January 2018 Monthly Challenge–Bring on the New Year!!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
January 2018 Monthly Challenge–Bring on the New Year!!

This topic contains 1,551 replies, has 125 voices, and was last updated by  steffieagle 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,001 through 1,050 (of 1,558 total)

• Day 18, Newcastle UK, NFD

This morning I am back at the same weight as last Wednesday. Admittedly I haven’t managed a proper FD this week – but it really has been a pretty good week overall. Still nearly two weeks to meet my January goal. Great evening of dancing last night – a particularly energetic week. Got a busy day on today, so a quick hello this morning.

Welcome back @johnnyr – I’ve missed your jokes.
    Good for you @rainbowsmile – do you have any particular events planned for your new dresses?
    Commiserations on your flu @bert1802. Get well soon.
    @mjrbcd44 – did you win???
    Going to check that app out @janejust – sounds interesting.

I watched the Channel 5 programme and think the story got a bit mixed up in the editing process tbh. I’m pleased ‘the celebrity’ (never heard of her) gave it a good review at the end of her 4 week trial. And as the saying goes – ‘the proof is in the pudding’ and there is overwhelming proof that 5:2 is a sustainable method of lifestyle change.

I particularly liked yesterday’s quote, so here it is again. Have a good day all.
    “The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” – Socrates

Day 18 Rome NFD
    Just checking in. Still dry and saying well done to all the other dry Januaryians. Haven’t been fasting for over a week and I’m dying to get back to it. Can I have a quick moan? Not sure why but I’ve got a banging headache and I feel fed up. I’m ready to go home. Boohoo. There. Moan over. Best wishes to everybody on this site. It’s nice to be part of this lovely group.

London UK

Day 2 Fd
    Day 3 CD
    Been ok this week so far another FD today
    Onwards and downwards.

I agree this isn’t a crash diet it’s a WOL

Day 18, London, UK, FD (3rd of B2B2B)

Good FD yesterday followed by a Box to Bass class ……….. I never knew I was so uncoordinated!!!!!

@bert1802, I’m trying to outrun everyone I come into contact with, who shows signs of this dreaded lurgy, I hope you feel better soon and OH takes good care of you. Luckily this forum is physical-contact free!!!!!

Welcome back @johnnyr, I’m using the accountability these challenges bring as a lifeline, I’m sure if I dared to step away there would be “issues” so I’m sticking around until I feel I can control my numerous dragons!!!!

@saffy420, sometimes it’s easier to just say nothing ……………………… I wish ‘other’ people felt the same!!!!!!

@rainbowsmile, the Dry-Januarians have been a bit quiet lately (trying not to jinx it??) We’re past the ½ way point and I honestly haven’t thought about red wine for ages!!! That revenge bod is going to be bangin’!!!!!

Speaking of which – How are the Dry-Januarians getting on? Myself, @strawberriesandcream, @emma Taylor (In Rome too!!!!), @miraclelou, @maayyaa, (Our honorary, @bert1802, member), @rainbowsmile, @jaifaim & @bigviking are still hanging in there!!! Apologies if I missed you off the list!!!

@strawberriesandcream, had to laugh at the ‘celebrity’ trialling 5:2 – at the end she said it was a great programme and she would continue, but she wasn’t sure if she could manage the FDs …………………………….. Errhm, WHAT???

Stay strong everyone, the faffing has abated and I’m soooooo back on track, a B2B2B will do that for me!!!!

“Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill

Day 18, Belfast, CD??

Haven’t checked in for a while – had a big job interview last week so had been prepping for it. I can’t really concentrate on studying if I’m hungry, so had given the 5:2 a break for a bit. My Christmas had been quite stressful too, with family issues and the interview looming, so I feel that I’ve been through the wringer a bit, mentally and emotionally.

I got the job, though!! A very nice start to 2018 🙂

However, I am up 5lbs from before Christmas, but hoping to get back on the 5:2 wagon properly soon enough. Just taking it slowly at the moment.

Hope everyone is well….I’m trying to catch up on the posts. I’ll defo sign up for February.

Day 18 Wales FD

@belfastsink – congratulations on the new job!

To everyone not feeling well – hope you get better soon. OH and I are slowly recovering but never had a virus linger for so long before…..so many people are saying the same thing, weeks after the cold/flu has cleared they are left with lingering coughs and sinus problems – @bigviking I am sharing your sinus misery, waking up in the night and feeling sleep deprived. Looking forward to the Spring, better weather and an end to winter bugs!!

Fasting today on a generous 800 calories to ensure I get plenty of fibre and vitamin rich foods to boost my immunity!

Have a good Thursday everyone.

Day 18, US, FD

Really really good CFD yesterday wh technically qualifies as a FD. And as today is my usual FD I am on track for a B2B2B! 🙂

Congrats @belfastsink! Awesome news.

Photos really do tell a thousand words. I’ve not (yet! – apart from ones of me in my late teens!) got a photo of myself where I think I loko good. But I use the others as motivation to keep going. I will get that bod I desire!

Day 18……Florida……FD

Feeling a tad bit better this morning, still a slight fever at times and I woke up with a killer headache,that goodness Aleve made it a dull sinus pressure. I did call out again today, only because I did not want to over do it and get this sick again.

I am going to try and disinfect the house as my oldest wasn’t feeling well as he headed to work. It will be a slow go but I’ll do my best as I don’t want anyone to get this, it’s awful.

Food wise it’s been mostly fluids,so I’m thinking it will be the same today.

Day 18 USA (Illinois) NFD

Doing fine, had a great TDEE day yesterday despite all the carbs at the fundraiser spaghetti supper. Yeah for that!

I hope to read and chime in some more later on various posts.

Onward and downward

Day 18 Akron OH FD

Have a good day everyone and welcome back @johnnyr you were missed

Day 18, Finland, FD & NFD!

Night shift is finally over for this list anyway, which is why today is both a FD and NFD. I started the fast before work yesterday so am done now. I love waking up after FD and feeling lighter…the motivation to not go crazy on NFD is enormous just because there are fast tangible results. Love it!Despite my saying i was only going to weigh on Mondays….I was -3kg from last weeks starting weight!No for some controlled NFD over the weekend!

@belfastsink congratulations on a new job! I had an interview today, but it has left me more unsure about whether I want to change jobs or not. I have to think hard over the weekend just in case I am offered it next week.

Sounds like so many people are down with winter bugs…hope you are all feeling better. Here is a Finnish way to prevent winter colds…..I have been winter swimming in our close by lake for the last 3 winters. They keep a hole unfrozen in the lake while the rest freezes over, and you swim for a short time. I haven’t had a proper cold since I started. I think the bugs are scared away by dipping in the frozen waters 😉

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone, and thanks for all the fabulous motivational stories and quotes, they help keep my mind on the ball.

Day 17,Germany, CD
    Hey! I am really glad to report my dry januarians that I made it last night with my friends to not drink any alcohol! 🎉
    Felt good – especially this morning!
    I had planned to do an FD today but I feel very weak and tired and hungry. I think I will change it into a CD and have a FD tomorrow instead.
    So tonight will be my main meal today and I will make it very healthy and hopefully it will strengthen me a bit. I need to get more sleep as well… Tomorrow will be very busy, so I hope fasting will be easier…

Day 18, Surrey, FD

Just checking in. All going well. I think I had one of those “whoosh” moments this morning. The scales are telling me I’m 1.4lb below my January target weight today – that’s nearly 2lb off since Saturday’s Asian dinner! Trying not to get too excited, as I’m sure it’s mostly water!

Who was it who said “Take your successes and failures, and treat those two impostors just the same”? I think this motto is displayed somewhere in the dressing rooms at Wimbledon? Have a good day all, and stay cool!

Day 18 NFD Las Vegas NV

Cruise bloat and fat all gone. Hit an all time low of 158.0 Lbs. My lower body is sore from lifting weights yesterday. Today will be a conservative NFD and a rest day from exercise.

Day 18 FD Oregon USA

**If you’re fasting today, add your name to the list**

@bigviking
    @maayyaa
    @debster251
    @mjrbcd44

Lots of great posts!
    Sadly I did not win the chili contest. But my chili was my favorite so that is fine. 😊

@belfastsink–much congrats on the job! Hope it is a great fit.

@johnnyr–always welcome here. I will add you to the spreadsheet.

@bert1802, @bigviking,@saffy420,@leggit, and whoever else I am missing from the “sick” list. FEEL BETTER!! 😷😷

I am off to work so not a lot of time but can’t even let it pass here without saying that it is my Dad’s 90th birthday today! ❤️🎂 He is without question the most important person in who I am today. He almost died of a heart attack in 1980 and with many lifestyle changes and four different heart surgeries, he is still here to be my most trusted counselor.

“Figure out what is good for you and then create a liking for it. You have to work at living!”

Ah! Totally blanked and forgot that I signed up for this here challenge 😂 ooops. But here goes:

Day 18, FD, Copenhagen, DK.
    Down a whole lot today, which I am ecstatic about! I have surpassed my goal for this month, so I’ll go and revise in the sheet 😁🎉

Hope you’re all doing well – and happy fasting to anyone else fasting today!

A x

Day 18 UK FD

This morning I was back to 76.5kg for the second time. Amazing after yesterday’s not entirely CD of 1500 calories included a business lunch of chips and lots of steamed green veg, a slice of cake and some bread & cheese. I guess it’s the combination of the choices we make as well as the total effect.

Struggling with today’s FD, also with overall energy and sticking power after unexpectedly difficult start to working year. Taking a break with a cup of vegemite, time out to refresh and reflect before the last push of project work today.

I’ve worked hard to put boundaries round today, making time for self-care and for healing, not letting the volume of incoming emails derail my need for time out to recover and plan. I find it so easy to become chaotic, and so important to have a clear framework or I’m distracted, disorganised and letting people down.

TakinTonight’s FD food is on a separate shelf in the fridge – defrosting stew and some tofu, plus left over bit of halloumi and peas. Got some baking apple and yogurt, or some carrot & apple sticks for emergency crunch. I can do this.

Meanwhile, the cake recipe. I’ve tweaked this from one I found online, wonderful recipe credit goes to Imperfectly Paleo.

Chocolate Beetroot Banana Loaf

(dairy/sugar/gluten free, low carb/paleo & vegetarian. I’m going to experiment with aqua fava to see if i can make it vegan)

300g cooked beetroot
    c100g (2-3 medium) ripe bananas
    4 eggs
    60g coconut flour
    60g ground almonds
    60g cacao powder (NB not cocoa, tho you could use that if you want)
    1tsp vanilla
    1 tsp cinnamon
    c2tblspns grated lemon (NB I freeze lemons whole and grate them – goes a lot further, keeps forever, no bitterness & can substitute for lemon juice or for zest)

Optional 1-2tblspns runny honey or maple syrup or agave syrup

1 Grease & line 2lb/1kg loaf tin, pre-heat oven to 160C Fan/180C electric

2 Prep and combine wet ingredients – Beat eggs, mash bananas, coarsely grate beetroot, finely grate lemon, add vanilla.

3 Weigh & combine dry ingredients

4 Add wet to dry, mix well together.

5 Place in prepared loaf tin. Bake for approx 50-60 mins until spongy & done. Cool in tin for a bit before lifting out to cool on rack.

NOTES

Comes out weighing 750g (tho seems to be slightly different each time!) and I’ve calculated total calories at 1580. I slice into 12 straightaway, so 132/slice, and keep it wrapped in foil in the fridge for a week – it stays moist and it seems to get better each day.

If it seems a bit sticky add a little milk – I used almond the first time, but less beetroot and more banana worked the second time.

Keep an eye on it after about 40 mins just in case your oven is faster than mine – I’ve been baking it alongside bread so prob shorter baking time if not sharing the oven!

I like the texture blended by hand like this, but if you want it smoother you could simply stick all the ingredients in a mixer.

I adore cacao, which i stumbled across when it was on special offer and didn’t realise it wasn’t the same as cocoa. It’s an amazing mood-lifter, antioxidant, source of vitamins….

No post-cake high, no chocolatey rush, but it’s deep and rich, full of flavour and vitamins and healthy enough to eat for breakfast I couldn’t go back to sugary, white flour cakes now. Enjoy!

Day 18, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Still with the Dry January and the sugar dragon slaying folks! 😊😊😊

This is a sustainable WOE/WOL. I am following IF for almost a year now. It is not a diet and for sure not a crash diet!

Those who are sick, feel better soon!⚘⚘⚘

Have a good Thursday everyone! 😊😊😊

Day 18 – Schipol Airport Amsterdam- NFD

Great 12 hour flight from Peru only to arrive in Amsterdam to find flights cancelled all over the place due to violent winter storms. Our direct flight to Dublin is cancelled. We have been rebooked onto a flight to London Heathrow, 2 hour wait, then a flight from Heathrow to Dublin. Home at midnight 🕛

Argh 😤. Currently in the KLM lounge – thank goodness we flew business class as we can have comfort in lounges while we wait. Unlike the bedlam that is Schipol Airport right mike. BUT, the lounge means complementary drinks and food, and I am partaking with gusto. Sitting here right now with a cool glass of Holland’s finest Heineken 🍺

Real pain though. I love air travel but this waiting around is so tedious

I plan to start fasting again on Monday. Right now another Heineken is looking like a good idea 😮

Day 18 – USA – NFD

Day 18, UK, FD

So far so good, FD is going well with just chicken soup so far, so very low calories. Hoping to have a good finish 🙂

Congrats on new job @belfastsink , I hope you enjoy it.

@kerryn73 swimming in frozen lake?! Omg I’m feeling frozen just thinking about it 😮 brrrrr

@daffodil2010 sorry to hear you had a cancelled flight, its a nuisance when that happens. So not used to you not posting from Peru 😀

@mjrbcd44 Happy 90th Birthday to your dad! I hope he has a wonderful day 😊

**If you’re fasting today, add your name to the list**

@bigviking
    @maayyaa
    @debster251
    @mjrbcd44
    @shinything

I’m one of those not too well, a bit better today but still coughing, hope all that are not feeling well get better soon 🤗

Hi,
    I started two weeks ago. I am on my 4th fast. I am reading about the benefit of exercise. I had a knee injury (that is not going to go away) and haven’t been able to get back to the gym. I also dislike the gym. Trying to go for 30 minute walks when I can. Not sure how others are dealing with exercise…

Day 18 – 🇬🇧- NFD

Sorry i’ve been awol – been a busy 🐝 the pace has helped me complete b2b over the last two days, so FDs completed for this week!

Trying to catch up on all the posts, great recipes & links – thank you!

Day 18 – SW WA USA – FD

Yesterday’s 800 FD went a little over I believe, so true 500 cal one today.

Welcome @arsalad – read @mjrbcd44 beginning post so you learn how this forum works.

@mjrbcd44 – sorry you didn’t win the chili cookoff but glad you enjoy it anyway.

Speaking of recipes, I look forward to trying yours @michelinme

**If you’re fasting today day 18, add your name to the list**

@bigviking
    @maayyaa
    @debster251
    @mjrbcd44
    @shinything

Day 18 Newcastle UK NFD 🇬🇧.
    Late posting latest grandson has decided to make a very slow appearance throughout last night and today.Lots of false starts and broken sleep but he should be here in the next few hours 😁
    I may have to have a small drink tonight 🥂

Day 18 California FD

Fast day today is going well so far. I’m managing to maintain my 59 kg with 2 FD per week and not having to count calories on NFD.

**If you’re fasting today day 18, add your name to the list**

@bigviking
    @maayyaa
    @debster251
    @mjrbcd44
    @shinything
    @califdreamer

Day 19 – Japan – FD #4 85.0kg

Been a while since I seen 85kg on the scale. I think it is mostly related to lower activity levels. I may have to get more aggressive with my NFDs.

Day 18, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD

Hello all, doing fine – keeping pretty busy around here but staying the course! Still loving my planks.

Day 17 – Iceland – FD
    Day 18 – Iceland – NFD

Hi All, wow people are from all over the place! Love that. I’m in the UK. It was blowing a gale last night and I sat up in bed, bolt upright with the clattering all around the house. No extremes of weather where I live, but it’s grotty right now. Thanks Mjrbcd44 for adding me to your spreadsheet! I’m no fan of spreadsheets, I have to look at them in work and it’s not my skill. I have the wrong type of brain for processing all those lines and numbers! I admire others who can do it though!
    My aims: I’m 11stone 5. I want to lose 1.5-2 stone, more if I can. I’m 161.5 cm tall (the 0.5 is critical 😂).
    I’m moderately active, as much as I can be as I have a job which keeps me in meetings and sitting down a lot.
    I’ve fasted today. I was working at home and it was fine. I went over 500 calories but no startchy carbs at all. I was so cold though today. I always am when I fast. I didn’t drink anywhere near enough water today. I’m bad a drinking water at home but much better when I’m in work.
    Are other people doing strict fasts, a hybrid of things, what are people up to? Would love to hear what’s working for others on here …?

Day 18 – Ireland – NFD

Quite a controlled NFD today but woke with a bad headache which I have been unable to shake. Maybe it’s all this clean January living… Body may be in shock!! 😉
    Thinking of all those who are feeling ill at the moment and hoping you feel better soon.
    First real booze challenge tomorrow as meeting friends for drinks after work..have not mentioned to them that I am on the dry.. Easier to just order water when I get there… I’m sure I’ll be tempted but will be strong 😇.
    Onward and downward!

Just a thought for @jaifaim about meeting up with drinkers when you’re not drinking yourself. If you have something in front of you that looks like a ‘drink’, rather than water, people seem to forget you’re not drinking and leave you alone. It’s a bit like when some people realise you’re fasting. Best to be as quiet about it as you can….

2nd post –

*If you’re fasting today day 18, add your name to the list**

@bigviking
    @maayyaa
    @debster251
    @mjrbcd44
    @shinything
    @califdreamer
    @annemarilyn

Forgot to add my name on my 1st post

Just had an early supper & off to teach night school. Should be fine!

We can do this!

Day 14 Sarasota, Florida NFD
    Day 15 CD
    Day 16 CD
    Day 17 NFD
    Day 18 NFD I have a problem with ice cream.. For the 2nd time this week I made a poor decision costing me 300 empty calories. When I get that yen, I need to pre-enter those calories. That’ll fix this problem. I am NOT going to carelessly regain what I lost.

Day 19, NFD
    Damn you sinuses! On the plane to Heathrow in 3 1/2 hours. Have saved my last 2 sudafeds to have in a couple of hours. Will have to g and see the pharmacists when I get home.

No idea what my weight will be when I weigh in tomorrow, but if there is anyfairness, it will be down. And I’ll be one day closer to a very cold glass of white wine!

2nd post

8:00 pm

Am sitting comfortably (well to be fair I have been hungry today–so not really comfortable–which proves how I should not get too cavalier about FD’s being easier) Right now I am at about 375 calories or close. Going to have some herbal tea and a Graham cracker and then hopefully go to bed.

I can do this until tomorrow!!

Day 19, CD/NFD, Norway

Today is my 19th anniversary for when i got engaged with my OH. 19.01.1999. (still not married, not going to happen – happy as engaged)

Yesterday another successful FD, and the scales smiled to me with all time low this morning. Busy day at work and sparetime today, and on top of that i got asked to step in at the elderly center, so going to work morningshift tomorrow and eveningshift on sunday…so busy weekend, should help me with not over-snacking.

10kg down before my usa-vacation would be awsome!!…(7.mars)

Didnt have time to read all the posts this morning, did some internet-banking instead (payday today), but looked like a lot of good posts today, so coming in for another look when time is right 🙂

Day 17 North Wales NFD
    Day 18 FD
    Day 19 NFD

All going well. This way of life seems second nature now. Still with the dry Januaries. @steve ToonTaxiDriver hope your latest Grandson arrived safely. Grandchildren are such a joy. Have a good Friday everyone.

Day 19, NSW Australia, NFD
    Down 300gm since yesterday & feeling good!
    Thinking of all those who are not well – hope you all feel a lot better real soon.
    Congrats to those with new employment – well done.
    It’s just after 7pm Friday, on the east coast of Australia. Enjoy your weekend.
    Bye for now!

Day 19, Cornwall UK, NFD

Another Friday weigh-in and 0.4kg down. I’d like it to be faster and it is a relief to lose some after gaining 0.4kg last week. So overall January is much slower than previous months and I’m not sure why – perhaps an honest review of my snacking on NFDs is needed. I have switched from unhealthy to more healthy snacks – but its still snacking/calories – so I’ve got a lot of work to do on that bad habit. Also have to eat less now I weigh a bit less, which is a pain!

Start weight: 106kg / 234 lbs
    Target weight: 65kg / 143 lbs
    Current weight: 88.5kg / 185 lbs
    Total loss so far: 17.5kg / 38 lbs (lots to go!)

Someone was asking what patterns we follow for fasting – I just do 2 fast days a week (Mon/Thur) at 500 calories and try to eat a plant-based Mediterranean diet on non-fast days. Without snacking! and a little red wine. Its slow (1lb a week on average, sometimes more or less) but effective (for me anyway). I’ve just started extending some fast days another few hours by skipping breakfast the following day, taking a 36hr fast to a 42hr fast.

The Plank Challenge and my yoga is going well – I added some very wobbly side planks to the standard plank and boat-pose this week and can now do 15 seconds each side, no wobble. Just a few practice sessions makes a big difference. Now I can do the move, I can get good at it, as 15 seconds each side is actually quite useless! I did this week’s yoga at 40hrs into my fast and wondered how it would work out – and my best yoga session ever – highly recommended, so I’ll be doing that from now on. Thanks to our lovely yoga teacher – Sophie – yoga queen of the Roseland Peninsula.

Lovely sunny day today – off for a coastal walk later once my work is done.

Day 19, London, UK, NFD

Off to Pilates soon, so this might be a short one!!

I was absolutely starving last night!!! After yoga, I came home and had the veg soup I favour on FDs, then promptly closed the kitchen!!! A couple of hours later I could have gnawed my arm off, but I KNEW I wasn’t hungry and I’ve made the vow to eat the ‘Kitchen is Closed’ sign before anything else, including arms!!! I didn’t crack!!!!

I hope everyone has a good & productive Friday, this is the start of my weekend so mindful, Mindful, MINDFUL!!!!!!

Day 19 – 🇬🇧- NFD

Day 19 UK CD

Friday weigh in and I’m bounced back to 77kg/169.5lbs despite FD yesterday, so loss this week is 0.5lbs. Really happy tho cos I know i’m due a whoosh and my fat suit is definitely shrinking! I’ve lost a whole inch from my waist and 0.5 from my bust in just a week – my hips are always behind 😀

Good enough FD yesterday, under 800 calories with substantial dinner and delicious pudding. Feeling as tho i’m coming down with something but important deadlines today, so definitely an organised but paced day at the desk/email/planner, and an early finish time. The sun is shining and that always helps.

Get well soon to everyone who’s feeling sick. All that drink lots of fluids, keep warm, rest as much as you can and don’t worry about things – we’re in it for the long haul. Your body will thank you now and your brain will thank you later.

Have a good day!

Day 19 Newcastle UK FD 🇬🇧.
    Pocket list
    @bigviking
    @maayyaa
    @debster251
    @mjrbcd44
    @shinything
    @califdreamer
    @annemarilyn
    Stevetoontaxidriver.
    Well the baby arrived last night, he’s a healthy weight of 8 pounds 13 ounces.
    Heather my daughter-in-law lost a lot of blood nearly two pints and had to have an emergency operation I am not going into all the gory details. she may have to have another operation later on today. It’s such a stressful time for the whole family. We have the winter vomiting bug in our area along with the Australian flu as they’re calling it so nobody is allowed to go to the hospital and visit which makes it even harder. I’m sure everything will be ok in the end.
    Well back to concentrating on work hope everybody has a fabulous weekend

Day 19 Wales NFD

Slept well last night after my FD and feeling good today ☺️

@timetochange – I fast on Monday and Thursday at up to 800 calories. I eat a Mediterranean diet, no refined carbs or sugar – as in the Blood Sugar Diet. I began this WOE in July last year weighing 11st 5 and on 31 Dec I was 9st 11 (I only weigh me once a month at the end of the challenge). Not the fastest loss but very steady and comfortable. The great thing about 5:2 is the flexibility it allows for experimentation to discovery what works best for you so that it feels natural and sustainable.

Happy Friday everyone.

Day 18 – FD

Thanks for all the welcome back messages. Good to see all doing so well and supporting each other. It means a lot.

So the god of the scales said yesterday that I’m 82.6kg. I was around 81 before Xmas. So now I’m planning to go down to 74kg by losing around 1kg/week. That’s lower than I achieved last year (78-79.5kg lowest point).

Thanks to the person who mentioned the Happy Scale app. Downloaded and in use. Looks helpful

I’m really struggling to stop myself eating bad stuff on FDs (biscuits, etc.). But I’ll try hard not to. Any tips? But please don’t say: “don’t have them in the house” as the 4 other members of the family would not find that acceptable.

@arsalad – I had a knee problem a couple of years ago. It’s what actually prompted me to lose weight. i realised (a few years too late) that I couldn’t run off the calories anymore! When I was injured and starting the 5:2 I had a couple of physio appointments, which are a funny story in themselves, but they didn’t really help me too much.

So I signed up for an adult swim class to improve technique, and started spin classes at the gym. These two + the weight loss (15kg) helped me enormously. The spin in particular helped knee recovery. But the weight loss… wow, that makes so much difference. Rolled the years back so I’m running faster than I have fo a long time. I ran a 10k in December with a strained calf from playing football/soccer. I only ran as it was son No.2’s first one, and though in pain, especially for the last mile, I was faster than 10 years ago. Go for it!

Also – don’t worry about fasting and exercising. I’m better on a fast day than a NFD. Just hydrate more.

Norway, Day 19, NFD

Had B2B FD Monday and Tuesday, or at least 1.5 FD. I had a business trip from Tuesday to Thursday, and I am sick again so no more FD this week.

Hope everyone are well, I feel bad for not having the time to read all the posts. I know how interesting and inspiring you all are, but I just don’t have the time right now. At least I am trying to check in and be accountable from time to time. I am still here, and I am still fasting! =D

Have a great weekend everyone! I am having some red wine tomorrow. And tonight. Much deserved!

Day 19…..Florida……CD

Well, Im headed back to work today, I’m feeling better, just feeling a bit dry. So, I know it will be a lot of liquids today. I pray we are not busy because I’m still not 100 percent.

@kerryn……You are definitely stronger than I, I don’t think I could take any cold dips into anything……

Welcome to all the newbies in our group. I’m not sure who asked but I’ve lost well over 40lbs with absolutely no exercise. I know tons of others partake, but it just isn’t something I enjoy but I do have a extremely active job that keeps me moving nearly all day.
    Like with 5:2 you must find what works for you…..

My prayers to all those who are dealing with a very mad Mother Nature. This morning the news said she was blowing roofs off in the Netherlands and causing unfavorable conditions in Europe.

All right well, it’s that time……

I’m going outside to stand, so if anyone ask just tell them I’m OUTSTANDING!

Day 19, Finland, NFD

Feeling good today, although am planning pizza for dinner! We have Friday as our goodie day, used to be lolly day but the kids and I are having a lolly/chocolate ban, so we have other goodies. i though i would forgo goodies for some salty pizza. I haven’t thought about lollies/chocolates at all until today, which is a lovely surprise.

@Stevetoontaxidriver congratulations on your family’s new arrival and hope your daughter is ok.

Day 19, NFD

Hi @johnnyr. Not sure if this will help you avoid the snacks, but try paying attention to your “habit” or what happens before you eat the “bad stuff”. If you can recognise the triggers, then it’s easier to avoid. Also, if you can introduce a new habit or pattern to interupt the old, then that might help as well. For example, of an evening I like to sit in the corner of my big couch with a glass of wine on the coffee table next to me. It’s a habit to reach out and find the glass there. But, if I sit on the other end of the couch (not my usual position) I don’t then automatically reach out to the glass, so I find I don’t “need” the glass of wine there. If you have a habit of eating a biscuit when another family member does, then go outside instead. Or something like that.

I feel like I am due a woosh but daren’t get on the scales for being disappointed. But I FEEL lighter, and that’s what’s more important to me. I am looking forward to our traditional home made pizza tonight tho.

Oh. And I really must get back into planks!! Problem is I read all the posts in the morning at work, and forget about them when I’m home again in the evening. @cornish-jane: I will be channelling your success tonight!

Happy Friday everyone!

Viewing 50 posts - 1,001 through 1,050 (of 1,558 total)

You must be logged in to reply.