July 2017 31 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2017 31 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,994 replies, has 126 voices, and was last updated by  Chitown Gal 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 1,996 total)

• Wow there is a lot of fasting going on! I wish everyone the best of luck in making the fast really count!

@dykask
    @liathanail
    @big_bill
    @lynned
    @primrosenz
    @jmh44
    @brightonbelle
    @debster
    @xrox
    @msraven
    @bigviking
    @strawberriesandcream (1st of B2B)
    @rahul1905
    @clairebear12
    @safarigirl
    @taraga
    @yolina
    @lumat
    @mila69

Day 3 – UK – FD

I’m one of the Monday fasters – no idea how to add myself to the list though!!!

Day 3…… Florida…..FD

Yesterday, turned out to be what it was. Today, is day One of my crazy schedule, this week.
    This week since it’s an odd one, I’m going to try and climb down, plateau mountain. Instead of planning for the week, I’m going only plan for the day.
    Goals today
    More water
    500 calories!

That’s it
    I think I can manage two objectives!

At any given time the urge to sing “the lion sleeps tonight is just a whim away, a whim away, a whim away!

Day 3, Belfast, NFD
    Day 2, Belfast, NFD
    Day 1, Belfast, NFD

Going to start my July 5:2 with a fast day tomorrow.
    Good luck everybody who’s fasting today!!

Day 3 – Cumbria UK – FD

I have a pilates class this afternoon and then my usual yoga class this evening – I find that these keep me focused for a Monday FD.

Plan for today is to drink lots of water and cups of tea with a dash of skimmed milk and then having some homemade raspberry kefir before bed.

@califdreamer – Thank you – my yoga classes does not involve anything like goats/cats or otherwise and I agree with you as I cannot imagine coping with a hot yoga class!!! my teacher varies her classes from week to week, focusing on different themes, asana or muscle groups and I love it
    @ciren2 – I’m sure that you will look fabulous πŸ‘—at your daughter’s graduation πŸ‘©β€πŸŽ“ be kind to yourself and enjoy
    @fatteacher – maintenance is about keeping going – “you were brave enough to start so you are strong enough to continue with this WOL”
    @lisalily82 and @liathanail – You are so right “it’s not a race but a journey – your journey at your pace!”
    @dellanic – you just copy and paste the list onto your post then add your name at the bottom of the list – I have added you to today’s list x

Welcome to those still joining us in this first week @mehri52 @clairebear12 @twinmam (As you have said you are fasting today I have added you to the list for support) – it’s never too late to take that first step that will change your life for the better!

3rd Day Fasters – I have taken the liberty of adding anyone so far who have stated their intention to fast today – anyone else joining? TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER – Copy and paste and add to your post if you are fasting today
    @dykask
    @liathanail
    @mehri52
    @elkster
    @big_bill
    @sirisan (1st of B2B)
    @lynzm
    @lynned
    @primrosenz
    @jmh44
    @brightonbelle
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver
    @debster251
    @xrox
    @msraven
    @bigviking
    @laurealice
    @rahul1905
    @clairebear12
    @safarigirl
    @taraga
    @yolina
    @lumat
    @mila69
    @twinmam
    @bert1802
    @at

“Motivation is what gets you started; Habit is what keeps you going”

Day 3, London UK, FD
    A new start. I reached my goal holiday weight at the start of June; but have put on 7lbs while on holiday and have only managed to loose 1lb since then. So I’m determined to really give it a go again. My aim is to have the 7lbs (and several inches) I put on while on holiday back off again in 6 weeks (that’s only 1lb a week, surely I can do that?) That will give me almost 5 months to reach my next goal – another half a stone by Christmas.

Day 3 UK FD

Planning FD today and possibly tomorrow. Have had a walk, green salad lunch and am now settling down to watch Andy Murray at Wimbledon so plenty of exercise there jumping up and down!!!

Day 3 Birmingham UK, FD
    My first ever FD. Boy this is difficult…..feel a bit lame as I feel like I’m struggling with the fast. Trying to keep going…..
    Woke at 6am, had a panic regarding the day ahead but took a few deep breaths and carried on.
    Had tea, lots of water and now having some miso soup (about 45cal). Will have the rest of my cals at dinner this evening.
    Physical symptoms: a bit weak and wobbly (sorry for the political soundbite) but sorts itself out once I have some tea. Soup is helping with electrolyte replacement.
    Can’t believe how much my life revolves around food, really not good. This will be an exercise in being more mindful in general about food and life.
    Really helping reading your posts everyone, very encouraging and supportive, glad I signed up.
    Have a good day πŸ™‚

Day 3 USA-WA
    Beautiful day here today. Planning to do a lot of gardening. What is the 30 Day Shred?
    3rd Day Fasters – I have taken the liberty of adding anyone so far who have stated their intention to fast today – anyone else joining? TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER – Copy and paste and add to your post if you are fasting today
    @dykask
    @liathanail
    @mehri52
    @elkster
    @big_bill
    @sirisan (1st of B2B)
    @lynzm
    @lynned
    @primrosenz
    @jmh44
    @brightonbelle
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver
    @debster251
    @xrox
    @msraven
    @bigviking
    @laurealice
    @rahul1905
    @clairebear12
    @safarigirl
    @taraga
    @yolina
    @lumat
    @mila69
    @twinmam
    @bert1802
    @at
    @krisnia

Day 3, Rocky Mountains, US, BSD 800 cals

Hi all,

Yesterday turned from a NFD/CD into a BSD 800 cals. So I stick with it today as well. Fasting again since 4pm yesterday. Food window will be 1 to 4pm.

Have a great Monday! Good luck to all the fasters! 😊😊😊

Hello day 3 UK Co Down FD

Right I have been playing about with the spreadsheet – fingers crossed but hopefully this will be the link for July. If it works please update your details if you wish to use it. I will still be doing a roll call on my own personal spreadsheet but not taking note if its a FD or NFD only if you are checking in.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FfDq5-c4sKYfhPv7snoyTcMfPFVO68EoffboO_mf9a8/edit?ts=59569c66#gid=0
    Fingers crossed – if not HELP @strawberriesandcream

Day 1,2,3 – πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§- NFDs

@belfastsink I’m with you with first FD tomorrow!!! Good luck to all – so many have already made a fab start to July!

@ strawberriesandcream – thanks for hosting June’s challenge, didn’t get chance to say on previous thread – the month passed so quickly!

As previously mentioned – June was a challenge too many socials! Looking forward to more control in July especially as I’ll be wearing a πŸ‘™ in the August β˜€οΈ A good motivator 😎

Well it seems to have worked – Don’t worry if your name does not appear and you have joined up since yesterday as I have what looks like a few pages of posts to catch up on. The above spreadsheet is for you to update as you see fit, if there are any errors feel free to correct them. If anyone is unsure how to update give a shout and I or some of the others will update/advise the spreadsheet for you. It is very user friendly (usually) and should update without you needing to save it. Caution make sure you are only updating your own details. You can bookmark this spreadsheet so you have it to come back to – saves hunting for it through lots of posts

Day 3, Wales UK, FD

Keeping busy and drinking lots of water. Good to know I’ve got company in this….

TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER – Copy and paste and add to your post if you are fasting today
    @dykask
    @liathanail
    @mehri52
    @elkster
    @big_bill
    @sirisan (1st of B2B)
    @lynzm
    @lynned
    @primrosenz
    @jmh44
    @brightonbelle
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver
    @debster251
    @xrox
    @msraven
    @bigviking
    @laurealice
    @rahul1905
    @clairebear12
    @safarigirl
    @taraga
    @yolina
    @lumat
    @mila69
    @twinmam
    @bert1802
    @at
    @krisnia
    @missybear

Day 1- Montreal – NFD
    Day 2-“”””””””””””- NFD
    Day 3-“”””””””””””- FD

me again – I have also kept a few names on the spreadsheet that I hadn’t heard from as yet but are usual posters. Hoping to hear from you soon.

@coda I get a prompt to request access to the spreadsheet, so perhaps the permissions have not copied across.

Hi Coda
    I’m also getting a prompt to request access to the spreadsheet.

@coda Same message for me for spreadsheet

Day 3: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Not sure how to get onto the shared spreadsheet. It says “sign in”….what?

Day 3 Akron OH FD. I’m trying to squeeze a FD into the extended weekend. Tried to do this yesterday but the family went out to eat and I wanted to participate. So today is it! Cos tomorrow will deff not work, we have a cookout planned for the 4th. But that is the beauty of this way of life.
    FD are a great way to seize control after the over indulgences of a vacay. Adding myself to the pocketeers today.
    TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER – Copy and paste and add to your post if you are fasting today
    @dykask
    @liathanail
    @mehri52
    @elkster
    @big_bill
    @sirisan (1st of B2B)
    @lynzm
    @lynned
    @primrosenz
    @jmh44
    @brightonbelle
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver
    @debster251
    @xrox
    @msraven
    @bigviking
    @laurealice
    @rahul1905
    @clairebear12
    @safarigirl
    @taraga
    @yolina
    @lumat
    @mila69
    @twinmam
    @bert1802
    @at
    @krisnia
    @missybear
    @basyjames

Hi @coda re spreadsheet,
    I’m getting a message saying item not found or I do not have access to it. Had opened the previous spreadsheets using “Google sheets “. app on my iPad and worked ok. Sorry…..

Day 3 – USA (Illinois) – NFD

Welcome to the newbies and greetings to everyone. I’m one of the old-timers, age 69 and began these challenges 15 months ago! Ha ha! Maintenance is my game, but it isn’t always that easy. I’m managing a pretty good 6:1 routine with very controlled 6 days. That’s the only way I can keep at this. You all help immensely!

@lindasue – loved hearing about all your flowers! Phlox are so beautiful.

@steffieagle – your grandchildren arrived “with their parents!” Of course the grands are more important than our own children! It can be ever so different trying to feed 6 hungry mouths….

@lynzm – our scales (“Cruella” or others) don’t always give us what we need to see. I firmly believe after good workout days they are especially wrong as to what our bodies are doing. Hopefully you’ll experience the “whoosh” effect as well.

@paisleyfaster – join in at any time! Glad to have you!

Onward and downward.

Is it too late to join the July challenge?

Day 3, USA: Kansas, FD
    Today is my first FD of July- now I’ve been awake an hour mind you, but so far so good if you don’t count that a tree knocked our power out all morning. Thus I’m typing this before even a sip of my black coffee or tea. The power has been restored and so has my access to my morning beverage- I’m so relieved =)

@dykask
    @liathanail
    @mehri52
    @elkster
    @big_bill
    @sirisan (1st of B2B)
    @lynzm
    @lynned
    @primrosenz
    @jmh44
    @brightonbelle
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver
    @debster251
    @xrox
    @msraven
    @bigviking
    @laurealice
    @rahul1905
    @clairebear12
    @safarigirl
    @taraga
    @yolina
    @lumat
    @mila69
    @twinmam
    @bert1802
    @at
    @krisnia
    @missybear
    @basyjames
    @lisalily82

Day 3 California USA FD

Good morning everyone! Up a pound today after dinner out with friends last night, but not unexpected. Today is a FD for me and I see that I have lots of company!

@dykask
    @liathanail
    @mehri52
    @elkster
    @big_bill
    @sirisan (1st of B2B)
    @lynzm
    @lynned
    @primrosenz
    @jmh44
    @brightonbelle
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver
    @debster251
    @xrox
    @msraven
    @bigviking
    @laurealice
    @rahul1905
    @clairebear12
    @safarigirl
    @taraga
    @yolina
    @lumat
    @mila69
    @twinmam
    @bert1802
    @at
    @krisnia
    @missybear
    @basyjames
    @lisalily82
    @califdreamer

2nd post

Hi @coda – you need to click on the share button in the right hand top corner of the spreadsheet and follow instructions for sharing on this forum – hope this makes sense πŸ˜‰

Day 3 FD 1st of B2B St. Louis USA
    Hello everyone. Thank you @coda for hosting and welcome to newcomers. So wonderful to see our circle of health and wellness growing. I think of us much more in that manner, striving for health, wellness and strength, rather than simply losing weight.

@strawberries&cream. My fellow Monday Tuesday back to backer. Nice to see you. I have found the back to back fasting seems to give me the extra boost although I do allow myself up to 800 cal on my second back to back fast day. Wondering how it’s worked for you.

@californiadreamer. Ha ha! I teach yoga classes and I absolutely do not allow goats, dogs, cats, or beer in my classes. I guess it’s an option for some and maybe I’m old-fashioned but just not my thing

Best of luck all.

Just a comment. I know we are only asked to put our country but I enjoy seeing where in each country people are living. Just loving that connection with all of you, reaching out like a Web.

Hi folks, I’d like to join you on this challenge!

Day 3 Massachusetts USA FD 3rd time I’ve tried to post! My family had main meal mid-day so I did as well. Only 100 calories left for the day. I’ll have a small salad at dinner time. @coda I also could not access the spreadsheet with the link. Best to all!

@coda: EEK, sorry, it still doesn’t work….it says “view only” mode. Can’t write on it.

Day 3 McMinnville Oregon USA FD
    I had a good NFD day yesterday, within my TDEE.

@dykask
    @liathanail
    @mehri52
    @elkster
    @big_bill
    @sirisan (1st of B2B)
    @lynzm
    @lynned
    @primrosenz
    @jmh44
    @brightonbelle
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver
    @debster251
    @xrox
    @msraven
    @bigviking
    @laurealice
    @rahul1905
    @clairebear12
    @safarigirl
    @taraga
    @yolina
    @lumat
    @mila69
    @twinmam
    @bert1802
    @at
    @krisnia
    @missybear
    @basyjames
    @lisalily82
    @califdreamer
    @awilson

Day 3, Emden Germany (but I’m Dutch), NFD
    Day 1 and 2 also were NFD’s

@coda sorry, a little late this time, went away for the weekend. I’d love to join the challenge again.

Hi everyone, my journey so far:

I started January 2017 weighing 70,9 kg by cutting out sugar and most carbs. Started 5:2 at the beginning of February. Decided it was a bit lonely so joined the March Challenge. It worked well, I benefitted a lot from the good advice and support the others gave, there are a lot of carers and motivaters around here. If you have a bad day, someone will help you up.

Today’s weight 52,9 kg, so down 18kg, don’t plan to lose more. Plan to maintain at ~ 54 kg.

Just stick to the basics, this WOL (Way of Living) works. Good luck to all of you.

Try this
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FfDq5-c4sKYfhPv7snoyTcMfPFVO68EoffboO_mf9a8/edit?usp=sharing
    HELP!!!!!! @strawberriesandcream lol I can access and I can edit – what can I do so others can do likewise.

2nd post

Just in from a very satisfying 5 hours hard gardening and found a zillion requests for access to the spreadsheet on my phone. I have now authorised sharing for anyone with the link – please let me know if you are now able to access.

To clarify, the spreadsheet is sitting in my shared google drive – even though @coda has taken ownership of it this month.

Hi @Strawberriesandcream not able to access

Hello and welcome to the following who have all been added to my list if not the shared spreadsheet – waiting on feedback to see if it works but have sent an SOS to @strawberriesandcream lol
    Hbomb51
    Lumat – forgiven since you have come back. Don’t worry I understand how life get in the way.
    creamtea
    dellaNic – thanks for letting me know you may not post everyday. Can you post once a week?
    Julielulie2
    Mehri52
    Clairebear12
    ducks_d
    Big_bill
    Sirisan
    jmj44
    msraven
    paisleyfaster
    Rahul1905
    Twinmam
    Helenalee
    La Dolceviat
    Mama2two
    Snowflake
    Lovely to hear from you TTL – hopefully MJMJ finds her/his way

3rd post

My OH would say – “this is what you get for dabbling with the unknown” hahaha – he’s normally referring to the hoover or the iron or my 2nd fan oven…..

Anyway, 3rd time lucky – please try again to access the spreadsheet and let me know. Thanks.

@Strawberriesandcream I’m in. Thank you so much

3rd post

Woohoo – does that mean I’m now a techy genius?! Great – glad it’s worked at last….

@coda, @strawberriesandcream, the shared spreadsheet is working for me.

@Strawberriesandcream yes, you are! Tell your OH you did it and made us all happy! Thanks to @coda for putting us all on the spreadsheet.

@strawberriesandcream – thankyou!

@coda, @strawberriesandcream all working for me now too. Hopefully I filled it in right – are the day columns to track FD/NFD or weight or both? And is there a preferred format for measurements metric or imperial?

Sorry for all the questions!

Hi @coda

Success! Have managed to input my fasting days into the spreadsheet! Thanks…

2nd post🌈

I have eaten all my calories for my FD today, kitchen now closed.

Off to the gym to occupy me so I don’t think of food. Stopped eating at about 5.30pm, grazed my 500 cals from 12 to 5.30, usually I would have a dinner but didn’t resist the office nibbles. Determined to report in successful FD so I can have a NFD tomorrow. Gym also helps me increase my water intake. πŸ’¦πŸ‰.

If I stay strong the majority of my Fasting will be when I’m asleep. So if I hit the gym this will help that fat burn process and tire me out.

Hope all other fasters are having a successful day 🀘🏻

@strawberriesandcream

Thank you… spreadsheet now working fine!

July 2nd update

Yesterday I did NFD. I had to go to a bridal shower potluck. There were literally hundreds of snacks and desserts. I think I must have gone way over my calorie limit. I would try to do 3 FD this week to cover for this.

@strawberriesandcream I have updated the spreadsheet as well. Thanks!

Sabina

Day 3 FD. North Wales. Today has gone very well. I ate a small bowl of total zero yoghurt and strawberries for breakfast. Drank lots of water during the day. Ate half a portion of salmon for dinner with a green salad. Looking forward to a NFD tomorrow. πŸ˜€

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 1,996 total)

You must be logged in to reply.