Just started 12 month course of steriods

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
Just started 12 month course of steriods

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  salsunshine 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi everyone I have something called Polymyalegia, inflamation in my muscles which was causing me muscular pain and preventing me exercising.
    The only treatment is a decreasing course of steriods. I have been taking them for 8 weeks and already decreased dose by half.
    My major concern is the Dr said I was almost certain to put weight on. Tablet can increase appitite.
    I thought mind over matter I can override this, however I am so hungry!
    He then said another side effect was the redistribtion of body fat, build up around stomach.
    Dr said when you finish (10 months now) you will be able to lose it all and stomach will decrease.
    I an determined I can avoid this with 5 2 in fact I have done 4 3 this week in an effort to kick start.
    Anyone else experience hunger pangs and weight gain through steriods… any help welcome 🙂

I had to take steroids (prednisolone) for Nephrytic syndrome and put on 1 stone over a 2 year period. Warned by everyone that I would, regardless of diet.

My appetite was unreal, and I had to really control what I ate. That coupled with the ‘cushings syndrome’ that made my face swollen, I felt like a blimp.

I’m not sure if the 5:2 route will help to keep this from happening, I hope so.

I have been off the steroids for 18 months now and feel great. I’ve been doing 5:2 since Jan and have dropped half a stone. It’s easy when you get used to it as long as you fill up on the low cal stuff. 100g of spinach is a lot, and it’s hardly any calories. Rice cakes and green tea also help with the pangs.

Wish you luck, hope this has been helpful in some way!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.