Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

This topic contains 7,125 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  Barata 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 7,277 total)

• Just a quick hello to let you know I have not been abducted by aliens!
    I was away all last week, first half at Lorne then last half Jamieson, wonderfully self indulgent week! Now my iPad has decided to expire, so typing on phone which I find really tiresome. Dear husband bought me a Samsung tablet today, so once I can figure it out you will be hearing more from me!
    Well done to all who are persisting with their healthier lifedespite the temptations of Xmas!
    I did manage to fast really well for 3 days at Jamieson, by only taking salads and some freshly picked cherries (bought on the way)with me….very limited shopping locally. It was amazing, because I knew there was nothing unhealthy to eat, I just did not think about food. I succeeded in reversing the buffet breakfasts and the slap up Italian dinner we enjoyed in Lorne.

Hi Nama,

That’s the way to do it, indulge a little and then fast away any damage πŸ™‚

How inconsiderate of your iPad…..

My fridge is bare apart from some salad leaves and one lonely egg and there are no homemade ready meals in the freezer. I’ve put the Christmas treats in a box at the back of the highest shelf of the tallest cupboard and they aren’t accessible without getting the step ladder out, and I intend to leave them there until Christmas Eve.

I am attempting a food free FD today which should be easier given there is nothing to tempt me lurking in the fridge.

Nama,
    Some days I wish I could be abducted by aliens, perhaps they have have all the answers to being fit and healthy without the constant hard work planning and exercising self control.

It’s a miserable wet day here but at least it was dry for my dog walk, quite mild too.

I loved the flower arranging class yesterday, lots of fun.

Only two more planned Christmas meals out thank goodness, one today and one next week. Fasting going quite well considering challenges. I am enjoying my break from bowls and doing a few different classes at the gym.

I aim to lose one pound this week and one next week before Christmas Day. Get off to a good start.

Amazon- Good plan to hide the Christmas food. I haven’t made or bought any and don’t intend too until 23 rd. Then I am taking a strict list. In fact I may order on line, much safer.
    Have a good day everyone.

Hiya everyone
    Sorry I have been AWL . There has been so much to do since my lovely Dad passed away . I have had POA for about 8 years and yet the still want so many documents to prove who I am . I haven’t been sleeping well as so many things keep going round in my mind . fasting hasn’t been a problem and I am back to my lowest weight ( quite pleased about that though) . Ross wondered if we still wanted to have Christmas day here at ours . Just Jim Ross and me. Yes I want it here as it was my Mams birthday on Christmas day . we can still celebrate their lives . won’t be anything too fancy. Just stew and potatoes ,turnip and sprouts with ice cream and fruit or whatever on top . If it is a nice day we will go for a wee drive as Mam and Dad both loved that . I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas and enjoy it . Christmas day is only ONE day and we are allowed . this will be my 3rd Christmas that I have maintained . . All with the help of you lovely people . You have all helped me through so much

Wee xx

Hi everyone,

It’s been a bit damp here this morning but the cloud is breaking uo and the sun has just put in an appearance.

Wee, lovely to hear from you.
    There is always lots of paperwork at such times however organised we may be and it can be frustrating and worrying.
    Take care of yourself and try to find some time and a method of relaxing of an evening so you can get some decent sleep.

I didn’t manage food free yesterday but my FD was fine and well under 500 calories. I’m fasting again today and have lots of things to do to keep busy.
    I went to the gym this morning, the first time in nearly 3 weeks. It was tough going at first but I persevered and enjoyed it. I’ll go again tomorrow and it should be a bit easier.

I’ve just iced the cakes which didn’t take long as it is my only cheat, ready rolled fondant icing and a few shooting stars cut from the scraps leftover and sprinkled with tiny silver stars and some ready made edible trees, robins etc. They look good if I say so myself πŸ™‚

Gift wrapping is next, something I enjoy doing πŸŽ„πŸŽπŸŽ€

Have a good one everybody 😜

Hello
    A quick hello from Punta Arenas in the far south of Chile. It’s summer here and so cold that a woolly hat, gloves and puffa jacket are necessary.

It is hard to eat properly here and bread is a major food, and very refined flour bread. Veges are not easy to find in restaurants. I feel heady a lot of the time due to fast-burning carbs. I find I can’t face meat here, so cheese which is in such abundance is the source of protein. Altogether that is a bit of a problem.

However it’s a lovely country for travelling in-people, scenery and activities are wonderful. We are off to the famous Torres del Paine national park.

I will catch up with the thread as soon as there is the opportunity.

Wiwi

Well I’ve got all my packages posted, and started on the cards, and sorted Dad out with Xmas goodies, so I’m feeling a bit more relaxed now about the approaching festive season!

Fasting tomorrow. OH is at his Xmas do so it should be a relatively painless fast…until he returns inebriated and silly…! But I get my revenge at the end of the week πŸ˜€

Wiwi, I hear Chile is an interesting country, but know more about the wine than the food πŸ˜€πŸ·

I am very jealous of Wiwi’s vist to Torres del Paine. Patagonia is at the very top of my wish list but it is at the expensive end of the trips I like to do so I need to save up some extra pennies.
    I don’t think they are very hot on veggies in parts of South America. I guess it must be due to the climate/soil etc.
    When I was in Venzuela we often got potatoes,cassava AND rice with our meat!

I’ve wrapped all the presents and that’s everything done πŸ™‚

My FD went well today and I’m very pleased to have gotten through B2B with little effort. I have a big weekend coming up and two social events next week so I need to keep on top of things if I’m going to lose some more weight by the end of the year. I’m aiming for another B2B on Th/F but I’ll allow myself a normal dinner tomorrow and maybe a glass of something seasonal.

A couple of weeks ago my jeans were a bit on the snug side and I was feeling bloated and out of sorts. I realised this afternoon that I feel much better despite the lingering cold and that I have to keep pulling my jeans up so something is happening πŸ˜€
    I also know that my feeling so much better has much to do with being able to go to the gym this morning and am looking forward to going again tomorrow.

Is it really only 12 days until Christmas 😱

On 29/11/16 I went to the Doctor I had been struggling to breathe and I had a terrible cough and I had to have a (puffer) Ventolin inhaler overnight wheezing and puffing coughing etc I was going very rough so I had a check-up with chest x-rays the lot and sure enough I had a bad lung infection slash Pneumonia my BP was 221/150 a red flashing light Doctor put me on tablets as expected I recalled Dr Alan Goldhamer suggested water only fast is the number one health recommendation to quickly reduce BP so this prompted my 7 day trial he suggests usually a longer water only fast 21 days now that’s just not going to happen I was put on BP medication as well so the numbers now are 135/77 was it the meds or was it the water only fasting I hope it was the fasting. Amazon 3 days in I will call it a 4.2kg weight loss and very good work with the jeans you go girl !! no Jo not a PB a little bracket creep πŸ˜₯ so corrective action was required and just a reset refresh in time for the silly season I really enjoyed the challenge.
    β€œRemember that reserve of fat you have on your body already and realise you actually don’t need food, you just want it.”
    Peace RT

Hi RT,

Thanks, I’m a much happier bunny than I was two or three weeks ago as I feel back in the driving seat on the road to goal rather than hanging out in the yo-yo cafΓ© πŸ™‚

I guess you realise that your illness would have meant you were retaining fluid and that would have continued through your recovery. It would be a contributor to your “bracket creep” and is most likely why you dropped so much weight on your fast as you got rid of the excess fluid and evicted a few fat cells.
    I hope you are feeling better as you need to ensure you are fighting fit and at your fighting weight for the silly season πŸ˜‰

Wow RT,
    Good health management. Impressive BP change, well done. Since you hit goal before a PB is not necessary.

Wiwi-Sounds great trip, please take photographs.

Amazon-I usually live in Yoyo Cafe but I have closed the door on it now, lets close it down for good.

Happy-Good to know you are sorted for the feastivities, much harder when you work for a living.

Lunch was good if a little cold, salmon stater and cod main course, no alcohol or pud.

Ha ha ha Jo,

“feastivities”

was it intentional………. πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Hello,
    It’s cold, damp, ugly and I am hungry. In my head I want to Fast by my body not.

RT – hope you get back to “normal” numbers. Numbers tend to vary fro person to person.

Wiwi – Brazilians are not that much interacted to our neighbors. I guess starting with our language. Here in the US people talk about the wine and skiing. Now in the winter I see all the summer fruits coming from there. Patagonia is a luxury that’s be sure.

Wee – glad to hear you are a maintainer besides going thought Dad’s passing.

Guys because we have no date to leave fro here yet there’s no Christmas deco here or there. I don’t really make a big fuzz about Christmas. What amazes me is that another year is gone just like that.
    He well everyone ❀️

Morning/evening all,

HCB, I know how you feel, wanting to fast and your body telling you to eat. I find it harder when the weather is cold and damp. We just have to keep reminding ourselves why we are doing it and that we can eat more tomorrow.

It remains mild here and I can see blue sky, so hopefully it’ll be nice today.

The best news is that my cold has gone and that my knee is fine after yesterday’s workout πŸ™‚

Hi team, no alien abductions from this part of the world either.

My dear aunt died on 1 December, and as next of kin I have been tied up with arranging funeral, gathering family, trying to sort out what to do with her bits and pieces (one of the paintings which was gifted to a local gallery is worth $150K !!, so was glad not to have it in the house, and uninsured, for more than a couple of days). Still need to clear her apartment, get an appraisal of the remaining artworks. Plus lots of other stuff. She died suddenly of a stroke, having been rushed to hospital. So went suddenly, without pain, lucid (trying to answer questions put to her by nursing staff), and surrounded by people trying to help. I want to go that way – at 92 !

Three social events this weekend. Weather ghastly – overnight low of 10 on Monday, gales tomorrow, where’s summer? Sorry, Jo, you might want to reconsider.

Hi all,
    Finally found time to get my new tablet set up, moving from Apple to Android has been a challenge for my brain that prefers routine! I much prefer to type on a small bluetooth keyboard than the desk top PC or the phone, so much happier posting now!

Barata how wonderful for your Aunt to go like that, wouldn’t that be what we all want. Life is so fickle though. Last week I was thinking I was having one of the most self indulgent weeks ever (Mon/Tues/Wed in a lovely beachside hotel at Lorne, eating out etc, then Thurs/Fri/Sat on my own at Jamieson, enjoying the peace of the countryside). Then when I got home my youngest son calmly told me he had been seconds from being killed at work, plus one day later my eldest was hit by a flying bumper bar whilst travelling at 100km/hr on a freeway – luckily he was able to swerve and it just damaged his car bonnet and not his head. It dawned on me how one of my best ever weeks could so easily have been my absolute worst!

Jo I don’t think aliens would have all the answers! I am sorry you find it so demanding to live a healthy lifestyle – perhaps you were tired when you made that comment. I find I have much more energy since losing weight, plus need far less sleep. But I don’t try to cram as much into my days as you do. Tell me to mind my own business, but your list of activities and social events makes me exhausted just reading about them! I find I need regular, quiet, “me time” to be relaxed and happy day to day. My brain seems to need some time-out to process things and contemplate life. I am not suggesting that you are constantly rushing around, but I am not sure how you manage to fit everything in!

Sorry, meant to say Hi to everyone else, especially you Wee. I am pleased you are ok, emotions can be so draining cant they?
    And RT, glad you have the BP down, your GP must have been nervous, that was high! Well done on taking control of your own health! Is there a strong family history of hypertension? I hope you are feeling much better and can breathe again too!
    Amazon, you have the presents wrapped!! That is always a xmas eve job for me, watching the Carols by Candlelight on TV. But I will finish the Sri Lankan cake this week, fruit, nuts etc been macerating for 6 weeks.
    A big shout out to Wiwi too, whatan adventurer you are! Enjoy all that bread that they are forcing you to eat!

Nama,
    All of the presents I am giving will be gone from the house before Christmas Eve and the first one goes on Saturday so they needed to be done. I prefer to wrap them all in one session and when I’m not in a rush which makes it a pleasure rather than a chore.

It has turned into a beautiful day here, 13C with sunshine so after the gym I went out for some fresh air and treated myself to sashimi and sushi which was delicious. I am now stuffed and won’t be eating anything else today and shall spend any spare time polishing my halo πŸ˜‰

Hi Fast Trackers & Welcome New Fasters And Hello World (You All know Who You ARE)
    Hi Amazon no actually I was not aware of any of those details that you speak of so thank you as we live we learn .Hi Nama the boys are indeed lucky we forget that when we get caught up in the hurley burley of living life don’t we? In this neck of the woods a Mum Dad and their 26yo son went fishing in a boat on Monday never to be seen again now deemed lost at sea with debris washed up on shore so tragic for everyone. I have been on BP medication for a long time and foolishly went off them when 1 shed 26kg yes Dr did have a mini melt down with sentences including we will admit you to hospital and you will not be allowed to drive !!
    He certainly had my attention πŸ˜† Thursday lets get our fast on Tuesday it was 38deg here yesterday 20 and today 19 weather gods must be crazy !!!
    β€œThe less you eat the more you lose”
    Peace RT

Did you go back on the BP drugs RT? I did the same, gradually reduced, then stopped. After about a year my BP crept up again, despite maintaining the weightloss and still fasting, so I realise I must take them. Hypertension is called “the silent killer” for a reason. 😐 I’d rather not have a stroke.
    Apparently there are two reasons for it…inherent or lifestyle. If you change the latter and still get higher levels, it’s inherent…need to rechoose your ancestors. πŸ˜‘
    Happy, much cooler, fasting Thursday mate. P

RT, I’m pleased to hear you’re OK now, bit of a scare though! I’ve got the joy of BP issues…together with the rest of middle-aged lady complaints…to look forward to 😳

P, it took me a while to realise that you are happy that the weather is cooler, and not actually directing a comment to me. Me me me 😊

Nama, I’m with you on healthy eating/ lifestyle! I find it hard now to eat unhealthily, and have no stamina for carbs and sweet binges. Who’d have thought it!

I’m just slumped by the fire, comfortably full at the end of a fast day. It’s been hard today, a hungry day, but such a satisfying feeling to have succeeded.

HappyNow, I’m happy it is cooler!!!!
    Keep warm by the fire ☺☺P

Hi everyone,

I’ve been on BP medication for 10 or 11 years and it was creeping up and up before I started 5:2. It is now back down to normal, but not low enough for medication to be decreased let alone stopped. Like Purple, I’d rather take it than have a stroke. My Dad had hypertension so along with that and the familial hypercholesterolaemia I’ve inherited some rather unhealthy genes.

Happy, getting through a FD when you’ve found it tough is great isn’t it πŸ™‚

B2B again for me tomorrow and Friday.

Hi Purple yes i am back on medication now for good i certainly do not want to be a stroke victim either and i agree it is the silent killer IMO unless you have your BP taken regularly it is hard to recognize the symptoms so best for me to remove all doubt and have confidence in knowing i have turned a negative into a positive by being pro active.

Indeed 😊😊

Having been away for a few days, it’s possible I’ve missed a post or two, so apologies if I’m repeating someone else! But I’ve only just seen that Jason Fung (with some other bloke) has a book out dedicated to fasting, The Complete Guide to Fasting, I think.

And yes, Amazon, I’m pleased I stayed strong today πŸ˜€

Morning/evening all,

Happy I’ve not seen a link or any mention of Fung’s new book so here it it

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/10/16/complete-guide-fasting.aspx

I woke early so decided to get up and get moving. It is strange getting up in the dark as I rarely need to these days. I used to leave for work at 7am some time in the dim distant past πŸ˜‰

FD for me today, bring it on πŸ™‚

Hi Amazon,

You are up early! I really struggle with this time of year, it’s just not natural to be awake in the dark let alone get up and start the day.

Thanks for the link. I read some reviews on Amazon, mostly very positive although some people thought the collaboration with the co-author Jimmy Moore was a mistake. I don’t know Mr Moore so will reserve judgement! I haven’t bought it… yet. The book is a bit pricey, especially at this time of year and particularly as I may have bought myself an expensive pair of boots 😡

You’ll get more out of the boots, Happy! You KNOW how to fast already 😊 P

Morning All,
    I used to have issues with high blood pressure before losing weight but keep it under control with daily exercise. It’s one of the reasons I keep active. My version was obviously not the inherited type. I did end up in hospital in Spain once after a nose bleed that would not stop, pretty scary stuff. Now check it every three months, retirement probably helped me, so much less stress.
    Nama- I am laying in bed writing this so my life is not all fast pace. I do average three activities per day but I don’t rush anywhere. Slob out most evenings too. I find dog walking and swimming very relaxing. Also I only do things that I really enjoy, if it stresses me I stop and find something different to do. Can’t say I enjoy housework or cooking much so I divert from these until absolutely essential e.g. Visitors arriving.
    I did a yoga class yesterday but it has left me with low back strain again so I am chilling today. Tidying a few rooms, boring but essential before Xmas.
    My husband has just had a full batch of tests and thankfully all good or normal. He has good genes because he certainly doesn’t have good diet or do any exercise. He is not food obsessed though, usually only eats once per day. I used to moan at him about this but now I have joined him. Life is funny.
    Still resisting those mince pies, it’s getting easier. Weekly weigh ins help me focus.
    Christmas countdown guys

Hi all,
    Jo I am sorry about your back, but glad to hear you are relaxing! Perhaps I just took your comment (about aliens maybe having the secret to a healthy life without all the stress and effort required) too literally. Perhaps you were just meaning it as a throw away line!

Happy, Purple is right about the boots – an absolute necessity!

Great news here, we sold our little country cottage in 3 weeks! Of course I am more sad than ever now, but we thought long and hard about it and got the price we asked, so I can’t complain. Settlement is not till early March so I will be making the most of it till then, as long as its not bushfire weather! The purchasers are keen to look after the garden, so that pleases me too. Now I will have more time to look after my Melbourne garden, two big gardens was just a bit much, even for me! My Christmas lillies are flowering like mad here, the perfume is wonderful.

After swearing (years ago) that I would never cook a turkey again, I weakened today and bought a Turkey Breast to cook for Christmas. Hopefully just this pared down version will be more manageable and I wont dry it out! Really hoping we get a nice sunny day so I can have everyone outside, including the two dogs and toddlers that will be here… one never knows in Melbourne, it could be 12 or 42, all on the same day!

Re BP – I was lucky and chose the right parents so mine is fine, even when I was overweight. Husband very slim, eats healthy food, exercises regularly but needs medication for his. He inherited this from his mother and grandfather and is happy to take medication after seeing their fates. His grandfather died after suffering strokes and his mother refused to see a doctor until it was too late and she ended up with dementia resulting from several “mini strokes” My dear Dad succumbed to prostate cancer aged 90, so I guess I have that to look forward to! On that happy note, I must do some ironing so I can get into the laundry!!

Well done on the sale Nama. You’ll particularly enjoy your last few months of ownership. 😊
    You are lucky if you can control hypertension with weightloss and exercise Jo. Once I realised the improvement I gained was only for about a year, I began to see the medication as an insurance policy.
    I had always had low blood pressure, so was very surprised when, in my 50s, I was diagnosed with high bp. It pays to have regular health checks to monitor health.
    Fireworks banging away about a kilometre from home tonight….in the rain! Schools finish for the year for their long summer holidays tomorrow, so it will be an end of year school function. The weather tonight is so disappointing for them.
    Thursday fast over. Off to bed early. P

Hi again,

I went out to get food for Saturday’s dinner and a few other things plus some other items that I didn’t know I wanted which resulted in spending over Β£100.
    The freezer and store cupboards are now stocked up with (almost) everything I could possibly need/want for quite some time.

I also took the car to be cleaned inside and out as last time I did it I made a terrible job of it πŸ˜‰
    The valeting service is in the corner of the car park at the garden centre so I went inside for a wander round and a coffee. I was looking for some seasonal plant or greenery for inside and everything was either red which I didn’t want or planted in a twee little pot with a Father Christmas or a snowman or even worse a penguin (go figure, they come from the Southern hemisphere not the North Pole :rollseyes: )so can’t be used the rest of the year. I came home empty handed.

Happy, I agree, new boots are essential items and there is no point buying a cheap pair. I paid a small fortune for a pair several years ago and they are still in excellent condition despite being worn often through three or four winters.

Jo, I loathe household chores and put them off until it is absolutely necessary. I did the ironing last night and I’ve just washed the kitchen and bathroom floors and need to get the vacuum cleaner and the polish out as I could write a book in the dust that seems to be everywhere. If you hear swearing sooon it is me cursing the day I bought a glass TV table πŸ˜–

I am trying to pretend that I’m not hungry so I guess I should get busy and take my mind off it.

Ok so today’s dog walk was not relaxing. Both dogs vanished off to attempt to eat food left for the birds by some well meaning person. This of course happened towards the end of an hour walk(back aching even with my Poles) and added a further 30 minutes as it was dumped at the furthest point of the park, dragged them back with leads. I wouldn’t mind but They are muzzled so it’s very difficult for them to eat rubbish found in the park. I actually think all dogs (off lead) should be muzzled for safety of them and everyone else. No such thing as a safe animal.
    Amazon- I put a cloth over my glass coffee table at my flat, what a pain it was before, the dogs loved licking it, gross.
    I bought a very cheap steam cleaner( only Β£30) from Iceland last week. It’s brilliant for hard floors although I don’t think you can use it on laminate. Takes the grease and grime off Lino tiles really well, no back breaking scrubbing.
    My boots have just celebrated 10 years, re-heeled twice, leather still shiny too, wear them right through Autumn, Winter and Spring but I do use wellies for the park and beach.
    Amazon- have you thought of making your own table decoration, my one took minutes, not tacky at all. Just need a bright pot and some soaked sponge stuff(forgotten technical term) greenery from the garden or park, job done, easy!
    PVE- Agree that there is no point taking risks of stroke, BP regular checks essential. We can get them free in Chemists anytime plus they check it every doctors visit.
    Nama- we used to cook our turkey upside down, seemed to stop it drying out, crisp up skin last 15 mins. Vegetarian options this year are goats chees and red onion flan plus lots of roast veggies.
    Fasting today as I broke fast yesterday, wasn’t in the mood, kept it all healthy food though.
    Nama- Most of my lines are ‘throwaway’ you know I am not a deep thinker Ha Ha good news on the sale, enjoy your free time, more swimming less gardening. My swimming stroke is improving by the day, got a reasonable kick now, speeds up the lengths, switched to mostly crawl now my stamina is good. Occasional breast stroke length if my arms ache.

Oasis 🌷🌲🌺🌼❀

Jo,
    I was looking for a small pot or tub planted up with something in flower rather than a table arrangement.

I’ve never cooked a turkey that has been dry but most people tend to pack them full of stuffing and overcook them. It wasn’t until I started cooking them that I realised it wasn’t meant to be dry…..
    A turkey crown joint is much easier and needs very little time compared with a whole bird.

I have Amtico linoleum tiles in the kitchen and vinyl flooring in the bathroom which is the size of a pocket handkerchief πŸ˜‰
    My new mop has bobbles on it which removes anything stubborn easily and it takes 10 minutes to do both floors. The other floors are all laminate and are either dusted or vaccuumed neither of which take long.

Everything is clean and sparkling now including the table but it’ll be dusty again tomorrow πŸ˜†

Hi all
    Going away/out a lot keeps my house clean πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ All I do is spot vacuum, when I get home, the cat fur left where she sleeps. 🐺🐺
    I bought a large glass coffee table about 30 years ago to stop the boys running and jumping in the loungeroom! It didn’t really slow them down, but has never needed more than a quick wipe with a damp cloth. The cat sits on the lower level (covered in art books) to peep through the glass.
    I followed Nigella’s turkey recipe many years ago. It involved soaking in a huge tub of iced water with fruits and spices for a day or so first. It was a really moist turkey. I usually do duck as Mr P loves it. I must do some planning today..having about 30 for salad/bbq food. It’s meant to be casual, but that doesn’t mean I won’t be stressed. πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘
    Two fast days ’til Christmas πŸŽ„πŸŽ„ P

Hi Purple,

Oh to be somewhere with weather that would support a Christmas Day BBQ.

Another FD done and dusted πŸ™‚

I was given an unexpected Christmas present today by my next door neighbour. It is a fine looking bottle of Rioja which I’ll be sampling at the weekend 🍷

I don’t know much about Spanish wines, Amazon. Willing to learn though πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

I love Rioja. It is typically a blend of grapes the most popular being Tempranillo and is oak aged.

I’m not a wine expert but I love it and enjoy a wide variety of different wines from all over the world. I drink more red than white. I’m not fond of whites that have been in oak.

Amazon I also drink a wide variety……usually dry whites in summer, full bodied reds in winter. Don’t like oaky wines….they seem too old fashioned. I try to drink local wines anywhere I go. Must visit Spain… 🍷🍷P

Offensive post reported.

I’m surprised they were able to even register on the forum with that offensive handle.

WOW i have no words for this wohaa at all disappointing !!!
    Moving on I am calling in all gardeners Nama Purple and Bay and the rest of the world
    Can I put my filtered Green Tea leaves and residue coffee plunger left overs straight onto my herb garden and or tomatoes or should I continue to simply add it to my compost heap??

Straight on, but share them around😁😁

Morning All,
    Guess I missed the post, fortunately the administrators are quick to get rid of them.
    RT- my roses get my tea leaves.
    Well yesterday was very productive, my office is very tidy now and my desk clear. I cleared out and shredded lots of paper ready for the recycle bin.
    Today I plan to decorate my 6 foot Christmas tree, beautiful nordic pine which I had delivered last night. My back wouldn’t cope with lifting it into the car myself, fortunately delivery was free.
    Cancelled gym again today in favour of rest (read housework as I am on a roll). More window cleaning to do, I have a lot of them in this house. I have a new cleaning gadget though. It’s a spray bottle, water and vinegar only used, with an attached cloth head and opposite that a wiper blade, love it, very efficient. Must be a year since the interiors were last done, the exteriors are due to be done this weekend so we should have sparkly views for Christmas. Of course just one windy day leaves them covered in salt stains.
    Going to a Christmas Cracker Event today, singing and tea/cakes. Just one small cake for me, no mince pies for me, resistance is not futile, I am over them already. It’s not a fast day but it s my weigh in day tomorrow.

I love the way we are doing similar things across the world. ..we will buy our 6′ Christmas tree from the scouts tomorrow morning!
    Just trialled a cous cous salad, with toasted almonds and marinated figs etc for our Christmas feast. πŸ™‚ P

Morning/evening all,

All this talk of trees has reminded me to give mine some water. It looks so nice with the tiniest of white lights twinkling away.
    I put it in the bay window on 1st December and there were only half a dozen needles on the floor when I cleaned yesterday.The joy having a tree with a root πŸ™‚

Today will be spent in the kitchen preparing the marinade for my jerk ham and BBQ style chicken wings that I’m serving tomorrow, and making the trifle……
    It isn’t Christmas without a trifle and is why today is FD no 4 this week.

The trifle is a mincemeat and orange flour free sponge base topped with a fresh lemon curd and the usual custard and cream. I intend to reduce the sugar in the sponge and the curd so it is really tangy. There will be sugar and lots of fat but it is low carb and therefore must be a health food πŸ˜‰

Have a fab weekend everyone 😜

Oh Amazon. That recipe sounds fabulous! I didn’t realise trifle was a Christmas thing. I did notice there are no brussel sprouts in the Aussie shops today. I loved the ads with little sprouts last year in the UK. P ,:)

Trifle is a Christmas tradition for a lot of people and I didn’t know that until I started watching cookery programmes, I thought it was just my family that loved it πŸ™‚
    I don’t usually bother but as I’m entertaining tomorrow I thought it would be a perfect occasion for one and to serve the ham which will make fabulous leftovers next week. It’ll help me if I spread the treats out as I always want to eat everything at once.
    My Mum always made a very basic trifle with a jam filled Swiss roll, sherry, sliced bananas, custard and cream. It never varied as my Dad loved it.
    I’ve seen some fabulous examples on TV and the one I’m making is my take on a Nigel Slater recipe. It uses the homemade lemon curd rather than jelly which suits me as I don’t care for jelly in or out of trifle.

When I went to primary school I sat at the head of the table in the dining hall and my brother sat at the head of his table directly behind me. Whenever brussel sprouts were on the menu we always had a plateful each as we were not allowed to refuse anything or leave it so the other children who all hated them used to give them all to us.
    When I was in my 20s my Dad admitted that he didn’t like them much but had always eaten them because he would have been in big trouble if he had told his Mum he didn’t want any πŸ˜†

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 7,277 total)

You must be logged in to reply.