June 2020 monthly challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
June 2020 monthly challenge

This topic contains 694 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  stitchincarol 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 696 total)

• Day 14 – Ireland – NFD

Very dramatic thunder and lightning here last night just as we went to bed… Dad and I enjoyed the show out on the deck until the rain came with the skies lighting up beautifully…. mum was scared so we had a bit of a late night . Mum never liked lightening but the Alzheimer’s means she forgets it’s happening until the next round comes… 🥴

We woke up to a beautiful day here and everything has been washed clean 🧼 .
    Have a lovely Sunday everybody 👍

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 14 UK NFD

Weighed in at 158lb again this morning or 3lb up.I suspect it’s because of yesterday’s icecream & bc my weekly Friday weighday – the one I record & track – is after my second FD each week. Nil desperandum!

Enjoying the fruits of yesterday’s repotting – the front garden looks like the home of an active gardener rather than someone who lives next to slightly wild overgrown plants! Lavender is flowering abundantly, wild roses waving and birds singing away. It feels as tho all is right with the world 🙂

Must go and have late lunch – due a catch up video call with DD this afternoon and hoping to repot sunflowers while we talk. Enjoying feeling connected but also looking forward to early bedtime!

I love the Sundays which give a sense of a breathing space. Wishing you all a good rest and refreshment today – or energy and enjoyment – whichever grounds you and grows contentment.

Day 14 – Switzerland – NFD

Sorry, haven‘t posted for some days. Managed two successful FD 800 last week, but didn‘t loose any weight – a small gain in fact. That‘s ok, I hope for a loss this week. I notice that my tummy got flatter, so still happy 😊

I did a virtual run today – they had to cancel the event because of Covid, but decided to let people run wherever they choose to (all at the same time). A little over 800 women participated at the 10k run and it was really kind of cool – in spite of the rain.

I didn‘t manage to read all of your posts but congratulations daffodil for getting your new job!!!

Day 14 – USA/GA – NFD

Well, up a few ounces today to tip the scales on exactly 262 lbs. My mid-month goal is 262, so it looks like I’m on track. I’m excited to see whether or not I can kiss the 260s good-bye this month LOL! Tomorrow will be my next FD.

@flourbaby Good idea! Actually brushing my teeth does make me very reluctant to eat anything for hours on end. Good idea to do that around 7 p.m.

@betsylee Yes! I still got a set of three khakis a coworker passed on to me when he lost weight (I’m totally OK with hand-me-downs), and they’re starting to loosen a bit, too. I can use a tighter belt to get a little more wear out of them, but I suspect by Fall, they will need to be packed away, too.

For those of you starting Monday in a few hours with your FDs, good luck!!

Day 14 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Not only is it a NFD, it won’t even be a CD as our DS is here and has Baked French Toast in the oven for our after-church brunch, and then we’ll have leftover grilled bbq chicken thighs tonight. Yum, yum, yum, but still, LOL! That also means tomorrow’s weigh-in day (yes, I weigh every day, and sometimes frequently in that day, LOL, but Mondays are my official weigh day) will not be at goal, and probably even higher than last Monday. Oh well, tomorrow is a FD so Tuesday will look lovely.

Have I just missed their posts, or are @at and @penz temporarily missing? I hope all is well.

Wishing you laser focus today on your goals…or a grand time eating if that is what you, as I, choose to do! 🙂

Day 14 Canada NFD

A croissant was consumed this morning. Away for the weekend so will correct any damage next week.

@michelinme so glad the test was negative, your garden sounds like it’s a place that’s good for the soul
    @flourbaby I love sauerkraut and fermented foods. A glass of kefir every night seems to help me get a good nights sleep

Can’t remember who asked about meditation apps? I use 1 Giant Mind. It’s free and offers a 30 day challenge.

Day 15, FD, Aus

Sorry all for not checking in on the weekend. My computer is in the study where I’m working from home, and opening it up on Saturday and Sunday feels too much like work! And I completely forgot I’m doing an all day online course today so am going to fly through skimming the posts.

So delighted to log in this morning and read @daffodil2010’s great news. Congratulations!! They’re lucky to have you.

I like a beer, @ihatelettuce and while it’s not my go to drop, some hot days, nothing beats it. I’m glad there’s so much more variety these days (and not the offerings of large international conglomerates). How long will you have to wait until you can drink your creations?

And a special welcome to the forum – @EmmaTaylor’s hipbones!

How are you feeling today @saffy420? Glad you had someone looking after you.

Oh, @flourbaby – your tooth (and jaw) situation doesn’t sound good. Wishing you speedy healing. But grrrr for what the delay has cost you.

Your positivity is shining through @michelinme! And thanks for the website. I’ll check it out. And good news re the virus result.

Day 15 pocket list:
    @penz

And I’m back on the DD!
    @penz

Happy Monday everyone. We’re half way through the month now so keep up that fantastic energy, motivation and determination.

Today’s question: what ‘self-talk’ is most effective for you?

Day 15 – Japan – WFD #47 in 2020

Well into the day already. I did some running this morning. Parks are open again in Tokyo, so I’ll probably start doing some other workouts again. That is good because stairs get boring.

Day 14 Ohio, US — NFD
    Day 12 — NFD
    Day 13 — NFD

All has been going well. The Saturday weigh in showed that I’m still on that plateau. Since the plateau has been going on for almost six months, I’ve decided to try another experiment; as a result, I’ll be taking a break from this WOL. It’s been almost two years since I started participating in the monthly challenges, thus this might be a good time to vary a little bit.

This is really a fine group, so keep up the great march onward and downward!

Day 15 Australia FD
    Hi Everyone,
    I’ve been away again

@matpi I’ll be sorry to see you have a break, however I have been inconsistent lately due to staying at the beach without computer coverage for breaks.

I think we cannot underestimate the effects of the covid 19 ‘scare’/threat to all of us and our WOL
    Our body chemistry can go into survival mode producing cortisol levels(post elevated adrenaline) that can keep us in the same spot with our weight….hanging in until the threat has disappeared. I saw this when working with the 2009 Australian Bushfire Bereaved and affected communities.
    Maybe the cortisol affect is what you .
    I may have said this before (I know I was going to)

Anyhow what an effort, encouragement and contribution you have made to the challenges group!

I mentioned the cortisol as I am doing all the ‘right’things and my weight loss is not going (which is great) but moving very slowly or not.
    I’ve decided to wait it out at present.
    I don’t feel ready to ‘help’ with the July challenge but will at some stage.

Day 15, Emden Germany, FD

@flourbaby no need to disappoint a proud small baker!

@penz don’t be sorry, you’re a great host and deserve a day off.

@matpi I’m sorry you’re leaving us but as someone who takes a break from this forum regularly, I understand. I always liked reading about your different approaches to get the weight down. I hope you find something that suits you. Take care!

Day 15 pocket list:
    @penz
    @dykask
    @aussiejill
    @snowflake56

And I’m back on the DD!
    @penz

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 15 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Great weekend, was Mrs IHL’s birthday over the weekend and very warm and sunny, early long walk followed by bottle of cold fizz while relaxing in the garden. As a special treat, fish and chips from our excellent local chippy! First time in over a year, had to book an order a week in advance ! We know how to live, well, restaurants are still closed so …..

Really need a FD today after this weekend, got some painting to finish before it gets too hot this morning.

@penz – Beer was made Saturday, fermentation should be complete quite quickly with being warm, leave to settle out for a week so next Monday bottle, then leave a couple of weeks. After that, it will continue to mature (condition) in the bottle, as long as it’s kept in the dark it will last for ages (light can cause it to deteriorate,skunking) I have had some of my beers that were over 4 or 5 years old, they were really good, don’t know why there’s a sell by date on beer, well I do, but it’s not because it goes off!

@penz – Motivation talk? …. ‘This is the healthiest I’ve felt for years, weight is the lowest for years, best shape for years, don’t ‘mess’ it up!

Take care all

Day 15 pocket list:
    @penz
    @dykask
    @aussiejill
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce

DD list
    @penz

Day 15 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Haven’t been able to read posts as the battery on this iPad is about to go dead so I thought I should post first.

We were out on the motorcycle yesterday for the first time, together, since last year. It was great to get out and about in our lovely county then we travelled over to see my Dad who was waiting for us with tea and ham sandwiches. So great to see him. So great that restrictions are lifting and normality coming back.

Aiming for an FD today, nothing until my small lunch, then maybe lentil soup for dinner. As I have not had time to do my usual baking and meal preparation I hope it won’t be a bust!

Have a good day fellow fasters.

Day 14 Oxfordshire, UK NFD
    Day 15 Oxfordshire, UK CD

Day 15 – UK – FD
    Day 13-14 – CD with lovely long walks
    Day 10-12 – Definitely NFD above TDEE
    Day 9 ended up a CD

Keeping busy and making the most of good weather days – managed 5miles on Saturday and just over 10miles on Sunday and best of all alcohol free and CDs 😇 after a few over TDEE days 👿

Started today with my usual Monday routine – 7am Broga class and planning a FD – always feels good to start Monday with a strong exercise class even though I hate when that alarm clock wakes me up!

@daffodil2010 – congratulations on getting a permanent job sorted out!! Hope you enjoyed the 🍾🥂on Day 12 with your girlfriends.
    @saffy420 and @flourbaby – wishing you both a good recovery
    @michelinme – good to hear that your Covid-19 test was negative but as you know all that means is that you don’t currently Covid-19 have but you may well have had it when you were ill – take care and hope your doctors can support you in managing your condition to an acceptable level 🤗
    @stitchincarol – just took a few days out but still here – thank you for keeping an eye out for me 🤗
    @matpi – please don’t give up and take time out as needed – hope to see you back with us maybe for the July challenge 🤗

@penz
    *Who is your strongest ally / supporter in this WOL? – it has to be my OH 👩‍❤️‍👨 does not follow this WOL himself but does not judge and supports as he has seen the effect on my physical and mental well being
    *What’s your favourite way to treat yourself? – Well it used to be having a massage/facial/mani/pedi but I guess Covid-19 has changed that so at the moment it is making me time and doing something that gives me joy each and every day 🤗
    *what’s your favourite exercise? – That’s easy – has to be yoga 🙏
    *what ‘self-talk’ is most effective for you? – again easy my motto for this WOL “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now.”

Day 15 pocket list:
    @penz
    @dykask
    @aussiejill
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @at

DD list
    @penz

Day 15 FD London

@Penz- dry till Fri really works for me. Never tried it before, but it really helps. I’ve got plenty of fake beer to help me through, and the real stuff for weekends. Result! I’ve also set myself a proper target – not keen on monitoring myself – goes against my particular grain, but I’m aiming for 12st ( BMI of 24 for me) by the end of the year. We shall see. Sorry, barging to the front again. Can’t help it… and thanks for the welcome to my hipbones. 😳😳😳
    Day 15 pocket list:
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @dykask
    @aussiejill
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce

DD list
    @emma-taylor
    @penz

Day 15 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@penz – to answer your question:- I tell myself, ‘tomorrow I can eat what I like’. And if it’s a particularly tough FD I go through the CBT outline, accepting ‘for now’ the hunger, rather than fighting it.

June Challenge Part 2 already?! We can do this, Monday fasters! 🏋

Pocket List – Day 15 🥕
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @dykask
    @aussiejill
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @funshipfreddie

DD List – Day 15 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie

Day 15 UK FD
    Quick check in Will have a read and catch up this afternoon when I’m thinking up my part 2 strategy

Pocket List – Day 15 🥕
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @dykask
    @aussiejill
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

DD List – Day 15 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 15 Brazil FD

Starting my first FD ever today. I did 16/8 por 5 consecutive years and developed BED. 2 weeks ago I started eating Breakfast every morning, but my body did not get used to it, so I put on a lot of body fat during this process. Im counting on the fast diet to help me shred.

Day 15 – USA/GA – FD

Whew, made it to my FD after another 4-day NFD marathon. Not bad. Although I gained weight back, the scales only crept up 1 lb., and that weigh-in jump happened yesterday (a few more ounces this morning). Still managed to meet my mid-month June challenge of 262 lbs. (if only by a few ounces, lol!)

I have a question. I see on the abbreviations page that DD, DS means Darling Daughter, Son. So, what is the DD list? A visiting day? 🙂 Just curious.

Good luck, everyone!

Pocket List – Day 15
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @dykask
    @aussiejill
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @champinator (Welcome!)

DD List – Day 15
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 15 – UK – FD

Hello Everyone

Had a smoothie for lunch. Small evening meal planned of liver & onions, carrots, green beans. All in just shy of 600 cals.

Wishing everyone a good week.

Day 15, London, UK, LFD

I’m banking another LFD today as I’m feeling a little ‘Meh’ and definitely contemplating an afternoon nap!!! I would usually break my fast at about this time, and since there’s zero hunger or roaring dragons ……………………………….. LFD it is!!

@matpi, so sorry to see you go, you had such success counting bites, perhaps that suits you more, with the potential to introduce IF somewhere along the way, if only for the health benefits, take care & pop in from time to time, just because!!! 🙂

@penz, for me the most effective self-talk is all about ‘locking the kitchen door’ and ‘NOT having even 1 morsel due to the ‘Avalanche Effect’’. Doing this in front of the mirror seems most potent!!! 😏

Welcome @champinator, I hope you find 5:2 easy to manage, bingeing is sometimes an issue for me, but I think it’s more of an emotional crutch in my case. Happy fasting!!!

@northgeorgia, I believe the DD list is the ‘Dry Drinkers’ list, who I think are only imbibing Fri-Sun!! 🍾🍷 🥂

No taking our feet off of the gas just yet ……………….. now to contend with June part II!!

“A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence.” – unknown

Day 15 UK FD

Hello everyone! Just checking in – I’m happily another half kilo off and down at 62.7kg. Yay! It’s coming off quite slowly, but I think that’s a combination of my two FDs being at 800, and working out. I’m definitely spotting new muscles and feeling leaner. So not too worried! I’ve also started a month’s workout challenge today that has me working out much more frequently, so we’ll see how that contributes to things.

@penz, for my self-talk, I often ask myself, ‘is this the sort of person I want to be? Do I want to be the sort of person who eats healthily, enjoys treats, or someone who has too much every time?’. Practising being that person when I’m around food seems to help me on my way.

Hope everyone is has a good FD today! x

Day 15, UK, NFD

It was supposed to be an FD today, but I will move it to tomorrow because I have some food in the fridge that can’t last any longer. That’s a beauty of this wol, flexibility 🙂

Have a great day/evening everyone 🌞

Day 15 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

@penz You are so very welcome to take off time, and I’m glad you were able to distance yourself from work at the same time!
    @at your string of “Definitely NFD above TDEE” made me chuckle; I have those on a regular basis, unfortunately!

My weight was up this morning, but I’m confident it’s mostly just because I have lots of food going through me; I did NOT eat 2lbs worth of extra calories. @penz, my self-talk includes the kind of reassurance I just typed out about not eating 2lbs worth of extra calories. Also: “Hunger is a good thing. It’s God’s gift to us so that eating is that much more enjoyable; embrace the hunger.” “Really? You keep your word to others, but your word to yourself about not over-eating is okay to break?” “I know you want that food, but waiting an hour isn’t that tough, and then think about what you have cooking for supper!” And it’s mostly around four o’clock in the afternoon that the hunger demon starts throwing a tantrum, not because I’m all that hungry, but because I like to pour a glass of wine or beer and snack on something while I’m cooking supper.

But this is a WOL, and I weigh ten pounds less than I did six months ago, and while the twenty more I’d like to lose feels overwhelming, so did losing ten pounds before I pulled that off. So, forward and onward; everything’s good.

Wishing you all laser focus on your dreams and goals!

Pocket List – Day 15
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @dykask
    @aussiejill
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @champinator (Welcome!)
    @northgeorgia
    @judyjudes
    @flourbaby
    @endellion
    @stitchincarol

DD List – Day 15
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 15 – Ireland – NFD
    Fabulous day here… busy cycling and hiking in the sun…
    Will catch up tomorrow!
    Good luck to the Monday fasters!
    Onward and downward ⬇️

USA Day 15 FD

I haven’t been online recently as my computer is on the fritz. I really need a new one but that is not possible right now until the stores open again. This is definitely not the right time to have things go wrong. In any case, I have been troubleshooting myself, which is funny since I am not very good with technology. This morning I couldn’t type but now I can. Fix it even if it turns out to be temporary.

In any case, I have lost 4 lbs. but am still on that rollercoaster. I keep losing and regaining the same poundage. I know it is because I am inconsistent. I will have to work on that.

Hope everyone had a pleasant day and I will be back whenever my computer allows me! LOL

Day 15 UK FD

Quick post for accountability. Back tomorrow to catch up with posts… x

Pocket List – Day 15
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @dykask
    @aussiejill
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @champinator (Welcome!)
    @northgeorgia
    @judyjudes
    @flourbaby
    @endellion
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco
    @michelinme

Day 11, UK, NFD
    Day 12, NFD
    Day 13, NFD
    Day 14, NFD
    Day 15, FD

FD today and it couldn’t come soon enough after 4 days off work and plenty of indulgent sweets. Mostly feeling guilty for not posting, as I know it helps with accountability.

Sticking to 500 cals today and hoping to see a nice number on the scales tomorrow (tbh I will be happy if I maintain, I think expecting any kind of weight loss would be too optimistic…)

I hope everyone is good and looking forward to the week ahead! We are past June’s half way mark, where did the time go?

Day 14, USA, NFD
    Day 15, USA. NFD

Ahh, my first “failed FD,” since I started in May. It was planned though/ took a hike with my friend who suggested lunch sitting apart outside – we were so happy to be together and out and about after months of isolation, I figured I could change my FD to tomorrow which is fine.

So I’ll be joining picket list tomorrow! Other than that, feeling fine. Thank you. Question of the day: the most effective self-talk for me to motivate this WOL is “I can have it tomorrow,” when I walk-in the kitchen on aFD and see something yummy & tempting.

Day 15USA (Illinois) NFD

Good to hear of successes and struggles — hugs to you all.

Onward and downward.

Day 15 FD

Late check in … successful FD after a bit of an indulgent weekend. So fed up faffing about with the 4 lbs I’d like to lose so my talk to myself has to be ” just get on with it! stop the extras and just stick with the plan! ”

Planning another FD tomorrow.

Day 16 Australia NFD
    Had a good fast day yesterday.
    I’ve had to move my days around a bit.
    Self talk…”you can do this” ‘Walking seems to make the difference” on NFD, because I love baking. “How about giving some of that cake/pie to a neighbour?”
    “staying on track is ok just stick with it.”
    I do get frustrated with my shonky scales …..They won’t go down enough or fast enough!!!
    “patience”
    It is difficult but I’m just trying to stay positive.
    No rain so far today! Was able to go out on a walk to start the day.
    Best wishes for the day everyone!

Day 16 Australia NFD

DD pocket list
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @brightonbelle
    @aussiejill

Day 16, NFD, Aus

PFDS! 🙂 Mojo feels like it’s on the way back.

@matpi – travel well. You know we’ll be here with open arms when you’re ready to come back.

Thanks for the info re cortisol levels, @aussiejill, interesting stuff. Hope you had a nice break at the beach!

Sounds like you had a fab day @daffodil2010. Has it really been since last year you got out on the bike?! And great to be able to visit family again.

Barge to the front any time @emma Taylor!

@funshipfreddie – I think my self-talk is a slight variation of yours. What can I look forward to eating tomorrow? (this works a little better than a promise to eat whatever I wanted – that would unleash a herd of dragons!) I also ask myself how I feel now at point B if I had eaten something earlier at point A – no different, huh! So don’t eat it!

Welcome @champinator! (Very strong handle name btw!) If your body is not used to breakfast and it’s something you’ve only just tried, ditch it! I used to be one of those people who believed in the “breakfast is the most important meal of the day” mantra and forced it down my throat every morning even though I wasn’t hungry. I eventually decided if I wasn’t hungry, I shouldn’t be consuming needless calories! Now I usually ‘break my fast’ around 1130. Not saying this is what you SHOULD do, but do what’s right for you.

@northgeorgia – you’re right, on the acronym list DD is darling daughter. A few days after the start of the list I decided to create a pocket list for those people who wanted to abstain from alcohol Monday to Thursday, or the ‘Dry til Fri’ crowd. Came up with the Dry Drinkers list (DD). Perhaps in retrospect, a confusing choice. Congrats for meeting your mid-month challenge!

Your self-talk sounds like a self-lecture, stichincarol!! Made me laugh.
    @cccc I’d trade a new computer for 4lbs. Well done!

@erikaa67 – don’t use the F word in this forum!! No such thing as a failure, just another day on the road. Catching up and enjoying time with a friend is definitely worth shifting a FD to accommodate.

DD list for day 16
    @penz
    @EmmaTaylor!

Question of the day: what’s the collective noun for dragons? Nah, seriously, which do you prefer: to lose weight or to lose inches? (me: the latter!)

Day 16, Emden Germany, CD

@penz I go with weight, I don’t measure myself often. I go by the fit of my clothes.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 16 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Count me in, as yesterday’s evening meal of all things fishy was not an FD 😆

It was so warm last night, humidity very high, had windows open and a fan going but phew, it was hot so did not sleep too well. And now it’s really foggy and only 12C!! How the weather changes in Ireland, it was only FAB yesterday with sunshine and high temperatures (that’s 23C ….hot in Ireland ha ha), and thunderstorm activity.

@penz I go with the weight ……it’s a tangible daily thing for me, and the milestones of passing through the stones, pounds, and kilos (I use them all, whatever it takes 😀) spurs me on. However, as I have been on a plateau then weight gain for the past year the motivation has taken a knocking.

I am going to experiment with upping my protein and keeping away from carbs for the next couple of days, still an FD, just different.

Have a great Tuesday.

Day 16 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@champinator – Welcome!

It’s a public holiday today – Youth Day – in sunny South Africa. But we’re still only permitted essential travel. And my car’s in the shop anyway, having it’s annual makeover. A few bumps & bruises to be removed. Okay, so I’m not the best driver… 🤦

@penz – I don’t really have a preference, as I think if you lose one, then the other naturally follows. But I never measure myself; it’s just easier & quicker to step on the scales. And the collective noun for dragons is, of course, a weyr! But ‘flight’ or ‘school’ is also acceptable🐉

Pocket List – Day 16 🍓
    @daffodil2010

DD List – Day 16 ☕️
    @aussiejill
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 16 – Lake district UK – CFD

Good morning everyone

Going to be very warm today so decided on a lazy day, despite everything we’ve been very busy, long walks, more DIY jobs around the house, brewing beer, gardening! It’s tough at times being retired, glad of a holiday, but that’s not going to happen for a while yet!

@penz – As far as this WOL goes I measure the weight rather than inches, although we recently went through our wardrobes and the amount of stuff that’s gone to the charity shop, wow!

The other thing I’ve changed over the last few months, I used to record all calories etc every day, every meal, snack and drink in a notebook. Also the calories burned from exercise from the Fitbit. Writing stuff down helped, but think I missed bits as it was purely numbers, no description of what the meal contained. After getting my head around it, now use My Fitness Pal App, it took a little while to get into the habit.

But now I find it so much easier logging everything on MFP each day and have a better record! My ‘notebook’ just gets one entry a day now, ‘Food calories’ from MFP and ‘Exercise calories’ from Fitbit. Then weigh in details each Friday, it’s just takes a few seconds and helps keep me on track.

Take care all

Day 16 NFD London

@penz, I thought of you last night! I was just getting ready to cheat on my FD, which didn’t go especially well. I had my hand on the Martini bottle, just to have a little drop before I went to bed, when I remembered Dry Till Fri!!!! Bottle put down, ( a bit sadly) and took myself off to bed. Phew. Thanks for adding me to the DD list!!!!

Day 16 – UK – CD

Hi Everyone

Yesterday’s FD was a bit near to 800 to be an effective FD for weight loss. Going to make today a CD to compensate and even the numbers out.

@ccco I’m the same and share your frustration. Looking at MFP I’ve been bouncing around the same weight for a year. On this day last year I was the same weight! At the very start of my journey I lost 20lbs over 4 months, then weight loss stalled before starting to go up again (without changing eating habits). Turned out my Thyroid wasn’t working properly. Now I’m on Levothyroxine I’ve stopped gaining the weight (if I stick to plan) but seem unable to secure any real losses. I tell myself if I didn’t eat healthy I’d weight about another 4 stone. I truly believe that. Keep at it.

@penz Both! TBH it’s harder for me to lose inches as can’t exercise like I used to, so building muscle and toning up doesn’t happen for me.

Take care, stay safe.

Day 16, London, UK, NFD

Again; I’m soooooooo looking forward to todays’ NFD!!! I’m definitely in the LFD groove and the NFDs are surprisingly controlled ………………… I didn’t go 40hrs on a coffee just to reverse the effects by scarfing down anything that moves!!!! I’ve had a look back at the 1st half of June and realise I’ve pretty much done 4:3 then ADF, the whole tooth extraction messed with my days …………………. Et voila! ADF!!

So, in conclusion ………………… Feeling like death warmed up, combined with constant pain, add in some super strength painkillers, follow it with the inability to chew, the 12hr sleeps & afternoon naps ………………….. I’ve got this nailed!!!! 😂 😂 Actually, in all seriousness, the LFDs are (don’t jinx it) doable, the NFDs up to TDEE are NOT proving to be wine or carb filled banquets, exercising on either day feels great and although I planned to minimise ‘scale’ visits ……………………………… the 1st half of June with its 7 LFDs has resulted in a 7lb loss!!! I’m not sure I could manage if I was going to work, but being at home has made this completely achievable 💪 💪 I really hope my view of the plateau continues to remain in my rear view mirror!!

@penz, I love it ………………………. ”I’d trade a new computer for 4lbs.” ………………….. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me!!! 😂 😂 Also, we discussed this many, many moons ago, it’s a ‘WEYR’ of dragons; this forum is great for learning new things, even at my advanced age!!! Aah, I see terrible driver or not, @funshipfreddie has done the deed!! 👏 👏

Today’s question : To be honest it depends on which way the wind is blowing!!! 😂 If I’m on the bloomin’ plateau, again, then it’s inches, if the lbs are falling off of me, its those fickle scales all the way!!! 😏 😏 Of course, fitting into clothes that look impossibly small on the hanger (Yes, I buy stuff I KNOW won’t fit ……………. I always had a problem with NEVER finding cute clothes in my size 😖!!!) is always a morale booster!!!

Stay strong everyone!!

“How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it!” – George Elliston

Day 16 Brazil NFD

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

I did my first succesful FD ever yesterday. It was not that difficult and I did not binge. I consumed around 800 calories and most of it coming from protein. I think that one of the major benefits of the 5:2 diet is that it teaches you how to be more tolearnt with hunger. I will stick with 2000 calories today and fast again on Thursday

Day 16 – Ireland – LFD
    @penz I prefer to see weight dropping more than measurement reducing but know that one follows the other ….
    I am shocked by how slow my progress is generally at the moment but I am keeping the faith… 💪
    I did see a nice low weight a week or so ago so maybe I’ll spot it again 🤔

Welcome @champinator!

Pocket list Day 16
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim

It looks like an Irish 🇮🇪 pocket list for the moment? anyone else in?

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 16 – USA/GA – NFD

Good fast day yesterday. Since working from home, I have broken the meal into three parts: a snack for lunch (yesterday I didn’t have this until 1:30 pm), a main course about two or three hours later (5:30 yesterday! I was busy with other projects that I lost track of time; yay!) and then a lighter course or snack as an early supper around 6 or 7. I did my chicken/popcorn snack last night but added a tablespoon of salsa for 7 extra calories but a whole lot of satisfying flavor!

This morning I decided to measure my waistline and I appear to have lost anothe half inch. I weighed in at 260 (barely, but it counts LOL). My end of June goal is 259, so this is good! The last time I weighed 260 was November 2018 (yes, I have records of my attempts – and mostly failures – since 2016, so I found a use for those old files at last haha). Under my old habits, I would have helplessly watched my weight climb at several points by now, including this morning. But the 5:2 really works, and it fascinates me. Even when the weight loss rate slows down, which I know is coming, I know this WOL is successfully getting me closer to a healthier body.

Good luck to those on the Pocket and DD lists today!

Pocket list Day 16
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim

DD List – Day 16 ☕️
    @aussiejill
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 16 USA (Illinois) FD

It’s my one-day-a-week FD to keep on maintenance. Friends, this has worked for me for years. I am still pretty careful on NFD’s, but still need that 400-500 calorie day.

@champinator – welcome. You will find this group of fasters to be the best folk in the world.

@northgeorgia – congrats on your success! YES! This plan works. I am somewhat like you on my FD’s with an early afternoon snack (for me, an apple for regularity) then main salad with some protein about 5:30-6:00. I don’t have anything after that except water.

I have always preferred losing inches over pounds, @penz — although the pounds are very nice too.

Pocket list Day 16
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @songbirdme

DD List – Day 16 ☕️
    @aussiejill
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Onward and downward.

Day 16 Oxfordshire, UK CD
    Visited my mum yesterday :-), so no chance of a FD, but a successful CD. Managed to buy lots of goodies at our local market this morning, including some soft cows cheese with herbs. Since lockdown a local dairy have gone back to bottling their own milk (rather than sell it to companies like Costa) and bring that, cheese and a form of clotted creamto the market. Trying the milk and cheese this week and maybe the cream next week.
    @penz – I’ve not been one for self-talk to motivate myself in the past but since taking up running I have noticed that I tell myself ‘this will be a good run’. Maybe I should try the same approach to fasting.
    Weight is only a number so I prefer to lose inches. It’s great when clothes become loose.

Day 16 – Japan – NFD

My water fast was harder than normal but I made …

These days I’m swamped with work. I guess I should be counting my blessings.

Day 16 Melb Aust FD800
    Day 15 TDEE

@northgeorgia, re trousers – having the same problem. With losing inches, but liking particular pairs of jeans, I’m also having to use a belt to hold them secure.

@penz, self-talk? Probably a combination of @at‘s “mantra”, which I really use to encourage myself, and the same as @Ericaa67 – “I can always have it tomorrow”

Re weight or inches declining – I’ll take both, thank you very much. I guess if there is an increase in exercise, there may be a temporary hiatus to weight loss as fat turns to muscle, and then a decrease in inches is very welcome, but in general, I like to see both happen.

@matpi, sorry to see you go, but try to make sure it’s a temporary break. Hope to see you back again when you feel ready to return.

Pocket list Day 16
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @songbirdme
    @betsylee

DD List – Day 16 ☕️
    @aussiejill
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Onward and downwards everyone!

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 696 total)

You must be logged in to reply.