July 2018 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2018 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 804 replies, has 57 voices, and was last updated by  MoliJ 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 810 total)

• Day 23 NSW Australia FD
    (8.05am Monday)

Hi everyone – I hope you all have a wonderful week.

We are having cool nights and gorgeous days at the moment – not bad for the middle of Winter!

Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!

Day 23 FD Auckland

I have turned into a tortoise. My weight loss has slowed up and I’m taking forever to break into the 70kg range. Today I was 81.2kg. Oh well. I just have to keep going…

Am loving watching the Sevens Rugby World Cup in San Francisco. Our Black Ferns are the new women’s world champs again and the final for the men’s is in a couple of hours – All Blacks vs England.

I’m starting the Monday Pocket list
    @merryapple

Stay strong everyone!

@merryapple

Day 22 – SW WA USA – NFD

Trying for 16:8s most days in the middle of moving prep. I do have my car fixed & back following accident. My mom is still in the hospital in BC since 6/26 and they’re still trying to figure out what’s going on with her.
    Even if I’m not posting much, I’m hopping on to read your wonderful posts from time to time.

@songbirdme – so glad for things to go well for your daughter’s wedding. What a wonderful celebration.

Day 23 NFD NZ
    Well my long wknd is done and dusted (with way too much farewell food as my partner left for Spain today for 3.5weeks)! Eek. If I can keep the 2 yr old alive and my business running then all i need to do is nail my fasts! Easy!😂
    Wish me luck! Fast day tomorrow!

Day 23 -Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

It cannot be Monday already. Days like today I wish I was retired and did not have to go to work. I love my job, but July has been a month of work, work, work, work……already looking forward to TWO whole days off next weekend ☺️

Busy day yesterday, food choices ok but accompanied by a tad too much wine. It’s an FD today so a big reset. July is also a plateau month for me, but at least it’s in the low end of the scale…..this time last year I was 35lbs heavier 😳

@debster251 fantastic about all your new clothes. I bet you look fabulous 😀

@rainbowsmile Loved your poo musings 👍 I have a fascination for poo!!! Very interesting reading about our gut biome etc.
    @annemarilyn was thinking about you yesterday, hope the move is going ok

Have a good day everybody. July is flying by.

Day 23, UK, FD
    Day 22, UK, NFD

Very quick check-in, will catch up on last few days’ posts later on. I didn’t manage any FDs last week, but have maintained at 143lbs. Attempting a FD today.

Have a good Monday all.

Day 23, Gozo, Malta, fd

I’m starting a pocket list for today

@coda
    @anna6

Rainbowsmile we are almost the same weight too. Are you doing 4:3 also? I’d like to put in as much fast days as possible before our next holiday in 8 August . We’re going for a cruise until 15 August and I always gain weight when on holiday. I don’t count calories usually but hope not to overdo eating just for the pleasure of it.

Coda that’s very good losing 7 lbs already. I hope you’ll stick to three fast days and get your original weight in no time.

I’m babysitting my two granddaughters as one of them is sick and didn’t go to summer school while I usually babysit the other on Mondays. I woke up early to cook then went to mass and at 7.45 am I was at my daughter s flat to babysit. When she comes from work I’ll head home to another village in Gozo.

Onwards and downwards, have a great Monday everyone.

Day 23 – UK Reading – FD

A quick post today, 1kg on over the weekend (duh) so back to it today>

Joining the pocket list for today:
    @coda
    @anna6
    @ktcaroline

Day 23 North Wales FD

@coda
    @anna6
    @ktcaroline
    @molij

Have a good day everyone x

Day 23 London UK
    @coda
    @anna6
    @ktcaroline
    @molij
    @emma-taylor

It’s hot isn’t it? Yorkshire was a bit more do-able but it’s sweltering down here. H

Day 23 London UK FD

I love it when Mondays fly by, it’s almost 1pm here and I have managed to stick to water only so far. Will have a 20 cal miso before I head out for a walk. I love saving as many cals for a full plate in the evening. Have found myself not craving unhealthy food for my one meal on FDs. Funnily though, I do want the unhealthy stuff on NFDs, especially rice and bread and cereal and basically anything that is a carb!

@merryapple (and @slacknz ) – congrats on the NZ wins at the Rugby Sevens! I hope you are having a mild winter in Auckland. NZ has a very special place in my heart. I lived in Auckland for a year in my late twenties and had some of the best and most carefree times of my life there. Initially I lived in beautiful Devonport and have fond memories of catching the ferry over to the city for nights out. But spending time camping and fishing in the Coromandel was a particular fave. Ah, feeling nostalgic!

@emma-taylor It sure is sweltering! Thank goodness there is aircon in the office. Home is like a sauna at the moment. Our night was sleepless – toddler had a very restless night despite having the fan on all night. Today I feel like a zombie.

I had a good FD yesterday, despite almost giving in to my greed as I was feeling a tad low at times. Glad I resisted. Had the most delicious and huge salad for supper – salad leaves, tuna, chickpea, bulgar wheat, cherry tomatoes, chilli peppers, red onion, green olives, a few cubes of manchego cheese, lots of fresh herbs from my terrace (coriander, chives and mint). I used the oil from the olives as a dressing and added some balsamic – it was divine!

This morning showed another drop in weight and so another step closer to goal weight. Just 1.3kg to go. I still have a tummy that needs serious toning but I think this will only improve with exercise.

Back in the office today and yesterday’s Sunday blues are no more. I don’t know why I have this feeling on Sundays. I love my job and work with a great team, when I’m here I genuinely am happy. It’s such an ingrained feeling that I would love to get rid off as it really does ruin Sunday evenings when it hits. Does anyone else have this?

Adding myself to pocket list
    @coda
    @anna6
    @ktcaroline
    @molij
    @emma-taylor
    @beedoo

LET’S DO THIS!

Day 23 Stevensville Maryland USA CFD

Haven’t had time to post the past 2 days. Everyone was on my mind though. Very busy weekend I did manage to stay under my TDEE’s and feeling great about that. Will have time later in the day to ready all the post and see how everyone is doing.

Yesterday was a very exciting day for me. I booked my flight and hotel room for a 5 day stay at Sedona AZ for a spiritual retreat with a long time friend. I can’t wait.

@coda
    @anna6
    @ktcaroline
    @molij
    @emma-taylor
    @beedoo
    @diana123

Well back to work after taking Friday off. With a new day, comes strength and new thoughts. Enjoy you Monday everyone.

hello all – day 23 NI fast day number 1

So far so good – a cup of coffee with splash of milk, cup of bone broth, and a small portion of salad leaves with cider vinegar – I have some more bone broth ready and waiting if I feel the need and some kefir which I will take a glug of before I do my next run of couch 2 5k after work. I am also going to go along to a running club which do strength and conditioning on Mondays and Wednesdays which I will hope will assist in my running. If I can stay out of the kitchen when I get home I’ll be a winner.
    I always found after doing b2b2b’s it was the days afterwards that seemed to knock me for 6 and I said I wouldn’t do them again – yet here I am lol needs must. Not sure if it’s the mindset or what but I will be watching my thoughts and actions carefully but hoping because I am more active Monday – Wednesday this will help load up my optimal basket for the rest of the week.

@beedoo – I wonder is it the mind preparing for the week ahead – on Sunday evening, especially before I go to sleep I also start thinking of what needs done in work and can say at that point I don’t relish the thought at all – but once here you just get on with it.

@anna6 I’m holding tightly onto your hand on these b2b2b’s

@coda
    @anna6
    @ktcaroline
    @molij
    @emma-taylor
    @beedoo
    @diana123
    @merryapple

Day 23 UK CD/FD?

Pretty wiped after overdoing things at the weekend, but everything I did was wonderfully balancing, connecting or serving so no regrets at all. My lung is not happy and needs some gentler pacing this week so I’ll be resting and catching up with myself today with a little planning ahead for the week. Aiming for a very gentle version of a normal week this week, half the usual levels of activity and lots of rest. So glad to be processing and settling the emotional pain of last week, getting my head around what happened and finding better ways forward.

145lbs this morning, still down 5lbs for July and only 1lb up from my post-hospital low. My guts are a bit all over the place atm, not sure if I’ve picked up a bug or simply not happy following all the recent medication. I’m going to restart this WOL gently with a CD under 1000 calories and see how i go – if it’s under 800 i’ll take it as a FD. Adding myself to the list for external accountability 🙂

@shinything @beedoo @rainbowsmile @at @debster251 thank you for your lovely messages xx
    @missybear how exciting that you are getting married next month – and delighted you found your perfect dress on a sale rale!
    @rainbowsmile your poo musings were so interesting – thanks for sharing!
    @diana123 how wonderful that you’ve booked a retreat alongside a good friend, lovely thing to be looking forward to
    @annemarilyn good luck with the move
    @debster251 delighted to read about all your new clothes – you’ve earned them!

Today’s Pocket List with gaps filled in – add yourself if you’re fasting…
    @merryapple
    @arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @strawberriesandcream
    @coda
    @anna6
    @ktcaroline
    @molij
    @emma-taylor
    @beedoo
    @diana123
    @michelinme ?or CD

Day 23, FD, US

I definitely get the Sunday blues @beedoo. However, unlike you, I don’t enjoy my work. My colleagues are fine but I am underutilised in my role and frustrated as a result. Oh well; it pays the bills.

Have been struggling find my rhythm lately, with negative self-talking winning more often than not. I only got one FD under my belt last week, and have (probably) been over TDEE on NFDs.

Here’s my current inspirational quote from CS Lewis: You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.

2nd post

I had a look at my tracker on this site…..just realised that today is my first anniversary for this fast diet. I remember last year deciding to see how long I could go without food and was shocked that I lasted 18 hours without dying of starvation 😆

I have a little devil on my shoulder right now whispering rude things about wine….it’s my FD so MUST ignore him 😡

Day 23 North Canton OH.

I am back and in need of some serious B2B FDs. I did not have the courage to step on the scale because I gave in to every temptation out there… and then some. and it shows too – oh boy. Well back to basics, I have some serious work to do. Will catch up on posts later, I missed you guys.

Day 23 Bristol hotel NFD

Hot and exhausted, traveling and shopping. Eating controlled so far but will soon be going to restaurant for dinner, in this heatwave I will probably only want salad but there may be a cheeky glass of red so a FD today unlikely. Hoping tomorrow’s appointment with surgeon about my legs will be the last, I don’t enjoy these trips to Bristol.

@metatauta wedding is 23 August, a Thursday but it won’t be a FD 😃

Keep strong you Monday fasters.

Day 23 Belfast FD
    @missybear – many congratulations on your wedding. I m sure you’ll let us know the exact date nearer the time but have a wonderful day!
    @coda thank you – it took long enough! Really enjoyed your post. Thank you. Here’s the link to the site I used (the sale was timely – I got a couple of great bargains!). https://www.romanoriginals.co.uk
    @songbirdme – I’m sure your heart was bursting. So glad you had a great day.
    @daffodil – was wearing one today and an old friend turned up – I only saw her a couple of months ago – but she was awash with praise for my weight loss!?? It only goes to show how the scales are fickle!
    @EmmaTaylor it was 26 degrees here this morning (its clouded over now) but London must be unbearable at 33!
    @beedoo – one of the advantages of retirement is no Sunday night blues. Conversely there is no Friday it’s the weekend elation!
    Love your quote @penz

Adding myself to the pocket list even though the day’s half over. Keeping strong 💪
    Today’s Pocket List with gaps filled in – add yourself if you’re fasting…
    @merryapple
    @arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @strawberriesandcream
    @coda
    @anna6
    @ktcaroline
    @molij
    @emma-taylor
    @beedoo
    @diana123
    @michelinme ?or CD
    @debster251

Onwards and downwards

Day 23, UK, NFD

It was supposed to be my FD today, but I decided it will just be a CD. I just didn’t feel right fasting today as I felt like its a hard work. I don’t want it to be hard work, or to feel that way, so its better to take a mini break. I might try and reduce my FDs to one per week for the time being and see if that helps.

@rainbowsmile you are most welcome x

@slacknz you can do it 😎 , and good luck 😀

@annemarilyn good that your car is fixed, thats always a relief 😃 , sorry to hear your mum is still in hospital though, that must be so stressful, that they don’t know whats going on 🙁 . I hope she gets better soon.

@arelkade glad to hear you are ok and see you posting x

@diana123 wow nice! spiritual retreat with girlfriends sounds fab 😊

@michelinme been wondering how you are doing, glad to hear you are getting better, but you must be careful and take it easy still x

@daffodil2010 happy first anniversary for this fast diet 💃 , and I think your little devil is visiting me too, whispering rude things about wine, must be ignored 😡

Welcome back @basyjames , we missed you too 🤗

@missybear congrats on your wedding date, that is so romantic! 😊

We must carry on and stay the course, together 💪

Day 23, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Checking in. Have to read posts later.
    Hope everyone is doing well. 😊🌼🌻

USA Day 23 FD

Debster251: Just checked out that link you posted. There are some really pretty things on it!

Just checking in but read all the posts! Summer is getting away from me, so I put a temporary stay on my exercising. I really needed a break and am always in need of a getaway! I am still carrying on with this WOL! I can’t put that on hold, so today is a FD, since I have nothing planned for today! Hope everyone is having a great day and congratulations, MissyBear on your upcoming wedding! 🙂

2nd post

Coda I’ll hold your hand and together we can do it. Fasted today at 650 calories. I had baked sea bass with tomatoes and capers plus a simple salad made with lettuce, tomatoes and balsamic glaze. Then this evening a simple salad again with 250g ricotta cheese. I also had one small fig and one teaspoon of honey with warm water.

Day 23 UK NFD

Day 22 Liquid FD

Sorry I haven’t checked in for a few days. Thank you for all your kind words. Luckily the baby is on the mend now and is finally eating and starting to be cheeky again.

I wasn’t planning on it but I got several workouts done today and I feel great for it. 😁

See you all tomorrow.

Day 23 – UK – FD
    Day 22 – NFD 😈

Had a busy weekend and over indulged somewhat yesterday and felt the need for a liquid only FD today so firmly pressed my RESET button!
    Did a 1hr Pilates class this afternoon and 90mins of Yoga this evening – drank lots of water but did have a semi skimmed latte this afternoon total calories for the day 90cals – feeling strong!

@debster251 – what a lovely dilemma to have – enjoy choosing! Sometimes we do some meditation but not usually – I enjoy doing some at home
    @emma Taylor – sounds like a great family get together – you are lucky to have this!
    @missybear – congratulations to you and your OH 💑 so happy for you that you found the perfect dress
    @coda – thank you for sharing that post – very interesting – Since finding this WOL I have never given up anything completely just don’t have it as much or as often as I did before so have never felt deprived!
    @songbirdme – so happy for you and your daughter that the wedding went off fabulously well
    @merryapple @slacknz – great news for NZ Rugby success for the men too – the first men’s side to win consecutive Rugby World Cup Sevens titles 🏆
    @annemarilyn – sorry to hear your mum is still in hospital and that they are not any nearer to a diagnosis sending you a big hug x
    @slacknz – you have got this and before you know it your OH will be on his way back!
    @beedoo – congratulations on getting so close to your goal – you can do this 👍
    @michelinme – good to hear that you are moving forward in your recovery – slow and sure does it x
    @basyjames – great to have you back and to hear that your vacation went well – you know what you need to do – get on that wagon and we will pull you forward on the right path

Adding myself to the pocket list even though the day’s nearly over and I’ll be heading to bed once I have posted here

Today’s Pocket List – add yourself if you’re fasting…
    @merryapple
    @arelkade
    @daffodil2010
    @strawberriesandcream
    @coda
    @anna6
    @ktcaroline
    @molij
    @emma-taylor
    @beedoo
    @diana123
    @michelinme ?or CD
    @debster251
    @at

Anyone out there struggling – stay strong and positive – you will get there!!! We all have different paths to the end goal – “You cannot change yesterday but you can change today and tomorrow!”
    REMEMBER NON SCALE VICTORIES:
    Clothes fit better
    More energy
    Improved endurance
    Sleep quality
    Fewer cravings
    Feel healthier

8 more days to go after today……..Time enough to make a difference…………

Day 23 USA (Illinois – home now) NFD

Yesterday’s CD was about 900 calories which was great after all the wine, wedding cake, etc. from the previous days. Will get on my home “Cruella” in the morning, but really think I did pretty well the week I was gone for wedding and festivities. It was great being with our own family and making new family with the in-laws.

Thank you all so much for the kind wishes for our daughter and the wedding. Facebook is flooded with photos of family, daughters singing, kids dancing, beautiful setting, and wonderful friends. It is marvelous to read greetings from so many!

Will get back in the swing of home activities in a hurry though.

Onward and downward.

USA Day 23 FD

Ended my FD at 647 calories, which for me is good! I can’t go down to 500 calories or I feel ill, so this is my goal! Tomorrow will be a NFD! Have a great evening, everyone!

Day 23 London UK NFD

Quick log in case I don’t get a chance later. Yesterday turned into a NFD in the end as I couldn’t say no to a gin and tonic which turned into four! Still managed to stay around the TDEE mark. Slight increase this morning of 0.3kg and today is definitely a NFD as seeing a friend out for dinner tonight. Going to try to keep away from scales tomorrow and will do a couple of FDs later on week to try and reign myself back in! Good luck for today everyone. You’ve got this!

Day 24 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

I ignored the wine devil on my FD last night and instead drank lots of water with my spinach omelette dinner. Once I get dinner out of the way I no longer crave wine. Years and years of wine at dinner still needs to be trained out.

@shinything I hope you too were able to prevail. You are going through a bit of a mojo slump at the moment and my heart goes out to you. Take your time, do what needs to be done, but this WOL, and this gang of people will be here cheering you on. Seems most of us go through “the slump”…it’s not a good time ☹️.I am still praying for that Whoosh Fairy to visit you.

@at Those non scale victories are super important, thanks for reminding. We can get so caught up in that darn number!

In the spirit of my first year anniversary I want to share my stats….
    24th July 2017
    Weight: 162.5lbs
    Waist: 42″ 😱
    BMI: 29.6
    Neck: 14″

24th July 2018
    Weight: 128.5lbs
    Waist: 31″
    BMI: 23.5
    Neck: 11″

My skin is clearer, I no longer suffer from burning guts, I no longer have irritable bowel, I rarely suffer panic attacks and anxiety, self confidence has increased. It’s great to be slim and enjoying life again 💃

Wishing each of you a wonderful day.

Day 24 Belfast NFD

@sarahbob I’m so glad your kettle one is on the mend
    @at thank you for reminding us that the scales aren’t the end all and be all of this WOL.
    @daffodil2010 those stats are truly impressive, particularly your waist measurements. Well done you!

Remember: “The best investment you can make is in yourself”

Day 24, Guildford UK, FD

@sarahbob may your special one keep on getting better
    @basyjames lovely to have to back even if it is because of Cruella
    @beedoo at least G&T is low carb!
    @daffodil2010 I bow to your prowess! WoW
    @ccco that feeling of weird was one I used to get when I cut cals to 500 and I couldn’t WFD. I came to understand that it was because I wasn’t fat adapted. I wasn’t going into gluconeogenesis I was still burning carbs, when the carbs were cut and I forced my body to burn fat suddenly that went way. Now I can WFD b2b. No weirdies.

Feeling hot today, and not in that way….

Mari

FD – it is very hot so should be ok just having liquids

had my 2nd biopsy today – 1 week wait for results. I am learning to develop a patience and refocus.

Hello all from NI day 24 Fast day part 2

Got absolutely soaked through last night while doing my run so didn’t go on to the running club, will do that on Wednesday but maybe won’t do a run before hand as my ankles are a bit sore. Food intake was good even when I got home – one nectarine after the remains of my bone broth and I pinched 2 small pieces of sausage and 2 bits of chorizo from the dinner my son made to help me stay away from temptation. estimating at about 400 so my optimal basket is looking better already.

@anna6 – still holding tight to your hand

@daffodil2010 – very impressive – be very proud of yourself as must you @debster251 – there was time we were on a par and just look how well you have done. I’m determined to catch up with you.

@at – thank you for being you an inspiration to us all as are the others who have reached maintenance and are still with us on these challenges – thank you x

@purplevilet – hugs and thinking of you with positive thoughts x

Day 24, UK, NFD

Until I succumbed to 2 chocolate digestives at G&S rehearsal last night, yesterday’s FD was going really well. I may have squeezed in under 800 cals, so I’m not going to worry too much.

I’m woefully behind on responding to posts – but read each and every one as they pop through on my phone.

So glad to hear your daughter’s wedding went so well @songbirdme.
    Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage @missybear.
    @debster251, glad to hear ‘Roman’s Originals’ are still coming up trumps with lovely dresses. I discovered them 3 years ago and love the way their clothes travel without creasing.
    Good to hear from you @annemarilyn – hope you’re winning your battle with stress.
    I may well have missed something from @bert1802 – but thinking of you and hoping you’re still on that wagon with me. Otherwise who the heck’s driving?!!
    @slacknz – 3.5 weeks will fly by – hope your Husband took any dragon snacks away with him to Spain, leaving you with a healthy larder to see you through.
    @rainbowsmile – Did you get any exam results yet – or maybe I’ve already missed them? All your poo findings & reports have got me thinking how much weight I could lose with a quick colonic…. Only joking….well maybe not……have always been curious……..
    Surely you must be home from holiday by now @flourbaby??? Sorry if you’ve popped in and I missed you.
    Great and timely post about baskets @coda. That’s a strategy that has been helping me though the last few weeks.
    @shinything – I don’t think I’ve seen 54kg since I was about 9 years old. Has your body arrived at where it ought to be perhaps?
    @purplevilet – Thinking of you – stay strong.
    @fatfingers & @Stichincarol – I have hunted back to find your comments about loose skin and cannot find them. What day was the post please?
    @EmmaTaylor – I have finally ended in a place where the horror of what I was doing to myself is never going to fade in my memory. Thank you for being a constant source of inspiration.
    @daffodil2010 – Fantastic results and you’re certainly winning the battles with your dragons. I guess the more you win, the easier it is the next time?
    @michelinme – good to hear you are on the mend – and taking it slow and easy.
    @at – yay for non-scale victories!!!
    @metatauta – I’m sure I saw a post from you but can’t find it now. Hope you’re having a good week?

Have a good Tuesday friends.

Day 24, UK, NFD

Its so hot here, my poor garden looks very brown even though I keep watering it 😰 . Its been an ok day eating wise so far, but its early. It will be ok though, I’m off to work in a minute and I know I will be busy 🙂

@daffodil2010 thank you for the encouragement, it really helps 🤗 , and wow! Look at your stats! How impressive is that! You are an inspiration 😎

@debster251 “sarahbob I’m so glad your kettle one is on the mend” – was that an autocorrect and you meant “little one” ? so funny 😂

@purplevilet sending you a virtual hug and positive energy 🤗, hang in there!

@Strawberriesandcream my normal weight is/has been for years around 50kg. I put on over a stone when I had health problems and my thyroid removed over 1.5 years ago, trying to get back where I was before, it would help me not just physically but mentally as well 🙂

Have a great day everyone 🌻

Second post
    Oops sorry @sarahbob that should read ‘little’ not ‘kettle’ lol!
    @purplevilet stay strong! We’re here for you.
    @coda – your praise has made me feel so good. Thank you. I had set a goal of 10 stone, which @. 5’6” would have set me right in the middle of the healthy BMI range. However, at 10 st 4lbs I realised that I’m thin enough (except for that 32.5” waist – yes it has gone down a bit). So I’ve taken the pressure off myself. (What’s 4lbs between friends anyway?!) My goal is to continue to work at my sugar addiction, which I think is a lifetime project and as I win that battle I think my waist will reduce. It’s taken 2 1/2 years to get here so definitely the tortoise club. But you WILL get there. As they say, ‘you haven’t come this far to only come this far’. Your commitment to the couch to 5K is amazing, so if you can do that, you can do anything. As you have pointed out so many times… be kind to yourself. This a life journey not a race and yes, you WILL get there. You’re halfway at least already. 💪
    @strawberriesandcream your posts are oozing with positivity. You’re doing so well. 👍

Well, off for that haircut and the new me!

Day 24 North canton OH

Its a fast day Yay! I was able to fast yesterday too and I am easing into exercise as well.
    Thank you for the warm welcome back my friends.
    @daffodil2010 and @debster251 congrats! Impressive job
    I want to congratulate everyone who is keeping on with this lifestyle, you are so worth it and doing something good for yourself. This is such a way of life now, and I am thankful for it.

Day 24 USA (Illinois) NFD

Still at maintenance, even on my own Cruella here at home.Yeah for that! See how this works to enjoy times of celebration and still maintain? I love it!

@daffodil2010 and @debster251 — wow! You are perfect testimonials to this WOL, and even to this support group. I am ever so glad I found 5:2 and @coda doing the first challenge I joined.

Onward and downward.

Day 24, CFD, US

I had initially wanted to do a B2B but yesteday’s FD was a struggle for me. I prefer to do LFDs but yesterday probably had about 600 calories in snacks as I felt so hungry. Today I’m planning on a chicken salad for lunch. We’re off to the movies tonight so will be able to skip dinner. Need to recommit to myself big time!

Day 24, Gozo, Malta, fd

I’ve already consumed 500 calories. I’ll eat three peaches this evening and that’s it. I’m still holding to your hand @coda.

My granddaughters are sleeping 💤 with us tonight.

This morning after yesterday s fast day I’m up by .5 kilo. I’m 67.4 kilos.

Onwards and downwards, stay strong everyone fasting or maintaining.

Day 24, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

@rainbowsmile: Thank you for the birthday wishes. Very interesting report on poo!

@songbirdme: Glad you had a great day at the wedding if your daughter!

@missybear: Congratulations! Exciting times!

Off hiking in a bit. This has been a long weekend and a staycation. Today is Pioneer Day and DH is off work. He took of yesterday so we could have a 4 day mini staycation!

Have a good Tuesday everyone!😊🐞🦋🌼🌺

Day 24 Bristol hotel NFD

Thanks for the messages of congratulations, I am a happy bunny 😍

All went well with my varicose veins treatment this morning but the surgeon cautioned that I won’t see full results until they are fully healed which will take a few months…….lucky that my dress for the wedding is a floor sweeper! I was instructed to walk after the injections, and I have walked for miles and drunk lots of water so I’m hoping that will be some compensation for not fasting yesterday. Travelling home tomorrow so I will be fasting on Thursday as usual.

Keep strong Tuesday fasters.

USA Day 24 NFD

Having a little trouble posting!! Summer doesn’t leave me much time in front of a computer! LOL In any case, yesterday’s FD went well and tomorrow will be another FD. Hope everyone is doing well today.

2nd post – thank you @debster251 for your vote of confidence – I’ll do my best and just be honest with myself x

Day 24 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

I with you @songbirdme I had a cheat eat all day Saturday with beer too. And my Happy Scale App has not budged. I am so grateful I found this WOL. I never thought I could fast for 16 hours let alone 66 hours. I love how I look and feel these days.

I am rewarding myself at the end of October, I have purchased plane tickets, rented a car and a beautiful hotel in Sedona AZ and have booked a seat for a 3 day spiritual retreat with three dear friends. I am so excited. Just pray my DH can handle his mother while I am away. I must say I have spoiled her a bit.

Becoming healthy is the best decision I ever made. Have a great Tuesday everyone and thank you for showing up, it really helps me knowing I am not alone.

Day 24 UK NFD

Just a quick one to keep me honest. 144lbs this morning, 6lbs down on the month. I’m not trying to lose weight this month now I’ve been ill and lost some unexpectedly. Instead aiming to get back in the swing and build myself up to better health with the odd CD and perhaps a FD, keeping carbs down and my usual avoiding of sugar, beer and stuff that my body doesn’t appreciate.

It’s been 33C today and I’m hot and tired, struggling for energy and breath. I keep forgetting to use magnesium oil at night and then wake up several times in the night. Otherwise every time I use it i’m out like a light and sleep through, even with the early morning sunshine.

Seriously tired, and travelling out of town tomorrow afternoon/evening for an event – to city that will drop to a wonderful 20C in the evening – yay! Heading for evening chores and bed asap.

@daffodil2010 congratulations on your anniversary – and on amazing results!
    @basyjames welcome back! we’ve missed you.
    @bert1802 hope all’s going well
    @diana123 loving your quotes
    @at great reminder of non-scale benefits of this WOL, thank you

Day 23 – USA – NFD
    Day 24 – USA – FD

Going to make today a FD, aiming for 500 cals.

Day 25 CD NZ
    2nd wk in a row I’m still up. First wk I gained 700g and this wk i have lost 500g of it but still up 200g. Weird. Think my clothes are fitting better though..
    My measurements are improving slowly.
    Might stick to high protein today..
    Is is common to plateau in first month?

Day 25 Auckland CD

Wow! I have been reading interesting posts on all fronts – especially the poo post! So many to congratulate on their personal successes…
    @daffodil2010 it’s great to see your anniversary / journey summed up by numbers then think if I hang in there that can be me too!

Still working crazy hours to get a publication and exhibition in the bag for London before the UK galleries close on Friday for their summer holidays. Did manage to sneak in the Rugby Sevens Finals!!

@beedoo the appartment we’re in overlooks the Ferry Building. Macintosh the Westie and I spend a lot of time walking around where you would have been out and about having fun!

That’s interesting. I’ve lost half my post this time…

I had a small woosh so I’m down to 80.6kg. Can I break into the 79s before the end of the month? Watch this space 🤐!

@slacknz I lost 700gms only in my second month. Have a look at what you’re doing and refocus. I do a daily weigh and keep a food diary where I write notes to self to keep focused. I don’t record amounts or count calories. I do 5:2 FDs on Monday and Thursday and don’t eat after 9pm. Like Nike, Just Do It! But do what works for you! Hope this helps.

Stay Strong Everyone!

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 810 total)

You must be logged in to reply.