June 2020 monthly challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
June 2020 monthly challenge

This topic contains 694 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  stitchincarol 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 696 total)

• Day 9 – USA/GA – NFD

Yesterday’s FD was a little tougher. I guess having 4 NFDs in a row awakes the hunger dragon more easily. By 7 p.m., I usually have eaten most of my calories save 100 to 150, but my inner whiny child awoke alongside the hunger dragon. “I don’t wanna eat that; I don’t wanna eat that either…” Fortunately, I had some precooked smaller pieces of baked chicken breast and I did some calculations based on my cravings. My own “cravings” bowl consisted of a little less than 1/4 cup of baked chicken on the bottom of the bowl, a few tiny shavings of “mozzarella” block cheese, a tbsp of unpopped (yielding about 2.5 or 3 cups of popped) popcorn that was stove-popped with a little cooking spray, a light sprinkle of ranch salad dressing dry mix, and a whole kosher dill pickle. I calculated it to be just under 150 calories, and the inner child and hunger dragon calmed down until bedtime.

After several days of plateauing, I was down 1 – 1.5 lbs. this morning.

@penz I have told my family and a few co-workers what I’m doing, and most are supportive — a few commenting that they already see a difference; the others, so far, have just kept quiet. My mom and one co-worker are intrigued and are watching my results; I think they want to join in. I will tell my co-workers it’s my “Hangry” day out of jest, but I don’t really think (nor have been told) that I’m more snippety, although I will confess to feeling a little tired or a bit of a headache (in the case of the latter, I always be sure to catch up on my water intake, and it usually subsides). Others that comment, who are probably not that interested anyway, are just told that I’m trying to lose weight.

@stitchincarol Congratulations on the weight drop! I love it when the numbers go down.

Good luck, everyone!

Day 9USA (Illinois) NFD

Good CD yesterday – still maintaining.

Onward and downward.

Day 9 Ire NFD

HELLO, Was ment to fast today but woke up hungry and cranky so decided not today D. That’s the beauty of this 5.2 it’s so flexible. If I was doing WW or Slimming world I would be beating myself up by now. I will do it tomorrow and not feel guilty.
    I don’t tell many people what I’m doing because they can be vampires and suck all the positivity you have worked so hard to find right out of you !!!
    Best just get the support from you guys and those who understand the 5.2.

Will be back soon. Take care.

Day 9 – UK – FD800 or CD

Yesterday was a good FD600 with plenty of exercise and aiming on today being either a FD800 or a CD – but will see how I feel and the day goes??? I have my regular High Impact Pilates Class later this afternoon with OH joining me as well

@georgia83 – Hope your back pain is gone now or at least easing off
    @funshipfreddie – how I wish I could go visit my hairdresser – starting to look like a wild woman here ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
    @penz – forgot to answer your daily questions so here goes
    *Most effective way youโ€™ve been able to defeat the hunger dragon = drinking a glass of water evreytime I think I’m hungry!
    *One bad habit you could instantly and magically eradicate = snacking in the evening especially when it involves a glass or two of wine!!!!
    *Whatโ€™s your strategy for dealing with the 5:2 naysayers = All my friends and family just accept that fasting is part of my life now – 4+ years down the line and they can see it works for me. I don’t tell new people I meet that I’m fasting anymore unless they ask – it’s a bit like my not eating breakfast – everyone seems to think that it’s the most important thing to do and that they will faint if they don’t eat breakfast…….

Trying to abstain from any wine until the weekend – On Friday evening I’m planning on watching the Royal Opera House Ballet – La Fille Mal Gardee featuring Marianella Nunez and Carlos Acosta – will be linking in with some friends before, during the interval and at the end for a chat about the ballet. When we used to go to the live showings, a glass of wine was part of the interval chat!

Maintenance remains my game and vigilance is certainly needed to stay there โ€œIf I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now.โ€

Day 9 Canada FD

Yay it’s a FD, number 3 of 9 this month for me. An egg late afternoon and a small chicken salad and I am done ๐Ÿ™‚

@penz I don’t broadcast I am fasting, I don’t think many people comprehend it is ok to skip even one meal. I was the same before finding this WOL. @i-hate-lettuce I like your reply and will use it

Good luck fasters. I am hoping to dispact some excess today!!!

Pocket List โ€“ Day 9 ๐Ÿ
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @mia139
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby (LFD)
    @bellyblast

Day 9 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

I’m going out to lunch with three friends tomorrow, so I’m very aware of needing to control my food today to compensate for tomorrow. Yesterday’s FD went very well, as I ended up eating far less than I’d planned, because I felt fine after the little bit I did eat. I’m considering my options for today, so that I don’t feel deprived, but still limit my calories.

I’ve learned that I have to make NFD meals lovely, with lots of textures and flavors, or I’ll just keep eating in an effort to satisfy my inner demon. Really, I’d weigh 50 pounds more than I do (which is 10 pounds over the highest weight for my height) if I simply gave up, because that demon is huge and powerful. Starting in mid-2018 and through all of 2019, I kept toying with giving up. Kept thinking I simply no longer cared about being as thin as I was when I was 32 (I’m 61 now). Kept thinking there was no shame in having extra weight on my body–everyone does, after all. Somehow, I’ve come out from that mindset, and am down 12 pounds from my highest, and am aiming for at least another 15. I’d need to lose another 20 to be as thin as I was when I was 32.

@penz Like so many have said, I just don’t talk about it anymore; if people believe they’d starve if they tried to eat so few calories, then nothing I say could make a difference. But I love the comment (so sorry I don’t remember who said it) that the difference between starving and fasting is choice. I’ll remember that one!

Wishing us all a laser focus on today’s goals!

Day 9 UK CD

Last night I glimpsed a hint of rib in the mirror for the first time this year. I think perhaps my renewed focus in June is paying dividends. Mojo awakens ๐Ÿ™‚

Another busy day and not eaten yet, but lovely supper in the oven and I’ll bank it as a solid CD. I will make a point of eating early lunch and early supper tomorrow ahead of evening meeting so I don’t fall into the OMAD evening routine again. But I’ve drunk more water, made a flask of fresh ginger tea to replace my usual 2nd/3rd black coffees and feeling slightly swamped but good.

@betsylee thank you for keeping tabs ๐Ÿ™‚ I got an email from the research symptom tracker app referring me for Covid testing last night, so have spent a chunk of today getting a home test organised for tomorrow. Spoke to my regular GP who is organising chest x-ray and arranged to see me next Thurs to check BP & arrange 24hr ECG +/- 24hr BP. Both need me to have a negative covid result first, which I calculate should just squish in in time. Tho it’s my birthday next week & I really don’t want to spend the day waiting in the x-ray queue.

@matpi not a labyrinth this time. But 13 slow and steady laps of my flat, while listening to a meditation from a priest in covnersation with an artist as they walked through ancient woodland

@penz I had lots of comments and queries at the beginning bc weight loss was quite dramatic and noticeable, particularly the first 9 months going down 3 dress sizes and shedding around 20% of my body weight. They ranged from ‘are you ok?’ to ‘you look amazing!’ and ‘is that safe?’. I remember a fascinating conversation with priest friend about the science and religious history of fasting. My family are always sceptical and think I’m weird whatever I do, but on the whole I think 5:2 has become more known in the last couple of years which helps.

@jaifaim sounds like a fabulous way to open your horizons after long restrictions!

@daffodil2010 keeping everything crossed for you for a wonderful next chapter ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 9, UK, NFD, 67.6kg

Thank you everyone who wished me well, my back is 50% better today which is great, still can’t twist my neck and look back properly but in one or two days time it should be back to normal *virtual hugs*

Weekly weigh in today, happy with the result, it does mean I am a week away from dropping my BMI from overweight to normal! This will definitely keep me on track this week.

Did have a few ‘celebratory’ snacks throughout the day due to being tired (I see I’m not the only one not sleeping enough on this forum, many of you struggling with it at the moment), stressed (lots of little petty arguments at work today – must be full moon or something) and not drinking enough (full on day so barely had time to sip anything but coffee and diet coke to keep me going).

So ended up eating a large slice of white bread with butter (can’t go wrong with a classic haha), 3 shortbread biscuits and 1 chocolate ice cream. Plenty of garlicky croutons on tonight’s salad, but hopefully should get back on track with a FD tomorrow.

@penz I don’t really talk about fasting to anyone, most people just assume it’s some sort of eating disorder and I can’t be arsed to explain myself to them and having them ganging up on me because of my different lifestyle choices.

Day 10, NFD, Aus

Amazing how one comment can *click* and help reset my brain. Thank you @emma Taylor โ€“ your characterisation of weekends being โ€˜special againโ€™ by doing Dry til Fri really resonated with me. I realised that, yes I can treat wine as a special treat, and not as a routine ‘go to’ at the end of my working day. DD โ€“ Iโ€™m back in!

JudyJudes โ€“ excellent decision re putting the chocolate out of your shopping basket. It will taste all the better once you reach goal. You too @betsylee โ€“ so true that a lot of the stuff we put in our mouths is not food!

@northgeorgia โ€“ not a whiny child AND a hunger dragon! A doubly whammy. You coped well but I would have been tempted to put them both in the naughty corner with no play time! And great loss on the scales too.

Youโ€™ve had a great self-talk @stichincarol โ€“ I admire how long you argued with yourself. And won!

May that rib fully reveal, @michelime! Hope all your tests, and timing, work out for you.

@georgia83 โ€“ 5:2 as an eating disorder! Really? Not heard that one before.

Some great responses to the 5:2 naysayers (tho wishing the fat fairy on them sounds a little harsh @flourbaby!!) Which leads me to todayโ€™s question. Who is your strongest ally / supporter in this WOL? For me (having pondered this question overnight), itโ€™s this forum. You guys!! So thank you.

For our European friends, or anyone who is fascinated by maps:

https://www.farandwide.com/s/cool-maps-europe-11a66f6c5ec04106?fbclid=IwAR1jTOWQ74gGYLee6GhdqZdrplkTjmHk0zrE6ENpU_eowcZLatFjCobvv6A

I loved seeing all the cheeses made in Europe! (It’s down quite a ways…)

Day 10 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Once again having problems accessing pages on this forum from my iPad so can’t catch up with yesterday’s goings on. Hope everyone is fine.

No FD for me yesterday, but it is today and tomorrow, a B2B, and then I meet up with my two best girlfriends on Friday night in my friends house for celebratory social distance champagne. Yay, lockdown is receding.

Have a great day and best wishes all you hump day fasters.

Day 10, Emden Germany, FD

@penz my strongest partner is my husband.

Pocket list day 10
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

2nd post

@penz, this forum is the greatest ally for sure ! Most others, even DH, think it’s a bit weird, but you guys, just KNOW!!

Day 10 FD Ire

Hello, Fd today and up early for my new job training. I feel my brain has woken up since the weekend and starting my job. It’s TRUE you need to exercise the brain !!! I need to exercise the body more though. I was down another pound this week and keep visualising a pound of butter or sausages wrapped around my middle !!! So am happy with that. It’s slow and steady and I’m not suffering so good result. I have started to use visualisation as another tool to help me along. Visualisation can be very motivating. Get a picture in your head of the slimmer healthier version of you wearing the item of clothing you want to fit into doing a new activity your aiming for. My movie in my head is , me going with some friends to the river and putting on a wetsuit and going canoeing down the river with confidence and having great fun. I can continue the story by then getting the glad rags on and especially that fab jacket that used to be too small ,and going out on the town. ๐Ÿ˜ it’s good fun you can let the imagination run wild ๐Ÿ˜‚
    ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I better come back to reality and get some work done.
    Have a good day everyone xD

Day 10 – Lake district UK – CFD

Good morning everyone

Great FD again yesterday, another 8 miles walking, 1183 calories burned off, then sitting out in the garden, no wonder I slept well last night, overdosed on fresh air again!

Like many I find the FD’s easy, but the NFD’s have got much better, managed to stop snacking, particularly in an evening. Allowing myself one day a week off has also changed somewhat, a glass or three of whatever I fancy, but the food/snack consumption has dropped off even on my ‘day off’! More likely to find me having a huge breakfast, which will be a big bowl of cereal and loads of fruit!

How things change, grocery shopping online has also helped, not as much temptation! But even when we ventured into our local shop on Monday the treats, big punnet of blueberries, cottage cheese instead of high calorie soft cheeses. Even simple things like potatoes, lifting them fresh in the garden, just enough for the meal for the two of us helps portion control.
    Luckily we have an excellent farmer who sells beef and venison direct to the customer. Far better quality and because it is such good produce with excellent flavour the amount needed is a lot less, which certainly helps.

Plus, my morning call into the Monthly Challenge, just keeps the brain ticking over and the motivation going!

Take care all.

Day 10 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ โ€“ NFD

@penz – my strongest ally has to be this forum, & all my fellow fasters. Closely followed by the MFP app, which makes navigating NFDs & maintenance so much easier.

@daffodil2010 – that’s the first time I’ve seen ‘WEIRD’ spelt correctly in…forever! Virtually everyone seems to get it wrong, because of that pesky ‘i before e’ rule. One of my pets hates – spelling mistakes. Weird, but true. And now everyone will be watching out for one of mine ๐Ÿคฆ

@flourbaby – “…I just zip it and hope the fat fairy pays them a visit!!!” ๐Ÿ˜‚ You’re hilarious!

Happy Hump Day! ๐Ÿซ

Pocket List – Day 10 ๐Ÿ’
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @dee22

DD List – Day 10 โ˜•๏ธ
    @funshipfreddie

Day 10 UK NFD

Iโ€™m with the keeping 5:2 to myself camp , thatโ€™s why I like this group no judgement just a lot of support . Since lockdown my hubby has joined me on the 2 fast days – the fact he seems to be able to drop weight a lot faster than I can is a little irritating but hey ho Onwards and downwards as we say Just visualising is both on a lovely beach with our lovely beach bodies is inspiration enough ๐ŸŒด

Day 10 – Ireland – CD

@flourbaby and @dykask and others you inspired me to do a LFD yesterday… OMG it was tough in the late afternoon… and I crumbled and had an orange.. but otherwise just water and coffee… and one bovril…
    But, I slept really well which was a big surprise and I feel great today… no brain fog… so I may try it again sometime.. ๐Ÿ‘Œ
    Down over a lb today but I suppose thatโ€™s to be expected.. weโ€™ll see what happens in the longer term…

@penz – my greatest ally is this forum and group… I learn so much from you all and feel very supported in both the good and bad times… There is such a wealth of knowledge, advice and support here itโ€™s truly one of the best places for me to โ€œbeโ€. Thanks all ๐Ÿ’•

Have a good day all – itโ€™s another grey and wet one here.

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 10, London, UK, NFD

Iโ€™m sooooooo looking forward to todayโ€™s NFD after yesterdayโ€™s 25cal LFD!! Iโ€™ve just had my mocha and prepped the veg for my prawn stirfry this afternoon, this evenings dinner is already in the fridge, so Iโ€™ll be able to get on with work until the dragon roars, considering the lengthy fast, Iโ€™m not particularly hungry, but as we all know, it only takes one tiny, miniscule, microscopic morsel to be consumed for the avalanche to commence!!!!!
    Iโ€™ve fasted from 7pm Monday evening to 11am today, during that time Iโ€™ve had 25 cals in semi-skimmed milk, but Iโ€™ve also completed 3 walking classes with Leslie and to be honest, I put a heck of a lot more effort into those three classes than Iโ€™ve previously been doing!! When I started 5:2 the big revelation was jumping out of bed the day after a FD full of energy I used to love that feeling!! Now I know why itโ€™s been missing, clearly both my recent FDs and NFDs havenโ€™t been exactly โ€˜by the bookโ€™!!!! Self-sabotage & denial!!!!
    @songbirdme, I thoroughly enjoyed the maps of Europe, the beer consumption came as no surprise, when I think of Germany, I think beer!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ The cheeses were interesting, I have a LOAD more cheese to try in my lifetime, yay!!!!

@penz, I have to agree that the greatest support throughout this journey has been the members of these challenges, nobody ever understood the struggles I was going through with my weight; the rude comments & name calling from family members (mainly my dad & aunts โ€“ a different generation!!) throughout my childhood meant they were never on my list of supportersโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ. They may love me, but they couldnโ€™t help me!! None of my friends get the fasting โ€˜thingโ€™ so itโ€™s never discussed, thatโ€™s why Iโ€™m so grateful for this forum!! I KNOW I can come here and say I did a LFD without fear of judgement!!!!

@funshipfreddie & @penz, I would love to say I wouldn’t wish the fat fairy on anyone, but there are just some people๐Ÿ˜ ……………… well, you understand, I never said I was an angel!!!!

I better get back to work, the sir-fry will be calling my name soon.

Stay strong everyone, weโ€™ve got THIS!!!! ๐Ÿ’ช ๐Ÿ’ช

Day 10 Melb Aust FD

Today has been going okay, which is always good on a FD.

@penz, my greatest support for this WOL is the monthly forum plus a forum of Southern Hemispherites. I don’t really talk about it with anyone else.

@michelinme, it sounds like you’re being well looked after, with the appropriate tests to check out what happened. Let’s hope it was a one-off weird event, but if not, your tests should reveal what was going on. Sure hope your Covid-19 test is negative. As you probably had the virus, a negative test would surely mean you’ve recovered from that and just need to regain strength. Please keep us all informed.

@funshipfreddie, Note my (correctly-spelled!) use of weird in the previous post. ๐Ÿ™‚

Pocket List โ€“ Day 10 ๐Ÿ’
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @dee22
    @betsylee

DD List โ€“ Day 10 โ˜•๏ธ
    @funshipfreddie

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 10 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Today is my daughter’s 27th birthday. How in the world did that happen??? She and SIL and DGD live 600 miles away, so no cooking a birthday dinner for her, more’s the pity.

I am, however, getting a pedie today and going out to lunch with three friends. It’s been months and months since we’ve gotten together, so it will be lovely to chatter and catch up. I’ve been working at persuading myself that a salad and an iced tea will be perfect, and I don’t need a juicy burger and a beer. Wish me luck at succeeding in that persuasion, LOL!

My biggest supporter in 5:2 is my husband. He’s the one who talked me into trying it back in 2013; he’d seen the video and liked the health benefits that come from it (he has a BMI of about 20, so weight loss is clearly not needed). In the seven years since then, if he’s focused on a FD, I succeed; if he wants to fall off the wagon, so do I. Mostly, however, he sticks to our Monday/Thursday FD plan and is happy whatever I say we’re eating those days to achieve our OMAD calorie goal. Good man.

@georgia83, a big CONGRATULATIONS on nearing that “no-longer-overweight” benchmark!!
    @dee22, congratulations to you for being down another pound!!! I’m going to start using visualization as well; sounds like a great tool.

I wish us all laser focus on our goals today!

Day 10 – UK – NFD

Iโ€™m eating to plan but currently find iโ€™m not losing. Very frustrating. Since getting back on it I initially lost 3lb then put a lb on overnight. Now I find Iโ€™m bouncing up/down the same lb. I never eat over 1100 cals a day. Mostly around 1000 and 500 – 800 cals on FD. Must be my limited mobility & thyroid illness (which Iโ€™m on meds for). I will carry on and refuse to eat my feelings.

Take care, stay safe.

Day 10 – USA/GA – FD

Well, after last week’s 4-day NFD block, I decided to move my FD to Thursday this week. But my schedule today is really busy with lots of meetings and tasks to complete at work (compared to fewer planned events on Thursday), and there will be lots of rain and storms all day long, too (compared to drier and sunny air tomorrow). And when I saw my weight this morning jumped right back to where it was all of last week, that was the final straw. If my world is crying out for Wednesday to be a FD, then today will be a FD! I’ll just have to strategize for the 4-day NFD stretch this time around.

Although I did have a heavy lunch yesterday, supper was pretty light. I figure I didn’t get but around six hours of sleep last night, which is not good. However, I do think most of my gain is water retention; it is getting hotter and muggier here.

How long do your plateaus seem to last? I think I’m falling into the standard pattern of “downward steps” instead of constant loss, but don’t have enough data to determine the average length of the leveling off. From the two plateaus I’ve gone through while on 5:2, they seem to be about a week and a half long. In the past, the plateau seems to end with more frequent bouncing back and forth before a “permanent” drop or increase in baseline weight. @judyjudes Keep it up; maybe your weight is about to drop after the frustrating see-saw?

@stitchincarol Have fun today!

@ihatelettuce An 8-mile walk would do me a world of good, too! Great work!

@dee22 I like that visualization technique. I’m going to try that.

So far, I can tame the dragon on FDs, but NFDs tend to be a little sneakier. Particularly the day after! What do you do to prevent accidental binges the day after a FD?

Pocket List โ€“ Day 10
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @dee22
    @northgeorgia

Day 7 Oxfordshire, UK NFD
    Day 8 Oxfordshire, UK NFD
    Day 9 Oxfordshire, UK CD (Dry)
    Day 10 Oxfordshire, UK FD
    Indulgent weekend included seeing DD for first time since lockdown began and a birthday.
    So back on plan. FD today and predicted calories look around 450, which leaves me some wiggle room later.
    Strongest ally are my DH & DD. Both very supportive and understanding. As with most others replies. Most people I speak to donโ€™t really โ€˜getโ€™ fasting. They seem to think you will starve yourself.
    I try and explain it relating to a calorie counting app. MFP suggests a daily allowance of calories you need to eat to lose weight over a period. I multiply daily allowance x 7 = weekly calorie allowance. I have that many calories but not evenly spread throughout the week.
    So MFP allowance is 1200 x7 = 8400. So far I have had 5500. Iโ€™m aiming for 2 FDs at approx. 600 each, leaving me 1700 approx. for Friday.
    My FD TDEE is1528 & BMR 1112. 5xTDEE + 2 x 500 FD = 8640 which in fact is more calories. Although I usually try to have some 1100 calorie days too and not go over 1500 unless itโ€™s a special occasion.
    Some weeks are better than others.:-)
    Pocket List โ€“ Day 10
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @dee22
    @northgeorgia
    @suki2
    DD List โ€“ Day 10 โ˜•๏ธ
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2

Day 10 North Canton Fast Day

This is day 3 of 5 Day Liquid fast. I have had a cup of coffee with 2 pumps of creamer every day but that is it. This is my longest fast in the lock-down era.

My greatest support system is this forum, I have noticed that compliance is better when I am plugged in

Pocket List โ€“ Day 10
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @dee22
    @northgeorgia
    @suki2
    @basyjames LFD 3

Day 10 Canada NFD

A quick check in- hope everyone is staying strong

@penz hands down this forum, only way I can make a success of this WOL

Day 10, UK, FD

OMG so glad the working day is over, I really struggled today as my energy levels were really low all day despite the caffeine overload. It will be an early night for me, just waiting for the washing machine to finish! Nearly had a moment of weakness when I arrived home from work, however I decided first to have a big mug of tomato soup and another big mug of earl grey and if I was still hungry afterwards I could have tomorrow’s lunch. Luckily stomach and greed have been appeased and I have stayed under 500 cals, success!

Something I learned recently was that this WOL made me realize that meals should be special, instead of taken for granted. Before 5:2 I could eat all meals and treats and not really value them, that’s why I would end up eating 2 or 3 desserts a day and not even feel happy about it. Now I know treats should be celebrated and left for special occasions. Shared with friends or family for example. And savoured.

Also, I think my favourite time of the week is the morning after an FD โ€“ I LOVE looking forward to breakfast! Always wake up happier and always end up making it beautiful for me (I will choose the best plate I have in my kitchen, lay it on my table, cook from scratch, scatter mixed seeds over my eggs, or put a dollop of jam on my yogurt, or whatever is inspiring me that day). Does that happen to you too?

@penz to answer the daily question, this group is definitely my one and only supporter. No one is judgmental, everyone is lovely and so helpful and caring, I actually really look forward to the time of the day I get to sit down and type my daily post – it’s a great opportunity to stop and think and relax and catch up with everyone’s path. A little meditation snack ๐Ÿ˜Š

@stitchincarol thank you for congratulating me, it will be great to feel I am on the right track, especially in terms of my health! My creaky knees and my poor back will thank me.

Stay strong everyone x

Day 10 UK FD

Unexpected FD today – pleased after yesterday’s late evening swerve into popcorn. I’m getting in tomorrow’s FD today ๐Ÿ™‚

Really full day, late & tired. Just took most of the evening do all the bits for myhome coronavirus test! booking the things on the right links, watching the video, box-folding, code scanning. No wonder they are getting so many inconclusive tests you have to be quite on the ball to do it.

I’ll catch up with posts tomorrow x

Day 11, FD – maybe, Aus

I should do a FD today but I have a cracking headache โ€“ not usual for.

I like the idea of your inner movie @dee22.

My OH also drops weight easily, @brightonbelle. Itโ€™s so unfair!

Well done on your first LFD, @jaifaim. They get easier.

How was your resolve, @stichincarol?

Hang in there @judyjudes. If youโ€™re sticking to the โ€˜rulesโ€™ and it sounds like you are, the weight WILL shift.

Nice to read of people being able to catch up with family and friends in person. @suki2 and others.

Todayโ€™s question is inspired by @georgia83โ€™s breakfast after FD routine (which sounds lovely). Whatโ€™s your favourite way to treat yourself? Either after a successful FD, or on reaching a goal?

Day 11 Melb Aust TDEE

Yesterday’s FD was fine, around 520 cals. Somehow I got dropped off the Pocket List – AGAIN! Happened last time I was fasting, too. Sigh! Well, I suppose it doesn’t matter all that much as I’m usually getting towards the end of my fast on a particular day when others are starting theirs.

Favourite way to treat myself? Curl up with a good book, or when I’ve reached a goal weight either to sort through and dispose of some of my “fat” clothes or buy something new to wear in a smaller size. For instance I’m loving buying jeans 2 sizes smaller than I was wearing before.

Onward and downwards!

Day 11 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Thursday already!!! So today it’s B2B, yesterday’s FD was more 800 but I feel better, slept all night without waking once, I have lost an inch from my waist…I don’t care about the weight at this stage, just want to get off the plateau and weight gain cycle, and you guys will inspire me to do so.

Might even try an LFD next week @flourbaby and @jaifaim….they were always super for me back in the old days of 2017.

@funshipfreddie I am a real stickler for spelling and hate to see incorrect spelling, especially in newspapers or advertisements…..anyhoo if there are incorrect spellings on my posts it’s predictive text or the iPad!!! ๐Ÿ˜†

@northgeorgia I don’t want to alarm you but I have had plateaus lasting months! Everyone is different

Day 11 Emden Germany, NFD

@penz I don’t treat myself. When I get to my goal weight, I’m just happy I did it.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 11 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ โ€“ FD

@northgeorgia – what do I do to prevent accidental binges the day after a FD? I decide what I’m going to eat the day before, & log it in the MFP app – & stick to it!

@daffodil2010 – I’m glad it’s not just me with the incorrect spelling aversion. I can’t help it, & it’s not like I go out of my way to spot them. They just jump out at me, from menus, newspapers, shop windows. It’s been like that since I was at school, after my English (?!) teacher wrote ‘foriegn’ on the blackboard. He didn’t appreciate being corrected by a 12 year old. That was in the ’70’s; but now, in a world with spellcheck…?

@penz – my favourite way to treat myself after a FD is to have lunch at my favourite coffee shop – the ‘Mugg & Bean’. Nearly always poached eggs & avocado on toast, & a cappuccino or two. Unfortunately they’re still closed due to our lockdown regulations. But one day…

Happy fasting, fellow 5:2-ers!

Pocket List – Day 11 ๐Ÿ
    @daffodil2010
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie

DD List – Day 11 โ˜•๏ธ
    @funshipfreddie

Day 11 UK FD

Staying in is definitely making meal planning easier so in theory the weight should be falling off , in reality not so but Iโ€™m persevering. In anticipation I ordered a pair of jeans yesterday expecting them to be snug so theyโ€™ll be my goal for a while Also finding dry til Fri a bit easier without outside temptation. Onwards ๐Ÿ’ช

Pocket List โ€“ Day 11 ๐Ÿ
    @daffodil2010
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

DD List โ€“ Day 11 โ˜•๏ธ
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 11. FD London

How did we nearly get to midsummer? Bearing in mind nothing much is happening…

Anyways, adding myself to the pocket list and the DD list ( canโ€™t remember what DD stands for, but I know what it means…)
    My iPad wonโ€™t let me join the end of the queue. Very unBritish to barge in at the front. Sorry.

@emma-taylor
    @daffodil2010
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

@emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 11 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning all

Been a weird sort of week this week, couple of really long walks since Fridays weigh in, Mondays FD was good, Tuesday was supposed to be B2BFD but went a bit awry, feel rather bloated but a good FD today and plenty of water should sort me out.

@northgeorgia – I’m the same as you regarding the ‘My Tracker graph’ looking like a staircase! Since Christmas I’v not put any weight on, but the graph has a series of steps in it. I’ve stopped worrying about being on a plateau, it’s better than going up! The longest was three weeks, then out of nowhere a 3lb ‘whoosh’ so was on my 1 lb a week target anyway.

@georgia83 – I used to be a real breakfast feaster, not only a full English, a full Ulster fry was equally demolished! But after a FD these days I’m not unduly hungry the next morning, odd, you would think otherwise.

@funshipfreddie – I hate pre dick tive text on my ‘phone when I send messages, reel sauce of anointment … ๐Ÿ™‚

@penz – Treats, we tend to get ourselves or each other ‘treats’ when we fancy them, don’t bother as such. However …..

Went out for early walk this morning as early afternoon expecting two deliveries, first one routine weekly supermarket delivery. But the second delivery, a real ‘treat’ and a throwback a few years is arriving this afternoon, looking forward to it, going to be fun!

Will explain later when have more time ….. LOL

Take care all

@emma-taylor
    @daffodil2010
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @i-hate-lettuce

@emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 11 – UK – FD

Hi

Thank you @penz. Youโ€™re right! Iโ€™ve had a little loss overnight. Itโ€™s just so hard. Iโ€™ve been trying to get truly under 10 stone for nearly 2 years. Iโ€™ve seen it a couple of times but it doesnโ€™t stick. That is down to me not consistently sticking to plan coupled with illness/disability. Iโ€™m going to do my best to get truly under 10 stone by the end of the year.

Today is a FD; had a green smoothie for lunch. Chicken and veg for evening meal. Will come in at 650. On the FDs I go lower it adversely affects my sleep, which then has a knock effect on my appetite (Increases) in the coming days.

Stay safe.

Day 11- USA/GA – NFD

I started the 5:2 exactly a month ago. I weighed 271 lbs. the day I started it. Today I weigh 261 lbs. I know the weight loss will vary each month going forward, but I’m very pleased to have found not only the 5:2, but a community of support who have adopted this WOL.

I was just looking at my daily spreadsheet and found this pattern:

Week 1: FD1 drop, NFDs small gain, FD2 no change, NFDs small drop
    Week 2: FD1 no change, NFDs small drop, FD2 small drop, NFDs seesaw but small drop
    Week 3: FD1 small drop, NFDs small gain, FD2 drop, NFDs gain
    Week 4: FD1 drop, NFDs small drop, FD2 drop, NFDs gain
    (mid)Week 5: FD1 small drop, NFDs small gain, FD2 drop, NFDs (in progress)

@funshipfreddie That’s a good idea. Doing that will make me actually prepare more homecooked meals than get processed, ready to heat/eat foods, which is what I prefer anyway!

@IHateLettuce Agreed. Better steady than creeping up, as has been my lot over the past several years. As long as the trend is downward each month, I’m considering it a success.

Last winter, I had went to Walmart to reluctantly purchase a larger size pair of black trousers and a new belt with enough space to “grow into.” That’s how defeatist I felt. After this week is up, I am happy to say I will be packing both of those items away. My trousers have been wobbling on my hips on the tightest notch on the belt, and were about to fall down around my ankles last night while washing the dishes! (Yes, I’m trying to use “trousers” instead of our American preferred “pants” to avoid confusion with this great international audience. Don’t want to give you all the wrong image LOL!) This is the first visible sign of success to me outside the subjectivity of the mirror and the comments of a few folks.

Best wishes!

Day 11 Canada FD

It’s the 4th out of 9 fast days for me so am super focussed on making it a good one. I have a busy day and that helps. Now I am back in the swing of things I am finding the fd’s give me the ability to clear my mind and give myself some kudos for getting back to a healthier lifestyle.

@michelinme I hope you are feeling stronger each day. I have heard that feeling exhausted is a common symptom, take it easy.
    @northgeorgia those scales can bounce around sometimes, hang in there
    @basyjames congrats that is an amazing liquid fast
    @georgia83 I have an egg for lunch and a salad for dinner on FD’s I savour every mouthful. The first meal after fasting does taste amazing, I love that part of this WOL as well
    @emma-taylor I don’t have any sense of time at the moment, feels very strange

@penz my favourite treat for any reason is a massage, not something I feel comfortable doing at the moment. Your question of the day has made me realize I need to find an alternative

@emma-taylor
    @daffodil2010
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @bellyblast

Day 11, UK, FD

I had a blip on Tuesday evening, wine was involved ๐Ÿท ๐Ÿ˜ณ Back on track today though, and having a good FD so far, as well as exercising ๐Ÿ’ช
    I tried one of my trousers earlier, the ones that I could hardly get into, and that was not possible to actually wear and move in them, and they felt fine on me. Not lose but not too tight either. Delighted with that change for the better ๐Ÿ˜€

@emma-taylor
    @daffodil2010
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @bellyblast

@emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Stay strong everyone, and have a great afternoon/evening ๐ŸŒž

@bellyblast – donโ€™t know if youโ€™ve heard of ASMR – itโ€™s a thing!! Have a look on YouTube for ASMR Suna, although there are tons of these videos. It shows people getting very relaxing facial ( maybe more, not weird anyway) massages which for some reason seem to be a good substitute for the real thing. And great for knocking you out at bedtime. Not boring, I donโ€™t think, just super relaxing. ASMR is something to do with watching very quiet, repetitive tasks. I think! Somebody must know more than me….

2nd post

changed my NFD to a FD so adding my name to the pocket list.

@emma-taylor
    @daffodil2010
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @bellyblast
    @snowflake56

@emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 11 Oxfordshire, UK CD
    Quick check in.
    Feeling the cold today.
    I tend to treat myself with a pamper session. At the moment I read and soak in the bath. Otherwise a pedicure when theyโ€™re allowed.

second post
    @emmataylor & @bellyblast my friend mentioned ASMR to me on Tuesday. Apparently there is a painting program on UKTV at the moment.
    ‘The Joy of Painting’ Bob Ross https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m000hjkz/the-joy-of-painting
    according to the BBC he is an ASMR sensation becasue of his whisper.

Day 11 UK CD/FD

Unplanned FD came in at 750 yesterday, which is grand. Busier period ends tomorrow then it’s back to rest & potter for a couple of weeks.

!Not eaten yet today – what is it with these busy days?! – but going to have a v early supper in the next hour and clear soup after my evening meeting if needed.

I had a great early morning meditation which has really set me on a good path for the day. I’d forgotten how much it helps! I’ve got two things to write in the next few hours, one to record & one to deliver at my first online event tomorrow. A week ago I would have thought this is impossible but I’m learning to go really gently and do what i can. Even today’s deadlines looming aren’t stressing me at all.

@bellyblast yes, lots of research coming up now that talks about the ‘long-tail’ experienc eof CV19, with fatigue, breathlessness and all sorts of weird symptoms. If only I’d known that 3 months ago ๐Ÿ™‚

@betsylee thank you! Late night last night after coronavrius test, picked up first thing this mornign. Result is 2-5 days so hopefully got it in time for chest x-ray early next week, then GP later on.

Back to the grindstone ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 11 – Ireland – FD

@basyjames day 3 of LFD? How do you do that ๐Ÿ’ช. I canโ€™t imagine ever managing that but… I suppose Iโ€™ve said that before about stuff like fasting… LFDs etc… so who knows.. but well done to you!! And @bellyblast you are on a roll too ๐Ÿ‘

@judyjudes Iโ€™m with you!! My LFD meant a drop in weight overnight (hurrah ๐Ÿ˜€) but had a drink last night with a friend for her birthday and Iโ€™m back up today… yes! Iโ€™m supposed to be abstaining from
    the daily scale watch ๐Ÿ˜† and also alcohol ๐Ÿ˜‚ but itโ€™s so frustrating!!

@daffodil2010 I have to say… I write quite a lot for work and hate to see spelling mistakes… BUT on this forum I often end up with mistakes in my post as the autocorrect has a life of itโ€™s own ๐Ÿ˜‚ and I only see the errors once the post is published.. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    Iโ€™m often rushing to post so maybe I should take more chill time to post like @georgia83.

Sorry I havenโ€™t read all the posts but will catch up later…

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

@emma-taylor
    @daffodil2010
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @bellyblast
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim

Day 11- USA, FD

@emma-taylor
    @daffodil2010
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @bellyblast
    @snowflake56
    @erikaa67

Joining the fasters today and feeling fine – I am pretty used to these days now – although I have been fighting this weird spring bug – horrible headaches, kind of achey and tired are the symptoms, so easy not to eat as I don’t feel well. Kind of frustrating as it’s beautiful outside. This always happens to me when the seasons change – I make it through winter without getting sick and bam, as soon as the season’s change, I get hit. My daughter just had it too.

I like to treat myself to a jacuzzi bath – sometimes with a glass of wine and book along with me. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hang in there everyone – weekend is coming. We can eat tomorrow!

Day 11 – Atlanta, Ga – USA – FD

Day 11 USA (Illinois) CD

Maintenance going well, especially because DH has not fully regained his appetite and strength after hospital stay with pneumonia. We pray he continues to improve though.

@penz — I am like @georgia83 in that I enjoy a good hearty breakfast after a FD. That often includes sweet roll or Danish (hopefully getting more from Costco this afternoon).

@northgeorgia – I learned from this forum the difference between pants and trousers as I replaced most all of mine as I lost my weight. That was such a nice treat to enjoy buying new ones!

@emma-taylor and @bellyblast – I had to Google ASMR but certainly understand the affinity with Bob Ross and “Joy of Painting.” It was a joy to watch him back in the 80’s and 90’s on our Public Broadcasting channel and his “happy little trees.”

Must also agree with use of spell check and auto-correct (even predictive) in the good and bad of them both. Being a linguaphile, I tend to like and use words that they don’t like… like “linguaphile” shows up as incorrect. Ha ha!

Onward and downward.

Second post …
    Forgot to add my name to the pocket list so doing it now, and adding a couple of people missing.

@emma-taylor
    @daffodil2010
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @bellyblast
    @shinything
    @snowflake56
    @michelinme
    @jaifaim
    @erikaa67
    @therealwil78

@emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 696 total)

You must be logged in to reply.