Hunger on the various approaches

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  russianbluecat 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hello,

This may have been addressed somewhere, but allow me to repeat the question just in case. From my reading, it seems that those who fast for several days report that the hunger waves subside after a few days. I have been doing the 16:8 hour diet, cutting out dinner. Do hunger waves subside on this diet? After doing this for two weeks, I still have difficult hunger urges. Maybe because you are still eating, the hunger urges won’t subside. I have tried cutting out breakfast instead, which was easier, but there was little weight loss too. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Louie,

You need to create a calorie deficit of over 3,500 calories in order to lose 1lb so following 16:8 is a tough way to approach weight loss as it’ll be very slow.
    It is a great way to ensure that you aren’t over eating but if you are serious about losing weight you need to do a couple of 500-600 calorie fasts every week.

A very simplified answer to your question regarding hunger pangs is if someone fasts completely ie no food for several days the body will switch to burning fat as a primary source of energy once glycogen stores are depleted. Once it is doing this it no longer needs to remind you to eat so hunger pangs do not occur.
    They are not harmful and in reality no more than an irritation that needs to be controlled. A glass of water and/or a hot drink and some form of distraction be it reading, going for a walk, cleaning the car needs to be employed. They aren’t constant but come and go and can be managed with some determination.

I use water to stave off hunger if necessary

I found that the fast days were okay – but then the not fast are just always hungry so I really don’t think fast works for me. Normally I’m not even that hungry and only have one meal anyway.

I prefer to stick to a lower than what I need calorie amount every day than fast. Then I’m never hungry. Who cares if weight loss is slower.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.