July 2018 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2018 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 804 replies, has 57 voices, and was last updated by  MoliJ 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 810 total)

• Day 4-7 USA (Illinois) NFD

Had a terrific trip to Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, at the beautiful lake home of my almost son-in-law’s parents. Several days of wonderful weather, great wine, and marvelous food. Back home to my scale last night – managed to maintain! Yeah!

Congratulations to all my English World Cup fan friends here. Happy for you despite my Swedish heritage secretly hoping the Swedes could beat you. Oh well…

Onward and downward.

Day 7, NFD, US

checking in.

Day 7, Brighton UK, NFD

Yet another big eating and drinking day. Still using the windows though. Today Mexican. Went to see the Illegal Eagles in Brighton. Awesome.

@michelinme I wish you well as soon as possible.

Mari

My first week of the Fast Diet completed. 2 lbs and 2 inches off, and it hasn’t been difficult.
    I haven’t exercised at all and have had 2 social events to attend, so I’m very pleased.
    I plan to exercise this week, and have no social events arranged, so we shall see 🙂

Will check in next Sunday.

Have a great week.

Hi all just checking in.

Day 8 London NFD

Had big breakfast & now not going to eat til dinner.

Little 8-8 fast. Feel I have to pull back a bit!

Good luck to everyone fasting xx

Day 8 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Just checking in to keep mindful 😎

Days 7 and 8 UK NFD

Hi all
    Decided to try out 16:8 yesterday and today. So far so good. I hope it might help with NFDs and not snacking late at night.

So pleased with how things are going in general. My mindset is totally different now as I just want something sustainable with slow weight loss.
    Have a good day everyone

Day 8 USA (Illinois) CD

Today could end up being a FD, or maybe 1000 calorie day. Sunny and lovely here.

Onward and downward.

Day 8, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Today I had a two course meal which I cooked. I had two meat patties with pine nuts and cinnamon and an oriental poussin with two baked potato halves. I drunk about three and a half of white sparkling wine, an asti, and omitted almond cookie and had only one Lidz coconut chocolate.

This evening I’ll have only fruit such as apricots.

Tomorrow is the start of B2B2B.

I weighed at 79 kilos this morning and before our holiday I weighed at 67.6 kilos. On 8 August we’re going for a week holiday on a Malta to Malta Mediterranean cruise and I’d like to lose at least two kilos.

I hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday. Onwards and downwards.

Day 8 – Florida

NFD today. Lost 3 ounces this past week. I’ll take it. I’ve started exercising and noticed a slow down on the weight loss. Not sure if that is a factor but will continue to exercise.
    Watching the rescue of the boys who were trapped in a cave. So excited that 4 at this time have been rescued.
    Have a great Sunday.

Day 8 – USA – NFD

Day 8, Guildford UK, NFD.

@anna6 is that a typo On the numbers? Something doesn’t add up for the weight gain? Like you tomorrow will be B2B2B2B2B WFD.

Sitting listening to Glenn Frey in the sunshine.

Mari

Day 8, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Too hot for hiking. 38C. Had almost a heat stroke yesterday. Was so red in my face (and I am never red in the face) and started having chills. Took me an hour to be functional again once we arrived back home.
    Ate a lot of salty things and am up 1.6 pounds. Today will be grilling outside and chilling inside. In this heat I love ice cold Kombucha. Very refreshing!

Have a good Sunday everyone! 😊🦋🌻

Day 8……Florida…..CD

Well the FD keep avoiding me like I have something contagious….Since everyone is going to be home, Imjust going to opt for a controlled day. I do need to find the path back before I spiral out of control.
    It really should not be this difficult. So, I’ve decide that starting today, I’m easing back into it with a CD. I really need to relearn how to say no! Thengoing back to the basics on Monday! Maybe, I’m just trying too hard and complicating things…….

All righty…..

Do you think regular dogs see cop dogs and say oh shit a cop?

Day 8 Belfast NFD

A little? Overindulgence on gin last night so pressing that reset.

@annamariav hope you enjoyed your meal with DH and well done on the skinny you! Hope you feel better soon
    @mjrbcd44 enjoy your boy time 😀
    @arelkade – well done on your low weight

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

Day 8, UK, NFD

I feel hot and bothered today, its 30C and there is no wind at all, I feel like I have not enough air 🙁 . Had too much unhealthy food as well, just to make it worse , very silly. Oh well, tomorrow is another/FD day, looking forward to it 🙂

@annamariav feel better soon 🤗

@michelinme I hope you are taking it easy and making sure you nourish your body to help the recovery 🤗

@siano glad to hear you found your way of doing things, and I feel the same as you, I too want something sustainable with slow weight loss. Welcome to the Club Tortoise 🐢

@redrockgirl302 I forgot about Kombucha, wanted to make it, thanks for reminding me 😀

Have a great day everyone 🌺

2nd post

Rainbowsmile it’s a typo all right. I meant I was 69 kilos this morning. I gained 1.4 kilos while on holiday. I want to go down before my next holiday which is a 7 night cruise next month.

Good night 🌙💤😴.

3rd post

Rainbowsmile do you mean to water fast for five days? If so how do you do it? I’d like to do more then three fast days this week and you inspire me.

Day 9 – Japan – FD

Working on water fast day #49. Early this morning my weight is way up, 82.3kg. That is interesting.

Day 9 FD NZ
    Doing 16:8 today as well as a fast.
    Having a soup for 150 cal at 2pm that should keep me going till I have something small for dinner.
    Sick 2 yr old with a tummy bug means I was up til after midnight and up super early so it’s hard going today!
    Good luck everyone.
    Hoping for a good week.

Day 9…NSW Australia…NFD

Hi to everyone,

My dear brother is finally at peace and is no longer suffering, which is a comfort. Thank you for all your kind thoughts.

May have a break for a few days.
    Bye for now!

Hi all, I join today and I hope to join July challenge to motivate myself too.
    Today is my 1st day of 5:2 fasting program. Hope to learn more from everyone here.

Day 9 North Wales FD

@arelkade so sorry to hear about your brother.

Day 9 London FD

HI ALL! & welcome @jelliojan

Fasting day today…another hot one in London. I’m going to try & keep liquids only til dinner xx

Good luck everyone.

I’m going to weigh.. I suspect with what I ate on NFD I’ll be the same. I’m going to get tough this week 🙂

Second post

I’m a llb down! Very encouraging x

Day 9, Emden Germany, FD

Days 5-8 NFD

@daffodil2010 and @bert1802 thanks! We did take the little growths out, didn’t do much. We don’t have any plants this year and will take a soil test and read about growing vegetables next year before we plant anything.

@purplevilet I always think the time you have to wait is the worst, when you have the final result, you can get on and do something about it.

@strawberriesandcream thinking about you, how are you?

@michelinme glad you’re at home now. Would it be possible to cut back a little at work?

@arelkade my sincere condolences to you and your family. Take care.

@cornish-jane if you feel right and it’s worth the risk, go for it!

@missybear isn’t it great when your clothes are too big! Expensive but nice buying new ones.

@jelliojan a warm welcome to you!

Pocket list Day 9, if you want to join us, please copy and paste and add your name to the list

@snowflake56
    @dykask
    @slacknz
    @molij
    @marsupial

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 9, Cornwall UK, FD

Back on the wagon today with a Fast Fay. Actually looking forward to it for the first time.

Very hot in Cornwall over the weekend and went to visit family in Newquay on the north coast. Never seen so many people in the sea!

@arelkade – sorry about your brother – hope to see you back soon.

Day 9 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Had a great weekend on the motorcycle, we covered nearly 900kms, saw some great places, took some great photographs, ate good food, drank good Guinness……now I am very tired on this Monday morning and facing into a 6 day week 😳

My boss asked me to work Saturday…but it was Friday afternoon when he asked! I said no, I had plans, but I have now committed to working the next two Saturdays….oh well, best not think about it too much, think of the overtime and extra money for the holidays……positive thoughts.

My usually Monday reset and FD today. I am joining you guys on that pocket list, just can’t copy and paste on this iPad 😡

@arelkade my condolences for your brother.

Day 9 UK FD

I’m getting more used to my fast days now. I used to feel a bit of a panic on a Monday morning but as I’ve been doing this for nearly 3 months I just feel more confident about being able to fast. Fingers crossed!

Have a good day everyone

2nd post

@arelkade so sorry to hear your news

Day 9, UK, FD

I have just spent over an hour catching up on posts and responding and have lost the lot!! Oh well – summarised version:

Thank you so much for the wonderful words of support regarding my damaging relationship with alcohol. Following a much needed break to relax and contemplate, the upshot is that alcohol no longer has any place in my life. I have to live that Steve Maraboli quote – not just read it.

Thoughts and prayers to all of you going through your own tough situations.

Together we are stronger.

Hello everyone from NI day 9 FD and reset button – I find the days returning from holiday the worst!

Not even attempted to catch up with posts – just burying my head in the sand. But have just signed up for my first 5k, in a long time, in August to give me some motivation to focus on my training with another a few weeks later. Starting week 5 part 3 today so I should be on track. Not drinking enough water and not back to taking my daily kefir since my holiday – trying to remedy that from today.

@arelkade – so sorry for your loss – thoughts are with you and your family during this sad and difficult time x

Day 9, UK, FD

I’m glad today is FD because I hope it helps me feeling less bloated tomorrow, and less hot and bothered. I can’t sleep because of the heat 😰

@arelkade my deepest condolences to you and your family. May your brother rest in peace, he is in a better place now. Take care of yourself ❤

@jelliojan welcome to our July challenge, its never too late to join 🙂 . If you are looking for support you are in the right place, this community is amazing. Have a look in opening post there is some useful info, I added you to our spreadsheet so use it if you wish and fill out the details 🙂

Pocket list for today:

@snowflake56
    @dykask
    @slacknz
    @molij
    @marsupial
    @cornish-jane
    @daffodil2010
    @siano
    @Strawberriesandcream
    @coda
    @shinything

Stay strong everyone 💪

Day 9 – FD; Dublin, Ireland (71.2kg)

Still on that pesky plateau, but liking what I see in the mirror. Fiance down another kilo, so proud of him.

@celtic Girl – well done on your first week, great results already!
    @arelkade – so sorry for your loss.

Pocket list for today:

@snowflake56
    @dykask
    @slacknz
    @molij
    @marsupial
    @cornish-jane
    @daffodil2010
    @siano
    @strawberriesandcream
    @coda
    @shinything
    @moukinator

Day 9 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

@arelkade condolences on the loss of your brother, take care xx

Pocket list for today:
    @snowflake56
    @dykask
    @slacknz
    @molij
    @marsupial
    @cornish-jane
    @daffodil2010
    @siano
    @strawberriesandcream
    @coda
    @shinything
    @moukinator
    @missybear

Strength to all the Monday fasters 👍

Day 9, Guildford UK, WFD

@arelkade my condolences, peace today.

Mari

Day 9 North Canton OH FD
    @arelkade I am so sorry for your loss. Take heart my dear, and do whatever you need to do to take care of yourself. Blessings.
    I struggled in the gym this morning, I haven’t worked out in a week and that is all it took to struggle through my planks and burpees. I leave on vacation in 4 days and the plan is to work out every morning while I am gone, and restrict my eating window. It’s an All-inclusive resort and I will need all the help I can get.
    Oh @anna6, I drool every time I read one of your posts, would you like to adopt me?
    Adding myself to the pocket list
    Pocket list for today:
    @snowflake56
    @dykask
    @slacknz
    @molij
    @marsupial
    @cornish-jane
    @daffodil2010
    @siano
    @strawberriesandcream
    @coda
    @shinything
    @moukinator
    @missybear
    @basyjames

@anna6

I will share my experience of water fasting.

I use WFD on a very regular basis, the first couple of time I WFD for more than 3 days it really was awful. But I persisted.

The first learning was not to fast without switching for a couple of days to LCHF before beginning WFD. So now I start with two days of keto regime with intensive exercise (CFD or NFD) before WFD. I test with keto strips and make sure I have some keto.

Then I start my WFD and I do 5 to 7 days usually every couple of months and I average 2 kilos which is about right, 3500 cals per lb so that’s 4.4 LBS at 3500 ie about 16,500 cals, 7 days at 2,000 cals is 14,000. Once a year I go to 12 days, usually March, but this year I didn’t do that. I haven’t worked out how many fast days of fat I have stored but it must be about 100 days.

This is what I take:

Cod liver oil half a spoon
    Multi mineral tablet (or quarter cup of bone broth) per day
    At least two cups of vegetable stock (with salt)
    Unlimited coffee with soya milk
    An enteritic coated probiotic tablet
    LCQ hair and skin
    Vitamin B and D

——————————-

I exercise by walking or cross trainer for the first three days after that I go for it with weights. I add extra Marigold powder and bone broth when I do.

I also make my own Siltzer with a soda stream.

I stay away from diet sodas they cause an insulin spike for me and leach minerals from bones.

On my last day I have a green juice, no fruit and some whey protein 200. Day 1 off the WFD no carbs at all 800 MFD, to avoid any of the problems of insulin spiking giving me blood refeeding electrolyte problems. So Day 2 limited carbs and salad 1200 CFD…..

Day 4 off I carb cycle day. NFD 1800

Day 5 or 6 off Feast day 2400 then I introduce wheat and dairy.

Bone broth throughout.

You will get autophage. Your body will use it’s stored fat from day 2 if you do the 2 day prep. And exercise on this programme will burn fat. You can test with a keto stick and can monitor blood glucose. When you come out you will have amazing skin although first few times I had breakouts.

I always put on muscle mass, measured at the gym.

And I have NO loose skin now.

Day 2 is the worst for me for headaches and body smell. No saunas but you can have a siltz bath wrap from day 3, I bathe don’t shower.

Don’t use deodorants or anything other than gentle soap. Don’t wash your hair with sulphate shampoos, go no poo on your hair, washing your hair with conditioner only (no silicones). Let that sebum flow as it wants.

If your breath smells, brush your teeth with coconut oil and salt. Perhaps a nasal rinse if your sinuses flow.

Each peeps is different. That’s my experience and adapted method.

I never feel hungry from day 2 onwards. I could go longer than 5 to 7 days but I feel I need medical supervision as I am type 2 and I am concerned about refeeding issues. But if my insulin is low on day 1 the hunger issues are minimised on day 2. My energy goes mega high from day 3. So for me 3 days of WFD is all discomfort.

Another crazy thing, boiled potatoes are very satisfying on carb days and I have taken to eating boiled potatoes with onions and Marigold powder fried in coconut oil.

Apart from some berries, avocados and tomatoes, fruit is far too sweet. I think of fruit as natures candy and it’s a confection for me. That means a treat rather than core to my diet. It spikes my blood sugar. Generally I avoid carbs and protein together as that spikes my blood sugar like crazy. So I have carb days with fats and vegetables, pasta in tomato or fish with vegetables or salad.

I eat eggs too.

I look very good for 64 now, I am to have a revenge bod by 65.

Hope this helps.

Mari

Day 9 London

Although I’ve not signed up to the July challenge but having been involved in previous challenges I just wanted to send my deepest sympathies to you @arelkade on the sad passing of your brother. Heartfelt best wishes and lots of love to you and your family.
    X x

Day 9 – USA – NFD

@arelkade, my heart goes out to you and your family during this sad time. Take good care, my friend.

Day 9 USA (Illinois) NFD

I managed yesterday as a FD – 500 calories – so keeping 6:1 in maintenance is good for me.

@arelkade – sincere sympathies on the loss of your brother. May your memories of him sustain you in your grief.

Onward and downward.

Day 9, FD, US

Thinking of you and yours, @arelkade – take care of yourself.

Had a good weekend of drinking – water!!! Made me realise how much of a habit it is for me to sit down with a glass of wine at my hand and unthinkingly keep refilling it. I simply substituted the wine for water and drank heaps. Glad to see you back @strawberriesandcream.

Day 9, Rocky Mountains, US, FD

@arelkade: I am so sorry for your loss. 😢😢😢

for today:

@snowflake56
    @dykask
    @slacknz
    @molij
    @marsupial
    @cornish-jane
    @daffodil2010
    @siano
    @strawberriesandcream
    @coda
    @shinything
    @moukinator
    @missybear
    @basyjames
    @redrockgirl302

Have a good Monday everyone! 😊🐞🌻

Day 9 Stevensville Maryland USA CFD

@arelkade so sorry to hear about your loss.

My 3 day CNFD’s went well and now today is a CFD. Very busy at work so just checking in today.

for today:

@snowflake56
    @dykask
    @slacknz
    @molij
    @marsupial
    @cornish-jane
    @daffodil2010
    @siano
    @strawberriesandcream
    @coda
    @shinything
    @moukinator
    @missybear
    @basyjames
    @redrockgirl302
    @diana123

A flower doesn’t compete with another flower, it just blooms. Have a wonderful Monday everyone.

Day 9 Belfast NFD

I usually fast on a Monday but let’s just say it’s gone pear shaped. Tomorrow is a new day.

My condolences @arelkade. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this sad time.

Onwards and downwards

@diana123

Hello Diana, could you explain CFD & CNFD please…xx I think I know but not sure!

USA Day 9 FD

My condolences, Arelkade!

Day 7 CD, Day 8 EFS, Day CFD
    Oregon USA

Has been a blur all weekend with my boys home but really wonderful. And grad party last night was a big success. ❤️🎂🎉

Can’t say I have managed my diet well. Trying to get back to it today.

Will catch up on posts later I hope.

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind. ~Dr. Seuss ❤️

Day 9. – Florida

FD today. Not much going on. Have a new painting in our class. A bit tough but will keep trying.

Prayers to @arelkade on your loss.

for today:

@snowflake56
    @dykask
    @slacknz
    @molij
    @marsupial
    @cornish-jane
    @daffodil2010
    @siano
    @strawberriesandcream
    @coda
    @shinything
    @moukinator
    @missybear
    @basyjames
    @redrockgirl302
    @diana1
    @kaywesterman

Day 9, Gozo, Malta, fd

Arelkade condolences.

Rainbowsmile thank you so much for explaining everything you consume and do. I don’t think I’ll stick to a wfd for more then a day or two a week. I’ve never tried it. I’m almost always busy with my grandchildren and though I’m not exercising as such, they keep me on the move and occupied. I admire you for your regime in keeping to a rigid diet and exercise and I’m sure you look very good despite your age. I understand you’re type 2 diabetic. If so do be careful and consult your doctor. My second daughter is a diabetic and endocrine specialist. Once she told me she cannot give my diet ie 4:3 fasting to her patients. So do take care Mari and thanks once again.

Today I fasted at around 700 calories. I ate baked fish, salad without dressing, apricots and honey with yougurt.

This morning I weighed at 68.5 kilos, half a kilo less then yesterday though I’m sure I drunk too much white sparkling wine.

Good night 😘💤🌙😴. Onwards and downwards.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 810 total)

You must be logged in to reply.