IGF1 values in Canada?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  NZRusty 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• My husband and I have been involved in the IF for the past 8 weeks (in Canada). He had the IGF1 test before he started the regime. He just got his results back yesterday and they said he was 140. We are not sure what these values mean, they seem to be different from the UK measurement. Does anyone know the Canadian or North American values for the IGF1 test? PS it was $110 dollars.

Think we need international standards on these things. The Australian IGF-1 scale is 4-15 which makes it difficult to make comparisons and sense of scientific documents.

Cheryl57 I think your husband is too high, I’ve seen a scale where acceptable runs from about 20 up to 80.

See if the units of measure are included with the result that you got. In New Zealand it’s microgramms per liter (ug/L) and the acceptable range is 75 to 263. Your result fits into that range. I think you can multiply the result by 0.131 and you get nmol/L, which I think is what the Fast Diet book uses. The test is $55 in New Zealand.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.