June Jumpstart 🔋

This topic contains 214 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  AT 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 230 total)

• Day 12 – Uk 🇬🇧 – NFD – 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

Hi all! I didn’t get a chance to post since Sunday as had a busy day with mum on Sunday – all was well and special times so grateful for that. 💕
    I am now away with work through Wednesday and I just have to go with the flow here…. June was always going to be a hectic month for me so I’m trying to make good choices but in this situation it can be tricky… I’ve tried to cut out many of the common foods (dairy, gluten, etc) that it’s not easy when you are visiting people or travelling to hotels.

@stitchincarol – I hear you!!! It’s tough to get back on track but poca a poca. We are a very small select group this month… hopefully we will see more people in the second half. @dingping @suresh3101 and @sandie_h how are you getting on?
    @funshipfreddie I hope you are feeling better today!
    @daffodil2010 I heard it was another warm humid night last night 🥵 I hope you got some sleep.
    Have a lovely day everyone!

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Second post – correct date! June 13 😂
    I just refreshed my page and see today’s posts but haven’t caught up.
    Hello @lilymartin good to see you back 😄 we need your mojo. I caught it but it’s difficult with all that’s going on in June…. 💥

Day 13 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

No fasting/pocket list yesterday?! On a Monday! I wonder if that’s ever happened before? Maybe when Christmas Day fell on a Monday 😅

@lilymartin – you’re doing great! It must feel good to be just a measly kilo from your goal weight? 🎯 Some good thoughts there re hunger. I’m sure it’s the one thing that puts people off fasting, because it’s such a rare experience these days for most people. As soon as they feel a bit peckish they think they’ll keel over if they don’t have a bite to eat. And eating is comforting too. Get used to the hunger & find something else to do during the skipped mealtimes & voila! The obesity crisis would be a thing of the past. If only it was that simple 😕

@jaifaim – I’m feeling better, thanks! I slept better anyway. The cold isn’t stopping me from doing what I need to do, it’s just lingering enough to be mildly annoying 🤧 Just wondering why you try to avoid dairy? I thought it was a healthy choice, so long as you don’t overdo it or have lactose intolerance? 🐄

Pocket List – Day 13 🍗
    @daffodil2010 – FD keto

Day 13 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 222 lbs. Gotta get out of the 220s, but vacation is this weekend. I think I have to remember it’s summer and the hunger is really thirst.

Pocket List – Day 13 🍗
    @daffodil2010 – FD keto
    @northgeorgia

Day 13-No.VA, USA-FD 800

I am still with you all, weight is stable but at least not increasing! Agree with the idea that hunger is not an emergency…but a lot of my unnecessary eating is not hunger related, I think it is more impulsive “ooh that would be good” type of eating. Having some low calorie things like cut up veg. around dinner time helps stave off some of that for me. Sometimes….
    Pocket list–Day 13
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia
    @excelsior12309

Day 13 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WF – 156.6 (that’s down 0.2)

I did not behave as well as I wanted yesterday (although saying I “wanted” but didn’t is a whole different discussion), but I worked outside from 9am to 3pm, so I burned far more calories than I usually do, so that helped…and my body is whining a great deal this morning from the hard work I put it through yesterday. My yard is gorgeous, however, and the perennial bed in particular looks better than it ever has. I have one more little bed to tend, and I’ve put it off to last because it’ll be a challenge because I’m going to put a large compostable pot with a happy elephant ear in it into the little spot, but first transplant the ground cover that’s there, then put the little coleus plants flanking it. The ground is hard, it’s not particularly pretty looking–it’s not inviting me to plant anything there, LOL! But it’s the first thing I see when I come out of the garage, so I like it to be interesting. That’ll be tomorrow’s job because today I’m staying clean for piano lessons.

And today is a WF. I am a wee bit nervous about it because I’m filled with enough carbs that I’ll probably get quite hungry. But your quote, @lilymartin, is perfect for me today: “Hunger is not an emergency.” Nothing bad is going to happen if you feel hungry a little while and don’t eat. I’m going to hold on to that all day!

@merryapple I’m so sorry about losing your dog, and then to be up .5kg to boot is adding insult to injury. I’m not a dog person, but for our daughter, we got a dog–and I promptly fell in love with her. She had an infection that wasn’t diagnosed or even noticed soon enough and died when she was only 8 and I still weep when I think of her. Dogs/cats/pets fill up big spaces in our lives that we don’t even realize are empty and it hurts when they’re gone and those spaces suddenly show for the empty spaces they are.

@penz You and I are in the same boat of little mojo; I have mojo enough on my WFDs but certainly don’t seem to have any on NFDs. We’re going to have to think ourselves into better behavior!

@daffodil2010 A quilter whose blog I follow is on a trip to Ireland and I’ve been thinking of you daily; here’s today’s post: https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2023/06/all-on-monday-morning.html 😉 You do live in a beautiful country, don’t you?

@jaifaim I’m so glad you had a lovely Sunday with your mum. We went to visit my MIL last week when the kids were all here, and it was astonishing how good she was that day: She recognized us immediately, was thrilled to see us all but especially the toddlers, and remembered things she hasn’t seemed to remember for months–and she didn’t even repeat herself. Amazing day. The good days are indeed treasures, aren’t they?

@funshipfreddie Glad you’re feeling better and the cold is staying mild; I’ll bet it’s all the moving that you’re doing–and you walk a lot also, don’t you? My experience is that when I keep going and am actively busy when a cold starts, it often goes away quickly, and never gets bad.

@northgeorgia You might look for a brand of sparkling water called Spindrift. It satisfies my hunger very well, and is how I end each WFD; it’s just sparkling water with real fruit juice, so it’s not calorie-free, but 8-15 calories never seem significant. If you fall in love with it as I have–I often give myself permission to have a beer…and decide I’d rather have a Spindrift!!!–it may help you stop the snacking cycle that we all experience.

@excelsior12309 Yeah, my eating is seldom hunger-related. I’d never heard of Judith Beck before, but @daffodil2010‘s comment about having her on her kindle made me go look for her on Amazon, and I bought this one: https://www.amazon.com/Beck-Diet-Solution-Weight-Workbook-ebook/dp/B00M70SA1C/ref=sr_1_4?crid=26J3W7O6OJOFV&keywords=Judith+beck&qid=1686667005&s=digital-text&sprefix=judith+beck%2Cdigital-text%2C123&sr=1-4 Perhaps you’ll also benefit from it. We’ll see if I do, LOL!

On a normal Tuesday, my first lesson will be at 10:30, but two of them are cancelled today–it’s summer, after all–so I don’t need to be in Omaha until noon. So I think I’m going to ignore the clutter that needs tidying up and read the Judith Beck book, and see how I can improve my thoughts and reactions to food!

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 14 NFD NZ

@ FunshipFreddie I did do the Monday FD but spat the dummy.
    I’m down 100gm this morning and have printed out a university hospital Mediterranean Diet to have a look at portion sizes. I am trying hard to avoid dieting because of that cycle of deprivation/EFS. Also trying to keep busy on the basis of idle hands…
    @stitchincarol Thank you but it was our friend’s dog that shuffled off. “Yes” to all your thoughts – Mr Mac is still with us! Lovely photos of quilts as well as green fields and sheep!

Onward and downward!

Day 14, FD, AUs

Quick post as I’m out of the office on a 3 day course. They’re not providing catering so I’m using that as the opportunity to do a FD!!

back later

Day 14 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Great start to my Resolve day and got on great. Not an official FD but still continuing with IF and so nothing until my salad at 13.30 then a chicken and chorizo dish already prepared for dinner.

Now I am one of the breakfast lovers out there, usually hungry in the morning, and am so right now, but as Beck says “Hunger is not an emergency”, so loads of liquid and I will be fine in work until lunch.

@jaifaim, wow humidity is 100% I believe so while truly gorgeous and sunny and warm, the humidity is uncomfortable. Not sleeping great with it, and then our birdie friends starting the pre-dawn chorus at 3am! 😄

@stitchincarol, your blogger is in Galway! I went to university there many years ago, the west of Ireland and Connemara is beautiful. I see she is off to Kylemore Abbey next. The photos will be stunning from there I guarantee.

Have a great Wednesday all. Resolve is high. Why do I choose to be fat??? I blemmin well don’t, so let’s kick some butts and take some names!

Day 14 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Atrocious weather here, pouring with rain, 15°C & 55 km/p/h winds 😳 At least I don’t have to venture out & it’s a perfect day to curl up with a book.

@stitchincarol – I spoke too soon. I seem to have developed a chesty cough during the night. I’m not exactly at death’s door though. I agree with you – staying busy seems to be best for speeding up recovery, rather than being inactive & dwelling on the symptoms. But today I’m taking it easy. 🛀

Happy Hump Day! 🐫 🐪

Pocket List – Day 14 🍄
    @penz

Day 14 – USA/GA – OMAD?

Weigh-in: 223 lbs. FD sabotage! I forgot I had a board meeting lunch yesterday, so there goes basically any fasting plans through next Tuesday. Now, it is still possible to make today a FD, but last word was I’m having dinner with some colleagues staying over in town tonight for a Thursday meeting (with a working lunch). So, I’ll pretend I’m having a FD today, and if plans fall through, then so be it. If not, then it can be an OMAD. Truthfully though, my only month of weight loss this year was March, and that was mostly due to patterns from initial grief. Interestingly, a lot of that was from unintentional OMAD or 2MAD as opposed to 5:2. So, maybe a fasting holiday is in order to reset my system. @stitchincarol I will look for that brand the next time I’m in the stores! I have taken to downing a shot of dill pickle juice in the evening for an electrolyte lift on WFDs.

Day 14 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 153.6 (⬇️3lbs)

I was pleasantly startled that my WF had such lovely results. I bought a salad kit yesterday for a Caesar salad, and DH and I will share that for lunch today, and then tonight I’m going out to dinner with three girlfriends. I’m hopeful the salad will control my food desires tonight so that my RESOLVE isn’t overly taxed. A lovely side effect of a WF in the summer is that I didn’t sleep nearly so hot last night as I often do–but it’s 5:49 and I’ve been awake for an hour, so my sleep is still completely messed up.

@merryapple Ahh, I read that poorly…I was surprised that, after hearing about Mr Mac so often, I’d not heard of “your other dog,” and now I understand my confusion.

@penz Oh, how nice to be able to fast while doing a course! Have fun!

@daffodil2010 Yeah, my blogger takes great photos, and I’m really enjoying “taking the trip with her” and seeing all the beauty. Kylemore Abbey is stunning. Have you been there?

@funshipfreddie Oh, serious bummer–chesty coughs are so very miserable. Hot cranberry juice with cinnamon and similar spices is very soothing; perhaps you can pick up some juice and try that.

I started the Judith Beck yesterday, but didn’t get very far because she said I had to commit to everything before going on, and I got stuck at her insistence I exercise. But I know she’s right. I’m still in misery from all my protesting muscles after my big gardening day on Monday (but the garden looks great!!), and I’m certain that if I were in better shape, those 6 hours wouldn’t have had such a huge impact on my body. So I’m working at finding the RESOLVE to get to the gym (it’s all of 4½ blocks away, so distance isn’t even an excuse) before I keep reading.

I got distracted and never got this posted. Have a grand one, everyone!

June 15 FD NZ

Morning all!
    I made a salad for lunch y’day – not my favourite food when it’s 10° and cooked a home-made taco with grated melted cheese on top. Then my friend drop by with two afternoon tea cakes and I just couldn’t say no…
    @stitchincarol Your garden sounds lovely. I must say I find it difficult to contemplate the gym when I could/need to be labouring in the garden…
    @funshipfreddie Tucked up with a book sounds perfect with Booboo🐱as caregiver.
    @daffodil2010 100% humidity sounds awful… we run with high humidity all year round here in Auckland and everything and everyone gets mouldy especially dog feet. I lost a good camera plus lenses because I hadn’t stored them in a low humidity container and the mould etched into the glass.
    @northgeorgia RESOLVE for your OMAD or what ever you choose to do!

Onward and Downward!

Pocket List
    Merry🍏

Day 15 country west Australia NFD
    Usually have FD Mondays and Thursdays but a celebratory morning tea for a colleague leaving work today means I am not even going to try fasting today but will tomorrow.
    Have a good day all.

Day 15 Melbourne, Australia FD 79.5kg

I so did not want to put my weight at the top of the page today. But I need to stay accountable to me. I was not planning on today being a FD but then realized my sister won’t be here until evening so I may as well make the most of it. I am unable to do my usual FD on Saturday as I have too much happening.

Have done a few hours of housework this morning and now I’m off to go for a swim.

Have a good day.

Day 15, NFD, Aus

Again, yesterday’s FD didn’t. But it was an OMAD so maybe ok.

Did you mean “dog feed” @merryapple? Thou mouldy dog feet is very apt for horrid humid weather!

Day 15 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Quick post as morning already flying. Resolve is high, down 2lbs from Tuesday, continuing ZBC and breaking fast with small tuna salad, DH in charge of dinner tonight but it will be pure protein I am sure, keto etc.

Really enjoying this marvellous weather. It’s been weeks now of tempos in the 20’s and unbroken sunshine (mostly) and so warm in the evening, it’s like we swapped with Spain for a while ☺️

@stitchincarol, yes I have been to Kylemore Abbey, it’s a stunning setting. And even more than that, I got one of the assistant head gardeners there started…..I applied to work there for the summer of 2016 when I was in Horticulture college, but didn’t take it up due to it being too far away, I would have had to live locally, if I was young, free and single I definitely would have done it. They asked me could I recommend another of my fellow students, one told me he would love to, and 7 years later he is there, qualified horticulturist, managing the stunning gardens 😀

Amazing the little influences we have go on to great things almost unbeknownst to us.

Have a great Thursday. Resolve!!

Pocket list Day 15
    @daffodil2010
    @malee57

Day 15 – UK – FD

I’m still here……lurking mostly and staying around the top of my maintenance at 59kg…..would dearly love to lose 1-2kg and stay there once more but it does not seem to be happening……

It has been amazingly hot up here in the Lakes and so dry…..all the becks and rivers are either dry or running low but my garden has gone mad……all the old fashioned roses are enjoying the heat and sunshine and blooming.
    No long hikes for me atm but gently early morning wanders……the heat has not stopped my mad fell runner OH – he’s out the house around 8.30 for his 2-3hrs daily fell run but he has admitted that the heat has been draining……

@jaifaim – my friend loved her stay in Honfleur and said the food was sublime
    @stitchincarol – enjoy the time with your DS and DGDs – family time is so precious – no guilt and as you say back on the wagon after they go away – that’s the beauty of this WOL
    @suresh3101 – welcome back – stick with us and you will soon find your 5:2 mojo
    @daffodil2010 – happy belated 56th birthday 🎁🎈
    @merryapple – I love your style re the size of your 🍷 🤣 but I was so sorry to hear about the loss of your Labrador 🐶 Hebe
    @funshipfreddie – I was on that pocket list on Monday and managed to complete a fairly good FD600 – BTW well done you on 8 months + alcohol free!!! Hope that cold and chesty cough eases off soon
    @northgeorgia – you know what you need to do to drop to below that 220 mark – focus and you can achieve it by the end of this June Jumpstart challenge – join me on a focused last 2 weeks???? we can support each other….

Right off to get ready for my Happy Hour Class (Aerobics) expecting to get rather hot and sweaty 🥵 will be doing the class outside in the shade where it should be cooler than the hall we normally use!!!

Adding myself to the pocket list for motivation

Day 15 Pocket List 🎯
    @merryapple
    @malee57
    @daffodil2010
    @at

Day 14 – UK 🇬🇧 – NFD
    Day 15 – Ireland CD – 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅
    Amazingly still in 150s – just… 159.5lbs

Hi all! I didn’t get a chance to post yesterday! What a day ☀️ and again today in Ireland. I’m loving this weather and my plants aren’t doing too badly either @daffodil2010! Wow that’s just brilliant that you referred the gardener to Kylemore Abbey! I love it there! Such a beautiful peaceful spot 🏰.
    Hello @at! I’m so glad your friend had a great time! It’s such a pretty spot on the north coast. I’m joining you and @northgeorgia for 2 weeks of focus as things have been slipping here 😂
    @funshipfreddie yep I was trying to cut many different food groups to try work out what as making me feel so rough… honestly I have a few thoughts on it but I can’t really see a pattern… dairy is generally healthy but I feel more sinusy if I take in a lot of dairy and there was a suggestion that I am intolerant to one of the proteins in milk : casein. But… honestly who knows.. and I’m back to thinking that everything in moderation (except alcohol and sugar neither of which are good for my body.. great for mood though 😂😂) is the way to go… we will see.
    @merryapple that’s really interesting about the humidity in Auckland! I never realised… the things we learn on this forum! Love it!

I’d quite like to be on the pocket list today but I am out tonight with friends and don’t see a FD on the horizon… @malee57 I am in the same boat as you I think… busy times but I’m going to just try and apply myself on the days that I can…

@stitchincarol – I’m so glad you had a lovely time with your MIL – we still have some precious moments with mum where she is present in the here and now… but in the main she thinks she is back in her childhood home… having said that… she still recognises us most of the time (my siblings and grandchildren💕) . We don’t have a lot of chat now as mum is much quieter and quite weak when she is up and about but we love to listen to music with old Irish tunes favoured over anything else. 🎶 music lifts the soul – it really is incredible!

Ok I must dash as have lots to do today but all the best to you all!! Half way though this month already ☀️🏖️☀️

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 15 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

More yucky weather here. At least the wind’s died down. Not raining now, but we’ve got a very foreboding sky. All the excuse I need for another lazy, self-indulgent day 🙂

@stitchincarol – I found some cough mixture I had left from last year’s cold. I also drank lots of rooibos tea, & the cough seems to be gone this morning.

@at – good to know you & @merryapple did a Monday FD. My faith in humanity & the 5:2 WOL is intact 😅

@jaifaim – I get that. My nemesis is artificial sweetener. I just can’t give it up. And from what I’ve been hearing/reading about it, I’d probably be better off just using sugar 🤔

I watched a great movie last night on Netflix – Where the Crawdads Sing – based on the bestselling novel. Definitely worth watching.

The sun is suddenly shining & a big patch of blue sky has appeared, so maybe I can clock up some exercise after all 🚶‍♂️

Sending RESOLVE to the Thursday fasters 💪

Pocket List – Day 15 🎯
    @merry🍏
    @malee57
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @funshipfreddie

Day 15 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 218 lbs. Ha! Dinner plans didn’t come through, so thankfully, I had planned for a FD yesterday “just in case.” And yes, I had my FD! Meeting today, then a mini-vacation through Monday, so I’ll plan to make Tuesday a FD. A final two week focus sounds just great to me!!

Day 15 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500 – 155.6 (⬆️2.0 lbs)

Had a GRAND time with my girlfriends last night, all of us laughing uproarously much of the time…it’s always good to have a night out like that! Thought I’d eaten WAY too much, and then thought about it this morning, and realized it was not actually all that much, except for the little Raspberry Bundt Cake with White Chocolate Frosting one of the gals bought for each of us and gave us as we were standing by our cars saying goodbye. Oh, my WORD, that thing was incredibly good!

And I discovered how I should have treated it if I were thinking like a thin person: one of my friends is 5’2″ and weighs 98 lbs; in our texts after we got home, she said she was looking forward to cake and coffee for breakfast. Huh. Never crossed my mind I should wait before eating it, LOL!

Because all my piano lessons are on Tuesdays for the summer (no school is what allows that, but doesn’t allow it during the school year), I don’t have a built-in WF day on Thursdays, so DH agreed to do a traditional 500 calorie FD on Thursday during the summer. So tonight’s supper will be a salad kit plus a fish filet (swai or tilapia) from the freezer; as a number of you do, I won’t eat until supper, because if I try to spread out the food, I’ll just continue to eat and over do it.

Oh, and DH and I agreed that having a salad for lunch yesterday was lovely, so I’m sure we’ll do that again, perhaps throwing on a bit of protein in hard boiled eggs.

@merryapple I feel the same way about gyms v. yard work, but know with a certainty I would have come out better after Monday’s marathon garden work if I’d been going to the gym and lifting weights, and I certainly won’t have that level of exertion every time I work in the yard, so I’m sadly working myself into returning to the gym. Not my favorite place.

@malee57 Yay you for figuring out in time that you could make today a FD!

@daffodil2010 Oh, how fun that you could have had that job, and did help a friend get it! I’m sure it would have been very rewarding to work in those beautiful gardens!

@at Wow, that’s a LONG run for your OH. How far is he running? Is he taking a break at some point, or really running the whole time? My DH used to run a marathon in 3 hours, so I’m in awe! (And so good to hear from you!)

@jaifaim How lovely that your mum is content to sit and listen to music with you all; I can well imagine what a serene and pleasant time that is!

@funshipfreddie DH and I watch lots of movies in the summer evenings, so I’ll find that soon!

@northgeorgia How lovely that you were able to seize an unexpected FD. And, have you read the Judith Beck books? I chose the workbook (in ebook form, so not as easy to utilize as a print book would be) and thought of you when I read this: “I don’t want other people to be unhappy with me because of the changes I’m making…BUT I’m entitled to do what I need to do to lose weight, as long as I’m not maliciously doing something to make someone else feel bad.” I remember that @i-hate-lettuce always said his wife was a feeder, and I’m thinking your mom is as well, so it will be hard to hold your ground on doing what you need to do to lose weight…but hard is not impossible, to use a quote we’ve all posted frequently.

Pocket List – Day 15 🎯
    @merry🍏
    @malee57
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @funshipfreddie
    @stitchincarol

Another gorgeous day today. Have to work at church this morning, but plan to find a shady spot in the yard that needs work this afternoon; should be lovely!

Day 16 NFD NZ 87.4kg!

Down 1.3kg! Lettuce salad in winter works!
    I did keep trying to stay on the wagon and at last was rewarded. Now onto drop kicking the next kilo into space or wherever they go.
    @jaifaim Listening to Irish songs with your mother made me think of my grandmother and her love of Kenneth McKellar singing Scots songs!
    @at Your morning walks always sound so beautiful.
    @malee57 Love the thought of swimming but it’s 8 degrees here and my swimsuit would pop if I tried it on. Do you swim in the sea or a pool?
    @stitchincarol I know what you mean regarding the gym. I wrestle with returning to the gym but first I need to see a specialist to sort out a rotator cuff injury from 6+ months ago when I stupidly followed a hour of TV yoga which has left me with discomfort and reduced range of movement in my left arm… In words of Homer Simpson “Duhh”
    @funshipfreddie Glad you’re feeling brighter. I don’t use sugar substitutes myself so was curious about them:
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/basics/nutrition-basics/hlv-20049477

Sending RESOLVE to everyone!
    Onward and downward

Day 16 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Resolve still strong and we head to the weekend. Down 2.5lbs, just over 1 kilo since Tuesday morning, so continuing with daily intermittent fasting of 16:8 or 18:6, and watching it over the weekend.

I will join you @at, @jaifaim, @northgeorgia, and anyone else for the second half of June push. Let’s do this.

Day 16 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD 69.1 kg

It’s a lovely, sunny day here, at last. Still cold, but then it is winter. It’s a long weekend here too – today is Youth Day, which commemorates the Soweto uprising of June 16th 1975. Another successful FD yesterday, & it’s good to hear of others making progress & getting their mojo back 💪

@merryapple – thanks for the link. The bottom line seems to be ‘…and if used in moderation, artificial sweeteners can be part of a healthy diet’. I’m not sure why it concerns me. I just don’t like the idea of putting chemicals in my body, but I can’t enjoy tea/coffee unless it’s sweetened. And I like diet soda. I’m at my goal weight, I don’t drink or smoke. I rarely even gamble anymore. But as a wise man once said, “everything will kill you, so choose something fun” 😂 But I can reduce how much sweetener I’m consuming, & I will. By 50%, from today! 🎯

@stitchincarol – I’ve also been considering going back to the gym. I haven’t been to one since pre-Covid. There’s a Virgin Active about 5 km from me. I guess I could walk there & back – that would be a good daily walk & wouldn’t cost me a cent 😅 The guys who run the place are always at the mall, trying to get people signed up. Maybe I should talk to one of them. There’s nothing like signing a new debit-order for motivation 😂

A funny, tongue-in-cheek article from Tom Utley. But, seriously? A ‘plus-size travel influencer’ is campaigning to make airlines offer free extra seats to extra-large people?!
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-12200657/TOM-UTLEY-airlines-free-extra-seat-passengers-fat-sit-one.html

Happy Fri-yay! 🍹

Day 16 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 221 lbs. I’m off to Florida in an hour or two! See you all on Tuesday.

Day 16 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 153.6

It was so lovely to have a normal FD yesterday; I didn’t eat until supper, and then I cooked a piece of tilapia and a piece of swai, each sprinkled with a Mango seasoning salt from Trader Joe’s (DH had one and I had the other), and mixed up a packaged Buffalo Ranch salad. I allowed myself a “dessert” of 15g of almonds with an almond butter coating, and total calories were right around 500. We’ll continue to have regular FD meals on Thursdays during the summer. I’m so TIRED of hovering in the bottom half of the 150s, and would like to make some serious progress, and I’m thinking I should add in a third FD each week…but we/I have so many social things and trips that doing so will be a challenge. So I’m going to have to use self control on NFDs…much discussion with myself about what kind of a woman I am and why can’t I simply call on RESOLVE to accomplish my goals.

@northgeorgia It’s time to revisit our challenge, me to 149 three times in one week and you to 209 three times in one week. We’d both rather be at those weights, right?

@merryapple Congrats on being down!

@daffodil2010 Wow, congrats to you as well on being down, and having serious resolve!

@funshipfreddie It’s so hard to talk myself into the gym, and yet I was absolutely faithful about it, three days a week, for two to three years back in 2013-2015. Dunno what happened to that habit, and now I feel like I don’t even know how to start. Gah.

@northgeorgia Have fun in Florida!

It’s been beautiful weather all week, and today has a good chance of rain this afternoon and evening–that would be even better. Funny how it was transition weather for so long and suddenly we’re in actual summer with no more transition to it, and I didn’t even notice it was happening!

Day 17 NFD NZ
    June’s 2nd 1/2 RESOLVE

I roasted a pumpkin y’day to make pumpkin soup. It smelt a bit strange so I tasted it then had another taste. It was awfully bitter. I googled “bitter tasting pumpkin” thinking it might be old and up came toxic squash syndrome. The nasty taste is due to high levels of a naturally occurring chemical curcurbitacin, designed to keep insects at bay and causes abdominal symptoms (Ds&Vs etc) hair loss and death… Who knew?!

Onward and downward!

Day 16 Ireland NFD – 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅
    Very late check in today… super busy and just sitting down now. As always busy for me means relatively good day food wise.
    I will. Catch up on posts in the morning.
    2nd half begins… All to play for 😂😂
    Two good weeks to make a difference 💪

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 17 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@merryapple – wow?! close call? 😳 I don’t think I’ve ever eaten pumpkin. I’ve been buying a lot of butternut recently. Looks identical to pumpkin though, when it’s chopped up. Maybe I should try it. I’m so unadventurous with food. Butternut & pumpkin both in season now, they’re almost giving it away here.

@stitchincarol, @northgeorgia – I like the sound of that challenge 💪 🎯

10:30 am already & I’ve done nothing. Must get moving.

Have a good weekend everyone 🌤 🌈

Day 17-No. VA, USA-FD 800

Oh, no, yesterday was the dreaded EFS for NO reason day (except excuse of end of hard work week.) Well, back on the wagon today! I am crawling back up!

Day 17 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 154.4

I ended up doing a lot of yard work again yesterday so that kept me busy and out of the kitchen. Sadly, I still managed to do more snacking than I should have. Today I have a 5-hour meeting an hour away, so that will keep me out of the kitchen for snacking.

@merryapple Wow! So much for pumpkin soup, but I’m glad you discovered the problem before you made and ate it!

@jaifaim Aren’t super busy days the best where effortless restrained eating is concerned?

@funshipfreddie Seriously? You’ve never eaten pumpkin? Not pumpkin pie??

@excelsior12309 When I have an EFS, it’s often because I’m searching for the perfect food, and I keep eating until I’ve found what I’m searching for…and I never find it. Was that happening with you, also, that you kept trying to find something that would “satisfy” you, or did you simply have too much of everything? I don’t have any solutions, but it’s interesting to compare notes on what motivates an EFS.

Okay, I know today’s meeting is not jeans-appropriate, but I can’t decide how nicely I should dress, so I’m off to find what fits (👿) and choose something and head on out. Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 17 (almost day 18) country west Australia NFD
    Busy Busy busy as everyone seems to be!!
    Day 16 NFD
    Day 15s FD wasn’t….
    Trying to drink more water but it’s so cold!!!
    Will be a NFD Day 18 then back to normal and a FD on Monday.
    Have a good weekend – what’s left of it.

Day 18 Melbourne, Australia NFD 78.6kg

Still battling the binges but it is calming done. Not up to fasting yet but I will get back there.

Here there are different varieties of pumpkin, including butternut pumpkin. It is the sweetest variety we have and my favourite. @funshipfreddie I wonder if it is the same vegetable. Now I want to make some pumpkin soup. I have never made it with roast pumpkin but am going to try it. We have been having lots of cabbage soup and really enjoying it.

@lilymartin in the cold weather I try to drink lots of hot water. My stomach doesn’t always want to and then I will change to hot herbal tea. I don’t know whether that will help. It also sort of helps keep my wanting to eat under control slightly. My nephew laughs at me and thinks I’m a bit of a nutter. But it helps keep me warm.

Have a good day all.

Day 18 NFD NZ

Just got my bike back – Macintosh’s seat was swaying around on a ride and had lost some screws. But it’s raining and 10° so we’re definitely not going out riding today…
    I’m trying to plan the day’s food. It’s so tempting to eat when it’s cold…
    @funshipfreddie Pumpkin soup has a lovely velvety texture. It’s a real staple here in winter. Chunks of roasted pumpkin are used with risotto and in winter salads. Here’s an article for you
    https://thisnzlife.co.nz/pumpkins-new-superfood/
    @malee57 I love butternut split in half, drizzled with balsamic vinegar and sprinkled brown sugar and roasted!
    @stitchincarol Our pumpkins are much denser and a more concentrated flavour than the USA pumpkins. I have to split my homegrown ones with a tomahawk! I have made Thanksgiving pumpkin pie but the big hit was pumpkin cheesecake.
    @lilymartin Did you get the rain you needed?
    @penz Mouldy feet aka paws. OMAD sounds good to me if it’s working for you.

Weigh in and FD tomorrow
    Onward and downward!

Day 18 country west Australia FD !!! ( well attempted FD )
    I know! I know! There is ‘do’ or ‘not do’ – there is no ‘try’ BUT I am off to church followed by morning tea and the ladies from our church can really cook!!
    Typical country cooks and morning tea is often really fabulous so will have to have my ‘ Won’t Power’ in spades.
    WFH for a few days has me too close to the pantry…. so upping the ante for the second half of June.
    @Malee, I’m not a fn of just hot water but have resorted to a teaspoon of Vegemite in hot water which works.
    Re pumpkin. I grew a lot of butternut pumpkins this year and last 2 days veggies have been an Adam Liaw’s recipe of pumpkin, cauliflower and broccoli baked with a sauce of garlic/chilli yoghurt. Delish and not as heavy as traditional cauli cheese – which I LURVE !!
    Off to freeze in Kirk !! It’s 5.4 C ( feels like 2.6 C) here . Have a good one.

Day 18 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@stitchincarol – Now I think about it, I’m sure I must’ve tried pumpkin pie while I was working on the cruise ships, at either Halloween or Thanksgiving? I guess it can’t have been too memorable. Not the mass-produced cruise ship version anyway. As @malee57 mentioned, in Australia & NZ they call butternut ‘butternut pumpkin’, & from what I’ve read, pumpkin & butternut are very similar anyway, with butternut being a bit sweeter. Key Lime pie was another story though, that’s one pie I could never forget 😋

@merryapple – interesting article about pumpkin! I had no idea it was considered a superfood, & that it may have other yet undiscovered health benefits. I’ve never seen it canned here in SA, but for lazy people like me it can be bought already prepared & chopped up in ready-to-cook bags.

Dr Mosley’s weekly UK Mail column:- https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12204195/DR-MICHAEL-MOSLEY-tips-good-nights-sleep-head-dementia.html?ito=native_share_article-top

Boris Johnson carving out a new career as a columnist? An amusing article about his experience with a new so-called miracle weight-loss drug:- https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12203407/BORIS-JOHNSON-Wonder-drug-hoped-stop-raids-cheddar-chorizo-didnt-work-me.html?ito=native_share_article-top

@lilymartin – joining you for a S🌞nday FD! I hope you managed to resist the morning tea temptations?🤞 Nothing beats Monday morning PFDS 😅

Pocket List – Day 18 🥕
    @lilymartin
    @funshipfreddie

Day 19, FD, Aus

Oh what a start to the working week! I tried one of those online tabata workouts this morning. My young dog thought it was super fun and was dancing around my feet trying to nip my ankles (very typical behaviour for her breed). It reminded me of @funshipfreddie trying to do yoga with BooBoo. And then when I got into the office I realised I’d left my work dress hanging up at home (I commute in my “dog clothes” and then get changed into work attire and heels). So I’m sitting here in jeans and a jumper, covered in dog clothes and desperately hoping my work calendar doesn’t change to include face to face meetings with senior leadership today!

Busy weekend with visiting friends – lots of food and wine and good fun. Back on the wagon today. Really really need to knuckle down as my clothes are getting tighter and tighter and I do NOT want to buy new clothes.

Day19 FD NZ 87.9kg
    RESOLVE to everyone out there!

@Malee I drink hot water on FDs but will try @lilymartin’s Vegemite flavouring. I do also drink miso with hot water.

What can I say… I’m on a FD and here I am looking up Adam Liaw’s website. Thank you @lilymartin. I recall him from Masterchef and it looks like he has gone from strength to strength. What absolutely gorgeous looking food and I’m sure it taste’s even better! I’ll find a recipe to cook.😀
    I have bought an apple corer so I can make old fashioned baked apples. My mother made them stuffed with dates but I might try soaking dried fruit in apple calvados and adding a mix of spice, orange zest and roasted almonds. I have oranges and grapefruit on the fruit trees and making some orange peel to add might be nice.
    I’m on the wagon, planning the day’s food and chugging along and mildly irritated by my slow decline…
    RESOLVE everyone!

Onward and downward!

Pocket List💐
    Merry🍎

Day 21 Ireland CD – 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅
    Hello everyone! Great to see the weekend posts and all the chat about pumpkin and squash – I like them both but prefer butternut squash and roast it with balsamic and bacon 😋

I have another busy week this week so am hoping this will work in my fasting favour… I am out tonight for dinner so will aim for a OMAD and then may try some B2Bs this week… as Monday is usually my first FD when I’m In the zone…. I’m up again after the weekend so….

Again:
    Two good weeks to make a difference 💪. I’m with you for the challenge.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 19 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

@jaifaim, you have me all confused with day 21, it’s only Monday 19th 😆😆

Lovely to see my weight is down after the weekend, only about .2 of a pound, but to be DOWN instead of UP is marvellous!!

Pumpkin and squash…nope, not for me.

@merryapple, how absolutely lovely to have oranges and grapefruit on the fruit trees, something never seen here in Ireland. But have two lemon trees under glass and occasionally they might give me a lemon, but usually not ☺️

Have a great Monday

Day 19 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD 69.6 kg

Weight creeping up, despite a good FD yesterday. Must do better on NFDs; they are NOT feast days.

@penz – 😂 oh no?! Your post made me laugh. I hope you don’t get into any trouble at work?!

@merryapple – those baked apples sound good 😋 I love anything with apple in it, & I eat at least one every day.

Wishing everyone a good last couple of weeks of June Jumpstart🔋& sending RESOLVE to the Monday fasters 💪🎯

Pocket List – Day 19 💐🍏
    @penz
    @merry🍎

Second post! Day 19!!!

Oops so sorry!!! Did I say it was a busy month… 😬

Now where’s my head??? 😜

Day 19 FD country west Australia 81.4 kg
    yesterday’s FD wasn’t sooo bad but not really a FD.
    Went really well until dinner time when I had a ham and cheese toastie because it was SOOOOO cold.
    But today’s FD went really well.
    Drank LITRES of water and had homemade tomato soup for dinner with 2 small carrot sticks, 2 lettuce leaves and 1 teaspoon ( true!!) of sauerkraut. Loving the fermented foods.
    Feeling good but off to bed to stave off the hunger dragons which simply will NOT be drowned in this cold weather. 🐲🐲🐉
    @penz, laughed at your doggy work day ( sorry !!) 😆
    Listening to the Ashes. Pretty evenly balanced at the moment so last day should be a good one.
    @merryapple, I know right ! Who reads recipes on a FD ? You and me !
    And who cooks 3 quiches and an apple pie on a FD? Me, apparently! But not a morsel passed my lips. So am really looking forward to tomorrow!! 🥵
    Here’s to a good push to the end of the month.

2nd Post – Day 19

@lilymartin – well done on a good FD🥇 I hope the scales are kind to you in the morning 🎯

Pocket List – Day 19 💐🍏
    @penz
    @merry🍎
    @lilymartin

Day 19 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – didn’t weigh

Was a lovely weekend, was a busy weekend–both boys were here all day yesterday for Father’s Day–and was a too-much-food weekend.

In a rare instance of brevity, that’s my chatter for today; I’ll be back tomorrow!

Day 20 NFD NZ 88.4kg

Who goes up after a FD??? Well – I made the syrup for the orange peel, squeezed some juice in with it and turned my back. Suddenly I had caramel with orange strips in it so I poured it onto a sweetie tray. I ate half the shards which tasted like a delicious crunchy marmalade while I put the apples together… There are 194 calories in 1/4 cup of sugar…
    @penz Muftiday for a dog charity?😄
    Wow @lilymartin superhuman control💪
    @daffodil2010 I just heard on the news that the sea around you is 3° hotter than normal. Your might be having baby lemons sooner than you thought…
    @funshipfreddie The baked apple was delicious. Using a corer meant the hole wasn’t too big so less stuffing is required.

RESOLVE for today!

Day 20, NFD, Aus

Where oh where is my mojo? Discipline? Will power? Whatever I want to call it.

Again, yesterday’s FD didn’t. I’m donating blood today so I have to eat and soon. I’m not a breakfast person but I need to consume something this morning. Funny how I can’t do a FD at the moment, but the thought of eating in the morning is so off putting.

Very very cold and frosty here this morning, with snow on the distant mountains.

Have a good one everyone!

Day 20 CD country west Australia 80.5 kgs
    @funshipfreddie , Lots of PFDS today as the scales are 900 gms down. 😇
    And yes it probably is mostly water weight with the amount of water I have drunk and the cold weather ensuring super efficient kidneys !!! But hey, I am still very happy.😀😄
    Yesterday’s FD was easier than I had thought possible and I am just glad to be back in the centre of the wagon rather than hanging on by the edge of one fingernail as so often in the past few years.
    The day AFTER a FD and the NFDs are where I have to be REALLY careful not to over indulge.
    Keeping to TDEE can be difficult.🙄
    @penz I am so sorry to her about your struggles with lack of motivation to do a FD. 😢
    Maybe just try to limit what you eat for one meal ? Or cut out eating one thing for just the one day eg half a slice of toast instead of a full slice or whatever it is you choose. Baby steps.
    I am currently having to drink 2 or 3 glasses of cold water before a meal to cut out the roar of the hunger dragons but am persisting because I am SOOOO overweight.
    At least I am no longer obese so that motivates me at present .
    Plus annual blood tests due soon.
    Plus wedding in spring so plenty of motivation here.
    And happy to hold hands/ give away some mojo to those in need.
    I have been in need of both motivation and mojo in the past and you dear people have provided both so I am now happy to return the favour or pass it on. 🤗
    And I just made some pumpkin scones and ate 2 !!!!! 😋 So I will now eat less lunch ……

@merryapple, your unexpected orange bark sounds yummo !!
    Sending lots of good thoughts and motivation to everyone.

Day 20 Ireland FD – 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

Good morning all!
    Ok here we go… this is officially the start of my monumentous mojo 💪💪💪 I must believe it… motivation then action? 💪💪💪
    Last dinner out last night (until next weekend) but a few straight days where I’ll be super busy but nowhere near nice food, kitchens, etc.
    I can feel you are all with me!!! @penz!! 😄 let’s just start with one day – so for you Day 21 tomorrow…. We will feel great on June 30 ☀️

Yes @merryapple the sea feels much warmer right now and we have lots of jellyfish 🪼 already which is not good – they are small but still strike fear in us swimmers! I’ve had a few stings in my time and it’s not pleasant but they won’t keep me out of the water in this beautiful weather. ☀️☀️

Aplolgies for brief check ins…I haven’t read all the posts but will do so later in a break. Sending you all some of my mojo today. 📮 ✉️

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket list day 20 🔋
    @jaifaim

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 230 total)

You must be logged in to reply.