July 2017 31 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2017 31 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,994 replies, has 126 voices, and was last updated by  Chitown Gal 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,501 through 1,550 (of 1,996 total)

• Hi Coda
    New from Australia and about to start the 5:2 (tomorrow) A bit late for the July challenge. Is this run every month?

Day 23/NFD/Melbourne Australia

@songbirdme. My father was from the south-west, my mother the north-east of England. Thats 330 miles between my grand-parents who often had trouble understanding each other.

Day 23 Australia NFD hi all

Day 21, Day 22, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD

Busy couple of days, still very hot and no rain for weeks. Poor flowers, they are struggling but I am watering them all I can.

Eating going fine, weight still in maintenance mode, have the planks up to 2 1/2 minutes with no issue so I will try for 3 this coming week. Drinking lots of water – no wine – decided that was just wasted calories. I eat enough red grapes and other berries to get my resveratrol.

Hope you are all doing well.

Day 23 – Tokyo, Japan – NFD 82.2kg

Working on my second breakfast, my first one was a fried egg with cheese. I just had a craving for an egg today.

Day 23 Sunshine Coast Qld Australia: FD

Hi BelMc, you can join at any time and no time like the present. You start each day as I have, even if for you it is day 1, to keep Coda’s head from going nutty, everyone signs in on the day of the date. The challenges were started by Coda last year in May and a variety of people have hosted it for the month. I did October last year and January this year. So welcome and just climb on board.

Yesterday was a total write off for me. I can’t recall such a shocking binge or self sabotage in a long time. But there it is. Today is definitely a fast day as I feel too unwell to do anything else. And I didn’t have any alcohol. Just sugar in the form of ice-cream plus plus plus. šŸ–šŸ–šŸ–šŸ–šŸ–šŸ–

It is the most glorious day here today, I think I will go for a walk at the beach. All the best to everyone.

Extra post
    @bigviking, I agree with scales. Apparently I have put on 2kgs since Friday’s weigh in!

Day 22 Massachusetts USA NFD Another tough day staying under TDEE. At least I got my lap swimming done. I probably was 100 over my target of 1200. The end of the month will show me if this is an area where I have to be stricter. Does any one else go overboard the day after a FD?

Day 23 UK FD

Need to fast today as BMI back up over 25.

Day 23, Northumberland UK, NFD

I must not buy cranberry bread in Tesco – leads to far too many carbs, well over TDEE and then feeling rubbish the next morning – even if it is delicious.

Hoping for better weather today as going back to the airshow. I don’t think it is possible to watch the red arrows too often šŸ™‚

Day 23, UK NFD

well seems like i am a early bird this morning. have been quite neglectful about posting. dip earlier in july with heavy cold and fasting went out window, but now back on track. Day 1 ambitions may be a bit of a challenge now but will push on and see what happens. off to gym this morning but waiting for gym partner (my other half) to rise. all the best for the week everyone.

Day 23 UK NFD

Morning everyone. Had controlled NFD yesterday… under 900 calories.

Had not set a final target for these challenges as I have not been this weight for so long I didn’t know what the end result would be! I’m now approaching 62 Kg ( from 70.6). and feel I could definately stand to lose a bit more. I’m 5′ 5″ and there’s still a good bit of ” jiggle” going on! So will aim for 60 Kg and take it from there!
    Off to visit family and friends this weekend so will be very challenging on the food and drink front! On the plus front the weather looks to improve from the rain and wind of the last couple of days.
    Good luck to all fellow fasters!

Day 23 Belfast NFD

From a gal who grew up in the SE England, finding myself in Northern Ireland was a complete eye opener. For quite a while, I couldn’t understand some of the people I worked with. When I started teaching, I worked in quite a working class area,with kids who had really strong Belfast accents. By the end of the year, @penguin, my class read with an English twang. It used to make me chuckle!
    @coda your comment about friends and acquaintances still being alive is so true. We have lost so many dear friends over this last couple of years. All the more reason to take the very best care of ourselves. Hope you’re enjoying your weekend.
    @anna6 glad your little one is on the mend.
    @rainbowsmile pay no attention to the label. It’s just a number and all sizes differ!

Haven’t weighed for 10 days now and despite managing two fast days, the rest have been feast days for sure, with too much alcohol. Resetting this morning and am only eating one meal this evening.
    Back on that wagon and holding tight!

Day 23: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD.

Day 23, Newcastle UK, NFD

Lovely (alcohol free) lunch with 3 pals yesterday – and this morning both OH and I are feeling extremely virtuous. Five days without ‘poison’ and we are both feeling and looking so much better. On a whim at the petrol station, I bought a large bar of fruit & nut as I thought OH would be struggling to get through Saturday evening without his usual source of sugar. We both had two rows and over half the bar went back into the fridge. A first in this house!!

Tonight we have a family meal at a recommended local Indian Restaurant. I am preplanning and mentally preparing to say a very firm NO to the poppadoms and save my calories for the proper food. Already thinking along the lines of tandoori chicken and king prawns. I may even have an alcohol free beer if they have one. Apparently Heineken have launched a new AF beer so I’m looking forward to trying that at some point. I wish the pubs had a better selection than just Becks Blue which I find rather ‘tinny;.

Anyway, I’m rambling again. @debster251 – we are crossing our fingers for my Dad’s completion on Wednesday. I had totally forgotten that he lost out on an apartment before the two previous lost bungalows – so he has had a real tough time of it for the last 10 months since he decided to move. Thanks for your kind words about my friend – and you too @at.

@fatrabbit & @rainbowsmile – keep on keeping on – you are both heading in the right direction.

Make this a Super Sunday friends – the beginning of our last whole week for this July challenge.

Day 23, UK, FD

And I am right back where I started this month’s challenge. So I have discovered what maintenance looks like… AFD! I need to make my NFDs slightly more FD if I am to drag this month back into shape over the next 9 days.

Day 23 – Woking, UK – NFD
    246.3lbs
    And back down again šŸ‘šŸ» Am down 4.3lbs for the month so far so I need to have a good last 9 days to make sure I hang on to that and maybe even improve a bit. Just had it confirmed that I have another business trip to Germany on 31st July until 4th August so I’ll do my final check in here on the morning of 31st before I travel.

Day 23, Wales UK, NFD

Day 23 UK NFD sorry didn’t post yesterday, bit dispondent , thought I’d had a pretty good week, jumped on scales and 2lb up !! Had time to reflect and accept it is what it is ( still secretly hoping it’s a scale malfunction or a blip of some kind ) anyway onwards…. Will be fasting tomorrow

@straberriesandcream Very impressed – OH &I were discussing yesterday and we both said we’d like an alcohol free couple of weeks so might be joining you

Day 23 – USA (Illinois)- NFD

Back under 160 this morning despite some fairly normal 3 meals yesterday. I am happy with a BMI of 25, so that is really my maintenance goal. Church music this morning then a fairly restful day.

Onward and downward.

Day 23 Newcastle UK NFD.
    My goal weight is 182lbs can’t bloody believe it 182.25 this morning a quarter of a lb i mean you can’t get much closer šŸ˜­ next week hopefully i should be at goal or under. Nice 26 miles on my bike today no knee pain hopefully that’s my knee fixed with a bit of rest from the rowing machine.
    @belmc. Welcome,im sure there will be a August challenge. I’ve been with this group since March and from a personal point of view I’ve had nothing but good advice and lots of support also a few laughs. Enjoy the rest of the weekend everybody

Get freezing those blueberries.

h1ttp://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/8-reasons-freeze-blueberries.html?t=JERF&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=postplanner&utm_source=facebook.com

Day 23, Guildford UK, NFD

Completely free day today so veg Pasta for lunch and I mam have a homemade Vanilla protein powder and coconut milk ice cream with pistachios

Yum yum

@Stevetoontaxi well done on achieving a new goal
    @brightonbelle someone told me traditional scales have a metal part which expands and contracts with the heat, so scales are a long term guide only. It helped me to believe that so now I weigh myself 3 days on the run once a month and use the average. Some months I just don’t unless I have to do it. For the challenges I do, basically I think I know if I have been off piste.

@hannahwatto I think the laws of thermodynamics would say 2.2 kilos that’s 4.5 lbs at 3500 per lb. Wouldn’t you know if you had eaten 15,750 cals in two days?

@songbirdme enjoy your rest day.

Was thinking about the ‘apron’, mine is more a bumbag on the wrong way round! Mind you in the privacy of my bathroom I thought I saw a teensy thigh gap. No one else would notice though……

OK my fitbit has decided it’s on US time. So my fitbit steps run from lunch to lunch.

Go figure…..

Have a fab Sunday all šŸ˜Ž

Steve toon taxi driver – I use frozen blueberries a lot. They are so easy to pick up when in season and price is lower. Freezing them is a breeze!

@rainbowsmile – enjoy your day too! Thanks!

Day 23…..Florida…..NFD

Today, will be a very CD despite being a NFD. Yesterday, was a blow out, I went out to lunch, very nice lunch with a danish for dessert, then we went and saw girls trip, oh my it was the funniest movie, I’ve seen in a long time. There were times in the movie, the whole theater was laughing, you could not here the next line in the movie. Then a nice cup of coffe and a slice of lemon loaf afterwards. Over all a very nice day, but looking forward to a stay at home day today.

Welcome to the newbie in our group!

@lindasue…… sorry to hear about you poor pretties. Living in Florida and being so darn hot most of the time, I’ve learned a few tricks maybe they will help you. Avoid water in the morning or high noon (point where the sun is highest in the sky) water after the sun goes completely out of the sky. To help keep the dirt moist, you could lay straw/hay down. Straw absorbs water and takes a long time to dry out so it will prevent moisture from being drawn out of the dirt. Plus, it’s a good nutrient for next years crop.
    These are just a few easy tricks that help, I’m not sure if you depend on your garden for substance as I do but these tricks help me keeps veg on my dinner/supper/tea table. Good luck to you.

At any given time the urge to sing the lion sleeps tonight is only a whim away, a whim away, a whim away!

Day 23 Nfd south coast uk.
    Well I really hate my scales, 2lb up since starting july challenge but clothes still fitting better – what to do???? Keep on keeping on i suppose. Mon and thurs will be my fd and rest to tdee, maybe time to try and drop 100 cals from tdee or try another fd per week. Upped my exercise (not massively but still increased it). Feeling meh – mantra for this week will be “nothing works unless I do”. Have good week all

Day 23 – USA – NFD

Day 23 Massachusetts USA NFD Going out to a movie and dinner so I’ll have to be mindful. I want to do better than yesterday! Maybe I’ll just have a salad for lunch. Gorgeous day here in New England, but cool. Glad I got the swimming in yesterday. šŸŠā€ā™€ļø Congratulations to all of you who are at or near your goal. šŸ‘šŸ»

Day 23 California USA traveling…

Day 20 NFD
    Day 21 NFD
    Day 22 NFD
    Day 23 NFD

Returning home late tomorrow and looking forward to a FD on Tuesday. Also looking forward to weighing in!

Day 23 Vancouver Canada NFD.

Just finished my first official fast day (went over on previous days and was kidding myself). It was a lot tougher than I was expecting, and my mood was all over the place. I think I won’t have breakfast next time because that only seemed to make me ravenous throughout the day. But I am down 0.6 pounds from the day previous, which was a nice little bump.

@matron65 — are you taking measurements? Sometimes the weight can fluctuate but if your clothes are looser it’s definitely a good sign.

Day 23 – McMinnville Oregon USA FD
    I had a good FD yesterday and Iā€™m going to do another today.

@chickensrock – I admire your woodworking skills and your adventuresome spirt, good luck with your project.

@lindasue – Your plank time is impressive

@steve toon taxi driver – Sooo close!!

Day 23 – SW WA USA – NFD

Enjoying the lake with my son this weekend. Enjoyed a swim and visit while we caught some sunshine yesterday. Keeping to 16:8 at least on these vacation days.

@steve to on taxi driver – good for you in getting to “spitting distance” of your goal! I look forward to that day in the future.

Day 23, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Thanks for your prayers and wishes Rainbowsmile, Songbirdme, and Debster251. We brought Alexander home this afternoon. He needs to drink a lot and isn’t doing so.
    He is still on antibiotics and cannot go to playschool for two weeks.

Had lunch at a seafront restaurant with hubby and son and I’m going out for a light dinner with my widowed sister in law.

Have a great Sunday everyone onwards and downwards

Day 23 – Cumbria UK – NFD

A good controlled weekend even if it included some šŸ·
    Weather has not been the best this weekend, with rain yesterday morning before clearing up late afternoon and evening and after a dry if overcast morning rain again this evening šŸŒ§

Welcome @belmc – never too late to join – lots of friendly folk on here – read the first post on page 1 of this forum by @coda who is hosting this challenge for the basics
    @lindasue – 2.5 mins of Plank is v impressive!
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver – šŸ‘

Just waiting for some sourdough pizza to be delivered for dinner tonight – lucky to have a great hand made sourdough thin crust pizzas from a local place and I have some that great Chianti that I opened last night left to have with it……..YUMMY

Hope everyone has had a great weekend and are in a great place for a final push during the last week of this July 2017 31 Day Challenge – any idea who might be hosting the August challenge @ Coda?

“Life is a One Time Offer – Use it Well”

Hi @fastveg, scales are evil me thinks lol. Have lost 14lbs since started on 23rd may and 3 inches abdo and hips so just need to keep on with measuring!! I never have breakfast on fd as i know i would then continue to eat. I tend to do fd mon and thurs, busy with work all week but mon and thurs i am busier and have to go into the office for a few hours which is good as i refuse to eat at my desk. Good luck with your progress.
    @stevetoontaxidriver – what a great feeling, well done.
    @anna6 – glad little one is slowly improving.
    There are some amazing peeps on this forum. Keep on

Day 23 USA FD
    Thank-you to all the wonderful supportive people in the group.āœØ
    March, April, May of 2017 were great FD’s and NFD’s for me. For July; I need to apologize, I haven’t been able to sustain FD’s like I used to. I have a FD today, with a major migraine šŸ˜© Hoping I can at least make it through today as a FD.

So glad to see all of the group support and participation. I’m still trying to find the balance of an acceptable NFD (1400 cals) then onto the FD. The Carbs and or sugar/wine is throwing me off. I hope I can find my balance point that doesn’t cause an increase in my appetite or migraines, making it harder to have decent FD’s. I did it before, Hopefully I can do it again.āœØ

Day 22 UK NFD šŸŒˆ
    Day 23 UK NFD šŸŒˆ

OTT weekend of fun and merriment, food and alcohol, myself and the Cruella (scale) are not talking ATM, my fault I don’t wanna hear what she has to say before I beg for forgiveness. What’s the saying easier to ask for forgiveness than permission! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Good news though no weight loss for a while, like others I have been sitting on a plateau, think I’ve actually set up camp, however my clothes definitely fit better so repositioning weight I think, i.e. Muscle building and fat losing. Happy with that. šŸ‘ŠšŸ»šŸ˜ŠšŸ‹šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļøšŸš£ā€ā™€ļø

DAY 1 Hervey Bay Australia
    Thanks for welcoming me everyone!! Looking forward to August challenge but getting a head start now. Over 50 and finding the weight goes on easily and doesn’t want t budge. Hoping this way of eating does the trick!! First FD today.šŸ˜€

Day 23 NFD North Wales

Day 23 USA FD
    @coda Thank-you for checking in on me, Thank-you for all your initiative and support in these weightloss Challenges. Your information shared has been very helpful. I’m climbing my way back. I appreciate all your time, iniative and efforts.šŸ˜ŠāœØšŸ˜ŠšŸ˜ŠāœØ

I committed a big sin. I ate crisps.

And I had Dr pepper (diet)

So so rubbish food

Day 24 – Tokyo, Japan – FD 83.7kg

Kicking off another fast day. Here is the pocket list from last Monday. Modify as needed.

@msraven
    @debster251
    @msraven
    @matron65
    @lilymartin
    @brightonbelle
    @saffy420
    @anna6
    @hannahwatto
    @redrockgirl302
    @sirisan
    @mogaman
    @ellie-rainbow
    @at
    @annemarilyn
    @dykask
    @ducks_d
    @chickensrock
    @molij
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver
    @liathanail
    @missybear
    @helenalee
    @chumi
    @basyjames
    @Chitown Gal
    @lisalily82
    @UnFatRabbit

========================================
    I’m thinking harder about doing a multi-day fast in late Aug. Maybe 4 full days. My longest fast is 86 hours so far, so I would probably go for the 100 hour mark.

Day 23 NFD St. Louis USA
    Will be fasting again tomorrow and Tuesday for a regular back to back. Will weigh in on Wednesday and then determine if I’ve really hit my go or if I need to stay with a third fast day a week.

@anna6 So glad to hear your child is doing better. Nothing worse for a parent been feeling helpless to help your little one when they’re sick.

I’m noticing that were all at so many different places as far as what we weigh and where we want to go. It makes the actual weight seem less relevant.

Just completed a 40 minute kettle bell workout here at home. I’ve been working with a trainer enough that I’m feeling comfortable doing the workouts alone. I have a pinched nerve in my right shoulder that affects bicep so I have to be careful and not use too much work. My trainer helped me be aware of the muscles to engage in use in order to protect that area. Being older, recovery time is slower. I’ve been told with weight training that you need to eat more calories so I’m trying to figure this out as well.

All my best to all of you.

Day 24/FD/Melbourne Australia

@okeydokey lovely to hear from you and I do hope your migraine has settled down.

Day 23, USA Kansas, NFD

I’ve been updating the tracker, but I have been a bit lax about coming into the forum and for that I’m truly sorry. Not feeling well, will see if I feel better tomorrow and if I’m not I’ll push my planned FD off until later in the week.

Day 23, Hong Kong, FD
    Been doing this for a week now, so my third fast day – about to go on holiday for a while, and hoping that I can keep up while socializing and visiting people.
    Cross fingers!

Day 24 FD country West Australia
    Day 23 NFD
    Day 22 NFD
    Day 21 NFD

Visiting family on for the past 3 days in the city, so NFDs which I was always so careful with at the start, are Blow Out days.
    Have given up camping on the plateau – am living here. In style.
    Ditched the tent for a full blown mansion with 4 carports, lawns, gardens, a lake , you name it because I have NOT shifted for a LOOOOONNNNNGGGGG time.
    ( Needless to say the month of July has not been helpful in my trying to ditch some of the excess weight. I had previously been reasonably mindful and careful with what I ate.
    MY OH was even concerned at my lack of food intake on some days. When that didn’t work I threw caution to the winds and have indulged fairly intensely on several days since.)
    Taking each day as it comes for the next week – where has the month gone?? with 2 normal FDs, today and Thursday.
    Is anyone heading up an August challenge? If so I would love to join.
    From the chandeliered hall of my plateau mansion – have a good day all!

Day 24, India, FD
    Had 2 NFD’S on the weekend and have gained 2 kgs that i had lost. This is happened for the second time in 2 weeks. Wonder if its water weight or I need to be on this diet longer for weekends to not affect the scales. In the end it is just a number and I wont let it affect me but I often come across people who are in maintenance on this forum and a day or 2 of indulgence doesn’t affect the scales.
    Have a great week everyone šŸ™‚

Viewing 50 posts - 1,501 through 1,550 (of 1,996 total)

You must be logged in to reply.