June 2020 monthly challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
June 2020 monthly challenge

This topic contains 694 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  stitchincarol 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 696 total)

• Day 6, USA, NFD
    Day 7, USA, NFD

Trying to stay in control but did enjoy a plate of steak tips, salad and roasted potatoes and a glass of red wine. Definitely not low cal🥴

Tomorrow I fast.

Day 6, UK, NFD
    Day 7, NFD

Checking in for accountability. Looking forward to tomorrow’s FD after a somewhat indulgent weekend. Happy thay I got meal prep for the week done, and signed up for new online exercises (kayla’s bbg course) which I will start tonight.
    I hope everyone is having a good day!

Day 5, Rural Nebraska, USA, NFD
    Day 6, OMAD
    Day 7, NFD

A bunch of piddly things have kept me from logging in and reading all the posts, and I’m sad because I enjoy the chatter. Things should be back to normal tomorrow.

Friday ended up getting a bit out of control with extra calories and too-large portions (FDs are SOOOOO much easier, LOL!) so I woke up determined to do OMAD on Saturday, and limit my calories to 1,000. Amazingly enough, I not only succeeded in OMAD, but my calories were about 650, so I went to bed feeling quite virtuous.

Today is going to be a bit indulgent as our son is here and not only did we make a nice brunch after church, we’re also cooking dinner together (I’ve always loved to cook and try new recipes, and he’s in culinary school, so we have a grand time together). As long as I’m good about portion control, however, I should still be on track.

Tomorrow is a FD and if I’m to meet my goal for June, I should weigh no more than 156.7 tomorrow morning. (Yeah, I know I could get a whoosh later in the month, but I’m liking the idea of something steady, LOL.)

So, laser focus on our goals and dreams today!

Day 7 UK CD

Yesterday went over TDEE bc popcorn, but otherwise really well-balanced healthy-eating day. It’s as tho my food meter has been switched back on again and i’m suddeny in the groove.

Amazingly, a Sunday CD! I had a wonderful, huge mozzarella & quorn chicken salad for lunch – piles of leaves, tomato, purple potatoes, avocado & an elderberry vinegar dressing. Supper was courgette & cannellini bean soup (isn’t it delsh @penz? I didn’t have pesto things so used grated ginger and horseradish root – yum) followed by banana with chocolate custard – made with light coconut milk, coconut sugar and raw cacao. Simple pleasures, and all under 1150 calories 🙂

Felt unwell this morning but I enjoyed a walking meditation in the house, mindfully following a film on my phone, listening and walking and stopping to ponder. I had intended to do some gardening – the sunflowers, chillis, peppers and courgettes are all ready for their final containers but it was cold & wet. Tomorrow!

@shinything thank you

@jaifaim yes! THere’s a real gift to being known in all our environments and conditions, preferences and values. Sounds like a full-on week with your folks tho rewarding and good to spend the time. Be gentle with yourself, it’s hard work to be fuly present AND working, on low sleep – you must be exhausted.

@funshipfreddie thank you for the link, that’s a great read. I think the key word is moderation :)I have a 400ml mug which I’d been refilling several times, now down to one which I don’t quite finish

Bedtime! And so ends the first week of the June challenge 🙂

Day 7 Ohio, US — NFD
    Day 6 — NFD

Fortunately got the air conditioning fixed yesterday. Apparently it had gradually malfunctioned more and more so that I never really noticed that it was happening and how really stifling the environment in the house was. Last night was the first truly cool night in the house in a long while, so I slept 12 hours. It was like hitting a cool spell after an intense heat wave. The body was definitely in recovery mode today.

@michelinme By any chance were you doing a labyrinth meditation in your house?

@ccco I too could use a haircut — or maybe I’ll just go with a ponytail.

Day 8 – Japan – WFD #45

I also need a haircut at some point. I don’t like the bald on the top with a pony tail in the back look. I’ve been doing some self trimming. Hmmmm, but not enough.

Day 8, Emden Germany, FD

@dee22 Congratulations on your new job!

@daffodil2010 good luck for your interview today!

Pocket list day 8

@dykask WFD
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

DAY 1 Singapore (SG) FD

Made a nice bowl of kimchi fried rice. Served it to the husband only. I proceeded to the work desk with my large mug of black tea. Fast day today!

Day 8 – Switzerland – FD800

Good morning! After a weekend (incl. friday) of eating more than enough (although no EFS) I’m happy to be on the next FD. Will have to power through, I slept very badly so will probably be cold and hungry – more than on a normal FD. Putting myself firmly on todays pocket list!

Sorry, will read up on the posts later.

Pocket list day 8

@dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @beck100 FD800

Day 8 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Quick check in as I start work at 8 today. My interview is at 11.45, so I am prepped and ready. If I get it, super, if not, then the universe has other plans for me and things will always work out for the best.

I won’t be FD’ing today as I normally do on a Monday because DH is off and as we haven’t seen each other all weekend I guess we will be having dinner and catching up. 🍷

Have a good day everyone

Day 8 – Ireland – CD

@daffodil2010 good luck with your interview later today! I hope that everything goes well for you. 🤞

I had a pretty active day yesterday and another one lined up today… From today, I can cycle anywhere in my county so feeling the freedom 👍

@judyjudes, I feel your frustration … it’s a real problem for me when I cut sugar/alcohol etc and I don’t see relatively instant results but it will happen…. have faith 👍 🙏
    I feel I should weigh a lot less given the past three months of mostly good choices but it is showing now on my body… I still blame my very muscly body 😂
    I’m definitely a tortoise 🐢 and there are a few of us here….

Have a good day everyone.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 7 UK NFD
    Day 8 UK FD

Had a reasonable weekend food wise. Didn’t go too far over the score hopefully. Really trying to stay more mindful on NFD and realise it doesn’t mean eat all you like! I think that’s what has totally sabotaged getting to my goal in the past. So staring my usual week of controlled and fast days.

Good luck to everyone today and stay safe.

Day 8 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@flourbaby – I hope that trip to the Western Cape happens for you later in the year. It’s the other side of the country from me & quite a different climate. It’s said that while in Cape Town you can experience all 4 seasons in one day. December is probably the busiest time of year to go though.

@monika25 – welcome to the forum! The ‘Day’ is always the current day’s date, regardless of when you join the challenge or how many fast days you’ve done.

Pocket List – Day 8 🍇
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @monika25
    @beck100 FD800
    @mia139
    @funshipfreddie

DD List – Day 8 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie

Day 8 UK FD

Morning everyone! Feeling drowsy this morning but with a new goal this week – upping my protein!
    Hit my lowest weight yesterday morning of 63.1kg, so not far to go til my 61kg goal.

Adding myself to the pocket list today.
    Pocket List – Day 8 🍇
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @monika25
    @beck100 FD800
    @mia139
    @funshipfreddie
    @endellion

Let’s go!

Day 8 FD London

Just reading Life in the Fasting Lane by Jason Fung (and two other people). I think it’s really worth reading. Helps to know the science behind fasting, and the two women who have written the book with him add their own stories which are fascinating.

Adding myself to today’s pocket list

Pocket List – Day 8 🍇
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @monika25
    @beck100 FD800
    @mia139
    @funshipfreddie
    @endellion
    @emma-taylor

DD list – Day 8 🥂
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor

Day 8 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Late on parade today, decided to get out for an early walk, one or two jobs later so got my steps in early!
    Brilliant long walk yesterday another 8 miles starting at the front door, with very little road walking!

Starting to reap the benefits of the warm spring, the garden producing some fabulous first early potatoes yesterday, just melted in the mouth.

Take care all

Pocket List – Day 8 
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @monika25
    @beck100 FD800
    @mia139
    @funshipfreddie
    @endellion
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 8 – USA/GA – FD

Finally, my FD is here after 4 consecutive NFDs. Not so fun to have a large stretch! Gained about 2 lbs. and pretty much maintained it through the four days. This week, I’m back to M/Th FDs which should make things a little easier.

It’s still early in June, so I think we have some time to get to our goals for the month! I’m hoping to be 3 or 4 lbs. lighter by the time July gets here. With the hurricane rains and thunderstorms over the next few days, it might be more housework exercise (after work hours) instead of going for walks.

Day 8, UK, FD

@ daffodil2010, I hope your interview went well this morning.

Today will be a FD, I’ve planned everything out and I should come in well under 500 cals.

I found out this morning the scales are broken, they started to go a bit wonky last week but new batteries haven’t cured the problem so new ones are on order. It’ll be interesting to see if they show the same as the last ones. Funny how an inanimate object can dominate my thoughts.

Have a good day today.

Pocket List – Day 8
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @monika25
    @beck100 FD800
    @mia139
    @funshipfreddie
    @endellion
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @saffy420

Day 8 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD/OMAD

@dykask SERIOUSLY? You’re on your FORTY-FIFTH water fast day? Surely not in a row? (Can you tell how my jaw dropped when I read that?)

@daffodil2010 I’m sure we’re all eager to hear how your interview went!

@monika25 Welcome to the forum!

@endellion Congratulations on your lowest weight yet!

I did decently yesterday. Didn’t bother to try to count calories (that is, after all, the reason I so adore 5:2 and have made it a WOL, is because counting calories is only needed two days of the week), but I know my calories yesterday were higher than I’d like (aren’t they always? LOL) but lower than many other NFDs, so I count that a success. And the scales this morning were down TWO pounds from last Monday, which was a huge thrill–I’d say that’s a legitimate WHOOSH effect! 🙂 It’s so lovely to be going down again instead of holding steady.

Today is a day off for DH and we have lots of yard work on our agenda (sounds awful when I put it like that, but we enjoy it). I have swai fish in the freezer and lots of veggies in the fridge, so supper will be a snap.

Pocket List – Day 8
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @monika25
    @beck100 FD800
    @mia139
    @funshipfreddie
    @endellion
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @northgeorgia
    @saffy420
    @stitchincarol

Day 8 – UK – CD

Hi

I’d planned a FD for today but woke feeling under the weather. So I’ve decided it will be a CD instead.

Yesterday turned out OMAD by having a roast dinner and nothing else, so ended up being a CD too.

Take care, stay safe.

Day 8 Canada NFD

Had a reasonably controlled weekend. I have started 16:8 and being more mindful about my snacking, that is a work in progress.

It’s a cold wet day here so I am going to spend some time meal planning and prepping, that definitely helps

USA Day 8 FD

Adding myself to the pocket list!

Pocket List – Day 8
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @monika25
    @beck100 FD800
    @mia139
    @funshipfreddie
    @endellion
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @northgeorgia
    @saffy420
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco

Good luck all you pocket listers today!! 🙂

Help. I dropped off the pocket list….

Day 8 – atl, ga -usa- fd

USA Day 8 FD

Adding myself to the pocket list!

Pocket List – Day 8
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @monika25
    @beck100 FD800
    @mia139
    @funshipfreddie
    @endellion
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @northgeorgia
    @saffy420
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco
    @erikaa67

Feeling strong again, today. I’m sticking to these FD perfectly with one 500 calorie meal, however am losing pounds really slow, so decided to go stricter on NFDs – more of a low carb regimen.

We’ve got this!

Just zipped back in for a mo…Scooping some of you onto the pocket list!
    Pocket List – Day 8
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @monika25
    @beck100 FD800
    @mia139
    @funshipfreddie
    @endellion
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @northgeorgia
    @saffy420
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco
    @erikaa67
    @emma-taylor
    @therealwil78

Day 8, UK, FD

Woke up with a terrible back pain, felt like I had been beaten up lol. Maybe its because I have been stressed lately and that made me tense up and that seized my back muscles. Not really sure how I managed to park my car safely without glancing back – risky business I tell ya!

Despite all this, successful FD today. Lunch came out at 400cals (this includes the unplanned large dollop of mayo coleslaw on my salad) and dinner was around 100cals (M&S super green soup). I’m ready for bed!

Stay safe everyone!

Day 8, UK, FD

Another good FD so far, and I’m determined to keep it that way 💪

@daffodil2010 I hope your interview went well, let us know please 🙂

Pocket List – Day 8
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @monika25
    @beck100 FD800
    @mia139
    @funshipfreddie
    @endellion
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @northgeorgia
    @saffy420
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco
    @erikaa67
    @emma-taylor
    @therealwil78
    @brightonbelle
    @georgia83
    @shinything

Stay strong everyone 💪

Day 8 – UK – FD600
    Day 5-7 – NFD

Apologies for my absence – the days just seem to disappear before I knew it – Unfortunately Friday and Saturday were a bit of an EFS time…..too much wine I’m afraid BUT I did have a good alcohol free CD yesterday leading into today’s FD with plenty of exercise on both days. Had a great 10km hike up and around one my local fells – perfect weather, not too hot for the climb and not too many folks out – felt really good for doing it too!

Thanks for the birthday wishes since I last posted – had a lovely few days!

Met with 4 friends today in a local national trust park for a socially distanced coffee and chat – we brought our own flasks and spend a couple of hours chatting and catching up – was lovely!

@stitchincarol and @penz – I’m with you for the no breakfast until late morning – I tend to do 2 meals a day on NFD and OMAD on FDs (although sometimes I need a small snack if doing a fair bit of exercise on my FDs)
    @songbirdme – good to hear that you got your OH home – best place to recover with plenty of TLC from yourself
    @daffodil2010 – sorry I missed your birthday on Day 6 – belated best wishes 🥂🍾🎂 and fingers crossed for your interview today x
    @excelsior12309 and @aussiejill – nice to have you back with us for the June Challenge
    @michelinme – take care 🤗
    @dee22 – Congratulations on the new job!
    @flourbaby – now that is what I call a whoosh……and sad to say that I’m with you in my bad habit is reaching for that wine bottle too OFTEN!!!!
    @monika25 – welcome on board

Adding myself to today’s pocket list even though I’m at the end of the day but need to stay focused and out of that kitchen until bed time 🤞
    Pocket List – Day 8
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @monika25
    @beck100 FD800
    @mia139
    @funshipfreddie
    @endellion
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @northgeorgia
    @saffy420
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco
    @erikaa67
    @emma-taylor
    @therealwil78
    @brightonbelle
    @georgia83
    @shinything
    @at

39 have so far signed in for this month’s challenge – all added to the spreadsheet I think – here is the link in case you have missed it and want to use it for motivation
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t_vKkPeTUBCU7LMGhRyXENwYu9lpcXEBOn1Le1vH2n8/edit?usp=sharing

Hope everyone is keeping safe and healthy – I’m trying to make sure that I nurture both my physical and mental wellbeing as I miss my social life so much…..

“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.” BUDDHA

Day 8 UK FD

Not enough sleep and a full but good day. Not eaten ANYTHING yet – yay for full days – but Soup is in the microwave & salad on standby if i need it.

Some helpful conversations today and the unexpected arrival of parcel through the post from aromatherapist friend. I’d asked her to put together something to help my mother with sleep and waking but I’ve diverted 1 of the 4 and will reorder. Looking forward to trying out this handcream at bedtime 🙂

Just seen the time! I’ll have to come back tomorrow & catch up w posts. Lovely to see such a long pocket list 🙂

Pocket List – Day 8
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @monika25
    @beck100 FD800
    @mia139
    @funshipfreddie
    @endellion
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @northgeorgia
    @saffy420
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco
    @erikaa67
    @emma-taylor
    @therealwil78
    @brightonbelle
    @georgia83
    @shinything
    @at
    @michelinme

Day 9, FD, Aus

I’m a bad host! I missed yesterday. It started well, had a big walk with the young dog, a light salad lunch, but mid-afternoon I felt snacky and headed face first into a bottle of wine. Sigh. It was a public holiday here so I did not do my usual Monday FD. Today it is. Tho I woke at 0347 and am feeling very tired.

@emma Taylor – I thought Twiglets were what we call twiggy sticks – short narrow cured meat sticks (like pepperoni). But google said no!

Stick with it, @therealwil78. I read your day 8 top line as ‘atl’ for all time low and was about to gush my congratulations before I realised you meant Atlanta!

Welcome @monika25 – I love Singapore but soooo many tempting food choices. How did your FD go?

And do let us know how your interview went, @daffodil2010

Lots of wooshes and low calorie days – you’re all doing really well!

Today’s question. What’s your strategy for dealing with the 5:2 naysayers? You know the sort, who say things like “but you’re starving yourself!”

@penz – you were my inspiration to do dry till Fri! And I like it! It makes weekends seem special again. Every day can seem a bit samey when 1) you retire and 2) you’re in lockdown.
    Twiglets are Marmite flavoured twig shaped biscuity things. If you hate marmite, you’re lucky. But if you like it…. they are completely addictive. And they are on offer at the local supermarket…..help!!!!!!

Sorry. To answer your question – I usually say ‘have you read or watched anything about fasting?’ The answer is always no, so I don’t bother going any further. Waste of breath ….😳😳😳

Day 8 Ohio, US — FD

A good day.

@penz Fortunately I’ve not encountered any naysayers. Most people that I’ve mentioned that I fast have been respectful (at least to my face )

@georgia83 Hope that back pain resolves itself completely and quickly!

To top off today’s list:

Pocket List – Day 8
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @monika25
    @beck100 FD800
    @mia139
    @funshipfreddie
    @endellion
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @northgeorgia
    @saffy420
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco
    @erikaa67
    @emma-taylor
    @therealwil78
    @brightonbelle
    @georgia83
    @shinything
    @at
    @michelinme
    @matpi

@penz — any naysayers I run into usually tell me how they could never do it themselves (have some condition that they think would be bad if they did). But my friends have seen how much weight I lost, and are happy for me.

Day 9, Emden Germany, NFD

Many of you had such a good first week and are doing so well like @mia139, @bellyblast, @betsylee, @flourbaby, @endellion and @stitchincarol. Well done!

@georgia83 I hope your back feels better this morning.

@penz when I started 5:2 and was very enthusiastic about it, I tried to convince every opponent, nowadays I don’t talk about it at all.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 9 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD….maybe

Like you @penz I woke up around 3.47am too so preparing for a long day. My mind was churning a bit thinking over the interview, did I talk too much about this, should I have enthused more about that….anyhow, I gave up at 5.15am, did an energetic Leslie Sansone workout, had my morning walk, now having coffee and off to work.

Thanks everyone for your good vibes, I felt the interview went well but it’s hard to know. I have been on contract here for two years covering various maternity leaves etc, but it’s an industry I hadn’t worked in before, and my vast work experience in FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) doesn’t seem to interest them. So I ended my interview be pointing out that it may be a different product but it’s still all about the customer and customer satisfaction.

Anyhow, onwards I go. Should know Friday or early next week.

I will try for an FD but as I am tired I might up it to a CD depending on energy levels. I have a small extra piece of Oatbran bread and cheese spread just in case I get a morning slump.

@penz I nearly had a stand up row with one of my best friends about fasting in the early days. She is extremely opinionated and yes, a bit overweight, and kept going on and on about “starvation mode”. Argh if I ever hear that again!! I just jeep saying to anyone who mentions “starvation mode” to me, that there ain’t none of us going to starve honey!

Now I just keep quiet, don’t talk about it and just get on with it.

Day 9 UK FD

Feeling really hungry this morning but cracking on with another FD . Planning on chicken with veg for dinner and hopefully can hold out with fluids till then! Will catch up on all the posts later.

Second post re today’s question… the usual statement is along the lines of ” I would die of starvation” ! To which I reply that obviously I haven’t! The most recent came from a colleague at work whose excess weight is the real danger to her health and the irony of that seems to have escaped her.

Day 9 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

The pocket lists are getting pretty long at the moment, wow !

Good solid FD yesterday, going again today, another decent walk planned! Need to get ahead of the game Mrs Ihl’s birthday at weekend, cunning plan afoot.

@penz – In answer to today’s question, have had people mention the amount of weight I’ve lost and they’ve been very positive. A couple have asked how have you done it? just said, cut right down 2 days a week, loads of walking and less wine.
    If anyone did say I was starving myself the answer is easy … “You don’t know me very well do you” the last thing I would/could do is starve 🙂

@at – glad you’re making the most of low visitor numbers! Weekdays are good here, but weekends are very busy, seems folk are keeping away from central Lakes and finding our out of the way spots, Sunday we saw dozens in places we’ve rarely seen anyone at all.

@daffodil2010 – You’re sat next to me on today’s FD wagon, we’ve got the front seat again, fingers crossed for your interview result 🙂

Pocket list day 9
    @I-hate’lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @mia139

Day 9 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Another impressive list yesterday! My FD went very smoothly, also did plenty of walking & I even squeezed in a yoga session.

I’m finally getting a haircut today! First one since February. I’ve actually started wearing a baseball cap before I walk out the door; didn’t want to go scaring children & small animals.

I think someone else recently asked the question about dealing with the naysayers. I don’t mention it to anyone, apart from a couple of close friends. The ones who are against either know nothing about it & are still in the ‘breakfast is the most important meal of the day’ camp, or they’ve maybe tried it and couldn’t hack it. Let’s face it, fasting isn’t easy, although it does get easier the more you do it. But for most people, just the thought of skipping one meal is unthinkable! Even though fasting is now quite mainstream compared to just a few years ago, & most people have heard about it, we’re still a small minority & probably always will be.

“Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.” James Dewar

Pocket List – Day 9 🍏
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @mia139

DD List – Day 9 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie

Day 8 UK NFD

Checking in! In answer to @penz‘ question of the day… my main strategy is not telling many people haha! Lots of people have their own opinions and I don’t always want to get involved. But if someone is genuinely interested or concerned, I’ll explain. I tend to say ‘it just works out as an small overall deficit, but I have some more benefits from the fasting side such as a better metabolism, and it means I only ‘diet’ twice a week instead of all the time. Plus I’m in better stead for when I stop fasting to maintain my weight, as I’ve been practising maintenance levels 5 days a week already’.

x

Day 9 – UK – CD

Yesterday went to plan, sub 1000 cals. No movement on scales.

My online shop for this week had included Chocolate. I’d told myself I’d ‘allow’ myself a small piece at the end of the day if calorie allowance not reached. I know I was being overly optimistic & deluding myself that I’d be able to resist its call from the cupboard to munch it into oblivion. So I removed it from my basket. I need to abstain until at GOAL.

Planning on doing some jobs in the garden now the weather is dry.

Veg soup & Lamb curry and cauli rice on the menu today.

Take care, stay safe.

Day 9, UK, NFD

Yesterday’s FD was a success, kitchen closed at less than 500 cals. I’m not in work today so we’re off for a nice long walk, along the canal, to the nature reserve via the zoo path, see if we can see any animals. (The zoo remains closed but there’s a bridle way runs through the middle so you can sometimes glimpse a few of the animals). It’s about 6 miles in total.

@penz, I don’t really tell people what I’m doing, I just say I’m trying to lose a bit of weight. A couple of close friends know, one doing WW and one slimming world so we’re all trying to find the one that works.

Tody will be a CD, which for me means adding in a sandwich at lunch then a little extra at tea later. Should come in under 1200 cals in total.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Day 9, UK, NFD

Yesterday was a good FD, so I’m feeling positive and feeling my mojo back 😀
    I will do my best this month to get of the plateau and the upward trend I’ve been on. Time to get things the way they should be 💪

@penz to answer your question … if I get anyone start criticising fasting or telling me its bad for me, I’m starving myself etc. I point out to them that millions of people have been, and still are, fasting for religious reasons and no one was any worse for it or criticised for doing it. I just do it for different reasons. That usually shuts them up 🙂

@georgia83 Hope your back pain is gone now 🤞

@funshipfreddie “Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.” James Dewar – I like that, so true 🙂

Have a great day everyone 🌞

Day 9 Melb Aust TDEE
    Day 8 FD

Doing okay after messing up the weekend. I’ve realised that often on my TDEE days, while I keep to TDEE, less than half of what I eat could be called food. So, I’ve now tucked the “treats” into a plastic container which is at the top of my food cupboard, and is now “untouchable” until I lose at least another 10 kgs. Really? Well, I’ll TRY to make it untouchable! 🙂 And I will be making much better food choices.

@daffodil2010, crossing my fingers for you, for the job. And if not that one, then one that’s even better!

@michelinme, you’re sounding a bit better, so hope you’re finally moving into improved health. When do you have all the tests done, to check why the strange “turn”?

@jaifaim, it’s lovely you could have time with your parents, but I can understand the tiring part. How thankful you must be to have a carer who is so good. The most difficult part must be your mother having Alzheimer’s. At least she still recognises you. My SIL (now 90) has dementia, and that’s sad, but doesn’t seem to be as hard to manage.
    I chuckled over the youtube video you posted.

@funshipfreddie, have your restrictions ended now? I think I saw something about that on the news. I hadn’t realised another city had the same reputation – Melbourne is always said to be a city that has 4 seasons in one day, too.

@penz, to answer your question, like many others here, I just don’t tell people. It’s been great in that area to be in semi-lockdown – not seeing church folk or a lot of friends means there are fewer people to comment. Now afternoon teas are allowed, I just warn folk before I go that I won’t be eating anything as I’m avoiding any food between meals. It hasn’t been a problem.

@judyjudes, sounds to me like you’re on one of the weights I call “sticking weights”. You’ll probably find that your measurements are getting smaller, even if the weight on the scales isn’t shifting. And then suddenly down it will go!

Keep on keeping on everyone!

Day 9 Second post.

@funshipfreddie, OOPs! I think it is New Zealand which has now announced the end of all restrictions, not South Africa. Sorry. Wish it was your country as well, as your restrictions have been very strict. Maybe soon.

Day 9 – Ireland – FD

@daffodil2010🤞for good news …
    @penz I just don’t get into it with people…. even the most educated can sometimes just not get it. I just don’t tell people except my dear man and I just manage my fast days around social events (well I did back in the BC19 days 😂😂).
    I too am waking very early so tired today 💤

Like you @betsylee I’ve found this lockdown time much easier to navigate many things including fasting… and I’ve proved that I really only have ME to blame when it fails… I sort of dread the next phase and getting out and about with people.. 😮
    @ciren2. I wonder where you are?? 🤔 I hope all is ok 👌
    I had a lovely sunny day yesterday cycling with friends in the morning and hiking with my sister in the afternoon… really… the weight should be falling off 😂😂😂

Have a good day all – it’s a grey one here.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 9, London, UK, LFD

I forgot to post yesterday as I spent it with my mum, cooking up a storm, so I could fill her freezer with homemade ready-meals, sampling the food of course and enjoying a couple of glasses of wine!! A lovely day!! I’m sticking to the LFDs since they’re working for me, mainly because I don’t think about what to eat; no point, since the answer is ZERO!!!

I missed wishing you well for your interview @daffodil2010, I hope it went well & the universe has a plan in line with your own. 🙏

@endellion, congrats on getting to that low weight, my ATL (All Time Low) is a loooong way off after the maddening gain of 2019!!

@emma-taylor ……………………… Step Away From those Marmitey Twigs of Addiction!!!

@penz, I never offer fasting info, but if I’m asked how I lost the weight I tell people; then if one of the first words out of their mouths is starve or starvation accompanied by a horrified face, I just zip it and hope the fat fairy pays them a visit!!! I’m not sure why some people feel the need to make others feel bad about their life choices ……………….. it IS my life after-all!!!! So true @daffodil2010 ………………….. “Do I look like I’m starving????”
    I can’t remember who said it, perhaps Dr. Jason Fung …………………… “The difference between fasting and starvation is ………………….. CHOICE!!!” I believe he also says “It’s the difference between running for fun and running because a lion is chasing after you.” 😂 😂

@funshipfreddie, it’s weird actually, because as someone overweight for most of my adulthood, I always believed I didn’t have the willpower to lose weight, I don’t call it willpower any more for a reason!! But my mojo is super strong 💪 & gets stronger every day 💪 💪 💪!!!! Fasting is NOT easy ………………………….. but I AM a successful Faster, so there!!!!!! 👏🏆👏🏆

Pocket List – Day 9 🍏
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @mia139
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby (LFD)

Go gently people, be kind to yourself and remember ………………….

“Kindness begins with the understanding that we all struggle.” – Charles Glassman

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 696 total)

You must be logged in to reply.