Join our Journey in January!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Join our Journey in January!

This topic contains 389 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  AT 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 408 total)

• Day 14 UK NFD

Made it! 4 x FD800 Mon-Thurs! I feel a LOT less puffy and my fat suit is shrinking, down a total for the month of 2″ from bust & waist & hips. I’m down 3lbs for the week, 7lbs/3kg for the month at 182lb/82.5kg, BMI gone from 30.5 to 29.4. I know there’s a LONG way to go (c37lb/17kg) but a really encouraging start.

Yesterday was long and stressful. I had a very awkward zoom meeting which has undermined my confidence enormously ahead of a big event later this month. i need to do some processing, grounding and letting go then good prep for the day. Also planning and prioritising so I’m feeling less overwhelmed and more robust.

Today’s a day off. After a late sleep I’m going to do gentle yoga & meditation this morning, hoping it’ll be warm enough to plant some late bulbs – the pots are ready I just need to plan and plant. it’s a mixed weekend – I’ll be prepping for a community day tomorrow so a lovely early night tonight – sleep is foundation of all good things. Sunday I’m home with a zoom gathering plus two separate garden visitors for lunch and tea.

Have a good weekend

Day 10- FD- Atlanta, GA

Hello All!

Ive been away for awhile. I’ve done this journey before, so I know the ropes. I hope that I can join you all on this WOL again. Today is my 10th day this New Year. I’m excited about my progress thus far, as Covid had me up about 10-12 lbs over the last year. I’ve managed to trim down about 7 lbs so far. About 8 more to go before maintenance. I will probably shoot for about 10 over all though. Looking forward to commenting and responding to you guys this month.

Happy Friday to you all!!

Day 14 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

I finally feel like I’m getting back on track after another good sleep & a successful FD. Still need to shift a kilo to get back to my goal weight though.

@doradostern – welcome!

@michelinme – wow?! Well done on the 3 kgs down already!

@froby79 – I’m glad you cleared that up. I had an image of you cramming furry little creatures into your blender to make a smoothie 😳

@jaifaim – Norway?! Lucky you! One of the few truly unforgettable places I visited during my 15 years working on cruise ships. Such breathtaking scenery.

@northgeorgia – I hope your dad is back home safe & sound soon.

Happy Fri-yay y’all! 🍷

Day 14 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 213 lbs. So close to 212, but meh, at least the 10-day average continues its overall downward trend. The hospital let me in to see my father yesterday evening when I went to pick up my mother. Wasn’t sure; they sure did a lot of shouting and weird glares at the folks in front of me. Even though it was just 15 minutes or so, it was good to see him. He is doing better, but still doesn’t want to eat anything or walk much. Unfortunately, both are important — and he still has some fluid on him. Although a nurse tried to encourage him that “maybe” today he’d be released, I feel doubtful. But perhaps if he pushes through the pain to try walking a bit more, eat at least one substantive thing, and gets more fluid off, I don’t know… maybe Saturday? There may be an ice storm Sunday, which would prevent us from coming by for a day or two, so… we’re hoping.

Good luck to all!

Day 14 – UK -CD/TDEE

Have decided not to try for another FD this week, lots of exercise done do trying for a day like yesterday i.e. a CD/TDEE type day….

I’m happy with having more control this week:- Sun-FD800 – Mon-FD800 Tues-FD800 – Wed-NFD Thurs-TDEE – Fri-CD

Today’s walk started from Elterwater up to to Silver How across to Lang How and then Swinescar Pike before heading back down – 7.98km – 489m elevation – average pace 10.17/km – 648 cals according to Strava – just over 12,700 steps – really pleased with this week’s walking effort!! ( @i-hate-lettuce – another one you might know)

OH is doing well but still having flashing lights but feeling good in himself otherwise – a positive of this incident is that we have rediscovered that we enjoy going for hikes together so hopefully once he is back to running we might carry on and do a weekly hike!!

@doradostern – welcome to our group – always great to have extra company on this WOL – sounds like you are like me with the ZBC (zero breakfast club)
    @daffodil2010 – the dry till Saturday didn’t happen with me either 🤣 the bottle of white I opened on Wednesday night will be finished tonight – not bad to make it last over 3 nights!!!!
    @froby79 – where in Italy are you having your trip – love all things Italian!
    @therealwill78 – welcome back – sounds like you are back in the groove already
    @northgeorgia – keeping positive thoughts coming your way for your Dad’s recovery

I need to get organised to go for my haircut appointment – definitely in need of a tidy up!!

“Can you give yourself just five minutes to turn your attention within today? Sit. Be with yourself. The sensations. Your thoughts. Your breath. Your feelings.”

Day 14 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

I made it through my WF yesterday with little struggle and am back to the weight I was after Tuesday’s WF; now to see how long I can manage to go today–so far, so good. It’s already slick outside, so however much snow we get by the time it’s all over (the estimations have changed from 10″ to 2″), it’ll definitely be unpleasant for the duration. But I’m all set to be hunkered down for the day; the rest of the Christmas decorations WILL get put away today, some tidying will happen, I’ll get some work down on a meeting that happens Sunday afternoon, and then I’ll cook our lovely Eggplant Parmesan for tonight, along with a green salad and garlic bread, and of course a lovely red.

@at I’ve been looking forward to tonight’s glass(es) of red wine since Wednesday!! 😂

@michelinme Isn’t it amazing how a fresh approach can make a huge difference? So glad you’re finding it smooth sailing for now!

@brightonbelle We need a way to be accountable to each other over the weekend, because those are the days I also entirely lose the plot. Ideas??

@penz I keep thinking about your new job; I hope it’s bringing you as much joy and satisfaction as it seems to be bringing you non-stop commitments. ❤️

@songbirdme Care to share your recipe?? Sounds delish!

@doradostern Welcome! Note that the day you list is the day of the month; since we’re an international group, it helps us all keep track of when you are posting. How much are you wanting to lose? This is a terrific group of friendly people with great advice, so log in every day, and you’ll soon find yourself on the weight loss journey you’re wanting!

@daffodil2010 Such an irritant to have a pain in your neck! I hope it goes away easily and that you and DH have a wonderful time away this weekend.

@i-hate-lettuce There are still some cousins in Norway (like, third or fourth, or even tenth, LOL), and my sisters and I dream of going there together some day in the next few years. Your description makes me think I need to push for sooner than later!

@froby79 😂🤣😂🤣😂 I actually read “milk” but when @funshipfreddie reacted to “mink” I looked it up, wondering what it was. Too, too funny! And a trip to Italy for the weekend?!?!??? Only in Europe… Have fun!

@michelinme Well done on accomplish 4xFD800!! I know how awful it can be when someone undermines your confidence as the Zoom meeting did; hopefully you’ll work through the issues that are troubling you and come out shining soon!

@therealwill78 Welcome back! Don’t forget the listed day is the day of the month, not your journey’s day. I still have at least ten pounds to go, and possible 17, so I’m envious that you’re closer to goal than I am! 😜

@northgeorgia I’ll bet it’s hard for you not to see your dad more than once this week, and not to give him some of your stellar determination so he can make faster progress. So glad he’s progressing decently!

@at Impressive hikes you’ve been taking!!! Glad your DH is doing well other than those flashing lights; hopefully they’ll be gone soon also!

Okay, lots to do today if I’m going to have a peaceful time cooking this afternoon. Good RESOLVE to all of you!!

Day 14 UK NFD

So I’ve done well this week and do not want to undo all my good work so I’ve committed my food / drink to MFP and plan to stick to it ! I’m taking it a day at a time but seems doable ? Just knowing you’re watching is spurring me on @stitchincarol- I’ll try and return the favour

Day 14 – 16:8

Still have slight fever. Doing better tho and ate well yesterday. Mid month weigh in 148.5. Right direction, but lawdy how slow it is moving 😂. 141 gets me out of the overweight BMI and still hoping to get there by 1 April.

Have a good friday and weekend.

Day 14 UK NFD

Thank you @stitchincarol for the reminder! And thank you for all the welcomes, it really made my day. I’m planning to lose approximately 15kg (I’m 167cm and weigh 75.3 kg on the first day), and I’ve tried some quite extreme weight losing ways before such as a consistent low to no carb diet but didn’t end well. Not only my weight would get back as soon as I begin eating normally, but I also craved for high-calorie food to an extent that I would keep on eating even I felt full, so I hope this way could give me a better WOL.
    @at -ZBC let’s gooo! Actually, I felt that eating breakfast makes me more fatigued during the morning, so even during NFD I skip breakfast sometimes. I’ve lost about 0.8 kg from yesterday’s fasting but I think I will weigh myself once per week. Interestingly I was quite hungry yesterday night but not so much today morning, and food really tastes good during FD!

@stitchincarol – and anyone else who wanted my recipe.

Italian Stew (low-carb)
    Serves 6

Ingredients:

2 T. olive oil
    1 med. onion, chopped
    3-4 cloves garlic, minced
    1.5 lb. Italian sausage (if links, cut up into small chunks)
    1 can Italian flavored diced tomatoes (14.5 oz.)
    1 bag (16 oz.) Italian style vegetables (thaw slightly and cut up smaller)
    18-26 oz. beef stock (depending on how thick or thin you like it – stew or soup)
    1 T. Italian seasoning
    2 bay leaves

Lightly sauté onion in olive oil, adding garlic last. Add sausage and continue browning. Drain off grease. Add all remaining ingredients and simmer at least 30 minutes. Serve with grated Italian cheese as garnish. (I like the Italian blended shredded cheese pre-packaged.)

[Other tomato products can be used. Last night I used 1/2 jar Prego spaghetti sauce I had in the fridge. Stewed, sauce, etc. can substitute.]

Day 15 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Checking in for accountability

@therealwill78 – welcome back!

Wishing everyone a good weekend. ⛅️ 🌈

Day 15 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Just a quick call in off out for a long wander this morning, looks like it’s going to be a beautiful day.

@at – I semi-resided in Elterwater in the mid 70’s, stayed with friends who lived in the quarrymans cottages (the row opposite the Britannia pub up to the left) We covered miles of the whole area, we often used to wander down through Little Langdale, Tilberthwaite and into Coniston for a night out! The walk back was often fun, especially if it was a really dark night with no moon or torch!

Take care all

Day 15 – NFD -Uk

Good day everyone, in my flight to Rome. I’m not sure I’ll be able to stick to the calories today, very excited to surprise my family and eat my mum’s gnocchi alla sorrentina and the Neapolitan pastiera… Better if you don’t google them, you might gain weight by just looking at them!! :-))

Roberta

Day 15 UK NFD

Planned my day on MFP Confident I can stick to it , off to walk up to the Rugby club now where I’ll be having a slimline g&t instead of my usual beer , and mussels prepared for dinner on our return

@froby79 Rome! That’s where I plan to be in 6 weeks time

Have a good Saturday all

Day 15 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 215 lbs. My father came home yesterday afternoon! Still going to be a long road to recovery, but he did eat a little more; about to find out how he rested last night. He said the hospital bed and chair were as comfortable as a rock.

Not sure if tomorrow or Monday will be the FD. I have a banquet for work to attend tonight, then a major winter storm with 40-50 mph gusts will hit overnight and throughout the day on Sunday. If it’s ice, oh brother, we’ll be without power and stuck indoors. If it’s snow, yay! It may not damage the power lines so much and will be a pretty sight (snow in this part of the world melts within a few days).

Best wishes.

Day 15 – Rural Nebraska, USA – dunno, only barely awake

I slept terribly last night and gave up at 3:15. I got back to sleep around 7:30, but only briefly as some loud noise (the snow plow?) woke me up, and when I couldn’t get back to sleep again, I gave up for the whole day. Coffee is brewing, LOL!

My eating was spot-on yesterday, and I was quite proud of myself! That’s not to say I didn’t eat lots of food and drink lots of wine (well, not THAT much), but to say I ate/drank according to plan. Today’s plan is still up in the air, but I’ll simply eat as little as I can accomplish. @brightonbelle, I’m thinking of you!

@mariaelena Slowly indeed, but progress is still progress!

@doradostern When I was 18, I announced to my mom (a dedicated breakfast eater) that I simply didn’t WANT breakfast. I’ve pretty much skipped it ever since. The thought of food in the morning is actually rather repulsive to me, and experience over the decades has taught me that the sooner I eat in the day, the hungrier I am the rest of the day, and the more I eat. There are a number of ZBC naturals in this group, and several more who do that as a TRE measure, so you’re in good company. And many of us find it very natural to be starving at the end of a FD and not in the least hungry when we wake up. Drown the hunger with water, and learn to love the feeling of hunger, and it will become more comfortable. So delighted you’re finding 5:2 a good fit!

@songbirdme Thanks for the recipe; I’ll make it soon!

@i-hate-lettuce “The walk back was often fun, especially if it was a really dark night with no moon or torch!” uh-Huh, that sounds like fun to me too! 😂🤣😂🤣

@froby79 What a wonderful time you’ll have! We’ll look forward to details when you get back.

@brightonbelle Ahh, didn’t remember you’re a beer girl as well. Good stuff. Such a shame it’s absolutely loaded with carbs, and carbs have now turned out to be my enemy when it comes to losing weight! sigh 🤣

@northgeorgia Such lovely news that your dad came home; I’ll be he’s thrilled to back among the familiar sights of home! And your weight is staying steady throughout this all; talk about RESOLVE and discipline!!

SIL got a job interview in Indiana next Friday…DD will be 38weeks pregnant at that point. He was threatening not to go, and she was pushing him not to worry, so I’m flying there next Thursday evening to stay with her for the 30 hours he’ll be gone, LOL! His concern is actually quite valid as they live in an extremely remote area: the closest hospital would take me 50 minutes to reach–more if DD were in labor and I kept having to slow down for her–but that particular hospital doesn’t do labor and delivery any more, so it would be another 30 minutes at least to their hospital. And that’s assuming there’s no snow on the ground, LOL! Thankfully, there’s no snow in the forecast yet; fingers are crossed that it stays that way, and that she doesn’t go into labor until SIL has returned! 😜❤️ Fun days as we wait to welcome baby girl #2!

And this quilter grandma hasn’t even begun her quilt yet, which is giving me all sorts of frantic feelings as I still don’t have time to begin it. Soon, soon, and hopefully it will go quickly once I start!

Have a grand day, everyone!

Day 15 – 16:8

Ate pretty well yesterday, after my smallish size salad, was still hungry so had some more!

Added Bok Choy to my salad greens. I very much dislike very bitter greens, so baby spinach, and the green part of romaine have been my go to greens, willing to try any suggestions to supplement tho. I like cabbage (especially any and all coleslaws) but when I shred it I get A) a mess and B) very tough bitter pieces. Dunno what I’m doing wrong.

@doradostem – like @stitchincarol, I’m another natural ZBC — I’m never hungry in the A.M. even after a WF day. I can not deny I like breakfast foods, but they make a good lunch, IMO.

Today an experiment is on the plan, we are going to try chaffles for lunch. A keto craze it seems, I don’t have high expectations but if they turn out well, I’d be thrilled. I will try for a neutral one, a sweet one and a savory one and see.

Happy weekend all.

Day 15 UK NFD

Been out since first thing this morning, checking in for accountability. It was my first time in town in a month so quite hard to be there, but mainly pretty quiet and most people wearing masks. A cold and foggy day in London town! There was a demo that went past (against the police bill criminalising protest!) but again spaced and wearing masks.

I had a nutty breakfast bar at 1pm and an outdoor pret picnic with a friend at 2.30pm eggs/spinach and a popcorn bar. Supper was M&S vegan kiev, leftover potatoes, roast parsnip & butternut squash, and brussel sprouts. All feels indulgent but comfortably under TDEE.

I love the way fasting resets my relationship with food. Compared to last weekend I’m more mindful, weighing up whether to have treats rather than impulsively eating – and weighing food/counting calories to keep me on track. I don’t want to lose the progress I made this last two weeks! My portions are smaller and there are more vegetables on the plate. Also I popped into the supermarket on the way home and treated myself to a cauliflower, apples, vegan chorizo and vegan custard – no chocolate or ice cream this weekend. If I have room for pudding today it’ll be stewed apple and custard.

I couldn’t sleep last night & was still awake at 2.30am so using an early night and Sunday at home to catch up and rebalance. But all in all, a good day!

@northgeorgia so glad your dad is home – and ahead of the winter storm. Fingers crossed for minimal disruption

@stitchincarol i love your long chatty posts. Glad you’ve arranged to go and stay with DD next week – and hope the baby doesn’t come early

2nd post

Upheaval here, unsurprising but MIL, SIL, niece, hubs aunt and uncle all have Covid.

Sigh. Hubs may have to move out for a while as they will prob be needing help and we can’t risk my getting it as if I’m my ancient papa’s backup caretaker in case something goes wrong there. We are looking into short term rentals for him, as that might be as cost effective as an air bnb/hotel.

If I’m gone for a while, I’m dealing with stuff. Wishing good health to everyone here.

Day 15 UK NFD

It’s been a good day, and I realized that my portions are getting smaller! I ordered a takeaway and thought I could finish it, but turns out I’m full after a half of the food lol. I was quite hungry before that since I didn’t eat breakfast, but it turns out that I need less than I thought.

@mariaelena -I’m so sorry to hear that! Hope everything goes well.

Day 16 Melb Aust NFD

Going well so far this month, yay! Weighed in yesterday down 2.1 kg (4.6 lb) from the start of the month.

@michelinme, not up to your loss, but I am persevering far in your wake. Well done you with your re-adjustment with food. Hope the confidence has built up again after that awkward zoom meeting.

@mariaelena, so sorry to read of so many family members having Covid. Hope everyone recovers quickly.

@northgeorgia, glad your father has been allowed home already – good progress.

Have a good day everyone.

Day 15 – USA (Illinois) NFD

Thanks to all of you who have been supporting our group. I’ve had obligations yesterday and today so haven’t been able to put time into posting. I spent the day today judging at a HomeSchool Science Fair for our region and am home now having a lovely glass of Menage a Trois midnight dark red blend wine.

Please know I am thinking about everyone!

Onward and downward.

Day 16 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@northgeorgia – great news to hear your dad is finally home!

@mariaelena – wishing your family members speedy recoveries

@doradostern – I’m also a ZBC-er. Can’t even look at food before 11am or later, no matter what I ate the day before.

Happy S🌞nday!

Day 16 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Going for a sensible eating day today rather than a FD, will save that for tomorrow as usual. Not a lot happening at the moment, getting ready for our next trip away, which is this next week! Going to be missing for a couple of weeks again.
    Going to be next months challenge when we return!

Take care all.

Day 16 – UK/ITALY – FD

Good day from Rome!! The surprise went really well.. my parents were shocked when they saw me!

Fasting day for me. The only chance to avoid overeating Italian food! Who else is joining me today?

Pocket list
    Froby79

Day 16 – Ireland – NFD

Good morning all! Happy Sunday ☀️

Last day of break away and enjoying glorious weather most of the time…
    Lots of good hikes with decent climbs – 450m or so each day… and good food then because I deserved it 🤗😂 No drink thought as still on the dry but not missing it and it’s becoming more the norm for me..

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend and I look forward to catching up with posts in the week ahead
    👍

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 16 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 217 lbs. Well, 5-10% of the county is without power right now. So far, we’re lucky. But the wind is strong and unfortunately, we got mostly sleet and freezing rain overnight, which means a quarter inch of ice everywhere. When it starts up again in a couple of hours, I am hoping it’s mostly fluffy stuff and the wind begins to die down.

Going to try for a WFD today. I spoke to a colleague at work last night who gained 40 lbs in the pandemic. I explained about intermittent fasting and the 5:2 philosophy in general. He was very intrigued and will likely end up adopting the WOL. That’s what’s so nice about it — anyone can do it.

I think my father has started watching the Georgia/Alabama game I recorded for him while in the hospital 😉

Pocket list – day 16
    @froby79
    @northgeorgia

Day 16 – CD
    Day 15 – NFD

Lots of lovely hikes with OH since his head injury has stopped him running 🤣 seriously he is feeling OK but still getting flashing lights in his left eye – tension on the retina from the small bleed he suffered when he hit his head – should settle with time…..
    Yesterday was spent exploring various trails up to Loughrigg – rarely frequented ones by the tourists – 11.84km – 538m – Av pace 12.32km – 17,559 steps
    Today – from Grasemere – a steady climb to the top of Steel fell 553m then along the ridge making a horseshoe to Calf Crag and Gibson Knot 422m and down via Bracken Hause back to the car – 11.58km – 655m – Av pace 13.14km – 18,079 steps

Had a lovely meal from Simon Rogan again last night and enjoyed a 1/2 bottle of champagne with it – felt I had earned that treat – tonight is Mary Berry’s Roasted Pepper, Beetroot and Feta Oval Tart – made this a week or so ago and we so enjoyed it that it’s making another appearance tonight

With all the walking I have been doing for the past 7 days, I have gone to bed early and slept well – amazing how fresh air and uphill walking can help with getting a good night’s sleep 😴

@stitchincarol – I’m sure that you enjoyed the 🍷 on Day 14
    @brightonbelle – hope your plan for the weekend worked 🤞 I also find that committing my food / drink to MFP certainly helps
    @mariaelena – hope the fever has settled and you’re feeling better- so sorry to read that MIL, SIL, niece, hubs aunt and uncle all have Covid – hopefully they all have a mild form of the virus and recover quickly
    @doradostern – I do ZBC every day as I find if I eat breakfast I tend to consume more calories for the day – so even when hiking I just have a cup of tea before I set out and then eat a snack once I’m back home and save most of my calories for my evening meal – works for me anyway
    @songbirdme – that Italian stew works for me and OH too
    @i-hate-lettuce – I have a friend who owns the first cottage on that row now – I don’t think I would be up for the night walks without a good headtorch 😱
    @froby79 – your mum’s recipes had me drooling – enjoy!
    @northgeorgia – good news re your Dad – best place to recover is definitely home – his own bed and your mum spoiling him
    @stitchincarol – eating and drinking according to plan is somewhat satisfying as it shows control – hope all goes well for your DD and the baby waits for dad to return before it makes a safe arrival x
    @betsylee – great news on the 2.1kg drop
    @jaifaim – good to hear that you too have been enjoying some great hikes and that the weather has been good for you

Good luck to the brave souls fasting today 🤞 your RESOLVE stays strong – I’ll be joining the pocket list tomorrow…..

Off to start roasting the peppers for that Mary Berry’s Roasted Pepper, Beetroot and Feta Oval Tart – it won’t make itself 🤣

Day 16 USA (Illinois) NFD

Woke up this morning to winter sparkling frost with temps near zero F – sunny and cold is invigorating. By now, late morning here, the trees are sending off huge “flakes” of the frost.

@therealwill78 – welcome back! Some of us are still here, hanging out like before. Yes, you do know the drill and the success this WOL has.

@at – thanks so much for the help keeping people supported.
    @stitchincarol – same to you. As much as I am sure you are anxious to see that new granddaughter, bet you aren’t anxious to have her come “on your watch!” My last baby we lived about 35 miles from our hospital in rural Illinois, and she was born in late February. We went to the hospital twice – first time was a false alarm, but DH didn’t want to take the chance.

@doradostern – welcome to our lively and helpful group! This WOL may seem extreme to some (and the thought of it did for me at first too) but did not after I read “The Fast Diet” by Michael Mosley, MD, and Mimi Spencer. Plus I love that no one is selling food, programs, weigh-ins etc. as this WOL is virtually free!

@brightonbelle – I am also a huge proponent of MFP. I even put DH’s meals into a new account for him, mostly to show him how much sugar he consumes. It is starting to open his eyes.

@mariaelena – so sorry your family has COVID. May their illness be mile and over quickly.

@froby79 – yeah for your surprise in Rome! Yes, Italians sure do know how to cook delicious food. Our fave local restaurant is Italian, and we know.

@jaifaim – your hikes and climbs sound wonderful, and oh so healthy.

@northgeorgia – whew, ice storms are awful. Hope and pray your power stays on and that you are safe. Yeah for your dad getting to watch the AL/GA game. Sure was exciting! I was glad Georgia won. DD #3 considered UGA, and our visit did get to see “between the hedges” field. We own property in the Talladega National Forest that we inherited when my parents passed (my mother was born there in 1922 so Dad bought the land) but I have cousins who went to UGA. Anyway, hope your dad enjoyed the game and continues to improve!

Onward and downward.

Day 16 UK NFD

Quick check in for accountability. Yesterday was derailed by popcorn and oats – weird to eat carbs and laste after two weeks, but hey ho.

I’m wiped out from yesterday and didn’t sleep that well again. This morning i joined online church, had a Zoom gathering online at lunchtime then a lovely friend for tea and catch up. Lovely stepson is coming over to drop some things off and have a coffee catchup for an hour, then i’ll be bath & early bed.

This morning I made paleo butternut squash muffins that are grain and fat free. I had all sorts of ideas for high protein supper but I’m knackered and have leftovers so it’s baked sweet potato, sprouts and reheated vegan kiev. I’ll be glad to be fasting again tomorrow – the focus is so helpful.

Lovely to read posts but so tired today…

Day 17, FD, Aus

An excessive weekend, busy and fun. Back on the wagon today.

Welcome @dorado Stern and welcome back @therealwill78 – I remember you from years back!

Still settling in to the new job, thanks for asking @stitchincarol. I have to say, so far I’m not enjoying it…. 🙁

Yay @NorthGergia – v pleased to read your dad escaped the hospital and is safely home before the storm arrives.

@froby79 – I have bad sleep habits anyway so have not noticed whether a FD affects it at all. But I wonder if maybe you’re sleep is off after a FD because it’s a different routine from a ‘normal’ day? Apart from the calorie intake, is your FD routine the same? Do you go to bed at the same time, eat an evening meal at the same time? (And congrats on your weight loss journey to date – doing well!!)

I had to look up chaffles, @mariaelena, never heard of them. I’m guessing your plan to try them got thrown out the window with your family’s COVID news. Hope they recover soon, and you get your OH back safely.

Day 16 UK NFD

It’s been a great day, and I’ve been accustomed to two meals a day even during NFD which is great. Tomorrow is FD and I’m actually a bit looking forward to that!

Day 17 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Had a lovely weekend by the lake, very relaxing, DH did not catch a thing fishing, but he had many hours of quiet contemplation (as did I) and we both needed it. That full moon was amazing over the lake in the night, no torches needed at all, our shadows from the moon ahead of us.

FD today. We have been upping the protein for the past couple of weeks, but I missed carbs over the weekend, I would have murdered some white toast with butter on Saturday evening, so luckily we were lakeside with no bread to be got for miles 😆😆

Best of luck today fasters.
    Day 17 – Together we are stronger
    @penz
    @daffodil2010

Day 17 – Ireland – FD

Good morning all!
    Having a much needed FD today after an active break but as with most breaks a few treats thrown in… so blessed with fabulous weather and got to many new places. No walk this morning as my legs are quite literally walked off me 😂.
    @at nothing quite like your climbs in the Lake District but good to get the legs working hard as I’ve had some hamstring problems recently… ice underfoot was an issue on high ground but worth it for the sheer beauty.

@i-hate-lettuce and @funshipfreddie yes I am
    So exited for the cruise… I’m not sure how much I will like cruising but this is one I’ve wanted to do so for so many years… 🚢 ♥️🚢. And then I’ll know after that if it’s my type of holiday…

@stitchincarol and @mariaelena you have lots on your plates right now.. I hope all are well in your families and @northgeorgia I hope your dad continues to improve.

@penz I do hope that your new job becomes more enjoyable – maybe just settling in to a new role and routine is hard? Fair play to you!

Hi to @quebecoise and @therealwill78 and others returning or joining – we have a good strong group this year👍💪

Have a lovely Monday.

Onward and downward ⬇️

@penz
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim

Day 17 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Monday morning FD, very cold and icy outside, must be strong, just coffee for breakfast 😉
    Forgot to mention, a great result with the 5:2 WOL and the weight loss, at last weeks annual medical review, fanfare here …. No more medication for blood pressure, it’s down to a healthy level and has been steady for a while, result!

Take care all

@penz
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 17 UK FD

Morning ! Managing to stay on track so really hoping for some movement on the scales 💪

@penz
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle

Day 17 UK FD

Glad to be back on FD and aiming for another week of M-F FD800. Weight a lb up for the wekend at 183lb tho feeling much puffier than a lb!

Today I’m going to be more focussed on protein which will hopefully help the transition from carbtastic weekend. Water/marmite tea during the day and an early supper of eggs, beans, spinach, mushrooms followed by berries.

I’ve got a restful morning and a zoom filled afternoon. But aiming for balance so trying to get yoga, meditation and time outside woven into the day as well as a bit of writing that’s way past deadline – decided to just say something and send it in, it’s not Shakespeare!

Thinking of sleep @froby79 @penz – last night was my first sleep under weighted blanket, a just-delivered Christmas present from DD. I fell asleep in minutes- as tho my body was simply switched off – and didn’t move or wake for 7.5hrs, but didn’t feel stiff. It was very hard to get up this morning and I can’t wait for bedtime – going to take a book to bed at 9pm and try to make this another new habit.

@betsylee well done, 4.6lbs is a brilliant result 🙂 You’re only a tiny bit behind me and I had a head start – we can do this!

@jaifaim and @daffodil2010 your breaks sound wonderful

@penz
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @michelinme

Day 17 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@penz
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @michelinme
    @funshipfreddie

Day 17 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 213 lbs. And the crockpot chili is done LOL! We have about two to three inches of snow on the ground. Hopefully, the roads will be free of ice by tomorrow and the snow should be gone by mid-week. More possibility of snow on Friday, but it has certainly been pretty. So far, we’ve been spared power outages in our neighborhood, although others in the area have not been so lucky.

I’m planning another FD tomorrow. Boy, was it hard to fast when you’re shut up indoors with ice and snow coming down 🙂

Good luck to the pocketlisters today!

Day 17 Melb Aust CD

Slow but slightly more progress down. Now 2.3 kg (5 lb) down. I’m determined to get past this “sticking weight” I have been hovering around for the past several months (blip up of 2 kilos at Christmas, now lost again).

@michelinme, yes, we certainly can do this.

@stitchincarol, have you started the quilt yet? There isn’t much time left, but I do hope, with you, that DD doesn’t produce baby D#2 on your watch.

Great enthusiasm and progress happening with so many – good to see.

Onwards and downwards everyone!

Day 17 – FD 500

Accountability!

Things crazy here and thank you for good thoughts.

@michelleinme a weighted blanket is wonderful, isn’t it! One of my cats also loves to cuddle up under mine with me. I’ve been sleeping under it for a couple of years now and imo it is a big help for sound sleep. I got mine in an odd manner, a local grocery stocked them and they just did not sell, so I splurged when it was discounted to about 40% original price. It was still a big purchase, but I’m so happy I spent that money.

@i-hate-lettuce I’m thrilled to hear you are doing so well you are off the blood pressure meds! So impressive! I’m personally convinced if you can improve health markers enough via diet/WOL to get off meds it is the right move and better for one in the long run. Such good and inspiring news!

@penz I’m crossing my fingers that the job turns around. It was a difficult time of year to start a new job, and now the holidays are behind us I’m gonna hope it does nothing but improve. And we made the chaffles before we got the in-law news – to my surprise they were pretty fantastic, not just a gimmick. I have difficulty digesting wheat (not gluten intolerant but My IBS often flares with over consumption of wheat) so I generally save my wheat ingestion for homemade yummies once or twice a month. That means no sandwiches. The chaffles were good enough to start thinking I might be able to use them in place of bread. YUM!

@songbirdme your winter description sounds so beautiful! I’ll never truly adjust to being so far south that we don’t get a true winter. While I love the long springs and autumns we often have, winter is a special spectacular beauty and I enjoy the sense memories your descriptions inspire in me.

@froby79 Buon divertimento! I ❤️ Roma

Anyone ever have a red banana? I picked up one to try last time I was at market, but it is still far from ripe, I think.

Well, I’m procrastinating. So I’ll get back to things here. The in-law situation is infuriating and DH is so upset and worried I have to take our responsibilities in hand so he can cope with that.

@penz
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @michelinme
    @funshipfreddie
    @mariaelena

Day 17 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

@brightonbelle My deepest apologies. I was doing so well on Saturday, thinking of you, behaving myself…and then Sunday happened and I didn’t. ‘Nough said, yes? The fourteen pounds I’m up on the scale this morning (well, no, not really, but it was no less shocking than if it had been fourteen pounds!) are clearly only water/bulk weight, but they were enough to freeze me in place. And I’ve been thinking all morning, contemplating what the problem is. And I’ve figured out something.

I eat like a woman possessed on Sundays because, in the back of my brain, I have a notion that I should get to eat like other people. So, since I clearly can’t eat like other people and be the thinness I want to be, I eat like other people on Sundays.

Reasonable, right?

Except that I suddenly realized this morning, when staring at 146.6 lbs on the scale, that “other people,” who eat the way I think I should also get to eat, are all of them overweight. Some of them are even obese. Most of them actually. And one of them is morbidly obese.

So what was that I was thinking, that I should get to eat like other people??? Truly?? (So went the conversation I was having with myself.) In other words, I’m saying I want to eat like them because I think THEY don’t have consequences from eating like that, so I should also not have consequences from eating like that. Right? CAROL, have you LOOKED at them lately? You don’t think the way they look is a consequence of how they eat??

And at that point, I froze.

Oh.

You all understand, I well get that they’re overweight because of how they eat, but my Sunday mindset has been somehow ignoring that. I get joy from losing weight when I eat well, but I don’t get much joy from eating well. (Well, yes, I do, it’s good–but it’s more fun to eat gluttonously.)

So I need to learn to WANT to eat little. I need to learn to dislike the feeling of gluttony, and the feelings that result from gluttony need to be higher on my list of things I dislike.

It’s been a morning of deep thought. It’s also been a morning of sewing on DGD#2’s baby quilt; I’m a little over half done. There’s a tiny chance I’ll finish it today, especially if I eat next to nothing, which is what I’ll spend the afternoon working on persuading myself is my absolute favorite way to eat, LOL.

Sorry this is so long, but I know sometimes we find useful comments in other people’s thoughts, so I’m sharing. I’m going back to sewing now, and will check in later to actually read what others have said.

Day 17 – UK – FD600

Frosty but sunny day here – so OH and I set out for another hike exploring Loughrigg again – 11.61km – 518m – Av pace 13.54 – over 18,000 steps – a bit slower today as was preserving energy for my Dynamic Yoga class this evening

As tonight is the first full moon of 2022, also known as the Wolf Moon we did repeated rounds of my teacher’s version of the Moon Salutation which was based on the Kripalu tradition, stretching and warming the muscles 🙏 and finishing with a short relaxation

Back home for my OMAD FD600 – now just enjoying a cup of tea whilst I do a quick log on for accountability then planning an early night 😴

Adding myself to the pocket list, even though it’s the end of the day for me

@penz
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @michelinme
    @funshipfreddie
    @mariaelena
    @at

Day 18, NFD, Aus

Monday’s FDs are always easier than Thursday’s for some reason. How did everyone else go yesterday?

7.5 hours! I’m so envious, @michelinme. It’s too hot here at the moment to even contemplate something like a weighted blanket…

@IHL – your good news story about no more blood pressure meds is another reminder of how over-medicated we are as a society when the ‘cure’ for so many ailments is a healthy lifestyle!! (not picking on you or your medical background – your post just happened to coincide with a feeling I’ve had for so long.)

I did laugh (with you) reading your post @stitchincarol. I feel so much in your head sometimes! It IS fun to eat gluttonously, but that fun is so short lived and the awful aftermath feeling is never worth it. In hindsight. Wouldn’t it be easier if hindsight moved up to foresight?! I forget to do it all the time, but when I do take the time to take small nibbles of something and really savour the texture, flavour, smell and mouth-feel of a morsel, it really is better than my normal large mouthful gobbles. Good luck with finishing that quilt!

Day 17 UK FD

Second time FD! I added in more soup in my menu and it actually helps, as it makes my body warmer and it can kind of deceive my stomach which is great.I agree with you @penz -during FD because of the limit I eat very slowly and enjoyed every bite, it feels much better than stuffing everything in my mouth and swallowing them without even tasting it.
    @stitchincarol -I’ve had similar experiences before. Back when I was using an extreme diet method, I have developed a huge craving for snacks. I never even like those snacks before, but at that time I just want to gather all high calorie food and stuff it in my mouth. In my mind I’ve imagined it to be enjoying and pleasant, but when I finish the food I find out that it;s not the case. They doesn’t even taste that good and my body doesn’t feel right afterwards. I’m still working on this mindset of happily accepting to eat less, but I think improvement has been made.

@penz
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @michelinme
    @funshipfreddie
    @mariaelena
    @at
    @doradostern

second post

I’m checking in for accountability. I ate exactly to plan, and have been doing fine–until just the last half hour since I finished the baby quilt (WHOOPEEEEE!!!) (wanna see? it’s this pattern, in slightly brighter colors: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/229050331039820658/) and have been longing for a glass of wine to celebrate, LOL. Just coming on here and posting has broken the escalating temptation, however, so I’ll be good, and will actually head to bed shortly.

Day 18 – Ireland – CD

Good morning all!

@betsylee I’m looking for that determination too… I’m hovering a few pounds above where I would like to be… 160lbs so I’m going to apply myself now to lose slightly more than needed so that I can bob up to that weight and hopefully hover around there..

@michelinme I’m using a weighted blanket too at the moment… I bought it last year and used it from time to time but have it on the bed now and love the feeling of weight and security… always have even as a child with many blankets and eiderdowns on my bed – cosy!!! 🛌

I worry about washing/cleaning it but will work that out in time.. 🤔.any tips are very welcome 🤗

Have a lovely Tuesday everyone.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 18 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD800?

Well done everyone yesterday. Your comments @stitchincarol really resonated with me, I too often want to eat like that, but I just cannot anymore. As @penz said, wouldn’t it be great if hindsight became foresight !!!

Hmmm, must look up those weighted blankets. I sleep pretty good now that I have a grounding sheet but I tossed and turned last night. Never underestimate the power of the full moon…..it was shining in through our closed blinds AND curtains…that Wolf Moon was strong.

Tum not great today, I kind of know why, so preparing today with a mug of peppermint tea. Going to go to office now but WFH after lunch, going to have that lentil, turmeric, and lemon soup that @at kindly shared the recipe….might have that for both lunch and dinner…hopefully settle the hormonal tum.

Oh and fantastic news @i-hate-lettuce for coming off the BP meds. Big fanfare indeed!

Happy Tuesday all.

Day 18 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

@mariaelena @penz @daffodil2010 – Being taken of BP meds (as far as I’m concerned) is a huge marker. I have been discussing this with Dr for some time, but she was cautious and kept it under review. This time the readings were so good, there was no argument, in fact agreed it was time to ditch them!

I firmly put this result down to the weight loss since I started 5:2 in July 2019 on this Forum, plus increase in walking and making a certain ‘inner warthog’ homeless 😉

So folks, it works! It’s not quick, I’m down round about 20 kg since I started and its been a ‘lumpy’ ride at times, (and I’ve fallen off the wagon face first in the trough occasionally) but much better shape for it… and the medics agree – at last 🙂

Take care all

Day 18 UK NFD

Great news re the meds @i-hate-lettuce 💪

@stitchincarol – I get it ! In my more pleasant thoughts I like to think of my self as a “foodie” but in the darker times,I accept I’m just greedy 🐽At the moment I’m managing to balance things and I like to dream that if I stick to plan long enough eating/drinking sensibly will just become a habit But we’re human – mistakes happen just accept and move on – the suns shining today I’m daring to dream I may get a holiday this summer and the beach wear is all the inspiration I need 👙

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 408 total)

You must be logged in to reply.