HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

This topic contains 7,289 replies, has 660 voices, and was last updated by  Opal Shine 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,351 through 4,400 (of 7,330 total)

• Hi there,
    I’m now below my target. The weight keeps coming off. I do 2 fast days monday and Thursday’s @ 500 cals. Then the rest of the week I keep to a maximum if 2000. Less if I’m not hungry.
    I’m 51. Five foot 11inches and a british size 14 now. I’m told I look more like a 12 because of my height and lack of fat cover.
    My problem is now how to maintain at 12 stone . If I go less people say I look ill. Is it best to up the calories on a fast day. To 1000, Or just do one fast day. The diet really works. Stick with it .

Hi,

I’m a newbie to the fasting diet – I’m 57 years old and have been expanding – really for the last 30 years but at something around 6 stones over what the books suggest I should be and with 60 fast approaching I need to do something for my health and self-esteem. Since my late 40s I’ve turned from a pear to an apple and have had real trouble losing from my waistline when I have tried to diet. After 6 weeks I’m beginning to fit my clothes and the weight is coming off my middle!

Weight-loss is a major driver for me but I don’t see the 5:2 as a diet which will at some point just stop – for me it is a necessary lifestyle change and I will ultimately move to the 6:1 maintenance plan as and when I reach my goal.

Hi ginette good to hear from you, I am sure exercise will help, have you thought about yoga? It is very good for toning up and stress relief I know it has helped me in the past.
    I am one of those people who like to see things in front of me so I like to chart all my food and count calories, it drives hubby mad at times with me weighing and measuring but it works for me! Isn’t it great we all do different variation on this and it still seems to work!

Welcome gail15 we are the same age, I like to say I was fit at 40, fat at 50 but I want to be slim at 60! Keep up the good work and good luck!

Welcome to fasting Gail. I am sure this will work for you as it has worked for so many others. Some lose it faster some a little slower, but they all lose if they stick to it.

For you, as for me the journey is longer as we both have a good amount of weight to lose. If the days seems difficult at first there is always tomorrow when you can eat what you want (within reason).

Best of luck, you will get a lot of support here.

Ginette

Hi Audrey

Thanks for the advice. I shall start exercising at home first but I might try that later. I have a Wii and a really good exercise CD, Exerbeat that I lost weight on last time I did it and I wasn’t even following an eating plan. Sadly I also used to play tennis on the Wii but was so over enthusiastic that I badly sprained my knee and still have a weakness there.

I also found that I could be in the same room as a box of Qualty street (where I worked) and not in fancy one. This to me was quite unbelievable. Exercise changes your mind in ways that I can’t understand as well as leading to many other benefits. Strange that! Perhaps someone here can help detail the changes and why.

I might try Yoga later. I used to enjoy swimming and can get paid sessions from my doctor. I’m too overweight for that at the moment. If I jumped in all the water would jump out at the moment!

I will go when I have lost a few stone.

Ginette

Hello all you incredibly inspiring women. I started my first fasting day yesterday and true to form, for me, I was not entirely successful. I managed to keep my caloric intake to 650. My wonderful and supportive sister DJ757575 told me that this was quite acceptable for a first day. I hope she’s right. Today so far, I’ve been able to eat far less than I normally would. My TDEE is 1935 and I’ve not even come close to that. A few details are called for here- I’m 66 years old, 5′ 3” and currently weigh 240 lbs. This is by far the most I have weighed in my life. Over the years I’ve tried countless diets and have lost many many lbs only to gain them back the minute I stop. My health has suffered, especially lately and if the truth be known, I’m practically an invalid. Waiting for surgery to replace blocked veins in both my legs has ground my exercise capabilities to a full stop. I’m not telling you this to make excuses, but simply to let you know how very far and long a journey I have ahead of me. I hope to keep you informed of my successes but also my potential and inevitable bumps along the road. I wish you all every good thing that you deserve and keep up the good work, because you all are my inspiration.

Well done Fran

You will get there. Plan the next fast day ahead. Make soup as that is filling. I make mushroom soup as it is very low calorie and then count in any milk you have in drinks.

I always wait to eat until as late as possible missing breakfast and lunch as it triggers my appetite.

You will get there. I have list 11lb in 9 weeks without exercise. I am really strict on the fast days as I know the following day I can eat. I find it best to eat with only one day between fast days so Mon and Weds as then it is over for the week. You will probably find yourself eating less and also eating more healthily.

Good luck

Ginette

Hi Ginette,
    Thank-you so much for your excellent advice. I have a great recipe for diet veggie soup courtesy of ” weight watchers”, one of my many failed dieting attempts. I will definitely prepare some for my next fasting day on Thursday. I also think your idea of waiting until later in the day to eat is the way to go. I’m encouraged by your 11 lb loss, and how great for you!!!! Again Ginette, thank-you. It’s wonderful knowing there’s others out there feeling the same as me. Best of luck in your continued success.
    franee2 ( Fran ) xx

Hi fran welcome to the forum I am sure you will get there in the end I find it easier to make little targets rather than look at the end figure aiming for little amounts and reaching your target gives you the boost you need to carry on!

Like ginnette I too make soups pea and ham, and chunky vegetable are my favourites and I try not to eat on fast days until I need to. I am on a fast day today if I get to hungry at lunch time I have an oxo cube or bovril or sometimes if I am craving sweet I have a sugar free vimto both of which have very little calories.

Stick with it and keep in touch we all need support and it’s good to know we are not alone on this journey.

Audrey

Hi Fran

I am sure that many people on this sit are all trying this diet because of many failed dieting tries over the years. I have always found it difficult to lose weight after initial couple of weeks and it has made me despondent. Not this diet small but regular losses so far.

There are so many stories in this site that are inspiring. Men seem to lose quicker but that is the same on all diets.

I like Audrey set myself small targets mine is half a stone a time. I also enjoy the routine of it. I always keep a record of weekly weight loss on My Fitness Pal. I have gone a week without any weight loss and just carried on. The next week I lost weight.

What are your fast days going to be?

My meals are quite simple on these days. Some kind of soup. Fish in sauce 105 calories (shop bought) frozen vegetables mixed and weighed. If I have some calories left sugar free jelly and half a yogurt to finish off. Also about 5 cups of tea with skimmed milk all counted. So 100 calories allowed for that. I also use a larger than normal cup.

I like the fish in sauce as it makes that vegetables tasty.

Maybe other people have some some easy meal ideas. I don’t spend too long in the kitchen as I want to avoid being tempted.

My target is 1lb a week but I am very happy if I lose an extra 1lb during the month. More weight loss to me is a bonus. Low target avoids disappointment!

Ginette

Hi ginette k,

I too have a wii, my exercise of choice is the my fitness coach cardio workout which is boxing! A very strange choice for a lady of my age but I love it, I am really missing it since the leg op I am off to get my results on mole tomorrow and will ask the surgeon when I can resume she did say 3 to 4 months before starting exercising again but surely it can’t put that much strain on my leg it’s my arms I am swinging about hehe

Hi Audrey

I don’t think the cardio boxing would be a problem. I love boxing too so my try this one out. Maybe it’s the standing that might be a problem best to ask your doctor anyway. When I sprained my knee I played table tennis sitting on a computer chair.

It was a less energetic exercise but at least I was doing something. I found it so restricting. I have to be careful what I do as it can become painful again if I overdo things.

Nice to keep in touch.

Ginette

Good morning all,
    I’ve decided that fasting days will be Tuesday and Thursday, so today is my second fasting day. I’ve prepared a veggie soup consisting of chicken broth (not exactly veggie but low in calories ), leeks, carrots, onion, zucchini, and anything else I found lurking in the fridge. I added a tablespoon of tomatoe paste to the broth to add some extra flavour along with a bit of pepper and I’m set for the day’s challenge. I’m not a big water drinker, but I’m trying to down at least 32 ozs plus various other cold and hot beverages.
    Audrey, that’s a super idea to set small goals, maybe for me it will be 10 lb increments. Sadly I still am well aware that I’ve got 10 of those to go. Oh well, I’m just thrilled at this point to have everyone’s support and for sure I’ll be cheering you all on as well.
    Have a wonderful day !!!!

Fran xx

Well done Fran

Let us know how this day goes for you and remember if you fancy something, you only need to wait antil tomorrow. When tomorrow comes you may not want it any more. I am sure that It is only the fact that you are on a restricted day that makes you want something you can’t have.

Good luck and be strong. You are in charge of the food, don’t let it try and tempt you……

Ginette

Good for you fran, I am having a fast day here as well, I have managed to get through till now 1500 hrs here with just a sugar free vimto! Am looking forward to my evening meal pea and ham soup followed by a cereal bar 68 Calories! I have drank 7 glasses of water so far to keep me well hydrated!
    Keep saying to yourself it’s only one day we can both eat tomorrow….Good luck
    Audrey

Hi BooBoo,

Firstly, well done sticking at it even though your weight loss isn’t what you hoped for. At the end of the day the scales are still going down and you will see health benifits even from just losing 10% of your body weight.

I’ve looked into my diet, I am 48 and a carb junkie! There is scientific proof out there that a lot of menopausal women just can’t eat a lot of carbs. Please have a google on this subject, it’s due to the changes in hormones. I have two sisters both older, both going through menopause finding the same thing. One is diabetic so sadly can’t fast with me and my other sister. From all I have read, and throwing out all the rubbish that food manufacturers pay to put out there, sadly some of us can’t eat what we want to on none fast days. That’s not to say we can’t still enjoy things when you want too.

I am still making better food choices, cutting carbs right down, in fact I often only have carbs for my main meal. Carbs are a treat for me. I have sweet potatoe instead of regular potatoes, they are less carbs and calories and I love them. They are great mashed, baked-eat the skins, baked as fries-tossing in a bit of oil. The other major change for me is Sugar…. In my body sugar = fat. Again, scientific fact out there that sugar will turn to fat unless you do hours and hours of exercise. My diet is moderate protien, moderate fat, low carb, and as little sugar as possible. Ive ditched every single ‘low fat’ product out there! I use real butter, but I don’t eat that much bread so it’s in moderation. Low fat yoghurt = way too much sugar. I eat full fat natural greek yoghurt. You don’t need that much as its dense, lovely with fresh fruit. I have cream in my coffee, though don’t drink coffee daily. On Saturdays though I do let my hair down, I go out for breakfast, I do eat sausage and bacon grilled, fat cut off, (not the best meats but even Michael will say it’s gone in moderation) poached eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, no toast, no hash browns, coffee with cream! For dinner I choose what I fancy! I have a bottle, (yes a whole one just for me lol) of Prosecco (the dreaded sugar) but no dessert. Only because I don’t like sweet foods with alcohol. I have lost 9lbs in 3 weeks and 1 fast day. I like fasting, for me It has made me feel in control. I fast from 8pm/8pm. Too extreme for some but I prefer to have one good meal. If I eat a small breakfast I start obsessing about what’s next. I drink one or 2 miso soups (comes as a paste, add boiling water, 18 calories). It sustains me along with a bottle and a half of soda water throughout the day. I have switched to this because I find water boring lol, but drinking keeps my mind and hands busy. Sadly your brain doesn’t see water as good though. I also don’t want the extra sugar spike that I get from squash (juice).

I am not saying my approach will work for you but I know a few Doctors and a lot of Nurses who have told me about carbs in women of a certain age. My diet is only 20% carbs and it’s made a big difference. I’m also a lot less bloated. I found a lovely Low GI Bread (ask in you local bakery) diabetics tend to use these, it’s lovely but it doesn’t leave me craving more. I could live off carbs, crumpets, bread, cereals, tea cakes etc etc. I didn’t eat a lot of food in an average day but I ate a lot of sugar, refined flour and empty carbs. It’s my belief that’s why I just kept growing. My everyday mantra: Low carb, higher fat, not high carb low fat!

Hope it helps, and apologies if I repeated what others said as I didn’t read through them all.

Good luck, let’s hope we can all find this a normal everyday thing for us to do two days a week rather than killing ourselves on ‘diets’ that don’t work. I have a friend who lost 2 stone fasting and is keeping it off…

Sent from my iPad

Speedy!!!

Read up on emotional eating. Read the differences between real hunger and emotional hunger which comes on all at once and you feel starving and want something naughty to fill you to the brim. You can’t stop thinking about what goodies are in the frigde and the cupboard and it takes over your mind til you give in to high calorie, high sugar and fat foods. Then you feel really bad for caving. The food literally pushes your feelings down. Real hunger comes on slowly and ANY food will suffice.

Full sugar drinks, sweets, biscuits and cakes and chocolate are simply addictive! But you can break the habit. I found it takes 7/10 days. Try replacing the full sugar drinks with diet drinks to start, but cutting out caffeine if you drink a lot of it can give you withdrawel symptoms so again, read up on that. Change your chocolate to dark high coco %, it’s less chemicals, sugars and less of it makes you feel satiated.

I’m also obese and worried about diabeties which my father and sister have. My other sister is a nurse and has said I will get better results from my bloods next week because I have been fasting and it’s only my 4th week. Don’t put off getting your bloods done if your GP tells you to do them, 3 months a very long time to not have treatment if you need it.

Nice to see your Doctor has advised a Low Carb eating plan.

Hi everyone,
    Well I’ve managed to complete my second fasting day and was not terribly successful. At this stage of the game I thought I’d just breeze through it, but noooooo. After a super day of noshing on veggie soup, when night time arrived I sadly gave in to an overpowering craving for cheese and crackers and proceeded to devour 10 triscuts topped with hunks of yummy cheese. I’m trying to make light of this but I feel absolutely terrible. I’m so annoyed I could scream. What is my problem?
    Audrey- how was your fasting day today? I hope it was more successful than mine.
    Ginette- I’m afraid I did let the food tempt me.
    In the long run, I guess eatting some cheese and crackers isn’t the end of my 5/2 story, and tomorrow is another day. So having said that, I wish you all goodnight and let’s carry on the good fight in the morning.
    Peace and happiness to you all.

audreyg hmmm pea and ham soup, one of my favourites. We made a trip to Iceland last week (yes, we have Iceland in Spain) so I’ve got the marrowfat peas, just not got the weather. It’s forecast 24 degrees today, not really pea and ham soup weather.

Jayegirl your way of eating is very similar to mine. We have given away so much stuff to our neighbours, I felt guilty giving them sugary food, it feels like I am poisoning them, but they eat all that anyway. With you 100% on eating full fat everything. Greek yogurt is so versatile, it makes a lovely dip. One crushed garlic clove, grated cucumber, mix with a small carton of yogurt, delicious and very refreshing. I haven’t tried miso soup yet and I haven’t managed to find the equivalent of soda water. But I have found fresh ginger!! Pour boiling water on a small chunk, for yummy ginger tea.

Franee2 don’t be hard on yourself, we all have good and bad days. We are only human afterall. I hope it was full fat delicious cheese, nothing wrong with that. And here we are. A new day.

Happy fasting everyone

Hi fran
    don’t be too hard on yourself it takes time to adapt and we all succumb to temptation at times. This is new to you, just don’t give in!

When is your next fast day? Concentrate on that.

Well I have an exciting day at the hospital today, so I am going to have a lovely cooked breakfast before I go.

Good luck to all you fasting ladies today.

audreyg hope it went well at the hospital.

We had our first day of the year on the beach today, which involved a lot of trying on, and throwing away of cossies. I just about managed to find a bikini top and bottom that fitted, not matching but that doesn’t matter. I need to hit the shops.

How is everyone else doing?

Hi applepie (I love that name). You made me very jealous sitting on beach while its wet n windy here hope you had a good day.

It didn’t go that well at the hospital they need to do more tests as the results were inconclusive but they did remove the itchy stitches. I came home and headed straight for the fridge but my hubby stopped me and reminded me that I have lost almost a stone and don’t want to put it all back on so I have been good so far but am struggling food is my friend when I am upset or worried!

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Audrey

Hi Fran

As Audrey says don’t give yourself too hard a time, and whatever you do don’t give up trying. It is all in the mind. Lock those cheese and biscuits away next time. I am really looking forward to your first successful day. Don’t be disheartened, once you get the first one under your belt you will feel better.

You need to plan even your treats. I always have a sugar free jelly and half a yoghurt on hand. I do build that allowance in though.

You will get there and hopefully you may have lost something.

Ginette

Hi Ginette
    All is well. I didn’t have to lock the cheese and crackers away because some old lady who shall remain nameless, had conveniently polished them all off the night before.

Oops, for some reason the balance of my post got lost in cyberspace. What I continued to say was that today was a vast improvement over yesterday. In fact it was exceptional. Lots of veggies and fruit and absolutely no cheese and crackers. I’m thinking that it might all work this time and Ginette you’re right, I feel terrific. I hope everyone had a good day and tomorrow is even better. All the best

Fran

Thought I would post this as I am off to my mums for a few days and will be off line!
    fran well done I am absolutely thrilled that you managed yesterday and what’s more did so something I could not do and that is 2 days of fasting back to back enjoy your food today you have earned it!
    My husband got on the scales today so I jumped on after him and am very pleased to announce I have lost ONE STONE since January.
    Applepie and ginnette thanks for all your support it has been much appreciated I will be back in touch week on Monday and will enjoy catching up with you all again then. I don’t think I could have managed to do so well without all of you.

Audrey

Hi Fran

Well done. Award yourself a gold star! You will find that your eating habits start changing on non fast days. I love cheese but have to restrict it. I don’t even have it every week now. I think of it as a treat. I too can enjoy it too much and too often. Also chocolate but I haven’t had chocolate in over a week now unheard of. Not even through trying. Just through eating habits changing.

Now eat normally next week. You may even find yourself looking forward to a fast day. This forum is a great help to encourage and give support to us. I find it is good to be keeping us on track. I was cut an enormous piece of fruit cake yesterday at my stepmothers house and had to tell her that she I couldn’t eat it. She ate both. Luckily she needs to put on weight.

Now relax and start again next week. I do Monday’s and Wedsnesdays to get the fasts out of the way. Then I do a light day on Friday although not a fasting day. The rest of the time I eat what I want within reason. If I want treats I have them.

Let us know if you feel your eating habits change.

Ginette

Hi Audrey

Good luck at your Mums they can enjoy feeding us up……even though it is obvious that we don’t need it. We also like treating our them. Enjoy your Mum as I really miss mine. Today it is 14 years since she died.

I hope you have a lovely time and we will hear from you when you get back.

Ginette

Hello Bev51
    And thank you for being an inspiration.
    I’m the same age, height and ‘hormonal stage’ as you and currently the ‘size’ that you were at the beginnning of the year. And you’ve lost weight so quickly! I’m week 2 in and although last week I lost 5 lbs, I tested the system to see if I really could eat/drink whatever I liked on the non-fast days. Obviously not!
    So back to it, and being more careful – maybe add a few 3/4 weeks at the times of the month when my energy levels are up to it.
    Whilst I sympathise with your not wanting to look gaunt problem, it’s one I dream of.
    So if all goes well, I’ll check your postings in a couple of months to see how to managed that.
    Well done and thanks

Good day ladies, I’m thrilled to report that I had another successful day yesterday. A regular day, and for the most part, eatting only good stuff not junk ! And, way to go Audrey !! That’s awesome !! 14 lbs since January has got to be more than average. Now for sure you’re my inspiration ! I guess I’ll find out how I’ve done so far when I have my first weigh-in on Monday morning. I know one thing for sure, I won’t be having cheese in my house for a long, long time. Also, no bread, cookies, chips ( crisps ) or anything else that I’m used to consuming in humongous quantities. I wanted to tell you Ginette, that you have a way of making me feel comforted and encouraged, so thank -you so much. My sister told me that the forums were probably the number one way to succeed with the 5/2 diet, and now I know that she’s 100% right. Have a great weekend everyone.
    Fran

Fantastic Fran

I can’t wait until you get on those scales. I have weeks when I don’t lose anything and although for a few seconds I feel disappointed I then know that it will even out at some point. If I look back over the month and I have lost that is what counts. The best thing is that you carry on and long term you will gain confidence in yourself, lose weight and get healthier. What could be better. Other diets have a way of giving you a quick fix and long term not sustaining the weight loss, then you feel despondent and put on more weight. A lot of us have had this experience.

At the very LEAST we are not gaining weight but it will help us to remain healthy and may reverse some of the negative things. I am going through a very stressful situation and this will continue for anther couple of years. I am trying to get my body and mind in better condition to deal with it.

I only buy cheese once in a while. I am still tempted by it and the next time I shall cut a block of cheese up and freeze it is small chunks. Cheddar freezes really well.

I only occasionally but things that I think of as treats. There was an offer on chocolate chip cookies, I hadn’t had these in years and they were three for a £1. I ate all three in a week….more like three for a 1lb I think!!

We all have weaknesses, we have just to find ways of dealing with them and avoiding the pitfalls.

Keep up the good work. Remember when you suceed and add it to the forum you always help someone. Your sister is right we an all help one another.

Ginette

I have a lot of weight to lose and it is going to be a long road. It would be interesting to hear from others who have a few stone to lose.

I hope to lose about three stone a year and at that rate it will take me two and a half years approximately.

I only think about it in half stones otherwise it seems too much.

Any one else with a lot of weight to lose?

11lb since the second week of January isn’t a bad start but it’s such a long way to go…..

Ginette

Ginette, well done. Look on the internet at what 5 lb of fat looks like in comparison to 5 lb of muscle(which is much more dense) and then celebrate what you have achieved to date.Also pick up 11 lb in food and carry it around for a while,to feel what you are no longer lugging around all the time.

Just 3 lb to go and then that is the first stone done.The average weight loss is one lb/week.

Hi Annette

Thank you for your encouragement. I like that fact that it gives me control over my life. I also enjoy the days that I can eat normally although mindful of the fact that I can have a treat I don’t go too mad. I don’t count calories apart from my fast days, but I always have a rough idea of things that I am eating.

I started putting on weight when my mother became very ill and had to move in with me. She lived with me for the last few years of her life. I made sure that in between working I gave her as much time as possible and started to spend a lot of time sitting down with her. I don’t reget the time spent, but I put on just over six stone in this time.

Now it is time to lose it. Lower my blood pressure which has been high for the last three years even with medication and get healthier.

I hope to do as well as some of the other people on this forum. I appreciate the support.

Ginette

Hi Ladies,

Lovely to hear you are all doing so well. Who was it ate the cheese? Glad you picked yourself back up and carried on. We can’t give up just because it can be hard. Plan your meals in advance and any fruits etc you might want. I find this is what keeps me on track on fast days. I know to the last calorie what I am eating. I’m in England and I tend to have those tear bags or pots from ASDA. They say put in the microwave but I always dry fry them. Sometimes scouting out the onions and peppers out first and then adding the meat then the rest of the food and bulk it up with veggies. I like them because they are filling, fresh-ish and I know exactly what the calorie count is.

Applepie, soda water is very similar to sparkling water, to me it’s a bit more fizzy and I just like it more.

Who got into a BIKINI!!!! Wow, and well done!!!

Is the site broken? Half my posting is missing too 🙁

Genette i wrote lots to you but it didn’t post.

I have lots to lose too, stones and stones. Im taking it half a stone at a time too. Keep up the good work, if you stumble, just get back up and carry on.

Hi Jayegirl

Well seems like we need to encourage each other. It is so easy to be tempted. I don’t have many things I shouldn’t eat in the house as l would be tempted late at night. If there not there I can’t eat them. Today (not a fast day) I had a muller chocolate orange dessert. This was one I froze earlier, I tend to do that so it lasts longer when I eat it.

Do you do any exercise to lose weight?

Ginette

How I wish the tracker on this site let you imput in stones and lbs. I would use it then.

I wish they had a fast diet app as well. I know there is the beach diet one, maybe they are missing a trick here.

Maybe in the future.

Ginette

Hi Ginette & Co

Ginette I’m assuming you’re in England like me. Google or just tap in Metric-conversions.org. I have saved that page to my iPhone and tap in my weight, convert it and then add it in pounds on my tracker

This is rubbish… Sorry Genette, none of my messages are posting. I wrote 5 times the length of the actual posting. It’s so frustrating!!!

ADMIN PLEASE FIX THE SITE

Hi Jayegirl

Yes I am in the south of England. Which part of England are you in?

Tracker

I have a conversion chart but I was trying to enter the 9 weeks that I have been on the diet and after the first 4 weeks gave up as it was too lengthy. I know from the newsletter that they are collecting statistics from people on the diet and thought a lot more people would do it if more user friendly. Also it would be great to have a fast diet app linked to the site. I know there is a fast beach diet app and a fast exercise app.

Have a real fancy for carbs at the moment. Got to get back to my Wii Exercise. I did really well on the at a few minutes a time to start with and then built up to about 20 minutes at a time.

Ginette

Hi Audrey

I have found the missing Wii exercise tape so will be tarting back on that next week. I also have found that I have the cardio boxing but have never used it. I started that yesterday. A bit of a slow start as it goes through learning stages. I had boxing in another exercise tape as well. I can’t remember which one now.

I hope you are enjoying your Mums.

Ginette

Hi JayeGirl

If you are putting Emoji’s in your post, I think the text is cut off at the first Emoji. Well I think that is what happened to me anyway!

SukeyA

Glad to find this thread. Getting back to IF after some success a few years back-life intervened and I strayed. Have been doing LCHF for 3 months, lost 10 pounds and have been plateaued for over a month. I’m 57, have 15 more pounds to lose. Live in US. In addition to the weight loss I’m after the physiological benefits, possibilities.

Hi Fast Diet 1115

welcome back. What is LCHF? If you follow the rules an average loss is 1lb a week. Even if your weight loss is half that you should have reached your target within a month.

Good luck

Ginette

LCHF-low carb, high fat, moderate protein. Thanks for the encouragement!

Sukey, thanks for that. Massive oversight on the part of the creator, it’s been driving me mad lol.

Ginette, I’m no longer working due to a long term injury from 15 years ago. Severed a nerve in my back, left me with dropped foot, a bit of a limp and two back surgeries and 15 years of taking most on my weight on my good leg i have arthritis in my back, knee and hip. Had to leave work as it was crippling me sitting all day plus the long journey to and from. So a very sedate life as I have to sit down frequently.

I don’t particularlt like the tracker here either. I added my first 3 weeks weight loss all at once on my first entry so it’s up to date.

Think I’ll be lucky to lose one pound this week, did end up drinking last night and had chinese for dinner. That said I have drank once a week since starting. I’m not prepared to give up everything.

I might look into getting a fun keep fit DVD for people with back problems, if anyone knows of any please let me know.

All you Mothers out there, enjoy your day and eat guilt free… It’s only 1 day.

Good luck to all the monday fasters joinging me tomorrow.

Sukey, well done, it is the emotes lol.

I pay attention to fiber grams on eating days. I find fiber to be at least as important as calories to weight loss.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,351 through 4,400 (of 7,330 total)

You must be logged in to reply.