How often to get on scale?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  FlemishCurves 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi! How often is everyone weighing themselves? I weigh almost every day and I know that can’t be good…

If you weigh each day, note that weight fluctuates over the week and the month. I would consider your true weight to be the weekly average, not the daily weight.

I have done once a week and once a day. With daily weighing, I got discouraged when noticing the daily fluctuations, but now realize that weight loss is not linear. The 7 day average is helpful. I like the weekly weigh-ins as well.

I measure various parts of my body once a month. The inches lost is encouraging.

I also notice how my clothes fit.

I weigh myself every day so that I can see as soon as things start to go the wrong direction. I have been doing this for the last 15 years and it has helped me.

I weigh myself every day (before I shower because I’m aready naked and standing next to the scales). In the beginning of this WOL I put a lot of importance on the weight (even though I knew it shouldn’t) and it demotivated me quite a bit. Now I barely even notice I do it and I only log it when I hit a new low point (which emotionally is a high point obviously 🙂 )

So I remain unmoved when it’s not the lowest I’ve ever been, but I celebrate when it’s a new low. I’ve realised my weight loss is directly linked to my birth control so I don’t sweat it the other weeks. I know I’m on a downward trend and that’s what matters.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.