Hit my weight target!! Into maintenance mode

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Personal stories
Hit my weight target!! Into maintenance mode

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  london2012 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Almost to the day, one year ago I was 92kg (202lbs). I set myself a self imposed target to get back down to my pre married weight of 74kg (163lbs). Well I hit that mark yesterday during my weigh in. Hmmm now what? Maintenance mode almost seems anticlimactic. I suppose I will have to set myself some bike riding goals. That has ramped up but Im nowhere near as fit as I was when I was in my 20s. I had some cake today for someone’s birthday. Felt sick, I really cant handle sugar anymore. 5:2 works if you give it a genuine go.

Congratulations on your success with IF, bigbooty! I’m also thinking about how to handle the maintenance mode, it may be more challenging than the weight-loss. For myself I decided that I will reach 2kg lower than my ideal weight to give myself some wriggle room, what with feast days and hormonal issues I expect my weight to fluctuate 1-2 kg and I don’t want to get upset every time the scale shows higher than my ideal weight. I don’t know if it makes sense, but that’s how I feel right now, haven’t yet reached my ideal weight yet.

Hope its been going well for you. I hit two plateaus, one at 84kg and one at 78kg where I went almost a month and nothing shifted. In general I found that I would put on 1kg for the week and then lose 2kg on my two fast days. So a 6:1 should be perfect (I hope). If I can ask how many more kgs/lbs to go?

Bigbooty, I have about 5kg to go, but I’ve only just started on 5:2 two weeks ago. 5:2 seems not that effective for me, so I switched to 4:3, let’s see how it goes. I put on weight on feed days the same way as you do, it’s a bit frustrating. Fast days still a bit of a struggle for me, especially towards the evening (I’m an evening binger), but overall I’m enjoying the intermittent fasting, I’m feeling healthier than before.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.