Jan 2017 Starters/Re-Starters from a binge eater

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Jan 2017 Starters/Re-Starters from a binge eater

This topic contains 723 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  Floridag1rl 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 724 total)

• Hello. I could eat less today. I finished dinner at 5:50 pm. But feel a bit too full.
    I am fasting tomorrow- will need to stay in 500 cal.
    Looks like summer is here it is almost 7 pm and still hot.
    Regarding Wendy Hendry… she is a former binger, wrote a book and has a website http://www.wendyhendry.com/blog/
    There are many videos of her talking about the subject on youtube. I read anything about binging hoping that something would work for me.
    Hope your day was good, Floridagirl!
    Talk to you soon

Well, unfortunately, I failed yesterday…I said, “I’ll just eat this”…then 2 hours later…I have eaten the whole kitchen. 🙁 I was very disappointed with myself…but I did exercise yesterday.

So, I am fasting today along with you Alisa. Thanks for the info on Wendy Hendry…I will definitely check it out…maybe I’ll watch one of the youtube videos while I walk on the treadmill.

Good luck to you.

Good evening. I did ok today – about 630 cal, not 500. Once they said 700 cal work as good as 500 cal, it is hard to do less.
    For dinner I made zucchini spaghetti with tarragon and a lentil burger. A local family company makes pretty tasty vegetarian burgers- 110 cal.
    How are you trying to eat: more protein, vegetarian… ?
    I love to eat oatmeal with yogurt and raspberries for breakfast; then eggs and vegetables for lunch and dinner is usually fish and vegetables. I love my plan, just need to stop eating in between;-) sometimes I think I will never be able to control my portions! But there were other things, I thought were impossible and managed them. Let’s keep going!
    Will look for your post in the morning…

…. hope you had a good day today!

Good morning…I did very well yesterday. Yeah!

It’s funny how our brain play tricks on us. Like Wendy Hendry said, “like a bratty child”.

Your dinner sounds wonderful…I’ve been doing a lot of zucchini spaghetti also, thankfully hubby likes it too. We’re not really following a vegetarian lifestyle any more. I’m just trying to stay away from processed food. It sounds like you have certainly found a good plan for yourself.

Portion control seems to be my big issue also…it sounds like you are slowly but surely doing better and better. I think that the fasting is helping me to make positive changes over time.

Have a great day, Alisa

Hello, Floridagirl!
    Today was my turn to eat everything in the kitchen;-(
    I went to the cycling class in the morning. Looks like it is a spring break for schools- 8 people in the class and a different instructor. Everyone is vacationing in Florida?!
    I felt tired after class and the lack of energy was very uncomfortable. The day was going well, I was composing my success report to you… and then after dinner, my husband went to the neighbors and I started wondering what else i could eat: oatmeal, yogurt, nuts, honey. Ok, i am reporting a failure and moving on.
    I liked how you wrote about my meal plan, thank you! I will keep in mind – slowly but surely doing better. Tomorrow will be better. Talk to you soon!

Good morning Alisa,

Sorry to hear about your day, yesterday. I am very glad to hear that you are reporting and moving on…that’s the important thing…not to give up. I did that for many, many years and that is why I am here now, trying to remove 40 lbs worth of giving up.

I am fasting today…I’m feeling really good after the past 2 days…getting through my fast on Tuesday…eating well yesterday…getting all my exercise done…back on track…got to keep it going!

Have a marvelous day!

Myggan, in your last post, it sounded like you were ready to give it a go again…how is it going?

SavBlanc, we haven’t heard from you in a while…are things getting better for you?

ratatouille, if you are still peeking in…we miss you.

Good message, Floridagirl! Yes, where are our people? We need your support, stories… please talk to us!
    I was good today, easy (not!) anyway, I went to a health seminar at work today and joined 14 days portion control challenge ( I will get a day vacation just for participation )
    There were healthy eating, vegetarian eating, 14 days of exercise (done!) and a portion control challenge – all suddenly I thought, this is the challenge for me! My group decided to start tomorrow, so, the next step for each of us was to write meal plan – I did. We need to plan meals for next day, get a kitchen scale (control portions) meet every day (not on weekends).
    There are food plan templates, like
    Breakfast- 1 protein + 1 cereal/grain +1 fruit.
    Lunch- 1 protein + 6oz vegetables + 1 fat + 1 fruit
    I got a list of foods for protein, grains, fruit.
    I will keep my F-days on Tuesday and Thursday too, will report tomorrow my portion control addition.
    Hope you are doing well, Floridagirl!

Happy Friday!

That is awesome that you have this new challenge and the nice added incentive of an extra vacation day…very nice!

I didn’t lose any weight this week, but I didn’t gain any either…so, that’s a positive.

I’m going to try to be good over the weekend….NO between meal snacking…and then there is Easter…we’re going to my sister-in-law’s for dinner…I am always assigned to bring a dessert…I am going to make a sugar-free blueberry dessert…I hope that it turns out good enough that no one will know it’s low cal. 🙂

Have a great weekend!

Greetings Alisa and Floridagirl! I am still here (in spirit)! I had dreadful food days mid-march to early April and then on got on a plane for the South of France and I am here until May 5 (with a short trip to Germany). The weather has been stellar. The food and wine great. My eating has been to excess which I sort of consider ok(?) considering that it is my big holiday for the year. I have been reading your posts and admiring your focus and struggles and focus. I am hoping to regain the 5:2 focus when I am home. I will say that my clothes fit much better than in early January and I feel good in my clothes compared to
    My visit at the same time last year. I will be back on the thread in early May, but reading you every day. floridagirl and Alisa send me an email to hikergirl@telus.net and I will give you some links and info about what am I too. Reading about you everyday!!

Floridagirl, I wish you a very nice weekend. You are very kind to make a healthy dessert for friends and relatives. It sounds great! Feel good about yourself you are on the right path.
    Ratatouille, hello! So glad to hear from you! Great trips, envies;-) I love traveling.
    Thanks for sharing email, I will write sometimes or share some audio books if you want. We will be waiting for your posts in may.
    I had a good day today. I felt good – light and did not think about food. It was very satisfying to put a mark – done, the first day of challenge. Yes!

Good Saturday morning!
    I got a morning messsge from my portion control challenge.
    Interesting – the message encourages to fight your ‘wrong’ food thoughts, brush them off, stop with no debates : ‘it is not my food!’
    It is interesting because I have heard different ideas: you can fantasize about eating anything, these are just thoughts, they do not make you fat as long as no following actions.
    The portion control people say that thoughts lead to actions, so, if you see the food you did not plan to eat (we must write a plan the night before) just firmly say – it is not my food!
    What is your experience, thoughts about it? Maybe observe your behavior on Sunday, Floridagirl?
    Good day to all

Hi all!

I’m around, and I’m reading your posts and they help keep me on track. Except?

Well, I had a work trip for the first half of the week and I consumed a ton of calories (which may have been cancelled out by the tremendous number of calories expended when you basically don’t sleep for 3 days).

But now I’m exhausted. Wiped out. And when I seemed to be finally back to square, my daughter woke us up at 2am this morning and I couldn’t sleep properly afterwards. Monday, I fly to Berlin for a work trip for a week.

Being sleepy is a major issue for me with food. I try so hard, but if I’m not well rested, I’m so vulnerable.

And so? I guess I’m giving myself the week off until I return from Berlin and can get back to square.

I felt great at the pool this week. My old colleagues and friends commented on how great I looked in my new bathing suit. I’m smaller than I’ve been in a decade. Finally below 30BMI, and the smallest notch on my beloved belt. I feel pretty awesome, although I’m hitting the point where I start feeling fat if I’m not losing at the rate I have been. Trying to get an emotional handle on that, but that, like all things, will have to wait until I’ve had a couple decent sleeps.

I hope everyone has an uncomplicated weekend!

Hello. My Age is 47. A pathologist recomended this diet to me. Where can i find the meal plan.
    Kind Regards

Hi Carmelina and welcome:

With 5:2, there is no meal plan. You can eat any foods you want to eat – but perhaps not as much of them as you would prefer.

Here is how to do 5:2, with answers to most of the common questions that come up: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Good morning! My health club is closed today?! Why? It should be lifestyle habit without holidays.
    I did well yesterday: 3 meals, no snacks, portion control – done!
    This morning I got a new message/motivation from the ‘portion control’ challenge and it is strange: do not exercise these 14 days. We have limited will power and making yourself to run, lift weights… uses that will power, so, when some calories burned and you tired, it is easier to compensate with extra food – overeat. I do not want to stop exercising ( so, I am not following the challenge 100%) it is my habit.
    Question – what was your experience? When in the past you lost weight were you also exercising?

Hi there, in the past, when I was in control of food and exercising, I lost weight, but I swung to extremes with exercising and food consumption. Just my personality I guess. I think that consistent and non demonic cardio is the way to go along with respectable eating. Easier said than done

Good Monday morning…
    FD

I hope that everyone had a nice weekend.
    We had a nice Easter celebration yesterday…I did pretty well. I only had breakfast, then hubby and I did some exercise before going to the party. I enjoyed everything that I wanted but in very small portions…didn’t leave feeling miserably stuffed…and I am feeling quite well this morning. Some of the relatives, I haven’t seen since Christmas…it was nice to hear that they noticed that I’d lost weight…My sister-in-law even said to be before we left…”keep doing what you’re doing”, “don’t stop”. That was really nice.

I have to say that this is the first time that I have ever stuck to an exercise routine. I am very glad that it is becoming a habit…I am really noticing some nice physical benefits and I want to continue. I started the exercise at the same time I started the 5:2 plan…it’s worked for me. In the afternoons, after work, I exercise rather than eat…my old habit was to eat after getting home, now I exercise instead. I am creating a new habit. You’ve been exercising and it is a good habit for you…I agree, you should continue with your exercise.

Safe travels everyone. 🙂

Thank you so much!!

Hello everyone,

Trying AGAIN! I have a goal to lose 10 lbs. by my bday (late June). I’m a working mom living in the midwest (USA).

I had an indulgent Spring Break & need to get on track. I hate the voice in my head that always tries to talk me out of keeping on track. I always convince myself that there’s another way to lose weight (different diet).

Trying for M,Th fasts with exercise on NFDs. I’m a teacher, so it’s pretty hard to keep going when you feel cranky. Any advice would be welcomed!

I had a pretty good FD so far, I was probably closer to 700 calories.

Anyone else fasting today?

I look forward to getting to know who’s currently posting 🙂

Lotta, how are you doing this go around? I am having such a hard time staying on the wagon! How do you fight the temptation to give up? Luckily, I haven’t gained too much weight, but I was super successful and felt so good when I was regularly fasting & at my happy weight.

Monday evening. I am not well today, not a big deal.
    I will be fasting tomorrow
    Good luck to all, thanks for posts

Oh! Floridagirl, glad to hear about your happy, light weekend!
    Good going!

Florida girl – great feedback from family and friends. Wonderful.

Alisa, take it easy.

Break from cookies -welcome.

Good morning from Florida…
    NFD

Stay strong, Alisa…I am sending out positive vibes for you to have a successful fasting day. 🙂

I hope that all is well with you, ratatouille.

Hello! breakfromcookies, If you stay strong and on course…you WILL reach your goal by your Bday!

“If you’re tired of starting over, stop giving up.”

Hello, all!
    thank you, Floridagirl, hope your day was pleasant.
    I did well today. The message from my portion control challenge was about a main mistake people make while loosing weight- they rely on will power, which is limited resource and when it is used, we give up.
    Suggestions to help your will power were:
    Human contact – call/text/meet someone for support ( we do it here), then meditation helps to stay strong, gratitude- thinking about good things in your life…
    i hope something would work for me

Alisa, I agree willpower is a limited resource. We have our challenges and repeatedly draw on it, but sometimes the well is dry. That is to be expected. Hopefully we can get ourselves to a new place where the effort is not so intense.

Yes, empathetic support and an outlet to share our challenges are key. We have to be in the mind space to share and accept. Sometimes I am not always in that mindspace. Need to make that more of a habit and that can be done by coming to this safe space regularly.

Good morning,
    FD#2

I really like those suggestions, thanks for sharing.

breakfromcookies…how are you doing? I hope that you are finding your groove.

I hope that everyone has a nice day.

Good morning,

Thanks for all the encouragement!! I loved the quote Florida, it has stayed with me.

I had a mostly successful fast on Monday. I did give in a little and had a few crackers when I couldn’t fall asleep. I will allow myself to do that, I can’t handle having a sleepless night. I was definitely over 500 cal, probably closer to 700.

I have a little more motivation to adopt the fasting lifestyle. I got my DNA testing results back and I am at a slight risk for developing early Alzheimer disease. This isn’t much of a shock, since I have had grandparents develop it later in life. I believe intermittent fasting is a great way to help fight this.

I’ll look for some more motivational quotes for my fast day tomorrow. I work with very troubled youth, so my willpower is shot by the end of the day. I’ll need some tricks up my sleeve to make it through tomorrow!

-Breakfromcookies

Almost the weekend…and I am excited that I will be having a 3-day weekend! So, today is my “Friday” and I can’t wait to get off work!

I may go shopping tomorrow! … and buy myself something new…a little reward 😉

Stick to your plan…
    “Three months from now, you will thank yourself.”

Hello!
    It is a very hot day today. I am going through my F -day well so far. I feel sleepy though, do not like it.
    Today in the ‘portion control’ message they talked about how often we should step on the scale. My relationship with it is not healthy- the scale makes me upset. For people like me the recommendation was do it monthly. Monthly weight ins hide daily weight fluctuations showing (hopefully) drops in numbers. If one day you are happy with the weight, do it as often as you wish. The number should not negatively affect your mood, it should be just information.
    I am going to my health club tomorrow for InBody test. I took the first test almost a year ago and planned to take it every 3-4 months, look how long i dragged it! The test will show % of fat, where it accumulates, my metabolic rate… will see. I do not feel any different.
    Have a good day to all, have a long light weekend, Floridagirl

Hello, happy weekend! It is a rainy weekend here.
    I had a InBody test on Friday at my health club.
    No weight loss, few pounds of fat were replaced with muscles. The nutritionist offered coaching sessions for weight monitoring. I thanked her and said that I was sick of all the information/plans/coaching. I think my disappointment and frustration came earlier that day – the ‘portion control’ email informed me that weight loss is a stress for the body and your body will fight back with fatigue, felling down, lack of energy – I hate all that and I know it is true. I am not cheerful today

Alisa, I hope that your spirits are up from your last post. Isn’t it amazing how our weight, food consumption and body image impact our outlook? Gosh it can suck up good energy. Alisa, you are not alone.

So true, ratatouille.

Here we are, Monday again…I’m having trouble getting into it this morning. I ate too much yesterday… too many carbs…has left me feeling a little down. I believe that the heavy carb intake is affecting me physiologically and emotionally. I just need to make this a good fasting day, get a good nights sleep and I will be tip-top tomorrow.

I hope that you are feeling better, Alisa.

Florida girl, I hope that you had a good fast day. Take it easy on yourself.

Alisa, hi to you!

Good morning! Just had an awesome jogs class – I felt light, flexible … so enjoyable!
    Now I keep telling myself all that great feeling was because I ate right yesterday! Do you think I would learn?!
    We have rain from Monday till Thursday and I have not been walking after dinner, I miss my music lectures. I listened to them while walking.
    Oh, something new to check out. There is a book ‘bright line eating’ but there are many video logs on YouTube. Susan Pierce Thomson offers her way to overcome binging and lose weight. Let me know your thoughts if you look at it
    Good day, thanks for the kind words last weekend, Florida-girl and ratatouille

I DID have a successful fasting day…thank you…and I did sleep a little better last night…so I am feeling better today.

I am trying to keep myself motivated to do really well this week.
    Next week is weigh-in for the month. 2 months out from my vacation.
    It would be nice to lose another 10 lbs before my vacation. I am needing more motivation…I’ll have to watch some videos this afternoon.

Have a great day.

I have just come back from 2 weeks of frenetic activity and eating/drinking whatever I wanted.

I have gained 1kg. That seems very reasonable! Although, I suspect that will continue to climb for a couple days before that goes back down. Bags of M&Ms are handy airport food but not exactly low-cal.

First fast day in two weeks today. Feels good. I was starting to feel bloated and tired from all the eating and bad food.

I love reading all your updates and I really think it helps keep me on track.

I have 6 weeks before I go to Spain with a bunch of very skinny women. I have a bathing suit one size too small (looks fine other than some sideboobage). Let’s see how this goes 😀

LOL 😀 … love hearing from you SavBlanc!

That is not a bad gain at all! I hope that I do that well on my vacay!
    How did your fasting day go? I hope that it went well…you have a great incentive to stick to this over the next 6 weeks!

I actually miscounted yesterday…I still have 3 months before my vacation. We’re not going ’til August…so I may be able to reach my first goal by then.

FD for me today…I really need a good one!
    Good luck all.

Hi everyone, I’m back too after a totally chocoholic (and alcoholic to some extent) Easter.

I re-weighed myself this morning after my first FD in over a month and my starting weight is 71.8 kg.
    I have set my goal to 63kg to be realistic but I have not set a deadline for it.

I would like to have lost 5kg by August when I go back to see my family. There will be lots of swimming and outdoor stuff to do so would like to feel more eneregised and better in myself.
    I have also started feeling my old knee twinges that were crippelingly painful when I was very overweight. SO another good reason to focus on the weightloss.

I must say I felt sooooo good this morning after my FD. I was cold yesterday an had some pretty weird dreams overnight but that is usual for me.

My main challenge will be to not binge on my Eat days. So far I am doing well today but it’s the afternoons when I fail.

FD again tomorrow – should be a good one but need to rein myself in a little over the weekend. But I’m back in the game and that feels fab!

Take care everyone 🙂
    Lotta x

Nice to hear from you Lotta…your goal for August is totally obtainable. The afternoons and weekends are tough for me also. I need to quit buying the damn chocolate! 😀

I hope that you are having a good fasting day…remember, you can eat whatever it is that you are wanting TOMORROW. Stick with the fast…you know that you are going to feel great in the morning.

Have a great day all.

Good morning!
    I am traveling, enjoying NYC!
    Will be back on Monday. Wishing to all a good weekend

Good morning from Florida!
    Happy Friday! FD

So glad to hear from you, Alisa…I was worried that you had dropped out. I hope that you are having safe and pleasant travels. 🙂

I hope that everyone is having a nice (and productive) week.

Think about your goals for May over the weekend…we want to make May a good month!

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

Hi Floridagirl and Alisa
    Lovely to hear from you. Safe travels Alisa.
    Good idea Floridagirl – will think about my short term goals for May.

Well I did my two days FD’s this week after weeks of no control and I do feel better for it. No change in weight from FD1 to FD2 but that’s fine.
    I almost fell off the wagon last night when I came home from work but I ended up on 600 cal instead of 500 so I’m going to log that as a FD.

Zumba fitness tomorrow with my daughter – I haven’t been for a month so it will be hard work 🙂

Take care all and have a good weekend.
    Lotta x

Hello, all!
    I am on my way back home. The trip was wonderful, we both love NYC (to visit, cannot imagine living there;-) or I maybe envies) we went to jazz club, a classical music concert, a ballet performance, art museums- great!
    I was wise with food, no surprise – I am a secret home overeater.
    Till tomorrow

Good morning.
    It is the start of a new month. So, my goals for May are:
    – 3 meals a day, no snacks
    – portion control
    – no added sugar in food
    I got the portion sizes plan from Bright line eating website and I have my kitchen scale for control
    Yes, floridagirl let’s make this month a happy and light one!
    Lotta, I am sure you enjoyed the Zumba with your daughter- great idea! I have an eat day today, will be fasting tomorrow
    Talk to you soon

Good morning girls.

I sounds like you had an awesome trip, Alisa. I’ve never been to NYC.

Lotta, It sounds like you are getting into the groove of it…good job with the fasting days last week.

May goals:
    -2 FD a week
    -No snacking between meals
    -Exercise 4-5 times a week.

I’ve been getting a little sloppy…with the exercise and the snacking…I need to tighten it up. This week will be good ’till Friday…then we are going out of town for a few day…it’s going to be rough to be good. I’ll have to make sure that I get right back on the program when I get back.

Have a great day, ladies 🙂

Good morning! F-day for me today.
    Yesterday went well- no snacks, just 3 meals. I had a big breakfast though, but I felt good and energetic the whole day and did not think about food.
    Floridagirl, I see we have the same goal for this month – no snacks. I feel that this is very important for me in my struggle with binging. I really want to make it a habit!
    Wishing to all of you a good day…

Hi all
    @alisa it sound like you had a good trip. I love NY as well and haven’t been for a long time.
    FD for me as well – have been slurping down the green tea and fruit infusions.

It’s always a struggle to stay away from the snacking during late afternoon so will have to busy myself when I get home from work.

@floridagirl – great targets, I will try the following
    – 2FD a week – Tuesday and Thursday (with Wednesday as a good day)
    – No alcolhol or snacking on weekdays
    – Long walk Friday and Sunday, Zumba on Saturday

Let’s see how we go in May. I need to up my exercise but work is very busy and I am stuck at my desk for long times of the day. 🙁

Have a good day everyone and take care!
    Lotta x

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 724 total)

You must be logged in to reply.