can have gained 2lbs of fat in such a short space of time or have you been over eating by at least 800 calories every day?

Food in transit and being better dehydrated than when you arrived are the most likely cuprits.

Better hydrated, perhaps?
    Totally agree Amazon. Food in transit, especially carbs which take a long time to transit, change body weigh significantly. Regular morning and night weighing, just as part of life like cleaning teeth, keeps you aware of these changes.
    Jo, eat 2 meals a day. Keep them small and low carb, but really tasty, and enjoy your trip. You should not gain weight following that regime. Cheers P

PS Wee is a famous night owl. She will be making the most of boat nightlife πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Hi Fellow fast trackers.

Tomorrow is my third anniversary of 5:2 intermittent fasting. Thank you Dr M for publicising this way of life. πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ

Jo, I read your post and thought that I would put on a lot of weight if I drank lattes each day and had ice cream. Three years ago, I remember telling myself that I couldn’t drink black coffee, and Lo and behold by the end of the fourth fast day, I had given up lattes forever and found them too rich. I reduced the amount of milk each day until I reached the point where I can happily drink my coffee black or with two dessert spoons full of milk. I didn’t want to use up my precious calories on the glass of milk. And I found that the coffee flavour is more enhanced with less milk. Win win!

Amazon, Purple, Agree with necessity of being hydrated and having enough salt. I calculate I have now done 60 hours without sugar or wheat, and need another 24 hours to be able to say I’ve got them out of my system. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

RT, I don’t think going without vegetables is advisable if you want to keep cancer free. The research seems to indicate that green and red vegetables are essential to the body’s ability to deal with its wayward cells. Enjoy the experiment. Cheers, Bay πŸŒΊπŸŒΊβ˜€οΈπŸŒΊ

Congratulations on your 3 year anniversary Bay! πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸ”ŠπŸ””πŸŽ†πŸŽˆ Stickabitiy…that’s what you have in spades.
    I’m always very impressed with your determination to kick the sugar addiction. Go girl! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰P

Evening All,

Following your comment Jo, about your OH and daughter of course eating far more than you, I’ve done some sums (ever the scientist 😁).

Putting me (9st4ish) and OH (13st) through the TDEE calculator, it turns out his TDEE is about 500 calories more than mine. Even a man my age, my height and weight would have a TDEE 200 calories higher.

So yes, sad fact of life that as middle aged women we can’t eat as much as men (or younger women!). Best not to look at what they’re eating and feel hard done to!

Bay, good work on the sugar. Keep it up!

RT, you haven’t said much about what you do intend to eat going carb-free, but it certainly needs some careful planning to make sure it’s healthy. Will you be taking supplements?

Bay – I admire people’s determination. Congratulations to you.
    Still very much windy here!
    I took a long walk after tedious paper work sorting in order to pay bills.
    Came home and ate a salad with a piece of salmo. Keep it simple.
    Tomorrow a girlfriend is picking me up fit lunch and afterwords heading to watch the movie La-La-Land. It’s going to the fun.
    3FD17 done! Looking forward to have my clothes more comfortable. Everything is really tight.
    Xoxo

Thanks Purple, Happy, HCB.

Happy, thanks for the reminder that we all need different amounts of calories to power our engines. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Another very hot one here today. 35C. β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜Ž

Wee, sending you some sunshine. Well done. Bay. β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ

Hello All,
    Firstly I always eat low or no carb meals, strictly fish and veg or eggs and veg. I have only been having one meal per day. Agree that my system is sluggish due to not walking as much as usual, no gym classes either, guess that was the cause of only 1 lb over night loss( hope so). Definitely not eating at night, that habit went a long while back. I do have a cuppa if I can’t sleep though. But I did a walk this morning around a beautiful botanic garden before setting off for Christchurch which is another very scenic drive. Also visited the jeweller that made the ‘one ring’, hilarious, photo taken with the giant version used in the film for distance shots of it falling, on Facebook.
    Happy, PVE and Amazon – I hear you and hope you are right. Fast went well today but due to driving such a distance(5 hours) I am catching up on liquids now. I hope to be walking around the city all day tomorrow.
    Bay- I don’t really like coffee much, order half strength, I was having it instead of tea because many of the teas I have ordered have been undrinkable. I bought my own for in the room, a brand recommended by Barrata.
    Don’t worry about me, I won’t be going on a bender because of the gain, I will be weighing twice per day though until back on track. Already bough a meditteranean salad for tomorrow. Refused latte on our drinks stop today. I did buy some cherries though, they looked fabulous.

Heaven forbid I would recommend anything, Jo. Just mentioned the brand we use πŸ™‚ Each to their own (but I hope you are enjoying it!) Cherry season is in full swing, such lovely fruit !!!

May I seriously recommend (here we go!) that you don’t give up on vegetables, RT. The fibre slows down the carbohydrate absorption, and the nutrients and fibre are essential.

Morning/evening all,

I went to bed early last night and was wide awake at 5.30 so I’m up catching uo on the tennis and getting ready to go to the gym.
    Another frosty morning so it’ll be cold out there!

Jo, are you not able to get a cup of herbal tea/green tea anywhere instead of having coffee? Or ask for a cup of boiling water and use your own tea bag.
    I love strong coffee and prefer it with a small amount of milk. I enjoy espresso and drink it black occasionally. The tea and coffee in Myanmar was not to my taste but I had taken a small tub of instant espresso powder so would have a cup of that in the morning and drink water (or beer πŸ˜‰ ) during the day.

I’m fasting again today.

Bay, I admire your willpower ☺

Viewing 50 posts - 901 through 950 (of 7,277 total)

You must be logged in to reply.