Jump-Start January! The January 2023 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Jump-Start January! The January 2023 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 397 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  michelinme 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 404 total)

• Day 10 UK F800

I know @daffodil2010 where do those lbs come from ? I suppose itโ€™s a delay thing but can be frustrating ๐Ÿ˜–

@ccco I try to limit my weigh ins but some times just canโ€™t resist, but I only record once a week

Wet grey miserable day here so going onto YouTube to walk with Leslie

Hope your DH is ok @maui

Day 10 UK FD

Yesterday’s FD800 was just about there. I was too tired to cook eat so ended up with late supper of dahl,mushrooms and quorn chicken followed by cashews. This morning I was lb down on weekend gain to 172lb, *just* 3lbs above 1 December weight.

Today is another OMAD FD800 with spinach and baked eggs, braised red cabbage with apple and carrot salad and grilled halloumi – a Christmas leftover that needs eating up. I stumbled across the FD800 book yesterday so browsed for a few menu ideas and feeling a little more inspired. Also my veg box is due overnight so looking forward to a refresh after weeks of eating Christmas leftovers!

It’s been a mix of rest, practical things and project work today. Lovely friend came over this afternoon to help with heavier chores which was a boon; i’ve also booked some cleaning help on Thursday which will hopefully get me back on track. I’m too easily tired and breathless atm so upping the protein intake, taking vitamin/mineral supplements and aiming for earlier nights. My GP phoned unexpectedly yesterday to discuss neuro condition so I’ve booked in for a check up next week.

@stitchincarol love the sound of your January decorations – what a brilliant idea!hope you are feeling better too. Yummy sounding butternut squash i must try it

@maui thinking of you and your DH x

@malee57 well done getting thru your FD by skin of your teeth – it still counts!

@matpi great to be post-Christmas temptations at last

@daffodil2010 Fingers crossed the new batteries will keep your scales at the lower number x I’ve had similar with scales being on a slope on the floor and it was a real downer. Hopefully it will have been salt as @stitchincarol says and right itself in a few days

@funshipfreddie yes, gazing into the fridge on FD is horrible. Wishing strength to your arm as you aim for 180 days! Thanks for sharing the MM articles – helps with motivation ๐Ÿ™‚

@missybear sounds like a well balanced menu! me too with only planning when motivation is high – more often i plan food by writing it out here ๐Ÿ˜€

@dramaqueen6 congrats on losing 2lbs this week – that’s brilliant!

@northgeorgia snacking and exciting games are hard to separate. Could you snack on something else?

@ccco good to find a weighing pattern that works for us. I weigh every day for info/motivation but only record it once a week on the day after my last FD

@brightonbelle it’s been MISERABLE in SE UK today hasn’t it? Well done going for a walk with Lesley!

@gardenlily @at hope you are okay – we miss you

Pocket List Day 10
    @missybear FD800
    @ccco
    @stitchincarol WFD
    @brightonbelle FD800
    @michelinme FD800

Day 10 Thought – apart from fasting, what have you learned from 5:2?

Day10 USA/HI NFD
    Quick sign in to stay accountable. Weigh -in holding at 165. I am allowing more carbs but still keeping the calories at 1200. Example I have some extra time before I can see DH so I stopped at Starbucks and got an egg white /feta cheese wrap which I really enjoyed โ€ฆ.290 calories not bad but carbs were high and Iโ€™m allowing it during this week with driving back and forth to hospital etc.
    I appreciate the many thoughtful posts about DH. He is finally out of ER and in a room! So far nothing detected as to stoke or anything else. Heโ€™s in X-ray right now doing a shallow test to check on aspiration of liquids. Iโ€™m heading there now and hope to get an update on the plan for PT and see if they are sending him to rehab or home. He still is unable to stand or walk so that will make caring at home very difficult without professional help. And itโ€™s almost impossible to find available professional caregivers right now. So we shall see what the next step will beโ€ฆ most likely rehab.
    Best wishes to all and thank you for your support!๐ŸŒด๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŒบ

Day 10 Ohio, US — NFD

A super busy day. In addition to playing catch-up from yesterday, the course I’m taking this semester had its first meeting today. It looks as though it will be fun, since it appears to focus on the whole breadth of the francophone world.

@maui Good news about your DH! I hope they get a diagnosis quickly! And you’re wise to get good carbs at this time. They help to produce serotonin which helps the brain cope with stress.

@michelinme Your FD diet menu is stupendous! Mine is very mundane, which is good for me, since it can go no matter how tired I am.

@brightonbelle For my rainy day stay-in stepping workouts I like to put a cozy mystery on the TV and then just step (or is it slip?) away.

@songbirdme Thanks for the words of encouragement! You cast light even in sleet and snow!

@ccco Once-a-week weigh-ins have become a habit for me. I almost always do them after the second FD of the week — although it might be better to do them two days after, since there always seems to be a lag effect.

@funshipfreddie Great article! Thanks for sharing it!

Day 11 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Post Covid a month now and still suffering from occasional breathlessness (my morning walk today I had to stop to catch breath twice!), and deep chills from inside my body that come on out of the blue so that I have to layer up and have a hot water bottle (this when everyone around me is sitting in shirts and the heating AND fire is on).

Most strange. I might book an appointment with my GP soon to get bloods done to rule out anything else, but GAH, this middle aged stuff along with weight gain is a pain!!!!!

Not fasting today but continuing the high protein low carb trend, had a boiled egg for breakfast, small mackerel salad with Oatbran bread for lunch, and will pull together some kind of chicken and veg stir fry for dinner. There will either be a Leslie walk before dinner or a post dinner walk in the dark. ๐Ÿ‘

@funshipfreddie, I read the article and might seek out the new book, keto 5:2 could be interesting.

DH and I once again pledge to get on track together, more protein, much less carbs except for good ones, and I am going to start planning weekly meals and writing stuff down like before.

As we say here, together we are stronger ๐Ÿ˜€

Day 11 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

@stitchincarol – “I wonder if that need for protein changes with age, or is different for different bodies?” Not sure about that? Maybe a combo of the two? ๐Ÿค” They say we need less overall calories as we age; & then when it comes to carbs, there’s the good & not-so-good variety. It’s a minefield ๐Ÿ˜…

@daffodil2010 – those symptoms sound very unpleasant; but apparently it takes most people up to 12 weeks to recover fully from Covid. And now there’s a new variant on the scene – Kraken? ๐Ÿ˜ณ Scientists here are saying it’s nothing to be overly concerned about yet. But they say it’s the most transmissible variant so far, & are advising people to get their boosters if they haven’t already had them.

@michelinme – what have I learned from 5:2 apart from fasting? That I can have my cake & eat it too, sort of. Or at least, I can be at my desired weight without having to endure endless weeks/months of depriving myself.

I thought this would appeal to anyone still doing the daily ‘Wordle’. I got it in 3 today; just sayin’ ๐Ÿ˜œ https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11620241/Wordle-editor-reveals-words-people-complained-most.html

Happy Hump Day! ๐Ÿซ ๐Ÿช

Pocket List – Day 11 ๐Ÿ’
    @funshipfreddie

Day 11 Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ FD800

Bit of a morning headache which could be down to carb or caffeine reduction. I realised I was drinking far too many mugs of coffee every morning so I have halved my intake. Positive side effect of carb reduction is that I have much more energy this week. I noticed yesterday when I went for a walk there was a spring in my step I havenโ€™t felt in months.

Brunch today will be broccoli and cauliflower topped with cottage cheese and mixed seeds. Baked chicken with lots of Brussels sprouts and a few sliced carrots for dinner. I am eating more veg than most people doing keto but experience has taught me that my digestive system will shut down if I donโ€™t have enough fibre.

@stitchincarol the only time I am tempted to pre dinner nibble is when I pour a glass of wine to drink as I cookโ€ฆโ€ฆthen before I know it I have demolished a bowl of nuts๐Ÿ™Š

@matpi itโ€™s forecast to be a day of non stop rain today so I may well follow your example of stepping as I watch the TV

@daffodil2010 your low carb plan is what I started doing this week, letโ€™s hope it will give us a boost back to maintenanceโ€ฆโ€ฆIโ€™ve a lot of regained pounds to lose so Iโ€™m hoping for a good January. Early indications are good ๐Ÿคž

Stay strong everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

DORSET – FD

Morning All,

just checking in to keep myself on track.

@michelinme- a good idea to get help in, you can’t do it all and you definitely need to look after yourself!

@daffodil2010 – I have not had covid, but that has been happening to me, not being able to get warm and almost like neuralgia pains! Hopefully, they will be able to help you soon.

Lunch will be leek and potato soup made last night and then Fresh Tuna with vegetables for dinner. FD was supposed to be tomorrow but I am out all day so I am not sure how the eating plan will go!

Beautiful sunny morning here.

Have a lovely day everyone

2nd Post – Day 11

Pocket List โ€“ Day 11 ๐Ÿ’
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear FD800
    @dramaqueen6

Day 11 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 220 lbs. Well, yesterday was almost a FD, but I decided to eat my soup at home, but it turned into a bit of a downward spiral albeit it a TRE period of 3.5 hrs. Just a bit bloated from the last couple of days, I think. ZBC this morning for me and a FD tomorrow. A blip in the radar, but I’ll work onto getting it back under 215.

Day 11 – Ireland – FD ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธโœ…

Hi all! So sorry for my sporadic postingโ€ฆ life has taken over here and Iโ€™ve been feeling a little under the weatherโ€ฆ
    Fasting today to see if that helps with headache etc.. lots of waterโ€ฆ and Iโ€™ll try to catch up on the news later – I feel like Iโ€™m saying this a lot.. must make time for catch-ups and chatsโ€ฆ

Be well everyone!

@funshipfreddie
    @missybear FD800
    @dramaqueen6
    @jaifaim

Day 11 UK FD800

Yesterday’s FD800 was rounded off with a small handful of cashews – and yes, it makes all the difference to sleep so that’s a habit i’ll definitely be keeping. After my stupendous low carb menu (thanks @matpi) this morning I was down another 1lb and beginning to feel less puffy. This FD800 jump start is working, which keeps my motivation up – a virtuous cycle! Now just 2lb more of post-Christmas poundage to go ๐Ÿ™‚

Today is my first day of full on meetings in a long time. Despite feeling as tho another virus is dawning (a cold picked up on Sunday perhaps?) I crawled out of bed and to zoom by 9am, wearing actual clothes and with a tidy house – thanks Past Me for late evening washing up/tidying and laying out of clothes. Have now done first two meetings and two more to go.

Also excited bc my veg box has arrived, chock full of big green chillis, seville oranges – an ambitious thought about making marmalade which will have to bump to next week – parsnips, beetroot, swede, avocados, sweet potato, spring onions, potatoes, carrots and white cabbage. I get an Oddbox – the wonky, too big/small veg that’s wrong or surplus to supermarkets’ requirements, so I’m looking forward to teeny avos, ginormous sweet potato, mini beetroot etc. It all serves to keep me interested. I’ll top up with a cauliflower or two and plenty of green veg – spinach, broccoli, kale – YUM!

I have another meeting looming so will be back later to reply to posts. But jumping onto today’s pocket list for extra resolve – we’re always stronger together!

Shout out to any who are lurking, struggling to get started or wondering whether to jump in. It’s always great to hear from you x

@funshipfreddie
    @missybear FD800
    @dramaqueen6
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle FD800
    @michelinme FD800

Day 11 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD 151.6

Notice that weight?? It’s about 2lbs down from yesterday. Woo-HOO!! Gotta love successful WFDs, LOL! Today is busy, and time for a pleasant supper will be a challenge, plus I’ve been trying to make oyster stew using canned oysters (a friend tells me it’s wonderful despite being canned, not fresh), so today’s lunch will be oyster stew, steamed asparagus, one slice of hearty bread, and a small glass of white wine; supper will be some frozen fish, the rest of the asparagus, and then off to choir. That will all be lovely and the bulk of indulgences will be early in the day, making tomorrow’s WF easier than if the meals were reversed.

Question of the day, what have I learned from 5:2? Several years ago, I was quite hungry one day, and feeling quite put upon because of it–and suddenly remembered my 6yo self ask Mom for something to eat because I was so desperately hungry. And my mom’s response was, “No, you need to be hungry for supper, and that’s only 45 minutes away; you’ll be fine.” That memory was like a bolt of lightning. From then on, whenever I got hungry, I’d think, “Good! Hunger is God’s gift to us, so embrace it and enjoy the upcoming meal even more!” In the several years since I had those thoughts, I’d forgotten my conclusion, so I’ve recently been working on celebrating hunger instead of feeling sorry for myself about it or–worse–DOING something about it, LOL! (Because, of course, DOING something about it always seems to entail some sort of unplanned snacking that’s detrimental to my waistline.)

@maui It has to be frustrating not to know what’s the issue with your DH; I do pray it’s discovered soon!

@daffodil2010 What does a “small mackerel salad” look like? You open the tin and then…??

@funshipfreddie The question of protein/carbs/total calories needed is indeed a minefield!

@missybear Oh, I envy you that it’s not an automatic thing to want to pour a glass of wine to sip as you cook! The process of cooking is so joyful to me, and sipping wine as I do so makes it feel so complete…and those nuts always show up for me as well, LOL! That right there is proof that half the challenge of losing weight is controlling our minds and thoughts! And what a treat to feel a spring in your step again!

@jaifaim So sorry you’re not feeling well; I hope the FD helps with that!

@michelinme I am always astonished at how many vegs you get in your box, and then manage to cook and eat, LOL! DH always thinks I bring home WAY too many vegs–he was raised by a Midwest mom for whom veggies at supper were optional, and when served, were canned…ugh–but I love the excitement of a fridge full of lovely things to cook!

I’m knitting a fair isle sweater for DH and it’s very slow going with such tiny needles, and I’m only on row 7 of the ribbing at the bottom, but it sure is satisfying to see the color pattern slowly grow. And I certainly can’t be nibbling food that makes my fingers salty or sticky or crumbly or whatever, so it’s very diet-friendly, LOL! If I do one row a day (the rows now are 300 stitches, but will eventually be even more, so it takes a l.o.n.g. time to knit one row), I figure I’ll finish in 300 days. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคช I promise not to give daily updates. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Have a grand one, everyone, and be strong: throw out the concept of โ€œhopeโ€ and embrace the choice youโ€™ve made. Or, as Yoda says, โ€œDo or do not. There is no try.โ€

โ€œYou are far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way.โ€

Day 11. USA. FD

Just jumping in there for the pocket list. The day seems to have gotten away from me: LOL

@funshipfreddie
    @missybear FD800
    @dramaqueen6
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle FD800
    @michelinme FD800
    @ccco

I hope everyone is having a great day! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

Day 11 UK F800

The end is in sight for my 14 day F800 experiment, Iโ€™d like to carry on but it is pretty restrictive so I think Iโ€™ll continue to follow midweek but relax a little at the weekend , but weโ€™ll see what are your plans @missybear @michelinme ?

A late Happy ๐Ÿซ day – I must get back into the habit of posting in the morning , but I was probably still fuming at taking 4 goes on wordle due to be a bit lackadaisical, I too still play every day @funshipfreddie

@funshipfreddie
    @missybear FD800
    @dramaqueen6
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle FD800
    @michelinme FD800
    @ccco

Day 12 AUS FD

Great to see everyoneโ€™s updates and January motivation here.

Iโ€™m late to kickstart the new year and oh my, a FD is definitely in order!

Too scared to jump on the scales, but must be 10lbs over goal weight right now, eep.

Day 11 second post

@maui thinking of you and your DH

@dramaqueen6 how was your soup and changed up FD?

@matpi What’s your usual FD food? I’m usually pretty mundane on FD food but mixing it up to keep myself highly motivated ATM. Tonight was a huge stir fry with all the veg that needed eating up plus smoked tofu followed by cashew nuts. I’m very full indeed, no sugar craving and comfortably under 800 calories ๐Ÿ™‚

@daffodil2010 i had breathlessness and body chills for months after covid, still can’t get warm now and intermittent breathlessness. I’ve been told it’s all part of long covid. But it’s always worth getting new symptoms checked out by a doctor just in case it’s something else. I’ve also been trying keto 5:2 this week and really enjoying it ๐Ÿ™‚

@funshipfreddie having your cake and eating it – flexibility is brilliant. Thank you for being a model maintainer ๐Ÿ™‚

@missybear great that you have more energy on low carb ๐Ÿ™‚

@northgeorgia here’s strength to your elbow – you’ve got this!

@jaifaim always lovely to hear from you. Hope you feel better v soon

@stitchincarol go you, with your 2lb loss after WFD! You are doing so well! I get a medium (3-4 person) box fortnightly, so it’s only 50% more than average. My mother was shocked to find 80% of the fridge taken up with veg ๐Ÿ˜€ I love the sound of your fairisle knitting. My mother has been designing and knitting fairisle for years but had to stop now: I wish I’d got into knitting sooner so could have learned more from her.

@ccco hope you’ve had a good FD

@litprof fab to see you – and well done with the Jump Start FD! We’ve mostly come here after going a fair way backwards so you’re not alone. You can do this!

Day 11 Thought – what are you most looking forward to as a result of losing weight?

Day 11 Ohio, US — NFD

All in all, a pretty good day. I was a little tired this afternoon, but that’s because I have to get up earlier than I have been getting up in order to be ready for class at 9 am. My body clock still hasn’t completely adjusted.

@michelinme With all the great cooks here, I’m hesitant to share my FD routine, but here goes. I usually have five small meals of about 160 calories each. They all follow the same formula: On a Wasa (Swedish) multigrain crispbread (35 calories), I put a thin layer of the nut butter of the day (40 calories). Then comes a layer of the current vegetable (25 calories) and with a sprinkling of chopped greens or steamed cabbage. For beverage, I have 6 oz of skim milk or unsweetened soy milk (60 calories.) I find the routine really helps me through the day, since no decisions have to be made. The process just flows.

@brightonbelle It seems that perhaps most people post early in the day. We, late posters, are definitely in the minority. The reason I post late in my day is that knowing that I’ll have to report on how I’ve done during the day strengthens my sense of accountability.

Day 12 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Fasting until lunchtime and then another small mackerel salad and a good protein dinner.
    @stitchincarol, my small mackerel salad involves opening the tin, draining all the oil through kitchen paper, putting half of the tin in one container fir later, then the tiger half in a bowl mixed with a small chilli pepper, a couple of baby tomatoes chopped, a chopped raw mushroom, maybe a couple of olives, cucumber, and chopped gem lettuce, sprinkled liberally with mixed herbs and black pepper.

Going to do more research on that Keto 800 when I get time at the weekend. Good to see its working for some of you ๐Ÿ˜„

Got to go to work, DH car is getting fixed so he is using mine and I need to be dropped to work now !

Happy fasting today pocket listers

Day 12 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

FD went like clockwork, in fact I didn’t eat until almost 8 pm. Weight still spot on at 71 kgs.

@litprof – welcome back!

@michelinme – “what are you most looking forward to as a result of losing weight?” Well, I reached my goal weight some time ago. I think I was just looking forward to proving to myself I could do it. Not that I was really in any doubt that I would. And I didn’t really feel any different once I got there. I was on cloud 9 for five minutes ๐Ÿ˜… Staying on track/maintaining is just as challenging as reaching the goal, especially at first. There’s so much temptation everywhere; the challenge never really ends.

Stay RESOLVED pocket-listers ๐ŸŽฏ

Pocket List – Day 12 ๐Ÿ
    @litprof
    @daffodil2010

Day 12 – UK Cam – NFD
    All been a bit chaotic here for past 5 days or so – DH very ill, some domestic problems also so not been in to post. As far as 5:2 is concerned, all going well – no time/no appetite so will weigh in Friday and check but suspect a bit of a drop. Will catch up with you all and your news soon. Keep strong, and resist temptation!

Day 12 UK F800

Sorry to hear your news @gardenlily hope things improve

@daffodil I got the F800 kindle book when it was going cheap on Amazon

Pocket List โ€“ Day 12 ๐Ÿ
    @litprof
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle

Day 12 Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ FD800

My B2B FD800 experiment has been a good experience this week. I am enjoying the meals and I havenโ€™t been hungry so far.

@brightonbelle I donโ€™t plan to continue keto FD800 days over the weekend. I would like to enjoy a glass or 2 of wine as a treat then get back to a FD on Monday. Well done on completing 14 days!

@michinlinme what Iโ€™m looking forward to most from losing weight is an easing of arthritis pain in my back and knee. I doubt it is a coincidence that the pain has got worse since I regained weight causing extra pressure on the joints.

@gardenlily hope things are soon less chaotic for you and your DH gets better soon

@litprof
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear

Day 12 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 220 lbs (same as yesterday). Good, no higher. Let’s get this down again and start performing like last week instead of December ๐Ÿ™‚

@litprof
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia

Day 12 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD 154.6

Yup, I’m up 3lbs from yesterday, and I did not behave as well as I planned to. My rings are uncomfortably snug on my fingers, however, so I’m sure it’s largely water weight.

@michelinme How lovely that your mom designs and knits fair isles! But why has she had to quit?

@matpi What a simple and lovely FD menu/routine you have!

@daffodil2010 That mackerel salad sounds lovely; I’m going to try it! Thanks for explaining it all.

@gardenlily So sorry for your DH!! I hope all is resolved and improved very soon!

@litprof
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol WF

I’m running late this morning, so that’s all the chatter I have. Have a grand one, everyone, and be strong: throw out the concept of โ€œhopeโ€ and embrace the choice youโ€™re making. As Yoda says, โ€œDo or do not. There is no try.โ€

โ€œYou are far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way.โ€

Day 12 UK FD800

Yesterday’s keto FD800 was surprisingly successful with huge smoked tofu/veg stir fry and 20g cashews. This morning I am an epic 2lb down to 169lb, just 1lb above my pre-Christmas low, which has me super movtivated for today’s FD800 and possibly even a 5th one tomorrow! My knickers are fitting far more comfortably than they did 7lbs/12 days ago!

Yesterday I also remembered to drink more on busy day because I’d set myself up at desk with lots of drinks to encourage me to drink my way through zoom meetings. Note to self to keep doing this – load desk with drinks so they are right in front of me.

I’ve just had very late lunch of 100g grilled halloumi with 200g braised red cabbage & apple, both tastes I love. That’s just under 500 calories so not sure what supper will be. Meanwhile I have a pile of project work to plough through in the next three hours so not letting brain get distracted by thoughts of cooking…

@matpi i love the sound of your FD food! What a good idea to have small meals and not have to think about it

@daffodil2010 i’m really surprised by how well keto FD800 is working, it feels far more sustainable and effective than when i tried kick starting with FD800 in early 2020. Worth a try!

@funshipfreddie ‘i was on cloud 9 for about 5 mins… the challenge never ends’. That’s so true – as evidenced by the number of us back here who jumped off the waggon when we arrived at goal weight!

@gardenlily so sorry your DH is very ill, that sounds really tough. Take care of yourself too x

@missybear I’m also looking forward to less pain and more energy with losing weight. I remember how I felt in 2018/19 – albeit that was before long covid! But I feel better now than I did 21lb ago in May so hopefully I will feel better in another 21lb

@missybear @brightonbelle Last week I did FD800 M-Th then NFD over weekend. I lost 4lbs by Friday morning and put 2lb back on by Monday. This week I’ve had 3b2b keto FD800 and thus far 1lb down on last week, with one FD800 to go. I think M-Th FD800 will be sustainable and effective for me for Jump Start January

@stitchincarol pain is what stops my mother knitting so much – osteoarthritis affecting her hands, wrists, shoulders, neck. I also have early onset OA in most joints of my body plus peripheral neuropathy which have slowed down my knitting, and now only knit with min 6mm needles. I wish I’d started earlier so I could have learned more ๐Ÿ™

Back to the project work….

@litprof
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear FD800
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol WF
    @brightonbelle FD800
    @michelinme FD800

Day 12 Thought – How do you keep hydrated, especially on FDs?

Day 12 USA/HI NFD
    Weigh-in still holding at 165 lb โ€ฆโ€ฆsurprised me as I ate French fries yesterday! Took a break from hospital for lunch and I didnโ€™t realize fries came with the chicken/veggie wrap at lunchโ€ฆ so I thought โ€œthis is meant to beโ€ and I totally enjoyed every bite. LOL

Today DH is being relocated to Rehab so he can continue with PT and get back on his feet. Hopefully I can care for him at home again.
    Must runโ€ฆ I will have lots of time to catch up after DH is settled in at Rehab.
    Best wishes to all. . .each in our variety of life stages and circumstances.

Day 13 Melbourne, Australia NFD

I had a busy day yesterday which helped me stick to a FD. Today I am going to my sister’s place to help her with packing. She is moving house in the next couple of months so needs help.

Day 12 Ohio, US — FD800

The fasting has gone well as usual. For some reason I’ve been feeling quite tired today, perhaps because of all the rain we’ve been getting throughout the day. In fact, an intense thunderstorm woke me up this morning before the alarm went off.

@malee57 Hope the moving prep went well!

@maui Good news that your DH is well enough to be relocated to Rehab. With any luck he’ll go through PT with flying colors and be home in good shape!

@michelinme How do I keep hydrated on FD’s? Here’s my fluid intake for these days: I have 6 oz skim milk or soy milk at each of my “mini-meals”. When I’m out shopping I treat myself to one diet soda (i.e., Mountain Dew). For the rest of the day I aggressively sip hot water throughout the day. That’s my version of very thin bouillon!

@litprof
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear FD800
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol WF
    @brightonbelle FD800
    @michelinme FD800
    @matpi FD800

Day 13 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@gardenlily – so sorry to hear your DH is sick. Wishing him a speedy recovery & hoping you get your domestic problems resolved soon ๐Ÿค—

@michelinme – 7 lbs down in 12 days?! ๐ŸŽŠ ๐Ÿ…๐ŸŽฏ

@brightonbelle – 4 goes for Wordle isn’t bad?! I’m just happy to solve it, although I do feel a bit let down if I take more than 4 or 5 attempts. And then having to hold my breath if it goes to attempt # 6?! ๐Ÿ˜ณ

@michelinme – I drink coffee & tea to stay hydrated. Well, not to stay hydrated, but because I like it. But it does contain water. Not the best way to stay hydrated, I know; but I’m working on drinking more water.

Happy Fri-yay! โ˜•๏ธ

Dorset – NFD

Morning All,

@stitchincarol – thank you for the motivation of being hungry is good!

@maui – good news on your husbands PT and good news on your weight.

@michelinme – Soup was good and filling! Excellent news on your weightloss!

@gardenlily- I am so sorry to hear about your poorly husband. Hope you are ok?

@funshipfreddie – so impressed with your maintaining.

Has anyone any ideas about how to deal with emotional eating? All was going well on FD until there was a lot of drama in my household and then I was cross and angry and before I knew it a slice of bread was buttered and 2 glasses of wine were drunk!

My FD ended up being yesterday as I didn’t go out for a lunch but ate at my daughter’s house with my beautiful granddaughter. And then felt ill in the evening so was unable to eat anything (not my daughters cooking ๐Ÿ™‚ )

Not raining today woohoo!

Have a lovely day everyone

Day 13 Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ NFD

The scales dropped one pound this week. I am disappointed it isnโ€™t more as I have been so disciplined and it is only week 2 of my restart, I really expected a bigger loss. Why is it I can easily put on 5 pounds in one day but it has taken 12 days of dedicated calorie restriction to lose that amount? My motivation has taken a bit of a knock this morning but I will stubbornly continue, I already have a plan for next week. Iโ€™m going to do 500 calorie FDs on Monday and Thursday and NFDs will be within TDEE. I will continue to follow a low carb Mediterranean diet.

Reality checkโ€ฆโ€ฆ5 pounds loss in 12 days is pretty good especially as I am an original member of the tortoise club ๐Ÿข I will just have to be more patient!

Happy Friday ๐Ÿท

Day 13 UK ??

Ha ha – youโ€™ve just nicked my post @missybear I echo your frustration Skipped to the scales this morning with big expectations- and nothing ! Now Iโ€™ve had time to cool off Iโ€™m fine but it just goes to show how different we all are

Iโ€™m taking a bit of a break over the weekend – but not going mad and then plan to do F800 Mon – Fri next week and surely the scales will be kinder to me next week !

Have a good one all

Day 13 second post

@brightonbelle maybe it just takes a few days for the loss to show on the scales ๐Ÿคž

Day 13 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 216 lbs. A little gain back this week, I think, so I’ll need to be mindful on NFDs. Before I eat, I must ask Why? How much? How often? What? When?

Storms were scary yesterday. In the northeast of the state, we avoided a lot of the damage. A few tornadoes down near the border of Alabama and south of Atlanta. Selma, Ala., was also hit hard.

Next FD will be Sunday. Yay for the three day weekend after today!

Day 13 UK CD

Yesterday’s FD800 segued to a CD with the addition of the last piece of (keto) Christmas cake. It was an intentional eat so I’m fine with it. My weekly weigh day has confirmed me at 169lb which is 2lb down on last Friday and 7lb down for the month! NB It was EOEO weight as I’d put it all on over Christmas ๐Ÿ™‚

When I returned in May I was at 189lb, my highest ever, with a goal range of 140-147lb. After various ups and downs I am now back to where I was in March 2021. Next goal is to get below 12 stone which I’ve been longing for but motivation has been variable to say the least ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m motivated now and ready for a relaxed lowish-carb weekend before M-Th FD800 again next week.

@maui thinking of you and DH as he adjusts to rehab

@malee57 busy days are so helpful for FDs ๐Ÿ™‚

@matpi i love that your hydration intake is so carefully planned on FDs

@funshipfreddie it was 7lb EOEO Christmas weight but yay indeed! I am very pleased with myself ๐Ÿ™‚ My weekly weigh day is good time to bask in achievement before focussing on the journey ahead

@dramaqueen6 I also struggle with emotional eating – that’s at the root of at least some of my gain over the past 4 years. For me there’s something that resets once I’m on the waggon, a pause between the instinct to ‘eat my feelings’ and the action. If I can I’ll distract myself with water, marmite tea, squeezing a stressball, a scented bath. Sometimes I’ll text a friend or come to the forum and type it out. If it doesn’t die down I’ll remind myself I can have it tomorrow

@missybear 5lb loss in 12 days is epic! The smaller losses can be hard after the galloping success of the first week but it’s still success. I like the sound of your plan for next week – it seems more sustainable and flexible – so will think about doing the same after this challenge

@brightonbelle commiserations on the steady scale – tho as @missybear says it can take a couple of days to show up. But 5:2 always works for something even if it’s not what we are measuring. I’m with you on the relaxed weekend ๐Ÿ™‚

@northgeorgia the weather in US seems to have been particularly dramatic this year!

Day 13 Thought – NFDs can be the hardest – what are your top tips for avoiding weekend blow out?

USA Day 13. FD

I was supposed to weigh myself today but decided to do it tomorrow! I stress ate yesterday, so now I have to make up for it. I guess we all suffer with that from time to time! :(. Anyway, I am back on the wagon!

Missbear, I wouldn’t fret at losing 1 lb. It is the recommended weekly weight loss, so I consider that a win!

Dramaqueen, emotional eating or stress eating is a hard one! If I could remember it, my yoga exercise of standing a taking deep breaths is calming. Raise your arms slowly over your head while taking a deep breath and then slowing lower them again while exhaling. You can do that multiple times. It does work. When I was younger, going out for a run kept me under control. I long for those days.

I wish you all a very successful day!

Day 13 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD 151.6

I was a little sad yesterday’s WF didn’t drop me lower than Tuesday’s WF took me, but it’s still far better than the 158 I weighed one morning during the Christmas holidays, so I’m choosing to be cheerful about it.

I slept later than I intended to; I wanted to be out the door at 7am this morning to drive to town and be first in line to get my car’s oil changed. Instead I woke up at 7:22. I was still on my way within ten minutes, barely awake, LOL! And now it’s 10:35 and I’m home again and even got in the little bit of grocery shopping I needed so all is good, and it wasn’t a long wait at all.

I continually find Friday mornings TOUGH–I’m hungry and no amount of reassurance can convince me “hunger is God’s gift to me.” ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Already-cooked corned beef was on sale at the grocery store, so I came home with a half pound of thin slices, thinking it would make nice sandwiches; instead, four of those slices have served as my break-fast. I’m hoping another ten or fifteen minutes will persuade me I’m no longer hungry, and at least it was protein, and no carbs in that choice, because I know that carbs would come back to bite me in a couple of hours.

DH and I made a deal that we’d go out to dinner every Friday night (a date night, if you will) but there would absolutely no snacking or drinking before we left the house, contrary to a usual practice where we’d have a beer and peanuts as an “appetizer” before we even left! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคช My thought in suggesting this to him was that the treat of going out would give me strength to behave all day Friday. So far it hasn’t been effective, and I don’t know what the solution is. I suspect it’s that 2 out 3 days in a row being a WF just leaves me too empty to be as comfortable as simple will power can control. So today’s solution is that I’m headed to church to work with choir music (finding pieces to rehearse, put away stuff we’ve just done) and be away from temptation.

And now my phone is ringing. Strange day, talk to you all later!!!

Day 14 Melbourne, Australia FD

Yesterday’s NFD was a bit of a blowout. So today will be a FD. I have no tips on how to handle NFDs. The BBL (bingeing brain lizard) is on the rampage, and it makes NFD very difficult. It is not quite the same as a hunger dragon as I don’t need to be hunger for it to try to take charge and get me eat everything in the house. That is where having a limited amount of unhealthy food in the cupboards helps as it is not strong enough to make me go and buy food. This forum is great as it really helps with the motivation to keep on fighting it.

Day 14 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@dramaqueen6 – have you read any of Allen Carr’s books? His ‘Easy Way to Control Alcohol’ really helped me to stop drinking. Check out his ‘Easy Way to Quit Emotional Eating’. I don’t know how his method works, but it does. I’m guessing it’s some kind of cognitive behaviour therapy, i.e. changing how we think & behave. His books can be drawn out/long-winded, but just read every word as it’s written (don’t skip chapters/pages) & take the advice to heart.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Emotional-Eating-ebook/dp/B07ZWB5937/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=allen+carr&qid=1673598660&s=digital-text&sr=1-8

@michelinme – top tips for avoiding weekend blow-outs? I don’t really have any more difficulty at weekends than any other NFD. I still think planning is the best strategy. Also portion size – try using a smaller plate. Use the MFP app to log calories if you’re not at your goal weight. Eat slowly. And don’t be overly-restrictive. If I’ve accomplished my FDs, then I can have a sensible treat or two,That’s one of the best parts of 5:2.

@northgeorgia – I’ll be joining you on the list tomorrow ๐Ÿ’ช

Have a good weekend everyone ๐ŸŒค๐ŸŒˆ

Pocket List – Day 14 ๐Ÿฅ‘
    @malee57

Day 14 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Curled up with a hot water bottle and reading the Keto Fast 800 and looking forward to starting it proper on Monday with DH. I have been eating more protein in the past few days and feeling the better of it, stomach not as bloated.

@ funshipfreddie, Good memories of Alan Carr, it was his course and then book that stopped me smoking 16th February 2022 ( my last ever cigarette was smoked at 2.22pm ๐Ÿ˜€) and I will never go back. I also used his book for weight loss and it worked but it’s essentially to go vegetarian, and I couldn’t sustain that once I met my carnivore DH.

But I do recommend whatever his method is as it does work.

Making a beef chilli with konjac noodles for dinner tonight, there will be wine (I am currently loving Graham Norton’s Shiraz…he really is a national treasure ๐Ÿ˜€) and back on the Dry till Fri wagon tomorrow in preparation for the keto 800 on Monday!!!

Happy weekend everyone. Xxx

Day 14 UK NFD

Iโ€™ll join you Monday @daffodil2010 planning Mon – Fri F800 next week and so far on track for a not too wild weekend off out for a walk now but it certainly sounds wild outside so it may be a short one

Love Graham Norton and really enjoyed his books too is there nothing he canโ€™t turn his hand to ?

Have a good one all Catch up fully tomorrow ๐Ÿ‘‹

Day 14 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 217 lbs. Tomorrow will be a FD and happy to have @funshipfreddie onboard with me! Made homemade chicken stock in the crockpot last night, so now to strain and cool it.

USA. Day 14. FD

Just jumping in for accountability!

Pocket List โ€“ Day 14 ๐Ÿฅ‘
    @malee57
    @ccco

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 14 USA/HI NFD
    Also just jumping in to stay accountable. Weigh-in today was a new low of 164 lb.
    No fast days this week but stayed at 1200 or less calories most days. Lots of walking, hauling stuff in and out of house into car and then into rehab for DHโ€™s needs right nowโ€ฆ. As a side benefit, it might be helping with weight loss.
    If I get through this month without gaining I will consider it a big win. Running out of steam now with 2 hours on the road road round trip and 4-5 hours at Rehab. They are so short staffed here so I must watch out for DH as much as possible.
    Sending everyone on this journey positive thoughts and prayers for success in achieving your goals.

Day 14 USA/HI NFD
    Also just jumping in to stay accountable. Weigh-in today was a new low of 164 lb.
    No fast days this week but stayed at 1200 or less calories most days. Lots of walking, hauling stuff in and out of house into car and then into rehab for DHโ€™s needs right nowโ€ฆ. As a side benefit, it might be helping with weight loss.
    If I get through this month without gaining I will consider it a big win. Running out of steam now with 2 hours on the road road round trip and 4-5 hours at Rehab. They are so short staffed here so I must watch out for DH as much as possible.
    Sending everyone on this journey positive thoughts and prayers for success in achieving your goals.

Day 15 โ€“ Sundayโ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia ๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜ โ€“ (NFD) ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ†๐Ÿฅฌ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿ„๐ŸŒถ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ”

Hellooooooo everyone! I’ve been missing in action since early December. But missed you all. ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ Hoping you all had a lovely Christmas/festive season and looking forward to the new year.

I’m afraid my wonderful December didn’t go quite as planned. After COVID-SHINGLES-COVID, I had my first ‘outing’ to the Sunshine Coast to celebrate my grandson’s (8th December) and DD’s (10th December) birthdays. All went well with a few days high above overlooking the beautiful Noosa’s Laguna Bay….. wonderful weather and lovely birthday times with GS & DD and many family and friends. Then back to the Gold Coast for 4 days before we all met again at COURAN COVE on South Stradbroke Island (another gorgeous holiday destination) for another 4 days for my BIG birthday. In between, I signed a subject to sale contract on a new home before heading off to South Stradbroke Island to celebrate.
    Unfortunately, I had an accident in the Restaurant on the Saturday evening at the very beginning of my birthday party and that was the end of that for me. I tripped and fell very heavily resulting in concussion, smashed face, fractured nose, teeth (thankfully not broken but through lips), 2 x fractured ribs front & back, bruised knees, wrist and, worst of all, large haematoma on left chest wall. End of party! Operated on nose 6 days later, many MRIs CT scans, ultrasounds, xrays.
    Hence, birthday and then Christmas was a total write off!
    Luckily, although bruised from the top of my head to my knees, none of it was life-threatening… just very painful and possibly one more op still to go. So glad to see the back of 2022 and looking forward to 2023!

For the newbies, Iโ€™m a LOCA (Lady of a Certain Age!๐Ÿฅฐ). I started my mission on 1st February 2022 to lose overall 10-11 kg by Easter but actually failed. ๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ˜ฃ But then kept going ๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚ and reached my goal on 17 June 2022๐ŸŽ‡โœจ๐ŸŽ†โœจ. Iโ€™ve now lost a total 12kg and am at my perfect weight.๐ŸŽฏ๐ŸŽฏ๐ŸŽฏ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜˜ and happy! Yes, you can do it too! I also went AF when I started, principally to avoid the empty calories then accidentally and astonishingly found that I really didnโ€™t miss the wine, only missed the daily ritual. So now I fill my best wine glass with iced water adding lemon/lime slices which is a much healthier and calorie free ritual.๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Š

To maintain my WOL (Way Of Life) I am still following 5:2 Mondays & Thursdays as FD800 to maintain and am rigidly keeping to the plan because I donโ€™t want the fat to come backโ€ฆ.. there be dragons lurking everywhere!๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰.
    Iโ€™d actually done the 5:2 in 2019 and successfully lost 11 kg in 11 weeks then, maintained for a while and then failed to follow through with the 6:1 maintenance WOL.๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰ Silly me because 6:1 just isnโ€™t that hard but you obviously need to stick with it. The upshot was the fat just came backโ€ฆ. itโ€™s not rocket science ๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€ and totally my own fault. So, had to do it all again in 2022 and, this time, Iโ€™m making sure that I keep the fat off but with a FD800 5:2 regimen to keep me on track. So far, so good.

So, why am I here then, since I have achieved my goal? I love reading your chats, it keeps me on track with my maintenance and, of course, and would miss you if I left! Thank you!

@at โ€ฆ.. is the spreadsheet there for January? โ€ฆ. You would have celebrated your 6th anniversary while I was away… so hope it was momentous! ๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ข๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””

@stitchincarol & @northgeorgia โ€ฆ. is the race is ONGOING๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ‡ โ€ฆ.. all our eyes are on you ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€ keep going!

Despite all I was very pleased to pass my milestone birthday on the 19th and very happy that Iโ€™m still on track in maintenanceโ€ฆ.. albeit just under my goal weight still โ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜‹. 2022 was one hell of year with January relationship break-up; COVID-SHINGLES-COVID and then the accident cancelling my milestone birthday celebrations! I am looking forward to my new life in 2023! Looking on the bright side now ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž with moving house (selling this one first) and hopefully perhaps meeting some likeminded chappie to enjoy the next phase of life with.

To each of you on this amazing forumโ€ฆ. hold on and enjoy the rideโ€ฆ donโ€™t stopโ€ฆ donโ€™t pauseโ€ฆ the results will come for you, promise! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜˜

cheerie dearies ๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜

Thought: If we all move forward together then success takes care of itself.
    Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in, day out.
    The best thing about our forum? None of us is as smart as all of us.

Day 15 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

@linda.b – welcome back! ๐Ÿ‘ But – OMG?!! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ What an awful time you’ve had?? 2023 can only get better, right? And despite everything, you’ve stayed AF! So lovely to see you back on the forum; & congrats on the new home ๐Ÿก Here’s the January spreadsheet, courtesy of @at:-
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Swmy3Z2FjUop3nm0xFLTawzIxvTusEQ2XvdWRrgNtv4/edit#gid=0

@daffodil2010 – Dunno about Graham Norton’s Shiraz, but I love his talk show; he’s so quick-witted! The Allen Carr ‘Easy Way to Quit Emotional Eating’ book is different from the weight loss book, so I’m not sure if it also advocates going veggie. Lots of books have been brought out using his method – even since his death in 2006 – how to quit vaping, cocaine, cannabis, & even on how to overcome a fear of flying! Maybe I should read the one on quitting gambling ๐Ÿ˜…

@maui – congrats on the new low! I hope your DH settles into rehab quickly, & that you can take it easy for a while til he’s back home.

Happy S๐ŸŒžnday!

Pocket List – Day 15 ๐Ÿ‡
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

Day 15 UK NFD

Weekend going well , Iโ€™ve rejoined the ZBC and thatโ€™s helping and Iโ€™ll be fasting tomorrow with renewed enthusiasm ๐Ÿ’ช

Good to see you and the emojis back @linda.b – so sorry to hear about your accident I had to re read a couple of times whoโ€™d have thought a little trip could cause so much damage glad to hear youโ€™re in the mend ๐Ÿฅฐ

Have a good one all suns out here so off for a nice long walk See you on the list tomorrow ๐Ÿ‘‹

Day 15 UK CD
    Day 14 NFD

Yesterday was long and exhausting but really good for me. I’m sorry to be an absent host but early start and zero energy when i got home. I ate my way round social gatherings – a slice of my home made gf seedy bread at community breakfast, an oat slice on the journey, cucumber sandwiches and one slice of lemon & blueberry cake at afternoon tea with friends then a pile of cheesy crackers before supper. I resisted A Lot – fruit cakes, croissants, cheese, scones – which feels a semblance of victory ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m going to make some carrot and bean soup for late lunch and this week’s lunches then think about a low carb supper and as early a night as I can. This should set me up for M-Th FD800 again this week.

Aching and tired today but a book chapter to edit/sort referencing by Monday morning deadline plus a zoom coffee gathering this afternoon. Tomorrow is meetings at home and in town, with an event at the house of commons in the evening – I’m just in the audience, representing a charity I’m a trustee of but should be interesting. Then a couple of days to recover!

@malee57 I’m with you on the blowout NFD! How was your Saturday FD?

@daffodil2010 I also stopped smoking with Alan Carr’s help, plus a stop smoking forum – my first. The combination of information, a plan and forum support really helps me create change. And now 5:2 ๐Ÿ™‚ Tho I thought you’d stopped smoking longer ago?

@maui that sounds like an exhausting schedule – will you need to continue that every day while DH is in rehab? I hope you can get some rest and things get easier for you both. Congratulations on your new low!

@linda.b lovely to hear from you – and OMG how awful! So sorry to hear about your accident and all the struggles since. I hope you are feeling Much better. Well done on maintaining through all of the covid-shingles-covid-accident!!! Here’s to new house and next chapter xx

Day 15 Thought – what are you paying attention to this week?

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 404 total)

You must be logged in to reply.