Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

This topic contains 7,125 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  Barata 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 7,277 total)

• Thanks Purple,

I’m in a stubborn mood today which will help πŸ™‚

Good Morning,
    It’s very cold here. Not so good for my husband finish some outside work but not a big deal at all. Sasha seems to enjoy the cooler weather.

Jojo sorry to hear about about that dinner specially when you paid for it. I have a skinny vegetarian girlfriend in wich she is never hungry. She eats before she goes out or carries her food around. Unless she knows the restaurant and have always a piece of salmon with salad. That’s it!

Amazon looks like we all reach a plateau sometime. You are doing fine so far. Don’t you think? Your goal is a reasonable and doable one for NY. All the food you cook is delicious btw.

Purple darling you have my goal. For the upcoming year my goal is 5:2, 58kg, toning muscles 3 x week (30 minutes), look at food as something to keep me alive (fuel), don’t drink too much read and learn something new.
    Not doing any extrenious physical activities because of my knees and my back.

The Fast went well yesterday! I need to keep and eye more on the 5 more than the 2 nowadays.

Have a good day Fasters

Yes HCB. It’s always the 5 that’s the problem 😊😊

Purple,
    As I am suceeding with my current plan of 2-3 fast days per week I will stick with it and continue with SW until I leave for NZ. Biggest change that helps is to go 23/1 if eating out, Obviously max 2 courses, no pudding, no alcohol. But I am re- thinking eating out in general next year, I have just withdrawn my name from the monthly luncheon club. I am doing fine at home these days, I cook from scratch and I seem to be in control which is great. I resisted mince pies yesterday and today but had two triangle sandwiches from the buffet, one egg, one tuna- not too sinful considering options. I will need to plan meals very carefully when on holiday and continue fasts.

Amazom-I hope the new plan goes well. It’s so frustrating when you are stuck. Medication always causes me to stop dead or gain but it comes off after the tablets are finished. I have recorded antihistamine, pain killers and anti inflam causing me problems with weight loss. I think you are right about non fast day foods, they need to be satisfying. I usually have eggs or prawns which I love and find satisfying.

Good news is I have 13 requests to join my 6 week Nordic Walking Group I am running for the U3A in April. Hopefully I can get a few of them interested in doing this on a weekly or monthly basis after the course is completed. I am also planning to set up a new course for Ballroom Fitness using my instructor( former dancer) and fitness instructor from my gym. It’s a great workout and you learn to dance, waltz, tango, quick step, jive, salsa, rumba, and other ballroom and latin, transferable skills. U3A have lots of Intellectual Courses but not so many physical. As we know it’s important to do both.

I tried on my pink jeans (size 14) from last year and they fit but sadly have acquired a nasty stain, probably in the wash from a darker colour, such a dissapointment. I have one other pair of trousers in size 14 but they are still too tight for comfort. Give them another half stone off me thinks.

Day off tomorrow, no food thank goodness, no temptation, just water and tea. Hoorah!

Morning/evening all,

I’m feeling pleased with myself this morning as I’ve got through B2B FDs πŸ™‚

I was hoping to go to the gym but my cold doesn’t want to leave so a long walk in the fresh air might be a better idea although I do feel better today after a good night’s sleep.

Jo, if there is one thing I’m sure about it’s that I live to eat rather than eat to live and I have to enjoy what I’m eating or the urge to have something else is difficult to ignore.

I’m not bothered about the scales not moving as I know that I’ve been sticking to the plan apart from Saturday and I compensated by having a half TDEE day on Sunday so it’ll happen eventually.

I am a mince pie snob! I love them but am very fussy. I don’t like sweetened pastry as IMO they are sweet enough and it masks some of the flavour of the mincemeat to which the cynical part of me says that is because the mincemeat isn’t very good, and these days I find commercial mincemeat far too sweet. It makes life easy for me as I rarely eat them unless I’ve made them myself and the same goes for sausage rolls which are so often greasy and filled with tasteless sausagemeat of a dubious standard. I have similar sentiments regarding shop bought Christmas cakes with that lurid yellow marzipan.

Time to get moving,

Have a good one everybody 😜

Hi Amazon
    Like you (and my father) my philosophy has always been to live to eat.
    I can now have my mince pie (and wine), as I did today, guilt free as I know how to compensate. Sounds as if you have that down pat too.
    The 2 proper fasts a week always reset my appetite so that my other 5 days are surprisingly restrained these days, but I still manage some real indulgences without breaking the bank. 😊😊
    Jo, planning is everything. It reduces impulsive, destructive behaviours. Flexibility can still be there, but if you plan a fast, stick to it. If you plan a low eating day and plans change, just be more creative with your food choices, but keep it small. You’ve come too far to slip back. P 😊

Morning all,
    I had to cancel most plans today as I have low back pain. I think it was moving tables and chairs fo our Christmas party yesterday. Next time I will get help to move the larger tables. Nothing serious just a bit of strain. I still managed a short dog walk and am spending the rest of the day clearing out and tidying. Christmas cards arriving now so I must make an effort to get mine done later. I only do a few to family as I donate to Cancer Research instead of giving cards to all and sundry.
    Amazon- I agree good quality food only, preferably home made, less sugar a must. I too ‘live to eat’ the next meal is never far from my thoughts. These days though 95 % of my food and drink is healthy. Those unhealthy treats are no longer a massive temptation. My fight is still ‘portion size’ and ‘eating too fast’ but I am still working on these issues. I don’t think I will be slipping back again because I am controlling non fast days much better since I joined SW. I plan to keep going down until I am satisfied with my weight, then maintain.
    I see another Earthquake has happened in Indonesia- very sad as less than a year since their last one. Warnings don’t seem to be sufficient.
    PVE- yes it’s all about the planning and determination, plus self control. I am still analysing my relationship with food so I can understand how to avoid those self destructive urges which create a cycle of failure and depression.

Good morning,
    The weather here isn’t friendly at all. It’s a rainy December.
    My gym membership is frozen because are getting ready to go to Florida. In a few minutes I’ll jump on my treadmill.
    Last night 12:30 I was awake like an owl! I took one of my husband’s sleeping pill. I am thinking a fell asleep around 2 or god knows when. I am tired and slow.
    Jo pink pants size 14 if I recall is only one size up to your desired goal πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘.
    Tonight we are invited so if I want to be successful fasting tomorrow and see scale results Friday I better focus on “five”.
    Purple thanks for the link! Looks like nowadays more people are talking about the benefits of fasting for the brain πŸ‘
    Have a beautiful day Folks ❀️

Hi again.

Purple,
    I have the theory memorised but the practice needs more work 😫

Jo,

I’m working on self destructive urges by giving myself the third degree when about to eat something for the wrong reason. First of all I remind myself that it’ll make me feel better for about three minutes before I regret eating, followed by a reminder that it won’t improve whatever situation I’m unhappy with. Then I ask myself why I am trying to sabotage my efforts, do I want to be overweight forever or am I scared of being thin?
    Finally I remind myself about the pale pink jeans still waiting to be worn πŸ˜‰
    It doesn’t work every but instances of self sabotage are on the endangered list.

My Christmas cards were posted this morning πŸ™‚

Hi Fast Trackers & Welcome New Fasters And Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Greetings and salutations from an extremely wild wet and windy SA crazy times ahead fast friends on the Eastern Seaboard prepare to batten down the hatches Thursday fast day let’s get our fast on !!! on Tuesday evening I was prepared and ready to eat the cushions off the couch yfee had a slow cook neck lamb chop and onion braise number happening the aroma amazing but I got through that ok with shed loads of water day 4 of the 7 day fast and very refreshed and centred no hungry dragon now the body is an amazing thing 😯 for those looking to advise their Grandchildren into a career suggest Law I needed a document drawn for a Deed of Family Arrangement for Mum’s estate I canvassed 2 Lawyers one was $475ph or the budget group of $395ph it will want to be on quality paper hand written with ink and quill with a hot wax seal for sure πŸ™„
    β€œIt’s is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    Peace RT

RT, well done! The brain is amazing. It seems we all have now experienced the incredible ability to eat nothing and not only survive, but not even feel hungry and then, on the flip side, to eat something and find ourselves overwhelmed with hunger.
    Jo, I also gobble my food. I think it is a result of being the youngest with hungry brothers 😊😊 I haven’t changed that habit, simply increased the amount of leafy veg and added texture to make it chewy. I eat my salads unadulterated (no dressing) so the calories are low, but the quantity high. Flavour comes naturally from the ingredients. As a speed eater, I can be washed ΓΉp before Mr P has finished πŸ™‚
    Happy Thursday fast day. P

Great night at Bridge, My partner and I won all our games, a rarity, especially as we were playing against the instructor.

PVE – I am the youngest of 5 so I can use the same excuse as you. I add Balsamic as a dressing on salad, not keen on it undressed. I made lime and ginger dressing which was interesting too. Interesting how many slimmers at SW report being ‘fast eaters’. We are not giving our body a chance to report back that it is full so we keep shovelling the food in.

Amazon- I often give myself a good talking to but I have discovered that I am not a good listener.

RT- yes I remember Day 3 being the hardest on the extended fast. Good luck with next three days. Tell us what you lose please.

Very successful fast day here plus two room tidy and more importanantly- clean. Tomorrow I tackle my office which is reall grim.

But Jo, if we allocate the appropriate portion of food before we start eating, we won’t overeat, no matter how much we gobble our food.
    Overeating is far more related to misunderstanding the quantity, type and frequency of eating. Learning the reality of just how little food we need was the turning point for me.
    Glad you enjoyed your bridge.
    P 😊

Morning/evening all,

It seems to me that overweight/obese people fall into two categories. Some of us gain weight because we fall into the habit of eating too much and the weight creeps on over the years (often due to following the three meals per day mantra) and some of us overeat for other more deep seated reasons and the result is a bad relationship with food. Greed also plays a part.
    The speed at which we eat is not necessarily related to one or the other. Mothers often eat quickly while they have a chance. I used to eat quickly as a result of meals snatched between emergencies when on call, and it is habit forming so we do it even when we don’t need to. Those who have a bad relationship with food do it for a myriad of reasons depending on what their issues are in the first place. It isn’t one size fits all. We all need to recognise which one of those categories we fall into and work out what we need to do to address the issue which in some cases involves exploring deep rooted issues that we have been burying.

It took me until I gave up work to figure out what my particular problem was and I’ve been working on it ever since. It hasn’t been easy and the job isn’t done yet but here I am nearly four years later, after numerous ups and downs and a recent plateau only 2lbs off my previous lowest πŸ™‚

I’ve taught myself to eat at a slower pace. I sit at the table rather than on the sofa with a tray mindlessly eating while watching TV. I pay full attention to my plate. I put my cutlery down until the mouthful of food has been chewed and swallowed. It works. When I am in company, I pace myself with my fellow diners.
    I’ve always loved food but came to realise that most of the time I ate at such a pace I didn’t have time to enjoy it. I used to be able to continue to eat even when full.
    When I cook for myself there is often enough for two as single portions of so many things are hard to produce and invariably it would all get eaten in one sitting. That doesn’t happen any more and along with fasting that led to a fridge that never seemed to get any emptier. It took a while to adjust what I put in my shopping bag.

I rarely comfort eat these days as I recognise the signs and find something else to do that will lift my spirits but the greed is still there lurking in the background trying to spoil FDs and every other day. It is a constant battle that I am going to win.

Food for thought.

Good on you Amazon. An excellent post.
    We are in the middle of a colossal tropical thunderstorm. Really full on!
    With a fast today. I can’t see me sleeping. ..P

Congratulations, Amazon. πŸŒΊπŸŒΊπŸŒΊπŸŒΊπŸŒΊπŸŒΊβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Thanks, now I need to keep at it.

I’m going to the Kew Christmas event this evening followed by dinner out.
    It’ll be one course and a drink as I want to keep on the straight and narrow and not wake up feeling ravenous tomorrow!

Great post Amazon- enjoy your evening at Kew.

I haven’t addressed eating too fast but I have sorted portion control at home(still some work to do when out for meals). So I will add to my New Year Resolutions- to eat at the same pace as other diners- good idea.

I didn’t eat before bowls today and was ravenous by 3 pm as I fasted yesterday. I had to order a cup of tea rinkside as I had such hunger pains and had finished my bottle of water. Great game, lost but very close throughout.

Greed is definitely a factor for me, I always want more and crave carbs. Why am I not satisfied with a carb free meal? Had king prawn salad today. I would have killed for a chunk of bread and butter but luckily I don’t have bread in the house.

PVE- hope you get some sleep through the storms. We are due some more bad weather soon. The respite has been good and so far December has been mild.
    I can’t wait until I get to NZ and summer. Last year I was sunbathing on Christmas Day, first time ever.

I am delaying tomorrow’s fast as I have three activities tomorrow, busy, busy but all fun. Foreign film in the morning, then lunch at a friends( taking my own) then party with buffet in the evening( doubless very little for vegetarians so shouldn’t be a big issue). I will be on the dance floor anyway.

Another party on Saturday, a friend’s birthday, celebrating 50 years of age. So fasting will be Sunday. Have a good weekend everyone.

RT – assuming you do it, you will, enjoy the break of fast. Congratulations for achieving 7 days, how was it?

Hello
    The day here is cold and cloudy! I was just on the phone with my mother and they are having the worst rainy summer and storms as well there in Brazil … Maybe like your weather pattern there Purple.

RT – you are a hero. I am curious to hear more details about your 7 days Fast. I can’t imagine how delightful it is to re-introduce food back to life again.

Amazon isn’t that amazing it took you four years until you could figure out what really works for you. So glad to hear you are in a much place right now.

Thank God I am Fasting today! Last night we were invited and I won’t deny that I ate a little extra. My last sip of wine was 9pm and that’s when my Fast started. So far I am keeping myself hydrated and going for a walk with my neighbor and Sasha. My dinner will be a little pice of leftover cod fish and grilled asparagus around four.

Talk to you later ❀️

Jo why don’t you just buy one small bread roll and eat it for God’s sake! You have that little potato already once a week don’t you think would it be okay as well?

Hi All thank you for the encouragement all is well the extended fast in short gets better with each day Jojo I started on Monday with last meal Sunday evening today is Friday here the intention was to go through till Monday 3 more days with the evening meal being a celebration or victory either either πŸ˜‰ I had to have a set of blood tests done yesterday and the full figured Woman enquired did I have anything to eat or drink in the last 12 hours other than water ? and what time was my last meal? I told the truth 3 days ago and I am now certified crazy as and mad as a snake πŸ˜† still empowering I will give a snap shot of the experience with numbers on Tuesday
    We do not have to eat all the time, therefore we are free to choose when we eat.
    The difference is between restricting some foods all the time (CER) and restricting all foods some of the time (IER). This is the difference between failure and success.
    Peace RT

RT, you might be as mad as a snake, but it’s a racing snake πŸ˜‰

I remember being lectured by a nurse who weighed at least 250lbs on the risks and implications of becoming diabetic despite my blood test being normal, which she followed up with dietary advice that advocated never going more than three hours without eating………….
    I think that most of them have forgotten every bit of physiology they ever learned during their training.

The Christmas walk at Kew was fabulous. Lots of lights, lasers and displays set up along a designated route through a large section of the gardens which ended with a light show across the lake.
    It was very enjoyable and we followed it up with pizza and cider.
    We won’t talk about the cheesecake…..

Looks like I’m fasting again tomorrow πŸ˜†

Hi RT

Great work. I will be interested in your blood readings. Last time I told the truth to blood collection nurses, they told me to go away and come back after a normal overnight fast. The nurses had been told that any more fasting than 12 hours will skew the results.

What does anyone else think?

Cheers, Bay 🌺🌺🌺

Bay, I read it as RT was interested in what they looked like during a long fast. Normally it would not give you a comparable reading over 12 hours.
    Do you have the colossal winds this morning? Drying up all the good soaking rain of last night. P

Hi Purple

In Brisbane with my mum. All well. 🌺🌺 Temps here ranging from a cool 25 C to a very hot 33C this week, with fabulous thunderstorms each evening. Lots of lightning across the skies followed by rumbling thunder and then deluges of rain in the early hours of the morning. Overcast and sprinkles of rain during the day. Typical sub tropical weather. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Jacarandas in purple bloom, with purple carpets on the ground, creamy white and peach coloured frangipani, red poinciana, orange coral trees all looking lush.

Cheers, Bay πŸŒΊπŸŒΈπŸ’πŸŒΉπŸŒ·πŸŒ΄πŸŒΈπŸŒΈπŸŒ΄πŸŒΊ

Hi Bay
    Your description is the same as here. We are getting classic early summer storms.
    Enjoy your time with your dear mum. P

Bay
    What lovely picture you paint

Reminds me of my visit to Australia at this time last year. I particularly loved Brisbane and the Botanical Gardens, lizards everywhere. The Jacaranda trees are gorgeous.

Morning/evening all,

Bay, your description of the weather and the flowers is fabulous. Thank you for sharing it πŸ™‚
    It is mild and overcast here.

Fasting for 12 hours prior to a blood test negates the effect of the last meal and in a healthy person the result would be within the “normal” range. Anything longer and we are getting into glycogen depletion and the body utilising fat stores. That would give a rise in blood cholesterol levels as it is released from fat cells. Blood glucose levels would be affected but I’m not sure what a blood test would show in a non diabetic, and I’m sure that levels of many other things normally carried in the blood and/or usually stored in fat cells would be “abnormal”

Friday already, where did the week go? Where did 2016 go 😲

Time to get moving,

Have a good weekend everybody 😜

Thanks, Amazon, I love to know why. Cheers, Bay πŸŒΈπŸŒΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ

It’s an educated guess based on my professional knowledge and personal experience so don’t quote me on it πŸ˜‰

FD going well despite Happy trying to scupper it by posting photos of her homemade mince pies on fb πŸ˜‰

I made a tuna and veg stir fry and am feeling very full.
    I hadn’t planned to fast today until I ate dessert last night so thought it would be a good idea to ensure my weight continues to drop.
    Did you know that a whole can of bamboo shoots contains only 20 calories?

The tuna steak was huge so I cut it in half and am planning a take on tuna Niçoise with a mix of hot and cold for my Saturday dinner.

Hi,
    My Fast went well yesterday but since I am trying to get back on track I am not really worrying that the scale didn’t move yet.
    I had I horrible night! At 3:30 i was really awake. Then decided to organize de kitchen and watch the new in Brazil since they were 3 hours ahead of us. I went back to bed… could fall asleep again. So, at 7pm I fell asleep and woke up at 8:30 but was daytime already to be on bed.
    Today I am a little edgy, nervous, hungry … so long I don’t compensate with food tomorrow is another day.
    Meanwhile as I drag myself through the day he house needs some tidying. I got a lot done today. Even Sasha had a bath πŸ‘
    Can Amazon and Happy explain me please what is mincemeat pie. I saw them on Facebook and I am glad they are not in front of me today πŸ˜€
    Xoxo

Hi HCB,

mincemeat is a preserve and is a mixture of sultanas,raisins, dried candied orange and lemon peel, chopped apple, chopped almonds, sugar, zest and juice of oranges and lemons, spices such as nutmeg and cinnamon, a splash of alcohol usually brandy and some fat either suet which is finely chopped beef fat or butter. It is sold in jars and is usually only eaten at Christmas.
    I always make my own as in my opinion it is much nicer.
    Millions of ready made mince pies are sold at this time of year as they are very popular.

Historically long before refrigeration fruits and spices were added to meat to mask the fact that it was spoilt which is why it is called mincemeat.

Evening all,
    Very busy day. Had Mediterranean Pizza at lunchtime party – buffet( pizza was made especially for vegetarians) it was good. Can’t remember the last time I had pizza, possibly over one year ago, maybe longer. Very filling so only meal for me. I decide to miss party tonight, couldn’t face another buffet plus really tired.
    Hope RT has survived his long fast.
    Amazon- still resisting those mince pies but getting really hard, the smell is Devine.

HCB- hard to focus on fasting if you are tired.

Have a great weekend everyone

Morning/evening all,

Jo, I have no problem resisting a mince pie unless it is homemade as most of them are disgustingly sweet IMO. I will never understand why the pastry is so sweet. I found them unpalatable before I started 5:2 and now just the thought of them makes me feel nauseous.

Another FD done and dusted πŸ™‚

I’m going to try to stick to a single meal today as it is working well, but I need to keep busy.

I have been researching stollen and traditional German recipes advise making it two weeks in advance and wrapping it tightly in foil for the flavours to develop and mature, so I put some dried fruit in some rum last night and intend to make two today for Christmas gifts.

I am also going to ice the cakes. That should keep me out of mischief πŸ˜‰

Wee, I’m thinking of you, I hope you are OK.

Good morning All,
    Only 1/2 pound off yesterday but that’s a miracle considering my current socialising level. I am pretty pleased on the whole. Amazon-I ate a tiny piece of chocolate cake birthday last night. It had been made with foraged berries, a labour of love, the cooks description, for her 50 th. It was nice but I can still live without it.

We then did country dancing to a live Folk Band. This was quite amusing as most of the guests were Londoners who had never experienced formation dancing to a caller. I danced with the hosts Italian Cousin, very loud and excitable, lots of fun. Reminded me of Folk Week. Great Party and I caught up with parents from my school, their grown up children and teaching friends from years ago. Most of these were considerably heavier than 5 years ago yet I was considerably lighter, some did not recognise me. I could have danced all night, most of them had to sit down after one dance, sweating and exhausted, yet many are half my age. It felt really good and proves that what we are doing is really worth the effort.

Slimming World was interesting yesterday, big losses for many but very low turnout, maybe less that 20%. One lady got to her goal having lost 4.5 stones. When asked about what she had changed she said ‘everything’ she doesn’t eat anything but healthy food and drink and feels great, she gave up sugar 6 months ago which was her toughest challenge and now doesn’t crave it at all. She eats fish and veg like me so it gives me hope of succeeding. Shining example to the rest of the group of sugar addicted slimmers, most of whom eat SW bars every day.
    The councillor said he was very pleased with the group because some of the groups had produced a net gain this week, already treating themselves for Christmas, it’s nothing for the average ‘slimmer’ to gain between 7-14 lbs between beginning of December and mid January. This reinforces that there is a serious flaw with the group philosophy of encouraging the ‘sweet tooth’ by making chocolate treat bars.
    It’s so sad, it’s like watching junkies desperate for their next fix. SW are acting as Pushers. Luckily some of the better informed slimmers make it through but I wonder about their long term success.
    One sugar addict claimed to be on 5:2 plan, my ears pricked up when she said this. She then explained that she feasts on sugary foods for two days and does SW on the other five. I carefully explained that ‘that is not 5:2 fasting regime’, she was surprised. I explained that her addiction to sugar is the reason for her weight gain. She said ‘ I can’t live without sugar treats’ it’s my only pleasure, I have no life and live alone. It’s heart breaking really. We need a programme on TV weekly to get the message through.
    The weather is bright and clear today, a rare treat. I think I may get my bicycle out and go for a spin.

Have a great day fasters

Morning/evening all,

It is a beautiful day here too lovely blue sky and sunshine after a couple of overcast and damp days.
    I’m going to go out for a walk and make the most of it πŸ™‚

Morning,

Sorry about the mince pies Amazon! They’re in Dad’s freezer now for Christmas, and I’ve got a little mincemeat left, enough to make myself a few. I won’t be having cake or Xmas pudding though as OH not a fan, and there won’t be any tins of chocolates, etc so the odd mince pie will be my Xmas indulgence. And actually not as indulgent as shop bought due to being reduced sugar πŸ˜€

Just about to head home from Wales after a long weekend away. Looking forward to seeing Cumbria again πŸ˜€

Happy,

I was joking. I have to say that talking about food, reading about it or watching a cookery programme on a FD doesn’t usually bother me. I hope you had a good time with your Dad πŸ™‚

It is so mild today in comparison with the frost and bitter winds of last week. It is almost spring like until we get to 3pm when the sun begins to disappear and we are reminded that it is winter.

The stollen worked out well and they are huge. Thank goodness they are gifts.
    I still have a small amount of my delicious homemade marzipan left and am going to make something for myself with it, probably some stollen muffins that can be tucked away in the freezer for days when I fancy a treat.

I didn’t ice the cakes as I got sidetracked by some housework which is unusual for me…….. I want to get them done before next weekend so they have time to dry properly before I give them away.

Sorry, got interrupted.

Maybe the tide is finally turning if such an article appears on the front page of the Sunday Express.

Hi Fast Trackers & Welcome New Fasters And Hello World (You All know Who You ARE)
    Hi All well my father surprised me with a snap and unannounced visit yesterday claiming he had arrived for the Sunday BBQ lunch which of course was not on at all but somehow he convinced his wife it was indeed on πŸ˜† Go Dad so we quickly put one together however so my 7th day of fasting of zero calories was abandoned I have a Dr appointment for a follow up of another medical issue this afternoon and will report back on the bloods tomorrow I found the desire to eat and the hunger dragon after day 4 was simply just not there and the first food was not as pleasurable as you would think either rather like flying for the first time which for me was only 5 years ago from Adelaide to Melbourne it was an ok experience but not as memorable as I had hoped nothing like becoming a father for the first time trust me :shocked:
    My mental clarity intensified (although yfee and boys will question this) I had great energy and less sleep equalled better quality of sleep and better work life balance and tranquillity running on big bowls of Zen and general all round peace love and happiness now for the number crunchers it looks like this.
    Tue -.900
    Wed – 1.2
    Thr -.800
    Fri -1.2
    Sat – 1.3
    Sun – 1.1
    Total 6.5kg
    β€œThe less you eat the more you lose”
    Peace RT

Hi RT,

That is a lot of weight. Could you tell us how much you weigh on Tuesday morning ie after a couple of days of eating. Thanks πŸ™‚

It is amazing how hunger disappears once our body gets used to the idea of no food and switches to fat burning.

Hi RT, Well done. With Dad and the long fast. 🌺🌺

Amazon, Happy, sad to say I ate one of my own cooked mince pies yesterday, and it was disappointing. Have to analyse whether my tastes have changed, or if it was a mediocre batch. My grandmother used to make her own fruit mince with soaked fruit and suet. She then churned it by hand through her meat mincer which was clamped on to the edge of her wooden kitchen table. She also made her own meat mince. She was a great cook.

Home again to blue skies and gentle breezes. Lucky us. Working in garden today.

Cheers, Bay 🌸🌸🌺🌺🌷🌷

HI TR,

Those are some big numbers your losing. Not sure how that’s possible even allowing for lose of water associated with fat?

Hello Gang,

Just wanted to say hi and checking on RT and I am glad he is okay (the pounds 😱 Lost) and e erevyone else is okay as I just went through my emails.
    The holidays is a great time to earn extra money 😻, keeping busy and not thinking about food πŸ˜‡
    I’ll get back to you guys soon… Very busy 😱
    Xoxo

Morning/evening all,

Dull,damp and cold this morning.

It’s Monday so it must be a FD.
    Bring it on πŸ˜‰

RT,
    Well done on the loss, incredible, please advise if this is a new lowest or shifting a gain. On my long fast I regained quickly, within a month, hopefully you will be more able to keep it off. That is almost a stone lost in 6 days, I am doing a three day fast soon, hopefully prevent a gain at Christmas.
    Amazon- ‘the full fat is good’ article is a step in the right direction but the real problem is getting the message across about carbs and sugar. I think the sugar addiction needs to get a higher profile.
    I am really struggling with party foods and drinks at present. Self control is really being tested. Volunteering to drive at every event helps and makes you popular. But I am winning, just!
    Fasting today, lunch out tomorrow, fish on order, no pudding.
    Walking, swimming and dancing planned today plus flower arranging. Crazy!

Any article that makes the front page of a popular Sunday newspaper which highlights how bad a high carb diet is and states that we should be following a more fat based diet is great. If people stop eating food that has had the fat replaced by sugar and other cr*p eg yoghurt it would be a huge step in the right direction.

I am so fortunate that I don’t have many social events planned, I would probably end up eating nothing and drinking too much!

I made some bread yesterday and timed it so it was ready at dinner time, which meant only two slices consumed and the remainder sliced and frozen.
    I won’t be sneaking slices as there is nothing in the cupboard/fridge to put on it at the moment πŸ˜†

Bread-nice thought but that’s all for me until after Christmas. Fasting today and Wed, thurs this week to compensate for meals out in between.
    No baking for me this year. My daughter doesn’t eat mince pies, my husband happy to eat shop. Ought to himself. I have stocked up on clementines.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 7,277 total)

You must be logged in to reply.