Jaunty January 2024

This topic contains 343 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  ccco 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 41 posts - 301 through 341 (of 341 total)

• Day 27 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Fast day by default today. I’m feeling really awful, & can’t imagine ever eating again right now. Not sure what the problem is 🥴️

Have a good weekend everyone 🌤🌈

Pocket List – Day 27 🍓
    @ccco
    @funshipfreddie

Oh, @funshipfreddie/David, I hope you feel better quickly!

USA. DAy 27. FD

Thank you FUNSHIPFREDDIE, for putting me on the pocket list. I am sorry you don’t feel well today. I wish you a speedy recovery.

My FD has gone well today, so I am hoping I have started a trend!

Day 28 ZBC NZ 77.9kg

@stitchincarol I was quite bewildered when you said nobody posted yesterday. Really! What was I doing? Then I realised I had a hair appointment at 9am. I returned with long layers and a flick at the bottom – nothing like a professional blow dry! Feeling glam I then set about organising friends to go out last night… So ZBC today thanks to 2 pints of beer. This morning I worked out that’s about 350-400 kcals… My weight has plateaued – hardly surprising with all the EtOH I notice I’m drinking since I started using @at’s icon system on the sheet. I need to set myself some limits…
    @funshipfreddie Oooh dear. Take care, rest, keep your fluids up… I hope it’s a 24 hr bug🤞
    @cocco Good on you for keeping the faith! You will get a weight change!!
    @northgeorgia It’s interesting to see how high your blood sugar still was hours after eating foods high in fat. You’re on to it now!
    @stitchincarol You’re going to get twice as many words in in the same time frame on your new computer! Thank you for volunteering for next month. If you want me to set up the sheet, choose a name and let me know!
    @fastingnurse Well done on fitting a successful FD in!

4 days to go…
    Onward and downward!!

Day 28 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD 69.8 kg

I’m alive! Just. I don’t think I’ve ever experienced fatigue before like I did yesterday. I felt as if I was coming down with something on Friday, tight chest & a tickle in my throat. Then when I went to bed the hiccups started. I’m usually asleep as soon as my head touches the pillow, but the hiccups seemed to go on forever. Being a bit of a hypochondriac I thought – this is it, this is where it all ends. Death by extreme sleep deprivation 😳 I eventually fell asleep, but every couple of hours I’d wake up, & the hiccups would start again, Yesterday morning I felt absolutely awful, like I could sleep forever. I fed the cat, went back to bed & slept on & off until about 4 pm. I ate nothing all day, just drank water + one coffee & one tea. I heated a can of soup around 8 pm & it tasted awful. I had maybe 3 spoonfuls. Anyway, the horrible fatigue has gone, I just feel a bit fluey now. The annoying hiccups keep coming back though, which is strange. I Googled it, & the advice is to see a doctor if they continue for more than 48 hours.

@stitchincarol – thanks so much for offering to host February. Where did January go?! I noticed at least one of us has fasted every single day so far this month 🎯

Rishi Sunak’s an IF-er https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13014905/Rishi-Sunak-fasts-36-hours-week.html

Happy S🌞nday everyone

Day 28 – Ireland – CD 🚫 ✅ 🚶‍♂️ 🌾

Hi everybody! Just checking in… both myself and mum some of the best of the family have been suffering with this dose which leaves you so fatigued and with a nasty lingering cough but I’m ok and will be back posting from today… I’m in a good zone and mindful but just wasn’t energetic enough to fit in screen time outside of working hours and left the phone down whenever I could..

I hope you are all getting along well as we near end January – I feel this month has been the longest month in in the history of calendars 😂😂

@flourbaby where are you not skiing? 😂 I hope it’s fab!

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

USA. Day 28. FD

I am trying to use my FDs to train myself to eat more carefully, so I am measuring everything. Sooner or later I will begin to lose again. My biggest problem is that I am buying treats for my grandchildren and when they don’t come over, I am having a hard time not eating these myself! LOL. Before I had grandchildren, I never bought snacks. I find myself having to learn self control all over again!☹️

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 28 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 224 lbs. I forgot to mention I got the pneumonia vaccine at the doctor’s office, and I don’t know if it’s a side effect or not, but I’ve had a runny nose ever since. Blah. Planning to fast today and tomorrow with lots of fluids. May change it to a FD500 instead of a WFD if I find my electrolytes are out of whack. Will play it by ear. Did a COVID test and came back negative.

Fun fun!

Pocket list – day 28
    @northgeorgia

USA. Day 28. FD

Pocket list – day 28
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

NorthGeorgia, I wasn’t going to leave you alone on that pocket list! 🙂

Day 29 FD 77.7kg Auckland Anniversary Day

After my excesses at the pub I had a CD500 y’day… It seems that if you drink (close your ears Freddie) a craft IPA despite more calories they have more hops and are better for you. Basically EtOH is a gastric irritant, interrupts the good work of the liver to break it down so the less % EtOH the better… Give me back the days when I just drank because it was fun!!!
    My mobile has 3 x 7s in it, like today’s weight. I was told by a young lass in a shop 2 days ago that this is an angel number, which is really +ve and some thing about relationships. I hope the numbers are now lining up for me!!!
    After letting everyone know about my fab haircut and blow dry, Mr Mac and I went out on the bike and got utterly drenched y’day afternoon. The T20 cricket final was also a wash out, which I was going to go to. I’ll save up my pennies and go to the NZ Aussie match coming up now!
    @funshipfreddie I’m glad you made it through the night and are still with us. Hiccups are usually caused by irritation of the diaphragm – interesting symptom…
    I did come across something about the UK’s PM and the cut of the suits he wears so he doesn’t look so short! He’s 1.7m or 5’ 6”.
    @jaifaim Lovely to hear you’re feeling much better and the effects of a good ski holiday are still resonating.
    @cocco You’ve got this with your💪!! But how about healthy snacks for the grandkids then you can share them together?!
    @northgeorgia A runny nose is a less common side effect. You must be forming a good crop of antibodies for the pneumococcal invaders if and when you’re exposed!!
    I can feel @stitchincarol plotting a rev up for us all for next month!!
    Three days to go and we’re across the line!!

Pocket List
    @merry🍎
    @northgeorgia
    @fastingnurse
    @teneer

Day 29 – CFD – NZ
    Doing 22hr fast today and then OMAD tonight. Tomorrow FD coming up, a very busy day ahead should be good😁
    Should be on my way to meet my goal this week of losing total of 2.8kg this month (hopefully)

Had the best weekend went for a cycle with a colleague from work, managed 15k but think I need to cycle more for sure I was so exhausted afterward

@funshipfreddie that doesn’t sound good at all, hope you continue to feel better, hiccups is strange I wonder if it’s gastric reflux? Would agree with you to get it checked out if continues for 2 days

Day 29 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

I saw this on healthline.com yesterday:- ‘Recently, multiple case studies have suggested that persistent hiccups may be a potentially rare and unusual manifestation of COVID-19.’ So I took a home Covid test. Positive. Mystery solved. The hiccups had disappeared by lunchtime though. I felt a bit rough towards bedtime, but nowhere near as bad as I did on Saturday. Then I developed a sore throat during the night. Happy days. It’s strangely comforting to know one of my symptoms is ‘rare & unusual though’ 🤧

@merryapple – I don’t have any ‘7’s in my number?! I’ve got 3 x 8’s though. Does that mean anything? I think 8 is a lucky number in China, but not sure it counts if you don’t live there 😅 I’ve never understood why some men get so hung up about being short. 1.7 m isn’t exactly minuscule is it? Tom Cruise is 1.7 m & it hasn’t done him any harm. I’m 1.8 m, so maybe I shouldn’t comment. But I’ve heard about some men who undergo these horrendous, painful & expensive procedures, where they have their bones cut, & have rods inserted. This somehow eventually lengthens their legs slightly, but it takes several months.

@fastingnurse – almost 3 kg down this month?! You’re doing great! With the exercise too. I’ll be joining you on the list tomorrow.

@northgeorgia – I had no idea there was a pneumonia vaccine? Is it also the flu vaccine, or is it different? One of my neighbours was recently diagnosed with pneumonia. Out of the 4 of us who had lunch last week, one now has 10 stitches in her head, one has pneumonia, & now I’ve got Covid. I think I’ll decline their next invitation 🤣

RESOLVE to the Monday fasters! 🎯💪

Day 29 – Ireland – FD 🚫 ✅ 🚶‍♂️ 🌾

Good morning everyone… I hope everyone is well and it’s good to be back…

Added Sugar has creeped back in and I feel worse for it… February focus shall be to get back to limiting that and increasing water intake. Still on the dry 🚫
    @flourbaby your point about drinking water hit home to me…. I’ve got into the habit of drinking less… well done to you on 3.5L a day ⭐️ that has to help and huge kudos on -8 lbs… 😯 and dry January (til hols). I think there is no doubt that dropping vino has helped shed lbs… it’s not the cals but the retention and the need for sugars/carbs etc afterwards for me…it has been a while 👍👍
    @merryapple oh I just read about Mr Mac’s adventure on Day 24… how worried you must have been 😢 although sounds like he had great craic 😂😂 but poor you!
    I’m interested in your thoughts on Oakland… I have family living there now and wondered about visiting this year or next… we shall see. Would also love to get to the Great Lakes.

@penz – a year off????? How did I miss that? Oh wow so fab! What are your plans? How did you swing it? TIps please 😂😂

Such interesting posts on our relationship with food generally – I’m very much in the camp of cook from scratch these days as GF food is expensive, absolutely loaded with sugar and not that tempting to be honest and am so conscious of what is added to processed food to draw us back to it each time – the food companies have a lot to answer for.

@funshipfreddie it sounds like you have something like I had although I only had hiccups on one day and not all day… I did some Covid tests – all negative… but there is talk about another lurgy which leaves this cough so maybe that’s what I have… I have to be mindful with my lungs so will keep an eye on it but hope mine is not the 100 day cough lurgy 🥲. I do hope you feel better soon

Hi to everyone else and thanks again for your thoughts… 💕💕
    And apologies for any typos… no time to reread…

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others

Second post to pop the pocket list on…
    A quiet day here…

Pocket List – Day 29 💇‍♀️
    @merryapple
    @jaifaim

@funshipfreddie I’m so sorry to hear that you tested positive but as you say at least the mystery is solved..
    mind yourself and make sure to rest up and get over it 🌸

Day 29-No. VA USA-FD

Please add me to pocket list today, day 29-FD
    January has been a month of holding steady, but not losing more than 1/2 pound; but better than going UP, I suppose.
    Sorry to hear about your illness, @funshipfreddie! Bizarre presentation, though. Hope your recovery is quick.
    Good idea to get the pneumonia vaccine, @northgeorgia. Recommended for those over age 50. There are several types of vaccine, all quite effective. These are vaccines against pneumoccus bacteria, different from the flu vaccines, which are viral vaccines. I got mine a few years ago (Prevnar); had THE sorest arm for a week; my husband had absolutely no side effects from it. For those over 55, they also recommend the vaccine against shingles (which is reactivation of chicken pox). Older people can get quite painful and prolonged symptoms from shingles. Cheerful news, but “forewarned is forearmed!”

Pocket list day 29:
    @merryapple
    @jaifaim
    @excelsior12309

Day 29 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 219 lbs. Yay! Can’t do another FD. My runny nose is driving me mad; my body is craving fluids and nutrition today, so I’ll plan my 2nd FD on Wednesday. @funshipfreddie This is a specific one for pneumonia. I asked if I needed a second injection later, and they said no — that this is a relatively new one that is just a one time jab. It’s Prevnar 20. I hope you recover from COVID. I took a day off work from this sniffling and stuffy head. I think I probably just picked up something in the waiting room at the doctor’s office, so I don’t want to spread it around at work.

I think homemade chili is what my niece wants, so I’ll make a pot and enjoy it with her tonight.

Day 29 UK CD??

Just got home after a lovely weekend away but the train journey home seemed to go on forever and I feel a bit discombobulated so I’ll have to see how today goes , definitely back on f800 tomorrow and I’ll aim to catch up on posts this afternoon

USA. Day 29. FD

Pocket list day 29:
    @merryapple
    @jaifaim
    @excelsior12309
    @ccco

Ugh! My weight was up today! I am pretty sure I will have to eliminate my weekend glass of wine. I just seem to be unable to lose weight, if I drink wine!

FUNSHIPFREDDIE, that is very interesting about the hiccups! I would never have guessed, although it did seem strange. I had Covid only once two years ago. I didn’t get hiccups but I had a really bad case of pink eye. Hope you recover quickly.

Have a wonderful day, everyone! The sun is finally out here today!

Day 29 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – didn’t weigh

Good morning, everyone! I woke up around 7:30 and read in bed and then I got up and–finally, after planning to for two weeks!–made a skinny late for me and a breve latte for DH. Bliss. Not as good as Starbucks, nor as perfect as the place in St. Louis we both adore, but a very close imitation and far cheaper than either place, so that makes a rather perfect start to a sunny and blue-sky day.

Yesterday was a day with our youngest; he came up for church as usual, and I made a Sunday dinner (rather than brunch–a rarity) of Pork Tenderloin Marsala, Polenta Pasticciata, and Caesar Salad, and then did some mending for him. The excitement, however, is that while I was cooking, he and DH drove my car in to leave it for the appointment to get my flat tire repaired. DH and I went out to eat in Omaha on Friday, had a lovely time, and then on the way home, it sounded like a rather large rock hit us. Within one minute the tire light came on just as we were taking the exit for home, and then the racket started that said our tire was flat. Like, completely. We still can’t figure out just what happened, but they called and said the tire is unrepairable, so we’re waiting to find out when the new tire will be in so it can all be switched out. The tires are only about a year old, so that makes it extra worthy of grumbling, you know? Oh well.

@funshipfreddie My first thought was Covid when you talked about the fatigue. I’m so sorry you’re suffering so with it, and how ODD that hiccups are a current symptom; I hope you’re much recovered already. But, really…a FD?? I think being kind to your body is more important than maintaining a fasting schedule…

@merryapple Oh, how sad that your lovely hair was all destroyed in the sudden rain! There really is no feeling like the way a hairdresser does your hair, huh?

I’ve read everyone else’s posts and thought about what we all need in February, and have come up with a name for the month.

Ready?

FIT FEBRUARY

There was a gal on the forum from Wisconsin several years ago who’s about my age and is a gym rat, and I’ve never forgotten something she said several times: You get fit in the gym; you lose weight in the kitchen. So don’t think I don’t understand the limits exercise has on losing weight…but I also understand the contribution a fit body makes to metabolism, which absolutely helps with weight loss. I’ll talk more about that in my opening post and in my daily chatter. Thanks, @merryapple, for volunteering to do the spreadsheet.

Lots on the to-do list today, so I’d best get at it. Have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket list day 29:
    @merryapple
    @jaifaim
    @excelsior12309
    @ccco

Day 30: FD-NZ

FD today, feeling a bit bleh, had some Indian hot curry last night and wow don’t feel great today. Hopefully get better as the day goes on.

Good luck all this week!

Day 30 NZ CD for the monthly weigh in… 76.8kg

That’s what happens when you take yourself in hand and do two max 500 kcal days in a row because the scales hadn’t changed for two weeks… Although I have lost 15 kg over the last 12 months, I can still literally feel fat ie spare tires (nice phrase!) around my middle section so goodness knows what the padding around my internal organs look like!!!
    @funshipfreddie Covid-19, of course… the question then becomes are you rare and unusual?! 888 suggests you might be. In angel nos it is the representation of pure karma – What goes around comes around. Who knew!!!
    I’ve looked after a couple of people who have had that leg extension done. One had a short leg because of a bullet through his femur (his mother shot him while he was changing a light bulb…) and the other had two genuinely v short legs due to genetics… Awful procedure…
    I’d tell person #4 to go and buy a lotto ticket…
    @excelsior12309 Yes! We like being on the downhill! Thank you for the explanation and reminder – the vaccine is only free here when you’re 65 and I haven’t got around to getting it. I need to do it soon!
    @jaifaim 3.5L of water… Whew! Remember you get a lot of water from food too!
    I love Oakland!! It is so multicultural and cultured in a gritty kind of way! The populace are mainly Hispanic (delicious street food and restaurants), Black (the Oakland Gorilla – grilled food), Vietnamese (cafes run by immigrants settled after the war) and white (live in the hills). The music and night clubs are amazing, like Pete Escovedo – Latin percussion. His daughter, Sheila E played with Prince, Oakland Blues (Eli’s Mile Hi Club), Gospel (Pointer Sisters). Downtown is Jack London Square, named after the author and John Muir (campaigned to set up the first national park, Yosemite) who wrote books in the early days. I would definitely go to Yosemite if at all possible. It’s very easy to access San Francisco on their subway, BART. The wine country Sonoma for a wine tasting trip is lovely too. Such fun!!
    @fasting nurse Gosh you have done well! I hope your stomach has settled by now…
    Oh no @cocco! Freddie will endorse the difference no alcohol can make…
    @stitchincarol I tried the blow dry technique with little success this morning! My chic do is but a memory… I love the sound of Polenta Pasticciata. I had to look up the recipe – not too dissimilar to a Tamale Pie!

I hope everyone not posting is going to come back with a vengeance for Fit February 2024.
    @maui, @snowflake56, @lilymartin (how was your evening in the dress!), @daffodil2010, @at and anyone else who is finding that it takes a bit of effort to get going…

Keep it together everyone for tomorrow morning’s weigh in!!!

Day 30 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@excelsior12309, @northgeorgia – thanks for the info re the pneumonia vaccine. I get the flu vaccine every year, & the med aid companies really push to get as many people vaccinated as possible. But they don’t seem to promote, or even mention the pneumonia vaccine here. I had shingles about 12 years ago – not nice! – but I believe it’s very rare to get it more than once?

@ccco – the hiccups were strange, but from the little I read about it, so far it’s a symptom that’s only been reported in men. As for the weekend wine though – if it is literally just one glass, I wouldn’t bother giving it up if you enjoy it. On the other hand, if it’s closer to almost daily, & minimum half a bottle like I was getting through, it’ll definitely make a difference.

@jaifaim – the 100 day cough? Isn’t that the same as the whooping cough? I read there’s been a huge rise in cases in the UK too, because people aren’t getting their kids vaccinated. Same with measles. Whatever it is, I hope it clears up soon 🤗

@stitchincarol – Fit 🏋 February it is! Re fasting today – well, I still have very little appetite. It just might be my easiest FD ever! I understand how important it is to stay hydrated. But when it comes to eating, people say we should listen to our bodies, right? So it doesn’t make sense to me to force food down if I’m not hungry. Animals stop eating when they’re sick, they just rest/sleep until they’re well. And we’re supposed to be smarter than them, but it makes you wonder 😅 I dunno, maybe I’m wrong. What do other people think? I’ll definitely eat something tonight, because I think I’ll sleep better, & hopefully I’ll feel hungry by then too. Some of my neighbours seem to think I must be at death’s door because I said on the Whatsapp group that I’d be skipping tomorrow’s class. One of them even brought me chicken noodle soup last night. Which was actually really good 😋

@merryapple – 76.8?!! 🥳️ Thanks for the February spreadsheet. “his mother shot him while he was changing a light bulb..” Wow?! 😳 because he was taking too long? Seems a bit harsh. She could’ve just told him to hurry up 🤔

@fastingnurse – ‘feeling a bit bleh’ – join the the club! 🥴️ makes for an easy FD for both of us, hopefully 🎯

Pocket List – Day 30 🍋
    @fastingnurse
    @funshipfreddie

Day 30 – Ireland – CD 🚫 ✅ 🚶‍♂️ 🌾

Hello – so glad to be back gang.
    Feeling better again today and hope everyone else is also on the mend. @funshipfreddie I remembered hiccups being listed as a covid symptom back in 2021 although it wasn’t a common symptom… I had the strangest symptom too in the last two weeks which I was loathe to tell anyone about as it was not nice…so maybe TMI but I was convinced one of my arm pitIs stank …only one of them… not the other… I hate that feeling as I’m sure we all do… anyway that’s better now – thanks be to Jesu 😂😂😂

Oh @merryapple Oakland sounds fabulous! Maybe we will tie that in this year… although we will have to see with leave etc… this year is a big birthday year for our family.

😂 I’m not drinking that much 💦💧😂 I’m aspiring to drink more than I do… @flourbaby is the water baby at the moment… I have a big bottle at my desk with holds 2L so will start with that 👍👍

@stitchincarol “Fit February” – I love it! I need to get back to my bike, and walking and some strength work… I’ve dropped all those balls recently. Thanks for that ⭐️

@brightonbelle those train journeys are tough… where were you in Dorset? I spend a lot of time there and love it… staying mostly around Bournemouth but love the whole coastline with a particular grá for Studland and down towards Weymouth ♥️💙

I had the pneumococcal (sp?) vaccine… as my lungs are a little dicky .. that and the flu vaccine that year resulted in very sore arms.. I think it’s a once off vaccine? I could be wrong on that…

Have a lovely day everyone!

Onward and downward ⬇️

2nd Post – Day 30

@merryapple – could you please take a look at the Feb spreadsheet? It’s on ‘view only’ right now. Thx

2nd Post Reply
    @funshipfreddie 👍

Day 30-No VA USA-NFD

Yesterday ended up not a fast day. My excuse: At work, total obstruction of toilets in our building, plumber #1 could not clear it; plumber #2 worked for 4 hours, could not clear the problem, now plumber #3 coming today to attempt disimpaction. Things we really would rather not deal with, but there you are. I have advised staff to DE-hydrate today, rather than hydrate. Fortunately there is a gas station close to the office for emergency trips today. Eww.

Day 30 UK f800

Back in the swing of things – caught up on the weekends posts and stepped on the scales 😖

Yes it was Bournemouth @jaifaim a complete surprise to be able to walk along the coast to Poole on Sunday in glorious sunshine ☀️ Good to hear you’re on the mend

That spare tire is one of my big motivations @merryapple getting back into yoga it really is horrible being uncomfortable in the bends and stretches

Thanks for volunteering for February @stitchincarol 💐

Pocket List – Day 30 🍋
    @fastingnurse
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 30 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 225 lbs. I just laugh off that six pound gain in a day. My body is craving nutrition, electrolytes and fluids to fight off whatever this sniffly, sneezy mess is. Going to head back to the office today as the runny nose has significantly slowed and have an important meeting later this morning. If all goes well, I plan to fast again tomorrow. A shame this happened, because I could have seen such a pretty result on the scale this morning had yesterday remained a FD, but just had to listen to my body.

Day 30 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

I’m distracted this morning by scheduling issues, and my usual enforced calmness at finding something to wear to teach piano lessons–because not many clothes fit me these days–has fled and left me N.O.T. H.A.P.P.Y. That’s a clear motivation to get serious about dropping this weight, right? That’s my plan for February, starting with today being a true WFD. It’s going to be warm–well, by January-in-Nebraska standards–so there’s no reason I can think of that I can’t go the whole day on just water and the black coffee I’m drinking right now.

I’ll set up Fit February tomorrow morning, and will spend today smoothing out some ideas I have to help with motivation for those of us who are struggling with that. I’m hopeful my ideas will resonate or at least make you all chuckle and willingly participate. 😁😉

@jaifaim Glad you’re feeling better now, and your chatter was a lovely return to what feels like a norm for our group!

@northgeorgia It’s really quite remarkable that our weights are both so in sync, except for being 60 pounds apart. We’re quite a distance from our 209/149 goals, aren’t we? And I was certain, on more than one occasion, that I had the mojo that guaranteed I was only weeks away from getting back there. February will be my big start and I hope it is for you as well.

@brightonbelle Glad you had a great time, despite the awful train ride back. My weight gain is on my waistline some, but far more on my butt and thighs, so skirts are currently very appealing to me, LOL.

@merryapple Thanks so much for being so prompt about setting up the February spreadsheet! And, yeah, I can see how there are strong similarities between the polenta pasticciata and a tamale pie. The mushroom marsala sauce was particularly lovely shared both with the tenderloin and the polenta, but none of us loved the polenta enough that I’ll make it again.

@fastingnurse Bummer on the blech, and I hope you’re much better now!

@funshipfreddie Okay, a FD today as you’ve described sounds reasonable. And how absolutely lovely that a neighbor brought you chicken noodle soup!

@excelsior12309 Oh, how irritating that the plumbers are all so out-smarted by the toilet issues! Hopefully plumber #3 has success today!

Don’t know if I mentioned that I accepted two more piano students a couple weeks ago; they live in a town on my way home, so I stop there around 6:30 or 7:00 and teach for an hour and then am home 15 minutes later. But every Tuesday I dread those lessons. I think I pushed my tolerance for busy days right over the top and into the abyss–I’m tired by that time, and it feels too much even at 8:30am. Hopefully, I get to know and love the kids and that will soothe the dread. LOL.

So off I go for my day; have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket List – Day 30 🍋
    @fastingnurse
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol WFD

USA. Day 30. FD

Pocket List – Day 30 🍋
    @fastingnurse
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol WFD
    @ccco

Another pocket list day for me today! I am trying not to weigh myself every day because it then becomes compulsive. Fridays, I think, will be a good day for me. I am still in training trying to change one bad habit for another. I have read that is the best way to success. 🙂

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 31 – NFD – nz
    Weight 114.7kg (loss 2.8kg)
    I’ve meant my goal for this month woo😁😁
    FD again tomorrow 😊
    Hope everyone has met their goals for this month!

Day 31 NZ NFD 76.8kg

I ate mindfully y’day so I could keep my new number!
    @fastingnurse Well done you! To help keep myself on track, I focused on 5kg at a time which is a clothing size and did my measurements every 10kg. I wish now I had done them every 5kg so I could track changes in shape. This might be helpful for you too.
    @stitchincarol At least your excess weight is around your hips not your waist. Midriff fat is cardio active so you definitely have the best sort although your clothes might not agree!!
    I would make the Tamale Pie again but with much more sauce because the masa/cornbread topping soaked up the juices. On that note why not make them separately and serve them together. Hmmm! Food for thought… Anyway it is definitely comfort food, not dinner party level!!
    @cocco Good on you for keeping going! Work out where you need to make adjustments on FDs and NFDs just like you’re doing and weight loss will happen!!
    @northgeorgia That’s not weight gain, it’s a measure of volume by weight – food and fluid!! Just keep making those healthy food choices and don’t fill up on crappola!!
    @brightonbelle I’m glad to hear you had a lovely coastal holiday. Good on you for doing yoga. I did my shoulder in last year (rotator cuff injury) thanks to yoga. I see a specialist in March and want to clarify what kind of exs I can do safely. I am getting around to crunchy type exs though!
    @excelsior12309 That’s a serious blockage to take out a building… I hope you have a resolution with your next plumbing team… And you still manage your FD which would seem appropriate along with the dehydration!!
    @jaifaim Isn’t your fitness up after your ski trip?!! Mind you, you have been crook. Hmm a stinky armpit symptom? Normally it’s the bacteria on your skin breaking down sweat that creates the pong. Maybe their numbers were able to build up because your system was a bit out of whack and normal defences were down??? Look on the bright side. One armpit is better than two!
    @funshipfreddie The 35yr old son was standing on the kitchen table to change the lightbulb and the mother didn’t like it… Why not have a handgun at home for these situations…???
    If anyone has seen a kid hospitalised with Whooping Cough they would be lining up to get the vaccine. It is such a DISTRESSING and PREVENTABLE disease.
    I’m pleased you have nice neighbours and you’re feeling brighter. Yeah for chicken noodle soup!!

Well, everyone, it’s been a pleasure hosting this month of January. It does seem to make you more accountable and I’m happy to say I’m down 2.4kg! I wish @stitchincarol the same success as she takes on Fit February!!

Cheers to the reset for the second month of 2024, and a big welcome BACK for those who are lurking!!
    😘💪👍

Day 31, FD, Aus

Have not done a FD in what seems like forever. I was on a catered workshop the last few days so I’m bringing my usual Thurs FD forward.

It’s so true, @funshipfreddie (catching up on old threads). A friend of mine quit alcohol a year ago and I notice when we go out for a meal, she will respond to a waiter’s request ‘no thanks, I don’t drink.’ If someone offered her “would you like fries with that’ she would not respond ‘no thanks, I don’t eat potatoes.’ She would just say ‘no thanks.’ So why the need to put in a qualifier about alcohol?!?

I had not heard the hiccup / COVID combo before. Hope you’re back on the mend, @funshipfreddie. And @jaifaim

How did I swing a year off, @jaifaim. In my job, we accrue long service leave (3 months every decade). I’ve been in this job a loooong time so have accrued a little over 6 months long service leave. A year ago, I approached my employer and said I wanted to take a whole year off at half pay. They agreed (mainly because I gave them enough notice – in my occupation, accruing leave is a right, but being allowed to take it is a privilege!) I have a long list of things I want to do, but no precise plans as such. I figure I can do what I want when I want!

Oh I’d grumble about your new tyre too, @stichincarol. A few years ago I got new tyres fitted and ran over a nail on the way home. Luckily of me the tyre place patched it for free.

So ready for Fit February!

So glad to be back after several days of fever, chills, aches, and sniffles. (Perhaps it was Covid but I did not take a test) I’ll be so glad to get back to it!
    Fasted 20 hours today and ready for a full fast tomorrow! In reading, it looks as though some of you have also been ill. Hope you’re all recovering well.
    Quick question. What is a pocket list?
    ~Teneer

Day 31 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD 69.0 kg

1,4 kg down for the month?! Almost feels like I cheated; but I wouldn’t recommend getting infected with a virus as a weight-loss strategy 🥴️

@teneer – #7 of the opening paragraph on page one of every Challenge explains what a pocket list is. In a nutshell, “a ‘pocket list’ is a list of the names of people who are sharing the same goal on a particular day”. Also # 1 of the same page – “Posting – Please start each post with the day of the month, where you are, and if you’re on a fast day (FD), non-fast day (NFD) or controlled day (CD)” Good to hear you’re feeling better.

@penz – I can sort of understand your friend’s need to put in the qualifier, “I don’t drink” (although, not really to a waiter). It’s probably more for her own benefit, psychologically, than the people she’s with. Similar to saying, “I don’t smoke” as opposed to saying, “I’m trying to quit”. Also, If you’re in a situation where you’re with people you’ve just met & you just say, “no thanks” or “no, I’m trying to stop/cut down”, the response 9 times out of 10 will be, “oh, go on, just have one”, or words to that effect. I remember being in a pub in the UK years ago, where I was point-blank told by the bar manager that he didn’t serve non-alcoholic drinks?! But that was in the ’80’s. How things have changed.

@merryapple – you crack me up?! 🤣 “Why not have a handgun at home for these situations?” A step-ladder might’ve worked better 😜 2.4 kg down – good for you! 🎉 & thanks for hosting Jaunty January 💐

@fastingnurse – you did it! 💪👋 🎯 Congratulations!

Looking forward to Fit February & saying good riddance to this virus. It’s only been a couple of days & already the cabin fever is getting to me 🤯

Happy Hump Day y’all, & ‘see you’ next month! 🐫

Pocket List – Day 31 🍒
    @penz

Day 31 – Ireland – FD 🚫 ✅ 🚶‍♂️ 🌾
    Closing weight 157lbs

We have some serious losers this month ⭐️

Not me I’m afraid but I’ll work on it next month.. 2lbs to lose somewhere to get back to upper range of maintenance. Holidays, ill and life meant focus was there but hard to apply this month.

@merryapple whoop whoop! Over 5lbs lost and never to be see again 😃 thank you so much for hosting and getting us started in the right track… fitness is not great actually and the ski trip was active in the sense of lifting skis and climbing stairs in ski boots but I ski well and it’s downhill so that doesn’t really exert me physically..but it is exhilarating – oh I’m missing it 😂😂

@stitchincarol you are a busy lady and I understand that feeling when you over commit with the best intentions but generally it’s all worth it at the end of the day… I can’t wait to see what you have up your sleeve for Fit February😂

@brightonbelle that’s a great walk and there is so much going on the beach on any day… I’ve actually cycled all the way from Hengistbury head to Studland and Old Harry using the promenade- such a great amenity… but you can only cycle early or late as it’s used by so many which is fair enough… ⭐️

@daffodil2010 will you be back with us for your favourite month of the year? I think? I hope so 🌼

Have a grand day! I’m with you @penz and how fabulous for you – I am so in favour of motivating people with time off for service. Just fabulous you can do that and hope you make some
    Nice plans when you are ready. For the moment I’m joining you on humpday FD ⭐️ 💪

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List Day 31 🍒
    @penz
    @jaifaim

Day 31 UKf800

I’m delighted to register a 9lb loss for the month with an added bonus of 3 ins reduction on the spare tyre. I’ve still around 10lb to lose so if I can do that over 2-3 months I’ll be happy Just realised in my rush I haven’t read the posts yet so I’ll do that now and catch up with you all in February

Thank you so much for hosting @merryapple 👏👏

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List Day 31 🍒
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle

Day 31 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 226 lbs. Today will probably be a FD500 due to my lingering sickness. Just got my overall weight for January: 224 lbs average, which is two pounds lighter than my December average of 226 lbs. Progress! I am looking forward to February. I hit 219 lbs twice this month and feel motivated to get back into the 210s and 200s.

Pocket List Day 31 🍒
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

Day 31 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 160.6

Huh. I was dreading looking at what I weighed at the beginning of the month, for fear I’d actually gained, but I did indeed lose a little: 162.4 down to 160.6. Of course, that second weight is after a WF, so it’s not “real,” but I clearly didn’t gain, so that’s a win, given how I’ve been struggling.

Yesterday was an entirely successful WFD and I’m feeling serious PFDS this morning… something I’ve not felt in what feels like a very long time. Today is another super busy day, so that will help keep unplanned eating in check.

I’m working through my plan as host for February, and also my plan for myself for February, and feeling quite empowered by both; unfortunately, it may be more like later this afternoon before I have time to type it up, but I’ll get it done. Or perhaps I’ll simply do a tiny post this morning, and then my “real” post later. I’ll see what I can pull off.

Thank you, @merryapple, for STELLAR hosting this month! 💐

Yay, @fastingnurse, for meeting your goal for the month!

Yay, @merryapple, for keeping your new number!! And, yeah, I’m the classic pear, so while difficult to dress me, at least I’m a healthier overweight. 😂😂😂😂

@penz Good to have you back again; I hope your workshop was good. OOOHH!! A nail on the way home from getting new tires? Oh that had to have frosted you thoroughly!! And I wondered, too, about your year off, so thanks for the details. When is your last day?? What is your list of things to do?? We’re all so excited for you!

@teneer Oh, I’m so sorry you were also sick, and glad you’re on the mend now.

@funshipfreddie Yup, it’s the forced isolation that turns out to be the worst part of Covid. Good thing you have your forum buddies to keep you company, right???

@jaifaim Thanks for reaching out to @daffodil2010; I miss her also. And, you may not have returned to official maintenance, but you’re so wonderfully close, and YOU DIDN’T GAIN–we’ve had enough conversations about the challenges of maintenance to know that’s a true accomplishment!

@brightonbelle WOW. You certainly win the award for most weight lost in the month of January, and we’re all THRILLED for you!

@northgeorgia Congratulations for being 2lbs down on average.

@flourbaby Where are you? Are you still skiing???

Okay, did a tiny post, plus the standard explanation post: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/fit-february/#post-353006

Looking forward to a new month, a new start, a new dose of motivation, and all the friendships we’ve established supporting us each step of the way in Fit February!

Pocket List Day 31 🍒
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

USA. Day 31. FD

Pocket List Day 31 🍒
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

I weighed myself this morning because it is the last day of the month. I am happy to say that I am down 2 lbs. I think my efforts are helping me find the best way for me to have weight loss. I am not even hungry! At last!

I can’t believe it is already the end of January. Looking forward to seeing you all in February! 🙂

Viewing 41 posts - 301 through 341 (of 341 total)

You must be logged in to reply.