January 2018 Monthly Challenge–Bring on the New Year!!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
January 2018 Monthly Challenge–Bring on the New Year!!

This topic contains 1,551 replies, has 125 voices, and was last updated by  steffieagle 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,051 through 1,100 (of 1,558 total)

• Day 19 Belfast CD
    Still hanging in there with dry January despite one small blimp. I’m out tomorrow night to an ABBA Tribute with my swimming club which will be challenging. Plank challenge going OK but sugar abstinence is pitiful. I can’t seem to get my head around it. However, keep trying is the goal.

@belfastsink – congratulations on your new job. What a great start to 2018!
    @kerryn73 you’re as game as a badger! My toes are curling thinking about it!There was another cold water swimmer posting on this forum last year. Can’t remember who it was.
    @mjrbcd44 Many happy returns to your lovely dad. And wonderful words to acknowledge his importance in your life. Have a great family celebration. Even though you didn’t win, I Googled your chilli and it’s on my ‘must make’ list.
    @arsalad have you tried swimming? It’s good exercise with no strain on your joints.
    Congratulations on your new grandson @SteveToonTaxiDriver and hope all goes well with your daughter in law.
    @maayyaa – happy anniversary. Why fix what isn’t broke?
    @CornishJane – what great progress. Well done on your weight loss and your plank progress.
    @johnnyr I totally agree with your comment about exercising on a FD. I find it empowering.
    Glad you’re on the mend@Bert1802

Remember :
    good enough is good enough and done is better than perfect.”

Day 19 USA (Illinois) NFD

Guess what? It’s “National Popcorn Day!” Yes, I plan to indulge and go to a movie today.

Keeping at maintenance. Not sure when my next FD will be… busy days ahead where fasting might not be possible. There are always good CD’s as a goal though.

Onward and downward!

CD London uk

Weigh in day today and I’ve lost 4 1/2 pounds. so pleased as I have been able to exercise due to mild concussion!. My husband has started with me now, so it is much easier when someone is not drinking and eating rubbish in front of you.

My daughter has just bought a quinoa and rice uncle ben thing and its only 143 calories per half pack. Delicious as well. good for a FD to make you think you are eating more.

@songbirdme? popcorn sweet and salt. Yummy

good luck everyone

Day 19, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Day 19 NFD Oregon USA

Lost .5 pounds this week which considering last weekend’s divergence I will happily accept. Only one pound to go to meet January goal and I feel confident I can make that with improvement on my NFD’s.

@stevetoontaxi–welcome to your grandson and genuinely hope your daughter-in-law is back to good health before they release her. (Here in the US they are too quick to push new mothers out of the hospital but I think that is different in the UK)

Thanks to all who smiled with me and my Dad. We actually had a family celebration back in October and I have been teasing him since that it was cheating. Now he’s official!

Like others I am short on time this morning but @flourbaby I thought of you and managed my FD at 480 calories without eating the kitchen sign or my arm either! Just was so different than my last FD in terms of hunger.

More later so not finishing with my quote yet!

Day 19 – SW WA USA – NFD

That FD list was from yesterday @Stevetoontaxidriver – but becoming a grandpa probably scrambled this piece of info unless I messed it up. Congratulations!

@flourbaby – I need to work on the kitchen closed also. I’ve taken to eating a smidgen more after my evening class which is after 9 PM. Not good.

@debster251 – oh what fun, an ABBA tribute! Would love to join you!

@songbirdme – National Popcorn day! Hooray!

@slogan15 – how wonderful to have Hubby has joined you.

Together we are stronger!

Day 19 NFD Orange County USA

Day 18 was a NFD travel day for me, 6 hours in the car and my sore legs were screaming at me. It was an off day from the gym but I went to the hotel gym and did 30 min of easy bike riding to get the blood flowing. I feel much better today and will do HIIT as scheduled later.

Lots of socializing and dinners out this weekend so no fast days till Sunday. Ate well under TDEE yesterday at my favorite Italian restaurant in Beverly Hills. Although I did eat plenty of my forbidden foods. Darn Italian bread and pasta with venison ragu! It was so relaxing to sit out doors in 73 degree weather.

Day 19 Sarasota, Florida FD I’ve been on maintenance so not really needing FD’s, just a few CD’s every week. But I need to do a FD today as a reset. I’ve been slipping into some indulgences, mainly ice cream (or gelato or custard.) It’s going to be a hungry afternoon but I remember when I first read Michael’s book and the idea of letting myself experience hunger was a novelty. Now I know I’ll survive it and I will reset my goals and intentions.

Day 19 – USA – FD

Weighed myself after yesterday’s fast. Down 3lbs since Christmas. Happy with the progress. Finding it a bind though monitoring calories on my NFD’s but if I don’t, it easily creeps up and then over my TDEE. feeling rough today. A cold I can’t shake with an awful headache. Baked potato for dinner. I need some comfort food. Stay warm if it’s cold wher you are. It’s freeing here.

Day19. UK NFD

This week has been mad busy, leading to an accidental B2B on Tues/Weds and an almost FD yesterday. I don’t eat breakfast and lunch in work has been a quick apple or a biscuit (not healthy but it was too cold and wet to nip to the shops, plus only had about 15 mins). Hoping for good news from the scale monster tomorrow.

@stevetoontaxidriver – great news re new baby. Hope daughter in law is ok.

Went to the cinema last night to see the Greatest Showman. It’s a great feel good film and just what we needed to brighten up a cold wet January. I was literally dancing out of the cinema! Plus side was even with half a bag of maltesers scoffed I was under 1000 cals for the day.

No Friday wine in the house so still no alcohol since 1st. Not sure I’ll carry this on but I’m determined to get to the end of the month.

Happy weekend everyone.

Day 19, Gozo, Malta, nfd

I ate just over tdee.

Steve toon taxi driver congratulations on your new grandson. I hope your daughter in law will regain her health soon.

Have a great evening everyone, onwards and downwards.

@steve-toon-taxi-driver — congratulations on that new grandson! So happy for you!

@saffy420 – glad to hear you enjoyed GREATEST SHOWMAN as much as I did. I’m even contemplating seeing it a second time with my popcorn this evening. First time, we sat in Row 2, so I know it would be better seeing the whole screen in one glance!

@johnnyr – welcome back!

Something I’ve been trying to be more concsious of, is listening to my body rather than my mind. That is, my body will tell me when it’s hungry. My brain will tell me when it’s bored, angry, frustrated, habitual or just ‘wanting’ food. I’ve got to listen to the former more and ignore the latter!! I found asking “am I REALLY hungry?” a good way to distinguish between them and I’ve discovered that a lot of the time the answer to the question is “no”. Asking the question also creates a break in the automated/mindless eating cycle.

Day 19, UK, NFD

I was unusually hungry coming back from work, lucky you can’t drive and eat haha
    But its been a good day, and really pleased to notice just a very small difference wearing my trousers today. They felt just a tiny touch looser. Its encouraging 🙂

@steve toon taxi driver congrats on your new family addition. I hope your daughter in law gets back to her health asap. Keep us posted please.

As always, its nice to come here and read all the posts and see all the support.

Have a great day/evening everyone 🤗

Day 20 country West Australia FD
    been out of range of reception for phone and computer for several days.
    Had a few good FDs with many non-mindful OTT NFDs.
    Hoping for a good FD today – much needed.
    Hope everyone is going OK . Will catch up later as I do find the accountability of posting and the motivation I get from reading others’ journeys inspiring.

Day 20 – Japan – NFD 82.0 kg

On the heavy side but I went down 3kg on the ~38 hour fast. Mostly water I’m sure but the swings in body weight can be amazing.

My FD was easy. I felt some bubbles in my stomach and a little hunger when I went to bed, but nothing major. My body is used to it and now I have 4 days done in 2018.

Day 20, NSW Australia, NFD
    Hope you are all having a lovely weekend – enjoy.
    Bye for now!

Day 20 Newcastle UK NFD 🇬🇧.
    Well they’ve managed to stem the bleeding so hopefully that means no operation for my daughter-in-law we should get news today whether they are allowed home. This is my fifth grandchild and I have another one due in August. Just relieved the baby is fine and Heather is on the mend.
    It’s awful that we can’t visit most of the hospitals in our area have this in place at the moment.
    Enjoy your weekend everyone. Weigh in day tomorrow I still haven’t got these non fasting days under control

Day 20, UK, FD
    77.2 kg. My sinuses are clearing, so I actually got a night’s sleep! With 2 FDs behind me, I’m peeved that my weight is up nearly 3 lb. I’ll put it down to water retention due to sleep deprivation, the cold and flights. With a 0 kcal fast and plenty of dog walking (in the rain) today, I’ll hopefully see a happier number tomorrow!

Day 20 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Back home and sleeping for Ireland. So much sleep needed after two weeks at high altitude. It’s cold here in Ireland too 😒

Our luggage did not make it back to Dublin with us so we had to faff about the airport filling in reports. So tiring after three flights. My brother collected us which was great, it was after midnight when we got home.

Going to fast Monday. Right now I am scared to weigh in 😨

Day 20 Wales NFD

@penz thanks for the good advice and reminder to listen for true hunger.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Day 20, London, UK, NFD

Many congratulations @steve toon taxi driver on your new grandson, I’m glad your DIL is recovering nicely!!! I guess the safest place for them is in hospital away from all the visitors unknowingly harvesting these nasty lurgies going around!!!!

Welcome home @daffodil2010, all that walking should (?) limit the damage!!!! I hope your luggage finds it’s way to you soon.

I bounced out of bed this morning, despite reading in bed ‘til 2am!! I’m feeling so much more in control this week since I decided to stop faffing about and stick to the programme, 500 cals (or less) FDs, NFDs below TDEE simple!!! The closing of the kitchen is purely in my head, of course I could go in and eat anything I want but the accountability & determination to NOT post another ‘I fell off of the wagon’ post gives me strength!!! I now realise I COULD feel this way all of the time!!!

Enjoy the weekend everyone, onward & downwards!!

Day 20, Gozo, Malta, nfd

I want to keep within my tdee despite the fact we order takeaway food this evening. I’ll just refrain from ordering any for me and eat something else as I already had a piece of Christmas cake this morning

Onwards and downwards have a great Saturday everyone

Day 20 USA (Illinois) NFD

Yesterday turned into a very CD despite the popcorn supper meal. Saw “The Post” about the 1971 Pentagon Papers and the feud between The New York Times and The Washington Post. Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep were both fabulous. I expect to lose the water weight soon that I always gain from my addiction to the flavored salts I love on popcorn. Our theater gave away a free small popcorn to everyone! It was a 950 calorie day. Yeah for that.

Interesting reason we may crave carbs: https://m.phys.org/news/2018-01-craving-carbs-blame-brain-japan.html
    Also looked like some other good articles linked at the bottom of that page.

@steve-toon-taxi-driver – good news for your daughter-in-law. I bet you’re a terrific grandfather!

@daffodil2010 – glad you’ve made it home despite your luggage snafu. Hope that everything arrives soon.

Onward and downward.

Day 20…..Florida……NFD, maybe

I can’t believe January is gone by so fast, 10 more days and we’ll be walking right into Feb.
    it’s been a really tough week, the only thing that has never really bothered me was the minimal eating I did for the entire week. I know as crazy as it sounds, I have to have a NFD and really get some good amount of protein in today.
    At work, I had a burger and the protein tasted so wonderful and I did feel a little better after eating it. So, I’m thinking I’ve got to get more of it I my body.

Speaking of work, being gone for two days, I sure did get an earful from the boss about the new girl and in an odd turn of events, I found myself negotiating her to stay.
    Apparently, while I was gone, the bosses were up front majority of the time and saw a few things they didn’t like and she received her second customer complaint.
    There three big things were passing off her work load and her attitude towards customers and lastly her inability to close the customer. Yes, she does try to pass the work load but that doesn’t fly with me, because I know she can do it, so I just tell her you started it you finish it. The other two unfortunately, those I’m not sure I can teach her.
    I did speak to her about her attitude not that it did me any good, what she said to me in return blew me away. Your sarcastic and snarky to the customer all the time, I cant believe your still here after all these years……. wait! what?
    Not sure where to go from there……
    I did try to help her…….but I guess, I’ll see next week, if she’ll take my guidance.

Sorry guys, this was just weighing on my mind…….

@steve toon…..Congrats on your new addition and the new arrival in Aug. I can’t wait to have little feet and hear little newborn cries in our home again!
    On the news yesterday morning, it seems like a lot of hospitals in the states are quarantining, people with flu symptoms away from those with low immune systems and only allowing a select few into the baby floors because of the high numbers of flu outbreaks this year.
    My friends daughter just had a baby, two days ago and that hospital would not even allow the grandparents on the floor. The only person they allowed with her was the father.
    My prayers to you DIL, I hope she has a safe and speedy recovery.

I’ve rambled enough this morning, that you for your kind ears…..

I’m going outside to stand, so if anyone ask just tell them I’m OUTSTANDING!

Day 20, Newcastle UK, NFD

Congratulations @steve Toon Taxi Driver – glad all is looking well for Mother and Baby.
    Thanks for the recipe @michelinme. It’s saved for when I return from holiday.
    @penz – an insightful post re hunger (real or not). The apple test can come in handy here. If it’s real hunger, you’ll eat that apple, but if it’s boredom, the apple probably won’t appeal.

Well sod’s law – we’ve our cruise in less than a week and I’ve got a streaming cold – this is day 2. Taking lots of vitamins and echinacea, am wrapped up and resting. I’ll likely be over the worst by next Friday – so the real worry is if OH comes down with it. Fingers and toes and anything else that’ll cross are crossed!

Hope all my fellow cold sufferers are on the mend.

Day 19, Guildford UK, feast day
    Day 20, Guildford UK, CFD

Yesterday was my one day a month blowout day. I had pasta. I had potatoes and I had toast!

@flourbaby still dry January, but I did tip the dregs of a bottle of red wine into my cooking……… Nothing in a glass though. I haven’t checked in how many driers are left. I struggled last week when offered a Prosecco…….

@strawberriesandcream, I jive and do dance weekenders so yes there will be lots of opportunity to dress up! Recommended for flexibility. Thank you for asking.

@songbirdme thank you for the article. Very interesting.

Onwards and downwards.

Mari

@stevetoontaxidriver many many congrats. How wonderful.

Mari

Hope no one minds my sharing a silly joke – this is NFL football season coming down to the last few teams this weekend in the USA. (Our football, not what others many call theirs… sorry.) Since the Chicago Bears are not in it (not even close) then I can enjoy those who are. Forgive me, Norwegian peeps here!

Sven and Ole die in a snowmobiling accident, drunker than skunks, and go to Hell. The Devil observes that they are really enjoying themselves. He says to them ‘Doesn’t the heat and smoke bother you?’ Ole replies, ‘Vell, ya know, ve’re from nordern Minnesooota, da land of snow an ice, an ve’re yust happy fer a chance ta varm up a little bit, ya know.’
    The devil decides that these two aren’t miserable enough and turns up the heat even more. When he returns to the room of the two from Minnesota , the devil finds them in light jackets and hats, grilling Walleye and drinking beer. The devil is astonished and exclaims, ‘Everyone down here is in misery, and you two seem to be enjoying yourselves?’ Sven replies, ‘Vell, ya know, ve don’t git too much varm veather up dere at da Falls, so ve’ve yust got ta haff a fish fry vhen da veather’s dis nice.’
    The devil is absolutely furious. He can hardly see straight. Finally he comes up with the answer. The two guys love the heat because they have been cold all their lives. The devil decides to turn all the heat off in Hell. The next morning, the temperature is 60 below zero, icicles are hanging everywhere, and people are shivering so bad that they are unable to wail, moan or gnash their teeth. The devil smiles and heads for the room with Ole and Sven. He gets there and finds them back in their parkas, bomber hats, and mittens. They are jumping up and down, cheering, yelling and screaming like mad men.
    The devil is dumbfounded, ‘I don’t understand, when I turn up the heat you’re happy. Now its freezing cold and you’re still happy. What is wrong with you two?’
    They both look at the devil in surprise and say, ‘Vell, don’t ya know, if hell iss froze over, dat must mean da Vikings von da Super Bowl.’

Day 20 (hard to believe the month is 2/3 over ! USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD

Hello all, today is a non fasting day but I am going to try and keep within a controlled eating guideline. Went out with friends for lunch yesterday, yes I had a Frostee (a Frostee root beer float, even). Just had small chili for lunch, no triple burger anything, no fries. Just chili. It was fine.

Homemade veggie pizza for dinner – piled high with roasted red peppers and freshly grated cheese! Yummy. We use the thin baked crusts from Dollar Tree and make our own pizzas with all different combos. Sometimes twice a week.. After trying every single brand of frozen pizza and every single store brand of pizza crust – we finally found our favorite. Even tried making my own crust but could never get it as thin and crispy as we like.

Now I buy the crusts in bulk online and pick them up at my local store (free, no shipping) to make sure I don’t run out. Also buy my Hormel pepperoni and my pizza sauce at Dollar Tree. We used to love Red Baron fire baked thin crust pizzas but they changed the recipe somehow and now I taste some sort of floral spice in the sauce and it doesn’t taste good.

Got in lots and lots of exercise yesterday, will do the same today.

Maintaining at goal weight.

Wishing everybody a great day, it is going to be sixty degrees here so I can finally take the plastic containers with the holiday décor back out into the storage building.

Day 20 – USA – NFD

Good FD yesterday, about 389 calories. @songbirdme, that was a good one, lol! My father-in-law sends the Sven and Ole jokes; there are many!

steve, Congrats on the new baby, a new life brings such energy into a family! Hopefully your daughter in law is all better by now. And another new baby expected in your family this summer. You are truly blessed.

Welcome home, daffodil. Hopefully the luggage snafu will be sorted out soon. Maybe your suitcases are at the Vatican! haha…

HOW DID I MISS NATIONAL POPCORN DAY !!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back, johnny.

Congrats on the new job, belfastsink.

Day 20, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Day 20 – 🇬🇧- NFD

@stevetoontaxidriver – congrats grandad definitely a good reason to wet the baby’s head in light of Mum doing so well!!!

Have a great weekend everyone! Still on track with fasting & exercising – 20 days into jan 2 out of 3 resolutions still intact 😊

Day 20 UK NFD

Yesterday turned into an unplanned FD due to a late lunch of salad & the leftover halloumi and only realsing I’d missed supper later in the evening. Harder to resist late evening carbs, but found quick healthy tasty food and finished at 800 calories.

Awful headache this morning despite drinking 2litres water yesterday so not sure if i’m coming down with something again 🙁 Enjoyed a slow, quiet day baking bread and a beetroot & apple cake – and a lot of clearing up the kitchen afterwards!

Looking forward to a bath and an early night, hoping to feel better tomorrow. Decided I’ll get myself ready tonight and if I feel well enough I’ll go, but if not I’ll take the day to rest up, potter & look after myself – there’s enough pressure on me already without me adding to it!

@stevetoontaxidriver Congratulations on the new baby and hope your daughter in law is well and home again soon

@daffodil2010 welcome back, and thanks so much for the excellent travelogue

@bert1802 Always so hard when people criticise us for being who we are, and helpful to process that and let it go in any way that works. Otherwise we hold it in and then try and eat the feelings away 🙁

Day 18 – nfd
    Day 19 – nfd
    Day 20 – nfd

I have a fallen a little off the wagon, my friends. These past few days have been so busy, and normally that means I’m not eating, but I’ve been feasting on all bad foods since I haven’t had time to cook or anything. 🙁 all my exercise at the gym can’t make up for this! Hoping that checking back in will reset myself after today.

Hope you are all doing well. Going to work on catching up on all your stories now!

Day 20 North Wales NFD

Day 20 NFD Oregon USA

Well a check of the spreadsheet and I see that my goal for January was a pound lower than I thought.🤔 So…two pounds to go to meet January goal. I need to get serious these last ten days and stop the faffing!! @flourbaby do you have any of that fine resolve to share/spare? 😊

@SongbirdMe–I loved the joke. Big Steelers fans here so last weekend was…disappointing.

@LindaSue–thank you for that fabulous tip about the Dollar Tree pizza crust!! I love thin crust AND its so much lower in calories. You can make it really yummy at home for really low cal. So excited to try this. (And I see I can buy in bulk too)

@leggit–just hop back on, push reset–you will be fine! 💪🏼

@Bert1802–I am really curious what you do for your job. And never feel bad about sharing/unloading. As @michelinme said–if you don’t process those feelings they can end up influencing other things, like your food choices. (At least they do for me)

@daffodil2010–so sorry for the travel struggles getting home. Ugh is all I can say. Nothing quite so miserable especially when you are really tired.

@bigviking really hope your sinuses improve this week. Worst kind of unfairness, ill and not a friendly scale? As you said, it’s likely all fluid and gone by tomorrow.

Glad so many are sticking with their pocket goals for January. After the first week and the gall bladder issues, I have really just focused on getting back to the two fast days. I know my NFD’s have been less than stellar and probably above TDEE too much. Also no exercise incorporated yet which was also a goal for January.
    Hoping that the last ten days can find proper motivation. I find the winters here in Oregon really challenging mentally–rainy gray for days–and know that exercise will improve that.

“Figure out what’s good for you and then create a liking for it. You have to work at living!”

Day 20 Sarasota, Florida CD Good reset FD yesterday, under 500 calories. CD’s today and tomorrow and I’ll meet my weekly goal of 6000 calories (I’m a small and forced to be sedentary person.) Erased my mindless 🍦 indulgences earlier in the week.Thanks for the laugh @songbirdme

Day 17 – 21 all NFDs/Melbourne Australia

Haven’t had time to catch up with posts. Hope all is well?

Day 20, UK, NFD

An uneventful day here, just busy with work. Tired now so intend to stay on my sofa and watch some TV.

Hope everyone is doing well.

💜

Day 20 – SW WA USA – NFD

Hey @mjrbcd44 – I saw a sunbreak on my way to the car dealership! It does give me a pick-me-up. As I believe I’ve mentioned before. I mark an S on the calendar every day that I see the sun peek through.

@songbirdme – I’m hoping to see the Greatest Showman this weekend. You & someone else gave it a good review, so I hope to give it a go.

@Dafodil2010 – hoping your luggage catches up with you soon. My son came through this weekend & we chose our seats and went through our itinerary etc. I also made it to the gym this morning for a strength workout including 6 minutes on the step machine. Trying to get ready for the walking in Peru.

Remember that together we are stronger,even on the weekend!

Day 21 – Japan – NFD 84.1 kg

I’ve definitely lost some ground, so I’m going to start paying attention to what I eat on NFDs.

Day 20 Canada NFD
    Catching up on posts, glad all is going well for this challenge.

Day 23, UK, NFD
    76.3 kg. After 10 months of this WOL I should know better. But I am still hugely frustrated and disappointed with my weight this week. In the six days since Monday I have had 3 perfectly executed, 0 kcal FDs. And alhough my NFDs weren’t perfect, they weren’t stupid either. In my mind I should have lost ca. 1kg. Instead I’ve gained 0.3kg. That’s a 3lb difference and it is bugging me. And my rational side knows it is retained water (my cold is still with me), but the little voices in my head keep trying to sabotage me. I SO want to get to my goal weight and get onto maintenance, but my body is slowing it down. Ggrrrrr!!! 😡😡😡

Day 21 country west Australia NFD
    yesterday’s FD derailed by lunch and afternoon tea out with friends and frankly couldn’t be bothered being mindful when eating.
    Feeling really tired and worn out. This time last year had been doing 5:2 for 12 weeks and lost several kgs.
    This time THIS year currently 5.2 kgs heavier than when I started 5:2.
    That’s what happens when one stops being mindful and stops fasting!!
    Just read an article in our Sunday newspaper that said so many school children in Australia are upset at the size uniform they wear that manufacturers are now ‘ re-sizing’ uniforms eg a size 10 becomes a size 8 . Not sure how that is helpful to our children. 1 in 4 Aussie children now overweight or obese. Sad but true.

Day 21, NSW Australia, FD
    Hi everyone. Just checking in. Enjoy the coming week.
    Bye for now!

Day 21, (Snowy) London, UK, NFD (CD)

So the scales aren’t playing fair ………… AGAIN!!!! I’m well below my weekly 8300cal target too!!! Although I may be to blame a bit, because I’ve been slacking in my ‘dragon drowning’ attempts …………………….. I’m practically desiccated since there’s no booze and very little water & since I don’t drink anything else, I’m just surviving on coffee ……………… a diuretic!!!! Must drink more water!!!

@mjrbcd44, I’m sending some resolve your way although, you’re so close to goal, you should be celebrating!!!!!!!

@bigviking I feel your frustration, I imagine maintenance is the most difficult & tricky part of this WOL. We strive to get there, and then take our foot off the accelerator a bit, because we made it!!! Then old habits sneak up on us, it’s a mental thing but you can only press the reset button and learn from the blip!!! You made it to maintenance before, you’ll make it again, and THIS time, you’ll know how to slowly & gently ease off that pedal!!! Stay strong, YOU really have got this!!!!!

As we hurtle towards the end of January, Dry or sugar free ………….. or not, I hope the Newbies have settled into what will be the best (and easiest) thing you’ve ever done for your health, and the Oldies (gazelles & tortoises alike) will remain faithful despite ups & downs, and blips & dips, and cake & bread or crisps & chips!!!!

Onward & downwards people!!!!

Day 21 Wales NFD

Viewing 50 posts - 1,051 through 1,100 (of 1,558 total)

You must be logged in to reply.