June 2017 30 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
June 2017 30 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,893 replies, has 168 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 1,895 total)

• 2nd post
    @ashpwz if you really can’t manage a fast at 500 calories initially see if quarter of TDEE gives you more leeway, or use the blood sugar diets 800 cal target initially. Don’t beat yourself up. This is a way of eating, and you can reset and start again as you need to. Try and keep track of the positives.
    To cope with feeling hungry, drink water, herbal tea, fruit tea, black coffee etc.

Day 3 Notts UK FD

Yay at last the scales are co-operating 2 lbs down this morning after first FD yesterday. So chuffed am going for another FD today. Blood sugar as normal (my normal) during the day so pleased with that.

To all those who are struggling (as I have since I started with WOL) I would say try to stick with it, try out other ways of using this WOE (5:2,4:3,BSD800) as I have had to do and you will find something that suits you.

Onwards and downwards, bon chance everyone, stick with it.

Day 3 UK FD ๐ŸŒˆ

FD today want to try and make these 30 days really count. Off to the gym. Funny how one day off for me slides into three if I’m not careful. Also if I go to the gym I’m good at what I eat and drinking water, it’s like three or none.

Haven’t caught up on all posts yet, but that will keep me focussed today also! Have a good day all!

Day 3 Post 1 NFD – going ok …. I drop by here to see how everyone else is doing ….. it lets me know that I am part of something bigger than just my own dieting ! Brilliant to hear about people’s successes but also to know that one is not struggling alone. I feel for me that it’s more an exercise in mental discipline ….. now is not the problem time for me … may be in a few weeks time.

As my grandfather used to say ” keep a going keeping going !”

Day 3, Newcastle UK, NFD

We had a brilliant evening of dancing – 3 hours of nonstop jiving should have taken care of yesterday’s pub lunch. Still not hungry as my body has adapted well to two meals a day – lunch (sometimes brunch) and dinner. It’s a glorious day here, so a walk on the beach beckons.

@at – A very happy birthday to you – wishing you a lovely day x

@tpmorgan – you’ll pick up lots of tips on combatting leg cramps. Water and maintaining appropriate levels of essential salts are important.
    @silverpearl – well done for staying in control with that piece of fruit. Now you know that worked for you, you can do it again if necessary. Success breeds success.
    @erika45 – it really does get easier – keep on keeping on.
    @steve toon taxi driver – great results in a difficult month for you. Onwards & downwards!
    @ciren2 – wishing you a lovely holiday when it comes and look forward to you reboarding the wagon on your return.
    @okeydokey – love your informative and interesting posts. So glad I have you and the other brilliant regulars sharing your wisdom the many new members this month.
    @happymargo – glad to hear you can enjoy soups during your Crohn’s flare-ups. And as you will no doubt know, soup has been proved to keep a person feeling fuller for longer than solid food. Thanks for resharing your motto ‘Will this get me closer to my goals’. I will use this in June.
    @krits – I think you have actually hit the nail on the head – it is a WOL that you just keep going at – and yes, building muscle does affect the figures on the scale but it’s how you feel and how your clothes fit that really count.
    @fatteacher – you are doing so well. Enjoy your weekend and however it goes, you know the wagon is awaiting your return.
    @fatveganchickslims – I love getting book recommendations – thanks for mentioning ‘Thin for Life’.
    @aweemanda – well done – you are doing well ๐Ÿ™‚
    @pashaw – sending a BIG virtual hug.
    @karina.122 – draw a line, each day is a blank sheet, you will find your routine over the coming weeks.
    @keetseel – hugs to you as you support your OH. I know when I went through my treatment, I felt it was harder for my family looking on than for me going through it. So pleased to hear it’s going well.
    @vegangirl – ahhh – pub and beer. One of life’s greatest pleasures. And this WOL makes that perfectly acceptable – Yay!!!
    @strawplash – Of course and welcome ๐Ÿ™‚
    @lany36 – thank you! You’re very welcome. Great post and progress.
    @fatrabbit – your downsizing journey is inspirational – not just because of weight eradicated, but the affect on your general well-being. I too am feeling a lot less anxious nowadays. And don’t worry – your comments on the spreadsheet were taken in the spirit given and I appreciate your concern for the potential workload of the monthly host ๐Ÿ™‚ How those before me – @lynzm, @at and @okeydokey managed without the interactive spreadsheet from @Pissupossa is a wonder to me!
    @s1u2e3 – got you and welcome!
    @louis05 – ‘Talk’ as much as you want to – that’s probably the element that makes this forum work so well. Getting things off our minds/chests and down on ‘paper’ is so cathartic and helps us move forward in our downsizing journeys.
    @pippapah – wishing you a lovely holiday.
    @ashwpz – it helped me to start thinking of hunger as my friend. When I’m hungry my body is in full repair mode freed up from expending energy on digesting food. My body is thanking me for giving it the chance to do its thing.
    Great advice from @annette52.
    @rerunirret – since I changed to a LCHF diet I am enjoying and controlling my food so much better. I wish I’d known about this 40 years ago before embarking on a life of yoyo dieting and dishing out a fortune at slimming clubs.
    @europabug – very clear and helpful explanation re the effects of carbs – thanks for that.
    @rainbowsmile – OUCH!

OK, that’s me for now. Have a great weekend whatever you’re doing – Together we are Stronger!

Day3 Belfast NFD
    @paulmarsh – Happy belated birthday!
    @ciren2 have you bought some new clothes to pack? You must be quite excited now. Hope you have a wonderful trip and come back refreshed and renewed.
    @annemarilyn – ‘chuffed’ means really pleased, and we use the term ‘flip flop’ here in the UK.
    @bert – good to see your cheery self back!
    @at Very Happy Birthday ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’
    @happymargo your soup sounds delicious. Get well soon, my friend.
    @gandarina – I exercise hard on a FD. I do a swim training sessions on a Monday evening, and enjoy the lightness of a FD. I’ve never had any issues. I know there are others on this forum who do the same.
    @fatrabbit. I’m so impressed with your studying. At school I studied languages, and for my sins I have an A level in French and German, and an O Level in Latin and Russian. When we had a big intake of Polish children at school, I studied Polish for two years. Sadly, that was a long time ago, and I’m master of none. I would need to practise to use them again.
    @louis05 the first couple of weeks are the hardest. It does get easier.
    @ashwpz. Hunger is a passing feeling for me, but I must confess I have no experience of your meds. Try to keep yourself busy. I drink sparkling water and boullion (oxo) which is beefy and very low cal. I also find that not eating for as long as possible easier, because I find eating releases those hunger dragons, but everyone has their own way of going. Good luck
    Feeling very motivated this morning. Onwards and downwards everyone.

Day 3, UK, NFD
    At long last the scales are playing ball again! Down 1.4kg since yesterday, which is 0.8kg below the lowest level I got to in May. I now weigh 90.8kg / 200lb / 14st 4lb.

Have a great w/e people ๐Ÿ‘

Day 3: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Finished work (at Royal Mail….delivering) for two weeks…off for the 10-day Holy Land trip first thing on Monday.
    Debster:
    Not sure if I’m looking forward to it, or not!!! I had to get the kind of clothes I don’t usually wear, as we’ll have to cover up a lot. I normally live in shorts and T-shirts.

Day3 UK NFD

Finally the scales showed some improvement. This morning she’s not cruella but princess poppet for showing a 4lb loss over the week (in the last 3 days). After more than a week of the same weight – I even got my OH on her on Wednesday to see if they were stuck๐Ÿ˜€. I think it was @coda who posted a link to an article re plateau-ing last month and I read it a few times to keep going. I know its physically impossible for me to eradicate 4lbs in 4 days just using the calories in vs energy expended calculations but by keeping calories lower than you need weight will come off, a nice gentle predictable eradication would be nice but our bodies like to play tricks and take time to adjust sometimes. As someone earlier said, what’s the alternative. I don’t want to go back to being the size 22 person I was before Christmas, I have a thinner, healthier and happier person in my future I just need to trust this WOE- it works.

Day 2 Tas Australia NFD

Have read through all the comments but find it so hard to keep track.

@happymargo so sorry about your chrones flare up but SUPER impressed with your attitude about it! Go you and I’m glad you are more comfortable now with your poor swollen feet!
    @Big-viking so glad you are finally going in the right direction after hanging around for a while, though you have really lost a fantastic amount over the last month or so.
    @at Happy birthday!

2nd post ๐ŸŒˆ

Something for u all to try or at least smile at.

So catching up with all the posts that I read on my iPad and I thought why am I sitting here sipping coffee when I could be doing squats. ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ So I did, then I got knackered haven’t a clue how many I did, so decided to do waist twists (made me a bit dizzy whilst reading) so they stopped pretty quickly, but I still hadn’t caught up so decided to do crunches, yes on the floor holding iPad, reading posts, then when exhausted them, one minute plank, then 10 push-ups, iPad now on floor in front of me. Back to squats.

Still haven’t finished, but read enough for now, will come back to them later, see you all helped, going to try and read posts through June whilst doing exercises, every little helps. Obvs have to pick exercises where I can’t hurt myself whilst reading. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚But just know when u check in it’s another squat I am doing. So u are all effectively contributing to my success.

๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿปkeep on keeping on! ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคธ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

That’s an amazing idea @lynzm. so the more we post, the more exercise you will do?? ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 3 country West Australia NFD

Day 3……Florida….. FD

It’s my Sat. to work, so I’m throwing a FD in cuz I know I’m going to be busy!

A couple people have commented on Grumbly Gut. You know that loud noisy that comes from your belly, when you haven’t eaten anything. I promise it will go away, but first a little story about some research I found when I first started……

Our bellies have a sensory, kind of like an alarm on a door you are not suppose to use. This alarm goes off, when we are not putting food into it. I have actually renamed it the gut brain. We have trained our gut brain to rumble when we are not constantly giving it attention. It’s like a rotten two year old, when it doesn’t get what it wants it throws a fit…..
    now our gut has figured out it is heck of a lot easier to grumble then it is to hunt for its needs. So, we must teach it to hunt….. by not giving in to it.
    successful hunting is where our bodies start using our built up fat for energy. Thus is why many of us see are reduction in size before our weight decreases.
    Now like everything else our gut will fight back, it will rumble very loud, give you a head ache, make you feel faint and will make you feel cold. But these are only temporary fits. Once it learns to eat our fat, it won’t pitch a fit any more.
    Stay strong during it fits….. you are stronger then it…. plus, you can have what ever tomorrow.

Tips to stay strong

Wear a sweater…..
    drink lots of water….
    Chew gum…. I’m a 2 pack a day girl!

Others have done
    Warm water with lemon
    Bone broth

I promise once you get over the first couple fast days, your gut will thank you!

Now, I’m off.

Surely, NOT everyone is Kung-fu fighting?

Day 3 USA (Illinois) – NFD

Going to be more controlled today than yesterday when I actually ate 3 meals with a glass of wine at supper. Lunch wasn’t much, but more than I have been eating. Still under goal weight today though!

Busy day planned. Great checking in with you all.

Onward and downward!

@at Happy birthday can’t wait to find out what your OH had planned for you ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿท๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ‚

@ashwpz – stick with us. Tweak things around until you get something that you can live with. The best thing is this woe is so adaptable with many permutations.

Reminder – while we all want the weight off and we want it off like now! This should not be viewed as something you do for a number of months and then go back to what you did b4. Even if the weight is not going as fast as you would like the health benefits of fasting is well documented. This is a way for life and what life use to be like b4 large companies started to make a lot of money and brainwashed us. So think of the beginning of this like anything you start for the first time, practice and perseverance is key. You only fail if you give up!

3rd post ๐ŸŒˆ

Just catching up with all the posts, I wasn’t going to enter anything on the spreadsheet as I don’t look at it, checking in daily and reading all the posts is good enough for me. I look at “my replies” on the website and it’s like a diary, so that’s how I keep track of my journey. I know sometimes it helps others to know they have someone to be accountable to so it’s a good idea, and those who enter regularly strawberries and cream I’m sure will keep an eye on you.

Everyone, keep posting, keep reading both help, it’s your journey, list what positives you find, list negatives, we can all learn, good to write it down as you may forget that little gem later, I steal bits of everyone’s posts all the time, thinking right I will try that tomorrow etc.

Keep on keeping on ๐Ÿ‘Š๐ŸปAnd drown the dragon! ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿป

@annemarilyn “chuffed” means really happy/proud or excited about something.

Day 3, London, UK, NFD

@at, Happy Birthday, I hope itโ€™s a fantastic day, filled with Love, Laughter, Good Company, Better Food and even Better Wine!!!!!!

@pashaw, no apologies necessary, whoโ€™s going to worry about your daughter if not you??? Glad to hear your OH is out of hospital, depressing places that they are.

@louis05, no apology needed, been there, done that!!! Sometimes you have to give yourself a stiff talking too!!! Itโ€™s a revelation that you NEVER could imagine the rested nightsโ€™ sleep, the realisation that grazing all day is only for cows!!, the thought that you CAN have โ€˜ITโ€™ on a NFD, then not wanting it when the NFD rolls around!!!! This WOL really does re-train your brain. I actually, more often than not, break my fast at 5-7pm, and not with a carb heavy sugar laden processed cereal, the revelation came with realising that โ€˜Breakfastโ€™ is a verb not a time of day!!!

@bigviking congrats on the overnight whoosh!!!!

@lynzm, Squat ’til you can squat no more!!! I recall @happymargo attempting to catch up with 12 pages of posts on the treadmill in Feb or March, Iโ€™ll say the same thing to youโ€ฆ. “Here come those buns of steel!!!!”

I hope everyone is staying positiveโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆKeep the faith people!!!!

day 3 NFD.
    I was so badly behaved yesterday..
    wine, cava and copious crisps! !
    just went mad. ..
    having sensible NFD 2day..
    does anyone lose weight if they binge on Nfds but stick to fast days???

Thanks @Imrefrey for your idea of 800 cal, and then reduce slowly, I do become a bit of an all or nothing girl. Thanks also to @coda, @annette52 and @lany36 for your input. VERY much appreciated.

Day 3. NFD Portugal
    60.6 kg so it could have been worse after two weeks of mindless eating. The fasting during last week I am sure had a lot to do with it not being any worse. It feels like I will never cross over into the 50s. I have been in the 60s too long!

I had hoped to reach goal (57kg) before we go on holiday to US on 3rd July. A more realistic goal might be 58.5kg.

Hi @Bert182, is chewing gum ok? I wasn’t sure with the whole stomach producing acid etc in the anticipation of food?

Day 3 USA-WA NFD
    A day for some Zumba and then then lawn mowing. And staying on top of hydration and electrolytes!

Day 3 — Colorado USA– NFD

Going camping with my OH! Absolutely gorgeous weather out, perfect camping conditions.

My doggy can tell I’m getting camp gear together & is getting super excited. Dancing around the kitchen She’s a Labrador retriever & loves to swim. We’ll be staying next to a lake so lots of water sport for doggy!

Used to live in Florida, but sadly none of my water dogs were allowed to swim…. too many alligators! ๐ŸŠ

I so โค๏ธ living in the Rockies! Trails, lakes, blue skies. I’m a lucky girl!

Day 3, Germany, NFD

2nd post.

Thanks for the encouragement! And I shall now fess up.

Bank Holiday Monday was not good. We had friends over for a BBQ. And we had wine… I know I had promised myself there would be no wine until I hit my goal weight of 12.5st / 79.5kg. But everybody else had some. Or they had beer. And surely a small glass won’t hurt? And, and…

… 2 bottles of white wine later all my food restraint went out the window. After 10 weeks of hard graft, I had a NFD to forget. Seconds from the BBQ? Sure, in fact give me a 3rd portion whilst you’re at it! Doughnuts? Cake? Of course!! Pudding? Rather! Give me extra portions whilst you’re at it!

I was back to my guzzling worst! No restraint whatsoever. So I’m glad that having fasted Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, and with a reasonably good NFD on Thursday, I am finally back on track. And hopefully it will be another 10 weeks until I go off the rails again. At which point I should be at, or close to, my goal weight.

Day 3, Germany, NFD

@at Happy Birthday to you, enjoy it!

@ashwpz just stay with us, read all the good advice, take whatever suits you best. When I started this WOL last February I tried to stick to my planned FD’s. I tried a liquid fast once, but it didn’t work out, I have to eat something. I always have chicken broth in the freezer, it saves me when I think I can’t manage the rest of the day. I’m doing the FD when I have to go to work, when I’m busy I don’t get hungry. Other things that help me:

– I use small plates, a small portion looks like a lot on a small plate
    – I drink herbal tea, warm water with lemon all day
    – I don’t buy sweets, so I can’t eat them
    – if I think I really have to eat, I try to wait for 15 more minutes, if I still want to eat, I try to eat just a little bit, stop and see if I want more
    – I only eat what I really like, I don’t want to spend my calories on rubbish
    – I don’t eat everything that is offered to me, I mostly say, I’ll eat it later, sometimes I will, sometimes not. Beware of feeders, they often don’t want you to lose weight
    – I don’t listen to anyone who tells me: Just take only this one. Mostly I can’t just take one and go on eating until everything is gone
    – I always eat protein before I go to sleep otherwise I can’t sleep (don’t know why)
    – I eat a small amount of calories at noon, the rest is for dinner, mostly salad or soup
    -I don’t listen to anyone saying: You don’t need to lose weight, you look fine. I don’t look fine weighing 72 kg and don’t feel fine either

I hope any of this makes sense, for me the best part of this WOL is: if I don’t feel well enough to do a FD mentally, I know tomorrow can be a better day so I can try it then.

Day 3 – USA – FD

@at, happy birthday and many more! @paulmarsh, happy birthday to you also and please continue to post and read all the encouraging messages to you over the last few days! @ciren2, have a lovely holiday in the Holy Land! @saffy420, good job! @lynzm, never mind “buns of steel”…you will have “quads of concrete”!

Went to the dr. finally after 5 months of 5:2, brought all my records of daily blood pressure readings, was so smug and confident that they would be amazed at my 5:2 LCHF rant. Lo and behold my pressure was astronomical…they took it 4 times and it was at a level it has not been for 5 months! They suggested I bring my machine in next time to see if it’s calibrated correctly! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Came home and took it again – same as dr.’s office….what the…top number is the high one, bottom number is fine. Can’t figure it out. Only bright spot in that visit was the kudos offered for losing weight and commitment to recording it, as well as a slight reduction in meds. Will continue to record my bp daily and between me and you, I think it was “white coat syndrome”.

Hey you technical people out there….how do you add things to the spreadsheet and save it there in the right bit…..? I tried, and it nearly moved onto someone else’s….so I got rid of it, I’m afraid of messing it up!
    AT:
    Happy Birthday, whichever day it is. xx (I couldn’t find out).

Day 3 | Sunny London, UK | NFD

I hope the day is beautiful where you are, London is having a good day.

I have been enjoying catching up on all the posts this morning. What an interesting, supportive and caring forum this is.

@strawberriesandcream thank you for the spreadsheet, i enjoyed looking at the FD throughout May – i haven’t technically had a FD yet in June, i promise it’s coming on Monday!

@bert1802 – enjoyed the belly story .. more of those please @coda @debster151 – yes indeed, i am lucky to have my mum and so well at 83 she lives by herself, my dad died 8 years ago. i am so proud of how she had motivated herself to continue to enjoy life and look after herself.

i’m heading out now but aiming to get back on later with a little post.

Hope your weekend is wonderful wherever you are – did i say i love how international this forum is.

Day 3 Lancaster, US BSD 800

@fordprefect and I walked 3.8 miles this morning.๐Ÿ˜…

@paulmarsh have a great โœจ๐ŸŽ‰Happy Birthday!โœจ๐ŸŽ‰Please stay well, Wishing you a great year to come!โœจ๐ŸŽถโœจ๐ŸŽ‰
    @atโœจ๐Ÿฅ‚๐ŸŽ‰Happy Birthday! ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿฅ‚๐ŸŽ‚โœจโœจ๐ŸŽ‰
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ae/b3/9a/aeb39af79513ad0333ca7444262370e5.jpg

Love our wonderful International Supportive, fun group.๐Ÿ˜…
    I will be reading more later.๐Ÿ˜‡

Have a great Day All!

Hey Y’all! From NC, couldn’t resist the local vernacular! I’m interested in the June 30 day challenge. I’ve been re-familiarizing myself with FD & want to start Monday. I’m over 60, not as active as I used to be, but remain health conscious & determined to loose some weight, particularly around my waist – ugh! I’m recently coming off of “sugar busters” a low sugar/carb diet that was not very successful for me. I actually tried FD several years ago & it worked. Somehow, I got away from it & very committed to doing it again. I need to loose 10lbs. You may say, ah that’s nothing, but I am concerned about my expanding waistline & health implications! My father had open heart surgery at my age, so cardiac disease is in my DNA! I’ll take all the encouragement & advice you are willing to give! Stay moving!
    Island Crtuiser

2nd post

@ciren2 Not technical at all but I just open the spreadsheet, wait a little, add what I want to add and leave the spreadsheet. What I added is still there. Just try again.

Hope you have a lovely holiday, take care.

(2nd post)

@onahealthyhigh – yup! My flippy-floppies are those cheap rubber sandals (some say “thongs” I think?)

But here “thongs” are those awful women’s panties that are like strings between your booty cheeks. (My apologies to those that love rocking that style! I’d spend all day digging ’em out & rearranging. Ugh! No thanks. ๐Ÿ˜)

Hi! Well, the first 3 days of June have been busy and I forgot to post! Hope it’s ok that I post for three days on this one reply

Day 1, London UK, NFD
    Having come back from a few days away in Spain, I felt like I literally put on all the weight I lost in May when I first started 5:2, so this was the motivation I needed to stay on track and attempt to get rid of all the holiday bloat. Did well, and have made sure I keep my water intake to 3 litres a day. I have been craving sugar but have tried to snack on dates and avoid temptation.

DAY 2, London UK, NFD
    Managed to stay under my TDEE and have stuck to protein and green veggies but caved into a couple of mini ice lollies..tuttut…still can’t get rid holiday bloat though and am wondering how long it will take to go or if I have actually put on 6lb over five days!!

DAY 3, London UK FD
    I usually fast Mondays and Wednesdays but as we were on holiday this Monday I switched days..not the best day for an FD for me as we usually spend the weekend with family and it’s hard to stick to 500 cal, but so far so good! Stayed off food until 12pm, had a veggie smoothie and a late lunch of a small grilled chicken and lots of lettuce, with 100 cal left to spare wooo.
    Questio: one of my friends had mentioned it’s better not to eat protein on FDs as it uses up your calorie count?however, I’ve found that it keeps me full but do have to make sure I have my first meal in the afternoon or late afternoon. I start my fast at 8 or 9pm the night before and will have my first meal around 1pm on FD. What foods do you avoid during FDs and which do you recommend? I did try soups but felt I still needed something chewable so it felt like I’d eaten something!

@snowflake
    I tried what you said, but it didn’t save…how do you save what you add to the spreadsheet anyone?

3rd post

@mrssonb I do eat protein on FD’s otherwise I can’t sleep at night. I also need something chewable, no water/liquid fasts for me. I too start to eat about noon, I always have some protein, yoghurt or cheese. For Dinner salad with a poached egg and a bit of mayonaise or spinach/onion/butter with an omelette on top or spinach/onion/butter with salmon or yoghurt with Brazil nuts, walnuts, soft apricots and berries, or my favorite, chicken broth with broccoli put in a blender with crรจme fraรฎche and chicken breast cut in small pieces. My TDEE is 1300 cal. so I can’t have too many cal. on a FD.

4th post

@ciren2 on the spreadsheet I click in the field where I want to add something, add it and then I go to the dart pointing to the left at the top of the page on the left side, I leave the spreadsheet this way and go back to the tread again. I’m bad at this, not good at a computer.

Day 3, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Hello fellow fasters,

Wow, finally after being a zombie since returning from Europe, I feel human again! Yippee! Walked the dog in our park, then gardening for almost 2 hours, finally broke fast after 18 hours!

@at: Happy Birthday! ๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผโš˜

Have a great Saturday everyone! Love reading all your posts!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

(4th post)

@keetseel — thank you for your kind words. I try to stay upbeat, because what’s the point of the opposite?

I’ve had Crohn’s since I was 26 & have learned to manage fairly well with it. Staying fit has been a major key.

Plus I live by my motto of “no BMW.”
    And that doesn’t mean the automobile manufacturer. It stands for “No Bitching, Moaning or Whining.” ๐Ÿ˜ The way I figure, complaining fixes nothing & may push people away.
    So I keep my chin up & push on! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

2nd post…..

@at….. Happy Birthday ๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆ

@ash…..I’ve never had chewing gum effect my efforts to fast. Like I said, I could easy chew 2 packs a day. I’ve lost about 25lbs and have gone from a US size 12 to a US size 8.
    I think it just keeps my mind and mouth busy when I’m not shoving it full of food……

Do you think everyone was really Kung-fu fighting? Maybe they were just pretending!

Day 3 – SW WA USA – NFD

@ciren2 – just type in the info in the cell you want and that’s it. No need to save; it does it automatically

@at – Happy Happy Birthday!

@mrssonb – On a FD, I make sure not to eat and grains but rather lots of veggies, some protein & healthy fat plus on occasion some fruit.

@ashwpz – others have already spoken to your question of FDs but I’ll add a bit. I found reading Dr. Mosley’s book – The FastDiet: 5:2, essential. It was interesting to see how he handled his day one way and Mimi another way. I was more like Mimi, especially at the beginning of my 5:2 journey. She usually had a little bit at noon and then most of her calories at the evening meal. Now, I change it up, and now sometimes do a liquid only FD one day and then later in the week a 500 cal day with water, coffee, broth, herbal tea during the day and the low carb healthy fat meal at supper. This WOL is flexible. Keep at it and you’ll find what works for you.

@songbirdme – I like “pocket linguists”. It sounds as though we have several on this forum. For me I started life with English and German in my home in central Canada, then added French in school, and some Latin in High School, followed by Spanish in the Canary Islands for a couple of years. Now my students (English Language Learners) come from Russian, Spanish and a sprinkling of other language backgrounds.

Day 3: NFD, UK

Just back from a few days away. Feeling bloated from the flight and overindulgence. Suffered terrible indigestion last night… serves me right! Very much looking forward to light salads tomorrow and my first proper fast day tomorrow!!

Day 3 Oregon USA | FD
    Midway into my first FD, I’m hungry but determined.

@ciren2 just put what you want in the spreadsheet and then close it. If you reopen it, what you entered should be there, no saving, just like magic!

NFD scales saying Im 78.6 kg
    Had a full on eating day with not much walking I was too tired to do anything much and my attempt to go to bed early were eradicated boo hoo. Had lots of amazing food today. Next week I ll leave my partner to his own devices i.e. being a dad while I ll do my own stuff i.e. move more. NFD tomorrow though I ll try to make it healthier one.

oh no not again:(( I hate that my son lives in London at times like this even though I know he is incredibly unlikely to be involved

Dreadful news again in London. Stay safe everyone x

Day 3 Lancaster, PA US BSD 800
    Had a great day with family, we grilled vegetables and chicken … spent time in the hammock in the wonderful sunshine โ˜€๏ธ ๐ŸŒž
    @island-cruiser Welcome! โœจGlad you are in the group.โœจ Our family is going to Lexington,NC pretty close to Charlotte, in June.
    @strawberriesandcream I knew you would make a great host and leader… and You are! Thank-you for all your efforts and for guiding us through this month!โœจ

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 1,895 total)

You must be logged in to reply.