Help, not losing weight :/

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Help, not losing weight :/

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Kirsten70 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Hello! im a girl who weigh about 187 lbs/85 kgs and I am 5’2/158 cm tall. Haha I know I am short. I want to lose about 40 Pounds/20 kgs. I have done the fast diet for 3 or 4 weeks now. I haven’t really lost anything, only 1 Kgs. I have done Everything else right with the diet,I even exercise three times in the gym per week. How long does it take until you see result? btw I eat around 1700 calories on my non-fast Days, which I got that I need to eat in order to lose weight every week, from a calorie calculator. So why am I not seeing any result? Anyone who been in my Place but after lost weight after all?

Hi Best and welcome:

First, the diet is working because you are losing weight.

Losing 2 pounds in 3 weeks is about average. The average weight loss on 5:2 is about a pound a week. You are short and have a below average TDEE, so you will probably lose more slowly.

Here are some tips that might explain more: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi, it’s does take time before you start to see the results you want with any health plan. They say it takes about 6-8 weeks for you to start noticing a difference, and 12 weeks for others to notice. How are your clothes fitting? Do they feel looser? Please don’t get frustrated. You are doing so well to have lost 1kg already!!

I’m in the same boat, Bestninniever. I’m the same weight as you, but a little taller and so far, at the end of week 3 I haven’t lost anything according to the scales. I feel a tiny bit lighter in my clothes, but no movement on the scales.

Hey girls, please remember that muscle weighs more than fat. The chances are you are losing weight but the reason its not showing on the scales is because you have gained some muscle. Its all about measurements, as long as you are losing cms/inches then that’s what matters at the moment. Make sure you measure yourselves accurately to see if your losing weight. If not, then mayeb cut down the calorie intake. I only have 1200 a day on my normal days. Maybe try 1500 for now.

Since the first of January I have lost 2Ibs. Not a lot but something and my clothes are already starting to fit little better. I do pole dancing 3 hours a week and my calorie intake is 1200 a day and obviously the 2 fasting days (which bloody kill me lol). Keep it up think ahead, how will you be by April. That’s what motivates me. Good luck to us all 😀 xx

Hi Best & Nessa,

If you want to boost the speed of your weight loss then you can try doing 3 days of fasting a week or alternate day fasting. But otherwise remember this is the tortoise effect – slow and steady winning the race, change for life and all that rather than a crash diet. If you can stick with it then it will work.

Good luck!

A lb of fat and a lb of muscle= 1 lb

Just as a ton of feathers weighs exactly the same as a ton of nails= 1 ton

The difference is that muscle is more dense and so takes up less room under the skin. If you increase the muscle that you have, by taking more exercise, then more fat will be burned by the presence of more muscle.

BUT muscle will sculpt the body shape, whereas fat….just sits there.

To increase weight loss, walk more. Get a pedometer and clock up more than 10,000 steps each and every day as a minimum.

40 pounds at a rate of even 2 pounds a week will take about 1/2 a YEAR to achieve. I say that for perspective, not to discourage. I keep reminding myself I didn’t GAIN this weight in a couple weeks, it’s foolish to expect I’ll take it off quickly, that it will all just melt away somehow.

Exactly Smith2015. I also have a series on mini-goals on the go at any one time. For example, I hope to lose a lb this week and 6 lb in 6 weeks(which is half term) I worked out that there is approx 6 months until the summer holidays which is very roughly 24 weeks.That is a lot of lbs/inches…….

I wish I’d read these posts about 15 minutes ago. I just posted about it too – fasting day 1 dropped 100 g; fasting day 2 GAINED 200 g; fasting day 3 no change. Total drop in 9 days of 300 g (less than a pound).

I am relieved to see that I am not the only one. Maybe it is because my husband dropped 2 kg (4 1/2 lbs) in the 2 weeks he was doing before he went on a trip.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.