Jump-Start January! The January 2023 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Jump-Start January! The January 2023 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 397 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  michelinme 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 404 total)

• Day 24 – USA/GA – *sigh*

Weigh-in: 219 lbs. Supposed to have a luncheon today. Doing ZBC and planning on OMAD, having only the luncheon bits and maybe a sugar-free mint at mid-afternoon. If I’m lucky, I won’t have to eat at the event and can convert this into a FD.

Day 24 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WF 154.8

Yesterday was the first day since last Tuesday that I didn’t manage to keep my calories below 1500 (and almost always I’ve been closer to 1400 each day). The problem was normal temptation as well as not having a clue how much of the pork roast I ate. My recorded calories were 1591, but that’s based on my guess of how much I ate; if I was completely underestimating, then it could easily have reached 2K or even higher. I’ve decided a shrug is a good enough response, and I’ll move on and do well this week. After all, this is the first 7-day stretch in MONTHS when I’ve eaten according to plan almost perfectly, so I’m celebrating that.

@litprof What is it to “work interstate”? Or was there a typo in there?

@matpi Wow, that bite on your tongue has been TOUGH on you! I hope your recovery progresses rapidly!

@maui 1232 calories for an NFD sounds spot-on perfect, and your guess about why you were dizzy could well be true. An extra day of lying low was probably good for you, and will increase your resiliency when you resume visiting the rehab center. Please continue to keep us posted on your DH’s progress.

@dramaqueen6 Sounds like your time with your DD and her family was wonderful!

@funshipfreddie Loved your explanation of the place you’re looking to buy, and the “life rights” place across the street; such places are not common in the States–or at least I’ve not heard of any. 🤷‍♀️

@daffodil2010 Oh, I’m so sorry you have a toothache!! What happened that you have such a huge reaction to a dentist?? And that almond bread sounds too good to be true; I’m going to make it, perhaps even tomorrow when I’m past my WF.

@snowflake56 It’s rare among us all to have the willpower to lose the weight on our own, and even maintaining without being part of the group is such a challenge. And, honestly, I think that has far more to do with the unending temptations we face everywhere than it has to do with the quality of our willpower.

@missybear What’s prompting your planned move this year?

@northgeorgia Your plan sounds good right up until the sugar-free mint midafternoon: I think that will simply unleash your hunger dragon. Don’t you suppose??

I am assuming @mariaelena is doing fine maintaining on her own, but it would be lovely to hear from her and I hope she pops in at some point. In fact:

@songbirdme Have I simply lost track of a recent post, or have you been very quiet lately? I pray all is well. @at We miss you! @flourbaby How’s the house hunting/buying going?? @penz I think of you so often, and miss your chatter. @gardenlily I’m especially troubled by your silence, and fear something is wrong. @i-hate-lettuce I’m guessing your simply keeping on keeping on, but hope you’ll pop in and say hello occasionally. @jaifaim You okay, just busy? And the problem with singling out people is that it’s easy to miss some, so who else should I be including in this list?

It’s good weather today (cold, but dry roads, and nothing will come from the skies) so it will be nice and easy to go from student to student. Plus, a student I taught twenty years ago–she was advanced when she came to me and practiced and learned what I assigned her each week, which made her rare and a joy to teach!–now lives in Omaha with her husband and kids, and we’re meeting for coffee during my two-hour break; it will be wonderful to catch up with her.

So have a grand one, everyone–day or evening, according to your time zone and location in the world–and stay strong, filled with RESOLVE!

USA. Day 24. FD

Hurrying off to Tai Chi, so just quickly checking in.

Pocket List – Day 24 🍎
    @litprof
    @dramaqueen6
    @daffodil2010
    @ccco

Have a great day, everyone! 🙂

Day 24 UK F800

Bad start – for the first time this year thought I’d have a light breakfast , I’m back to the ZBC tomorrow! Still hopeful I can do a F800 but if I’m a bit over I can live with it

Pocket List – Day 24 🍎
    @litprof
    @dramaqueen6
    @daffodil2010
    @ccco
    @brightonbelle F800

Day 25 Melbourne, Australia FD

Off for a swim today then a quiet day. I may try for a WD, apart from a coffee this morning so that I don’t end up with a headache.

I definitely agree that I could not continue to do this without the support from the forum. With the group support I can keep going even when I don’t want to. And come back to this when I go off track.

Day 24 USA/HI NFD
    (Previous post was also dated Day 24 but should have been Day 23)
    7:30pm post on how my day went….
    Weigh in 163 lb. Happy just to maintain this new low for now.
    Total calories consumed today : 1150 making it a controlled eating day?
    Exercise: 30 minute workout on stationary bike showing 211 calories burned.
    Easy trip over to rehab to visit with DH. He seemed much more alert than usual so I am encouraged. Tomorrow I go to a meeting that’s designed to review his progress and make plan for how long he will be staying in rehab. Insurance covers for one more week but I believe an extension can be requested. I am torn with wanting him home and feeling he should stay long as possible to allow me to get the house wheelchair safe and line up some help. I’m sure the answer will become clear soon.
    Thanks for all the thoughtful words from everyone here. It really makes a difference. I’m amazed that this group of wonderful people that I’ve never met have become the life line that keeps me going!

Day 25 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@daffodil2010 – I hope your toothache went away?! Odontophobia – I think that’s what it’s called. I was the same when I was a kid, after having a couple of horrible experiences at the dentist. Well, he WAS a horrible dentist. I didn’t go for years after that, until I was in agony in my early twenties. Then I found a very nice, empathetic lady dentist. It made a huge difference & my fear mostly went away. I wouldn’t say I actually enjoy going, but I no longer have nightmares just at the thought of going for a check-up. Maybe Allen Carr should’ve written a book about that?! 😅

@missybear – are you planning to move within the same area? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

@stitchincarol – I’m sure @songbirdme is fine. At least, she was yesterday when she kicked my butt at ‘Words with Friends’ 🥴️

@maui – good news re your DH! Fingers crossed you’re granted that extension so you have more time to get organised at home 🤞

Still no news re the house, but I’m taking that as a good sign. If they were just going to reject my offer, I’m guessing they would’ve done it by now…? 🤔

Happy Hump Day! 🐫🐪

Pocket List – Day 25 🍒
    @malee57

Day 25, Germany, CD

The plan was to do a FD today but we’re going to do a bit of shopping in the Netherlands so I’ll fast tomorrow.

@stitchincarol At my goal weight I have ~ 1300 calories to spend, that’s not much. The thought of planning wisely what to eat for the rest of my life just frightens me.

@maui That’s good news on the DH. I agree with @funshipfreddie, try to extend your DH’s time in rehab.

@daffodil2010 I hope your toothache got better, have you ever tried cloves?

@missybear You’re not leaving beautiful Wales, are you?

Have a nice day everyone!

Dorset – NFD

@maui – Lovely news that your husband was brighter. I agree with you regarding the people in this group, it is keeping me in check as well.

@funshipfreddie – hopefully you will hear good news soon re your house.

Off to the gym in a minute, as I am trying to lose inches as well as pounds. So far I have lost 2 inches off my waist! I am not sure how they calculate it but according to my scales my metabolic age is 5 years older than my actual age.🤨

Salmon for dinner with broccoli and carrots, maybe even a bit of rice. I am trying to keep to 1200 calories on NFD.

POCKET LIST
    @maui
    @funshipfreddie
    @snowflake56 CD

2nd Post – Day 25

@dramaqueen6@maui is a trillion miles away in Hawaii & but wasn’t fasting anyway on Day 24. That’s why we always put the day we’re currently in, due to the different time zones around the world. It’s day 25 now for most of us. @malee57 is in Australia & it’s already the evening of the 25th now on the east coast! And I’m not fasting today, & you can’t make me 😜

Pocket List – Day 25 🍒
    @malee57
    @snowflake56 CD

@funshipfreddie – so do we only put in the pocket list who is fasting? Honestly, time zones and posting is really not my forte! I feel so old saying that, but it feels like my brain only has so much capacity for things I know at the moment!!

3rd Post – Day 25

@dramaqueen6 – yes, the pocket list is sort of for motivation, for the people who are fasting that day. But don’t worry about it, someone will pop you on the list if you don’t put yourself on it. It’s not compulsory anyway 😃

Day 25 UK F800

Ended up being nearer 1k than 800 yesterday , I’m so easily influenced, read your post @missybear and thought it sounded a good idea 💭 anyway I’m happy

Yeah I’ve come to the same conclusion with beer @stitchincarol aiming to stay clear for the rest of Jan

Good to hear of your DHs improvement @maui

Happy🐫day all

Pocket List – Day 25 🍒
    @malee57
    @snowflake56 CD
    @brightonbelle F800

Day 25 – Ireland – FD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

Hi everybody – still not feeling the best but checking in to say hi… I’m missing you all but staying off screens as much as I can but will be back… and am looking forward to catching up on news..

FD today so joining you all. This I can manage 💪 and I’m also trying to cut out all those things which I believe contribute to sinusitis/headaches 🙏

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Pocket List – Day 25 🍒
    @malee57
    @snowflake56 CD
    @brightonbelle F800
    @jaifaim

Day 25 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 219 lbs. Yay! Today turned into a FD because our colleague had to reschedule her dentist appointment. Which means I’m back to an official FD this week.

It also meant yesterday was a NFD, but I didn’t go crazy. Actually went down a few ounces over Monday. @stitchincarol It’s a good question. On the one hand, it can open the door to snacking and probably stimulate hormones that could affect insulin resistance and hunger. On the other hand, I have a co-worker who lives on sugar-free gum and mints to keep cravings away, and says it has helped her stay on track. On my FDs, I just do water and some occasional salt. I am a bit curious if the gum and mints might help on NFDs or end up a bad decision.

Pocket List – Day 25 🍒
    @malee57
    @snowflake56 CD
    @brightonbelle F800
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia

USA. Day 25. OMAD

Yesterday was supposed to be a FD but in the evening I got carried away and ruined the day. This is why I can’t wait to get that book on emotional eating. It comes today. In the meantime, I am doing an OMAD for my 5:2 fast day. Maybe that will make up for the extra calories I had yesterday!

Pocket List – Day 25 🍒
    @malee57
    @snowflake56 CD
    @brightonbelle F800
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 25 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD 151.4

Last Wednesday morning, my post-WF weight was 154.0 (and I was NOT best pleased by how high it still was!). On Friday morning, after my second WF of the week, I was 151.4. And this morning I weigh that same amount after only my first. That’s an excellent indication that my body is losing weight, although if you’ve paid any attention to my bouncing weight, you’ll understand how hard it is to know if and when I’ve lost a pound, LOL.

I’m working at writing up an “essay” on my process that’s gotten me back on track. It’s not there yet, but I’ll work on polishing it until it says what I want it to say (with as few words as possible, which you all know is a challenge for me, LOL!). My hope is that someone else might find something useful in my experience, even as my process of writing it out helps to cement me in position to keep on track.

@maui How delightful that you’re maintaining your 163 and that your DH was more alert yesterday; I pray that both continues for him/you. ❤️

@funshipfreddie Oh, how that made me laugh; I’d forgotten that you and she play Words with Friends. For your sake, I’m sorry she kicked your butt. But only for your sake; for her sake, I’m thrilled! 🤣

@snowflake56 My recent turnaround has come from rephrasing my negative thoughts, so allow me to rephrase yours: At your age, you have 1300 daily calories to spend, right? You really would be uncomfortable to eat many more than that, so what a joy that you’re not currently in the habit of eating 2500+ calories each day. And such a blessing that a little bit of exercise–something that will make your body feel so good–and some daily activity will take you up closer to 1500, which is a wonderful level of food at our age: not too much, not too little. And how GLORIOUS that you’re not 100lbs overweight with that daunting task in front of you. Yup. 1300 daily calories sounds low but is actually an excellent place to be. ❤️ Do you have a Fitbit, or anything that tracks how many calories you actually burn? My TDEE is 1366, but I’m active enough that I burn 1500-1650 each day, and I’m guessing that’s very possibly true of you. If you don’t have a Fitbit or the equivalent, you can get an app on your smart phone and carry that around every moment of the day in a pocket, and get a decent approximation of what’s being burned and how many steps you’re getting.

@dramaqueen6 and @funshipfreddie I smiled at the exchange of posts regarding the pocket list; glad that’s all straight now! @dramaqueen6 The pocket list started when an early member, struggling to stick to her FD, wrote down on a little piece of paper everyone who was fasting that day and tucked the list in her pocket; every time she was tempted to eat something not on her plan, she’d pull out the list and remind herself that all those friends were going through the same thing, and she could be strong. Hence “pocket list” for those who are fasting.

@brightonbelle In the spirit of re-framing my thoughts to be positive instead of self-pitying, I’ve been pointing out to myself, “Well, it’s winter and it’s FREEZING out there; a cold beer is refreshing in the heat of summer, but how is it lovely in frigid winter temps???” I’m not entirely successful with that reasoning, but I’m working on it! 🤪

@jaifaim I’m guessing you won’t see this but in case you do: last you said you were “under the weather” but now you’re still not feeling well? Two weeks later?? That doesn’t sound good at all; do take care of yourself. Prayers for healing for you, my friend. ❤️

@northgeorgia I certainly do my fair share of gum to help resist snacking, but I always draw the line at mints. Well, I draw the line now; didn’t draw the line a few months ago, LOL. You’ll have to report how well it works to control the snacking urge.

@ccco You have my sympathy; I know well how easy it is to get carried away in the evening! And today’s a fresh start, so it’s all good.

Last Wednesday morning, it was snowing and we got 5-6″ by the time it stopped 8am on Thursday. It was lovely to watch, and fun to stay home with DH since every activity got cancelled…but more fun to look forward to the tasks on today’s schedule!

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 25 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 CD

Late check in today, a routine hospital appointment has taken up most of today although I have managed to fit in a walk before eating brunch at 3.30pm! I’m surprising myself with how long I am able to extend my overnight fast period for without getting ravenous.

Today is another 1000 calories CD @brightonbelle it seems a satisfying amount after a
    Monday 500 FD and I hope it will be low enough to allow for some 🍷over the weekend 😉

@stitchincarol and @funshipfreddie and @snowflake56 I have been happy living in beautiful Wales, but over the past few years I have grown increasingly homesick and miss the people and places of the area where I previously lived. It feels like I have stayed too long on holiday and now I’m ready to go home. It may take a while as property in this area doesn’t seem to be moving but the adventure will commence in the spring, just waiting for winter to be over before we get on the market.

Be back tomorrow for company on my FD.

@stitchincarol – thank you for the back story, all is clear now!!! Didnt mean for anyone to do a FD if they didn’t want to 🤣

Day 25 USA (Illinois) NFD

Sorry, @stitchincarol – yes, I have been MIA! Very busy with far too much going on. But today is our 54th wedding anniversary, and we are off shortly to celebrate where we had out honeymoon, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, at what is now Grand Geneva Resort.

I do generally skim posts every few days, but sorry I’m not being much of a support! I’ve had doctor check-ups lately (keeping at maintenance and happy for that) but have lost another inch in height. When young, I was 5’8″ but was 5’5″ at my recent physical. Getting cataracts removed later in early spring too once Choral Society concert is done in late March. Mr. SBM has had triple hernia surgery a couple weeks ago that has him “hurts when he laughs” still. Getting old is a real bummer sometimes!

Think of you all often!

Onward and downward.

Day 25 UK FD
    Day 24 NFD
    Day 23 CD

Sorry to disappear and not host for a couple of days, it’s been full on! I read posts on Monday then ran out of time before I posted. But I know you’ve all been fine without me as we all look after each other here 🙂

Monday was very long and Tues was very early start: I was so tired I had supper at 4pm and was fast asleep by 6pm. Yesterday was also a very tired overeat involving biscuits and lemon curd – no christmas anything left in the house now! Hence today I’m 3lb up on Friday and feeling puffy, putting in a solid FD500 with OMAD dal with cauliflower and leftover cabbage. Aiming for another early night then heading out early for my celebration haircut.

First, settling down to catch up with posts:

@malee57 I’m with you on the bingeing brain lizard! Well done for getting near goal already 🙂

@funshipfreddie congrats on being a whole kilo down this month! Fingers firmly crossed re house purchase

@snowflake56 it’s always lovely to journey with you, so glad you came back.I came back in May with 42lb to lose, now 21lb which is great but can’t seem to get below 168lb yet…

@ccco hope your Jump Start is going well apart from yesterday’s glitch. I’m also doing FD today as yesterday didn’t work

@litprof so pleased you are feeling better with your 3rd FD800 – stronger together!

@matpi hope you are feeling better and this doubled antibiotic sees off your dental infection

@missybear your walks sound so lovely. Well done for planning the week – it’ll be interesting to see how it goes after b2b FD800s. Like @brightonbelle i’m influenced by your idea of alternating 1000 calorie CD with FDs – I recall back in 2018 I did 4 x CD, 2x FD and one treat NFD each week, and it worked! Good luck with your house move planning

@maui so glad you will have DS51 with you for a couple of weeks to help you. And wonderful that DH was more alert. I hope the review of rehab goes well.

@dramaqueen6 SOunds like a lovely time with family – including dessert! Thanks for the info, I’ll have a look for walk at home on youtube. Brilliant that you’ve lost 2″ from your waist! If you put the day on the top of your post – ie the date where you are – then we’ll all know which day we are talking about

@daffodil2010 thanks so much for the almond bread recipe -that sounds amazing! Really high in protein and low in carbs – perfect! Hope your toothache settles down v soon. I also have dental phobia but no valium options on the NHS

@northgeorgia Yay for fitting in a FD this week. I hope you find the thing that gets you off this plateau v soon – there’s no doubting your amazing commitment despite setbacks and circumstances

@stitchincarol congrats on 7 days of sticking to a plan! Today’s weigh in is really promising – and testimony to the work you have put in. I love your positive reframing – a helpful reminder that what we focus on expands and shapes our mindset then actions…

@jaifaim sorry you are still feeling under the weather. Hope whatever it is resolves v soon

Day 25 Thought – daily posting for accountability is a great way to keep on track. The super-charged version of daily posting is to host the monthly challenge! Who would like to be super-charged next month?

Pocket List – Day 25 🍒
    @malee57
    @snowflake56 CD
    @brightonbelle F800
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco
    @michelinme

Day 25 USA/HI FD800
    Weigh-in 163 lb
    Exercise on stationary recumbent bike showed 270 calories burnt.
    Adding myself to pocket list as this has accidentally turned into an easy FD800. It’s about 5:30 pm here.
    Actual calories for the day are well under 800 but I’m saying 800 as I may add something more to my Ono fish with healthy noodles and salad dinner which I have already logged into MFP.
    Meeting at Rehab went great! Insurance has already extended to Feb 10th for discharge for DH to come home. Both sons should be here by then and will help care for their beloved dad. I was able to keep my acupuncture appt which is located near rehab. It was so wonderful just to relax and recharge in the tranquility of the acupuncture clinic.
    Thanks again for all the support!!
    Pocket List – Day 25 🍒
    @malee57
    @snowflake56 CD
    @brightonbelle F800
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco
    @michelinm
    @mauiFD800

Day 26 Melbourne, Australia CD

Yesterday’s FD went well. I am not good at trying to do a B2B so today will be a CD. We had a really busy shift at work last night, so I am proud of myself that I did not give into the “I deserve this <insert food>” thoughts.

@funshipfreddie weather forecasters are predicting Tropical Cyclone Freddy for WA on the weekend here. What shenanigans have you been up to?

@stitchincarol I think the idea of trying to reframe what we do as a positive is helpful to my mindset. I try to look at what I will eat, not what I am wanting to exclude. It helps to include lots of fruit and vegies and crowd out the unhealthy food. Rather than have a mindset of deprivation e.g. I can’t have these chocolates I try think about all the really yummy fruit I can have.

Day 26, Germany, FD

Yesterday went well, I stayed well below 700 cals.

@missybear Homesickness is not a good thing to have, so I can totally understand you want to move back to where you came from. I’m Dutch, we try to go there for a few days every month.

@maui Great news!

@michelinme Thank you! Wow, you’ve lost an impressive amount of weight! Why do you think you’re weight doesn’t go down further?

@jaifaim I hope you’ll feel better soon and able to join us again.

@songbirdme Happy belated 54th wedding anniversary wishes! I agree, growing old isn’t easy at times.

@stitchincarol Thanks for your thoughts and reply. I think 1300 or even 1500 cals isn’t that much. I don’t think you have the right impression of the live this 66 y.o. lives. We do ballroom dancing two or three times a week and walk a lot so I don’t think I need a Fitbit or a mobile phone as I don’t want/need them. The only thing that causes my higher weight over and over again is the amount of sugar I eat. If I cut back ( skipping is not an option) on that, my weight will go down again.

@missybear I’m with you on today’s FD.

Pocket list day 26
    @snowflake56

Day 26 – DORSET – NFD

Morning All,

Have a lovely day

Day 26 – Ireland – NFD 🚫 🚶🏽‍♀️ ✅

Hello A quick check in… I’m here… yesterday’s FD went well 👍. A CD today.
    Have a lovely day all. I hope you are all keeping well.

Onward and downward ⬇️

@songbirdme – Happy Anniversary to you & Mr @songbirdme! 54 years?! 🎉 🥂

@malee57 – Happy Australia Day! 🇦🇺 You’re on the west coast? So about 6 hours ahead of South Africa. I hope that tropical cyclone doesn’t do too much damage?! 😳

It’s ‘D’ Day – as in deadline day. Not had so much as a text message re my offer. The OTP says the offer expires on the 26th, but there’s no time specified. So I guess they could still accept it anytime before midnight. Anyway, back to scouring the property websites. There’s a coastal town called Jeffrey’s Bay about 45 minutes south of here. Well-known for surfing 🏄‍♂️ Although you won’t catch me doing that anytime soon 😅 I might take a look around there next week.

Let’s make it a good one, Thursday fasters! 🎯

Pocket List – Day 26 🍓
    @malee57 CD
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear

Day 26 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Did not post yesterday as super busy day. Attended the service and cremation of my good friends husband yesterday, after getting delayed for an hour in non-moving traffic, but at least I got there to hug her. Then back to work, with messages pinging about my poor old Dad being in the hospital getting a suspected blood clot in his leg checked and tested.

Full on worry with Dad now. At 86 it seems to be one thing after the other now. He is mentally very strong willed which is his saviour, but physically things slowing down with age. And his best friend is in hospital after collapsing with grief at his son’s funeral on Monday, which Dad was at, so all these things to worry him. 😔

Anyhoo, on we go. Keeping steady at the wheel.

@funshipfreddie, I never ever had a problem with dentists until an incident at my old butcher dentist which I blocked out for years but memory dies creep back. I won’t say it as I don’t want to scare others with the FEAR (nothing that I could prosecute him on by the way, nothing like that, just shoddy dentist skills) and I have been claustrophic ever since.

My new dentists with the Valium is amazing, but I still take my time going for a visit 😀

@snowflake56 cloves for toothache? I will google now and try immediately. I have cloves in my spice rack!!

Have a lovely day all. Together we are stronger

Day 26 – UK Cam NFD
    Hello everyone! I’m back, just – been a pretty chaotic few weeks – DH health issues plus a minor incident on my part. Been trying to eat carefully and weighed in last week at a steady 139lb – not losing any, but more positively not gaining either. DH had mixed results from tests – good news, no cancer (big fear); bad news, damage sustained is irreversible so what we have to work with what we have. He has made some major life changes which have initially been hard to work with but we’re getting there. My ‘incident’ involved whiplash after a stupid fall on the allotment (of all places) in the icy weather – laying chipping paths, slipped over backwards and hit head on rockhard ground with resounding crack in the neck area 🙁

Going to hit February hard, back to the proper 5:2 regime. Like Thomas the Tank Engine – you know you can, you know you can …

Haven’t had much time to check the posts regularly – @stitchincarol, thanks for mentioning me – it reminded me what a wonderfully supportive group this is, hence this post. Thank You – you’ve got me back in the groove.

Shopping trip planned for today, maybe pub lunch (always a challenge to eat well) but, @funshipfreddie – still sticking to DTF (dry til Friday) routine, successful thoughout Jan (so far) so it will be cal free elderflower tonic with my lunch.

Right, I must get moving – will catch up with all the posts and see you all soon – promise!

Day 26 UK FD

Wow a lot of early posters today – good to see you back @gardenlily and ouch that sounds painful 🤕 I’m DTF too so I admire your will power being able to resist once in the pub

Congratulations @songbirdme 🥂

Hope you hear back from them today @funshipfreddie

I hear you @daffodil2010 our 3 remaining parents are in their 80s and I worry about them all and not being near , every time we visit the changes seem more drastic

I’m not too keen but if nobody else fancies it I’ll host February

Pocket List – Day 26 🍓
    @malee57 CD
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle

Day 26 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Checking in to put myself on the pocket list and see I’m already on it, thank you 😊

@funshipfreddie 🤞you get good news about your offer today.

I’m another one with elderly parent worries, my 86 yo dad has had a couple of bad falls recently, he has had to give up driving and is pretty much house bound but he has regained strength since the falls and remains stubbornly independent and won’t consider looking into care arrangements. Frustrating but I have to keep my mouth shut and let him get on with living how he chooses.

Together we are stronger, have a great day everyone!

Pocket List – Day 26 🍓
    @malee57 CD
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle

Day 26 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 214 lbs. People were laughing at me when I told them how excited I was that lunch was cancelled and I was thrilled to no have to eat on Wednesday! But I did have at least one colleague that agreed with me (another IFer) haha

Just reading over the messages quickly, and hoping for health, good news, open dialogues, quality time with loved ones, and commitment to the WOL for all.

Day 26 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD 153.0

Last Thursday morning, I was 154.2…dare I take this morning’s weight as proof of a 1lb loss? I actually went over calories yesterday by close to 200, but entirely innocently and accidentally; I’d figured out what to eat for each meal, carefully weighed out the meat for supper so I didn’t have too much, ate my meal, entered it in MFP–and discovered it added up far higher than my mental math had realized! Oops, LOL. On the other hand, my Fitbit says I burned 1960 calories yesterday, and I reached 11K steps (which was actually from pounding the piano at choir rehearsal last night, but that’s far more exhausting than walking, so I never feel bad about it), so it all evens out, and I’m calling yesterday an on-target day…and making a note to myself to use MFP to input my food BEFORE I’ve already eaten it, LOL.

@missybear Loved your description of feeling as if you’ve been on an extended vacation but now it’s time to go home. But where is “home”? Somewhere in England?

@songbirdme Happy anniversary! Fifty-four years, eh? Wonderful!! Have a grand time at your honeymoon locale!

@michelinme Fast asleep by 6pm? Yup, that’s TIRED, LOL! And while we miss you when you’re gone, you’re right that we take care of each other. 😘

@maui How lovely that insurance has already extended the stay at rehab; that’s hopefully enough time to have the house ready for your DH to come home, and how extra lovely that both sons will be there with you both.

@malee57 I’m glad the reframing idea is working for you, so here’s another: While you did indeed “deserve” that food that was tempting you since you were working hard (okay, I could argue against what I just said, but hang in with me), you ALSO “deserve” a body not filled with empty calories, a body not struggling to digest unhealthy foods, a body that’s somewhat empty because that feels so good, a body that is only asked to digest healthy fruits and veggies and appropriate proteins. So, well done on swerving those temptations!

@snowflake56 Ahh, I’d forgotten you two do ballroom dancing!! What a fun thing to be reminded of! And sugar…yup, that’s a tough one, and so very easy to overeat! I adore baking, and eating the results of my baking, but do it very rarely these days. When I am old, I shall be the baking grandma who’s given up on being thin, LOL.

@jaifaim Well done for ticking off all your goals for yesterday!

@funshipfreddie How frustrating that you’re having to wait until the very end of the time period to hear/know about your offer. The town of Jeffry’s Bay sounds fun, however…just sayin’… 🤪👍

@daffodil2010 Wow, tons of grief in your life right now; my condolences! For your friend to have lost a husband sounds like it was WAY too soon, and my heart aches for your dad’s friend to have buried a son at his age; I pray he and your dad both recover well and are out of the hospital soon.

@gardenlily Oh dear. I truly was afraid your silence was bad news. What an awful few weeks you’ve had! So glad to hear the good news of your honey that it’s not cancer, but sympathize that there’s no improvement to be gained. Are you still in pain from your fall, or is that finally gone? Wowza but you’ve had a tough time. And to have maintained your weight? That’s beyond impressive, so well done, you!

@brightonbelle Thanks for agreeing to host February, unless someone else is keen to do so!

@missybear I smiled to think about the time in your life when your dad likely was worried about you but had to “let you get on living your life.” Crazy how our roles reverse, isn’t it?

@northgeorgia Nice weight this morning! You know, given how many calories you burn each day–since you’re male, I know this for a fact–you could still easily beat me. If I recall, whoever hits their goal weight three times in one week wins, right? I’m on my way, and will get there soon…

DH has a funeral today–to attend, not to conduct–of a former employee, back when he owned an auto parts store. I’d love to go with him, but it’s 40 minutes in the wrong direction for my piano lessons today, and the logistics simply don’t make good sense. So I’ll work at church without him, then head to Omaha as usual, thinking the entire way! And, speaking of thinking, I believe I’ll post my “essay” next as I think I’ve edited and tweaked and polished it enough to be content now.

Pocket List – Day 26 🍓
    @malee57 CD
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol WF

USA. Day 26. FD

Pocket List – Day 26 🍓
    @malee57 CD
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol WF
    @ccco

Well, yesterday’s OMAD went well all day! I wasn’t even hungry. Then in the evening, I began to feel nauseous I had to eat something. Today I will do a regular FD and tomorrow I will try OMAD again.

I wish you all a wonderful day! 🙂

Day 26 Second post

If it’s not yet obvious, it will be over the coming weeks: my thinking has accomplished getting me back on track. I’m sticking to my plan and I’m losing weight again. I’m sharing my process in case it helps anyone else, and in case I get derailed again and need to remember what worked for me.

Four times each week, I drive a stretch of 30-40 minutes plus a number of smaller increments. That’s a lot of thinking time, but the trick is to use the time to think the correct thoughts. Over the past eight months, I’ve forgotten what to think about, and have instead been trying to find motivation—my “mojo,” if you will. But the effort to find mojo is focused on negative thoughts—what you’re going to quit doing, and what you’re going to start doing even though you’re not very eager to do so—and when you’re caught up in thinking negative thoughts, sufficient motivation to stay on track is VERY hard, if not impossible, to gather.

The solution is to re-frame those negative thoughts. For too long, I’ve been mentally whining—basically, “I want what I want when I want it.” And I’ve been following through on those wants, and the scale shows it.

So my thinking over the past week has been to consider if I truly do want what I want, and if I truly want it when I say I want it. And I’m slowly remembering that I don’t.

For example: “I want to start drinking wine when I start cooking supper.” I love the process of cooking, and I love what I see when a glass of wine is sitting by me as I work at the cutting board covered with colorful vegetables. So when I head to the kitchen at four o’clock, I want to open that bottle of wine. But if I do, I’ve had at least one glass of wine by the time we eat at six—although probably closer to two—which means that if I am to have wine with dinner, I get more than my share of that first bottle of wine, or we must open a second bottle. I can hold my wine, so that’s not the issue, but my sleep is miserable, as is the headache and stomachache I face in the morning, and the health consequences of too much alcohol can apparently be dire. So do I really want to start drinking wine when I start cooking supper?

I don’t try and convince myself I don’t want to start drinking wine then; instead, I reframe the question: Will the results of opening the wine at four o’clock be worth it? Will the delight in sipping wine in between chopping onions and mincing garlic be enough to compensate for poor sleep and feeling awful the next morning? Without my T/Th thinking, trying to find it in me to say “No” as I’m walking into the kitchen is tough, if not impossible, so I open that wine, and a downward spiral of over-indulgence begins. The smoked almonds are next, then some slices of cheese—cheese is, after all, protein!—then extra butter as I cook, then…you get the picture.

The solution is to use my driving time to consider the moments I’ll be cooking in the coming week, and contemplate the process of cooking as well as what I’ll be cooking and eating. “Do I feel good at 8pm after having lots of salty smoked almonds?” Nope. “Do I feel good at 8pm after nibbling an entire supper’s worth of food before supper is even served?” Nope.

It’s important to think through every angle of the situation long before I get there. As I’m thinking, I ask myself how I feel now? Am I empty? Am I full? How will I feel then? Is the joy of eating the food enough to compensate for how I’ll feel after eating it? There are some social situations where I overeat and shrug off regret. And, in fact, when there’s that much laughter and chatter, I somehow never feel awful at 8pm. So the behavior isn’t inherently bad; it’s that the behavior isn’t always the best choice for a situation.

What other phrases have I worked to re-frame? “I want to eat as much as I want.” With that thought, I’m envisioning just what all I’d be eating…it’s a lot. So as I drive, I think about how I feel at the moment. I’m empty. There’s no discomfort. There’s no misery. There’s no regret. Then I think about how I feel after I’ve over-indulged. The discomfort, misery, and regret are off the charts. “Really?” I ask myself, “that’s what you want?”

All things we mentally whine about can be rephrased.

“Ugh, I have to fast today.” No. “Thank goodness I’m fasting today; I will feel so good after a day of extreme restraint.”

“Gah, I need to exercise.” No. “Yup, it’s not something you look forward to, so instead look forward to how proud you’ll be to have been disciplined enough to do it. You know your body NEEDS exercise, whatever you feel about doing it, so think about how smug you’ll feel when you’ve been exercising long enough that you are once again strong and healthier because of exercising.”

What do you mentally whine about? How are you going to re-frame it?

Day26 USA/HI NFD
    Weigh In 162 lb NEW LOW!!
    I’ll post again tonight on how my day turned out but I just could not wait to let my 5:2 family know I reached a new low … thanks to your daily support.

Hope everyone is having an awesome day or evening. Strength to all of us on life’s bumpy road .
    Many of us are sharing similar challenges in caregiving of LO. Sometimes I feel staying on this 5:2 journey is the only part of my life giving me the opportunity to control the outcome. I am clinging tightly for my sanity. Lol

2nd post

Love your thoughts @stitchincarol, I am going to start reframing my whiney thoughts in the same manner!

And @maui, woo hoo at the new low!!!!

@funshipfreddie, sure hope you hear today re the house

Day 26 UK FD

Yesterday also swerved from FD, still under TDEE but cross with myself that I couldn’t resist snacking. I’ve just ordered the emotional eating book from amazon – Allen Carr helped me stop smoking, so…. Strangely this morning I was down 2lb back to 169lb – despite the lack of FDs. So I’m pulling a determined FD today in an effort to stay equal to or below last Friday’s 168lb.

A very full day which included my reward-to-self haircut at a new-to-me salon. I’ve got curly hair so important to find someone who understands how to cut it – and I’ve done that! He cut most of the length before washing it so there was a heap of curls on the desk, then cut lots more afterwards. Apparently lots of people struggle with hair condition after covid. Now it feels so light and bouncy – I have very happy hair 🙂 It’s boosting my confidence ahead of big conference in 10 days and also helped me get through conversations today about the grievance procedure, which was rather weighing me down too. It feels good to have done something for myself.

@songbirdme congratulations on your 54 wedding anniversary! Hope you’ve had a lovely time away

@maui such good news about insurance extended and your DS both being home. Great that you had acupuncture too 🙂 And YAY for your new low of 162lb – that’s phenomenal!

@malee57 well done in the resistance!

@snowflake56 I think my weight doesn’t go down because i keep comfort eating! I ate more over Christmas which meant I went backwards. Now it feels as tho 12 stone has become an insurmoutable barrier – I bounce around towards it and away again. I will get below it and keep going down!

@jaifaim yay for an uncomplicated FD

@funshipfreddie fingers crossed finding your new home will work out soon

@daffodil2010 such a shame about traffic but glad you got to hug your friend. I’m sorry about your Dad.Like you, @brightonbelle @missybear I’m worrying about elderly parents – my mother is 85yo and has been pretty ill since Christmas but won’t let family visit or do anything. I’m trying to drop suggestions about getting doctor to review her and suggest help but no luck yet…

@gardenlily Really good to hear from you and so glad your DH’s results don’t show cancer – but so sorry to hear about DH’s health and your accident. I hope you feel better and his lifestyle adjustments are fruitful

@brightonbelle thank you for volunteering to host February challenge if no one else does. On the bright side it is the shortest one 🙂

@northgeorgia yay for your 214lb! Accidental FDs are a gift 🙂 Also great that you have a IF colleague

@stitchincarol yay for that 1lb loss! You’ve done a brilliant job this week – I’m watching your learning very closely and postively reframing too. I’m going to come back and read your essay tomorrow so I can take it in properly

@ccco sounds as tho you are making good progress – look forward to hearing more

Day 26 Thought – as we come towards the end of the challenge, what have you learned? What will you take forward?

Pocket List – Day 26 🍓
    @malee57 CD
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol WF
    @ccco
    @michelinme

Day 26
    @stitchincarol – loving your mind retraining – will definitely use this.

@michelinme – just started reading Fast Like a Girl by Dr Mindy Pelz, it gives really good arguments for fasting, i.e. helping the immune and a 36 hour fast every now and again to turn on the fat burning switch. She is also on youtube.

@brightonbelle – thank you for offering to do February, I am loving this group.

Day 26, Germany, FD800

My FD went well yesterday so today I’m going for a FD800.

@daffodil2010 Did you try the cloves? They contain eugenol, a natural form of anaesthetic and antiseptic. You can take the powder and apply it, chew the cloves or mix the powder with a bit of oil and apply it. Sorry, should have written this yesterday

@stitchincarol Good thoughts!

@funshipfreddy Any news on your offer yet?

@gardenlily What a tough time you had.

@daffodil2010, @brightonbelle, @michelinme and @missybear Elderly parents can keep you awake at night, it’s hard to see their health deteriorate.

@maui Well done on the new low!

@michelinme Most of us go up in weight around Christmas, there just too many temptations everywhere. You’re doing so well so your weight will go further down. Is your mother still living on her own?

@brightonbelle Thank you for offering to host February.

Pocket list day 27
    @snowflake56 FD800

Day 27 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

FD done & dusted, phew?! And would you believe it? My phone rang just a few minutes after I posted yesterday. It was the estate agent. She asked me if I would be prepared to increase my offer by R20,000. I told her no. I’m not sure why I said no, because I would’ve gone higher. I think I was just a little irritated that they’d made me wait until the last minute. So she said, “that’s what I thought you’d say. So the sellers have accepted your original offer”. 😳 🎉 🥂 So I’m going to be a home owner again, in around eight weeks. So thanks everyone for all the crossed fingers! 🍀

@gardenlily – good to see you back! So sorry to hear about your accident & your DH’s health issues. I hope the adjustments you need to make go smoothly & that you can gradually get back to normal. Or a new normal anyway. Well done on sticking to the DTF! 🚫 🍷

@brightonbelle – thank you for offering to host February 🤗

@maui – awesome! 🎉 🎯

@stitchincarol – a lot of food for thought there! Pun intended 😜 But I don’t think I do much mental whining. Not regarding food anyway. I do NOT enjoy fast days. But for me I just think it comes down to a simple choice – stick to the fast days and remain slim & healthy, or throw in the towel, eat what I like/when I like & suffer the consequences. I guess I really took to heart that quote, “the pain of discipline or the pain of regret”. But I do understand the struggle many people have. To deny ourselves food when it’s so ubiquitous & tempting. Your musings reminded me of the technique I used when I quit smoking though. It was a thought process the author used called ‘The Outline’. And it occurred to me it could also be used for overcoming food cravings. You work through 5 simple steps, slowly in your mind. Really focus on each step…

I have a desire to smoke
    I’m free to smoke
    Just one puff, & I’ll be smoking again
    For now, I choose the desire to smoke
    I make this choice in order to (e.g. be healthy/clean/live a longer life/be an example to my children

See how easily that could be adapted for food cravings? The author – Gillian Riley – did write a weight loss book too, but I never read it. I think the 4th step is key. You make the choice ‘for now’ because you can only conquer the craving in the present moment. In an hour, 4 hours, tomorrow, that’s irrelevant. And ‘choosing the desire’; when that desire/craving pops up, don’t run away from it. Don’t fear it. Focus on it, embrace it even. The desire/craving is a sign that you’re not smoking/eating. You’re succeeding. Because as soon as you light up/chomp on a cookie, the desire will be gone. But if you let it be, it will subside anyway. I think I read that book three times before I fully got the message, but I haven’t touched a cigarette in 17 years.

Happy Fr-yay y’all! 🍹

“We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.” – ~ Jim Rohn

Day 27 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Friday weigh in and 0.8 of a pound down. So slowly in the right direction 🐢🐢

Loving the musings about the way we think @stitchincarol and @funshipfreddie.
    I employed positive thinking this morning when I got on the scales. After 2 excellent FDs and 2 very good CDs I was looking for a significant drop, but no it was a fraction of a pound. It took an effort but I persuaded myself that any loss is good….even if annoyingly slow.

@stitchincarol home is Worcestershire, central England.

@funshipfreddie congratulations on your new home 🥳 how lucky you said no to upping the offer….more money for Boo Boo treats!

Today is my first NFD of the week…..there will be wine 🍷

Have a super Friday all 🤗

Day 27 UK NFD

Didn’t weigh in this morning as too preoccupied with weird facial swelling, an emergency dental appointment confirmed massive infection/ abscess so I’ve picked up the 2 antibiotics , starting immediately and hope they take effect, going back to see dentist Tuesday to see if I’ll be fit to fly as have trip to Lisbon booked for the 6th – oh and can’t drink with the medication so can’t even drown my sorrows tonight , I’ll try and calm down and catch up on posts later

Day 27 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 217 lbs. Not bad for Friday of this crazy week. @stitchincarol Great mindset! I need to adopt something similar outside of crazy weeks like this one, and Vegas…

Day 27 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD 150.4

Last Friday, I was 151.4, so I’d say I’ve actually lost a pound, Yee-HAW!!!! 🤪 I’m again having fun with 5:2, and looking forward to continued progress.

I’m glad some of you found my thoughts helpful. In so many ways, this journey is so very personalized for each of us, but there are some commonalities, so I figured gathering my thoughts and posting them for everyone might touch on those commonalities. @funshipfreddie It makes sense to me that you don’t whine–neither did I back in the day when I weighed 112, and very seldom back in the days when I weighed 132. But at 152, I’m definitely a mental whiner, LOL! The whining is, I think, prompted by frustration that we don’t know what our exact parameters are for how we can eat to maintain and how we must eat to lose; you have, however, found your sweet spot…a position we all aspire to!

@songbirdme I suddenly realized, as I was driving yesterday, that I made no comment on your 3-inch-total shrinkage, LOL…it’s a bummer, isn’t it? I used to be a solid 5’4″ and am closer to 5’2″ now. 😢 Four years ago, I wore a particular summer dress just fine when I weighed 150; this past summer, it didn’t fit at 145, and I was so puzzled. Then I found out my new height and all became clear…Wearing that dress again is one of my goals!

@maui How exciting that you have lost another pound! WELL done!

@michelinme How wonderful that you not only have a new haircut, but it’s a really GOOD haircut, and it gives you confidence and joy. I know that feeling, and am glad you’re experiencing the joy!

WOW, @funshipfreddie, that you had the presence of mind–the irritation level?? 🤣–to say no to upping your offer, so that you not only got the house, but got it for your original offer. I’m thrilled for you! You’ll get the house in 8 weeks or so; what’s the timeline for the updates you’re planning on?
    And I loved your explanation of “The Outline.” I was sure you had a typo in the fourth step, that it was “I choose the desire NOT to smoke,” and it took a lot of thought to absorb what the point is of that step…and it’s brilliant. You choose the desire over relieving the desire by doing it. Brilliant. Rather like assuring myself that “hunger is God’s gift to humans.” Not always easy to embrace, but so very true.

@missybear You’re right that any progress IS progress, so congratulations! In ten weeks at this pace, you’ll be down 8lbs, and that’s far better than the alternative.

Oh dear, @brightonbelle, when I was 17, I had the exact same thing happen, and my face got so swollen on one side that all I could eat was canned cherries (so, very soft), one at a time–my mouth couldn’t open enough to get anything else in, and chewing anything (rather than smushing with my tongue against the roof of my mouth) was not an option. Painful!! I hope the meds help swiftly and that you’re back to normal soon!

@northgeorgia Yeah, crazy weeks leave no time for the thought process necessary to change a mind-set, so good for you for a decent weigh-in.

At the end of lessons yesterday, as I waited at a traffic light to turn onto the freeway, I could smell grilled meat from a restaurant. It was sublime–more than sublime since I’d had only water all day. My first thought was a disgusted, “Great, the last thing I need is temptation!” and I was quite irritated that I had to experience that. And then I had a sudden realization. “Why is that an irritation? That glorious smell doesn’t have the power to make you stop your WF, so why don’t you just breathe in deeply and appreciate the glorious aroma??” And I did. And I smiled. And I was very thankful that I’m learning to re-frame my thoughts. ❤️💪

Day 27 – UK Cam – FD
    Unexpected FD today – was supposed to meet up for brunch at super cafe with friend but she had to cancel at last minute so went for lovely dog walk with DD who was unexpectedly free this morning – win, win! So far, so good – bowl of veg soup for lunch and 1 crispbread (useless for dunking but great to crunch!) and planning mushroom omlette for supper with salad bowl – got a meeting at the pub after supper so need to be focussed and refuse the beer (Doombar – hmmmm, difficult).

@funshipfreddie – the agent rang and said that???? Unbelieveable! Thank goodness you made the right decision AND got your house. Fantastic news. Love the Outline thing – as you say, adapts so well to eating.

@brightonbelle – hope the antibiotics kick in real quick, tooth ache and abcesses are ghastly – you can’t escape it but, think positive, you probably won’t be able to eat much … Seriously, hope it is soon feeling better.

@stitchincarol – congrats on the loss – I did the scales this morning and it went up, up and up – back to 140lb so delighted to be doing an FD today. Mind you, we did have a fabulous pub lunch after our shopping trip yesterday and I did scoff a huge bowl of crunchy french fries dipping them into my fish & chorizo pie with herb crumb topping – need I say more!

Busy day tomorrow but will try to be mindful of my eating – spending the day with DGD whilst DD and her partner sort out the loft space. It’s either feast or famine in that household, so I am hoping for feast so I can pick & choose, famine means getting a take-out which is never good news.

@michelinme asked about what we have learned from January’s challenge – all I can say is that it has reminded me that small changes to your lifestyle can have very significant effects not just for you, but those around you. Choose your changes carefully!

Pocket List Day 27
    @gardenlily

Day 27 UK CD

Another full day but not so full on – enfin I have very nearly caught up with my 3 month backlog, just three written pieces to go and a sprinkling of zoom meetings next week and I’m there! Then a week at a conference but that’s another story, I’m going to sit with the nearly caught up feeling first 🙂

Yesterday was a solid FD800 at 650 calories which will do me just fine. Today’s weekly weigh in was up 0.5lb on last Friday but a whole 0.5″ off my waist – not bad after a slightly off piste week that included biscuits! I’m looking forward to a more relaxed but mindful weekend ahead of the last push for this challenge on Monday. I need to remind myself that my goal for this month was to get to… where I am now! I just got there a little early and bounced around 🙂

@dramaqueen6 thanks for the book rec – I’ll look out for her

@snowflake56 I went up 4kg at Christmas but have lost that now – phew! Yes my mother is living on her own, tho she has a PA going in for a few hours each day Mon-Fri. She won’t let family visit atm which is difficult. I suspect she’s frightened that something will have to change and she’s resisting it for as long as she can….

@funshipfreddie congratulations on your new home! and thank you for sharing the process of choosing the desire

@missybear congratulations on the 0.5lb drop – it’s all progress 🙂 Hard to remember on days like today but weight loss isn’t linear – there will be more loss hiding just around the corner!

@brightonbelle so sorry about your massive dental infection. I hope the meds kick in and you feel better v soon – and fingers crossed about being better before 6 Feb, that’s reassuringly 10 days away.

@northgeorgia that sounds like progress, despite your crazy week 🙂

@stitchincarol congrats on losing another pound – you are on a roll!

@gardenlily yay for unplanned FDs, a wonderful reset after enjoying a lovely meal out.Thank you for reminder that our small choices have an effect on those around us too. And not just in our households – we all have more influence than we know

Last weekend of the Jump Start January challenge. Here’s to holding on to what we’ve lost (so to speak!) and keeping up momentum right up to the line. And there are still 4 whole days left – plenty of time to make a difference

Day 27 – Ireland – NFD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

Hello everybody! Checking in to say Hi! 👋
    Doctor visits and work and family care this week and staying off my screens so very little input from me but I’m here, on the mend, and with you all and hoping you are well.
    Just one more week and we’ll be into the second month of the year already… sorry I have not been very present @michelinme but I will be here for the roll into the end of the month… thank you!
    Happy Friday to you all!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 28 AUS FD800

@michelinme thanks for your warm and attentive hosting this month. You are one busy lady!

@stitchincarol, I enjoy reading your thought processes too; its really helpful to see how people address obstacles and plateaus.

I’ve just done 6 FD800s in a row, and am currently at 58.3k/127.8lbs – down 5lbs from 2 weeks ago.

It’s super hot here, so days of salads and fruit are easy (or veggie burgers on the bbq), so next week will be another round of FD800s. I’m trying for at least 5 each week. Hoping to see another pound or two dispatched by the end of the month. Four days, eep!

Day 28 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@brightonbelle – I hope you get that nasty infection sorted out soon & that it doesn’t mess up your trip to Lisbon 🤞 🤗

@stitchincarol – the agent said it’ll take about 8 weeks for the deeds/transfer to register. I’m going to give 3 months’ notice on my current place. If I can get the kitchen & a bathroom done before I move in I’ll be delighted. Just depends on if anyone is available to do it at short notice. There are also a couple of window frames that need replacing too. Anything else will just have to be done after I’ve moved in towards the end of April. And it’s just occurred to me that the agent hasn’t yet sent me a copy of the purchase agreement with the sellers’ signatures?! So I’m not signing/paying anything until I’ve got a copy of that.

@gardenlily – yes, the agent really said that?! Sneaky or what?! If I’d said yes, no doubt she would have produced a new offer to purchase form, & I would have assumed they’d rejected my initial offer. But I’m not complaining, because the house was never advertised & I haven’t had to compete with any other potential buyers

@stitchincarol – that Outline really is genius. It’s the opposite of everything we’ve ever been told to do to fight cravings, e.g. brush your teeth/distract yourself/stay busy/go for a walk. Your mention the other day of smoked almonds?! I’d forgotten they even existed?! I’ve never seen them in South Africa. But I used to buy them sometimes from Walgreens or CVS if I was in a US port. Maybe it’s just as well I can’t get them here 😳

@northgeorgia – I forgot when your Vegas trip is? Remember – 14 & 29. Just sayin’ 😉

I’m so impressed with the people doing multiple FD800s! @litprof – 6 in a row & 5 lbs down!? 🏅🎯

Have a good weekend everyone 🌤 🌈

Pocket List – Day 28 🍇
    @litprof FD800

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 404 total)

You must be logged in to reply.