July 2018 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2018 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 804 replies, has 57 voices, and was last updated by  MoliJ 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 810 total)

• Rainbowsmile what’s a revenge bod? Please?

Day 10 FD NZ
    FD today again . 2nd day in a row. Decided to do 3 fasts this week because I had such a bad weekend.
    Anyone else do this?
    Actually feeling pretty good.
    Hopefully the scales will reflect the extra work this Week!
    Good luck everyone.

Rainbow smile I LOVED your post. Thank you.

Yes to the revenge bod!

Day 10 – Japan – NFD 79.5kg

Not losing as much as before while fasting. I changing up my routines which might be a part of it. Soon I’ll be on the road so I have to be flexible. Actually as I think about it my weight was higher when I started the fast. Anyway it is just too hot to let myself get too dehydrated.

I’m way behind on following the posts, sounds like there has been all kinds of news in this group. Don’t mean to be rude, just out of touch.

@arelkade, sorry to hear about your loss. I hope your brother is in a much better place now.

Wow, no matter what, life is really short. It is something to think about. Still, I’m hoping to face death active and healthy. I think the thing that really scares me is to die a long time before I’m actually dead. I think that is partly why I’m sticking with this WOL, it is helping me to be alive.

@snowflake56 – sounds like you are embracing life. I don’t know about your target of revenge but I hope you get the body you want and are able to keep it for a long time!

Impressive day 9 pocket list, best of luck to all finishing up their fasts.

@snowflake56
    @dykask
    @slacknz
    @molij
    @marsupial
    @cornish-jane
    @daffodil2010
    @siano
    @strawberriesandcream
    @coda
    @shinything
    @moukinator
    @missybear
    @basyjames
    @redrockgirl302
    @diana1
    @kaywesterman

@anna6 Revenge body is a very bad Kardashian show, where women get super sexy bods to show off to their dipstick exes.

So getting a revenge bod is a bit of an in joke as my ex was a dipstick.

Of course we get fit and healthy for ourselves, the revenge bod is a bonus item.

Thank you @marsupial for your kind review. Let’s get revenge bods!

Mari

Day 10, Emden Germany, NFD

@dykask I think you’re referring to the posts of @rainbowsmile. I’m where I want to be, having the body I want and very happy the way things are. No thoughts of revenge here.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 10, Cornwall UK, NFD

Good fast yesterday. I’m overdoing food on non-fast days at the moment so need to find a way to just eat normal! Its a good thing I’m fasting 2 days a week otherwise I’d be gaining weight again.

So many people are complementing my weight loss at the mo – its making it difficult to get rid of the last 10kgs. I like the complements but need to see reality. Still need to lose at least 3.5kg and 4cm from my waist to reach ‘official’ healthy weight. Its nothing compared to whats been done already but it feels so hard! I think I’m at that stage of the marathon where you are 20 miles round, are totally knackered, can’t see the finishing line, and not sure you have the strength to get there!

I know i can do the fast days. But its the non fast days…..

Off to a new yoga class today in St Mawes, as my normal lovely yoga teacher is off for a month. I had to work last night to get enough space in the day so I hope it is worth it. A month without yoga would not be good for my bod.

Day 10 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – CD

This week I am stopping my habitual 4:3 and trying out 5:2…back to basics. I want to get my mind around NOT eating everything in sight on a NFD, and for the past year my NFD’s gave mostly been at the weekends and so I really let go.

If I do basic 5:2 with Monday and Thursday as my FD’s, and be mindful and fairly controlled on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, then I am setting myself up for nice weekends and a WOL that is sustainable.

My FD yesterday wasn’t so great at the end of the evening when I had a large glass of white wine, with two crackers and cheese 😳 Now, I was not feeling sentimental, sad, reflective or anything, far from it, but yesterday would have been 20 years to the day I was supposed to get married. It didn’t happen, BUT in order to get away from Ireland and any sad feelings at the time I went over to my sister and brother in USA.
    On the 9th July 1998 we went out for dinner to one of the best restaurants in East Hampton, and I have some great photos of us all looking young and smiling. My brother died in a car accident a few months later, November 1998, so those photos are the last ones I have of him. I had framed a good one of him and I sitting on the veranda outside the restaurant, he looks very dashing. So yeah, I guess I was marking the occasion with that glass of wine. ☹️

@cornish-jane I echo your sentiments exactly. I too feel I am at that stage in the marathon and with just a small bit to go it sometimes feels so darn hard.

@dykask yes, life is very short, and hopefully this WOL will keep us all active and healthy until it’s time to go.

@rainbowsmile & @snowflake56 sorry for my mix up!

Day 10 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Yesterday I had one of those occasional FDs of fighting the hunger dragon all day, managed to end the day at 750 calories but had to exercise the willpower muscle.

I see a few are feeling a little out of control on NFDs, have you reviewed the type of food you are eating? I know we are all different but what has worked for me is cutting out refined carbs and sugary foods. It was tough at first but now I can honestly say I don’t want to eat bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, cake or biscuits because I know how much better I feel without them.

Maintenance is going well, its early days so I’m still doing Monday and Thursday FDs but will switch to 6:1 if my weight continues to fall.

Have a good day everyone 🙂

Day 10 Belfast CD

A silly sugar day yesterday. Starting afresh today. No fast on Thursday because we’re off to Dublin for YS’s birthday.
    A sad story @daffodil2010. Thank goodness you are in a good place now.

Remember: you haven’t come this far to only come this far,

Day 10 UK NFD

Thank you again for good wishes as I recuperate from pneumonia and pleurisy, and acute hospital stay.

ust finished 10days antibiotics, still resting up, sitting out for a couple of hours each day but not yet left the house. Eating very healthily, been blessed with help to cook, do chores and pick up projects. Hoping to go to garden centre for supplies this afternoon, friend has offered to help me repot houseplants later this week.

I’ve got a very gentle routine going. Thinking creativity and able to pick up a couple of things by email, but not working, speaking much or pushing myself. It’s a long haul.

Still 144lbs/65kg, down 6lbs on June end despite lots of fruit, cheese and crackers and dairy free ice-cream. Going with the flow and I’ll pick it up again when I’m better.

@arelkade love and prayers with you on the loss of your brother. I hope the love and wonderful memories sustain you and your family at this sad time x

Best wishes to all for this July challenge

Start where you are, use what you have and do what you can – let go of the rest.

Day 10 North Wales NFD

Day 10 NFD

Just checking in . Good luck everyone!

Day, 10, NFD (7 days AF)

Successful 800 cal FD yesterday.

@penz – well done on the weekend water tactic – did you use a wine glass? I found in the past that it’s the feeling of the glass in hand that’s more important than what’s in it. Why did I forget that insight?!

My goodness @rainbowsmile – that’s one heck of a regime! Did you plan it out yourself or do you follow an existing plan? I love the thought of ‘no loose skin’ without surgery.

@dykask – your post has voiced my current thoughts about life and lifestyle choices. As I read of people’s losses, current and past and think of my Mum dying at 37 – I’m more determined than ever to win my personal battle with booze once and for all, live this WOL properly and hopefully live long enough to enjoy all the good things I have in my life.

Good to hear you are on the mend @michelinme and glad to hear you are taking things slowly with help. Maybe the universe was telling you to slow down and put yourself first in your very busy life schedule.

Some things are meant to be and your life sounds so fulfilled now @daffodil2010. Whatever you believe, I’m sure you feel your brother’s spirit is always with you.

“Be strong, because things will get better. It might be stormy now, but it can’t rain forever.”

Hi @Strawberriesandcream. My mum also died young, at 36, and I wonder if I started using alcohol to self medicate when a stepmother appeared rather too quickly, with a family, and my brothers and sister were left to bring ourselves up. I definitely used alcohol to numb the pain of adolescence in a very hurt family. I don’t know about you, but it might have some bearing on how you used alcohol. I’m thinking of you and wishing you luck ( not really luck, I think you can do it without the randomness of luck).
    Just remember, your mum would want you to live a happy life, and I’m sure you have it in you to have one. Keep going. It gets easier.
    But, I’m struggling with 5:2. Can’t fit in FDs at the mo. Long story. It can wait.

Day 10…..Florida….NFD

Well, I did it! I’m so proud, yesterday, I finally did a solid FD! Was not sure I was going to make it but besides being busy at work which helped considerably.I was also offered a sugar treat, I took it but I did not eat it!

So, the result, I slept wonderfully last night and woke up easily when the alarm went off! Wow! I forgot about the extra benefits this WOL provides!

I’m on the road today for work, so it’s going to be a nice NFD. I’ve already decided no fast food joints will be stopped at and my favorite coffee house will be avoided! I did some research and found a grocery store that sells salads on my route. So, that is what is for lunch!

I’m a little behind on posts, so I will catch up soon!

Do you think regular dogs see cop dogs and say oh shit a cop?

Day 10, Gozo, Malta, fd

Rainbowsmile go for it yey for revenge bod.

Seriously Mari, my eldest daughter had a son after nine years of marriage. When her son was eight months old she discovered that her husband had a girlfriend for three years and seven months. She also discovered that he went for ha holiday in Rome with her a week before her son was born. He told her he was going to a work trip.

She went through hell because she never expected this. Now her son has his second birthday end of July. She is at peace with herself and the world. She’s found a loving boyfriend, she is legally separated and tells me she can talk normally to her ex because she doesn’t care anymore.

I wish you peace Mari and ofcourse you get healthy and slim and beautiful for yourself. Yey for you Mari.

Today I’m having a smoothie made from frozen berries and apple juice at 652 calories total. I might give a glass to my pregnant daughter if she fancies it. I nibbled two bites from a chicken, broccoli and pasta bake I made just to see if it was good as it’s a new recipe. It tasted good. I also had two coffees with semi skimmed milk and one teaspoon honey.

So today I’ll consume around 700 to 800 calories.

Day 10 USA (Illinois) NFD

Went overboard a little yesterday on my DAFD (DayAfterFastDay) but hope it was just temporary.

Onward and downward.

Day 10 Stevenville Maryland USA CFD

Whelp yesterday turned out not so good. It was my CFD which turned into a NFD. To many goodies in my desk drawer. Cleaned it out and now today is my first Tuesday CFD.

Only I can change my life, no one can do it for me.

@marsupial CFD(controlled fast day) CNFD (controlled non-fast day). Wishing everyone a great Tuesday.

Day 10 North Canton OH FD

@EmmaTaylor and @Strawberriesandcream, my mother also died young – she was 33 and my stepmother arrived way too early as well, unfortunately she could not handle having so many stepkids (6 total) and took it out on us; there was a lot of emotional and verbal abuse involved. It took me a long time to build my self confidence back up – after being told pretty much every day that I was useless and would not amount to much in life. In any case, I was determined to prove her wrong and I can proudly say that that I did.

I harbored a lot of anger towards my step mom for a long time, but I am letting go of the anger and hopefully getting to the point where I can truly forgive and look past the hurts of the past. I don’t want to suffocate myself in anger and hurt, nobody should have that much power over anyone; however it takes time and I am slowly getting there.

I was also quite worried that I would die as young as my mum. When I made it past the 33 year mark, I breathed a sigh of relief, and kept on going. Now I am a full decade older than my mom was when she died. Life is so short, it just makes me wonder what could have been.

Happy Fasting (or not) everyone.

2nd post

Hello @emma Taylor – thanks for your message – it really does help to know I’m not alone in my struggle – and yes, our stories are very similar. My Mum’s death involved alcohol and there is also a history of alcoholism in my maternal family tree. Apparently there is a 60% higher chance of becoming a dependent alcoholic if there’s a hereditary history in the family. I’ve been battling off and on with booze for nearly 40 years and am very fortunate that I do not have a physical dependance as yet vs my regular alcohol abuse of around 50 to 80 units a week. With my 60th birthday only 2 years away, I feel this is my final chance to take control if I want to experience a happy and healthy retirement. I did try Soberistas about 4 years ago, but that didn’t really help. I like William Porter’s approach and read his blogs. He talked about setting up a support group – I must look into whether he has or not.

Sorry to hear you’re struggling with your FDs. After the last couple of months I can empathise with your struggle. But nothing stays the same forever, and no doubt you’ll get back into the pattern when the time is right. Just as you are helping me, share if you wish and you know you’ll get lots of support.

2nd post Day 10 Stevensville Maryland USA CFD

@basyjames

Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness. Forgive them because you deserve Peace.

Day 10, Guildford UK, WFD 2 of 7

@dykask no problem, I confuse me too

@anna6, I want to go punch your ex SIL with a wet kipper right now. Not my place but I do. My muffin top launched an affair in my ex and also I buy the wrong bacon and don’t cook the right shaped pasta. So revenge bod gave me confidence in court. Now the revenge bod is even more revengy, especially as his gf now has a muffin top! Ha! Sweet…….

I jest of course because this may make her a target which is sad.

@strawberriesandcream, I purchased three things, a glucose monitor, a Fitbit and ketone strips. I then proceeded to record my own regime eating and sugar and ketones. I kept detailed notes and just observed it. I found WFD worked best for me if it was longer than 3 days, less hunger and more ketones if I went keto for two days before WFD. And that my recovery afterwards was better if I didn’t go for it with carbs. I also found I could manage 7 days if I added bone broth, it’s got collagen in it. My skin looked amazing too.

I also noticed that I lost more weight if I exercised whilst in a ketones state, more if I did it with weights.

I love my feast days.

I flex more if my day starts at 7 pm not midnightand that has really helped me.

It’s the Michael Moseley way to test, he tests his own body too. I test using a lab of one.

If I was to be addicted it would be alcohol but I find if I don’t drink at all, I don’t want to. If I eat badly I tend to drink as well. I am the Prossecco Queen.

I read somewhere that the genetic component can be detriggered by epigenetic expression. Can’t remember where but its a liver enzyme issue. Will rack my brains on it, but think chromium had something to do with it.

Found it

https://patents.google.com/patent/US4918102

Mari

Day 10, Cornwall UK, NFD

2nd post – Came back on here because I am having a challenging DAFD (Day after fast day – thanks @songbirdme!). Lovely yoga session this morning with a new teacher, feeling good and had a nice lunch. Why do I want to eat more?! Need to distract myself with focused work and other things. I am big fan of 5:2 but I have this DAFD problem. It needs resolving with a healthy diet – thanks @missybear for the advice from a pro! I try and eat wholefood plant based, and manage most of the time. But if I eat eg sourdough bread, I just eat too much of it. eg 2/3 slices instead of 1! Then I want to snack on it during the afternoon. The first step to solving the problem is probably awareness, so at least I have some awareness. But what is the next step? I know its probably self-control but that doesn’t just magic itself into my brain because I want it. How do you get some?!

@daffodil2010 – thanks for sharing your story about your brother – it reminds me to make the most of my family around me, and I will call my brother tonight. So – something good will come from sharing your memories.

Day 10, NFD, US

Wow, lots of deep posts in the last 24 hours. Thank you all for trusting us and sharing.

I hadn’t tried a wine glass, @strawberriesandcream – just a normal glass did the trick for me of feeling satsified with water vice wine. But I’ll defn store that idea in case I need it! Good luck with your choices moving away from alcohol.

A beautiful, sad and poignant story, @daffodil2010. Glad you have that wonderful photo of a great dinner out to reflect on happier times.

Like some of you, I’m also finding I can do FDs easily but tend to overindulge on the NFDs. On weekends, I even have breakfast! I NEVER have breakfast normally. If you have found workable strategies to help stay mindful on NFDs, please share.

Day 10, UK, NFD

I’m up 1kg this morning even though I had a successful FD yesterday and I’m not surprised after last few days 😟 .

@cornish-jane I have the same problem (and @daffodil2010), just like you, I have a problem with eating on NFDs, I feel like my brain is going “fasting is coming soon, lets stock up” which is ridiculous and I have to work out the way to stop that. And don’t get discouraged thinking that you can’t make it because you can! But as its been said before, the less you have to lose the harder it is. But there is no rush so just take it in stride and carry on, you will be happy one day down the line 🤗

@daffodil2010 your post really touched me, brought tears to my eyes. You are such a great and strong person to be here now as you are ❤ , sending you lots of virtual hugs 🤗

@missybear I cut out sugar and processed food, and it works really well, but guess what? I’ve been eating those eaxctly lately. Major self sabotage is going on and I don’t understand why 🙁

@michelinme so happy to hear you are recovering nicely and you are taking care of yourself and established a gentle routine 🙂 , hope you get back to normal and full strength soon x

@strawberriesandcream and @emma Taylor its so harsh loosing your mums at such an early age 🙁 , they would want you to be happy xx

@anna6 your daughter is a very strong and wonderful person to deal with such a betrayal and come on top of it like that 🌹

Lets do this together 🌺

Day 10 UK NFD

FD went well yesterday but probably more like 700 calories but I’m not very strict, I like to have a bit of flexibility. As I’m happy with losing about a pound a week I’ll keep thinGSM as they are until I plateau.

I feel quite moved reading the messages today and particularly find your post @strawberries and cream very honest and heartfelt. I’m so glad I’ve joined this forum as I find it to be more than just a support group for 5:2.

Hope you all have a good day

Day 10 – Florida

NFD. Completed 1/12 hours exercising this morning. Rough getting started but stayed with it. Glad now.
    Working on a new painting. Will be a challenge for me.
    Hope everyone has a great day.

Day 10, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

FD yesterday did not happen. Today CD. I just love fruit and am eating cherries, peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots, strawberries etc. all day in excessive amounts! 😳 No wonder my scales were unfriendly this morning!🤪

Have a good Tuesday everyone! 😊🐞🦋

Day 10 UK NFD

I’m sorry I haven’t checked in for a few days I have had a busy couple of days. I didn’t do my usual Monday fast day as I had a surprise visit by my parents, which turned into a lovely day.

I have, however, kept up with posts and I must praise everyone for their strength and courage to share such personal information with this group. Other people may be the initial driving force to make ourselves change for the better but only we can make ourselves happy. Never let anyone make you feel less than as we all matter and we are all imperfectly perfect…No scrap that, we are all totally awesome!!!

@arelkade I send you my deepest condolences. I am so sorry for you loss. Please stay strong and look after yourself.

After a tough weekend of self-pity due to biopsy anxiety, somehow picked myself up emotionally. Was eating ok today for NFD, but than had a can of Diet Coke which ironically made me more hungry. Tomorrow planning for a FD.

Rainbowsmile I bet you’ve never felt better than now. You’ve got your health and confidence. Just enjoy the moment and as Diana123 said you forgive because you deserve peace too.

ShinyThing my daughter passed through a lot. My OH, her two sisters, her brother and I supported her. Her Father and I especially encouraged her to work hard, ( she’s an architect like my husband) and that did the trick. She’s so much settled and doing well since last year. I still pray daily for her and my OH and I also pray the rosary for our children.

Good night 😴💤🌙

Day 10 – UK – FD
    Day 8 and 9 – NFD

What wonderful news to hear all the boys, their coach and the divers have made it safe out of the caves in Thailand – wonderful to see all the different nations working together to achieve this!

Apologies for not posting recently, have been very busy the last few days but staying controlled with a good FD of 306cals today 😇

On Sunday I had a lovely lunch, sitting outside in the garden of a little restaurant with 3 friends, afterwards we went to see a telecast of An American in Paris from London’s West End – a wonderful time with friends.
    Monday I had brunch out with OH and restarted my pilates class in the afternoon after a break of 2 weeks and a yoga class in the evening 🙏
    Today went for hike with friends 6km with around 500m of height gained – enjoyed a coffee and a chat with the group afterwards. Then a busy afternoon of baking for the club I volunteer at on Wednesdays – lemon drizzle traybake, banana bread and raspberry dark chocolate brownies – enjoyed a light salad for dinner – now showered, teeth brushed and that kitchen door firmly closed!!!

@michelinme – good to hear that you are recovering slowly but surely xx
    @celtic-girl – great job on completing your first week – stay strong!
    @arelkade – thinking of you – was nice for you and family to have some precious time with him at the end of his life “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal”
    @jelliojan – Welcome – you have taken the first and most important step – This WOL does work and is easy to do – Read the posts on the first couple of pages and you and will get to know us as that is when folks shared a bit about themselves
    @Strawberriesandcream – know that you are strong enough to achieve what you set out to do and that we are all here to offer support or a hug when you need it 🤗
    @rainbowsmile – what an amazing journey you have had and look at how far you have come during this time – “The best is yet to come”

So many lovely and thoughtful posts – it is so nice that we can share with our cyber family here and know that we will get support – I am sending one of these 🤗 to everyone here

Yoga tomorrow morning then a busy afternoon of volunteering – looking forward to it all….

“I am capable. I am strong. If I believe in myself, I can turn my dreams into a plan, and my plan into my reality”

Day 11 NFD NZ
    Weigh in day today. Another lb off. 5 5lb in total and a few cm gone here and there so I am stoked! Especially after my messy donut filled Friday!
    I did 4:3 this week to shift what I knew was a gain week. Not a fan of doing that too often!
    Very deep posts lately thank you everyone. It gives me strength to share mine… almost. Today isn’t the day though.

I use myfitnesspal to track on fast and NFDs to keep me on track. I’m a mindless eater!
    Have a good day everyone

Day 11 – Japan – NFD

Yesterday morning: 79.5kg
    Then breakfast, later a run & pullups: 77.5kg (It was hot)
    This morning: 79.9kg

My weight just was 79.9kg and that is just barely out of bed. So I’m really happy with that as typically I weight myself after taking a shower and often I make sure I really need that shower. Weight bounces around a lot but at least the bounces are lower than they used to be.

I was surprised to see two different mother’s here died in their 30’s. That is so young. My mother is still alive at 80, but she acts more like she is 110, I don’t want to be like that. My father is 86 but is a lot more active than many that are 56. He does have a lot of winkles under his eyes. The difference is so shocking between the two. (They aren’t together anymore.) I have an aunt and uncle that are both in a care facticity, he is a couple years older than my dad. However they never ate that well and now poor nutrition has robbed them of a lot of their health. They actually gained weight eating food they get there now. That is extreme to actually gain weight on hospital style meals.

What I really like about fasting is the days I eat. Now I have a much easier time eating healthy and typically I really enjoy it. The slow changes in my body are starting to add up. My face is in the 50’s but my body now looks much younger. Even the loose skin I had under my chin for a while is going away. Maybe even my face is younger than it was. However the main problem I have there is I lost a lot of fat in my face, maybe too much there. I wouldn’t mind seeing 500g of fat move from my belly to my face.

Day 10 – SW WA USA – ? at least 16:8

@arelkade – hugs and prayers

@rainbowsmile – good for you for figuring out what works for you and taking control.

I so appreciate you all on this supportive forum. Right now I’m treading water; at least keeping 16:8 most days. I’m not able to concentrate on everything at once right now. Back to back, my mom unexpectedly went to the hospital in Canada, I had a car accident & I’m getting ready to move across the state by the end of July. Just getting ready to relocate carries with it a lot of logistics – a list that keeps growing.
    Even though it’s a little crazy right now, I am trying to pop in to read posts from time to time.

I wish you all well, and will tune in as possible.

FD begins. Trying to think positive 🙂

So glad to be part of this forum and grateful for your posts, sharing and support.

Day 11 UK FD

Checking in. Feeling positive 👍

Day 11 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – CD

Wow guys, I am bowled over by some of the personal stories revealed recently. 🤗
    Many of us have been through some terrible times. Thanks for sharing. We are stronger together.

Thanks to all who commented on mine, it really means a lot. I know my brother is always there with us, and I know, NOW, that the pain and heartache of a long term engagement and marriage jilting was in order to (1)get me away from a man who was not right (2) get me to the USA to spend precious time with my brother.

1998 will always be the ‘annus horribilus” for me and my family…..but now, 20 years later, everything is so much better. Dad still grieves deeply for the loss of his boy, but Dad is a strong man of 82, out and about, lording it over us all 😄 My mother died at the age of 53, 26 years ago, she was a smoker, so I took that into account for my own health. I stopped smoking 15 years ago. As I turn 53 next year I want to be my healthiest ever.
    With the support on this forum I know it will be so.

Good NFD yesterday, having another one today.

Have a great day all you wonderful people.

Day 11 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

I’ve not been walking as much as usual recently because of the heat and horseflies, I’ve had so many horrible bites, I even had a fly find its way inside my bra…..but its cooler this morning so I will wear long sleeves and get out there today after breakfast.

@annmarilyn sorry you’re having such a rough patch, better times will come, stay strong 🤗

Keep positive everyone, we can exceed our own expectations taking small steps one day at a time 😊

Day 11, Guildford UK, WFD

@annemarilyn that is some hard schedule. And a car accident? I do home everyone is ok and that you are healing fast.

@daffodil2010, I just want to reach through the screen and hug you right now. So strong to have come through so much and be so sunny. You dad is wonderful as a role model.

@dykask it’s interesting to know that parents can be so different in the way they live their lives and run their health.

@at yes it’s extraordinary. Without the support I have had here in the challenges I doubt that I would be still making progress. I am so so grateful for the help in the dark days. So now we can share the liggt ones.

We all have reasons why we gain weight and struggle to lose it, finding motivation to keep going. It’s great to share and it really helps that we often have life issues that we work on and support each other. It has been my life saver.

Mari

Day 10, UK, FD

Woohoo – 7 days alcohol free and already seeing the benefits. My brain feels sharper, my skin looks a little brighter but most of all I feel MASSIVELY relieved. I am not an alcoholic – I am an ex binge drinker. So – apart from reporting my progress, that is the last I shall dwell on my former drinking habits.

@basyjames – thank you for sharing your childhood experience too. I really appreciate the courage and understanding that you and @emma Taylor have shown me. Onwards & upwards!!!!
    @rainbowsmile – Mari – thanks for the further information on your regime and also the link to that paper. I haven’t yet mentioned about the DNA tests that I have submitted. I’m waiting for results and will explain more then. Briefly, they are designed to advise on what sort of foods and exercise is best for my DNA. I’m expecting the results quite soon.
    @cornish-jane – have you considered 4:3 or maybe ADF for a month or so? This might get you through ‘the wall’. Are you keeping to a limited eating window on NFDs or cutting out one meal? And of course, @missybear‘s advice on types of food to consider avoiding is spot on. Final thought – Sourdough bread will always be there and may taste even better when you celebrate your reaching your goal (imagine winky emoji at this point!).
    Congratulations @bert1802 – that makes two of us who have achieved an FD this week for the first time in quite a while. Let’s keep that wagon rolling!
    @diana 123 – “Only I can change my life, no one can do it for me.” – oh yes!!!!
    @penz – my strategy is sticking to two meals on NFDs. Either brunch or lunch then dinner. Sometimes I’ll make breakfast for dinner if I’m missing my bacon and black pudding.
    Yes @siano – this forum is definitely a special place to be.
    @sarahbob – good to hear you had a lovely day with your parents – isn’t the flexibility of this WOL great?!
    I think you are being hard on yourself @purplevilet – you have/are experiencing justified concern about your forthcoming results. Sending a big hug.
    @anna6 & @diana123 – it took me many years to understand that forgiveness was key to my own peace of mind. It does take time but it also takes work in shaping the mindset to allow it to happen.
    @at – yes – the successful rescue was the perfect news that we needed to hear in our troubled world. If only the world could learn from what can be achieved by working together. Thoughts to the family of the diver who did lose his life – the successful outcome must be such a comfort to them.
    Congratulations on your progress @slacknz. The flexibility of being able to throw in an extra FD when needed means you can enjoy the occasional donut filled Fridays 🙂
    I’m going to repeat my quote of yesterday as it seems particularly poignant right now. Thinking of you @annemarilyn as you juggle your various stressful situations right now.

“Be strong, because things will get better. It might be stormy now, but it can’t rain forever.”

Day 11 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

Wow so many sharing personal stories, I want to share something that was really hard to share for so many years, but today I have peace with it and have forgiven my grandfather. As a very young child I was sexually abused by him, only to find out later in life after he passed almost all his granddaughters where as well. I went to counseling as a young adult and it was then I learned the power of forgiveness. My grandfather was a very sick person and after he passed I was able to find compassion for him and thru forgiveness I was able to find peace in my life.

Today I am grateful, have a great Wednesday everyone.

Image yourself 6 months from now, don’t stop it will be worth it.

Day 11 USA (Illinois) NFD

Hugs to everyone here – so many are struggling either in our WOL or personal life.

Onward and downward.

Day 11, USA (Nebraska), NFD

I belong to several quilting email groups, and it seems I can either stay current in this group, or I can stay current with my quilters; both takes more time than my days hold. 🙁 I’ve thought of you all plenty over the last week, however.

@arelkade, I’m sorry to hear of your brother’s passing. My own died ten years ago this year at the age of 59–way, way too young. Cyber hugs and prayers to you and your family.

@michelinme, what a wringer you’ve been through! I’m so glad you’re on the mend, and it sounds as if you’re behaving just as you ought in order to heal as quickly as your body is able. Have fun at the garden center!

And if there are others of you with big news, I apologize for not taking the time to read all the comments!

I’m finding I’m really struggling on NFDs to eat with reasonable restraint. And I don’t even consider whether I will or not have whatever indulgence I’m currently shoving in my mouth, I only consider what indulgences are available! Any thoughts on how to conquer the monster within?? I actually heard a fascinating lecture once on our brain and how the part that controls us is like an elephant being ridden by a person in a little seat thing on top of the elephant. But I can’t remember if the part that gets out of control is the person in the seat, or the elephant, lol! The point was that it’s a big fight to be in control, and once you’re in control, staying there is much easier…it’s the getting in control that’s the huge challenge. So, anyone have tips on getting in control??

Second, I really need to count the actual calories I’m eating, rather than guestimating based on years of counting calories. I dread doing it, however, because it’s never easy. What apps do you all use, and which do you all think are easiest? The thing I find difficult is that I cook, a lot, so it’s not a simple matter of a particular item of produce or meat/fish/poultry, nor a simple matter of something packaged, but it’s recipes, and I hate having to enter recipes in, and then figure out how large a portion I actually ate. There is no simpler way, though, am I right?

Day 11, UK, NFD

I’ve given up weighing myself for now, no point in getting depressed 😐, I will just reset and get back on track with my eating on NFD, back to no processed food and sugar 💪

@annemarilyn srry to hear you had a car accident, so glad you are not hurt 🤗
    Moving is such a big job, but once you’ve moved you will be happy and relaxed 😀

@diana123 I admire you, really! Sending you a virtual hug 🤗

@stitchincarol good to see you back here 🙂 , I use Lose It! app, and I find it good as its simple enough and it gives me the nutrients as well as calories, but yeah, no simple way of controlling eating on NFDs, quite a few of us are having the same problem.

Life can be difficult sometimes, and I’m having one of those times when I find life difficult. We carry on ….

Have a great day/evening everyone 🌹

Day 11, Gozo, Malta, fd

Strawberryandcream and Diana123 forgiveness is not easy but it brings you peace. So true.

Today I already had 600 calories. I need to be careful to not overeat this evening.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone, onwards and downwards.

Day 11 North Canton OH FD, 1 day to vacation (happy dance)

@stitchincarol I cook too. I try to cook at least one meal a day and the app that works best for me is My Fitness Pal. I have been using the app for at least 10 years and it’s like a large database of food items and recipes, once you enter something in it, its available for all to use. If I feel like it, I may enter my own recipe, in which case I know it’s entirely accurate; but most of the time, I can find something pretty close to what I want (or close enough).

@purplevilet I read an article about the connection between artificial sweeteners and sugar cravings that may explain why you felt hungry after a diet coke. It was pretty enlightening; here’s the link:
    https://abcnews.go.com/Health/artificial-sweeteners-weight-gain-time-review-studies/story?id=48676448

@annemarilyn my thoughts and prayers are with you

@diana123 I agree with you completely, thank you. I think there has been growth in that area. There was a time when I was mad at her every day and could not even stand to look at her picture. Now I am actually able to talk to her when my dad gives her the phone during my calls; before I would just hang up. There has been a lot of friction in the family between my siblings, my dad and her kids; it a hot extended family mess. I try not to dwell on it but I am hoping to get to the point where I can pick up the phone and call her to see how she is doing. I have been forgiven much myself, and I would like to do the same.

Thank you all for sharing your stories, I know it’s not easy to do

@strawberriesandcream thank you for the quote “Be strong, because things will get better. It might be stormy now, but it can’t rain forever.” I love it :)

Day 11, NFD, US

Checking in. I bought some fresh cherries today and ate them while at my computer. I looked down at one stage and saw how many pips were there which made me realise how I had been mindlessly munching my way through the bag. Ooops!!! At least I’d made the right choice in buying cherries rather than the chocolate bar I was really craving.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 810 total)

You must be logged in to reply.