Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

This topic contains 7,125 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  Barata 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 851 through 900 (of 7,277 total)

• I make it with water and salt too Amazon, if I am organised I soak it overnight. Then, as you say, cold milk and maybe a tiny dob of butter. I used to have sugar too, but now the fruit (berries) is much nicer! We usually have it in winter for weekend breakfast and I agree, a real comfort food!
    Off to bed, its late here! And the yoghurt sounds lovely too…

Good Morning,
    Purple, Nama and Bay – I am glad your heat wave passed for now and your weather is better. Here in FL people are addicted to a/c rooms. I really don’t like and I don’t think is healthy.
    Amazon is nice to hear you are slowly getting together to your “self”. Sorry I can’t eat oats the way you do. Mine is cooked with milk and nowadays a banana as a source of sugar a a tiny bit of butter.
    I lost 2 pounds from yesterday’s Fast! There’s no celebration because I gained all those pounds back because I was not paying attention with the food, portion and excessive empty calories from wine.
    My body is really sore! What a shame. You stop for couple of months and your body falls apart. Should never let the guards down.
    RT – hope all is well there with your legal challenges.
    Talk to you later πŸ’‹

Hi HCB,

You should celebrate the fact that you got through a FD.
    I’m with you on a sore body if you stop working out for any length of time. You know that if you continue it’ll soon feel better πŸ™‚

Nama and PVE,
    I am working on developing a healthy attitude to eating and it is coming in stages. I am sitting here in the middle of the night drinking sparkling water. My digestion has not been right since I left the UK. Simply not eaten enough veg and fruit. I am drinking enough though which is great. So far only one G&T and no wine this trip, mainly because spirits were not available on the plane and I don’t often drink wine. I take water everywhere, no excuses. It does make long car journeys a pain though, nearly went bush yesterday but finally found a cafe attached to a cheese factory. Big mistake on my purse but heavenly supper. They also sold incredible crackers both rice and oat. Try Kaimai ‘blushed rouge’ cheese if you can, sublime.
    Amazon- big mistake just stopping for one night in Rotorua, so much to do but do little time. I decided to take a ‘duck’ amphibious tour tomorrow as it’s supposed to rain. Full tour of the town and lakes with guided historical talk. Looking forward to a few hours on my own while the family do energetic dare devil stuff.
    I think daily weighing is essential for me, it’s my consciousness factor. Writing down has not gone well for me this last few months yet I know it works, too lazy or too busy and often poor memory especially currently with jet lag. Suffering more this trip, hence wide awake now at 4 am. Just editing my photos.
    I am definitely an all or nothing person and very jealous of you ‘in control’ types.

Evening/morning all,

I took Happy’s advice and went for a walk this afternoon. It was cold but with blue sky and bright sunshine and Kew Gardens looked beautiful. There were huge areas of grass that had not been touched by the sun and were still covered in frost and the lake was frozen again which meant the waterfowl were all indulging in some skating πŸ˜†

A dose of fresh air was just what was needed 😎

As I walked through the shop and cafΓ© area in Kew I thought I would stop and have a coffee. I took one look at the cakes piled high on the display and headed for the door. It was a daft idea in the first place as I’m invariably disappointed with their coffee πŸ˜…

I didn’t manage 23:1 or stick to 500 calories but came in well under TDEE and I’m content with that. I’m going to try to avoid setting myself up to fail and not put pressure on myself to do too much at once. Having said that, I intend to fast tomorrow πŸ™‚

Amazon,

Lucky you! It might have been 8 degrees here today, but overcast and damp. And the same tomorrow! Grrr. I took my exercise indoors again, a different 20 minute beginners HIIT routine. The time goes quickly and I can certainly feel my muscles are working.

Jo,

I’m not sure who the ‘in control’ types are! I think P is the most disciplined, but then she has to be for Mr P’s diabetes. As for the rest of us, I suspect it’s a constant battle with the inner demons and a long slow retraining of eating habits and food preferences. I can honestly say now though that 99 times out of a 100 it will be the healthy choice that genuinely appeals more. Stop thinking you are being deprived, and start thinking positively about the healthy options, and your brain (and gut bacteria!) eventually gets on board!

I thought it was daft to work out indoors when I could be out walking in the fresh air.

Gym tomorrow morning and I’m contemplating another walk as the forecast for tomorrow is more sunshine and I feel I should make the most of it.

I’m now going to do the muscle toning parts of my workout. The upper arm section is a real killer but it needs to be done to keep those bingo wings in check πŸ˜‰

Oh, for goodness sake! Get real! I have no more strength than the rest of you! You should hear me when I’m desperate on a fast evening and something comes between me and my dinner!!!
    Mr P is also reconstructed, but, as Happy says, we don’t think deprived, we are aware of the benefits. Your gut will thank you. P

P, no, you’re perfect… Surely?! 😁

As the pedestal slips and I break my leg…
    Actually having houseguests who eat everything is an excellent weight control program 😊😊

My brothers and nephews are very good at that! I used to want my fair share and resent them eating all the goodies. Now I’m pleased to think the temptation will be gone. They don’t even leave crumbs or bowl scrapings 😁

Hi Purple

O, no. You’re human like the rest of us. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

I learnt to make or ask for ice coffee the American way. A shot of espresso poured over lots of ice cubes. Then add either chilled water or milk. Very refreshing. No sugar, no cream and no Ice cream. I make espresso with decaf coffee these days.

Nama, I also make porridge with rolled oats in water. No salt. It’s lovely with berries. πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“

Cheers on a lovely cool post fast day. Bay 🌺🌺🌺

We do the same but no milk. Vanilla instead….and a dash of Kahlua occasionally! !😁😁

Hi,
    I am working on creating a exercise routine everyday. The experts say it takes a while but eventually grows on you. I am betting more on that happy hormone and good sleep. My legs was the target today.
    The weather was beautiful here. My stepdaughter took us for a short boat ride since her boat is at our dock we just couldn’t say no. Poor Sasha was terrorized again lol. She really doesn’t like that at all.
    After we went our for lunch and a big salad with chicken was my pick.
    I was so tired after I just took a nap … gut free 😌
    Bay most Americans don’t know what an espresso is. Unless there’s a Starbucks in the area in which I care less about it they drink extremely large coffee, too hot sometimes too dark and bitter. 😀
    My good coffee machine died off on me. I am thinking of getting a Nespresso one but just the thought of creating more garbage with those capsules bothers me.
    Happy what HIIT program are you following? Is it from YouTube? I want to rotate my excersise every other week.
    Looking forward to my 2FD17 tomorrow πŸ˜‡
    Have a good one Fasters πŸ’‹

Wow Bay and Purple you have inspired me to try the Long Black iced coffee concept that sounds like very cosmopolitan sexy beverage it’s a Thursday fast day really looking forwards to the experience when I get home
    Peace RT

Hi RT
    I picked it up off a cafe menu one fast day when we were drinking a long black. In the hot weather, it is perfect. Use lots of ice and a long tall glass 😊
    No fasting for us with visitors, but usually following 18/6 and cruisin’ at my lowest weight 😊😊
    Hold on mate, only a few more hours. πŸ˜‰P

Hi HCB,

I’ve just started some low impact/ beginners workouts from Joe Wicks (also referred to as the Body Coach). He’s got some good reviews online, so I thought I’d see what the fuss was about!

They are available on YouTube. I’ve tried a couple, and they’re short (max 20 minutes) and don’t require any equipment, and they certainly get your heart rate up and engage a lot of muscles!

It’s not a problem getting enough exercise over summer, but December through February are always bad for me (I don’t live close enough to a gym), so I’m hoping I can get into some good habits to tide me over winter!

Morning/evening all,

Another cold and frosty one here.

I like iced coffee and it is easy to get it here without sugar but there are a lot of calories from the milk. I’m thinking of trying Purple’s version with vanilla and I might try using almond milk.
    Obviously not right now as it is cold and frosty but when the summer heatwave πŸ˜‰ arrives it will be a perfect drink 😎

I have woken up with a severe attack of tennis addiction so the gym is on hold and I’ll do my home workout later.

FD today and I’m going to make a huge plate of steamed and roasted veggies and chuck some tofu in the oven for the last few minutes and see how it turns out!

Have a good one everybody 😜

Now that was a taste sensation Purple that’s β€œgenius” I will add that to my repertoire thanks heaps… really noice yfee not such a fan as she still needs milk but I am luxuriating in the new thang πŸ˜‰

Happy,
    Nama can control the amount of bread per week and I think others have said they can too. Not me, if it’s in the house I will eat it. It give me bloat yet I still want it. Seriously! So I have decided to cut it out completely for now maybe for good. But I still have potato weekly, for some reason I can control that. There is just no rhyme or reason.

Had a lovely swim this morning then did a tour of the city and lakes on an amphibious vehicle made in WW11, called a duck(American design) very amusing driver/guide.

Later we set off for Napier. Heavenly drive, very green, very hilly, very beautiful. We passed through rain for the first hour and then enjoyed lovely sunshine. Arrived at 6.30 pm yet still very hot in Napier.

Battling through extreme tiredness to try to get on the right time scale. Staying up until 12 o/c hopefully. Not easy as I was awake from 2-6 last night. Fasting going quite well though, much easier in warm weather. Also I bought salad and fruit today. Fresh Gurnard for dinner, yum!

What are the best makes of tea here? Not keen on Bells or Porters. Barrata- do you ever drink tea?

Ah, I understand now Jo! Yes, there’s certain things I need not to be in the house so I don’t eat them too!

I hope you get over the jet lag soon. I always thought the reason people say you have to go to NZ for at least a month was because there was so much to see, but it seems to be also because you’ll be a zombie for the first week!

Hi Jo,

potato isn’t a processed carb as is bread so it makes sense that the world isn’t full of spud addicts!
    My bread addiction is a work in progress and I won’t hesitate to bin it at the first sign of trouble.

You are doing well, you’ve come a long way and like me you’ve had some ups and downs. I also think we both want too much too quick, expect too much of ourselves and are too hard on ourselves when we put a foot off the path of the straight and narrow. Having said that, we are both much lighter than when we started and learning from our mistakes.

Gurnard is a much underrated fish that until recently was used as bait for bigger fish who knew long before we did that it is delicious πŸ™‚

Last time I went to Australia it took me a week to get over the jet lag.I hope you recover from yours soon.

Good luck with the tea, I’ve never found any that I really like when I’ve been overseas apart from Sri Lanka.

Good morning from Washington State. ADF & have lost 15# so far, seem to be stuck. I do HIIT High Intensity Interval Training 3 days a week, looking to start walking on off days. Started at 173, now at 158, goal is 150 for some float room.

I feel great and have encouraged my friends to try 5:2 with great success. Just feeling a little stuck at 158 last two weeks. As I said haven’t started the walking yet so perhaps this would help? So happy to be in old bikinis and clothes yet hovering at size 8-10 would love to be a solid size 8. I’m rambling, sorry.

Question: Will I need to do the walking to push past this plateau, understand that plateau is a good thing as long as not gaining. πŸ˜‰

Hi WellMe and welcome,

Losing weight is 95% calorie restriction and 5% exercise so don’t rely on adding walking to help your weight loss. Exercise is excellent for fitness, toning and mental wellbeing so we should all do some but it;s the calories that count.
    Weight loss on 5:2 isn’t regular and sometimes we don’t lose anything for a week or two and then a couple of pounds drop off.
    Are you measuring? If not take some measurements now as you might find that the scales haven’t moved but you’ve lost inches.
    The other thing to do is take a close look at what you are eating on non fast days snd ensuring you eat well within your TDEE. If you’ve not re-calculated since you started you should do so as the less you weigh the lower your TDEE.
    The other thing you can do is take a look at which foods you are eating. Many of us have concluded that processed carbs and sugar do not aid weight loss and have either cut them right down or out of our diets.

I hope this helps πŸ™‚

Hello WellMe, welcome to our forum, its full of very experienced fasters,so advice here is all tried and tested by many. I agree entirely with Amazon. I personally do lots of exercise but it doesn’t make any difference to my weight loss as I have always done a lot. Dog Walking daily and gym/ swim most days which keeps me sane( ish) and flexible. Walking in the fresh air is very underated but really improves mood and general fitness, give it some pace though. I use Nordic Poles, good workout. Luckily as a retired person I have lots of time to indulge myself without worrying about work. Good Luck with the last 8 pounds I am very jealous of you being so close to goal. Keep up the good work.

Morning fast trackers and slow trackers(me).
    I got up very early this morning to see the first sunrise in the world(so my daughter told me). Yesterday’s weather report was favourable, sadly today was all cloud, waste of time, Sun totally obscured. So I am going back to bed for a bit more shut eye.

Amazon, I loved the fish but fiddly removing batter. I had assumed it would come in one peice but it was 5 large gougons. No dogs to give my batter too here. I had a few chips and gave the rest to my husband and daugher. Her meal ( vegetarian) was a tiny portion even by tea plate standards.

Happy- Last time I came over I didn’t suffer jet lag at all, weird. I have followed most of the suggestions to avoid it and function at about 80% most of the time, evenings have been grim, I can fall asleep standing up. Also I keep losing things, really frustrating. I usually have an excellent memory. I am doing minimal driving especially through cities until I feel 100%. I am getting enough sleep just not sure about the quality.

Amazon-I know lots of people who are ‘chip’ addicts but they have never really been high on my list of ‘must have’ treats. Can’t resist a roastie, mash with onion gravy or mustard/mash if on offer though. I have brought chicken back into my plan now and this is making restaurant choices easier. You can have ‘too much’ fish actually. Variety is good. Yes we are impatient but at least we are persevering. I suspect I will still be here in ten years unless I get locked in to a health farm or have surgery ( just joking).

Today I am exploring the Art Deco building that make Napier so famous. I am sure others would say the area is more famous for good wine.

Loved the pub we visited last night ‘The Emporium’, crazy busy, good vibe, every nationality under the sun. Only ruined by two American men at the table behind me, they were ranting(loudly)about politics and their concerns of living under a ‘Dictator’. One comment really interested me though- ‘you only get to be President if you come from California or New York’, they agreed that they are the only states where you can get a good education’ I hope that other Americans don’t feel like that, sorry state of affairs. They went round and round in circles talking about poverty, education, business, government and greed. I found it very amusing when they got the bill and could agree on the split. Ha Ha!

Barrata- Where to stop for a break between Napier and Wellington? Suggestions? What should not be missed.

Evening/morning all,

Another successful FD nearly over πŸ™‚

The roasted veg was very tasty, cooked with herbs, garlic and lemon juice and served on a bed of salad leaves. I didn’t use the tofu as I’ve decided to save it for a different version of Pad Thai on another day.

I watched tennis all morning, did my workout, then spent the afternoon doing housework. I’ve polished everything except my halo πŸ˜‰

There’ll be some nocturnal tennis watching later as Andy is playing at 2pm Melbourne time which is 3am here and I want to watch. I’m hoping it doesn’t take more than 2 hours so I can go back to bed for a while.

I can’t believe it’s Friday tomorrow, where did my week go……..

Yes, Friday, Amazon, love it. I am sitting in the (intermittent) sunshine extending my Thursday fast, which didn’t result in any drop on the scales πŸ™ I think I am still re-loading after Monday’s diarrhea.

We watched Novak’s demise last night – what a game!

I use Choysa tea, Jo. Are you travelling via the Wairarapa, or through the Manawatu Gorge? If the former, a side trip to Martinborough in the middle of wine country would be worthwhile. I hope you are feeling better with your sleep patterns. There’s another storm system coming through on Sunday. We seem to have survived yesterday morning’s weather bomb. Expect a high of 16 today πŸ™ Summer still postponed.

Welcome, Wellme. This is a great place to be for support and guidance. We have all been through where you are going, and wish you every success.

Hi Barata,

I got up this morning, turned on the TV to check what was happening at the AO and saw the last 6 games of the match. I’m not impressed with Novak as a person and although I respect what he has achieved on court I’m not sorry he lost. I’m also very pleased for Denis Istomin who has had a really tough time and a lot of bad luck over the years including breaking his leg in two places in a road accident and not playing for 2 years!

You are having a rough summer weather wise aren’t you but there has been a lot of unusual weather patterns all over the world in recent months.

When I worked I used to do my shopping on the way home on a Friday night and then settle down to a pizza and a bottle of red, only 2000 calories in one sitting……….😱

Thanks Barrata,
    I will consult the map and check in times in Welly. Want to check out market in the morning before departure. I am only in Welly 2 days before departing for the South Island, leaving Monday morning, so we will meet up when I get back hopefully for meal on 8 th Tony’s 60 th, with WiWi and other half.
    Amazon- tennis sounds amazing, sad to be missing it all. Good Luck to Andy. 🍻

I have pencilled in the 8th, Jo. But Wi mentions two pages back that they get in at 5pm on the 9th. Safe travelling. πŸ™‚

Sounds like a Friday plan, Amazon. But I have never been a fan of pizza, tends to get cold very quickly, and all those carbs… Perhaps I knew something back then. The wine is still on the menu, but perhaps in more limited quantities? I had never heard of Denis Istomin before, but my ear is not glued to the tennis court πŸ™‚

Hello,
    Welcome to Jojo’s tribe WellMe! At the moment I am the newest here and still learning. Some ups and downs but I’ll get there. Good luck on your 8 pounds to lose.
    Gorgeous day here! I don’t know if is the sun but my level of happiness and mood is pretty good.
    I accomplished all my goals and my Fast was easy. Coffee with 1/4 cup of milk (35cal) and dinner was grilled salmon over a bed of missed salad. Planning the next one Monday πŸ˜‰
    Purple you are so lucky! Having guests and you are having the best ever controlling you weight. Wonderful news indeed πŸ‘
    Consuming 2000 calories over one meal is crazy. I’ve done that as well… We are so over that behavior nock on wood.
    I gave Sasha a bikini season hair cut! She looks so good. Her hair was too long and she was panting on our walks.
    Hugs and kisses πŸ’‹

Barata,
    Sadly we leave on the morning of 9 th so we will miss each other. I think we were originally talking about leaving on 10 th but that plan was changed. Shame!

Busy day here walking around looking at architecture plus museum, Art Deco centre, train world and shopping Phew! Stopped for scrambled egg with cooked tomatoes, just the job.

Weigh in tomorrow, heaven help me! Far too much cheese and latte this week, more control needed.

HCB, just as well we know Sasha is a dog! πŸ™‚

Cheese is good fat, Jo. But I know… calories. Shame about the timing, that we couldn’t all get together before you leave Wellington. As I said, keeping the 8th free.

It’s horrifying thinking about what we used to consume as a ‘snack’ before a meal and then eay the dinner.
    We enjoy eating tapas when out as we get really tasty, usually protein based food, and can limit the quantity too. P

Wee,
    Indulged in a Hokey Pokey ice cream (honeycombed and vanilla)today, produced by a local company called Rush Munroe(sounds like a Scot to me)It was really good, we were very hot travelling around Hastings in the car looking for Art Deco buildings. We had a very old map which made life very difficult. We had a list of 44 buildings to track down, we barely managed 12 in 2 hours. Tempers got a little frayed so we cut short our expedition. We are planning to go up to the Bluff tonight to view all Napier and hopefully sunset.
    PVE- the cheese I consumed was part of a meal but I don’t usually eat much cheese at home. It was finding the Cheese Factory that ‘did for us’.
    I have finally found some drinkable tea so can avoid the latte again. I am not really a coffee drinker but they do make good coffee in NZ. I have to order it half strength though.
    Missed my swim today but my hotel in Wellington tomorrow has a glass bottom over hanging section, sounds scary but I guess I can avoid that bit.
    Looking forward to bed tonight after rising early for sunrise, didn’t manage to get back to sleep.
    Had salad for dinner tonight, no protein added, which was really enjoyable, I have to have lots of veg daily now or I suffer. I refused bread yesterday and today and am very pleased with myself. It’s the only way to go for me.
    Barrata- when I am in Wellington I will choose a restaurant. Is there anywhere you particularly like? Tony likes Italian or World but not Asian Food(sadly).

You can heave a sigh of relief and go back to bed, Amazon… πŸ™‚

Jo, OH is not keen on Asian, so they should get on. Anything else would be fine, remembering he’s a carnivore. Hokey pokey… mmmm.

I’m showered and dressed and watching Dan Evans playing Bernard Tomic and as I’m going out this afternoon will forego a nap and have an early night then get up in the early hours tomorrow for more tennis πŸ™‚

:tennisaddict: 🎾🎾🎾

Amazon you are making me feel tired. Just dropped the last family visitors off at the airport. Sitting in an outdoor restaurant in steamy Sydney. English accents on one side. Glaswegian serving us. Classic! P

Me too, Amazon.

Thanks ALL! Did some measurements this morning.

HealthCoachB…developing an exercise regiment, keep me posted. I’d like to develop some exercises I could incorporate while Mall Walking. Here the rain can influence getting out for a walk but I thought if I could get involved in the local “Mall Walking” group. Mostly elderly but certainly not getting drenched outdoors. Incorporated with stopping at intermittent points to do various strength exercises would mix it up a bit.

Any advise would be great. Thks!

WellMe, just spent the last 2 hours Mall Walking, taking photographs of Art Deco buildings in Napier. Also walked the tiny pier then around the outskirts of town. I think I can say I have well and truely seen the city of Napier. Only street cleaners for company at 7 am, delightful. Sunny and warm- All good with the world.

Now for another game of mini golf, we seem to be finding them in every place we visit.

Weigh in put off until tomorrow because I left the scales in the car last night(that’s my excuse)

Just bought a huge take away roast veg salad for today, looks appetising.

Chat from Welly tonight

Hi WellMe, forgive my ignorance, but what is mall walking?

My guess, Happy, is that mall walking is what we did last week after days of being housebound with heatwave, we went to a local huge shopping mall and clocked up 8000 steps in the air conditioning by walking briskly the perimeter of every floor and walking up and down every escalator. I didn’t know it had a label 😊😊
    Quite different to window shopping where you amble and peruse. P 😊😊

Thanks P!

The idea that it would be too hot (or too cold) to walk outside is pretty alien to us in the UK! I guess there are some benefits from a temperate climate!

I’ve avoided the TV all day, but just caught the end of the news. I really hope Trump isn’t as bad for the world, or the UK, as I fear. With that and Brexit, I can’t help but think we in the UK at least are all going to hell in a handcart!

Between DT and the appalling situation in Melbourne yesterday, where are all the sane people?

P, I’m afraid the sane people appear increasingly to be in the minority.

I’m beginning to think The Matrix was a documentary, because everything’s suddenly gone very surreal!

We’re here, P πŸ™‚ Remind me, can you start kefir from the shop-bought product? I have put a plea out around the neighbourhood for grains, but seem to remember…

No Barata. The bought kefir is sieved, sans grains. πŸ˜‘ Try a farmers market (a hippy personπŸ˜‰) or online. Ours came from interstate Australia. You’d have to find an NZ source. Customs would not be impressed. I posted some to Nama. You could get someone from here to bring it over? Should have asked when you were here unfortunately . P

Hi everyone,

It’s 3.15 and I’m up for more tennis.
    I had a lovely day yesterday, I saw my niece and great nephew yesterday afternoon and it was amazing to heat him trying to say my name πŸ™‚

Another cold (5C) but sunny day forecast here and I’m going to Richmond Park later.

Have a good one everybody 😜

Enjoy your tennis, you night owl. Too lovely a summer’s day here to waste in front of the box. 😊😊P

Viewing 50 posts - 851 through 900 (of 7,277 total)

You must be logged in to reply.