June Jumpstart ๐Ÿ”‹

This topic contains 214 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  AT 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 230 total)

• Day 20 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Both DH and I are suffering with stomach ache and all the joy that brings. Not sure what has brought it on, the Caesar salad Sunday evening? The raw chillis in the salad which were far too hot? Anyway, both of us have sore tums for the past day, so for me it’s an FD to resolve errant tum.

Some family drama also going on, not directly affecting me, but enough to be worried about, that might explain the tum, the stress of it all?

And more changes in work and it’s getting chaotic, so yeah, lots going on, maybe the tum is saying it’s time to RELAX!!!

Hope all of you are doing fine. Let’s do it together for the second half of June. I so want to see below a certain number, I am almost there, but need to see it and consistently soon. Xxxx

Day 20 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@lilymartin – yessss!! ๐Ÿ’ช I think it’s only fair you should round up that 900 g to a kilo ๐ŸŽฏ

@penz – you’re not wrong, so cold?!! And windy & showery. Currently 12 C (feels like 9 C, according to my phone) at 10:40 am. If I didn’t have to feed the cat & collect my washing I think I’d still be under the duvet ๐Ÿฅถ๏ธ Have you read ‘Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones’ by James Clear? I think someone else on the forum mentioned it recently too. It’s a multi-million copy bestseller, & might be just what you need to get your mojo back on track. I’ve only just started reading it though, & my mojo’s okay anyway. But check out the reviews to see what you think…
    https://www.amazon.com/Atomic-Habits-Proven-Build-Break/dp/0735211299 That’s the USA link to Amazon though; the Kindle version is a lot cheaper on the UK site.

Have a great day everyone โ›„๏ธ

Pocket List – Day 20 ๐Ÿ’
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010

Day 20 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 224 lbs and ready to push myself out of the 220s. Back from a vacation that was bittersweet over Father’s Day weekend.

Pocket List โ€“ Day 20 ๐Ÿ’
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia

Day 20 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD – 156.0

Gah on the weight–that’s what happens after a weekend of too much food and a Monday that was controlled but still not as limited as would have helped. Today will help, so I’m hopeful tomorrow’s number is better.

My good news is that I finally got myself to go back to the gym. Dh helped me yesterday with the various machines and which to do and how, and I really was content while we were there–I don’t particularly ENJOY the gym, but I know what happens to my muscles when I go, so I was pleased to be there. My plan is MWF, and I’ll consider adding serious walking into the mix at another time.

Some friends are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary this Sunday, and together with their four daughters, we other three couples are throwing them a surprise dinner party on Sunday. I’m in charge of the menu and of cooking much of it, and another friend–the one with a huge home–is hosting it. My mind is almost completely absorbed in the final plans (still struggling over what recipe to use for the potato dish) and the grocery shopping and the start of preparation. And since I slept late this morning and then it took 35 minutes to water everything in preparation for our scorching day today, I’m out of time…someday I’ll get to read everyone’s posts and chatter back at you!

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 21 NFD NZ 88.4kg

10ยฐ and 80% chance of rain today. I was planning to ride the bike over to the fish shop but will wait to see how the weather pans out. We are renowned for having four seasons in one day but it looks like the odds wonโ€™t be in my favour today.

@funshipfreddie Iโ€™ve never been drawn to self-help books but back in the day I did read Fat is a Feminist Issue. There were a couple of revelations and appropriately (to me) I passed it on to my mother. โ€œWhy did you give this to me to read?โ€ was her response. She was the perfect weight all her life.
    Let us know what you think of Atomic Habits.
    @stitchincarol Well done on rejoining the gym! I need to get back to some proper dinner parties rather than just โ€˜having a friend for dinnerโ€™, the immortal last words from Silence of the Lambsโ€ฆ

RESOLVE to everyone!

Day 21, FD, Aus

Thanks for the encouragement, @lilymartin, @jaifaim and others.

It. Will. Be. A. FD. Today.

Day 21 Country West Australia NFD 81.2 kgs
    The vagaries of the scales !! Ate below TDEE yesterday hopped on the scales looking forward to seeing a lower number and … UP about 800 gms !!๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”
    The graph of my weight loss and gain looks like the Swiss Alps!! โ›ฐUp down up down with no apparent rhyme or reason ( of course there IS a reason but I’m not always sure what it is.)
    @funshipfreddie, I mentioned and am reading Atomic Habits at the moment.
    It’s a good book and I am implementing some of the suggestions.
    It’s the 1%ers that seem to work for me.
    And the house is certainly tidier, I am getting more done and am more productive. BUT being a procrasti-baker ( coined by someone on this forum some time ago) is a habit I am having a lot of difficulty changing!!
    DH loves it when I have a lot of office work to do because he is sure to be on the receiving end of a lot of baking !!๐Ÿ™„
    @jaifaim and @stitchincarol et al glad to see the mojo and resolve kicking in. Let’s all DO this for the last days of June !!
    Onward and DOWNWARD.

Day 21 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD
    Midsummer or Midwinter

Longest day of the year. My app states that the sun officially rises in my little part of the world at 4:56am and sets at 21:58…….however this not accounting for the looooong pre-dawn and also the twilight.

For example, I woke at crazy hour this morning due to the stultifying heat, looked out the front window and saw a lot of brightness in the sky due North. I figured it was 4am….but NO, the clock told me it was only 2:30am, and the light in the sky was equivalent to what we have at 7:30am in winter!!!!

Still have this tummy problem, just a dull pain and ache in the gastro area, reminiscent of the time I was juicing food from the unknownst to me latex family (avacado, celery, apples and others) and as I have a latex intolerance I was slowly poisoning myself ha ha

As DH also has it we must have some gastro bug. Hey ho

I might look up that book @lilymartin and @ funshipfreddie as I try anything to help me on this road. ๐Ÿ˜„

Oh and sad goings on in the hous next door. The family have gone for a weeks holiday since Sunday morning. They are neighbours who “keep themselves to themselves” so we haven’t swapped numbers or anything. We only know they are on holiday as he is slightly friendlier and mentioned to DH they were going camping this week,

aNYWAY…..within an hour of them leaving we saw two fledgling starling birds trying to get out their front room window. They must have come down the chimney!!! Four days later they are still there flapping at the window and cannot get out. Nobody has a number for our neighbours so they can send somebody over. So we can see the windows and presumably the front room getting progressively covered in bird drippings, and assuming no food and drink in there, how long will the little lads last.

It’s so sad to see them thing to get out ๐Ÿ˜ฑ And we cannot do a single thing.
    On that note, cheerio

Day 21-No. VA USA-FD800

Weight is relatively stable, up a few oz and down a few oz. Mojo is somewhat listless. Yesterday was National Doughnut Day. A patient’s grandma brought doughnuts to the office. Hence no change in weight this morning (well at least not up!). Restart today!

Day 21 – Ireland FD – ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธโœ…
    159lbs – not the best FD but have the mojoโ€ฆ

@daffodil2010 Iโ€™m traumatised thinking about the starlingsโ€ฆ. Poor you! And the neighbours when they do get homeโ€ฆ if they die it will be dreadful. And they will need to have the house deep cleaned.

Just checking in quickly โ€ฆ
    I have read Atomic Habitsโ€ฆ itโ€™s on my bedside – itโ€™s a wonderful book.

Longest dayโ€ฆ god it feels like it ๐Ÿฅฑ๐Ÿ™ƒ

๐Ÿ”‹๐Ÿ”‹๐Ÿ”‹๐Ÿ”‹๐Ÿ”‹๐Ÿ”‹

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 21 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Oops?! Forgot to check in this morning. I woke up late, much to the cat’s disgust. And then had to rush off to, ahem, line-dancing ๐Ÿ™„

Atrocious weather. Three weeks into winter & I’m so over it already.

FD tomorrow for me. RESOLVE people! It’s only food, right? ๐ŸŽฏ

Pocket List – Day 21 ๐Ÿ‹
    @penz
    @excelsior12309 FD800
    @jaifaim

Day22 FD NZ Winter Solstice 02.57am

@daffodil2010 Cannot the SPCA and the police break into the house to rescue the birds when it is life threatening?
    @funshipfreddie Have you invested in cowboy boots and a Stetson yet? I used to do Western riding in the USA in the 1980s and have the gear – black satin shirt with turquoise tassels, boots, spurs, boot leg jeans and a black Stetson (no chaps!).
    Yesterday was going OK but in the evening I was tidying up the kitchen and started to descend into an EFS. Just managed to pull myself backโ€ฆ
    Luckily itโ€™s a FD for me today.

Pocket List
    Merry๐ŸŽ

Day 22, NFD, Aus

PFDS! WFD too. I was so tempted last night but kept focusing on the fact that Thursday morning-me would be so disappointed in Wednesday evening-me that I stayed the path. Of course, I expect that the scales will cooperate and drop 5kg over night but I know that wonโ€™t happen.

Shortest day of the year yesterday, @daffodil2010. Ironically, here in Canberra that means, that while the days slowly get longer, the temperature continues to dip as it takes some time for the earth to begin to warm up again. Cross fingers you and Mr Daffodil2010 are on the road to recovery.

And how was the line dancing, @funshipfreddie? You didnโ€™t say!

Day 22 – Ireland FD – ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธโœ…
    159lbs

@daffodil2010 sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I have the same intolerance so know that feeling all too well but has been a good while since I felt itโ€ฆ I cannot wear latex gloves thoughโ€ฆ ughโ€ฆ makes me feel nauseous! I hope everything is ok with familyโ€ฆ stress wonโ€™t help.๐Ÿ’•
    @funshipfreddie itโ€™s rare that you donโ€™t postโ€ฆ. Must be all that dancing getting to you ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ hope you had fun!
    @excelsior12309 you are here ๐Ÿ’ช thatโ€™s a winโ€ฆ And @penz your FD went better than mineโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ‘ bravo bravo bravo! Iโ€™m Going Again Today ๐Ÿ’ช
    @lilymartin I am forming a nice looking mountain range graphic too! Still in the 150s which is good but need to see goal again ๐Ÿฅ….
    @stitchincarol sounds like you have a fun and busy weekend coming up! Hope you were not baked there yesterday in the heat. It was fabulous here โ˜€๏ธ

@merryapple that outfit sound just amazing! ๐Ÿค 

@northgeorgia Itโ€™s interesting that we all seem to celebrate Fatherโ€™s Day on the same date but not Motherโ€™s Dayโ€ฆ ๐Ÿค” I was away adventuring with friends and thought of my dad who we miss since 2020 ๐Ÿ’•. Some days are harder than others but itโ€™s wonderful to have loved them and been loved by them ๐Ÿ’•

Hugs and strength to all and letโ€™s smash just this dayโ€ฆ.

Pocket list day 22 ๐Ÿ”‹
    @merryapple
    @jaifaim

Day 22 – Irekand ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Great news birdwatchers!!!!

Birds are saved!! My neighbours came home early from their camping trip and released the birds!! They have some deep cleaning to do, but the birds are safe!!! Yay!!!

Never so happy to see my neighbours ๐Ÿ˜„

I also hit below that number I have been trying to get below for months. Now to keep it constant.

Got to fly. Have a scan at 830 and need to drink 1.5l water now in preparation.

Until tomorrow.

Day 22 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

I’ve been sleeping so well?! Not that I was sleeping poorly before. I don’t go to bed that late, but I’m usually awake around 7 am or not much later. This week I’ve been waking up after 8 am almost every day, & my sleep scores have rocketed. I wondered if the artificial sweetener had anything to do with it, because I’ve reduced my consumption by half. I googled it, & I just saw this, from a study done on animals (not that I condone experimenting on animals!) โ€œIn our system, a chronic diet with artificial sweetener puts animals in a fasting state. When animals are hungry, sleep quality is impaired because their bodies are receiving messages from the brain that they have not eaten enough and should spend more awake time looking for food. Researchers recommend that individuals consume sucralose with moderation to avoid weight gain and sleepless nights.”

@penz & @jaifaim – the line-dancing was okay. I was marginally better than the last time. There was a new person there who was so bad I looked like John Travolta next to her. I hope she comes back ๐Ÿ˜…

@daffodil2010 – Yay for the starlings! I hope these poor guys trapped in the mini-sub are as lucky. I just heard they’re going to run out of oxygen any minute. Can’t imagine the horror; one of them is only a teenager. ๐Ÿ˜’

@merryapple – I’d be happy to wear a Stetson! And I’ve got jeans. The cowboy boots though? Sounds expensive ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Great to hear of progress being made, mojo returning. @penz, @daffodil2010 ๐Ÿ’ช ๐ŸŽฏ

“The bottom line is – if you want to be successful, start by repetition. Itโ€™s a must, and thereโ€™s no way around it. So, find something that works and keep doing it until it becomes a habit. Then, and only then, will success be yours.” ~ Grant Cardone

Pocket List – Day 22 ๐Ÿ”‹ ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿ„
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie

Day23 NFD NZ 87.3kg

Good result! My graph looks like ric rac at present.
    More pouring rain and thunderstorms today and heavy rain warnings issued for the next three days. Everything is mouldy inside and out. Iโ€™ll have to do the biggest spring clean of my life when it warms upโ€ฆ
    @daffodil2010 What a relief about the birds. Maybe it will bring the neighbours together??? Hope your test results are good and you are feeling better
    @funshipfreddie Thatโ€™s fascinating research and if it solves your sleeplessness, perfect! As to the boots – not everyone has handmade crocodile or lizard leather boots! Mine were way cheaper (than anything in Harrods or Selfridges). The trick is to find cowboy work boots. The upside is the heels adds an inch or two to your height. The downside side is spending half an hour to get them off if you donโ€™t have a boot jack.

RESOLVE to one and all!

Day 23, NFD, Aus

Fri-yay!

yay for the birds and your new number, @daffodil2010. Have your neighbours now shared contact information?

@merryapple: ric rac? That’s a new one to me. (But I love google. I know the answer now – that kind of pattern on a scale is surely better than the coastline indentation of Norwegian fjords!)

have a great weekend, everyone.

Day 23 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Yay, a good FD and today’s weigh in shows me down 1.8lb since last Friday, and nearly 5Lb in less than two weeks ๐Ÿ’ƒ Seeing the lower decade on my scales really helped the mojo, and as it dropped again today the determination is to keep it heading south.

DH is away with his friends this weekend so I have blessed free time to do nothing and I sooooo look forward to that.

@penz and @merryapple @funshipfreddie, so happy about the starlings. It was like a live horror movie going on next door but thank goodness for monsoon like rain in Achill Island which forced our neighbours to abandon their camping and come home early ๐Ÿ˜†

We will have to swap numbers, if it was any other near neighbour we could have got in touch. I “keep myself to myself” but you do need contact with neighbours!!

Laughing at the cowboy boots @merry apple, I would never have known the problems with them!

Tum problems are gone, I Popped some acidophilus from Wednesday and it seems to have solved the gut problem. Great little things for gut bacteria. DH didn’t, and still was suffering, even got a bad migraine Wednesday night, very strange bug we had.

Have a great weekend all. It’s very quiet, but sure hope all doing well. My mojo is back after a long hiatus so that’s good.

Day 23 – Ireland CD – ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธโœ…
    158lbs

Slowly edging back down. One more week gang!!! I cannot believe how quickly this month has gone ๐ŸŽ๏ธ.

Great to see the mojo returning for so many of you! ๐ŸŽฏ
    Mine is back butโ€ฆ Iโ€™m not applying myself all the time – does that make sense? Still making some silly choices but โ€ฆ mostly good choices.
    @excelsior12309 Iโ€™m glad I didnโ€™t know about doughnut dayโ€ฆ๐Ÿ˜‚

Wow that was fortuitous @daffodil2010 as there hasnโ€™t been a huge amount of rain so very very lucky. Iโ€™ve been in a house when I was very young where a bird died and I canโ€™t even think about the smell without retching ๐Ÿคฎ. Terrible! So so glad it all worked out!
    @merryapple I love cowboy boots and have a few pairs but no where near as fancy as yours ๐Ÿ‘ข๐Ÿ’•. Should I mention now that I actually have chaps.. bought for the motorbike rather than horse riding ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    @penz thanks for looking that up! I never knew that term and youโ€™ve reminded me of my trip to Norway this time last year – such a fab trip ๐Ÿšข ah the memoriesโ€ฆ but again how fast has this year gone?
    @lilymartin โฌ‡๏ธ๐Ÿ‘โฌ‡๏ธ

@funshipfreddie I have always been wary of sweetenersโ€ฆ a girl
    I knew did all the diets under the sun and was super slim but drank diet drinks and could never shift the roll around her tumโ€ฆ she gave them up after trying everything else and bingoโ€ฆ concave tum! I donโ€™t like the taste of sweeteners either so that helpsโ€ฆ the only problem is it is hard to find nice cordials now without sweeteners.

Hi to everyone else out thereโ€ฆ. I know some of you are there reading but not postingโ€ฆ I do hope you are all ok as we head into the final week of June. Letโ€™s give that old battery one more little jumpstart and have a good light roll into July ๐Ÿ”‹

Be well all!

Day 23 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD 69.1

Friday morning PFDS! ๐Ÿฅณ๏ธ And my weight is exactly the same as it was this time last week. I felt like I’d had a lazy, inactive day, so last night I was surprised to see I’d clocked up 11,300 steps. I hope all of yesterday’s fasters are smiling this morning ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@merryapple – do you think wellies would do the trick? ๐Ÿ˜‚ Do you call them wellies in NZ? I don’t even like buying shoes. I’ve got clown feet; finding a size 11 or bigger has always been a pain. I always feel a bit self-conscious when I have to ask an assistant for a bigger size than the one on display. I think my house slippers are a 12. And an inch or so higher I definitely don’t need, at 1.8 m!

@daffodil2010 – Well done on the nearly 5 lb down! ๐ŸŽฏ One of the pluses of living in a retirement village – we have internal phones & a private exchange system. So every house has a 4 digit number for calling neighbours. Although it’s not much use if you’re not home. We have Whatsapp groups too though, which is even better.

@jaifaim – I wish I didn’t like the taste of sweeteners. My parents always used Hermesetas (saccharin?) in tea/coffee, & I thought that was revolting. My poison of choice is sucralose/Splenda. It’s supposed to be 600 times sweeter than sugar. I tried Stevia, because that’s supposed to be healthier, but I didn’t like it. At least I’m down to one tiny pill instead of two. And I’m still on diet soda, but reducing that too. And I’m the same weight I was 35 years ago, so I’m doing something right ๐Ÿ˜‡

This is interesting. New warning labels on alcohol to be introduced in Ireland in the next few years. The beginning of the end for the alcohol industry…? https://www.timeslive.co.za/sunday-times/lifestyle/2023-06-19-cancer-warnings-on-beer-wine-in-ireland-spark-industry-alarm/

Wishing everyone a happy Fri-yay, & a mindful, controlled weekend ๐Ÿน

Hey, have you noticed the silence from the States? We couldn’t log in!! The site had a message of not being reachable, and we were flat out of luck…or, at least, I’m assuming that’s why @northgeorgia and @excelsior12309 also have not posted. I was thankful that I always have the button clicked to get emails from the group, so I could at least read the chatter even though I couldn’t reply to any of it. I’m so glad to be back; my morning routine feels actually quite ruined when I can’t chat with my Forum friends!

Day 23 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

I started out with the plan of FD500 yesterday, and ended up far past that…I’m not even sure what busted my RESOLVE. Thankfully, it wasn’t an EFS, but merely an NFD. Today, I’ve been out in the yard for the last two hours, getting the last of the planting done (a couple things I’ve been procrastinating on and a couple of things I couldn’t resist at the plant store and found a place to tuck), so I’ve burned those calories and had a lovely time. I always chuckle that if you were to suggest I spend two hours in my house tidying and putting away, I’d say I had better things to do; spending two hours in my yard tidying and putting away (or whatever the comparable language would be) is great fun for me and something I’m happy to do! ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜‚

Today is my weekly Zoom call with my three sisters, and then I drive in to Omaha where I’m helping at the quilt guild quilt show; helping will be fun and looking at all the quilts will be glorious. I had several entered last year, but have quilted almost not at all this year so had nothing to enter. Next year.

The big news is that I went to the gym and did weights on Monday and again on Wednesday. I didn’t go this morning because I really wanted to get the gardening finished up, so I’ll go tomorrow morning. It’s dangerous to put it off a day, because that’s setting a precedent, but I’m quite determined to keep to my three-days-a-week routine that I’ve begun, so I’m confident I’ll get there.

And here’s a recipe I tried and absolutely adore: https://pinchofyum.com/cucumber-agua-fresca?utm_source=convertkit&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=I%E2%80%99ve+Made+This+5x+in+the+Last+2+Weeks+%F0%9F%98%8B%20-%2011038784 I chose to use fresh mint (not basil) and fresh ginger (not lemongrass) and think this is a perfect summer beverage. I’m not sure how it will work for those of you in winter, but you’ll want it in your own summer, I can assure you!

Okay, I’m quitting here because I have to get ready for the call. OH, but it’s good to be back!

Day 23 – USA/GA – NFD

Yep, I’ve been locked out for three days or so. Happy to see we Americans can participate again! Not sure what happened, but hey ho.

Weighed in at 218 today, so that was nice. Haven’t been too “bad” today, but will probably be in the low 220s again tomorrow and this weekend. I decided to do beans in the crockpot this morning while at work, and even my nephew and niece had some! Still, planning my next FD on Sunday and working on getting back to the 210s and 200s.

Day 24 NFD NZ
    Canโ€™t postโ€ฆ
    Will try again

Day 24 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Awake at 4am with the heat so got busy, and here I am at 8am with the gardening done, my walk over and done with, final stage of holiday sorted, various bits and bobs completed. And fixings for tonight’s meal already cooking in advance.

My plan to do nothing while DH was away isn’t working ha ha ๐Ÿ˜†

I have to buy him his birthday present today (it’s the 29th), do some food shopping, and then I will relax for the rest of the weekend in this lovely sunshine. It has been a magical June weather wise in Ireland.

Woke to same weight as yesterday so yay!!!

Interesting article @funshipfreddie, and having worked for a large multinational drinks company based in Ireland, I am sure that legislation is causing huge headaches. But those who want to drink, will drink, despite what’s on the can or bottle, that’s my opinion anyway.

Welcome back US posters, it was super quiet without you. @stitchincarol that aqua Fresca looks amazing, but I would have to physce myself up to dig out the juicer again, (after my latex food allergy juicing debacle two years ago ๐Ÿ˜„)

Have a lovely Saturday. I sure intend to. ZBC ( which is hard at the weekend), eggs and mushrooms for lunch, and chicken with white beans and a green veg for dinner. There will be wine ๐Ÿท

Day 24 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@stitchincarol, @northgeorgia – crikey? It never occurred to me that you’d been locked out? I know it sometimes happens to individuals; didn’t think an entire nation could be locked out. Good to see you back! It was quiet here this morning; maybe the Aussies have been locked out now ๐Ÿค” Well done on getting back to the gym! ๐Ÿ‹๏ธโ€โ™€๏ธ

@daffodil2010 – 4 am?! I’d be a wreck. I hope you can squeeze in a siesta sometime this afternoon. I’m sure you’re right – those who want to drink will drink – but there’s been a sort of collective mind-shift re alcohol for a while now. Especially with younger people. And the surge of non-alcoholic drinks, mock-tails, & juice bars everywhere. The ‘sober curious movement’ I think they call it. To see someone smoking now, it’s just weird. And yet not too long ago people smoked everywhere, even on public transport & in cinemas. In New Zealand anyone born on or after 1st Jan 2009 will never be permitted to buy any tobacco products. Not legally anyway. ๐Ÿšญ According to the WHO, 3 million deaths every year result from harmful use of alcohol. That’s 5.3% of all deaths. In younger people aged 20 – 39 it’s 13.5%.

@northgeorgia – planning to join you on the list tomorrow ๐Ÿ’ช

One more week of June Jumpstart ๐Ÿ”‹- lets make it count! ๐ŸŽฏ

Have a good weekend everyone ๐ŸŒค ๐ŸŒˆ

Day 24 – Ireland NFD – ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธโœ…

Hello to the Americans!!! Great to have you back! How strange that you were locked out! I was thinking it had gone very quiet but assumed you were all busy leading into the weekend.

@stitchincarol well done on the gym ๐Ÿ’ช keep up the habit now – that is the trick. On that, you and the others have inspired me to get back to some weight training for my bones (at home). So I am going to start with some push ups and a plank todayโ€ฆ. Just a fewโ€ฆ in the garden build up the habitโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ‘

So warm โ€ฆ. Will tie in a swim today for sureโ€ฆ

Day 24-No. VA, USA-NFD

Back again! Love electronics; yesterday, we had no phones or computer for most of the day at the office. So some things were very quiet. I had to write prescriptions “old school” on paper, instead of sending things electronically to the pharmacy. We were busy, so I was mostly compliant with restricted eating yesterday. Weight is stalled, but not going up at any rate!
    Rain has eased up here for a few hours; we needed it a lot, but it has been raining or drizzling for days now.
    I am determined to shift a pound before the end of the month!

Day 24 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Had a miserable bout of gas yesterday that was so bad I ended up not volunteering for the quilt show. Made me sad not to work and not to see all the quilts, but I was nearly in tears I hurt so badly and there was no way for me to go in and be functional. Have never figured out why I’m having gas on a regular basis and sure wish I weren’t!

@daffodil2010 What a busy few hours you had to start your Saturday! And your dinner plans sounds amazing; I’d have wine too. Yeah, I can see how getting out your juicer would cause nightmares for you, but this uses a blender; would that make it easier?

@funshipfreddie I kept trying to figure out what was happening that the entire country was locked out–because I was sure that was the thing, and not just me–and how I could let someone know, and it felt just like the situation with @daffodil2010‘s neighbors’ birds, LOL–there was no way to contact anyone! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

@jaifaim Good for you for doing weights and planks! I’ve made my plan for today and will head to town to buy the groceries I ended up not able to stop and buy yesterday afternoon, then will come home and make potatoes pavรฉ (a current TikTok sensation that DS26 talked me into; the first step is to slice them on a mandolin, toss them in duck fat and stack them in a pan and then bake them way low for 3 hours), and then, while they’re baking, walk to the gym. So it’s third on the list for today, but it IS on the list. ๐Ÿ˜‡

@excelsior12309 Nicely done eating within reason yesterday! It’s the individual days that add up to success.

I’ve been reading a bit of Atomic Habits and it’s brilliant. Once we get past tomorrow’s surprise dinner party, I plan to spend some time out in my garden reading that book–looking forward to it, with the dinner party behind me, and the garden mostly done. Of course, I’ll keep glancing up and see all the things I should weed and tidy and improve, LOL, but then I’ll just make myself look back at my Kindle.

Okay, I’m off; have a grand one, everyone!

Day 24 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 220 lbs. Nice to be back! 220.0 lbs grrrrrr…. oh well, I am on my way back down I think. Anyway, tomorrow will be my FD.

Interesting, @northgeorgia. Here’s the post I saw on email–different from the post I see above on the site.

NorthGeorgia wrote on June Jumpstart ๐Ÿ”‹:

Day 24 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 220 lbs. Hmmm, yes, I was locked out… but I could declare I posted something here last night after being unable to access the site for a few days — but now no posts are here. Uh oh! Let me see if this posts! Anyway, tomorrow will be my FD.

Day 25 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

Yesterday was glorious โ˜€๏ธ Hard to believe we’re in the middle of winter. Today – back to earth with a bump. Cold, wet & windy, & it’s going to be like this til Wednesday โ˜”๏ธ

@stitchincarol, @northgeorgia – very odd. I didn’t see that email post on the site either. I’m having all kinds of problems with my ‘Words with Friends’ app too right now, games disappearing & reappearing, & my phone is generally useless whilst the app is open. Very frustrating ๐Ÿ˜ 

Weekly musings from Dr Mosley:-
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12228759/DR-MICHAEL-MOSLEY-willingly-infected-tapeworms-wouldnt-dare-catch-Covid.html

Happy Sunday! ๐ŸŒž

Pocket List – Day 25 ๐Ÿ‹
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

Day 25 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

I had a super relaxing day yesterday once all my work was completed by 10.30am (that 4am start sure kick started the day), and yes @funshipfreddie I had a lunchtime siesta instead of lunch โ˜บ๏ธ

As DH is away I also got to watch a show on Netflix that I enjoyed as I knew that DH would never in a hundred years watch, and it was great to sit watching to until 11pm as I rarely rarely even watch tv these days! It was still bright to the North West nearing midnight!! I forget how far North I am, and with no light pollution around here there seems to be light in the sky at all times.

Back up a pound or so, but don’t mind, will whittle that down again. Still full of mojo.

Yes, re the smoking and drinking adverts @funshipfreddie, and there does not seem to be as many people smoking now. But those who do, do, despite the horrific photos on cigarette packs. And I have noticed that younger people don’t drink as much as my generation. We were bombarded with it in the 80’s and 90’s, and working for a drinks company with loads of marketing social nights outs, alcohol was the big thing. We even had a team called the “Spirits Invigoration Team” and within a years or so the Gin explosion began!

Anyhoo, waiting in DH to arrive home from his motorcycle trip, and looking forward to hearing how he got on

Hope you feel better @stitchincarol.

Until tomorrow X

Day 25 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

I didn’t even bother to weigh this morning; I knew I wouldn’t like the number, and there’s absolutely nothing I can do about it today, so I’ll look tomorrow. ๐Ÿคช I did actually get to the gym yesterday, although it was far later in the day than I had planned, but getting there is all that actually matters. Other than that, and a half hour of working in the office at church, I spent the entire day preparing food for today’s dinner party…it will be so nice for it to begin and have my work all ended, LOL! And poor DS26, who volunteered to make the Beef Wellington (using chuck roast that he glued together with transglutaminase powder, a meat “glue,” and then sous vided for 40 hours to a lovely texture), he spent the whole day making the various elements and assembling it, and making a complicated sauce to go over it, and then worked an 8+ hour shift as a server, and then came home and worked several more hours on it; I’m sure he’ll be exhausted today! But we love the celebrating couple, and everyone who’s coming are all foodies, so he’ll get tons of kudos for his effort. ๐Ÿ˜

@daffodil2010 I did finally feel better, thanks; did your DH have a grand time?

@funshipfreddie Yeah, winter is immeasureably easier to tolerate when the days are lovely!

I woke up at 5 this morning and didn’t succeed at going back to sleep, so the kitchen is now washed up from all my cooking yesterday–missing a couple of hours of sleep is an okay trade-off to having a clean kitchen, something I had zero energy remaining last night to accomplish. But now I need to shower and get ready for church; talk to you all tomorrow!

Day 25 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 220 lbs. But to be fair, I just weighed in. Still, good to be the same as yesterday and now a FD. Had a cookout and then my mom’s pulse began to race. She wanted to go home and check her blood pressure — it was not bad, but her pulse was 140! She kept insisting to wait, to wait. Finally, she let us take her to the ER, and she was having an AFib episode. The first bad one. They were preparing to shock her heart, when it thankfully resolved itself. She follows up with a cardiologist on Monday. None of this can be psychologically pleasant. My dad also had AFib, was taking the same medication that has been prescribed to her that made him feel horrible, and the same cardiologist assigned that, if I’m not mistaken, was the same one that told my dad “his numbers looked fine” until a year later — when he insisted something wasn’t right, they did a new test, and discovered the blockages that required the bypass surgery. Yeah, we may need to make a LOT of changes on their recommendations before it’s over with…

Pocket List โ€“ Day 25 ๐Ÿ‹
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

Day 26 FD NZ 87.7kg

I had problems getting my, of courseโ˜บ๏ธlong and interesting post to load. Then I got an error message saying Repeat material but it never landed. So into the cyber dust bin it goesโ€ฆ And what a waste of timeโ€ฆ
    Iโ€™m managing to stay in the 87sโ€ฆ FD today.
    Had a zoom meeting for the Westie and Scottie Club for most of yโ€™day. We also had four vets talking for an hour each about lipid skin protection, dietary plant based oils, barking and cruciate ligament repair. Amazing have them pass on their knowledge at a level we donโ€™t usually have access to.
    Itโ€™s fine this morning so Iโ€™m going to get going because the rain returns in the afternoonโ€ฆ

RESOLVE one and all

Day 26 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Not an FD but will be a good day. Had a great weekend, but scales show increase from Friday weight. That would be the wine and the Guinness. ๐Ÿ˜†

We had such a freaky hailstorm yesterday. DH and I were sitting outside in our glass covered patio, all doors wide open, sun awning down, enjoying the afternoon with a Guinness in hand. Then it got very dark, very quickly, thunder, lightening, rain, then ginormous hailstones, never saw the line before in Ireland, and despite rushing around closing all the patio doors, the force and volume of the rain and hail caused water to flood into the patio and through the glass doors from the ceiling.

Thank goodness the hail did not get my tomatoes, the baby toms would have been destroyed. Only lasted about 10 minutes but never saw that in Ireland before. Freaky weather indeed.

@northgeorgia my thoughts with you and your Mom.

Have a good Monday all.

Day 26 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD 69.0 kg

Monday morning PFDS! ๐Ÿ˜‡ And just one more FD for June Jumpstart ๐Ÿ”‹ Still pouring here. I hope our dams are filling up. Last I read they were about 24% full, but they need to be at 60% before we’re out of the woods with our drought.

@northgeorgia – I hope your mum’s okay & gets the right treatment she needs soon!

@daffodil2010 – wow? Freaky weather indeed?! ๐ŸŒฉ๐ŸŒช

@stitchincarol, @daffodil2010 – this is really good advice, a brief video from the Sleep Doctor – How to fall back asleep in the middle of the night.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpdRKmLePaQ

Pocket List – Day 26 ๐Ÿ
    @merry๐ŸŽ

Day 26 – Ireland – FD ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธโœ…
    162lbs ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Hi everyone! A very badly needed FD after a fab weekend.
    Lots of outdoor fun and now to knuckle down to work and to a mojo filled week – can you feel the resolve????? I need to – I tell you ๐Ÿ˜‚

Lots of compliments recently (Iโ€™m chuffed although not back at goal yet ) butโ€ฆ I know how easy it is to drop the ball so picking it up now for 5 more daysโ€ฆ and the restโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜‚

@stitchincarol – sounds like a happy and yummy weekend!!!
    Bravo to your son!! ๐Ÿง‘โ€๐Ÿณ
    @northgeorgia Iโ€™m sorry to hear your mum had such a bad episode this weekend – you poor things! Itโ€™s a very worrying time for you all ๐Ÿ’•

Iโ€™m With you today @merryapple ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’ช

Pocket list – Day 26 ๐Ÿ
    @merry ๐ŸŽ
    @jaifaim

Day 26 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 217 lbs. Nice! Yesterday’s storms left us pretty unscathed, except for my dad’s workshop building, where the roof was already in disrepair. It ripped off half the roof from the small side shed, so my brother and I were able to get a tarp over it before sunset.

Day 26 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 157.4

Yesterday was glorious. The couple was completely and delightfully astonished when they walked in and we all yelled “Surprise!” and the food and the cocktails and the laughter and the conversation were all that anyone could want. The most astonishing thing was to have all of our babies all grown up and joining in the fun of a dinner party. Amazing.

Now to turn my focus to eating minimally and to losing weight. I’ll still have distractions, as my sister and her husband are coming mid-July for a few days, and then I have a 5-day convention in Milwaukee, Wisconsin at the end of July/beginning of August. But eating mindfully even with stuff going on is something I need to be able to do, so now is as good a time to start doing so as any, right? I’ve been reading, tiny bit by tiny bit, Atomic Habits and I find it brilliant. I suspect not everyone will find it resonates in the same way, but it sure does for me. Making better progress on reading it is top of my list of things to do this week; I certainly have the knowledge of how to eat well and in able to lose weight, so finding a way to make that kind of eating a habit has to be what I focus on doing now.

@northgeorgia I can only imagine the kind of terror you all felt, given your dad’s experience with that! Keep us posted as your mom keeps her appointments.

@merryapple Bummer on the lost post.

@daffodil2010 Wow, dramatic storm! We had one like that back in…oh, perhaps 2008? I was watering my garden (by hand, holding the hose) at 4:20 and decided to quit because the skies were turning dark and I figured it was going to rain. At 4:30, the heavens opened up and it stormed harder than perhaps I’ve ever seen. At 4:45, the sun was out again. Nonetheless, the farmers had to be out in the fields the next day replanting the crops that had been destroyed. That storm is still talked about in this area, and I’ll bet your storm gets talked about for years also, LOL!

@funshipfreddie DH just recently read about and shared with me the information from the video you posted. I was particularly intrigued by the 4-7-8 breathing. The one thing the doctor didn’t mention, and it surprised me, is that if you have to get up, you shouldn’t turn on the light; everything I’ve read over the years says that turning on a light makes it immeasureably harder to get back to sleep.

@jaifaim I’m sure you’ll drop that extra weight in nothing flat!

@northgeorgia Bummer on the damage from the storm. Will you and your brother do the permanent repair or will your mom hire it out?

For the last week, temps have been in the low 90s (32+) and lows have been lucky to get down to 67 (19), so it was a real treat last night to get down to 57/14; we opened all the windows and turned on the ceiling fans, and now the whole house is wonderfully cooled off AND filled with fresh air. It’s the little things that bring deep joy, you know? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Pocket list โ€“ Day 26 ๐Ÿ
    @merry ๐ŸŽ
    @jaifaim

Day 26 USA/HI NFD
    Weigh in 156 lb New low
    Sorry to be absent this month. I guess I must accept the fact that right now I have more than I can keep up with in life. But hitting a new low this morning I just had to sign in and share with my fellow fasting warriors. Your influence and support will always be part of me even if I am unable to post.
    Right now both sons are back with me as we continue the caregiving journey with DH. We are just coming out of covid, thankful this current version is not the same as covid 2020. None the less it has been a challenge with trying to care for, and at the same time, protect DH from it. It appears he is still negative for covid.
    I hope my post might be a small encouragement to try sticking to weight loss goals even during hard times. It does give you a bit of joy to reach a goal when all other things are crashing around you. I know each of us faces daily challenges and my story is not unique. On the positive side, I have an amazing team of caregivers helping me plus my sons. Each day does come with many moments of joy and gratitude.
    Hoping I can sort things out and become more organized with posting regularly.

Unable to post so I have emailed the tech guysโ€ฆ

Day 27 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Almost back to Friday weight, and still in the lower decade, so aiming to push onwards. It’s DH’s birthday on Thursday however, his mum is over from Wednesday, so there will be a celebration meal and other distractions, but will keep on keeping on.

Today it’s fast until lunch, small tuna salad, then something with beef for dinner (keeping keto as best I can).

@maui so good to see you dropping by and well done on your new low. You have so much going on so I am glad this new low goal has given joy. Thinking of you and your family xxxx

@funshipfreddie, thanks for the video, very interesting, I do try to follow a lot of these tips but will certainly incorporate the breathing too

Day 27 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Still pouring here?! We’re supposed to get a reprieve later this morning โ˜”๏ธ

@maui – so nice to hear from you, & well done on the new low! ๐ŸŽฏ

@merryapple – hope you can get back to posting properly soon. No posts from Australia for a while either…? ๐Ÿค”

@stitchincarol – I’m also slowly reading Atomic Habits. Just finished reading something else, so I can concentrate on that now.

@daffodil2010, @stitchincarol – glad you like the sleep clip. I already did something similar with alternate nostril breathing to lower my heart rate. And not looking at the clock – I somehow just knew that wasn’t a good idea a while ago โฐ

We’re trending again ๐Ÿ˜…
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12234461/Intermittent-fasting-no-better-simple-calorie-counting.html

I used to do this – take a baby aspirin everyday. No longer a good idea, especially if you’re over 60…
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12235501/Why-shouldnt-aspirin-everyday-PROFESSOR-ROB-GALLOWAY.html

Pocket List – Day 27 ๐Ÿ„
    @daffodil2010

Day 27 – Ireland – FD ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธโœ…
    159.8lbs ๐Ÿ™‚

Hello everyone!!

Again not a great FD but some more time to make a difference before Friday. Iโ€™ll try today although my plans may need to change depending on visitors tonight.

@maui I am so glad to see your posts and to know you are ok although you have so much on your plate and Covid has hit you all againโ€ฆ sending so many good wishes to you ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

@daffodil2010 bravo to you!!!! ๐Ÿ‘ just keep on keeping on and youโ€™ll get there with this renewed mojo. Fabulissimo!

@funshipfreddie great video! Thanks so much – I have been listening to Matthew Walker a lot recently (love his voice and his lovely character) and he agrees with much of this although one thing he would say is if you are awake for more than 20-30 minutes then get up – keep the lighting low – and read, listen to some Music or do something to distract you and then head back to bedโ€ฆ
    You are having some interesting weather there!!!

@merryapple – funny you were able to post a short line but nothing more??? Boo hoo!!! Missing your chat.
    @stitchincarol lovely to see your chat ๐Ÿ˜Š what a weekend you had!!! Your friends are very blessed ๐Ÿ˜‡. Great that you are enjoying Atomic Habits – so many tips – and can be read in small chunks.

Hello to the regulars and now shouting out to all who started the month with usโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ‘‹ how are you getting on? Hopefully all are ok and just quietโ€ฆ @at, @dingping, @malee57, @songbirdme, @ccco, @fastingnurse, @suresh3101, @sandie_h,

And to all our old timersโ€ฆ @coda, @michelinme (how was your Irish trip?), @flourbaby, @snowflake56 @i-hate-lettuce @linda.b @missybear @matpi, @gardenlily @brightonbelle @metatauta, and to those Iโ€™ve not listedโ€ฆ hello hello! I hope you are ok ๐Ÿ‘‹

Pocket list – Day 27 ๐Ÿ„
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim

Second postโ€ฆ bizarre double posts appearingโ€ฆ. Deleting same.

Saw that article re: IF @funshipfreddieโ€ฆ found it confusingโ€ฆ but we know what works donโ€™t we – most of the time ๐Ÿ˜‚

Day 27 – USA/GA – ZBC

Weigh-in: 220 lbs. Wasn’t planning on today being a FD, but missed breakfast, so who knows…

@stitchincarol my brother is going back and forth, but preferably, we’d hire it out. We just don’t know who would do simple roofing as opposed to the higher priced residential roofing. It’s just a shop, although a big shop — like a small barn, actually — so we have to figure out where to start.

Day 27 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD – 157.2

I had to head to the bathroom frequently yesterday morning and weighed myself at one point, and was down a pound from the morning’s weight; I figured that was clear proof that much of my 157.4 yesterday was water weight from too much salt the day before. And now I figure the same, because I can name off the salty things I ate last night, and actually otherwise ate within reason yesterday. Even so, my weight is way too high, so I’m glad I get the immediate whoosh of a WFD today.

I’m making progress on Atomic Habits, but it’s slow going as I didn’t actually have as much reading time yesterday as I was hoping AND I’m working hard at reading it like a text book for a class with a test coming up, and internalizing it well…I’m determined to find myself “eating like a thin person” on a regular basis, and dropping 20 lbs by my birthday in December.

@maui You are amazing. I love that you can keep some semblance of care for yourself front and center enough even in the middle of consuming efforts as you care for your DH. Well written, and a joy to read you are at a new low! But I must insist you don’t claim your lack of regular posting to be a lack of organization on your part: you are consumed with what matters most–your husband–and that’s as it should be. The fact that you’re maintaining your loss, and even gradually adding to it, is nothing short of a miracle that should give you extreme pride! ๐Ÿฅ‡

@daffodil2010 I am in awe at your RESOLVE. Well done!!!

@funshipfreddie I was mentally arguing with many of the statements in that article as I was reading it, and then was delighted to read this disclaimer at the end: “They emphasize that the results of this study highlight the substantial individual variability in weight loss using these intermittent fasting and calorie-counting, and that further research is needed to determine who would most benefit from each of these interventions.” SUBSTANTIAL INDIVIDUAL VARIABILITY is the key phrase that is relevant and is behind why I prefer IF/5:2. What do the rest of you think about the article and its claims? Thanks, David, for being so faithful about posting article links.

@jaifaim So lovely to say my friends are blessed because of me, but the reality is that we all are blessed because of each other. We’ve been friends for 35 years, and it certainly shows in our time together. And thanks for the list of all who aren’t here with us; it’s not as good as actually having them here, but it was lovely to read through the list and smile at each name.

@merryapple Like @jaifaim, I was confused that you were able to post a small line but said you couldn’t post. It’ll be good when you’re able to be back. I wonder what’s up with the site that many of us are having random problems.

@northgeorgia Try thumbtack.com and see if you find someone there who fits the qualifications you’re wanting–and the price.

I keep thinking it’s my turn to host, but July is not my month as my sister and brother-in-law will be here in the middle of the month, and DH and I will be traveling the last third of the month and the get-go of August. So perhaps September will work for me. In the meantime, who here can host July? @northgeorgia, would hosting boost your mojo so that it’s worth you doing it, and can you even in July?

Okay, time to go water my plants as we’re not blessed with @funshipfreddie‘s massive rainfall and the days are hot and sunny. It takes me 35 minutes to water everything, and that’s about how long it’ll take DH to shave and dress, and then we’ll sit outside and chatter over a cup of coffee…the slower pace of summer has at last arrived!

Pocket list โ€“ Day 27 ๐Ÿ„
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia perhaps?
    @stitchincarol WFD

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 230 total)

You must be logged in to reply.