HPV

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TracyJ 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• HI Everyone

I recently went for a smear test and had a positive HPV result. My immune system should hopefully clear this by my next test, but the fast diet encourages stress into the system and stress can affect your immune system. Do you think it is wise for me to do the 5:2 diet?
    p.s is there any way we can contact any doctors on the 5:2 via this site?

xx

Hi jg123, Sorry you’re having to deal with this & I hope it’s all clear on your next test. I don’t know if there are any doctors lurking about at the moment but hopefully one of them will give you the benefit of a slightly more knowledgable opinion.

From my own experience over the past year+ on 5:2, I think it has a fantastic effect on my immune system. My colleagues drop like flies around me at work whenever the weather changes and I work in a horrible (bug friendly) environment but hand-on-heart I have not had one day of real illness since starting on 5:2. 1 major headache on a fastday early on and a couple of days where I could tell I was a bit run down and probably fighting something off but other than that…. nothing.

I do do a full 16 hour+ (total) fast pretty much every day now, so the IGF-1 repairative effect may have something to do with my particular case. I don’t know if those having 2 meals, or less than 16 hours of ‘total fasting’ during their 24 or 36 hour fasting days have the same experience? Hopefully someone else can give you their perspective from one of the other fasting types.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.