Hotel living..

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Flybynight200000 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi, I’m staying in a Hotel for the next month for work, Monday to Friday. I think dinner is easily sorted by having steamed Chicken and steamed veg without all the dressings.

But what about breakfast? They offer all the usual fayre of a decent price hotel from cereals to the full English, porridge and various fruits.

Anyone got any tips for a breakfast that will fit around the “New 5:2?”

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

On the road, I’ll have 2 boiled eggs for breakfast if I have one on a fast day. Keeps me full for the day.

Hi,

Boiled or poached eggs are a great and filling option.
    Ask how they cook the tomatoes and mushrooms. If they aren’t fried you can have a decent helping. A small helping of baked beans would be OK too as they are a healthy option despite containing a small amount of sugar.

You could also ask how the porage is made. If they use water then it is a great option with a splash of milk and a some fresh fruit.

I go with plain oatmeal sweetened with sliced fruit. If the peanut butter is real I would add that too. When I’ve been in China I actually had salad (large to very large) and maybe some water melon juice for breakfast. Don’t know why there was a salad bar at breakfast but it was good.

If I’m fasting it is water, coffee and/or tea. (No sugar, no cream)

Thanks for the replies everyone. Looks like it could be Eggs as a way forward, looks convenient and easy enough.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.