June Jumpstart 🔋

This topic contains 214 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  AT 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 230 total)

• USA. Day 5. FD

Pocket List – Day 5 🍏
    @penz
    @merry🍎
    @at
    @ccco

Lost another pound! Not sure why but since I did that 3 day water fast, it is easy for me to control my eating, although a 3 day water fast isn’t for everyone. I guess that is a bonus!

Have a great day, everyone!

Hello everyone and very happy to see you @penz!!!
    Heading home tomorrow so will check in then.
    Too much good food but such special times 💕 I don’t care… I’ll be back to focus for the rest of this week. 👍⭐️

Day 6, NFD, Aus

Yay!!! Basking in the PFDS this morning. I even stuck to a liquid FD (I had thought I might succumb and need to resort to a max of 500 calories to get me through but the will power won over.) Yay for me and my mojo – let it be here to stay.

I had to laugh over your bread @merryapple and your starter improving. Nice pun!

Happy belated birthday @at – looks like you had a lovely day and were well-deservedly spoilt.

Day6 NFD Auckland

@cocco I’d love a mystery loss of a kg or two!
    @at What a lovely celebration! It sounds so nice walking across fells. I’m a 20 minute walk from the centre of Auckland – Queen St. Just not the same!
    @penz the bread of life…
    @funshipfreddie the calorie one. My “500” cals last night was a bowl of leek and potato soup to which I added thyme and Lima beans, then a boiled egg and a slice of flat sourdough, a mandarin and a kiwi fruit. I have no idea how over the line I was!
    It’s 12 degrees C here inside and out. I’m trying to wrap up in warm woolly clothes and keep moving. However we also have lots of humidity in the air so I really do need to buy a dehumidifier to make it more pleasant.

Onward and downward!

Day 6 Melbourne, Australia NFD 76.9kg

I worked last night and had a “no carbs except for fruit and vegies” day. I did not count calories, just did not overdo things. And my weight is down over a kg. Which shows how much water retention carbs cause. For me anyhow.

My shift for tonight has been cancelled and after sleeping all day I think it will be a late night for me. Just have to ensure I don’t eat through it.

@at Like @merryapple I’m jealous of your hiking trips. I like living in the city and for me it is generally lovely. But it is an hour’s drive to get out into the country. Melbourne has some great parks and I sometimes walk there with friends, but it is not the same.

Have a good day all.

Day 6 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Well done @penz, @malee57 & everyone else who had successful FDs. Meanwhile, I’ve got PNFDS – post non-fast day SHAME. I seriously lost the plot last night. I think I need to go back to logging everything on MFP – even on NFDs – until I can behave myself again. Even the cat is disgusted with me, but I think that’s because I only woke up after 8 am 🤦‍♂️ At least I’m still at my goal weight, & still alcohol-free – after 8 months & 5 days 😇

@merryapple – 12 degrees here too! But supposed to reach 22 later. I’m so used to weighing food now, I can look at an apple or piece of cheese & guess how much it weighs within a gram or two. I’ve got one of those small, flat glass kitchen scales with a picture of a red pepper on it. You place the container/plate on it & then press ‘0’ so it just weighs the food you add to it.

I had to share this. Funny 😂 https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12160929/People-share-hilariously-passive-aggressive-messages-people-theyve-come-across.html

Maybe a FD tomorrow… 🤔

Day 6 – France NFD – 🚶🏼‍♀️

Hi all, I head home soon… have taken off my little icons as I’ve had a little alcohol, a little sugar but have left my walking/exercise one as I’ve been walking a lot!! It’s been great! Paris for two nights and then out in the country for the rest. @at your friend in Honfleur will be spoiled with some of the best seafood 🦞 😋 . Such a pretty spot 🇫🇷♥️

@funshipfreddie well done to you on 8 months + alcohol free!!! I’m back to AF from today again… just holidays and some high days…

Hi @fastingnurse – welcome back to you too! I missed your post.

@malee57 I hope you’ve managed ok on your NFD 💪

We are enjoying great weather up here ☀️but sorry to hear you all in the Southern Hemisphere are feeling the cold…

Oh… I’d say I’ve popped on 4 or 5lbs…. 😬 I can feel it now so the challenge will be real tomorrow 😂

Hope I get back… flights may be affected by strikes… what a shame that would be 🤭😂

Onward and downward ⬇️

We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 6 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 221 lbs. Well, let’s quickly see what went wrong yesterday, my post-FD:

* Overate at lunch
    * Snacked on leftover fries
    * Refilled soft drink and chose it over water for the rest of the day.
    * Ate a very late supper with family
    * Chose some sugary desserts along with, not instead of, fruit
    * Snacked again when returned home
    * Didn’t get a lot of sleep

I already know it’s wrong. I figure if I confess it openly here, it might help me with better accountability 🙂

Next FD will probably be Thursday.

Day 6 – Rural Nebraska, USA – in the middle of Vacation Bible School with entire family here…it’s joyous.

Need I say more? Am I eating reasonably? Almost. Drinking reasonably? That’s been a bigger challenge, LOL, since DS31, DS26, SIL30 are all rail-thin and creating cocktail after cocktail to sample, and then opening wine with dinner. I figure I’ll do my best to be reasonable (not-gluttonous reasonable, rather than 5:2 reasonable) and then clambor back on the wagon next week–I may need pushing and pulling both by then, but I’m certainly not getting on the scale this week!!!

And my dining room table–did I say DD29 (30 on Saturday)–is refinishing it? Life is a complete chaos, but a joyful chaos with two granddaughters calling “Gaga!” and reaching for me.

Okay, I’m off to continue my day; have a grand one, everyone!

So back here after procrastinating in April and Marvellous May and already late to June Jumpstart. At some point I need to put the words into action. This time I am on this mission (seriously). @funshipfreddie @merryapple @snowflake56 @lilymartin thankyou for remembering me 🙂 Hope you all doing good.

@jaifaim thankyou for hosting June. Hope we achieve our desired goals.

@merryapple I am having a similar goal like you from 88kgs to 70kgs. Even if I can maintain mid 70’s , would be wondeful. Good luck to you and everyone (and me too).

Day 7 NFD NZ

Morning all! Especially the fresh starters!
    I’m off to spinning/knitting group this morning so this is a quick check in.
    Had a big breakfast of muesli, Kiwifruit, 1/2 banana, yog then rather unnecessarily had toast so I’m feeling overfull…
    Hi Ho Hi Ho off I go!
    Have a good day!

Day 7, NFD, Aus

In the interests of confession leading to accountability (looking at you @northgeorgia!) we had a delivery of wine yesterday which meant, of course, we had to open (and finish) a lovely bottle of shiraz. So much for my planned DTF!

I expect to see you on that wagon next week, @stitchincarol – don’t let me down!

@suresh3101 – we got you! I’m not exactly sure what my end weight goal is, but like you 70kg seems about right. And I have a long way to go.

Thanks for the morning laugh @funshipfreddie. I like the car park one.

Day 7 Melbourne, Australia NFD 76.7kg

My younger sister and I are going to our older sister’s for lunch today. I am aiming for a reasonably restrained eating at someone else’s house day. There will be lots of fun and talking.

@stitchincarol I totally understand non-gluttonous reasonable rather than 5:2 reasonable. I want to enjoy myself with family without coming home regretting how much I’ve eaten because I feel so full.

Have a good day all.

Day 7 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD keto 800

Hey all, back after a loooong weekend away and yesterday was my 56th birthday, wine and yummy dinner out, so after all that, back into the wagon.

Going to drown myself in water today.

Have a great one all.

Day 7 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@suresh3101 & @fastingnurse – welcome back!

I’ve been roped in for – can’t believe I’m writing this, but, line-dancing 😱 At 10:30 am?! I always said I’d try anything once. I should’ve said, ‘…anything except line-dancing’. Oh well…

FD tomorrow for me, I think.

Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Pocket List – Day 7 🍓
    @daffodil2010 FD800

Day 7 – Ireland – badly needed FD – 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

Well I got back…. Some flights cancelled but not ours… I think that’s a good thing 🤣 but know where I’d rather be right now… busy day ahead in work…

@funshipfreddie 😂😂😂 that’s so funny! But I bet you will enjoy! 🕺 it’s great for the spirit!

@northgeorgia – well done in listing out what you think went wrong… I think if I did that I would be doing much better.

@stitchincarol sounds like fun times in rural Nebraska!!! 🍹 but family time is precious so enjoy!!
    @malee57 – on that enjoy your time with your sisters 👯‍♀️.

Hey @suresh3101 – great to have you back! We have 23 days to make a difference 💪. You too @penz 😄

@merryapple I bought some kiwis 🥝 – I do love them but had forgotten how much!

@daffodil2010 happy belated birthday to you!!! 🎈 What a birthday weekend you had ☀️☀️☀️
    I’m drowning myself in water too today… it will make a difference!!

Oh… I thought I’d popped on 4 or 5lbs…. 😬… can you believe it was more!!! One weekend of fun and good food and some alcohol – not all that much. Let’s see what one good FD can do 🤔.
    EOEO hopefully (@i-hate-lettuce 🤔 )

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List Day 7 🍓
    @daffodil2010 FD800
    @jaifaim

Day 7 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 222 lbs. Just a pound gain; not bad. Today is a FD, I believe, because a former co-worker is going to try to get together for a birthday lunch tomorrow. Next week will be disruptive as I have to take my mom to a doctor’s appointment on Monday, have a state meeting on Thursday, and we leave for a quick long weekend vacation on Friday. At this point, I’m just hoping June is putting on the brakes on the weight increase and creating a new U-turn curve downwards. I am trending 10 lbs higher over Spring of 2022. Certainly not a total loss, but time to get on track.

Pocket List Day 7 🍓
    @daffodil2010 FD800
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia

USA. Day 7. WFD

Today begins another 3 day water fast, so I am joining the pocket list.

Pocket List Day 7 🍓
    @daffodil2010 FD800
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco. WFD

Have a great day today!

Day 7 USA/Hawai’i FD800
    Jumping in late for June but still here and holding at about 157lb.
    Hope to get myself back in the groove with posting. All good with DH and being able to keep him at home with us as this journey continues.

Appreciate everyone being here and keeping this group going! Caregivers arriving so must get dressed and ready to open the door to another wonderful day.

Day 8 FD NZ

@funshipfreddie Your name sounds more PG Wodehouse than line dancing. But Bertie and Jeeves did travel to New York on an ocean liner so perhaps they went inland, bought a Stetson and joined the line?!!😆
    Happy birthday @daffodil2010!!💐🥂🍰
    @stitchincarol Lovely to hear you’re having such fun with your whole family
    @penz I down sized my glass for non party days. I use an old crystal claret glass rather than the usual buckets. Then I can have a refill!!!

Wow Jenny Craig’s gone under… When I tried it decades ago the food (if that’s what you could call that cardboard) was awful. Combining this with the portion sizes you could not help but loose weight. This might be something to think about…!!

Pocket List🐣
    Merry🍎

Day 8, FD, Aus

Grey drizzly day here and I have so much work to do I don’t even know where to start (hence my procrastination in reading all your posts).

I’m not sure whether I enjoyed your horror at the activity or the time more, @funshipfreddie. When do you commence your new line-dancing career??

Pocket list for day 8 (I might need it today)
    @penz
    @merryapple

Day 8 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD keto

My scale is broken! Well, probably just needs a new battery as its dead, but I am thinking this might be a serendipitous time to see how I go without the daily jumping on and off and getting complacent at what I see 🤔

Keeping it protein rich today, High Fat Low Carb (I think) and hope to get metabolism mooooooving.

Lol @funshipfreddie, I empathise with the horror of Line Dancing, can’t be,I Eve you were doing that at 10.30am 😆 Line dancing was huge in Ireland for a while,pockets of it still out there lurking, but never for me. I wonder if you enjoyed it and have become a converted one. Good for fitness though ☺️

Weather still holding out, planning another motorbike day trip on Saturday to the West, hope the rain won’t make an appearance.

@jaifaim I sure believe that weight gain was just holidays and will be easy on easy off.

Have a good Thursday.

Day 8 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@merryapple – you’ve got me buying kiwifruit now too! But at R 11 a pop they’re not cheap. I can buy 3 apples for R 12. Still, they make a nice change 🥝

@maui – good to ‘see’ you again 👀

@penz, @daffodil2010 & @jaifaim – the line-dancing was a disaster 🤦‍♂️ I just wanted to watch for a while, but they weren’t having it. I can’t even claim to have two left feet – it’s more like they’re on back-to-front. We did about 5 different routines in an hour, & I went from bad to worse. There was a lot of laughter though – not all at my expense – & I think I’d kind of enjoy it if I improved. So I’m going to see if there are any YouTube videos similar to what we were doing so I can get a bit of practice in before next week 🕺

Wishing all the Thursday fasters RESOLVE! Stronger Together 💪 🎯

Pocket List – Day 8 🐣
    @merry🍎
    @penz
    @daffodil2010 – FD keto
    @funshipfreddie

Day 8-No. VA USA-FD800

Joining the fasters today, as I appear to be stuck on my plateau of no significant gain, but no loss either, for the past 10 days. I am going to do this for three or four days to get things mooooving, as @daffodil2010 has said.
    @funshipfreddie, there are lots of Youtube videos of line dancing, which you can practice in the privacy of your new home. I hope Booboo does not try to join in and trip you up!
    @maui it is good to see your name and to hear that things are stabilizing for you at home!
    We are full of yellow smokey air here, courtesy of the winds carrying forest fire smoke down from Canada. A bit of rain would help, but none is coming for a few days.

Pocket list–day 8
    @merryapple
    @penz
    @daffodil2010-FD keto
    @funshipfreddie- FD800
    @excelsior12309

Day 8 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 218 lbs. June is going to be trickier than I imagined.

USA. Day 8. WFD

Pocket list–day 8
    @merryapple
    @penz
    @daffodil2010-FD keto
    @funshipfreddie- FD800
    @excelsior12309
    @ccco. WFD

Have a great day, everyone! I will be hiding in my house from the smoke. We are sat 361, which is rated hazardous! Last night my sister in Pennsylvania was over 500! That is the worst rating but that is moving my way now! If only we could get some rain. We shaven’t had any in several weeks. My lawn is turning to hay! 🙁

Day 8 Ireland – CD – 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

Hello all I’m so late to the party today but it has been so busy and a stressful day but holding firm… I do feel
    like I am chasing my tail but trying to just stop and breathe….

@funshipfreddie 😂😂😂 that’s so funny! You poor thing!
    @ccco and @excelsior12309 just dreadful to see the reports from the US! Stay safe and out of the smoke 😷

Hi @daffodil2010 – you need to head west to the heat! What are we like … the east complaining about the cold 😂😂 yes I think I’m on the way back down although must keep the focus… 🙏. Another busy weekend ahead.

Right I must dash as have a theatre night tonight!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 9 NFD NZ

Too cold in the mornings to weigh before breakfast (Macintosh gets up at sparrows’ fart)so I’m hoping all is well in the consumption vs energy expenditure dept… I’m going gardening in the jungle today.
    Oh my goodness – the forest fires in Canada… I can’t help but think of all the forest animals that have succumbed in a most horrible way…
    Onward and downward!

Day 9 Melbourne, Australia NFD 77.85kg

I can certainly see when I have more carbs reflected in my weight the next day. It is so easy and quick making a salad roll for lunch and a toasted sandwich for tea. But that is not good for one’s waistline.

@maui good to see you back here and that things are going okay at home.

@funshipfreddie maybe they could make a video of you line dancing to help make unhappy people smile 🙂 Sounds like you got a lot of exercise out of it. And some fun if you are going to keep going.

@daffodil2010 happy birthday and it sounds like you enjoyed it.

Have a good day all.

Day 9, NFD, Aus

Yesterday’s planned FD, didn’t. I won’t use the f word (and for the newbies out there, it’s not THAT f word!) but I am not proud of myself.

Way to go, @funshipfreddie! I did not expect to read that fact you are looking up youtube videos to practice at home!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 9 – Ireland – NFD – 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅
    158lbs

Good morning all! I hope you are well and have had a good first week of June!

Thinking of @michelinme this morning who was due to visit Ireland and I wonder how that all went… I would love to hear. 💕

Shouting out to all those we miss here too! 👋

@maui it’s so great to have you here! You are doing so well keeping your DH at home. I love to see your check ins – I’m sure time is precious for you so know that we are thinking of you and here whenever you fancy saying hello.

@penz I have been procrastinating way too much recently and it’s typical that I do this at a time where time is tight as I’m so busy! It just doesn’t make sense 🤔

@merryapple – I hope you had a productive day in the jungle! “Up at sparrows fart” 😂😂 that’s a new one for me!

Yes carbs for me are the killer @malee57! But I do find it hard to resist and feel full without them.. but I think eating them earlier in the day is the trick. Have found it hard to get back into the zone again this week but aiming for a super week next week so hopefully I’ll have company 💪

Have a great Friday everyone!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 9 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD – 69.1 kg

Friday morning PFDS 😇 I almost threw in the towel when I saw our power was scheduled to go off between 6 – 8 pm. But I knew I was just looking for an excuse. So I chopped up a carrot, apple & a small piece of cheese & munched on that. I try to avoid opening the fridge when the power’s off. And I prepared a couple of eggs & some tuna to throw in the microwave as soon as the power came back on. Voila. Easy fast day & just over 600 cals.

@penz – what happened? 🤔 Did hunger get the better of you? Were you just lacking RESOLVE? Did an unexpected visitor turn up with a Black Forest gateau & a couple of forks? 😅 Or maybe you just didn’t PLAN your fast day – i.e. what you’ll eat & when – & get rid of anything that might be too tempting? Planning might seem like a schlep, but it’s so worth it if it helps you to reach your goal. And it will! 🎯

@excelsior12309 – Boo Boo is almost guaranteed to join in my practice. She’s already a big pain when I’m doing yoga. She nearly always comes & lies on the mat while I’m doing the standing poses. And then she sometimes wraps herself around the one leg I’m standing on during the tree or dancer’s pose & tries to sink her teeth into my ankle. But I still love her 😻 I saw on the news about the fires in Canada, & New York & surrounding areas being blanketed in thick smoke?! Must be awful. I hope you get some relief soon!

@malee57 & @penz – I think the line-dancing will be fun if I persevere. It’s only an hour per week – & some homework – and they’re trying to get more guys there too. The other day it was only 6 or 7 ladies & one other guy 🕺

Happy Fr-yay everyone! 🍹

Day 9 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 220 lbs. Not pretty numbers, but overall, this week has looked better than the previous one. Trend is slightly dipping and although tomorrow and Sunday may look different, I’ve stayed away from the middle 220s and hugged tighter to the 220s this week. I’ll have a holiday disruption next weekend, but my goal is to get back to the middle 210s and begin my trek towards 190. I want to make it happen this year.

Day 9 – Rural Nebraska, USA

Today is both joyous (it’s the last day of VBS and I’m ready for it to be over because I’m exhausted–64yo women are not meant to belt out songs at the top of their lungs all morning while pounding the keyboard and going non-stop from wake-up at 4 to fall-into-bed at 10) and it’s melancholy (the whole clan leaves mid-day today to return to their respective homes). My dining room table is gorgeous and I’ll certainly welcome the removal of all the clutter that goes with four extra adults and two toddlers, but golly I’ve loved having them all here!

So off I go for one last morning…a new thing this year is that many of the kids are giving me a hug before they go home each day, and it’s never tough to be loved by a bunch of kids, you know? Reality will set in this afternoon when I am faced with all my usual tasks that I’ve completely ignored this week! 😂

Have a grand one, everyone, and I’ll be back on the wagon by Monday if not sooner, and we can all work at utilizing our very best RESOLVE!

Day 10 NFD NZ

Our dear friend Hebe the Labrador went to heaven y’day. Old age and a tumour helped her on her way. It makes me realise that my darling Macintosh the Westie is heading in that direction. He’s old (15 1/2) but he’s not out and looks half his age thanks to a thick white coat and an excellent appetite.

It’s difficult not to head toward carbs when it’s cold… Like you say @jaifaim I’m trying to keep them on the menu in the first part of the day… but spuds do creep on top of a Shepherd’s pie!

Onward and downward!

Day 10 Melbourne, Australia FD 77.95kg

Most of yesterday was restrained but the sister who lives with me had not good news about her house which she is trying to sell. So, we had fish and chips and a wine. Otherwise there would not have been an uptick in my weight. Today is a FD and I have planned what I am eating and will do my best to not deviate from the plan.

I will not be in internet range for the next few days so will not be able to post. However I will be conscious of how much and what I am eating.

Have a good weekend all.

Day 10 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@merryapple – sorry to hear about the loss of your Labrador. So cold here too! I’d love to hibernate, just wake up in the spring; but I guess I’ll just have to stock up on soup instead 🥣

@stitchincarol – welcome back! Sounds like you’ve been having a ball!

@malee57 – sending you RESOLVE for you Saturday FD 💪

Have a good weekend everyone 🌤🌈

Pocket List – Day 10 🍋
    @malee57

Day 10 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 221 lbs. Heaviest Saturday since February, but about a half pound average loss this week over last. Some of the habits I feel have gotten a little out of control due to this grief adjustment period — my brother is daily doing a lot of projects late until dark, and I help out where I can — and it means mom is cooking three or four hours later than what she did with my dad. And of course, we feel obliged to eat. I think the late night food, especially carbs, is taking its toll. I’m trying to have the willpower to say no — but it would mean squirreling myself away immediately upon getting home, eating something sensible, then rejecting anything next door or “saving it for another time.” Hard to do…

Day 10 – Ireland – CD – 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

Hi all!
    Oh @merryapple I’m so sorry you have lost your good pal 🐶! My best pal lost her dear lab last week and is very sad… they are precious friends who are we there no matter what is going on…💕
    @malee57 enjoy your time off the grid and wishing you resolve 💪
    @stitchincarol – I hope you had a good last day! And enjoyed all those hugs 🤗 isn’t it great that they can do that again… see you back on the wagon next week. And will be thinking of you as you wave the family off 🥲.
    @northgeorgia sending you hugs as it is a very tough time for you and your family and you’re still adjusting after such a difficult time 💕
    @funshipfreddie you could just keep dancing to keep warm 😂😂😂🕺. It is hard to imagine it’s cold in SA! We have a cold day here too- I am with mum so that’s actually better for us than the recent heat… we have more help with care during the week and some weekends now which is wonderful. 😇
    I have a work trip coming up next week so I’m trying to apply my mojo today and tomorrow.
    Have a lovely Saturday everyone!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 11 NFD NZ

We have just had the first completely fine week since March… El Niño is starting to kick in so it will apparently be a dryer colder winter.
    Y’day I relocated some native ground ferns into the park next door and washed the Mini. I’ve got more mojo to do belated autumn pruning now we have clear blue skies and winter sun.
    @jaifaim Hugs for your Lab friend. My friend is so devastated. We’re making sure she comes along to the dog park with us so she can talk about Hebe.
    @funshipfreddie I have just made some Mexican Bean Soup to warm up with which is funny because they use it to cool down!
    @northgeorgia I feel for you. We can see your struggle. At some stage finding a way to have a discussion with your Mother and getting her to buy into your weight loss journey might help you and make it easier for you to make good food decisions in other areas of your life. At the moment it sounds like she’s doing her best which suits your brother but not so much you.

Have a good Sunday!
    Onward and downward!

Day 11 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

I woke up with a raging sore throat this morning 😒 It feels a lot better now I’ve had something to drink; just hoping it doesn’t develop into something worse. There’s flu everywhere right now, but I got the vaccine last month, so 🤞

@jaifaim – you wouldn’t believe how cold it can get here?! 🥶️ Not too bad where I am. Most of the time it’s still in the lower 20’s during the day. It’s just night-time & early mornings that are cold. In the northern areas, e.g. Pretoria/Johannesburg it can go down to zero Celsius at night.

@merryapple – Mexican Bean soup sounds good! I won’t be making any anytime soon, but I’ve got a can of Mexican Chicken & Bean soup in the pantry. Only 200 cals, so it will fit in nicely with my FD.

Dr Mosley’s weekly column:- https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12179947/DR-MICHAEL-MOSLEY-new-weight-loss-jab-works-better-women-men.html?ito=native_share_article-top

All about taurine:- https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12173993/Red-Bull-really-DOES-wings-Secret-living-100-lurking-energy-drinks.html

Happy S🌞nday y’all!

Pocket List – Day 11 🥚
    @funshipfreddie

Day 11 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 223 lbs. Will probably do another FD on Tuesday; got a dinner and lunch meeting later in the week then several days of vacation. After that goes by, I’ll settle into a lighter pattern, I think.

Pocket List – Day 11 🥚
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

Day 12 – Ireland 🇮🇪 -NFD

So humid last night, hard to sleep despite windows open and a fan in the room. It’s cloudy now but forecast to be very warm and humid again today.

HFLC today, and lots of water. I am really feeling the high pollen count as well, despite antihistamine I am sneezing and feeling dehydrated, and so tired. Hey ho

Great to hear of everyone’s news. Have a good Monday.

Day 12 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD 68.9 kg

Not a great sleep for me either last night, thanks to an annoying, runny nose 🤧 . But no flu in sight, just a mild cold so far.

Mission accomplished re Sunday FD. @northgeorgia – I hope you had an easy one too? 💪

We’re almost to the half-way mark for June Jump-Start! Wishing everyone a resolved & successful week 🎯

Day 12 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 219 lbs. Horrible for a post-FD weigh-in. Still, tomorrow will be another FD.

Day 12 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 156.8…ouch

I knew my weight would be up after seven days of eating and drinking with little restraint. I don’t like that number, but am actually relieved it’s not worse. I’ve been contemplating my day, trying to sort out the choices I have and come up with a plan of restraint and reasonableness, but haven’t figured out dinner yet, so it feels quite up in the air still. However, I have a lot of gardening and the final planting to do, so perhaps that busy-ness will accomplish the restraint I may not otherwise find.

We really are a small group this month, aren’t we?

It’s 8:36 as I type, and I’m hungry. I’m never–or, almost never–hungry in the morning, and I suspect I’m hungry today because of how many carbs I had yesterday. I haven’t even made coffee yet, so that will hopefully soothe the hunger dragon. I won’t eat anything because morning is the one time I can COUNT on having the necessary RESOLVE to eat/not eat according to my intentions.

Have a grand one, everyone, full of success at whatever your eating plan is for today.

Day 13 NFD NZ 88.9kg

Well after a ‘good’ week I stood on the scales and I’m up .5 kg… I’ve eaten well – in control, planned, 2FDs, decent food and a wee drink from time to time so am a bit disappointed…

Back to the drawing board… watch the carb and cheese intake, drink whisky and water not gin and tonic or wine, up fish on the menu, watch serving size and no seconds…
    RESOLVE!!

Onward and if not downward at least sideways.

Day 13, NFD, Aus

Public holiday here yesterday which meant I didn’t have my Monday FD. Will try for tomorrow. No, I WILL do tomorrow!

Sorry to hear about Hebe, @merryapple. I know you (and Mackintosh) will miss her terribly. They’re only dog-sized but they leave such a massive hole in our lives and hearts when they leave us. Sniff.

Wow, day 13, and this is forum is only on page 2 still? Where is everyone??

Day 13 country west Australia NFD
    Wow !!! Almost Half way through June.😲
    Previous 4 days all NFDs.
    Just copying something I read a few minutes ago which really resonated with me as I have been buried in paperwork for the past several days.
    WFH, dining table covered in paper but STILL not enough to stop me making endless cups of tea /coffee and having a fit of the munchies. Unlike @northgeorgia, mine is sweets ??? not carbs.
    But still have Mojo in spades and working this week to lose that pesky 400gms -1 kg fat that is glued around my waist. 🥵🥵
    “Just because you feel hungry doesn’t mean you should always eat. As cognitive psychologist Judith Beck once said, “Hunger is not an emergency.”
    Nothing bad is going to happen if you feel hungry a little while and don’t eat. But good things may happen… like seeing your abs…” From Tom Venuto’s Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle site.
    Yes we are a small group this month but at least we ARE here and posting and 5:2ing.😊
    Back to the fermented foods for me this month.
    Sauerkraut in the fridge and being eaten .
    Will catch up with posts later.
    Downward and downward.

Day 13 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD keto

So DH cooked steak last night and red wine came with it. Although enjoyable, we both felt that enough is enough with the wine on a Monday, so seriously back to no alcohol during the week.

We both have been feeling seriously tired recently, could do with the crazy busy few months we have just had (of which there are still things going on until the end of June), but also we have not been exercising as much, drinking wine more often…..it’s time to stop the bad habits.

So it’s fast until lunch at 13.30 with a small tuna salad and dinner will be beef hamburger without all the sauces and bun. Loads of water, black coffee and black tea

@lilymartin, I once had Judith Beck on my kindle, I must see if I still have it, very wise words she has, thanks for reminding me.

@stitchincarol, yup a small group, but we are stil here, some of us trying, but that’s better than not eh ☺️

in July I will have been here 6 years, success was quick on the first round, lost 30lbs in a matter of months, almost back to the beginning despite being here al the time, but I need this group for accountability, though I need to think of you guys more often when I am eyeing up that cracker and cheese,

Resolve. Why do I choose to be fat? Day 1 of new mojo and new resolve.

Have a great day all. Xxxxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 230 total)

You must be logged in to reply.