June Jumpstart ๐Ÿ”‹

This topic contains 214 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  AT 10 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 201 through 230 (of 230 total)

• Day 27 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD – 157.2

I somehow ended up posting the same thing twice and don’t actually know how to get rid of a second post, so I’m just editing it to be this. ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜‰

BTW, when I was unable to get on the site, I wanted to contact tech support, but couldn’t get on the site to find the email address, so if anyone is able to read posts (because you’ve clicked the email button) and needs tech support, it’s

tech@thefastdiet.co.uk

I contacted them as soon as I was able to get back on and just got a response from JJ, apologizing and saying they had no idea everyone was locked out, and asking me for the details I remembered. So, while I was at it, I mentioned the problems @merryapple has reported.

Day 28 NFD NZ

Hello!!!
    I had a reply from the tech people. I tried to post a site that was filtered out. They are still looking into the American blockade.

I had responded to @stitchincarolโ€™s painful gas in her gut post. I now get a wee bit of extra jet propulsion when I get up in the morningโ€™s especially if I eat carbs like sourdough in the evening. Since being on 5:2 my๐Ÿ’ฉhas declined to once every three days which means I can feel my gut moving on dday.
    Anyone else have changes?
    To lighten the subject I added a movie clip from Mel Brookโ€™s 1974 Blazing Saddles of the cowboys sitting around the campfire eating beans. I can still remember sitting in a movie theatre when that scene came up and the whole theatre erupting in uncontrollable laughter! Thatโ€™s what was filtered out๐Ÿ˜ฉ

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gas-and-gas-pains/symptoms-causes/syc-20372709

https://www.uclahealth.org/news/many-people-become-more-flatulent-as-they-age#:~:text=Anecdotal%20evidence%20links%20older%20age,tone%20and%20less%2Deffective%20digestion.

Have a great day!!

Day 28 2nd post

If you donโ€™t mind me copying and pasting the first post I can have a go at hosting. Iโ€™m open to advice of any kind๐Ÿ˜
    I canโ€™t find my dictionary and itโ€™s difficult to look for J words on a computer. Any suggestions or pick a name:

No Junk July
    Juicy July
    Jokey July
    Jingle Jangle July

I like Jingle Jangle July because itโ€™s upbeat.
    ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ

Day 28 Melbourne, Australia

Not trying to fast, just trying to not binge. I’m still reading posts and keeping up (to a degree) with how people are going.

@maui great to hear how you are going. And good to hear that you are looking after yourself. And have help in caring for DH. It is so difficult but lovely that you have him at home.

Have a good day all.

Day 27 USA/HI NFD
    @stitchincarole, @jaifaim, @funshipfreddie and
    @daffodill2020 Thank you so much for reaching out with your kind words of encouragement.

Day 27 USA/HI second post
    @malee57 just saw your post. Thank you.
    I feel so honored to see messages from around the globe. USA, Ireland, South Africa and now Australia!
    My traveling days are over for the present time but I feel like the world is coming to me.

Day 28 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Throwing another FD in as my MIL is arriving this evening as its DH’s birthday tomorrow (she will never miss another of his birthdays ever again โ˜บ๏ธ), so not a chance of fasting tomorrow.

I am in the lower decade, hope to cling on there as much as possible, and then, at last, once Sunday is over, this crazy three months of non stop social and family action will be OVER ๐Ÿ’ƒ

I look at the calendar for July and apart from a GP appointment, and tentative All Ireland semi-final matches, it’s free!!!!! That clears my head so much, as April to June calendar is a big squiggly mess ๐Ÿ‘

And that means a serious knuckling down of DH and I to fast and lose weight.

@merryapple so good of you to host Jingle Jangle July, I will be there with bells on ๐Ÿ˜„

A www @maui, such a good sentiment, I too love the international flavour of this forum xxx

have a great Wednesday ๐Ÿซ

Day 28 – Ireland – FD ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธโœ…
    160.2 lbs๐Ÿ™‚

Hello everyone!!

FD foiled! Sisters visited and we went for dinnerโ€ฆ we rarely have time together with mumโ€™s care so this was a special timeโ€ฆ time enough for my mojo to matter with merryapple next month althoughโ€ฆ. I will aim to end this month well .
    @maui – bless you ๐Ÿ’•
    @stitchincarol – I agree – I generally find hosting really helps my focus and mojo and actually although not great readings on the scales I canโ€™t help but think what this crazy month would have given if I hadnโ€™t hostedโ€ฆ or am I kidding myselfโ€ฆ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ . @merryapple most of us copy and paste the previous months intro to create the new months starting post.. itโ€™s efficient and why recreate the wheel ๐Ÿ›ž๐Ÿ™‚. A little tweaking and a new title does the job. Jingle Jangle July sounds fun! And Iโ€™ll be aiming to rid myself of the jingly bits ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    If you need help setting up the page just holler.

As @daffodil2010 saysโ€ฆ letโ€™s do this with bells on ๐Ÿ””.

Accupuncture today โ€ฆ cannot waitโ€ฆ an hour out of busy times โ™ฅ๏ธ

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Pocket list – Day 28 ๐Ÿ„ (the repeaters ๐Ÿ˜‚)
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim

Hi @malee57 – good to hear all is well in Melbourne ๐Ÿ’•

Day 28 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Crazy weather here. It seems to be over much of the east coast of SA; & there was a tornado in Durban yesterday?! The rain just stopped, & we’re supposed to have a few days of sunshine now ๐ŸŒค

@merryapple – thanks so much for offering to host July ๐Ÿค— Jingle Jangle July it is! ๐Ÿ””

@stitchincarol – yes, that’s so true re substantial individual variability. And what’s ‘true’ one week/year can change the next. Hence the whole daily aspirin recommendation from not too long ago. I’ve also read before about the risks of prolonged OMAD. but that seems to be for people who do it every single day. Who knows?

Gotta dash – Happy Hump Day! ๐Ÿซ

Day 28-No. VA USA-FD
    I am surely the most inconsistent faster ever. But I shall fast today! I think I say that frequently….we have been so busy at work, I use that as an excuse to indulge a bit when I get home. And it isn’t a lot of food, but the older we get, the less it takes to maintain the weight we don’t want.
    Glad to join Jingle Jangle July, and thank you @ Merryapple for hosting!

Day 28 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 217 lbs. Yeah, made yesterday a FD! Nice to hit 217 twice this week. I’m not out of the 220s yet, but hopefully by the end of summer, I’ll be back to where I was last year, and then trying the rest of the year for getting below the 200s and into the 190s!

Day 28 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 153.0

This morning’s weight was both an unexpected joy and proof that my ugly weights were largely water weight. But I truly did not expect to be down this far. Now to behave with serious restraint today so tomorrow’s FD can drop me down even further.

@merryapple Thanks for volunteering to host!

@malee57 Controlling our urges can be massively tough, huh? Have you tried reading any inspiring books? Dr. Jason Fung’s The Obesity Code had a massive impact on me several years ago, and I’m sure appreciating Atomic Habits right now.

@maui โค๏ธ

@daffodil2010 Good for you to throw in another FD today; have a grand time with your MIL and your DH’s bday!

@jaifaim Yeah, if I’d had the chance, I’d have gone to dinner with my sisters also. (The problem is that I’m in Nebraska and all three sisters are in California, 1700 miles and 26 driving hours away. So we count on gathering at Christmas every other year.) You’ve been a great host, and I tend to agree with your thought that if you hadn’t been hosting, the June events you had would have taken you further into the 160s, so well done for staying where you are!

@funshipfreddie So glad you’re finally having a break from your rain!

@excelsior12309 Good to hear from you. And inconsistent fasting is still better than no fasting at all, right?

@northgeorgia Nice indeed to hit 217 twice in one week!

Today is completely open for me, proof that I really am into the slower pace of summer. A little gardening is on my agenda in order to get those things I’ve been noticing when I water but haven’t had time to deal with, and then some tidying up in the kitchen, and then…don’t even know. But perhaps it’s time to head into my sewing room and see if I can’t start quilting again; I have two quilts that are quite close to being done, so it’s going to be very rewarding when I finally start working on them and, POOF!, have finished a quilt!

Have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket list โ€“ Day 28 ๐Ÿ„ (the repeaters ๐Ÿ˜‚)
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @excelsior12309

“Self-control is a short-term strategy, not a long-term one.”

I’m reading chapter 7 of Atomic Habits and find it the most helpful yet. However, the preceding chapters, while somewhat dry, were hugely important in setting the ground work for understanding the truth and the significance of that quote.

How far are the rest of you who are reading it?

Day 29 FD NZ

Woohoo! Have done the spreadsheet and set up the new topicโ€ฆ Itโ€™s cold and wet here and so tempting to warm up with food like my wee Westie wants to so fingers crossed hosting will help keep me in check. (I hope everything works๐Ÿ˜…)

@excelsior12309 I hear you on the quantity/age issue. I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve eaten so little so well for so long and Iโ€™m struggling to drop down a kgโ€ฆ
    @funshipfreddie It was interesting to read the article on calorie counting vs 5:2. I think possibly all of us have counted calories in our lives which is why we like 5:2.
    FD Iโ€™ve now drunk my obligatory two cups of hot water so now I can have black coffee. I need to get moving before I freezeโ€ฆ

Pocket List
    Merry๐ŸŽ

Day 29 NFD country west Australia 80.8 kgs.
    Have not been near computer for several days with family duties and several trips to the city.
    Home last night from the city, work today and then back to the city tonight for a funeral. tomorrow then home again.
    Each trip is 3 1/2 – 4 hours each way, so LOTS of driving!
    Finding it very difficult to shift those pesky 800 gms but determined to do so by end of July !!! ( not June or May or April ….)
    @maui, we think of you even when you don’t post.
    @funshipfreddie, we have had a bit of rain. Not enough and the season so cold that nothing is growing, but at least it has rained.

Day 29 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

@merryapple – oh, that made me laugh! You thought the battery was a beer can?! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Heineken, I’m guessing? That’s the only green can I can think of. ๐Ÿป Thanks for setting up the July Challenge. That’s a very colourful spreadsheet! I can’t seem to type anything in it though. It says ‘view only’. Could you have a look please?

@stitchincarol – I’m only on chapter 3.

Last FD for June Jumpstart๐Ÿ”‹ ๐ŸŽฏ๐Ÿ’ช

Pocket List – Day 29 ๐Ÿฅš
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @funshipfreddie

Day 29 – Ireland – CD ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธโœ…
    159 lbs๐Ÿ™‚

Good morning all!

@lilymartin my goodness it brings it home to me how small our country is when I hear you talk about the distances you travel to get to the cityโ€ฆ ๐Ÿคฉ.
    Iโ€™m with you for July! Sort of some form of a miracle I canโ€™t see target being hit this month for me but happy to be in the right decade at leastโ€ฆ just to hold it steady now until tomorrow.

Well done on getting the challenge and the spreadsheet set up @merryapple!! Thank you so much ๐Ÿ’•
    @stitchincarol I dip in and out of Atomic Habits as I read it a few years agoโ€ฆ I must have a look at chapter 7 ๐Ÿ‘
    Speaking of which I hope you made the first step into the room where you quilt?
    I have some habits I need to take the first step on ๐Ÿ‘

@excelsior12309 I think there are a few of us vying for that title ๐Ÿ˜‚ You are dead right on your point about getting olderโ€ฆ

Hope everyone is well and that we all have a lovely dayโ€ฆ

Ha ha!!! Thats so funny – I hadnโ€™t seen that Merry thought the battery ๐Ÿ”‹ was a can of beer ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    For the whole month ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Well I need that battery recharge big time and with bells on so ๐Ÿ”‹๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ”‹๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ”‹ for July ๐Ÿ˜‚

Day 29 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 221 lbs. Not sure if next FD will be Sunday or Monday yet.

Day 29 – UK – NFD

Have not been in the right headspace this month for fasting, I have managed one FD per week but my NFDs have not been good ๐Ÿคญ

Must try to make an effort next month so will be logging with @merryapple for “Jingle Jangle July”

It seems that the spreadsheet is set for view only so could you please set it to allow us to edit please @merryapple

I hope to make a fresh start next month and ๐ŸคžI find my mojo and it sticks around!!!

Day 29 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500 – 157.2

Twenty minutes after I posted yesterday, I got on the scale again just because there was so much joy in being at 153.0…..and I was at 154.0.

WHAT??

Who knows. And on top of that, I never did get much energy gathered and was far more lazy in my day than productive. Oh well, today’s a new day with new opportunities to be productive. And since all my summer lessons are on Tuesdays, I don’t have lessons today to distract me and pull off a WFD, so it’ll be a normal 500 calories day.

@lilymartin Oh, my, that’s a LOT of driving; I’m sorry you have a funeral and hope you get to slow down and stay home for a bit soon!

@funshipfreddie It’s true what @jaifaim said, that it’s a book you can read in bits and pieces, so enjoy those chapters, but ch7 has solid suggestions for helping. I haven’t applied any changes yet, but I’m mulling them over.

@jaifaim Nope, no sewing room…lots of solitaire on my laptop ๐Ÿ™ I didn’t even make it to the gym ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ, but I’ve promised myself I’ll go today to make up for missing yesterday.

It’s been raining and thunder has been rumbling, but the heavy rain has missed us, so I’m not sure we’ve even gotten a tenth of an inch. It’s certainly cooled us off, however, so I have the windows open and am enjoying the cool air. Our high today will again hit the 90s/32+, so we take any cool we get!

Have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket List โ€“ Day 29 ๐Ÿฅš
    @merry๐ŸŽ
    @funshipfreddie
    @stitchincarol

Day30 NFD NZ 87.5kg -800g/June

Last day! Iโ€™m going out for dinner so todayโ€™s weigh in is the last for the month.๐Ÿ˜…

I have corrected the โ€˜view onlyโ€™ to โ€˜editโ€™ on the spreadsheet. Thank you @at and @funshipfreddie for alerting me. Itโ€™s always so obvious only once you have worked out what to do (if that makes sense).

I have an appointment with the lawyer to sign my will today so have to get going. Iโ€™ve written it myself so it amazes me that the lawyer will probably charge me $1,000sโ€ฆ

Happy Birthday to Mr Daffodil @daffodil 2010
    @stitchincarol Iโ€™m glad to hear you have some down tools time for yourself!
    @lilymartin You need a Learjet๐Ÿ˜‚ Are the roads those big long straight dusty Australian roads or is that a cliche??

See yโ€™all in the seventh month forum!

Day 30 – Ireland – NFD ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธโœ…
    158.6 lbs๐Ÿ™‚

Good morning all!

Thanks for sticking with me for Jumpstart June ๐Ÿ”‹

Iโ€™d prefer to see a lower number up there but itโ€™s not too badโ€ฆ. Iโ€™ll leave that goal for Jingle Jangle July with @merryapple ๐Ÿ˜. Thank you for taking over for next month @merryapple and hopefully weโ€™ll have a few more people back in the fold.

Hi @at! Great to see you and see you next month ๐Ÿ‘

@stitchincarol just one little step.. and yes the scales are the most frustrating thing when they are not being our friend โ€ฆ โš–๏ธ

My promise to myself now is to have a better second half of this year – reach goal range and stay there. I have a few habits I need to get back to/build so will focus on that.

Itโ€™s all good and we are all doing fantastically well to just be here! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ช. Donโ€™t let anyone tell you otherwise ๐Ÿ’•

Day 30 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD 69.4 kgs – 9 months AF! ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿท๐Ÿฅณ๏ธ ๐ŸŽ‰

My very easy FD yesterday was probably just a result of me losing the plot on Wednesday. A friend brought me back some Walnut Whips from the UK ๐Ÿ˜ฑ I did ask for one – just one! But she brought back a pack of three, & I devoured two in no time. And then later I scoffed a Chunky KitKat too?! ๐Ÿท I’m miraculously ending June exactly as I started it though, at 69.4 kg; so I’m declaring June Jumpstart๐Ÿ”‹ a success ๐ŸŽฏ

@stitchincarol – oh no?! Maybe next time you see a coveted number on the scale you should take a photo of it? Then if you’re tempted to weigh again you can just look at the picture instead ๐Ÿ˜œ

Aspartame to be listed as ‘possibly carcinogenic’:-
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12245725/WHOs-cancer-research-agency-say-aspartame-sweetener-possible-carcinogen-sources.html

Half of 2023 gone?! Well done to everyone who clung onto the wagon, lost, maintained or just managed to post once in a while. Thank you @jaifaim for hosting๐Ÿ’
    Happy Fri-yay & see y’all over the page… ๐Ÿน

Day 30 – USA/GA – ZBC

Weigh-in: 222 lbs. Well, June didn’t go the way I had hoped, but keeping to it and see you all in July!

Day 30 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 156.2

My FD yesterday wasn’t. It wasn’t actually as awful as the scale says; that number is reflective of the salt at the bottom of the bag of smoked almonds. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ So much for a lovely ending to June.

We got 3/4″ rain overnight, which is a huge blessing to this drought we’re experiencing, and also means I have 35 extra minutes to do as I choose–that’s how long it takes me to water every morning. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

@jaifaim Thank you so much for your kind and loving words this month; you were a terrific hostess! ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’

It was nearly supper before I got to the gym yesterday, but I DID get there, and will either go again today or go tomorrow, which will make two weeks of going three times per week. My legs and abs are not bad at all, but I have serious weeny arms and am glad to be working on improving them…so I suppose that means I’m glad to be there!

See you all in July!

Day 30 USA/Hawaii NFD
    @merryapple please count me in for JJ July and thank you for hosting!
    And of course a big thank you goes to @jaifaim for hosting June. I speak for myself and all other MIAโ€™s when I say it was a relief to see you still there when I finally around to posting.

@jaifaim – ๐Ÿ’ many apologies for my absence this month – I am still having problems getting into my 5:2 headspace and paying the price with my clothes feeling a tad tight……I have started each month lately with good intentions only to fall off the wagon so perhaps July will be my month!!!

I have my ๐Ÿคž that I can get back into this WOL without overindulging on my NFD with @merryapple for โ€œJingle Jangle Julyโ€

Viewing 30 posts - 201 through 230 (of 230 total)

You must be logged in to reply.