Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

This topic contains 7,125 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  Barata 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 7,277 total)

• Hello,
    Finally later on we had blue skies and it was cold at all.
    Being my FD I needed to get myself distracted and keep going with it. I called my hairdresser and she could take me in despite last minute decision. Well… The hair turned out a little no light. I won’t think about anymore after next week…also treated myself to a manicure.
    If my mindset bahaves well the way ia my this week I am on my right path. Again, I have no problems fasting 5:2-18/6. It’s it that eternal vigilance and sometimes I a not that strong.
    The reason I am on Fasting is because my Mum has all sorts of problems and I just want to be happy and healthy. when I started in 2015 I was only 10 pounds over, this year 15, back again 10 pounds and hopefully I would be happy there.
    I am glad to hear everyone has the Chritmas spirit going. My house doesn’t have a think …I wore a Christmas sweater today.
    My husband decided not to go to his children’s Sunday for Chritmas. We’ll be joining our neighbor and friend and she is very much looking forward to be with us.
    I need to come up with some sort of delicious appetizer. I’ll bring wine and perhaps a dessert.
    Hopefully this person here think before start eating and drink too much.
    Merry Chritmas to all of you! Enjoy your family and friends
    ๐ŸŽ„โ„๏ธโ›„๏ธ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’

Your hair will still be lovely HBC ๐Ÿ‘ฑ
    What about little chipotle sausages, wrapped in bacon and cooked in the oven as a quick appetizer? They can be cooked last minute and transported hot. We had them in the cold of Scotland last year and enjoyed them.
    Merry Christmas HBC ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ†P

Hi Jo

Glad you’ve decided to stay. Maintenance is had work and we need all the buddies we can get. Over 2016 I have gained and retained 4 kg over my lowest weight. So I am still a work in progress.

Happy,

I have made two lots of mince pies this season. Half the first batch went to Brisbane and the other half came to Hobart with me. About to be eaten this evening. Today’s fresh batch is off to Melbourne to be eaten at other family Christmas on Sunday. I have sampled each batch ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰ and after being on 5:2 for three years, I can say that the mince pies do not have the same appeal. The leftover pastry is used for jam tarts, at special request of son.

RT
    Your Christmas lunch sounds absolutely delicious. Ours will also be cold as there is a heatwave in Melbourne. ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ—๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿง๐Ÿง

Amazon, love your work. ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ

Merry Christmas to everyone, Bay ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

Hi all,

Also in the kitchen, starting the advance cooking for Sunday. Will be all cold food here too, now Melbourne is forecast to have 3 straight days over 35. Might have to get into the inflatable paddling pool with the toddlers!

I have really enjoyed reading about everyones Christmas preparations from all over the world. There has been a significant terrorist threat (planned for our city on Xmas Day) foiled by our Federal Police this morning, just bringing home how important it is for us to end our busy year with special time with family and friends, focusing on what is really important.

We are off to Lygon Street (Carlton) tonight to celebrate DIL’s birthday at Chin Chin, a local favourite. This time last year we were doing the same thing in Hanoi, not quite sure where 2016 went!

You wont stop me chatting I am afraid Happy, 5:2 has brought us together as cyber friends but I think discussions about fasting etc can easily be woven into the conversations!

A very Merry Christmas to you all, may your days be wonderful!!

Hi Nama and Purple

Merry Christmas to you both. I have thoroughly enjoyed your posts all year. Hope to catch up in the New Year.

Cheers, Bay ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ

To you also Bay. What a wonderful group of like minded mates we have gained through 5:2.
    May your multiple Christmas celebrations be thoroughly enjoyable and 2017 sees you with continued vim and vigour. Cheers P ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ‹๐ŸŽ

Morning/evening all

The day of madness has arrived. There will be queues outside supermarkets before they open, people on the tube and the bus with suitcases as large as they are and traffic jams on all roads leading home ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    Thank goodness I’m home already and have a fridge, larder and wine rack all fully armed and ready to go ๐Ÿ˜‰

I am off to the gym this morning and going to friends for dinner this evening. All I need to do this afternoon is make some cranberry sauce.

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone, eat drink and be merry for tomorrow (well maybe next week) we fast ๐Ÿ˜† ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿท๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ—๐Ÿค๐Ÿจ๐Ÿฐ

Nama,

I don’t want to stop anyone chatting, I too love reading what my cyber buddies are getting up to in far flung places!

Even Amazon in London is a million miles from me in sleepy Cumbria, easy to forget travel and shopping mayhem when all you can see is sheep ๐Ÿ˜€

Glad to hear the Melbourne terror threat was neutralised.

Bay,

Lovely to hear from you, and interesting to hear that mince pies don’t appeal so much! The mincemeat is reduced sugar, and the pastry will be unsweetened, so I fear they may be quite savoury! I know I’d be put off if they were too sweet, but I might have ambushed myself by reducing the sugar ๐Ÿ˜€

How is sugar avoidance going by the way? Did you do an Advent challenge?

Happy preparations and safe travels to all of you and your families.

Thank you friends catering is not a chore to me I love it and am good at itโ€ฆJust Saying !!! and Yes we are all really looking forward to the day Aliyaโ€™s first Christmas she is such a cutie so everyone keeps telling us and posting on the FB ๐Ÿ˜† We meet at our family home for present exchange and off we go on a convoy to the chosen site all family members have as their main car or as a second car like me a twin cab 4wd but it is not required a 2wd is perfectly fine as we can actually drive onto the beach and along the water edge for miles so no lugging of heavy eskyโ€™s with arm swapping along the way ๐Ÿ˜‰ Or the horror of forgetting or leaving something in the car in the car parkโ€ฆcork screw for example.
    Eldest lad is the planner or young Mr P or Namaโ€™s hubby and has a map to show who will park where in a U shape we all have a designated position with tarps and quick shades facing the ocean the 3rd son has a porta loo so a alfresco en suite is taken care of and bamboo screening for privacy all our females do rejoice. Purple absolutely fabulous fly to Adelaide and 250km south by car will send GPS co-ordinates on demand
    Not Long Now..
    Itโ€™s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.

Ah RT, I’m afraid you’ve one less virtual beach party guest! You lost me at “we can actually drive onto the beach…”. I’m a child of nature, a bumpkin! Motor vehicles to me are a necessary evil of the modern world but something I avoid at all costs when I can… could you send me a doggy bag though please ๐Ÿ˜Š

Sorry RT. I’ll decline too. Vehicles on a beach are like jet skis on quiet rivers (or anywhere) or quad and trail bikes in the bush. Just not on.
    Enjoy your day, but remember all the people who like beaches kept for footprints only.
    Cheers P

Dont spoil his fun girls!! I am sure RT only drives on the beach for this one annual tradition that he has created with his family. I agree re hoons and 4WDs on beaches, but I think exceptions can be made for a family group on Christmas Day, sitting quietly enjoying their feast.

To all my dear fasting friends, I hope you have a lovely Christmas, the sun shines, the family is with you, and all the meals are cooked from scratch! Hugs and love.

Morning/evening all,

Christmas Eve, my favourite day of the year ๐Ÿ™‚

There are beaches you can drive onto and there are beaches you can’t drive onto. Enough for everyone to make a choice.

RT, have a wonderful time, your Christmas on the beach is a party I would love to join.

I had a lovely evening with my friends and their two beautiful boys. We had mulled wine followed by lasagne and salad and of course some more wine.
    No dessert and was all had a single Swiss chocolate, perfect!

I came home replete, relaxed and happy, carrying a bag full of presents all for me. I slept like a log and am now raring to go.
    Bring it on ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Have a good one everybody ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ’‹

The wind has eased, the sun will shine. My brothers around the world have all been in contact, we will be with our younger children in Sydney in a few days. The ham is in the fridge, the restaurant is booked for tomorrow’s lunch, a neighbour will join us in the evening.

Then I will wrap the presents – to take or send.

Santa’s already been spotted on the airport radar heading for his first stop, our very own New Zealand. Have a lovely day. ๐Ÿ™‚

RT, Sounds wonderful. Have a great day. ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰โ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธ

Merry Christmas everyone. ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’โ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธ

Cheers, Bay

Merry Christmas to all of you my cyber brothers and sisters wherever you are.
    HCB

Merry Christmas Everyone and a happy and healthy slimmer New Year. RT- The beach trip sounds wonderful.

I am finishing the old year well and plan on finishing next year at goal.

Have a great Day Fast Trackers live life and have fun whatever and however you choose to spend it.
    Peace Love and Happiness
    Happy Christmas To all
    RT

Peace and love to you too RT. Thanks for all the support again this year, mate.
    I hope Santa has dropped in something special for you and yfee๐Ÿ˜Š
    Have a good day. P ๐ŸŽ„

Happy Christmas everyone, whatever you’re up to!

Christmas Day for us this year will be a quiet one, although lots of face timing with far flung family. And I’m hoping the weather will be kind so we can get out for a good walk. It’s probably my favourite day of the year for a walk because it’s the one day of the year when the roads are quiet and safe ๐Ÿ˜Š

Merry Christmas and a slender New Year to everyone ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks Amazon and the same to you pal . Still wet and windy here so not going out for a drive . Ross stayed the night and it was lovely . Just waiting for visitors . I DID have ice cream and malteesers last night and I will be having Christmas dinner . This is a WOL and not a diet and I will be back to it on Monday or Tuesday . Have a great Christmas everyone .

Wee xx

Morning/evening all,

I hope everyone is well and enoying the festive season with family and friends.
    I’ve had a nice time at home doing my own thing for a couple of days and eating some very nice food. I had a lovely chat with my friend in Perth WA yesterday and have been in touch with several friends and family. I was sent a wonderful video of my great nephew opening his presents, the finale of which was him climbing on top of one, sliding off and landing on the floor flat on his face and exclaiming “oh dear” ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

I’m meeting a friend today for a walk in town along the Southbank area of the Thames which has a winter festival going on so should be very interesting. We had a heavy frost last night and it is going to peak at 6C today but the good news is the blue sky and sunshine ๐ŸŒž

I’m aiming for 23/1 today and it might turn into a proper FD depending on how the day pans out.

Wherever you are and whatever you’re up to, have a good one ๐Ÿ˜œ

Hi Amazon,

Hope you have a nice walk, and good luck with the maybe fast! I toyed with 23/1 and or fasting today, but both have fallen by the wayside already! I will be going for another long walk again today (10km on Xmas day, 11km yeaterday) to make the most of the dry weather and to mitigate a little more food than I needed ๐Ÿ˜€

RT, I hope the beach party went well. My doggy bag hasn’t arrived yet though…!

I was thinking of all the SH fasters, lounging in the sunshine (or maybe even hiding in the shade!) – we didn’t see the sun at all on Xmas day ๐Ÿ™

Good afternoon everyone . We have actually had a wee bit sun today . The first day for over a week it hasn’t rained . Christmas was nice . Lots and lots of lovely memories to be shared . busy time with family and friends . having a nice lazy day today . I will finish my Ice Cream today and be back happily with 5.2 tomorrow . It will be nice to get back in control . have a lovely day xx

Wee xx

Hi everyone,

My 23/1 maybe FD went by the wayside as I succumbed to an almond croissant with a cup of tea this afternoon while we were out. It was lovely in the sunshine but very cold and by 3pm I knew I had to eat something as I was frozen.
    I’ll try again tomorrow.

I’m home now and have ditched the pastry from the turkey Wellington as it is no longer crisp and I also ditched the mushroom pate. I’ll be having some turkey with sprouts and carrots, no spuds or parsnips today. No Christmas pud either but I might have a sliver or two of cheese later.

I’ll be back at the gym tomorrow as the weather is going to be cold and foggy tomorrow. Apparently we won’t see the sun again until NYD ๐Ÿ™
    I’m glad I made the most of it by going to Kew Gardens on Boxing Day and out again today.

My friend in Adelaide said it was 42C at lunchtime on Christmas Day ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Yes Amazon registered here at 41.6 fortunately it is always 10deg cooler on the coast so very pleasant day indeed. But right now itโ€™s severe weather warnings and wind gusts to 125km and raining all night a summer storm as we speak with flood watch and severe thunder storms
    http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDS65503.shtml

Mother Nature is not happy
    Look out Nama Purple and Bay itโ€™s heading your way.
    Peace RT

Thanks for the warning RT ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    We’ve had excellent pool weather…high 20s, low 30s with a little breeze and pleasant evenings. Ideal.
    But they predict a 5 day heatwave from today…I’ve been up closing all windows and blinds on expectation. The trick is to keep the sun off the house before it heats up.
    I too have tossed or frozen leftovers, Amazon. Only leafy salad and ham out. The fruit cakes and pies are safely in a cupboard to offer to guests.
    Plenty of the fermented grape juice still unopened. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
    Keep warm/cool/dry and mindful, whatever the weather folk. P ๐Ÿ˜Š

I never thought I could get sick of eating malteasers . I DID and I poured them down the loo . I feel so proud of myself lol . Jim said ” leave them for another day” I thought he knew me better than that . Back to normal tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it .

Wee xx

Well done Wee! That takes strength of character and you have heaps!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜ŠP

Morning/evening all,

It is another cold and frosty morning. Winter has definitely arrived.

Wee, that’s what I did with the leftover trifle the weekend before Christmas. It’s not something I would want to do very often as I hate wasting food but sometimes it has to be done ๐Ÿ™‚

I never really shook off my cold and my chest felt sore and tight yesterday evening. I’ve woken up with a chest infection so won’t be going anywhere today.

My task today is to keep warm so I can complete a FD.

Have a good one everybody ๐Ÿ˜œ

Good Morning All,
    Poor old you Amazon, tuck up in the warm and get well soon, make some chicken broth it’s the best remedy I use if I am poorly. Luckily since I gave up teaching I have avoided the coughs and colds that used to plague my life.
    Wee- Flushing malteasers- bold move. I have been very strong willed over the holiday, no point in undoing my good work. I have tried to find things to keep me occupied. A six hour Christmas wordsearch created by my husband. Not just words in diagonal lines but different patterns, nightmare. Lots of long walks and swimming. I did receive chocolates, liquorice allsorts, Turkish delight and biscuits as gifts and I re-gifted them immediately lest I have a weak willed moment. I did indulge in half a mini pudding after my Christmas meal which was lovely, I avoided tea time to make up for that plus some alcoholic drinks. It’s all about compromise.
    Off to a party today, the dreaded buffet, heaven help me, taking an apple, nuts and an orange.
    Still more celebrations to attend posh New Year Eve dinner but determined not to gain at my SW weigh in, fingers crossed, lips zipped.

PVE, RT, Nama, Bay, Barrata and Wiwi – Hope the storms don’t effect you too much. Sunny and cold here but unusually mild winter all told.

Happy New Year Everyone

Hi Jo,

The plan is to make a Chinese style turkey and sweetcorn soup. I’ll add extra veggies to it and lots of chilli!
    I usually make it with crab or chicken and it is an ideal destination for the leftover turkey, plus there will be enough for two FDs so I can stash half in the freezer.
    The remaining stuffing has joined the pastry in the food waste bin so there are no more savoury leftovers and the remaining rum custard has gone too! I made mini Christmas puds so there wouldn’t be a half eaten one hanging around calling to me ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’ve taken some paracetemol, got the heating on full and am wrapped up for the Antarctic as I don’t want to get cold. I’ve got some new books to read and new music to listen to plus lots of stuff recorded in my Sky+ planner so I won’t be bored.

Well done for your restraint over Christmas. I’ve done fairly well and am confident that if I can nail two FDs this week I’ll have maintained my pre Christmas weight.

Hi Jo all good now thanks the winds rains and storms now replaced with steamy tropical humidity i much prefer the dry heat its now officially the Wettest year on record now for South Australia. Thursday so lets get our fast on ….
    Peace RT

Amazon,

I hope you feel better soon. My OH is coughing and spluttering in the spare room as I type! Having been full of cold for 3 weeks in September I really hope I don’t succumb again!

Jo,

I hope the buffet went well! I suspect it’s far easier for me to maintain because there just isn’t that much temptation in the middle of nowhere!

I ate my last mince pie yesterday. There’s no Xmas chocolates or cake in the house. There are homemade meringues.. egg whites left over from making trifle custard, but they’ll keep for a while. Other than that, food is pretty much back to normal.

I am a bit up weight wise, but nothing catastrophic, and have fasted today so hopefully a bit mitigated…. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Morning all from steamy Jamieson. We missed tne storms here, though rain predicted today and it feels more like Darwin or Sydney in February, steamy enough to make my straight hair curl!

Like you Happy, I am certain I have gained some baggage over four days of feasting, plus lunch guests coming today bringing a crab and camembert quiche! But I decided to have a brief holiday from the scales over this break and will jump back on them on Wed. Its good to know I can easily reverse any damage.

Amazon I hope you feel much better really soon, colds are so draining!
    Well done on the Malteser Flush Wee, sounds like a new dance!

Wishing each and every one of you a wonderful New Year, especially good health for you and your family and friends.
    Cheers! XX

My post Christmas report….
    A good time was had by all and I have remained firmly within my wriggle room. I find I don’t get a chance to eat when I’m hosting,…win, win!
    Unlike you, though, Happy, I still have containers everywhere with cake, mince pies, chocolates, Turkish Delight etc, that the ants are rapidly discovering. Visitors brought them and we don’t eat them, so I’ll have to find someone to palm them off onto.
    I’ve picked up a summer cold, so just sitting around vegging and fasting.
    Have a happy New Year fast trackers. ๐Ÿ˜ P

Morning All,
    The buffet was a disaster, only bread and cheese, lots of meat with pastry, no salad and lots of puddings. So I ate half a ciabatta roll and some cheeses and water instead of wine. No pudding and then just soup for dinner. Fasting today and tomorrow 23/1 which should take me down 1 lb, if lucky.
    The good news is I am firmly back to drinking 1500 millilitres of water daily plus teas. This habit had been lax for awhile. I just relied on hot drinks only.
    Fish and salad today and tomorrow.
    Walking, swimming and yoga today and post xmas sales shopping tomorrow, need to replace baggy underwear before there is an embarrassing incident. May need to wear summer dresses in NZ, if they can get the weather sorted out over there. Although Wellington is always a bit windy for dresses.

Glad everyone has stayed in control over Xmas, not easy when everyone around them is consuming food like it’s the end of the world. I observed a man eating 5 full plates of food yesterday, it wasn’t a pretty site. He was however an excellent baker, my daughter tried his Victoria sponge(good 6 inches deep) filled with jam and cream. Looked very light but I resisted it in favour of trying to solve the new rubic cube(ball version) failed, two only out of position though.
    The other guests were tackling Mensa quizzes in between small talk. The children were being taught drafts and chess plus model plane building at the kitchen table. It was like stepping back 50 years, not an Iphone in site. Weird party but it made a change.

RT- I think you must have our rain, I can’t remember such a dry December. It’s amazing.
    Keep fasting!

Morning/evening all,

The weather gods have sent us another heavy frost but with blue sky and sunshine rather than the forecast fog ๐Ÿ™‚

I am rather unwell and full of self pity but I know that in a couple of days I’ll be feeling OK. Having said that, my cough is so bad and my chest so sore that I’m considering buying some sugar laden medication.
    Fasting is on hold until I’m feeling better as I had to eat yesterday to keep warm despite the flat being nice and cosy and being dressed in several layers.

Glad to hear that everyone is having a great time and by the sound of it able to maintain control.

I have to go out soon as I’m out of milk. Fortunately I don’t have to go far.

Have a good one everybody ๐Ÿ˜œ

Sorry to hear you are so unwell Amazon. It’s one step forward and two back on this road. Hot lemon and honey sounds like the best way forward, blow the calories just get well soon. I too have been really suffering the cold both indoors with heating on and outside when walking despite speed and using poles. It doesn’t that my daughter is moaning about the house being too hot because she is no longer used to Central heating. We only have it on for 4 hours in the evening. I have always been the sort of person that didn’t feel the cold but not any more, my insulation layer is getting thinner so my layers of clothing are increasing.
    Take care and get well soon

Thanks Jo,

I’ve had so many viral chest infections but this one took me by surprise. I’ve got some Benylin now which should help.

It’s a glorious day but very cold. I would love a walk but I don’t think that is a good idea so I’ll have to settle for reading one my my new books.

It is amazing how much more we feel the cold once we’ve lost weight, but I would rather be cold and thin than carrying a huge layer of blubber around all the time!

Amazon,
    I assure you I still have plenty of blubber it just doesn’t seem to conduct any thermal properties any more. We did the eagle pose today in Yoga, this involves wrapping one leg around the other so the foot links behind the calf, sadly if you have tree trunk legs like me this is not possible. The teacher persisted in saying it could be done but no way at the moment, guess I might manage it when I drop another couple of stones, can but hope. At least I can do many other positions more effectively now some of the blubber has departed. 23/1 has gone well today. Hope you get some sleep tonight now you have some linctus. I got some new books for Christmas too, always a gift I appreciate.I am re-reading some ‘no sugar’ books to keep myself motivated.

Hi Jo,

I don’t like to take medication for a virus but I was feeling so wretched this morning. It certainly makes a difference ๐Ÿ™‚

I had scrambled eggs with smoked salmon for brunch and a small amount of pasta and lots of veg in cheese sauce for dinner. The pasta is all gone apart from some linguine and I’m not going to replace it.
    The remaining stรถllen was binned as it was proving too tempting and the muffins went with it. When I’m unwell I crave sweet things so they had to go. Interestingly, I’m not having a problem resisting the Christmas cake or mince pies so they still have a home…….

I bought a couple of books in the sales, Bruce Springsteen’s autobiography “Born to run” and Anna Jones “A modern way to eat” which is a vegetarian/vegan recipe book. Anna writes a weekly cooking article for the Guardian on Saturday and her recipes always make me hungry! She was one of Jamie Oliver’s first students at Fifteen and is doing very well for herself.
    I’ve had a quick look through it and there are several recipes that yell “try me” so over the next few weeks I’m going to be expanding my flesh free recipe repertoire which I’m looking forward to and am hoping trying new dishes will keep me satisfied and on track through the short, cold January days.
    I’ll need to go shopping though as there are grains etc that I don’t have in the cupboard. They can go in the empty pasta jars ๐Ÿ˜‰

Oh Jo! I can sympathise with your yoga pose nightmare! I’ve always been a pear, and that hasn’t changed โ˜น๏ธ I saw a friend before Christmas who exclaimed how I’d lost a lot of weight… my upper body was really slim… but I wouldn’t blow over in a strong wind…! I’m not sure if there’s a compliment there or not!

Hi Amazon,
    When I was sick as a child my mother would buy me a bottle of lucozade and a box of fruit pastilles. I also crave sweet things when sick, the associations run deep. Keep fighting Amazon and enjoy your new vegetarian diet. Being a vegetarian has certainly improved my health, will you still eat fish? I will post some good vegetarian options on Facebook. I will check out Anna Jones.
    Happy- yes but we are blessed with small waists which are the envy of all our friends. I have had very jealous comments from my skinny legged apple shaped friends.

Jo,

You’ve misunderstood my post. I usually eat meat/fish a couple of times a week and have no intention of giving them up. What I’m looking for is different options for the other five days of the week that will be tasty, satisfying and nutritionally balanced without taking hours to prepare and cook. From what I’ve seen of Anna’s recipes that is exactly what she’s all about. She is a vegetarian and her siblings are both vegans.

She also uses lots of different grains, flours and seeds such as quinoa, spelt and amaranth and uses substitutes for dairy such as almond milk so it will be an interesting adventure ๐Ÿ™‚

Amazon,
    Actually I have decided to open up my options when eating out now and will include meat. I am so fed up with having horrible meals out which I am paying good money for. But I will keep to fish and veggie options at home plus eggs and a little cheese.

I think you will enjoy cooking veggie options both quick and new to you. I eat quinoa and spelt often but I haven’t tried amaranth. I have used several types of milk including almond and also other nut milks especially in soups.

Enjoy the experiment

Hi girls
    I think variety is the key. Reinventing your menu and opening up to new foods and combinations keeps the interest level up and doesn’t have to mean overeating.
    I’m struggling with my cold. Heatwave (min 25 overnight, 37 yesterday and today), frequent loo trips beong a fast night, roaring headache and sore throat, cough, aching hip etc, do not make for a good sleep or enthusiasm regarding New Year’s Eve. We sound like a couple of cot cases, don’t we Amazon?
    Enjoy your last couple of days of 2016 and good health in 2017. ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘P

Barrata,
    I hear you have been hit by another earthquake, no casualties thank goodness.
    I hope your property has not been effected? 5.5 wasn’t it ? My husband is fast going off the idea of visiting NZ.

PVE,
    The good thing about cyber buddies is the non contagiousness. Seriously though I hope you recover soon.
    My bladder is keeping me awake too, far too much water and tea today, so I have used the time to do some self evaluation. I have written a Life List( things to do, places to see), A Life Staircase(grid in 5 year chunks from birth to now upon which you shade in your happiness levels) surprise, surprise I have been miserable ever since I started putting on weight or the other way round. Happiness rate has improved since retirement though and weight has reduced so it’s all good, just need to get ecstatically happy and I should get stick thin. Any ideas how I can get that happy? Win the lottery perhaps, do a bungee jump? Ha Ha.
    My life expectancy is 90, which could change to 91 if I get to goal weight. I think that will be quite sufficient. I am very much like my mother, who lived to 90, and she was very physically active right up to the end, quite balmy though(can’t have everything). Hopefully the ‘bridge’ and ‘board games nights’ will keep my brain functioning a bit longer.
    Sleep well fellow fasters, the new year approaches, lets hope it’s a good one without earthquakes and wars preferably.

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 7,277 total)

You must be logged in to reply.