HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

This topic contains 7,289 replies, has 660 voices, and was last updated by  Opal Shine 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,301 through 4,350 (of 7,330 total)

• Hi,
    I am 65 and have been struggling with weight issues since early twenties. I ran into my brother having not seen him for a few weeks and was astounded at how well and fit he looked. When questioned he told me about the 5:2 and I started the next day. I have lost about 12 kgs in 4 months, feel much more energised and can look in my mirror without feeling despondent. I am totally hooked on this regime and although I got stuck a couple of times I persevered and now the weight seems to coming off at a steady .5kg a week. I have had a few days where I have reverted to old patterns but I am finding that as I progress I am not as hungry on the 5 days and my vanity (newly awakened) is helping me stay on track.
    I try to keep busy so I am not thinking about eating. Also, I don’t eat anything until I am hungry (usually about 11am). Carrots have been a great way to eat something with minimal calories but maximum ‘feel full’ effect.
    Another 5kgs should do it for me and I will probably keep going on 6:1 to maintain a healthy weight.
    Many thanks to Michael and Mimi for sharing the research. Who knows how many people you have saved from heart attacks, diabetes and other weight related issues.

I’m on week 2 . My second fast day is tomorrow. I had a bit of difficulty sleeping on my last fast day – just kept waking up. I’ve lost about 4 pounds which really pleases me. I don’t find it easy though. I’m terribly overweight

Good Morning all, I am on day 4, I promised myself I would not get the scales out, but I just could not help myself. I am pleased to say that I have shed 3kg, I know that is mostly water but it does give me the motivation to continue. I am exercising regularly and being very strict with eating to keep within the calorie allowance. I think I am eating under the allowance a little.

Good luck to you all and congrats to those that have lost weight.

I’m 56 and have yo-yo dieted for most of my adult life. I lose the weight then get bored with constant calorie counting to keep it off and the weight goes back on again.

I had major surgery last year and put even more weight on so on 10th Jan this year I started the fast diet, although I seriously doubted I could actually manage to do the ‘fast’ days as I did not think I could eat so little and not spend the whole day feeling hungry.

But I love this way of dieting and am actually finding the fast days to be OK. I have never really eaten breakfast (it just makes me more hungry for the rest of the day) so I skip breakfast and lunch and have a nice 400 calorie meal in the early evening, and allow the other 100 calories for milk in my coffee and some OXO (bouillion) cubes which have a nice savoury taste and are only 9 calories each. I’ve also increased my water consumption. I find I can get through the day fine knowing that I can have a ‘good’ meal with lots of veggies in the evening and, to my amazement, I don’t feel hungry all day.

The other thing I have noticed is that I find I have to sometimes push myself to eat enough on non fasting days which for someone who is inherently quite greedy is a real bonus!

I have lost 15lbs since 10th January (from 15st 8lbs to 14 st 7lbs) which I’m delighted with. I’m sure the rate of progress is going to slow down quite dramatically at some point but I’m expecting that so hopefully will not get disheartened when it happens.

The main point of my post is to say to anyone thinking that they cannot do the ‘fast days’ is to give it a go – I thought I could not do them either but really it’s nothing like as bad as you think it’s going to be. Just remember to drink a lot of liquids!

Hi
    Like Maur, I am 65 and have been dieting since I was 15 and I have a very efficient body that has no intention of letting me lose weight consistently on any diet. I lost 3 stone last year on Cambridge and have kept it off – but I still have 4 stone to lose.

So I have declared WAR! I refuse to give in.

I posted a couple of weeks ago that I was going to do the low GI diet on my non-fast days because I was finding it extremely difficult to stick to my TDEE because of terrible carb cravings. Unfortunately, it did not go to plan.

So I’ve changed it AGAIN to a more structured diet on non-fast days – Dukan – I’ve been on it before but didn’t do it properly. This time I’m following it to the letter and trying out their lovely recipes. It’s a little tricky fitting in my fast days and I’m finding it easier to do the fast days consecutively but it’s working and easier to stick to. I’ve been on this new regime for a week and have lost 4lbs – Hurray – AT last – but only time will tell, I guess.

Really good to read everyone’s post – Well done to you all. Helen

Hi Coconutbunz, When are you going to start your fast? Maybe we can go through this together and share our ups and downs and achievements.

Hi Molly. Thanks for your message. Yes would love to start this 5:2 with you – I will start this next week on Tuesday. Hope you get this msg, still dont know how it works in here, how to get this message under yours if you know what I mean.

coco

Wow, how do you ladies of a certain age manage to lose 4lbs etc. in a week or less than! If you hear a note of deep envy in that question, you would be right!

12 weeks in; 11lbs (5kgs) down and 42lbs (19kgs) still to go. It’s a mountain to shift but I’m feeling better anyway.

Keep up the good work, everybody. May the appetite be small; the will power, strong; and may the metabolism be speedy!

Hi Everyone, It’s great hearing all your success stories and it really keeps me motivated. I am 63 and since my early 50’s have found it really difficult to lose weight. Especially that muffin belly that seemed to appear over night as soon as I hit my fifties!! I too have just finished week six (day 12) and have lost 10lbs altogether. The last two weeks have really slowed down though! I lost nothing last week and just 1 pound this week. But once the weight keeps going in the right direction I don’t mind! The worse thing for me is the headaches I get them by mid afternoon but they generally go away as soon as I have eaten. Keep up the good work ladies we can do it!!

SukeyA x

Hi coco, I have just read your message, thank you. I am on day 5 and I will officially weigh in on Monday. I am hoping the scales are going to be my friend lol. I have done 2 fasting days back to back. I am feeling optimistic about this. I have a sweet tooth, and found having a small pot of fresh mixed fruit with a small amount of yoghurt poured over helps a lot. I also find it fills me up. If you hover your mouse over the word FORUM you will see Active topics, click on that and it will take you to the whole list. Scroll down that list until you see Ladies of a Certain age, and click on the last number box under the topic and it will bring you to this page. I hope this helps

Bonjour LOACA – just a quick hello to past and new LOACA – I’ve been on and off the FD for several months and hopefully I shall stay ‘on’ it this time. Several life-events thwarted my efforts from the beginning of November until recently, but at last I can concentrate on me.

I’ll catch up with all the recent posts and get back soon. Just a hint to new LOACA about receiving posts from this forum – just below the posting box there is a tick-box which states ‘Notify me of follow-up replies via email’ and this sends you an email to let you know one of the LOACA has added a post and allows you to read it in your personal email

A bientot
    Femme

Now that I’ve attained my goal of 117 lbs I am revising it to 115. Very happy with the intermittent fasting and the way it spills over into the non-fasting days. I find I am more mindful of the type and the amount of food I eat. Thank you Michael!

Hi Labellehelena,
    I take my hat off to you doing the 5:2 and following a strict regime on your non fast days. I couldn’t do it – not enough won’t power. I’m just wondering if you are making it a bit too hard for yourself. I’m finding that if I really do the 2 days properly, then I seem to lose weight regardless of what I do on the other days. However I am finding that my pig outs are not as frequent as in the past and my stomach must be shrinking as I don’t seem to be able to fit in quite as much food no matter how hard I try! (lol).
    Good luck. Go easy on yourself.

Hi LOAC. We all seem to be in the same boat. I was on the thin side most of my life. – I was a nurse and kept very busy plus kids, gardening etc, in the past 10 years I’ve gradually piled the weight on. I’ve been on the Atkims Diet more often than I care to remember. I lose the weight but the diet is too restrictive and just not sustainable. Since e starting the 5:2 I’ve lost 31/2 kilos in just over a month. In the beginning I found I was gretting very hungry. That has improved a lot. Mind you by the time that dinner time comes round I am very happy.
    This way of eating and dieting is very good psychologically too. We can always say to ourselves. Tomorrow I can eat ” normally” again. Of course this does not mean pigging out on chocolate cake or a large plate of chips.
    Cheers and keep up the good work. We can do it.

Hi LOACA

I have just finished week 7 (day 14) and to my horror I have actually gained a half a pound! I will have to really cut down my calorie intake on non fast days from now on and increase my 4 x 50 min walks a week into 50 min of jogging/walking.. I am trying not to feel despondent as I do feel a lot better health wise. Hoping for better results next week!

SukeyA

Hi everyone
    I am happy to have lost another 2lbs, that is 12lbs in total since I started, about 7 weeks ago.
    As we have said before, when we get to a certain age we do have to try a bit harder to shift those pounds. I am doing 4:3. I do 2 x 350 calorie, and one liquid only, fast each week. I never in a million years thought I would be able to get through a day on liquids only, but you know what? it’s easy! Anyway, that is what works for me, we are all different.
    Good luck, onwards and downwards!

Hi Applepie
    Well done!
    Out of interest, what do you eat on non-fast days?
    Slimmersylv

Hi Slimmersylv, on non fast days I eat what I want. What I want has changed quite a bit from my pre 5:2 days. Some days I am really good, I eat a lot of spinach, celery and carrot sticks with hummus, vegetable soup, other days I have “naughty” food. On Saturday night we went out with our Spanish neighbours and had paella with wine. I do have wine most non fast days. I never feel deprived. If I did, I know I wouldn’t stick with it.

Applepie I kinda agree. I also eat what I want on non fast days, but then I have to work extra hard on fast days by doing 3 water fasts. I could never get the hang of counting cals on non fast days. In a way this is easier as i dont have to count cals ANY DAY!!! Ha!!!

Thanks Applepie! (just your name makes me feel hungry!!)

I am trying hard to stick to alternate fast days and then to cut down a lot on non-fast days. Some days are easier than others. I’ve no idea what weight I’ve lost as I have no way of knowing, but am measuring and every week I am pleased to say that I have lost at least one inch (half inch from bust, waist, midriff and or hips), so for example, over the last six weeks I have lost 1 and a half inches from my bust. So I am hoping this continues!

I’m not doing a lot of exercise either due to arthritis in knees and back, so long may this continue!

Thanks for the info. May we continue to shrink!

Best wishes,
    Slimmersylv

Its great that we can tailor it individually like this. I constantly have to change things to avoid a plateau…..water fasts, back to back fasts, I might even try some half fast at 1000 cals a day to keep my system guessing!!!

Hi Kindle
    So, do you think that is the secret – just a matter of keeping your body confused? I knew some-one years ago who used to swear by this method to keep his weight down. Not eating one day, eating loads another. To be honest, I thought he was mad! Ha ha. It would serve me right if he was totally right and I could have been doing this for years instead of permanently starving and dieting myself UP to 12 and a half stone!
    Slimmersylv

Yes Applepie I tried 250 cals a day too. I didnt find it any harder than 500 cals, funny enough!! Lets keep up the good work, ADF, 4;3 , whatever works!!! We have to keep changing and adapting for this to work. Its an age thing I guess?

Hi Slimmersylv, well thats what works for me the mo anyway!! But my body is weird, I mean I went through a period of 6 months last year where I just did 5;2 and ate whatever I wanted in LARGE amounts the other days and still lost weight!! It didnt last sadly, but for that 6 months my metabolism was like a central heating boiler system. It wasnt due to exercise either thats for sure!! Maybe I was in ketosis and I am not now? Maybe I have to try harder now cos I am half a stone lighter and in a different league?? Who knows?

Yes Kindle, I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes, I hardly have to try and the weight comes off, other times, I am doing everything right, but it just doesn’t shift, for weeks and weeks. It’s weird and I don’t know if it’s hormonal or what, but something definitely changes.
    If I knew the answer to that one, I’d be worth millions!
    Slimmersylv

I’m almost 48 yrs old, 5 ft 5″, and 11st 2lbs.
    On Week 8.
    No weight lost and its driving me nuts.
    Keeping to the 500 cals two days a week, and still counting on the other days, exercising 2-3 times a week, walking most week days.
    I’ve slimmed down which is good but I need to numbers to go down!
    …. what shall I do????

Hi Cathina

If the weight is not coming off you need to cut your calorie intake. What about doing 4:3? or making one day liquids only? Or cutting from 500 calories to 350, to leave room for error, we all underestimate how many calories we eat.

Good luck!

Hi Cathina – throw away your scales!
    At the end of the day surely it’s how you look and feel that counts, not how many pounds you weigh?
    I can’t weigh (no scales with me here in Sri Lanka) so I’ve just been measuring, and have been really pleased with the results. But I bet if I got on the scales and they registered no loss, I’d be devastated and give up. So, I’m sticking with liking my smaller frame and every week I think – well, that’s another inch (or two) of me gone!
    I can now fit into shorts I brought with me to keep me focused!
    Keep it up, don’t get disheartened!
    Slimmersylv

Thank you Slimmersylv & Applepie <3

I do think to go and treat yourself to some clothing works for me – I am also not weighing and not measuring at the moment as I am getting so many comments of how “skinny ” I look – that word has never been used to describe me ever in my life till now 54 years old LOL – so just keep on going – I never do liquid days but I think if you can go for it – I eat only once a day now but certainly didn’t do that in the beginning – so just keep on going everyone

I’m 51. Peri menopausal .
    I started the 5/2 diet on the 5th of January 2015. I’m tall , 5 foot 11 and weighed 13 stone 9 pound.
    I wasn’t fat and flabby but was a good size 16 bordering 18. Though people didn’t think so, being tall.
    The first week I did 5/2 I did 4/3 to give me a boost. I lost 8lb! The following week 4lb. It’s now week 7 into the 5/2.
    Starting weight 13 stone 9pound now 12 stone 1 pound!
    I’ve lost 1 stone 8 pound. Can’t believe it. My BMI is 23 now too. Healthy range!
    I’ve found the 5/2 really easy to stick to. I feel healthy look slim , so I’m told. I’ve been out and bought new trousers for work in a size 14 . I don’t want to go under 12 stone as at 51 and nearly 6 foot I don’t want to look gaunt. Thanks Dr Mosley !!!

Hi Bev51,
    Thats amazing and well done to you – I have also found it very successful – so good

Hi everyone, I am 54 and peri-menopausal.

I have piled on weight the last 3 years and if I am honest its because the older I get the less inclined I am to deny myself all the treaty things, (wine, cheese crips sweets) even though I am fully aware I can’t burn it of the same as I have also completely stopped exercise. I do feel out of control sometimes.

I plan to start the diet on Monday, (I did it for a couple of weeks last year and even though I thought it was quite easy I never stuck with it.) I do intend to start exercising again too. Initially i just want to feel better about myself and hopefully a bit more energetic.

As time goes on, of course I would be disappointed if I didn’t get a bit thinner. I have so many clothes that don’t fit and I have been refusing to buy bigger sizes for so long that my neighbours think I have become a bag lady! But I found this resource and and I hope I can get a bit of support when my determination flags. Fingers crossed.

I have had no issues with weightloss at age 52

Hello girls ‘ladies’,
    I am almost at the end of my second week and am still finding it a wee bit difficult not having anything to eat at lunch time so I have a large glass of water with an apple. 1st week I found that I had lost 1.5 Kilos so I was absolutely thrilled, and hope that I will continue to do so, but like most normal people there will be times like tomorrow when it happens to be my birthday so I am going ‘out’ for lunch 🙂 in France… quite difficult to be careful.
    Anyhow I will do my best and weigh in again on Monday morning. (I’m doing Monday/Thursdays) as my 2:5. I’ve Just made a cup of ‘sleepy tea’ which I find does help me get through the night without feeling hungry.

I really do think this is the most uncomplicated and sensible regime I have ever attempted, but like all diets it is up us to keep on keeping on going! 😉

Good luck to all the ‘newbies’ and for all those continuing on their course to a brand new healthy happy lifestyle.

Happy Birthday ginandtonic2!! Enjoy every minute of your day, and do NOT be careful, you have the rest of the year for that.

I think this WOL can only be sustainable if we do not feel deprived. I feel empowered, I choose what to eat and most of the time make sensible choices, but not all the time. We are only human after all.

We can do this! Good luck everyone.

Hi Ladies
    Have never posted on a forum before but just had to share with you that the Fast Diet does work.
    My husband and I decided to change our lives completely on Jan 19th felt at 53 and 52 we were facing a fork in the road and were heading down the wrong one. My husband has high blood pressure and high colesterol 5’7″ 12 st 6lbs BMI 27.7. My stats 5’4″and 10st 7lbs BMI 25.1. We weighed ourselves today husband now weighs 11’12” and BMI 25.9 and I weigh 9’2″ BMI 21.9. We are due to get bloods done in March and hope our lifestyle changes are reflected in the results. We have stopped drinking a minimum of 3 nights a week and started pounding the streets ( walking ), we are not angels on the food front but sticking to our fast day targets and believe me nothing tastes better than Large glass of wine and a bag of peanuts on a Friday night ( small bag now ). I am sick to death of this menopause malarkey and decided to face it up I am now sleeping a good 6 to 7 hours a night. I have read so many posts on this site so thank you all for your inspiration .

Hi Applepie – great name by the way 😉 Thank you for my birthday wishes. We had a gorgeously delicious lunch, came back feeling very full and rather worried that it will affect all my efforts of last week and Monday and Thursday. But I have a feeling if I keep up the 30 mins walking every day and stick with the 2:5 I WILL GET THERE. And to all those ladies above who are peri-meno or going through the menopause, hello, it has been great to hear your stories.

This forum is very interesting, people are loosing or not; obviously we are all differently made, different shapes and heights etc, but I am sure it will work if we keep at it. I am amazed by some people not eating at all on fast days and only drinking water – wow wee that takes some effort. – On the water front I suppose I am drinking a litre a day plus a cup of coffee and two Teas per day.

Good luck to you and as they say here ”Bon Continuation”

Abienot Applepie and all other ladies…. 🙂

Glad you enjoyed your birthday G&T2. I chose my username mainly because of my apple shape, but also yes I do love apple pies. Funny I thought the same about your name, I was a regular (a bit too regular) G&Ter pre this WOL. I have not had one since I started, wine on non fast days but no G&T’s.

I am one of those people having a non eating day, but it is not water only. I have black coffee in the morning, then water with a splash of fruit juice. Lots of lemon water (we have a lemon tree!) Then the treat of the day, a delicious cup of bovril for tea. I find I can sometimes get more hungry on a fast day than I do on my liquids only day, it’s weird.

Local market day here in sunny Spain, I am off out to buy some lovely fresh veg. They have the most enormous cauliflowers here, I have to take a shopping trolley to get them home.

Adios!

I have nothing really interesting to say, other than I LOVE CAULIFLOWER!! You can do a lovely low carb ‘mash’ with it but I love it all ways.

Really struggling to keep to a fast day today, in fact my fast days this week have all gone over my allotted calories. Keep trying to start one again the next day, but keep doing the same. I should probably have a proper eating day and start again!

Tomorrow’s measuring day, so I’m panicking a bit!

Slimmersylv

Hi, as we are the same age thought I would post a note to you, I too have trouble shifting the weight, am on week 5 now and only lost 2 lb, although do feel slimmer round my middle, going to stick with it though and try reducing to 400 calories. Good luck!!!

I am 51 and really fed up as I started the fast diet 4 weeks ago and gave up sugar at the same time. Not one ounce have I lost. feel better in myself but the whole point is that I need to lose 3 stone! Help!

Hi Kittym

poor you! You mudt be a lovely perdon, you fat seems to be really attached and reluctant to leave you.

I finally got going after three weeks and losing well since then, so keep the faith, I started checking calories on fast and non-fast days, Im pretty ignorant about calories in food. Hopefully long term Ill know which food choices to make, in fact Ive stopped measuring every slice of bread I cut and I today I found out a small skinny cappuchino is 107 calories, as opposed to 201in my usual medium latte – but blummin’ eck, the full milk latte is soooo much nicer!!!

Like many I also use a TDEE at a lower weight, not my target weight cos it is, for me, a huge drop.

Ive a theory that before we start losing we have to stop gaining weight. So you have had success, you have stopped the gains.

So keep on keeping on, youll be giving advice soon about maintaining your lovely skinny figure!!!

I did get a gi-normous cauliflower on the market, a beautiful romanescu cauli. I had never seen them before we moved to Spain. They are a lovely pastel green colour and all twirly whirly. More like a work of art than a veg.

So last week I did my usual 3 fasts, which usually results in a 2lb loss. But last Saturday we had kebab and chips, so not worth the calories 🙁 with wine. On Sunday we had cauliflower cheese, roast chicken, with the skin, and sweet potato chips. With I must add copious amounts of vino tinto (red wine) Followed by 3 celebration chocolates.

I am hard on myself and always weigh in on the morning of my first fast day of the week, after the weekend. So yesterday I stepped on the scales hoping for my usual 2lb drop and guess what? ……I lost 3lbs!! Yes!

I did a 350 calorie fast yesterday and today is my liquid only fast. Thursday will be another 350 fast. It works for me. Love this way of life!

Hi Kittym
    What are you doing – the 5:2 or alternate day? I started on 5;2 and found I maintained wonderfully, but I didn’t lose an ounce! So I went to ADF, with the view that if this works, then eventually I can go to 5:2 to maintain.
    I can’t weigh (I have no scales in Sri Lanka), but I measure and my measurements are now dropping really well after a bit of a slow start, and I was only losing one pound a week on ADF, but it was steady and actually (although I was disappointed at the slow rate) it does mount up quite quickly – and that IS 52 pounds in a year! and you only need to lose 42!)
    So don’t lose heart, carry on and I’m sure you’ll notice a difference soon. But I now swear by measuring rather than weighing – so do measure if you haven’t already, you might well notice the difference there.
    And you did mention you feel better in yourself, so that’s a start (although I know how you feel about the weight loss too).
    Best wishes
    Slimmersylv

Hello, fellow LOACAs — I’m happy to find you. I’m sorry to hear that so many are struggling with the same low or no weight loss I have experienced on other diets, including Weight Watchers (which used to work when I was younger), Jenny Craig, SlimFast, and Atkins. I am lucky to lose a pound a month on any of those diets. My doctor says, “Well, that would be 12 pounds a year,” but of course he doesn’t understand how hard it is to sustain such deprived eating habits and how easily the weight will return with normal (not excessive) eating.

After reading all your helpful suggestions, I am planning to start out trying a 4:3 plan. I know from experience that sustained deprivation plateaus pretty quickly, and from what I’ve read, that’s when the body goes into starvation mode. I think the idea of keeping the body off balance makes sense, and it’s something I haven’t tried before, so I’m hopeful. Please wish me luck.

Hello ladies, may I join you in your quest to lose weight. I am 5 ft 2 inch tall and 57 years old and on Jan 1st weighed in at 12st 6. I started the year calorie counting but am now into my 3rd week of 5 2 although I am doing more of a 5 3 diet to fit in with husbands shift pattern.

last week I weighed in at 11st 9 so the weight is finally on its way down. I too have tried other diets but believe the 5 2 way of eating is more re educating your relationship with food rather than a diet.

I would appreciate any support on my journey and will gladly repay in kind! I truly believe that together we are stronger! I hope that doesn’t sound silly.

Hi audreyg,
    It certainly doesn’t sound silly as being in a group is great – i just stick to the 5:2 and only eat 1 meal on my fast day at night – i didn’t do this at the start have only done it 4 months into the diet. I am now at a weight I never thought i could get down to and feel so good. I still do the 5:2 as I get hot flushes at night and don’t when doing the 5:2 so there are other benefits to this way of life too. GOOD LUCK its certainly changed my life

I’m 57, started the diet on 10th January this year and have lost 11lb. I haven’t been exercising so far but I think I am going to start gradually to increase weight loss slightly. I want to have weight loss of about 5 – 6 a month as I am happy with that as long as it continues. I do a Monday and Wednesday as it suits me best. I also try to have another light food day during the week. I eat what I want within reason on the other days although I don’t go too mad. I like my treats although this might just be stewed fruit with sweetners (I use Stevia) and half a yoghurt.

Like Julie W I don’t eat breakfast or lunch on a fast day as this would trigger my appetite. I do allow 100 calories for milk and have a 400 calorie meal at about 7.30. I find this diet mostly easy although on the couple of days I have struggled, I remind myself that I can have what I want the next day.

I find I crave carbohydrates the next day but I keep within sensible limits. Luckily I don’t drink and don’t like fizzy drinks so these are not my temptations. Crisps I only ever used to eat rarely and this is still the case.

I have found like others that there are changes to eating habits without trying.

I go to a health trainer which is free on the NHS and is widely available. All he does is weighs and monitors me but I find his support really useful. One bit of useful information I picked up from a relative who studied nutrition was that when you lose a lb of fat you replace it with 1.5lbs of water. This is why sometimes it seems as if you have worked very hard only to gain weight. Also for people who exercise, muscle ways heavier than fat. So don’t be discouraged if the scales don’t move as much as they should, your clothes will let you know when you’ve lost weight. Once the water readjusts you will see the loss.

Good luck to all of the people who give this diet a go. Give it a couple of months and if one day you don’t suceed have a day off and choose another day later in the week.

Ginette

Good morning, I have weighed in today and lost another 2lb I am over the moon as can’t exercise at the min because I have just had operation on leg to have mole removed.
    since January I have now lost 13lb and I am beginning to notice the difference.
    I still have another 34lbs to go but have set myself little targets to reach (another pound and I am at a stone ). I find that this is helping.
    I am doing 2 fast days a week and sticking to approx 1200 calories a day for the others. I am one of those people who find it easier to write everything down then stick to it so I have got a calorie counting app to help.
    Thanks for welcoming me to the forum it is great to know I am not alone in this quest!

Well done Audrey. I am getting about the same loss as yourself but without conting calories on the other days and from last week I have just started having lighter days. I set my personal target at half a stone a time.

I am going to start exercising to increase the weight loss slightly. I am happy if it goes up by a pound or two a month. I have about another 7 stone to lose and so I am going to be doing this for some time. When eventually I get down to the weight I am happy with I will do the maintenance I day a week as I don’t want to get back to this stage.

I am also hoping that exercise will help to deal with stress as I have a lot of that at the moment.

Hopefully the exercise will help with that.

Ginette

Viewing 50 posts - 4,301 through 4,350 (of 7,330 total)

You must be logged in to reply.