July 2017 31 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2017 31 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,994 replies, has 126 voices, and was last updated by  Chitown Gal 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,451 through 1,500 (of 1,996 total)

• Day 22 – Tokyo, Japan, NFD 81kg (178.2 lbs)

I made even after a too aggressive workout made it a little edgy yesterday … I’m feeling pretty normal this morning.

@rahul1905
    @lynzm
    @dykask
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver
    @mogaman
    @coda
    @msraven
    @big_bill
    @bigviking
    @debster251
    @bert1802
    @krisnia
    @sal47
    @chitown-gal
    @metatauta
    @at

========== HANG IN THERE!!!

@bert1802 – Yes fruit intake is very controversial. However I look at it this way, what is the fruit replacing? Most of the time the fruit is replacing stuff that I know that causes problems for me. There are also differences between people. I’m pretty sure a lot of the fructose in fruit never makes it to my blood stream, in fact it seems a lot of the glucose doesn’t make it either and glucose is pretty easy to measure. Some people have too many problems with fructose malabsorption, I can live with my issues although it might force me to take a walk away from other people at times.

I’m walking a fine line and I sometimes step off the line. However, my primary goal isn’t weight loss, it is fat loss and building muscle. While I’m constantly concerned about my current fat, the truth is I’m concerned about is fat I couldn’t even measure before because it was buried. πŸ™‚

2nd post
    Yeah caught up on all the posts
    We seem to have lost a few along the way, you have been missed so if you are lurking in the background please join in again
    Adorabubble
    Alandem
    endellion
    Fatteacher
    Grins
    Jmh44
    Laddie10
    M33
    Mama2two
    Otterlover
    Paisleyfaster
    Privilege
    @sudha
    Tonib1955
    Wix1uk
    Yolina
    @yoyod
    Ziggyb1
    However if I have made an error please let me know.
    now to bed x

A few others have not posted in a while but I’ll give them another while to post x

@coda – you are really putting a lot of work into this. Thank you!

I can’t believe how fast this thread moves.

Day 22 Sunshine Coast Qld Australia: NFD

Hope Alexander is on the improve, Anna6. I hate the way the little ones look so listless when they are sick.

Music with a group this afternoon. I’m rereading a thriller for bookclub, one of the Harry Hole series.

Thanks for the ongoing support Coda and everyone else on the thread. Good to be working with Rocy65 again

Day 21-NFD Syracuse USA

I’m always kind of shocked when I meet people and we talk about this WOL and they ask me if it’s unhealthy. Like abstaining from over-indulging in food for hours (and really it is only hours, even though it can feel like forever) and we’ll just go into starvation mode. Like we’lljust shrivel up and starve to death right there in front of them.
    My 7 yr old watches a British kid who has a YouTube channel about minecraft. (And sometimes he watches peppa pig with his baby sisters) Yesterday, he told his father (my husband) that the basketball was being “cheeky” because it wouldn’t go in the net. Tonight, he told me he needed a “proper” bath. My 4 yr old daughter also asked me for a “lolly”. It’s really cute and funny hearing my American children use these British words!

Day 22 |Sydney Australia | NFD

Having a very nice non-fasting day thus far. It has featured chocolate and mars bar ice creams already. At this rate tomorrow (Sunday, the last day of my fasting week) might have to be a fasting day πŸ™‚ even though I’ve had 3 fasting days already.

On a positive note I had a good session at the gym and my weight is down 5 kilos for the month so far. I started June at 138 kilos, started July at 132, and I’m now at 127.

It’ll be dark in just over an hour (middle of winter here) and I’m tempted to go for a bushwalk (hike) to make the most of the beautiful weather we are having.

SongBirdMe. Plonk derives from vin blanc – brought into English by the soldiers serving in France during the first war. When I started the military vocabulary was full of Arabic, Hindi, Chinese, Swahili words and others of forgotten origin. Many, like plonk, changed almost beyond recognition. Because military service used to be compulsory, many made their way into civilian life. Some didn’t- I still occasionally forget that and have to explain myself to friends who didn’t serve.

Day 22 – Woking, UK – NFD
    248.5lbs
    Not a great NFD yesterday but I think still under TDEE. Trying for a better one today.
    Frustrated that having got down to 245lbs I’ve now bounced back up again.

Off to the cinema to see Dunkirk.

Feeling a bit meh and uninspired today so I really need to shake myself out of it and keep on keeping on.

Day 22 UK NFD

Day 22, UK, NFD

I hate my scales.

Day 22, CD, UK

Feeling massively bloated this morning. Gonna drink a load of water and hopefully feel better… Right, spin class here I come.

Go for it everyone

Day 22 – UK – NFD

Day 21 – CD
    Day 29 – FD went well.

Running out of days this week for my second fast so tomorrow will have to be FD – find fasting at weekends when around the family v challenging!!!

That should read Day 20 – FD 😊

Hey friends. What is a pocket list? Can someone take a mo to explain? Xxx

Liathanail- please tell me what you think of Dunkirk. I’ve got tickets to see it on a small screen in Wimbledon on Monday. Read lots of good reviews but I have a feeling it’s going to be non stop action and a lot of noise.
    Got to fit in a FD today – not going anywhere near any scales. I find them counterproductive. I’m expecting to carry on fasting indefinitely so I expect my weight to go down slowly for the foreseeable, and hopefully plateau at some point when I feel about the right weight.
    Good luck all. We learn better from our failures than our successes. Good job really….

Day 22 Newcastle UK NFD πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§.
    3rd fast day completed. Usual coffee and sugar-free lemon cordial till dinner time and a nice flask of pea and ham soup with the usual fruit.
    @metatauta I’ll look into that low carb keto bread. My wife is gluten intolerant so I’m hoping it’s not like the gluten free bread that she eats I can’t stand it.
    @bert1802 I consume quite a lot of fruit in my diet and veg for that matter. Today I have a small bag of blueberries and gooseberries 2 apricots and an apple not sure if that counts as a lot. I tend to complete the fasting days no problem I never eat til 12:00 noon everyday unless I have abandoned the diet for a day or two which has been twice since March. I never check my TDEE but always stick with in my 600 calories on the FD. If I overeat I’d rather fit another FD into my week. What I really love about this diet is it only feels like a diet 2 days a week. I also like the flexibility, It looks to me like everybody on this forum is doing the 5:2 diet but they all have different angles on how they complete their week. Something I have never mentioned before is I chew sugar-free gum while I drive my taxi it’s a habit I formed 17 years ago when I stop smoking I’m sure it somehow helps with the hunger pangs.
    Sunderland air show this weekend and also gay pride weekend in Newcastle so guess what it’s grey and raining.
    Have a great weekend everyone.

Another controlled and alcohol free NFD yesterday.

@debster251 – did your son’s house complete yesterday – I hope so?
    @belfastsink & @annemarilyn – my friend is very positive but it’s early days so there are further scans & biopsies to be carried out before she knows the true situation and appropriate treatment. Indeed @annemarilyn – we are stronger together across all aspects of our lives.
    @anna6 – best wishes to your daughter and grandson as they embark on the next chapter of their lives. And best wishes to you for a lovely cruise.
    Very glad you found a perfect dress @mia139 – it is indeed a great company – my go to shop for dresses now.
    @sal47 – a pocket list is a list of people who happen to be fasting on the same day/days and feel the need for that extra motivation knowing there are others fasting too. You might even want to print off the list and keep it in your pocket throughout the day/evening. Someone usually starts a pocket list and may add people they have noticed are fasting. Alternatively, you can copy the list to your post and add yourself to the bottom or even start one yourself if noone has done it before you. Hope that’s not as clear as mud!

Looking forward to another lunch out today with friends – I’m driving, so it should end up being another controlled NFD. The end of July is fast approaching – so remember – You are not a product of your circumstances – you are a product of your decisions and your decisions this weekend will contribute to your month end results.

Day 22, Northumberland UK, NFD

Under TDEE yesterday, still finding the maintenance balance as I seem to still be losing weight, all be it slowly, but I find I’m below TDEE most days unless I eat junk, or just eat all day which takes me too far the other way and negates the health benefits….

Day 22 hello co down NI
    fasting until evening reception and just making our way to airport now.

Unless I have missed an overnight post where is @okeydokey πŸ˜”

As flight had been delayed 😦 I’ll catch up when I arrive at airport then I’ll not be tempted to go into holiday mode.

Day 22 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Weight 54.2kg/119.5lbs = happily staying below maintenance πŸ’ƒ

A strong FD yesterday (just over 200cals) in the form of a glass of homemade Kefir in the evening and a bit of skimmed milk in tea during the day – woke up to another overcast and rainy day 🌧 but feeling good! Plan is to continue fasting until a late brunch out with the OH.

@okeydokey – where are you and @fordprefect and @booper-dooper????? Hope your feet are now healed from the 2ndΒ° burns you go on top of your feet whilst walking in San Diego?? We have not heard from you since the first week of July……..missing your cheerful and supportive posts πŸ€—
    @fuvvie – I think I have read most of the Harry Hole series!
    @anna6 – hope little Alexander is still improving πŸ€—
    @sal47 – I see that @Strawberriesandcream has replied to your query about the Pocket List or Pocketeers – I believe it was firstly used by small groups of fasters who were doing unusual types of FDs, such as more than one FD together e.g. B2B or B2B2B or even B2B2B2B before it evolved into a general support group for anyone doing a FD hence the motto of “TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER”
    @Strawberriesandcream – I totally understand where you are with your friend – my thoughts are with you and your friend and I’m sure that she totally appreciates your support and it helps her in staying strong and positive knowing that you care and understand what she is going through “One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood” πŸ‘©β€β€οΈβ€πŸ‘©

No real plans for this weekend but desperately need to catch up with some housework – which I hate doing but needs must – I am hoping for a controlled weekend after the out of control last one!

5:2 is a WOL and not a DIET – therefore it’s a permanent way of eating and it’s all about creating healthy habits, rather than restrictions!
    I think that most of us with time realise that all things can be enjoyed but in moderation – not everyday and certainly not in the portions we may have eaten in the past…………

β€œONLY I CAN CHANGE MY LIFE. NO ONE CAN DO IT FOR ME” Carol Burnett – so sit back and focus on all that is positive, beautiful and wonderful in your life.

@strawberriesandcream – thanks for that! That makes perfect sense, thank you x

Day 22 NFD UK Oxford

Just weighed myself, still 14, 9 (205)

Like I said yesterday, I know why and I’ll take that after the way this month has been. Playing the glad game, I could have gone up, and I reckon I probably did gain but my hard work this last week has taken away the ‘damage’

So… onwards and upwards with positivity and health. And hopefully downwards with weight. Still 9 days to go, let’s see what I can do.

Come on me!

@strawberriesandcream – thanks for that! That makes perfect sense, thank you x

Day 22 NFD UK Oxford

Just weighed myself, still 14, 9 (205)

Like I said yesterday, I know why and I’ll take that after the way this month has been. Playing the glad game, I could have gone up, and I reckon I probably did gain but my hard work this last week has taken away the ‘damage’

So… onwards and upwards with positivity and health. And hopefully downwards with weight. Still 9 days to go, let’s see what I can do.

Come on everyone!

@coda – I see we must have been writing our posts at the same time and both of us were thinking about @okeydokey and her lovely family – hope all is well with them? drop us a line if you are still lurking on the forums x

Day 22 NFD
    Am catching up when I get wifi although there are so many posts I haven’t managed to read them all.
    @Strawberriesandcream thanks for asking – no is the short answer. He says Monday at the earliest and we have to go home tomorrow and he’s back to work. We’ll just have to come back down in a couple of weeks. Did your dad get his sorted? You’ve a lot on at the moment what with that and your poorly friend. Best wishes to her for a complete recovery.
    @bert thanks for the info about fruit – I eat loads of fruit especially in the summer with all the strawberries etc. so I must look at that.
    @penguin – you learn something every day. I love the origins of language!

Yesterday turned from a fast day to a feast day…oops! Couple of naughty glasses of rosΓ©, apple pie… say no more. Feeling bloated and horrible. I’m home tomorrow so back on the wagon and I am not looking forward to those pesky scales.
    I’ve read three books in the Seven sisters trilogy and went to download the next one and it’s not out till the autumn. How annoying.
    Am going now to have a hike around the lake before the next rain shower.
    Onwards and downwards everyone!

Day 22, Wales UK, NFD

Day 22……Florida….. NFD

@dykask…. I think everyone walks that fine line most days, I know I certainly do. I have know many of people who were surprised by the effects of eating to many fruits, so thus the reminder. I think it’s pretty scary that something that is so good for you can do bad things to you as well. I think your in the perfect mind set regarding being healthy. So many judge their health based on numbers on the scale, but it’s so much more than that.
    In my family, to the women of it, we tend to be rather plump and carry a lot of fat in the belly area. I believe doctors in the US call it a belly apron, from the research I’ve done this area in it can be one of the worst area to have it. So, knowing the dangers, I think it is one of the reasons, I’ve been so cautious on my weight and pay close attention to the amount of fat I carry in the middle.
    So, your not alone in the boat!
    @ Steve toon….. confession time……. I’m a gum chewer too…..I’m like up to 2 big packs a week! The mint is my favorite!

Today, is my day off! So looking forward to it. Although this morning will be busy as I’m meeting my best friend for lunch and movie!

At any given time, the urge to sing is just a whim away!

2nd post
    apart from these few days away and that I can’t step on any scales, the last few days I have deliberately avoided them as they were getting me down. I am usually a daily weigher and it didn’t usually bother me but as they were up, down, up and up I found it was getting to me. Why do that to myself? so no weighing for a while and I’ll be gauging how I am doing by my clothes and how I feel before I may step on again.
    @at slow is the operative word lol for my journey but I must not beat myself up. It’s my journey and I just have to keep on keeping on! Thank you and feeling blessed I have you all beside me. β™₯
    @Chitowngal did you ever get those NYDJ shorts you saw? I got a pair of NYDJ jeans (Not your daughters jeans) while in Chicago (great discount thanks to @Chitowngal). They are expensive but the best fit of any jeans I have come across. Really stretchy and come in different styles/colours. If anyone in states is looking for jeans try them but see if you can get them on offer.
    I was really, really miffed the other day as I had also bought a few tee shirts while on holidays – only cheapies but nice colours. I was bloody annoyed to find one had those holes!!!!😭 but I think it is now a combination of the metal jeans button rubbing the tee shirt against our granite work top so I have to remember to tuck my top in! It would explain why it has only recently happened to my clothes. We got a granite surface just b4 Christmas πŸ€”
    Thoughts with those who have friends going through difficult times. I found out recently that out of 5 couples that got married the same year as us (I worked with the girls) my OH is the only male still alive.
    Flight further delayed typical easy jet! Catch up later must talk to my OH lol.

2nd post
    Well, that was emotional. I don’t think I breathed properly for 1.75 hours. Saw Dunkirk at the IMAX and it was incredible. I was in tears at various points.
    @emma Taylor it definitely isn’t just non stop noise and action. Don’t want to pick out anything in particular as I don’t want to spoil it, but it is by far and away the best film I’ve seen this year. It definitely benefits hugely from the IMAX screening. Really can’t say any more except make sure you see it.

Day 22 NFD North Wales

@lorky35
    My granddaughters 13 and 9 see a lot of American TV especially anything to do with singing and dancing. I can sometimes hear an American accent in their voices.
    Don’t let any of the Welsh Irish and Scots tell you they speak British it’s English they speak lol just getting my big wooden spoon out🀣πŸ₯„πŸ₯„πŸ₯„πŸ₯„πŸ₯„πŸ₯„

Day 20 | Cork, Ireland | FD
    Day 21 | Cork, Ireland | CD
    Day 22 | Cork, Ireland | NFD

Tomorrow Sunday, will also be a NFD and back to FD on Monday.

Day 22 USA NFD

Day 22, Gozo Malta, nfd

Thanks Fuvvie, AT, strawberriesandcream and everyone else for your kind wishes for little Alexander. I’m in hospital this afternoon. Alexander’s white cells are good now but they detected a new virus so today he has started taking antibiotics. He isn’t so listless now and taking an interest in his toys but still cries a bit especially when he wants to empty his bowels. His mother and I cancelled his birthday party for tomorrow and intend to do it after my husband, our son and I arrive from our cruise in August.

Today I only had white coffee for breakfast but had fish and some chips when out for lunch.

Have a great Saturday everyone, onwards and downwards

Day 20 NFD traveling, no scale to weigh in
    Day 21 NFD ” ”
    Day 22 NFD. ” ”

Traveling, no scale, but no big food temptations and doing pretty well on eating. It’s been a busy trip so far. Maybe I’ll even lose a little if this continues. That would be a nice surprise on Tuesday morning!

Day 22, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

No moose on the hike and no snakes either. My 12 year old puppy did well! πŸ•πŸ˜

More hiking today. Also weight is up. Well, the pizza and then Γ©clairs might have something to do with it. Not even an eight miles hike will help that! LOL!πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

But there is always the reset button.

Not today, I think. But I am really going for a CD.

Just wondering: Will there be an August challenge?

Have a great weekend everyone!😊😊😊

Day 22 – SW WA USA – NFD

My son has joined me at the lake with his grandma. Beautiful sunny weather! Enjoying but trying to stay mindful in the eating department.

Good to read of everone’s journey when possible. As @at reminded us, it is a WOL as we go through different seasons.

Together we are stronger!

Day 22 NFD St. Louis USA
    Moving slowly today. We’ve had a week of 100Β° plus weather. I think it’s zapping my energy. Did manage to get to my kettle bell class yesterday and take a walk Nothing much planned today. Probably need to clean my house.

All my best to all of you.

Day 22 – USA – NFD

Great fast day yesterday, under 500 cals. with no starving or cravings along with lots of ACV and water. Hosting a BBQ today with friends; friend’s daughter (15) started hand making soaps, lip balms and bath bombs from non-GMO ingredients, so I’m going to give her a good order from myself and friends. Nothing like great body soap, especially with natural ingredients!

Day 22 – McMinnville Oregon USA FD
    Well my B2B was a bust but I’m not giving up. I forgot how hard it is to put the genie back in the bottle once it’s out. My mindset is stronger today so I’m going for a FD.

@at – I wish I had read your post yesterday as I needed the motivation. I read it today so I’m using your encouraging words to keep me on track today. Thank you.

Day 22, Guildford UK, FD
    Day 23, Guildford UK, FD

Feeling very chunky today
    Went back to the gym today, trying to get back into some type of regime following a period during divorce hearing week when I lost complete track of everything. I cant remember eating or not eating. It’s a blur. Decided not to weigh myself until Aug 31.

I can’t see any change in the mirror since I started, I know there must be some as can’t lose this much weight without looking a little different. I just don’t see it! Scales say down and clothes say no. I am not in a UK size 10 yet. I am 45lbs down. This month i bought a size 14 dress its too small, I need a 16! I have never needed a 16. My middle wobbles haven’t changed much, just as barrell as ever.

@coda if I used my clothes to measure I would be put off. It’s scales all the way. Since I have lost so much, it must be from below the knees. Although I guess if I carried a lot of fat internally that wouldn’t show either. So I content myself thinking my organs must be freer of the fat.
    Feeling better though of course and loving the challenges, value the support, helps put things in perspective.

Revenge bod no spanx to come.

@anna6 said some prayers for your little Alexander and will light a candle in church tomorrow

@fatrabbit I have missed a cheery story or two from you on the last threads?

@liathanail watch your recommendation o the film. Imax seems good for this film

2d post – I just made several comments but my post disappeared before I could submit it. If it shows up here twice I apologize but I only hit submit once. Strange Internet goblins
    @Rainbowsmiles I think we have to find our own way to self motivate and gauge our success at times. It seems to me there is flexibility within this program and lots of suggestions and support if we get discouraged.

Speaking of discouragement, I popped on the scale this morning and was somewhat disappointed and a little surprised to see that I had gone up by 3 pounds to where I started the July challenge. As I had posted earlier I’ve met my goal and was looking forward to maintenance, while disappointed it wasn’t totally unexpected. Others have commented about water loss and whoosh effects and my past goals took a few weeks to become firm and in place. Since I had already decided I was going to continue to fast two days a week, the question is do I want to continue with three days until I’ve kept at my target weight for a while? Guess I’ll play it by ear and see. I’m sure many of you have been where I am. It’s just heartening to have the encouragement and support and always a new day and another opportunity. I’ve seen posts recently about a belly apron. I think It was called for a belly fat on women particularly. While I did lose some of that, my apron is still intact. It is lovely to be and feel slender, my goal is healthy, strong, which is wellness.

Day 22 – USA (Illinois) – NFD

I didn’t do so well yesterday. Those day after FD’s are rough for me. Since I ate a bag of microwave popcorn watching TV, I hope it is water retention from the salt.

I love reading about how kids pick up on accents from different cultures! They are so resilient.

@anna6 – prayers for Alexander and your whole family for healing and care

Day 22 UK NFD but controlled!

Day 22: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD….still hoping.

SongBirdMe. When I was 19 yrs and still had the accent of north east England I went to Hong Kong where one night a week I taught English to Chinese teenagers. In the next room a Canadian pal was doing the same thing. Listening to the kids it was immediately obvious who was teaching them.

Day 22 Cornwall UK

Great to read through this thread and see the great support and encouragement given. I feel ready to get back onto 5/2 next week.
    I’m away for the weekend looking after my grandson 4, my daughter and husband have never had a weekend off on their own because he has been a poorly child with lots of health problems. The good news is he’s much better and it has been a joy to see him so well.

Day 23 – Mornington Peninsula Australia – NFD

I’ve been keeping busy the last couple of days putting up lining board on the walls of the staircase. Got my mitresaw out (which was a birthday present from my husband and sons) and had a great old time working out angles and lengths. My OH does not know I’m doing all this so cannot wait to see his face when he gets back home :). Funnily enough woodworking reminds me a bit about quilting as it is a lot about maths and planning ahead neither of which I am terribly good at by the way. Baking up a storm this morning with lemon sponge cake, brownies and apple cake for the office morning tea tomorrow.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone!

@penguin- fascinating differences in accents. I know we in the USA often remark how we cannot understand those from the South, or Boston, or NYC, even others. We Midwesterners (I am in Illinois) believe we have the “true American” accent, or should we say, the most understandable to everyone.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,451 through 1,500 (of 1,996 total)

You must be logged in to reply.