July 2017 31 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2017 31 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,994 replies, has 126 voices, and was last updated by  Chitown Gal 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,701 through 1,750 (of 1,996 total)

• Day 26: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD.

Day 26 – McMinnville Oregon USA NFD
    I had a great FD yesterday, why is it so easy at times and so difficult at others. I think so much of this is mental. I really have to be in a very determined state of mind.

Day 26, Rocky Mountains, US, FD

Back on the wagon! Good CD yesterday. Today I join the fasters. Also no alcohol the rest of the month. Have neglected walking the last four days. Must get my 10.000 steps. For some reason I have a headache. Have to drink more water. It might be also lack of sleep. The severe thunderstorm with tons of rain at 4 AM was quite something! β›ˆ

Good luck everyone!😊😊😊

Day 26 – USA – FD

@anna6, so glad to hear that Alexander is himself again! Enjoy him! @Strawberriesandcream, congrats to your dad on closing the deal on his house! Must be a relief to all of you. Glad he could move nearby. @coda, welcome back! @hannahwatto, been there, done that, and so has everyone on this forum. That’s why we are here, to let it all hang out and encourage each other. No judgment, no lecturing. We will all do as much or as little as our goals demand of us, and we can change our minds on the pace of those goals; it’s our perogative! @xrox, congrats on your attempts to not smoke. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to do in my life.

Day 26 – Cumbria UK – NFD

A very wet morning today but sunshine from mid afternoon – at least it is not cold! A very good FD yesterday of water/tea with skimmed milk and a glass of Kefir before bed – under 300cals for the day! Weight this morning is 53.7kg/118.4lbs i.e. the lower end of my maintenance weight!

Broke my fast this morning with brunch out with DD with a healthy sourdough toast with avocado and eggs and now looking forward to my evening meal of dressed crab with beetroot, grapefruit and radish salad – a glass of nice chilled white would go down well with this but keeping in mind my group of “Pocket Winos” aka @strawberriesandcream @brightonbelle @debster251 @matron65 @rocy65 @missybear @awilson – no alcohol until the weekend for me πŸ˜‡

@okeydokey – so nice to see you posting on here again and so positively – Together We Are Definitely Stronger!
    @Strawberriesandcream – your cruise sounds great with some lovely stops along the way!
    @califdreamer – great to make that lb disappear during your trip away!
    @coda – good to hear that you enjoyed your visit in England – If no one else offers to run the challenge for August I’ll take over from you to give you a break from the role BUT it would be nice if someone new takes up the role…………
    @awilson – welcome to the Pocket Winos!
    @lumat – that chocolate and salted caramel tarte sounds right up my alley!!!
    @fatrabbit – stay strong – great job in getting back to where you were ten days ago
    @chumi – my sympathies with your sprained ankle – I’m in my 7th month with my knee injury – so frustrating 😣
    @hannahwatto and @xrox – please try to not feel ashamed – we all have bad episodes – the trick is to now press your RESET button and move forward positively – your global family here will have your back and hold on to you tight to pull you back on the wagon πŸ€—

“MOTIVATION IS WHAT GETS YOU STARTED; HABIT IS WHAT KEEPS YOU GOING”

2nd post

So far so good controlled day. Had kefer and seeds this morning, miso soup and raw carrot,celery, baby sweet corns and pepper for lunch. This evening OH has made a chicken curry which I’ll enjoy with a small portion of rice and a popadom or two, still well within tdee. Controlled days are difficult, but kept busy and lots of water, herbal teas helped!

Fasting tomorrow.

Good luck everyone.

Dwy 26 nfd south coast, uk
    Good fd monday, stayed just under tdee yesterday, today so far so good. No alcohol so far this week, waiting till saturday. @brightonbelle – how did you fair with just the tonic? Hope you managed it.
    @anna6 – hope all the children are fighting fit again.
    Busy at work but now looking for holiday end sept so really need to keep on keeping on. Fast day thursday for me. Good luck everyone

Did really well untill 6pm then madness set in not like me just stopped eating now FD tomorrow and CNFD for the rest of the month hopefully 😭

2nd post

Thank you Missybear
    . Thanks Debster.

Day 27/NFD/Melbourne Australia
    Day 28/NFD
    Day 29/NFD
    Day 30/NFD

Leaving today for a trip to the High Country. Poor wifi reception so I may not have the opportunity to post.

@anna6 so pleased to hear Alexander has recovered.
    @hannahwatto and @xrox we’ve all struggled. Remember we are here to support you. I’ve taken Dr Moseley’s advice and have no temptations in the house – will power is greatly overrated.

Dr Moseley has launched a Clever Guts App. Looking forward to checking it out when I return.

Have a wonderful week everyone. Pocket winos I’ll enjoy a glass of wine. Moderation will be the key. My grandchildren will keep me mindful.

2nd post

Some interesting reading from Michael Moseley

http://mailchi.mp/85f362714c66/clever-guts-probiotics-update-olive-oil-tips-and-the-app-went-live?e=a307ae3e1c

Hope it’s ok to share?

3rd post

Califdreamer and Matron65 all the kids are well now. 18 month old Benjamin and four year old Marie had it mildly. Thankfully it didn’t effect us adults.

Onahealthyhigh thanks for your wishes

Good night everyone

Day 25, Idaho USA NFD

Newbie here. Yesterday was my first fast day. Just below 500 calories for dinner. My plan is just one meal on FD’s at or below the 500 because family dinners are a big deal for our family.

Loving reading back through the last couple days of this group. So encouraging. One question. I’m only 3/4 of the way through the book, so I apologize if I should already know this, but what is the difference between a NFD and a CD?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
    Rachel

@onahealthyhigh

I find it interesting that Mosley has jumped on the gut bacteria/Mediterranean jag with his new book. It’s not necessarily that it contradicts his previous information, but it does really help to put paid to the original advice of “eat what you want” on your off-days.

Day 26 UK NFD

Day 27 – Tokyo, Japan – NFD 84.1kg

Weight up but fat seems stable. I flipped my breakfast around a bit this morning and now I feel stuffed. I basically just eat some nuts before fixing my breakfast. It is back to takes me some time to feel full no matter what I eat.

Day 27 NFD country West Australia
    So, 10 kg lighter than last year , eating more healthily and eating less, exercising more than 12 months ago. Annual blood test results have just come back – WORSE on 6 markers and a recall by the doc to be seen ASAP!
    Cholesterol UP; BSLs UP; Blood count UP; Platelets UP….??
    ?? perhaps the reason for the plateau ….
    Off to make an appointment to see the doc.😞

Day 27 Brisbane FD
    Day 26 NFD
    Day 25 FD

Found a Persian bakery last night on my walk, great sweets! Had 3…

@lilymartin – prayers for the doctors to find out what’s going on.

Day 27 Australia NFD thanks @missybear, @xrox, @metatauta, @at and @Onehealthyhigh – your support, and that of everyone in this group, means so much and helps so much. I hate to tell you but I nearly tore the head off a baker’s assistant who tried to pass me off with a custard tart yesterday when all I wanted was a custard slice! And then this moring I scoured the local shops again for a custard slice but came back empty handed. I suppose I can at least take comfort from the fact that I wasn’t prepared to waste calories on just any old food – it has to be a custard slice! At least I am smiling today – was pretty emotional last night.

Day 26 NFD St. Louis USA
    Fasting tomorrow.

All my best to all of you.

Day 27,India, FD

Day 27 | Australia | NFD

I am really struggling this week to stay on track. I’ve been on the verge of coming down with a cold all week but my immune system seems to be holding it off – although I’m doing too much comfort eating. I still have 3 more days to get another fasting day in and make this a 5:2 week, so all is not lost. I think my weight loss for this month will still be around 4 or 5 kilos, so I can’t beat myself up too much.

Day 27 FD North Wales

Moving house today so it is going to be a stressful one. Going to try and eat only one meal today which will be tonights so hopefully I will be successful. Wishing you all a good FD or NFD

Day 27 UK FD

Back up again after eating far too much yesterday. I need to curb my yogurt habit.

2nd post, still Day 26 here

@foodfreedomgirl – NFD is the abbreviation for a non-fast day which means you can eat whatever you like. CD isna controlled day which means you’re careful about how much you eat, perhaps keeping track of calories and not eating more than your TDEE or the number of calories to sustain your current weight. And Welcome to the 5:2 forums!

@big_bill – 4 or 5 kilos lost sounds like a very successful month to me! Good job! And you still have a few days to go.

@hannahwatto – Remind me never to offer you a custard tart on a FD! πŸ˜„

@at – Your brunch today and dinner of dressed crab and that wonderful salad sounds delicious! And healthy too!

@molij – Good luck with the move today. Moving to a new home is exciting, but I think it’s one of the most stressful things ever. Hang in there!

Day 27, UK, FD

2nd day of B2B. And that’ll be the 2nd B2B in a five day period. Get behind me hunger!

Day 27 UK NFD. Good day yesterday aiming for controlled NFD today @matron65 and other pocketwinos – standing strong ,as @at says no drink until the weekend – but does the weekend start on Friday evening or Saturday ? We’ll see .

Day 27 Newcastle UK πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ FD.

Day 27 – Woking, UK – NFD
    245.3lbs
    New low again today, hopefully I can make it stick until Monday. Had a slightly higher calorie fast day yesterday at 768 calories but still okay. Thinking I’m going to be at about 5lbs lost for the month which I’m happy with.

Trendweight is now forecasting that I’ll hit my target weight in December 2018 rather than May 2019 so that’s also a positive. It’s taking a while but I think I’m finally coming round to the idea that this weight went on over years so it’s okay if it takes me a couple of years to get rid of it. I want to do this safely and sustainably and hopefully not end up with a load of loose skin so slow and steady is the way to go.

Day 27, Wales, FD

@molij – best wishes for the house move, its good to keep busy on a FD!
    @brightonbelle – my weekend starts Friday pm and that thought will keep me going during today’s FD.

Happy Thursday everyone x

Day 27, Hampshire, UK – NFD

I just want to start by saying how amazing this group and all the people on it, everyone is so supportive and when I’m feeling low, just emptying out on here really helps me, thank you to everyone who takes the time to read the posts and offer advice.
    I had a successful FD yesterday and after emptying out yesterday, I feel more driven today with all the great advice you have all offered, luckily our sweet/snack cupboard is almost empty and I am adamant not to fill it when I do my weekly shop this week. I weighed myself this morning to start my RESET, I am 69.2kg which is not as bad as I thought :), new start on my NFD!!!

@liathanail yes thats exactly, boredom and the lack of self control on NFD, glad to see you have ditched the nicotine for life, I have only substituted for ecig once before 3 years ago and I made it 6 months before life got tough and the first thing I did was to buy cigarettes, I hope to make it stick this time because I am very active and everyone always says why do you smoke when you put so much effort to run and train – very true!!
    I totally agree, that was always my rule, if I don’t buy it, I wont eat it when the cravings hit and it worked for years, I don’t know what happened this summer, I think its loosing a bit of weight and feeling good, I felt like I should reward myself but I forgot the most important part …’I haven’t even reached my target!!’. Thank you soooo much for taking the time to write back to me, your words are so great, I feel the support here and knowing that I am not alone, gives me that push, really thank you very much πŸ™‚

@califdreamer thank you for the advice, I think I am going back to no sweets at home. haha you made me laugh clarifying that the freezer is for the sweets not the family ;), well done on reaching your goal, what a great achievement !!! πŸ˜€

@metatauta thank you, I hope to make it stick, it will make exercising much easier.

@at @onahealthyhigh, @annemarilyn thank you all for the support, it means a lot..RESET button has been pressed, hope to share some better results with you all next week.

@hannahwatto well done, don’t you feel proud for having that will power? I always get this strength feeling when I walk away from temptation on my FD – just need to apply it to my NFD too πŸ˜‰

Good luck to all who are on their FD today πŸ™‚

Day 27, Northumberland UK, NFD
    Day 28,29 and 30 will also be NFD as I may not be able to check in, then I’ll try and catch up on Monday. I considered offering to host August, but thinking about it more carefully I don’t think I’ll be able to check in daily and these threads move too fast to keep up and offer support if I’m missing for a few days at a time.

Day 27, Newcastle UK, NFD

@debster251 – pleased to hear your YS got his keys – a great reason for you to visit again in a few weeks. Yes, Dad finally got his keys yesterday but he was in a strange and worrying mood – I think the last 10 months have been very difficult for him and he didn’t quite believe it had all worked out at last. I then spent the afternoon setting up insurance, getting boiler checks organised, elec/gas restarted etc. etc. Trying to get someone to do a complete house clean asap before he moves in next week. Thanks @metatauta. So @molij – I can completely empathise with the stress you are currently feeling and wish you all the best for your move today.

I’m afraid yesterday was not an FD after all – ate far too many nuts and olives. There is no chance of another FD before the end of the month as I have social events every day from today. All I can aim to do is be as controlled as possible. Interestingly, I am within a 10th of a lb of my starting weight this month and looks like I will not meet my July goal – nor my May or June goal for that matter. Never mind, the good thing is I am staying consistent at around 134lbs (give or take half a lb). With our cruise in sight at the end of August – I will keep on keeping on.

@hannahwatto & @xrox – no guilt or shame necessary – we all do it. And @liathanail – that’s a positive attitude that will see you succeed.
    @anna6 – such good news about your family – best wishes for a lovely holiday.
    @lilymartin – a big hug for you and prayers for a speedy solution & recovery.
    @at – that’s kind of you to offer to host the August challenge if nobody else is in a position to do so. @coda – once again the month has sped by – thank you so much for leading us through July – onwards & downwards for our last 5 days.

day 27 cornwall uk fast day

weighed this morning and down 1lb, so pleased I was β€˜controlled’ yesterday!

Lillym best of luck with the Doctors appointment. I’ll be interested to hear who they say.

I found with fasting my LDL cholestrol raised, total was 9 in January.

Is this because I eat full fat milk, cheese, butter and yoghurt, I don’t know. I don’t eat processed foods/sugar at all and I eat loads of veg and fruit. I exercise regularly. pilates, cycling, swimming, gardening and walking.

have a good day everyone!

Day 27, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Weight today at 66.4 kilos. I won’t be having access to a scale for the next 13 days as I’ll be on the cruise ship.

Have a great Thursday everyone. Onwards and downwards

@lilymartin – concerned for you. Please do take care of yourself the best you can.

Day 27……Florida…..FD

So I totally fell off, and my FD turned into a NFD. Oops, so today, I’m back on the wagon. Thank goodness this WOL, allows this type of behavior.

Xrox……. I’m so happy you found your way back. Just recently, I finally found my way down from plateau mountain. I was up there for 4 long months. I saw the number 140 on my scale for 134 long arse days. I’m a daily weigher, by the way. So, I understand how darn frustrating it can be. But what helped me, is seeing I am not the only one that goes through these things, so I just kept up with these lovely friends and kept trying. Then one day, my body and a quick post from @debster clicked and I lost 2 freakin pounds. Oh my…… happy days are here again. That was two weeeks ago.
    Today I’m still sitting at 138. The scale will move again, I’m sure of it, but whether I sit at 138 for a day, a month or a year. I’m happy because it sure is a hell of a lot better at 138 then it was at 165 when I started. You’ll get there, just keep at it.

Okay, well I must be off, I have to leave a bit earlier this morning as I must go pay bills!

At any given time the urge to sing the lion sleeps tonight is just a whim away, a whim away, a whim away!

Someone was asking what the new rules of the 5:2 plan were in the supplement I was reading.
    1 eat 2 meals a day. Have a late breakfast / brunch or lunch, followed by a proper dinner. With this plan you get the hard bit out of the way in the morning then have a satisfying lunch and a completely normal dinner carbs and all.
    2. You shouldn’t eat more than twice each day 300 calories for breakfast / lunch and 500 for dinner.
    3. Fast for 14 hours overnight. Don’t consume any calories at all during this period.
    4. Drink plenty of calorie free drinks both hot and cold during this fasting time.
    5. Eat dinner early. This help you start your fast earlier too.
    6. When you wake up in the morning, don’t eat first thing. You can have coffee or tea but without milk or sugar.

I hope that makes sense to everyone who is interested the gist of it for me is no calories within a 14 hour fasting period and then you’re allowed up to 800 calories after your fast.

2nd post

@steve toon taxi driver – Thanks for the update on the new rules. Did the supplement give an explanation of the ‘science’ behind the new rules?

Day 27 Chicago, Illinois USA – NFD

Day 27 – USA (Illinois) – NFD

Weight up a pound or two after exercise? Mine seems to be, nearly each time I have my Silver Sneakers class. I’ve gotten pretty used to it by now, 16 months on 5;2 or 6;1 maintenance.

Steve toon – your regimen sounds excellent. I know the newbies are concerned just how this whole WOL works, and hearing others’ plans is always good.

Today will have to be more controlled than yesterday was as well. Going to do a 16:8 today.

Onward and downward.

Day 27 Belfast NFD
    Good FD yesterday and aiming for no alcohol until the end of the month… πŸ˜‡ we’ll see if that halo is there on Monday!

@fuvvie – we used to do a ‘grandparents’ morning in school and I have to say that this was the highlight of my teaching year. We used to do a mini production, then tea, coffee and buns. We loved it and there is nobody more supportive that grannies and grandads!
    @hannahwatto and xrox – never feel ashamed and never feel alone. There are lots of us lurking on this forum who aren’t having the huge success that some are having, myself included. You’ve done amazingly well to give up smoking in the first place. What an achievement in itself! I put on a stone when I gave up smoking. As Coda says, we all have our own journey and many of us struggle on a daily basis. I couldn’t say it better than Liathanail. Don’t beat yourself up. BTW I love the Game of Thrones – haven’t started the new series yet.
    @liathanail – fabulous results!
    @stevetoontaxidriver – thank you for the summary. It’s kinda similar to what many of us have personally adapted for themselves. Personally I still prefer to stick to 500 calls on a FD, so that even if you go over a bit, it’s not a disaster.
    @at and Coda. I’m happy to lead August if you’ll have me! Now the spreadsheet is online, it’s not such a daunting job!

Day 27, Rocky Mountains, US, FD

FD successful yesterday at 800 cals. Today another one planned at 800 cals. Friday as well.

@steve toon taxi driver: Thanks for the update on the new rules. 😊😊😊

@at and @debster251: Thanks to both of you for offering leadership for our August Challenge. 🌺🌻🌼

Have a good Thursday everyone!😊

@debster251 thank you for your kind words my fellow GOT fan, i’m sooo addicted, I think I replaced smoking with Game of Thrones πŸ˜€

@steve toon taxi driver that is exactly how I do it, no breakfast, light lunch (usually just salad) and a dinner mainly made of some sort of protein, veg/salad and a very small portion of carbs (complex carbs so browns, couscous or burgal wheat), I’m so glad these are the new rules because they are reasonably maintainable…

@bert1802 your post is inspiring me, I’m so glad to know I’m not the only one who crumbled when I hit the plateau wall, I am going to break the wall…I am also a daily scales person so will keep you posted πŸ˜€ onwards and downwards!!!!

Day 27 – USA – NFD

Great FD yesterday, under 500 calories…@MoliJ, congrats on your move; hope you settle in well. @xrox, great to hear your enthusiasm in this WOL after a FD. @strawberriesandcream, staying the same weight is still good news!@lilymartin, hope everything goes well at the dr. I recall watching a video about a person who consumed low carb/healthy fat for a while and got a high reading of their “bad” cholesterol but it was only temporary, something having to do with the body switching over to burning fat…I don’t mean to keep you hanging, but I will research that video and try to send the link.

Day 27 – Finland – FD

I broke my fast at 15 in the afternoon with cottage cheese, a sprinkling of ground flax seeds and cucumber. I have a lot of catching up to do on the liquid front, as I skipped my usual 2 cups of tea (a total of 700 ml) in the morning.

@okeydokey – I really hope the sugar also helps partially torn ligaments mend, as (fortunately) there are no broken bones in my ankle. I’m glad to hear you’re getting better, albeit slowly. Experiencing and keeping track of those small victories must be uplifting. I hope you can also catch up on your exercises – I keep on doing mine at least twice a day to help the ankle heal, but I do occasionally wonder if I should do more…

@annemarilyn – Ouch, sounds like it got really bad for you. Glad to hear you’ve gotten good care and that your injuries have almost healed now. The only time I’ve been to the doctor (I visited the IR as it was Sunday morning) they mostly made sure I didn’t have any broken bones or completely torn ligaments, gave me crutches and an elastic bandage on the foot after I asked for it. I do get that they weren’t specialists, but still, something more than “you can start doing things once your ankle is pain free” would have been nice, as something more is obviously what’s needed for this injury to heal. All the therapeutic exercises I’ve been doing are from instructions I’ve found from trustworthy sources online. As what comes to the swelling, it’s naturally a lot less swollen than in the beginning (when the foot looked almost grotesque), but still noticeable around the ankle joint.

@at – Thank you for your kind thoughts once again. I hope your knee is mending well despite the frustration!

POCKET LIST day 27
    @ducks_d
    @rahul1905
    @molij
    @fatrabbit
    @bigviking
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver
    @missybear
    @rocy65
    @bert1802
    @redrockgirl302
    @chumi

@debster251 & @at thank you for offering to host August. I know it’s early and thinking way ahead, but I would like to offer to host September if no one has intentions to do so.
    Bless you all.

Day 27 FD St. Louis USA
    Adding myself to the pocket list for today. Struggling a bit keeping to the schedule. I don’t really get hungry but look forward to my non-fast days. I’m not over eating on those days but do you have some snacks. Evening is the most difficult and as others have mentioned just tend to grab something here and there. Working to get to and maintain the goal that I hit but then gained a few pounds back.

Day 27 Pocket List
    @ducks_d
    @rahul1905
    @molij
    @fatrabbit
    @bigviking
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver
    @missybear
    @rocy65
    @bert1802
    @redrockgirl302
    @chumi
    @sirisan

All my best to all of you.

Day 27 Idaho, USA FD

@califdreamer Thank you for the clarification.

I am slightly off on my 2nd FD already. We had an early dinner last night before my Husband’s softball game so my run was late and I had a snack after. I realized too late that I wasn’t supposed to be eating after dinner as today is a fast day. It was still within my TDEE for the day so I am thinking I’ll just move on and today’s fast will just be a couple of hours shorter (20 hours).

I have been a dieter for years. I started Weight Watchers 9 years ago and purged 20 pounds – my youngest was 2 and I still was carrying 20 pounds “baby weight.” I started running at that same time. I have kept that off, but have wanted 20 more gone for a few years now, but have only been losing and finding the same 5-7 pounds.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,701 through 1,750 (of 1,996 total)

You must be logged in to reply.