July 2017 31 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2017 31 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,994 replies, has 126 voices, and was last updated by  Chitown Gal 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 1,996 total)

• Hello @at! Thanks for the mention! I was there but filling in the spreadsheet – couldn’t keep up with the posting but it’s lovely to be part of the community and dip in as and when I can.

My challenge over June was keeping a check on intake on NFDs and also keeping track on the second day of fasting in the week. Mondays were fine but Weds / Thu always tricky!

And I find I just have to eat small things rather than think of meals. So a couple of scrambled eggs in the morning, some veggie soup or green salad for lunch and fruit or some nuts to fill the hungry gaps as we head into the evening. Prepping and eating an evening meal of 300 cals is just too tricky for my cravings! I try to drink 4 pints of water a day and have 3 cups of decaf coffee or tea with skimmed milk to give some normality to the FD, so I give up 100 cals of my 500/600 cals there.

2nd post. Today has accidentally turned into a FD. Hopefully yesterday’s wine effect will have gone from the scales in the morning.

Day 2 North Wales NFD. Managed to eat mindfully today, fasting day tomorrow. Feeling positive. 😀

Day 2, USA: Kansas, NFD

Thank you to those who have encouraged me to stay put- it’s refreshing to find a community online that actually feels like it’s supportive. @liathanail , yes… one day we’ll get there too. I’m in no rush to get there- there are big changes going on in me. My glucose numbers are a reminder of that. Thank you @Ciren2- I was already eating low carb to try and improve my numbers, but the two FDs a week just seemed to really kick things into gear. For me it’s a winning combination.

I’m feeling a little overwhelmed and emotional over the support here- but the misty eyes are from a happy place not a sad one! Thank you all.

I shall be back tomorrow!

Day 2, Mountaintop PA USA, NFD

Our grandchildren ages 16, 14, 12 and 9 and their parents arrived or their summer vacation with us in the beautiful PA mountain country from Brooklyn, NY yesterday. The house is suddenly much more animated and the two pet cats George and Lulu are patrolling the yard and sleeping corners.

There is a whole new food operation here now with 6 extra hungry people. DH and I will enjoy our NFD’s with reasonable portions and move our fast days during the week according to the holidays or activities on the schedule.

The young family went for the day to a nearby state park with a clear pristine lake for swimming and sunning. I spent another 3 hours in my yard and vegetable garden laying newspaper mulch topped with compost. The garden chores are so much easier now that I am at my goal weight. Digging out the compost, loading it into he wheelbarrow and hauling it over to the garden was always a workout and now it is just another workout that feels good. The coming harvest will be all the sweeter.

July is my favorite month. The slower pace is a wonderful and I have lots of energy to enjoy my daily 4 mile mountain hike, golf and family activities.

Day 3 – Tokyo, Japan – FD … 83.8kg

Yesterday I didn’t post but I was hyped that I was only 82.9kg after a NFD. Today I’m almost back to where I was before my prior FD. Ugh … oh well that is just how it goes. Weight loss isn’t linear or consistent.

A little more exercise and a little more control on NFDs is called for.

Who is all going to fast on this Monday?

dykask

2nd post

I’m planning a fast day for Monday. Have my soup for a late as possible lunch and then a nice tuna steak and new potatoes for dinner. Finished off the wine from yesterday so no temptation sat in my fridge to sabotage me!

I even managed 30 minutes on my mini rebounder trampoline today to compensate for the glass of wine with dinner. I’m meant to do it every day to help with the lymphoedema I’ve been left with since my cancer treatment but I’m not always that good at making the effort. One of my targets for the July challenge is to make sure I do at least 5 sessions a week on the trampoline as it really does help combat the water retention when you are trying to shift some weight.

Hi Coda,
    Could you please add me in. Thanks for hosting the challenge @coda🙂

Hi Can I join please. Want to actually complete 5 2 never been able to do it past 2 weeks think this will help. Got about 50 pounds to loose. Will start my first fast day tomorrow. Be greatfull of any tips of foods to eat.

Female South wales UK.

Day 2, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD

Hello all, nice calm day here. Didn’t eat breakfast, ate a nice lunch after church, took a nap (which I rarely do but it felt nice). Wore a new, long, filmy dress to church – orange and lime paisley on a pink background – I felt very summery! When I first put it on, I thought – well I will have to suck in the tummy to wear this – but there is really no tummy left to suck in. Feels great and motivates me to stay the same size for when I wear it next time.

Went for a walk around the yard and checked all the perennial beds, the tall purple phlox bordered with black eyed susans and orange celosia was just filled with butterflies. And the scent was intoxicating. Gotta fill up the hummingbird feeders, fill the birdbath and hit the bike !

Glad to see so many July posters and never be afraid to post anything here, there is no judgment, no blame, no recrimination – just a bunch of fellow travelers along this road called life !

My best to you all.

Hi again 😉
    I forgot to mention . I’m female from U.K.
    I stared FD 4 weeks ago and I lost 2.1 kg . I think the challenge will help to watch out more to what we eat on NFD . Monday and Thursday are my FD days.
    So I’m ready to start from tomorrow . Let’s go;)

Day 2-NFD, Syracuse, NY

@Strawberriesandcream thanks for the encouragement. I think I will go back to 500cal on fast days. Do think I was hungrier in general. And I’m inspired by your name and the season and think I will get some of the last local strawberries for my FD tomorrow!

Hello Everyone! Day 2 NFD Canada. I think my fast days will be Monday and either Wednesday or Thursday just depending on the week. For the FD I will start with 800 calories. I know the loss will be slower but it will be steady and will be easier for me to commit My fitness goal is to do some fitness activity every day. I am at 133 lb and my goal for this month will be 128. My ultimate goal is between 115-120lb. Looking forward to the challenge

Hi Please count me in! 5 pages already phew!

67.5 kg / 157cm goal 60kg
    Brisbane

Day 1 NFD Daughter’s birthday dinner lots o’ food
    Day 2 FD no breakfast and went to a PUMP class – good day ~450cal
    Day 3 NFD

Day 2 – SW WA USA -NFD

Travel day – heading home from the ocean.
    Will weigh tomorrow for starting July weight.
    Looking forward to catching up on posts.

Day 3, Sydney Australia, FD

Beautiful crisp winter’s day in Sydney. Last month (June) my goal was to lose 6 kg and I achieved that. This month I aim to lose 4 kg.

Starting weight this month: 132 kg.

I had an early lunch today: about 250g of steamed broccoli with a slice of vintage cheese melted over the top. A little under 200 calories. My plan is to hit the gym at lunchtime and maybe have some soup in the afternoon.

My weight loss stalled over the second half of June after losing 5 kilos in the first 2 weeks and then 1 kilo over the following 2 weeks. Then over the weekend, the first 2 days of July, I really overate with a lot of rich food and sweet food, but still lost about half a kilo! Just goes to show that we shouldn’t get too fixated with the number on the scale.

Day 1 NFD St. Louis USA
    Day 2 NFD St. Louis USA
    Weighed on Day 1 scale said 134.8. Goal is 132
    As I begin this journey with the March challenge weighing in at 148.6, I am very pleased with the progress so far. I have added more weight training using kettle bells and doing my best to walk daily as well as continuing a yoga practice. I’ve lost an inch and a half of my waist and an inch of my bottom. don’t want to lose my momentum and I love reading all of your posts.

Even though I don’t respond to a lot of them, it makes me smile and feel so connected to a large community of people who are striving for good health and wellness.

Please may I join July challenge? Need to catch up on post and go back and post for yesterday. I injured my bicep in my right arm and using that hand a lot aggravates it. Is put a cramp, pun intended, in my social media lifestyle. I am going back to read and catch up.

Just saw that @coda is hosting July. Thank you so much.

All my best to all of you.

2d post
    St. Louis USA
    i’ll be following my usual routine with Fast days on Monday and Tuesday back to back and again on Thursday. So planning to fast tomorrow and the following day. I’ll get to test my self as I’m off work Monday and Tuesday.

Monday pocket fasters so far:

dykask
    Liathanail
    Big_Bill

Feel free to add yourself! It is nice to know others are fasting at the same time.

This morning I started at 83.8kg, after an easy workout of just 80 floors of stairs I was down to 83.3kg. That was after drinking too. Water makes up a huge part of our weight and hydration levels are highly variable.

Day 3 Thailand NFD

Lovely day. Did the first day of Couch to 5k along the beach and around the cemetery – had to get up at sunrise as too hot otherwise. Taking it slow, but it was interesting to note that there was less boob jiggle than last time I tried to run.

21-year old son here on his vacation. I don’t eat meat, he barely eats vegetables. Planning for FD tomorrow is going to be tricky. I know that I think that cauliflower rice is almost indistinguishable from regular rice, but will he?

2nd post
    Hi @lagrandebouffe I did the Couch to 5K a couple of years ago and found it really good with the tiny modification of doing each week for as many weeks as I needed, some weeks turned into 3 or 4….Boob jiggle made me laugh, I really hated the back jiggle. Good luck with the running, every bit of exercise makes you feel good!

Day 3 Sunshine Coast Qld Australia: NFD: Thank you Bert for your delightful welcome back and to AT, Flourbaby, Songbirdme and Debster21. I’m sorry for not signing in yesterday. I was busy all day sugar soaping walls and cleaning in general. Time got away. It would be lovely to dispense with the weight as easily as throwing out all that paperwork etc in the study.
    5:2 worked well for me having shed 20 kgs in 5 months and then plateauing for about 5 months before giving up really. The last couple of months have seen me shoot up to 115kgs. So here I am again coming to grips with not coping with carbs and indulging in an excess of good foods. I’m 68 yrs old and 5’6″. So it’s time to see the non optional extras for what they are: potential excess fat and increased difficulty just coping with sit to stand, walking uphill and increased shortness of breath on exertion. I’m looking forward to reporting that intermittent fasting has become my norm again. See you tomorrow. Cheers, Fuvvie xx

Day 3 UK NFD

Not sure if yesterday really ended up as a fast day or not. I went completely mad stuffing myself with first cherries and then avocado as the veg man gave us a box of each. I made guacamole with the ones that most needed to be used and had a large quantity on some leftover bean stew. Yum! My calorie estimating is a bit stumped by these fatty vegetables. Anyway my weight is down a tad so I kept my whoosh so it wasn’t dreadful. 171.8 this morning. I have a dreadful headache but that is probably hormones rather than what I ate as my body has decided to have a cycle this month. It has become very erratic, I never know if it will happen. I have been getting very hot at night too, which could be what is burning extra fat I suppose. I also got completely hysterical with my sister yesterday over something completely trivial 🙁 Until I realised what was going on and explained. In front of my son too. Very embarrassing 🙁 I hate fulfilling stereotypes! But hormones do have that effect…

Day 3, UK, FD

back into 5:2 after quite a long break, and glad to join july challenge to get me started. i think this is my 4th fasting day so ok so far. last time it took a little while for the pounds to start moving so slow and steady at the moment. planning boiled egg for breakfast and skipping lunch. maybe miso 2ish if feeling restless. have french conversation group tonight at pub. might be water for me!

Day 3 UK FD 🌈 (AFD, 2nd FD)

💦🐉 water dragon to slay, this is going to be the key to my successful FD today.

2nd FD of the month trying 2 weeks AFD, put on last month, over indulged, so remedy the damage before I get back to where I started, and create weight loss.

Good news though, even though he scales went up last month this is partly to do with building muscle, I know this because my ‘tight’ trousers, now keep falling down and I need a belt. Or buy a smaller size. Whoop whoop. 💫💫

People have also noticed, they say “you have definitely lost weight”, but I haven’t, however I have changed shape. So Cruella (copied name from someone else in the group as couldn’t think of a better one for scales) the scales ⚖️can “do one” for a minute, I’m progressing! 🏅

Keep on keeping on, it’s working 👊🏻🤘🏻Move, you are not a tree 🌲

Day 2: Northumberland, UK, NFD
    Day 3: Northumberland, UK, Controlled Day

Overindulged in carbs yesterday, after my eating window should have been closed, which meant I exceeded my TDEE and though I enjoyed them at the time (particularly the cranberry and cashew bread which is my kryptonite at the moment, I can and sometimes do eat the whole 350g loaf) I feel almost hungover this morning. So today I will be aiming at keeping my eating window below 8 hours, keeping the carbs down, and probably 1200-1500 calories to get me back in balance. I also notice that I drank less yesterday, which I know doesn’t help and even at the time of the late eating I knew I should be having more to drink instead.

@lumat I’m amazed you can even think about changing your way of eating with such young children, my youngest was almost 4 before I found the motivation, and while this WoL has reduced my appettite generally I can testify that sleep deprivation really does make you feel hungrier. Kids with chicken pox will not be helping your sleep at all. If you didn’t see it the Dr Mosely programme about sleep might still be on iPlayer.

Day3,south Wales, FD
    A rather indulgent weekend so looking to get back on track today! I find it easier not to eat at all until 6pm or so… long day ahead!

Day 3 London FD

Morning all and Coda, thank you for hosting.

Joining July as June flew by and I didn’t get into the groove. I followed this programme for the first time in May and shed 9lbs.

1 July Start weight 9.9
    height 5’1
    Aim: -4lbs in July

Fast days will be Monday and Wednesday.

Good luck everyone, onwards and downwards here we go.

Day 3 UK FD HItting the reset button, need to reverse this weight gain pattern and that means no more biscuits,chocolate and packets of crisps – might be able to reintroduce later but for this month they are banned Today I’m aiming for liquids until around 7 then have a nice dinner

Day 3 Newcastle UK FD.
    Well as expected I ate and drank a little too much yesterday, it was the wife’s birthday afterall got to help her celebrate 😁 that’s my excuse anyway I know I’ve got a whole month to catch up.
    Have a great day everyone.

Day 3 Belfast, FD
    @ciren2 a proud moment for sure. Who cares if the size 12 is bigger now? It’s nice to go down in the numbers however you can!
    @mirandash – it’s quite easy just to coast on NFDs and I use My Fitness Pal to count calories and try to eat to my TDEE. I have been following the 16:8 regime for 6 months now and it works well for me.
    Fasting today? Copy, paste and add your name to our pocketeers list

Monday pocket fasters so far:

dykask
    Liathanail
    Big_Bill
    LynneD
    Primrosenz
    Jmh44
    Brighton Belle
    Debster

Feel free to add yourself! It is nice to know others are fasting at the same time.

I got highjacked by an apple pie and ice cream yesterday, so setting the reset button this morning. I usually fast Mon and Thurs, but youngest son is coming for a couple of days on Wednesday, so I’m doing a back to back.
    Onwards and downwards everyone!

Day 3 – Woking, UK – FD
    250.9lbs this morning so pretty consistent the last 3 days. Time to get that moving downwards with my first FD for July.

Happy Monday to everyone and here’s hoping for a successful FD for my fellow Monday fasters!

Day 3 – Hampshire, UK – FD

First FD in July :), I had 2 NFD the last 2 days as I like to relax on the weekend but I may have indulged a little due to 2 bbqs and 1 d dinner out, I am staying clear of the scales until tomorrow morning as I would get disheartened if they have gone up.

Starting weight is 68.9kgs, I would be happy with 68kgs for July, Good luck all.

Adding myself to the Monday pocket list:

@dykask
    @liathanail
    @big_bill
    @lynned
    @primrosenz
    @jmh44
    @Brighton Belle
    @debster
    @xrox

Day 3, UK, FD
    After yesterday turning into a FD, this is day 2 of B2B. Saturday’s wine effect still shows on the scales this morning 😔

Please add me as well 🙂
    Day 3 FD – UK

Hello all ,
    AZ,USA
    Day 1 : NFD
    Day 2 : NFD
    Day 3: NFD
    ( it’s 1 am here so day 3 eating won’t start for many hours but I already know I plan to have my first FD on Wednesday the 5th)

I just came across this beautiful site and I wondered if it is too late to start the July challenge ?

I am happy to say , I ate well in the last two days .I’ve been following the 16:8 for months now and I wanted to try this style of IF.

As a vegan ,I try my best to eat whole food plant based majority of the time .

Please let me know if I can just hop in …I’m super excited .

I would like to lose 5 pounds in the July challenge .

If I can not join you all I will catch you in August and I’ll just do my own , side by side silently , reading your posts for encouragement and inspiration 🙂

Thank you !!!

Day 3, Newcastle UK, FD (1st of B2B)

Good to hear from you @lumat – here’s hoping July is an easier month than June for you. Hope both your kids are feeling better now.

More rain forecast for the next two days, so I need to work today – which is a good thing as it helps get me through my FD.

@dykask
    @liathanail
    @big_bill
    @lynned
    @primrosenz
    @jmh44
    @Brighton Belle
    @debster
    @xrox
    @Strawberriesandcream (1st of B2B)

“I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions” – Steven Covey. Have a great start to your week friends.

Day 3, FD, India

@coda Please count me in for the July challenge. I started the diet on 12th June and have lost 5kgs so far. I hope to loose another 10.

Day 3 FD South Wales uk. My first fast day x

Day 3 FD Huntingdon UK

A tad disappointed this morning as weight had gone back up a pound from weigh in on Saturday morning ( that was weight for completed June challenge and start of July challenge). Having said that I can see that my body shape is changing again and I noticed this as a pattern in June. No weight loss for a few days but body shaped changed and then weight loss started again so I am hoping by the end of the week things will be showing on the scales.

I am well aware that I shouldn’t just focus on the scale weight … there are so may other benefits to the fasting and walking…. feeling more confident and revitalised and having more energy. I have read a couple of blogs by people who have also got great gains other than weight loss from walking 20,000 steps a day. I love walking on fast days because I feel so much lighter not carrying food around !!!!

Good luck to everyone and all power to our respective “self control” s!!!!!

Day 3 – UAE – FD

Yesterday was my first day at the local gym and I am feeling the pain everywhere, it was hard. I don’t know when I will go back… but I have too soon…

@dykask
    @liathanail
    @big_bill
    @lynned
    @primrosenz
    @jmh44
    @Brighton Belle
    @debster
    @xrox
    @strawberriesandcream (1st of B2B)
    @taraga

Day 3 – UK – FD

Adding myself to the Monday pocket list and collecting a few more on the way, have a great day everyone.

@dykask
    @liathanail
    @big_bill
    @lynned
    @primrosenz
    @jmh44
    @brightonbelle
    @debster
    @xrox
    @msraven
    @bigviking
    @rahul1905
    @clairebear12
    @safarigirl
    @taraga
    @yolina
    @lumat

Day 3 – Scotland – FD

Lmremfrey, I did watch the programme about sleep, but to be honest I don’t need any help to sleep: I would sleep like a log if the kids would let me do it! 🙂

Anyway, today the scale were a bit more friendly but I am still almost a kilo above my June target weight thanks to my 10 day binge-marathon. I’m fasting again today, as tomorrow it would be too difficult plus I want to go back to my usual routine of fasting Mon and Wed. Dinner tonight is meat with broccoli (plus potatoes for the others). The fact that I’m stuck at home with a still contagious baby means that I won’t be able to buy any consort food – but also that I may indulge with whatever is in my cupboards! I’ll think about you all, please add me to the pocket list

Have a good day everybody!

Day 3, London, UK, NFD.

ADF is going well, but it is only Day 3!!!! These first couple of weeks in July I aim to eradicate as much as possible before my hols, I just need to remain mindful and drown any and every dragon I encounter!!!

Currently doing the 30 Day shred which is soooo much easier at 30lbs lighter!!!! When I say easier I really mean I still think I’m going to die throughout the entire thing!!!! I need to tone up BEFORE I expose any skin on holiday!!!!!

Keep the faith people, we’ve got this!!!!!

Day 3 FD France

Pocket list:
    @dykask
    @liathanail
    @big_bill
    @lynned
    @primrosenz
    @jmh44
    @Brighton Belle
    @debster
    @xrox
    @laurealice

When I started 5 weeks ago, I was truly afraid of feeling hungry and ordered 18 packs of konjac noodles. After a couple of weeks I realised I didn’t need (or like) them. Plenty of veg and a bit of lean protein (mainly tofu for me) do the trick.

@krisnia Tell me more about goat yoga. I have an old goatie who thinks she’s a dog. Could maybe help her!
    @brightonbelle @matron65 – Hey you’re from Brighton. Me too (though left 30+ years ago). Still miss the seagulls (and my daughter who now lives there)
    @lisalily82 I’m also pre-diabetic – we’ll reverse all that, I’m sure 🙂

Sun trying to come out in France.

Bisous

Hi all, glad to have found this forum!

Day 3, London UK, FD.

I’m 40, mother of 4.5 month old twin boys and after watching the documentary while I was pregnant, I decided last week to watch it again. While my original goal was probably to lose weight, what struck me more were the huge health benefits mentioned by Dr M, and made me really think about the kind of life I want with my two wee boys as they grow up. I want lots of years with them and lots of heathy ones, so that’s my primary objective really. Weight loss will be a nice side effect!

So today is my first fast day, I’m feeling okay, and hoping to get lots of support from this forum as I go. I’m 12st 12, and only about 7lb of that is baby weight; I actually lost it all after I gave birth and I’ve crept back up again. Ideally like to drop about 1.5-2st if I can.

Hubby is joining me but as he’s at work he’s letting himself in slowly, as he’s not sure he can manage to go a full day fasting at work! He had a big breakfast this morning and is having a 60 cal lunch, the. We’ll have a small dinner tonight.

Hoping to have fun and get support from you all over the next month. thanks for organising this!

DAY 3 – UK – NFD

@twinmam Welcome, once you make it through the first week, it all gets much easier!!

Hi Flour baby ive just started the 30 day shred aswell, I started Friday.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 1,996 total)

You must be logged in to reply.