Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

This topic contains 7,125 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  Barata 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 5,301 through 5,350 (of 7,277 total)

• Amazon,

I do similar with roasted veg and couscous, these days the couscous is more a coating round the veg than the main event though.

I was interested to read that I’m not the only one who had an unfortunate encounter with bread recently. A brioche burger bun and a panini last weekend really disagreed with me! I bloated up a treat and gained 2kg overnight πŸ˜₯ And then I had to bail out of a fast day earlier in the week because I felt really peculiar…

Anyway, I fasted today no problem, although one fast this week might not be sufficient to offset the long Easter weekend! I’d forgotten about HCB til I read this thread! Thanks girls 🀣

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Q. What do you get if you pour hot water down a rabbit hole?
    A. Hot cross bunnies!
    Q. What do you call a rabbit with fleas?
    A. Bugs Bunny!
    Q. Why shouldn’t you tell an Easter egg a joke?
    A. It might crack up!
    Q. How did the soggy Easter Bunny dry himself?
    A. With a hare-dryer!
    Q. Why did the Easter Bunny cross the road?
    A. Because the chicken had his Easter eggs!
    Q. What did the rabbit say to the carrot?
    A. It’s been nice gnawing you!
    Q. How did the Easter Bunny rate the Easter parade?
    A. He said it was eggs-cellent!
    Q. How does the Easter Bunny travel?
    A. By hare-plane!
    Q. How does the Easter Bunny stay fit?
    A. Eggs-ercise and hare-robics!
    Q. Why did the Easter egg hide?
    A. He was a little chicken!

PLANS FOR EASTER
    Wife: What are your plans for Easter?
    Husband: Same as Jesus..I will disappear on Friday and reappear on Monday!!
    Wife counters:
    On hearing that the husband will disappear on Friday and return on Monday like Jesus, the wife retorts,”awesome you do that, I’ll do like Mary and show up pregnant untouched by my husband.”

Have A Happy Easter All You beautiful Losers πŸ˜†
    Peace RT

Hi All,
    I have no tolerance for bread either, it give me bloat and severe pains.
    It is an incentive not to indulge in what used to be my favourite food.

HC Buns are tasty treat but very calorific as of course is the other Ester favourite.

Thanks for the jokes RT

LOVE the last one RT! Thanks πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Well I do like a little dark chocolate every now and then, but I’d rather not have a whole Easter egg.

OH doesn’t like HCB, so I said I was going to see if the bakery sold them individually because I don’t want a multipack. He said, what about our guests, they might want one? Yes, and if they don’t? You could freeze them, he said. Hmm, I know, but then I would still have to eat them…! He has no idea πŸ˜‚

Gorgeous morning here, and 22 forecast today. Lovely 😎

Morning,

Hiding food in the freezer doesn’t work for me either. I have been know to toast bread in the middle of a sleepless night because I convinced myself it would help me sleep. You can hear that β€˜eat me’ voice from the house, garden and occasionally gym. My freezer doesn’t hold any temptations these days.

It was warm enough for swimming in the sea yesterday, not that I did but I will be swimming in the outside pool today. No unheated water for me yet.

Have a wonderful Easter weekend everyone. I am avoiding chocolate entirely, not too much of a burden for me as not a weakness. Roast potatoes will be on the agenda Monday though, yummy.

Morning/evening all,

Us UKers are all up early πŸ˜€πŸŒž

RT, thanks for the seasonal giggles 🀣

I had a lovely day yesterday. I got the train to Waterloo and walked along the river to Tate Britain. I was very early so retired to a local hostelry where I sat outside in the sunshine looking across the river and drinking a nice cold beer. End of the idea of fasting….

The Van Gogh exhibition was fabulous. It was about Vincent’s time in England and the influences on both his life and work from doing so. Alongside some of his paintings there were exhibits from other artists influenced by him. Quite by chance I saw a programme about it on BBC4 last week so unlike many others who appeared confused that there were works by others on show I understood the purpose of the exhibition. I’m sure many just saw the name Van Gogh and bought tickets without any research despite the fact it was “Van Gogh and Britain”!

I got the train back to my local station and decided that if I went home I would make a serious assault on the HCBs in the freezer which would lead to all manner of indiscriminate eating so went to my local and treated myself to a very good steak served with chimchurri sauce and veggies. There may have been some fries and I’ve no idea where the glass of red wine came from but it would have been silly not to drink it πŸ˜†

Needless to say I’m fasting today.

A mini heatwave is forecast with temperatures of 25C tomorrow and fine weather for the following week, so I’m going to try to get out in the fresh air every day and walk off some of the extra calories that I know will be consumed on Sunday and Monday.

I’m OK with good bread but if I eat too much of it I feel very bloated and uncomfortable and it takes a couple of days to settle down.

It’s eggs and asparagus for me today but not until this evening. Having said that, I’ve woken up still feeling full from last nights dinner!

Have a good one everybody 😜

After listening to a radio program, professing that the ONLY way to have HCB was heated in the oven, to get a crispy top and soft middle, I HAD to put the whole half dozen in. Dripping with butter, we thoroughly enjoyed 3 each! Haven’t eaten since and had to take a 2 hour bush hike to justify our gluttony. πŸ™„
    I’m now smoking some ocean trout to have for dinner, cockatoo screeching above. P

There’s another full moon sailing between the clouds tonight, fellow 5:2ers. We live in an awesome universe.

25 degrees in London on 19th April, Amazon? Definitely global warming. A lovely 17 here today, clear skies so gardening, lawns, painting the fence… And the last barbeque of the season to use up the final packet of steak at the bottom of the freezer. Yummy.

OH came home yesterday with 500gm of Easter eggs, drat him. Unfortunately someone has to eat them. And the HCBs have also taken a hit! Perhaps it is a shame that none of us is affected by sugar or wheat πŸ™ or we might be a little more respectful of them.

All this talk of eating bread, chocolate and HCBs is laced with guilt.
    We should know better, as Purple rightly said the other day, life must be lived 🀩

Well that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it πŸ˜†

I’ve just been eating dinner outside, 22 day, howling at the beautiful rising full moon. Btw, the smoked trout was stunning. Soaked the pieces in water, brown sugar and salt for 4 hours, then used a smoke box in the kettle bbq and cooked for 1/2 hour. The flavour was AMAZING! P

Barata, Coast NZ tonight us looking at Rakiura/Stewart Island. It is very tempting to visit! P

Hottest Good Friday in a century here in South Australia and heading for 33 deg today Enjoy the weekend fast friends.
    Peace RT

Wow, RT! πŸ₯΅

It’s a little gem, P. Do come, and take a detour to Wellington (or possibly the Far North).

And another record for global warming, RT – who can possibly deny it? I hope to get out shopping for the week’s provisions shortly before the crowds, with two days when the shops are shut. Then back to painting my fence before the rain comes…

I will stick to your excuse too, Amazon. It’s only once a year. πŸ™‚

And the there’s ANZAC biscuits next Thursday, B πŸ™„

Well I did eat chocolate yesterday – and too much! I made brownies for friends and had to check they were edible…!

The guilt comes from being 2kg over where I want to be. So I have either been consistently overeating slightly or have seriously overindulged on too many occasions. And that begins to sound like life before intermittent fasting?

So today, no ‘treats’, and a fast (so long as I don’t get hijacked by anyone/ thing!).

It’s another beautiful morning here, nice not to have to wrap up to go out to do the hens.

I’m going for a haircut this morning, then some combination of sowing vegetable seeds, weeding, going for a walk, and visiting a friend. Hopefully I won’t be able to hear the HCB!!

Morning/evening all,

Another glorious day here. I’m going to visit my niece and her family so there will be chocolate but not all over my face and I’m hoping that whatever they offer me to go with my cuppa will be something I can resist.

It’s going to be 25C here so I’m planning my walk as my journey home from my niece’s house which will be along the canal towpath. It should have started to cool down by then and there is plenty of shade.

Happy,

I know how you feel. I’m rather more than 2kg above where I want to be and it is very frustrating not be making progress at a faster rate. One consolation is the summer skirt I put on yesterday is much more comfy than it was this time last year so I am going in the right direction.

Maybe I’ll reach goal by the time I’m 70!

We got our exercise catching public transport to meet up with a rally and convoy trying to stop the building of a massive coalmine in Qld. Politics is really heating up here over climate change, with the Federal election only weeks away. With the hot sun beating down on us, as we listened to the speakers, we were completely exhausted by the time we reached home. Just a bowl of homemade soup for dinner and feet up. P

Today is our 6th anniversary since starting 5:2. A lot has happened in that time, but the spin off has been considerable changes in what and how much we eat, and our attitude towards mealtimes. Eating is less of a priority. Takeaway junk food has absolutely no appeal. Fasting is just part of life, but not the rigid regime it was in the initial years. Our weight has risen about 3kg each, but we are still well within healthy range and Mr P is still off all diabetes drugs. We are fit and healthy. Life’s good. P

Hi Purple,

Congratulations to you and Mr P for your ongoing success in remaining slim and healthy.

I ate well over Easter but didn’t go too mad. I had intended to fast yesterday but when I got out of bed I knew it wasn’t going to happen so ate sensibly and today I’m sailing through my FD.

I went to the garden centre this morning for some summer bedding and a few other things I needed.

I came home, lugged two 50 litre sacks of compost up the stairs, through the flat and down the stairs into the garden (thanking myself for working so hard on strengthening my body πŸ’ͺ) and got a few things done before the forecast rain arrived. I then realised I was missing two trays of flowers. I’d left them on top of the front wall πŸ˜†

I’ve decided that’s enough exercise for today. I must be getting wiser as I’m famously good for overdoing it and then not being able to move the following day….

I’ve made a huge shepherds pie with the leftover lamb roast and it’ll do nicely for this week’s FD dinners.

P, your 8 months ahead of me on the 5:2 anniversary, but I’m also 2-3kg up at the moment. Like you, I’m still well within the healthy weight range, so on balance I guess we’re doing OK!

Amazon, my fast day fell over yesterday, I made it to 2.30 then had a little nibble…which opened the floodgates… but like you, I’ve sailed through today. We’d walked 17km on Monday, and I’d eaten a couple of HCB and had pasta for tea, so I guess yesterday was always doomed!

We’ve got another couple of sociable weekends coming up though, so I’m really going to have to knuckle down during the working week.

Well done P and Mr P 6 years is a tribute to the resilience of you guys i personally enjoyed the reference to this way of life because that is exactly what is required to be successful. Find what works for you and just do it…
    RT

And six months ahead of me, P. Great milestone, well done both of you! Shame I can’t say the same about Mr B – he refuses to give up the beer and bread, so no hope for him πŸ™

Maybe when he retires, B?

No. He steadfastly refuses to limit his enjoyment. I will keep the life assurance payments up.

πŸ€”πŸ€¨πŸ€¨πŸ€¨ Methinks, a very poor cjoice!

Hi everyone,

I’ve been doing 5:2 for 6 years too. I originally lost 32kgs and am at present 5kgs above that so there is still work to do as I hadn’t reached my goal weight.
    It remains the most successful method of weight loss for me as I’ve never maintained any loss before and have always managed to end up weighing more than before I started!

My second FD has also been easy and that’s because once again I’ve kept busy and out of the kitchen.

I did some shopping this morning as I needed to stock up on asparagus and strawberries πŸ˜‰
    When I was driving home the heavens opened for about 10 minutes. The rain stopped as abruptly as it started so once home I was able to get out into the garden to finish repotting all the plants in tubs and containers and add the summer bedding I bought yesterday.
    My little patio now looks great. The next job is tidying up the flower beds and then all I need to do is dust off the garden recliner and the mini BBQ in readiness for summer…….

(Actual writings from hospital charts)

1 . The patient refused autopsy.

2. The patient has no previous history of suicides.

3. Patient has left white blood cells at another hospital.

4. She has no rigors or shaking chills, but her husband states she was very hot in bed last night.
    5. Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year.

6 On the second day the knee was better and on the third day it disappeared

7. The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She also appears to be depressed.

8 The patient has been depressed since she began seeing me in 1993.

9. Discharge status: Alive but without permission.

10. Healthy appearing decrepit 66-year old male, mentally alert but forgetful.

11. Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.

12. She is numb from her toes down.

13. While in ER, she was examined, X-rated and sent home.

14. The skin was moist and dry.

15. Occasional, constant infrequent headaches.

16. Patient was alert and unresponsive.

17. Rectal examination revealed a normal size thyroid.

18. She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life, until she got a divorce.

19. I saw your patient today, who is still under our car for physical therapy.

20. Both breasts are equal and reactive to light and accommodation.

Have A Happy Weekend All You beautiful Losers πŸ˜†
    Peace RT

Thanks RT! I can’t pick a favourite, they’re just too good πŸ˜‚

Excellent that you find this wol a great way of managing weight gain, Amazon. As Happy said, years ago, goal isn’t a sunny upland, it is just part of a life long journey. RT’s quote applies too…(to paraphrase) if you have haven’t reached the goal, change the goal. Or something like that. To be able to maintain at a slightly higher level has to be much better than gaining to above your starting weight. And look at the stunning food you get to eat! Well done 😊 P

Purple,

β€˜Goal isn’t a sunny upland’. Unless, we’re talking about Brexit…. 🀣

Oh, I thought Brexit would be a dark, bottomless pit!

I’m with Happy, RT – I can’t pick a favourite! However, having had physio on my knee this morning I thought 6, with a helping of 10. Certainly the pain is disappearing… πŸ™‚ Keep up the good work.

Second glorious autumn day in a row – must get out into the garden. I pulled all my strawberry plants from their pots yesterday (except for one pot – the optimistic plant is still flowering!), in preparation to get rid of the pots. I’m gradually getting ready for the Big Move North!

Me choosing OH, or his lifestyle options, P? Okay, don’t answer that one… At least 5:2 is enabling him to maintain his weight (at about what it was when he started) otherwise he would have continued to balloon.

With cutting down to three days a week work I have had a one-day working week this week, between Easter and Anzac Day. Almost makes me miss it.

Have a great weekend, all. πŸ™‚

Morning/evening all,

A sunny morning here.

Thanks RT πŸ˜†

17 is very worrying 😱

Having done two sessions of gardening with heavy lifting and bending over repeatedly, I was expecting at least a stiff back this morning and was surprised when I got out of bed to discover I’m pain free. I may have given up on the gym but those 4 years have really helped my strength, fitness and flexibility despite the arthritic joints. I also have to say I’m really enjoying my new fitness regime and now have a long list of places to walk so I don’t become bored with the same route.

I’ve been berating myself for a long time for not reaching goal but have come to realise that changing my diet for something much healthier and even more delicious plus maintaining is a good result. However I’m not satisfied and still want to reach goal so FD no 3 is underway.

Have a great weekend everyone 😜

Morning All,
    Sunny here on the South Coast but chilly breeze.
    Yesterday I went to lunch in France, seriously!
    It seemed like a good idea last October when I booked it. We had to get up at 5.30am for coach pick up at 7am, Back Home 9pm last night. Lunch at Cheriennes Restaurant was fabulous with copious amounts of food, wine, fruit drinks that we thought were alcohol free but turned out to be anything but that. No breakfast or dinner but enough calories consumed in the lunch for 2 days I imagine. Main course was healthy just Seabass and veg, no potato. Starter was creamy pasta dish, ate half, irrisistibly good, strawberries for pudding(avoided cream). I transferred to water after two glasses of fruit punch.

Much merriment was had by the 50 retirees attending. Hesdin was the nearest town at which we stopped at to shop in the market. Very quiet at midday, I guess they started early. I bought my grand daughter a wooden train each carriage spelling a letter of her name plus a metre long wooden spoon which I intend to use as a booby prize in a Charity Raffle. It was a huge food market mostly with lots of caged ducks, rabbits, geese, chickens, looking very distressed and squashed together. I am very happy that I rarely eat meat when I see these sights.
    I am not making progress and did in fact have some chocolate on Easter Monday but only a small amount. No HCB’s purchased so resistance to them not an issue.

Having a rest from Gym for this weekend as my dance aerobics teacher is away, I have tried substitutes before but their classes not enjoyable. May do a swim tomorrow if it’s nice again.

Amazon- no progress here either. Just need to keep trying because the alternative is obesity and the health issues associated with that which we know do not lead to a happy life. Not sure what my plan is at the moment but something has to be done to kick start consistent loss on the scales. Weight control is my burden and I am depressed at my own lack of self control.

Daily weighing now essential for me

Jo,

I didn’t say I haven’t made any progress recently. Things are going very well at the moment but I’m over announcing every lost 1lb until it’s been kept off for several months.

When I get past my previous low I might mention it…… πŸ˜‰

I stumbled upon this the other day i know there is not a lot new for us here on the forum however nevertheless i found it interesting from Jason Fung.and sharing is caring
    https://qz.com/1419105/a-diet-guru-explains-why-you-should-eat-dinner-at-2pm/
    RT

Morning/evening all,

RT,

Thanks for the link. I’ve read a bit about Circadian rhythms and not eating late and it all reminds me of the old proverb breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dine like a pauper.

The article in the link rightly points out that some people (like me) aren’t hungry first thing so it’s all about what works for the individual. When I was younger I used to go out for the evening and eat dinner at 11pm then fall into bed and sleep like a log but nowadays if were to eat a large meal late in the evening it would result in no sleep and feeling dreadful the next day.

These days the thought of eating first thing rarely enters my mind and if there is one thing that irritates me it’s people telling me I must eat breakfast as it is important.
    When I was in Africa last September and was asked on the first morning why I wasn’t eating I said that I was rarely hungry first thing and skipping breakfast was an easy method of controlling my weight and that when on holiday I would only eat something if it was an opportunity to sample local cuisine that I wouldn’t get at home.

On FDs I usually have dinner at 4pm and on non FDs it’s rarely later than 6pm unless I’m out.

It’s a sunny but breezy morning here and not too hot which is good news for all those running the London Marathon.

I really admire those who are motivated enough by a cause dear to their hearts to undertake all that training in order to run and raise money.

I shall be keeping an eye on proceedings from the safely of my sofa!

Amazon I am still a big believer in the eat less fast more boat and always experimenting in extended fasting for health benefits and fat loss I prefer zero calorie fast days which again is not new for me but incorporating some 48 72 and 96 hour fasting routines to date and I have no issues with compliance with the longer protocol and I actually prefer although Yfee is not so keen and I quote.
    “well are you eating today or not I can’t keep up with you” said with much love of course πŸ˜‰
    Keep on Keeping On
    Peace RT

Your poor yfee is not alone, RT. We have those conversations too. I have great trouble changing tack when I thought we were eating! πŸ™„πŸ™„

Morning/evening all,

Another beautiful morning so it’s time to get those walking shoes on and get out in the fresh air.

RT, I ask myself that question quite often……….

Hello Fasters,

Hello from French spring. It snowed 2 nights ago, so really not too spring-like at higher altitudes.

The marmottes yesterday were everywhere as they have just woken up. Funny little creatures living at 1500m

I said in my last post that I would not be travelling internationally.
    It was intended, but the border with Andorra looked so inviting, and the petrol so cheap, with our travelling companions we did venture in, though another tempting look at the Spanish border was resisted. We had a lovely trip to the historic city of Carcassonne, and the PyrenΓ©es.
    Holidays are now finished for 4 weeks and the nose to the grindstone while I translate documents into French and prepare the 4000 sq metres of garden we for summer.

And fasting again, I’m happy to get back into a rhythm for 4 weeks until I go back to Italy.
    Happy Fasting,
    Wiwi

So envious of you being within driving distance of so many amazing places, Wi.
    All the best with fasting. P

A nice, calm and respectable lady went into the pharmacy, right up to the pharmacist, looked straight into his eyes, and said, “I would like to buy some cyanide.” The pharmacist asked, “Why in the world do you need cyanide?” The lady replied, “I need it to poison my husband.” The pharmacists eyes got big and he exclaimed, “Lord have mercy! I can’t give you cyanide to kill your husband! That’s against the law! I’ll lose my license! They’ll throw both of us in jail! All kinds of bad things will happen. Absolutely not! You CANNOT have any cyanide!” The lady reached into her purse and pulled out a picture of her husband in bed with the pharmacist’s wife. The pharmacist looked at the picture and replied, “Well now. That’s different. You didn’t tell me you had a prescription.
    A judge was interviewing a woman regarding her pending divorce, and asked, “What are the grounds for your divorce?” She replied, “About four acres and a nice little home in the middle of the property with a stream running by.” “No,” he said, “I mean what is the foundation of this case?” “It is made of concrete, brick and mortar,” she responded. “I mean,” he continued, “What are your relations like?” “I have an aunt and uncle living here in town, and so do my husband’s parents.” He said, “Do you have a real grudge?” “No,” she replied, “We have a two-car carport and have never really needed one.” “Please,” he tried again, “is there any infidelity in your marriage?” “Yes, both my son and daughter have stereo sets. We don’t necessarily like the music, but the answer to your questions is yes.” “Ma’am, does your husband ever beat you up?” “Yes,” she responded, “about twice a week he gets up earlier than I do.” Finally, in frustration, the judge asked, “Lady, why do you want a divorce?” “Oh, I don’t want a divorce,” she replied. “I’ve never wanted a divorce. My husband does. He said he can’t communicate with me!”

Have A Happy Weekend All You beautiful Losers πŸ˜†
    Peace RT

Yes! Good ones, RT, especially the first one.

Another glorious autumn day here in Wellywood, temperatures in the high 13s πŸ™‚ I’m glad to hear it’s been raining in SA, folks there. Hope the temperature has come down a little also.

You may have heard me grumbling over the last year or so about the slow creep of the kgs, even while sticking closely to the 5:2 regime. In my continuous search for the right diet / woe I have come across the Nutrient Optimiser FB group, and have joined their current challenge. The purpose of the plan is to, as the name suggests, optimise your nutrition within your calorie limit, with the focus on micronutrients. It’s early days, but I am down 2kgs! Will keep you posted. It means logging everything I eat (and drink), which gets a bit tiresome, but it is very interesting to track what foods have what benefits (or otherwise), and to aim for a full schedule of 100% micros for the day. My main problem appears to be Vit.D, and getting enough protein.

Greetings, Wi πŸ™‚ Have a great weekend, all.

Morning/evening all,

RT,
    thanks for the Friday funnies, it’s a good way to start the weekend πŸ˜†
    It’s a BH weekend here but alas without the glorious weather we experienced at Easter so anyone attending a BBQ will be huddling over it for warmth!

Barata,
    glad to hear you are making headway at last. Maybe getting all your micronutrients will also improve sleep patterns,

All is going well this week, I’ve been busy in the garden and the alleyway which was very overgrown and it is now possible to walk along it without the feeling one is in the jungle and could do with a machete to hack a path through πŸ˜† The window cleaner will be a very happy man.

I feared all the exercise might turn my thoughts to food but all was well and FD no 3 is underway. I’ve been making most of the English asparagus season, roast, steamed, stir fried, in an omelette. Yesterday it accompanied steamed greens and some lovely sea bass. Today it will be roasted alongside some other veg.

I’m off to the cinema at lunchtime and then going walking if it stays dry.

Have a good weekend everyone 😜

Interesting to note that finally some wonderful beautiful rain fell here over 15 mills yesterday and with another 17 mill forecast for this week good follow up very much needed everywhere. I have been in Adelaide for work this week and some observations in shopping centers and malls etc does confirm that In 2017-18, the Australian Bureau of Statistics’ National Health Survey showed that two thirds (67.0%) of Australian adults were overweight or obese (12.5 million people)what a tragic situation it is..
    RT

We have been visiting rural towns during the last week, RT. Obesity seems to be the norm. πŸ˜₯

I think the statistics in the UK are pretty similar. Shocking that normal is now at least overweight.

I saw a recent report too that half of parents don’t realise their children are overweight. It really has become the norm…

Viewing 50 posts - 5,301 through 5,350 (of 7,277 total)

You must be logged in to reply.