I don't really like veg… Any tips on how to cope on fast days???

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Meal plans and meals
I don't really like veg… Any tips on how to cope on fast days???

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Lynnecall 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi All

I seem to be surving my fast days by eating ham, eggs, bananas and other whole foods… Any other suggestions on what to eat which is filing but not veg-heavy?

Any good (low cal) soups maybe?

Help?!

Thanks 🙂

Hi, it helps me to take some veggie broth, just the powder in water, it gives the feeling of eating a warm meal. I also tried beans and they are very satisfying in a small amount!

I also am not a big fan of veg well what i call cooked veg for i like salad and peppers and onions things like that but hate all the rest. But i have found that veg soup is yummy the veg is soft and the tastiness of the broth means i cant raste the veg anyway. Also i havnt eaten veg like carrots or brocolli since i was a small kid so i am going to give them all a go my tastebuds might have changed since then. Also on fast days your prob so hungry anything tastes good.

I’m like a 3-year old when it comes to vegetables – NO, No, NO!!! LOL! However… I have found that on my fast days there is nothing like a huge, gut busting salad to keep me going. I’m good on fast days at work, I just take a prepared frozen lean-cuisine type meal for lunch, and I’m normally busy enough that I’m too distracted to get hungry. But if I’m fasting and I’m home, I’m more aware of being hungry. So on those days the overkill-sized salad does the trick for me. I get to feel smug about getting some veggies in my system, it keeps me really full.

Other than that I quite happily live life without many veggies at all. I tend toward low carb anyway, stick to protein/fat sources.

Do you have a sweet tooth? If you slow roast veggies like Sweet Potato (kumura), Red Peppers, Onions, Courgette, Aubergine.. slow temp, first 20 mins covered with foil, and then take out when starting to char… the veggies are sweet and succulent. Perhaps try experiment with veggies on your non fast days with sauces and oils…

l made a veg stew with loads of veg and salad bits, with water and an oxo cube and drank that. Warm and filling and had fruit for lunch.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.