Hello Southern Hemispherites!!

This topic contains 27,911 replies, has 831 voices, and was last updated by  Anzac65 1 day, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,851 through 6,900 (of 28,015 total)

• Intesha, just read your post…….good on you for buying the dress and so glad it fitted so well. Your message made me so happy for you!!!……JJxxx

Hilary I’m sure Thin will give you a good swift kick but that’s not what this is about. I think it’s good for us to be be able to tell the unknown how we are feeling without judgement. We all fall off the wagon but this WOL gives us the way back.

I fast Tuesday and Thursday as they are the days I usually stay at home. It was hard at first but I now keep myself busy and it soon passes. I still have to get dinner for my Dad so temptation is still there but I prepare my veggies at the same time.

JJ, I keep looking at the dress with a big smile on my face.

I wish there was a like button! great read everyone! Fast was difficult today, went to see my Nan and she had baked, made the kids have mine! Now wanting something so will go to bed, its not the body but my head that i seem to be fitting.

Thanks Intesha. You enjoy that dress – what colour/style is it? I am wearing clothes I would never have looked at 10kgs ago: horizontal stripes, skinny jeans; and loving it! 5:2 is truly life-changing in so many ways.

Now if I could just find out where my get-up-and-go has got up and gone I might have a productive day. I have done a LOT of walking up hills and stairs in the last couple of days and my body is now saying OUCH!

Wow Sally – that is some self-control in the face of fresh home-baked goodies! Give yourself a pat on the back.

Hi SH

Had a fairly good FD.
    At a conference, yesterday so first food was afternoon tea – and I had to have some fresh scones (just one – with jam and cream – very nice and I won’t need to have anymore now!!) with my coffee.

Dinner was lentil and carrot soup with zucchini – but thickened up a bit as I was doing it for two this time (not a 5:2er).

weigh-in after 1st FD for the week – no change but still happy because changes are probably going on internally and to my curves :))

I’ll be working the whole day on Wednesday, 2nd FD, so am hoping for a little downward trend then.

great to hear all your news. some great things happening out there πŸ™‚ Unfortunately can’t comment at the moment a bit run off feet.
    Welcome to the newbies – so glad you could join us. I’ll look forward to joining your journey πŸ™‚

signing off,
    Coast

Hilary, I bought it a Millers. I think you would describe it as A-line, mid calf length, white lace with red and blue flower pattern and white underlay, sleeveless. Like you I am loving the skinny jeans and flattering tops. We are all a bunch of winners.

FD today, weight 74.1.

Have a good day everyone ?

Good morning, All.

I love to read how you all are buying clothes that are “normal”. I can’t recall the last time I was able to walk into a store that sells average sizes, and buy things. Even at my very skinniest (and I looked unhealthily skinny, with ribs jutting out), I was a 14-16, so it didn’t take much to push me into the Plus sizes.

I have a nice shopping story as well. I would never go to the shop and buy clothes. Always online, and mainly guys clothes so I could hide in the bags and folds of the huge things. But, I saw some nice rayon pants in Millers. OH said “try them on”. I did – and was so delighted. I bought size 20! Last time I had to buy pants they were 24-26! And, this time the size 18 fit, just felt a bit tight for the flowing style.

Had a great FD yesterday, a lot of it was thanks to the advice of the almond and coconut milk from Thin. I bought some yesterday and was so pleased I could have my coffee. And I don’t mind the taste. I think I will be using it the majority of the time now, except for when I am having my cappucino – not only for the less calories, but I have ethical issues with meat and dairy. Thanks so much for the input.

Good luck those on FD today, and hope the scales are kind to everyone else.
    Have a great day!

Thanks for the welcome everyone. First FD went well, I was working – so that kept me busy. I have decided to make my fast days foods easy, no complicated recipes for me and stick to veges and protein only.

Also I listened to a heap of you tube vids on 5:2 and how to change behaviours which gave me some great tips. One was about making tiny changes and linking the new behaviour to an old one. Like getting out your clothes for the mornings walk just before you go to bed. Another gem was not to give up if you have a bad day but to turn a negative experience into good data (knowing what not to do next time) for getting to your end goal.

Today I’m concentrating on healthy food. Yes I bought my own lunch to work! Also trying to get my walking routine started. Slept through my good intentions this morning – must get those walking clothes ready tonight before I go to bed!

It is so inspiring reading everyone’s stories here. Saying no to fresh baked goodies and buying new slim fitting dresses all sounds wonderful to me. Something for me to strive towards.

Good morning Everyone!
    More beautiful sunshine through green trees. A crow on the roof over the road telling me that it is the summer end of the year.

Isn’t it nice that we get new days. Whether yesterday was a Fast Day, a non Fast Day, a fail day or a successful day; we get a fresh new day today, and we are that bit wiser from our experience yesterday.

Naptime I am so delighted you are in size 20. That will make everything so much easier! And by the time you get to 16 you will be searching out and finding such beautiful designs that suit your figure and your taste.

Congratulations on your first Fast Day Linda. I didn’t think of looking up youtube!

I really love that I can focus on getting through Fast Days, and then take my time making my Non Fast Days work better.

Cheers JJ. It must have been a great milestone celebration. I hope you can find the next days and weeks easier, to work towards your next milestone. What is your next milestone?

Sally I hope it isn’t too long before you can enjoy a home baked goody on a non Fast Day and enjoy it all the more for having waited!

Fast Day today, I am off to make porridge.

Morning Intesha, that’s a lovely positive post. Congratulations on fitting into the size 12 dress. Wear it everywhere and show off the new you! So pleased that you’re feeling so good now even though I’m sure the issues with your parents are no better – what a result you’ve achieved. You could go back and read your earlier posts and marvel at the transformation.

As for the other partners in crime, EA is on a short break away and CM has been interstate and has now gone overseas (again). That girl gets around. Barata says she’s lurking. Bay makes a welcome appearance now and then. JJulie’s AWOL. NikT’s around. We can never predict which newbies will stick around so all we can do is welcome them, support them and hope they benefit from our help. I’m pretty sure Cinque, Naptime & Coastcat are in for the long haul.

Have a great day all.

P.S. After I posted, about 10 previous posts appeared so I will now have to catch up. No idea why it does this, must be something to do with cookies. Ooops, bad word.

OK, so I’ve now read all the posts since Intesha’s size 12 dress story. Firstly, JJulie, we have years of bad habits to learn to undo. Don’t worry, each time you over-indulge, you learn from it. That’s why it’s no longer hard for me to resist bread – I’ve finally learned that it’s not worth it.

H4, I had two long plateau periods in my 5:2 journey. On one occasion, the weight just suddenly started shifting again without explanation. On the other occasion, I began to look at what changes needed to be made to my nonFD foods. For me it was carbs. Don’t be discouraged, you’re benefitting from fasting in ways other than just weight loss. Maybe have another read of Mosley’s book to remind yourself of the science? I hope you get an interesting jury duty case.

I enjoyed the bright and cheery reports, well done everyone, lovely to read. LV, I’d never thought of checking Youtube, thanks for sharing. Naptime, pleased you also like the A&C milk and great news with the dress size decrease.

Good morning to everyone,
    Cinque asked about my next milestone, well it was 75kg but then I celebrated!! so have to get back to that point again, but I am back on track I think as I started Monday at 77.4 and have now started Tuesday at 76.3 after a very successful FD yesterday. I am fasting again today. Therefore when I again reach 75 there will be no more celebrations!!! My next goal is 70kg which I am hoping to make before 20 December, the day I travel to Japan.
    By the way I have booked another trip to Japan in July next year and have finally talked my husband into taking a cruise from Yokohama. Due to the fact that he has worked on ships all his life he never wanted to spend holiday time on one!!!! I am hoping that he can board this ship and not look at any defects and just relax. Our Japanese adopted daughter is working on this ship, one reason why we want to cruise on it and spend some time with her as well. Biggest problem with cruising on ships is the food you get!!!! Thank goodness they have an onsen and fitness classes as I am hoping to spend some time doing these things too!!

Naptime – what a lovely shopping story from you too. I can tell you are over the moon with your purchase and love that your OH made the suggestion for you to try them on. Sounds as if he is supportive. My OH just does not seem to know how to express himself. Not long ago I asked him “Can you see if I have lost weight?” His answer was “Yes your not so swollen in the tummy” I already knew that as I could see it in the mirror as well as feel it in my clothes, but I wanted to know if he could see it too, unfortunately I think he is too scared to say something in case it upsets me, but really I would like him to make a comment if he sees a difference. I should not complain about him though as I know he is always busy with work and when he gets home he is tired. He also does not complain that I eat something different to him on fast days and when it comes to non-fast days make things that are good for us both to eat. He was telling a friend the other day that I was on a special diet and he was too my default!!! Mind you it has not done him any harm as I can see he has lost some off of his tummy too!!!

Intesha, I have been able to get into clothes again for the first time in ages, so going though my closet is like going shopping as well!! I have so many lovely clothes that I would dearly love to get into again. Even some of my old PJs fit me again.

Sally2015 – we have discussed the “like” button previously and we agree that we would love to have one on the forum. I was reading someones post yesterday and nodded my head in agreement and again wished I could press the “like” button, so I sent an email to the contact on this site with the suggestion. I have not heard anything back as yet, but maybe a few more people could email and suggest too. This is the email address I sent it to info@thefastdiet.co.uk

So that is it from me for now. Heaps of things to do today!! …..JJxxx

Just got an email from Millers re dressing up for Melbourne Cup and nearly threw the iPad. The dress I bought yesterday for $60 is now $30 grrrr.

JJ doesn’t it feel good? The trouble now is clothes I had put away and never worn are now falling off me. Oh well I guess that is a good problem to have.

I go away on the 16th December so the race is on for both of us?

Oh what fun, Intesha – loved reading your new dress story πŸ™‚

Thanks JJ – I’ve emailed re the like button too.

I was dragging out a few outfits last night, and my OH mentioned a black top of mine he liked from when we 1st got together, so I found it and put it on… and it did go on, but another couple of kgs would really seal the deal.

I ended up having a couple of years at the end of my stint in the UK in a well paying job, and it’s been the only time in my life that I went to “nice” shops, then I came back to NZ and “relaxed” and so those clothes have been packed away for close to 13yrs now, so I still have another 6-7kgs before I get down to that weight (and 13ys of gravity to fight) but there are a few more trendy clothes than my usual fleece tops, track pants and jeans… I won’t look at them till there’s real hope of getting them on…. that’ll be just like shopping for me.

I few months ago I mentioned a small work shirt they’d given me (unprovoked)…. and am delighted to advise that it is now being worn!!! I’ve not given back my big shirts as I still feel the need to have them as security, so at the mo, I’m having one week in the small shirt and then the other week in my big relaxing shirt, so maybe in another month or 2 I’ll be brave (oh… but then it’ll be nr Xmas time hmmmm πŸ™ … maybe after xmas I’ll graduate to only smaller sizes.

Today’s a liquid only day for me, so Thin, I still think of myself as a 5:2er, but when I looked back, since a month before my holiday I was chucking in an extra FD – experimenting with liquid only, and it seems I’m still doing that and enjoying it, so I guess I am a 4:3er (for now).

My back/leg is still causing me to feel concern at times, but I’ve now had 2 pain free days. In the past when I’ve had a prolapsed disk, I have back pain, that goes and then 2 weeks later it all goes to custard in my leg – so I’m standing down all my exercise until I’ve had 2 weeks with no niggles, so 10/11 Oct is my goal for a small jog if all going well.

Happy Tuesday everyone!!!!

What comprises a liquid-only day NikT?

“No idea why it does this, must be something to do with cookies. Ooops, bad word.”
    (snigger) Good one, Thin! Lol…

I am curious on your liquid day as well, NikT.

JustJulie, yes, males have a hard time being supportive. Maybe you are right, and they don’t want to say the wrong thing. A friend of mine asked her hubby if she looked skinnier, and he told her it is hard to tell, but she probably is – as her tummy is now more saggy!!

Lost 900g from yesterday’s FD. Celebrated by having a kebab for lunch… Hey, I am a work in progress! In all honesty, I am enjoying I can let myself go a little bit, and it won’t ruin two weeks of work like before. I have been so strict with my diet for nearly a year now, so I am enjoying food more now, and still feel in control. It may make the weight loss slower, but I am still happy with that at this stage.

It’s great to be in control of food instead of the other way round Naptime. Well done on the 900g loss. Are you a believer now? πŸ˜†

This is a copy of the email response to my suggestion of a “like” button on the forum.

<<<<<Hi β€”

Thanks for the suggestion! We aren’t currently planning on doing this but will keep it in mind when we next discuss updates to the forum functionality. It’s great to hear that the forum has been helpful. πŸ™‚

JJ
    tech@thefastdiet.co.uk>>>>>>>

Hello. I’m new to the 5:2. I watched the youtube vid and here I am. Hello to you all. I live in Adelaide and glad to see there are Aussies doing the eating style. Love to hear back from anyone here.

Hello Nudgy, we are always happy to welcome newbies into the fold. Record your starting position at the Your tracker link above if you haven;t already done so – otherwise it can be hard to recall how far you have come when you have been doing this for a while.

A pretty good FD yesterday, 64.3 this morning. Plus I’ve woken this morning to find my achy muscles back to normal – I’d had a pretty slack day yesterday finishing some knitting projects that just required seaming.

Good morning everyone! Welcome Nudgy! Have you set on a Fast Day yet?

Mine was good too Hilary, although I found it hard to concentrate, got cold, and was so hungry I ate my soup at 5:30pm!
    But then it was done! And this morning I feel good and am looking forward to eating lovely delicious healthy things today with no hunger.

JJ I am not sure about a ‘like’ button. I think I would push it for everyone, which sort of negates the point!
    I do feel awful that I haven’t got the time to respond to everyone’s every post, but it seems everyone accepts that, and hopefully don’t feel like they are not being listened to.

Aaaaand I have lots to do today, so I am off again. Best wishes to you all!
    See you next time all you Works in Progress!

Hi Cinque

I think you’ll find you’re not alone. πŸ˜‰ When I fast seriously, I don’t have anything but coffee and water all day, then I eat my vegetable soup anywhere between 5.30 and 6.30, and go to bed earlier than normal if I’m cold. This is what I’m doing today. I will fast again on Saturday. I will probably do 4:3 until the weight around my stomach is gone. πŸ˜‰

I’ve confessed on the Maintenance thread that I fell off the 5:2 wagon. In 9 weeks of mostly travel overseas and interstate, I have only fasted 3 times. I have kids for school holidays and then am off to Brisbane for over two weeks. I have also indulged in a shared sweet treat most days. The result is a weight gain of 3 kg in total. πŸ˜₯ I am yet to develop Purple’s discipline away from home.

So I’m back on the wagon, and looking forward to Summer, when it is easier to fast and to eat salads each day. We are having a sunny 20 C today and a very warm 30 C on the weekend. Looking forward to it. We’ve just been in the Ballarat area for a week, and it was warm and sunny every day. Had a lovely time playing golf and orienteering in the bush.

Best wishes all, with fasting and non FD today.
    Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Hi all

I have just popped in to catch up with the back-posts, and to read all the wonderful success stories. Welcome to the newcomers, too, we will be reading your good news very soon. πŸ™‚

I probably mentioned that OH has joined me on 5:2, but his progress is verrrrry slow – still a downward angle on the graph, though. I was wondering if his bad sleeping patterns were affecting weight loss – he has been recommended for a CPAP air pressure gadget, will be going for his follow-up assessment in a month or two.

Welcome back, Bay. πŸ™‚

aarrgg!!! there were fifteen posts on Tuesday!!! I can’t keep up …..

Firstly hello and welcome to more newbies – Sally, Nudgy. Hope you enjoy this journey, sharing your stories, and stick with us till the ‘bitter’ end and share your joy when you finally get to your goal πŸ™‚

As long as you enjoyed your celebration, Julie – you know that you will get back to that goal weight and achieve even more :). I read that you are well on your way to getting back on track. Well done!!
    I love to hear you going cruising next year and it’s even nicer because you are catching up with your adopted daughter :)) Cruising is on my bucket list – as I have never done that before.

Great clothes buying stories , Intesha (sorry to read about the Millers sale after the fact – how annoying), Naptime and NikT (I have a bunch of clothes like that awaiting me as well)- very motivational.

Hilary, you can do it i.e. get back the resolve. Glad to read your achy muscles have bounced back to normal. but has that get-up-and-go come back yet?

Sally, I also ‘like’ the like button idea. Will try to get around to writing to the administrator. Just read Julie’s response from the administrator – darn!!

Cinque, I feel the same – the days here are beautifully changing – sometimes glittering blue, yesterday ominous dark grey skies – all part and parcel of spring πŸ™‚ Is your garden going well?

Thin, thanks for the update on the others. What have you been up to?
    Have you been getting some wear out of the new tracksuit? I have the same issues with carbs. I am experimenting at the moment and trying to include a little carb each day. so far I have been able to control it well ( except for a couple of stumbles when I overdid the bread). fingers crossed πŸ™‚

Naptime, you are doing so well. I am so happy for you. You are starting to sound so much happier πŸ™‚ This WOL will definitely be a bonus to well-being.

Cinque, I have to work on being like that too – I feel awful not responding to everyone – but truly, sometimes there just isn’t enough time. I suppose I just need to get over myself (it is my own problem naturally πŸ™‚ – no-one
    has told me to write a novel every time I make an entry LOL!! )

Hi Bay, I am also having problems with FDs this week, so I feel your pain πŸ™‚ about being out of whack,

Coast

Good morning, everyone.

Wow, so many new people! Welcome everyone – I have only been here for two weeks, but find this the best forum for knowledgeable and supportive people.

Thin, I will not fully be a believer until tomorrow morning. Then it is my two week mark – and if I lose again, I will have broken my ‘lose one week, gain the next’ streak. Then I will be converted! πŸ™‚

My book arrived Tuesday. I understand more of what you are all saying now, about it being not just a diet, but also a way of life. It almost seems like the weight loss is just a ‘side effect’ of intermittent fasting. There are some real benefits to sticking with this, without even looking at the weight loss. I also have the fast exercise book, so that will be next on my reading agenda.

Well, I am having my FD today rather than tomorrow. I have the house to myself and have heaps of study to do – so it seems like a good day to do it.

Have a great day, everyone!

Good morning all. I think we all have to stop apologising for not being on here 24/7. We are already living with too many guilt issues without worrying about who we are offending. The fact that we are all on this journey together says it all. I for one would not be able to keep going if it wasn’t for all the various posts and hearing about what is happening in everyone else’s lives. I get withdrawal symptoms if it is a quiet day. You are all such inspirations.

Naptime you are in the same place I was, you have to stop looking back on past failures and just keep going no matter what. What are you studying?

You’ll all laugh at this but I went back to Millers yesterday and bought the same dress half price but a size 10, now that is faith. And guess what it does fit but VERY snug.

FD today, not going to jinx myself but could be a whole new PB tomorrow.

Have a great day.

Well said Intesha! I agree, we can’t answer everything, it becomes overwhelming. I try and catch up but can’t always comment. Hey, so now you’re into size 10, wow. I hope you took the other dress back for a refund at the old price!

Naptime, what’s the good word on the scales this morning?

Hi Cinque & Coastcat, I haven’t got much use from my new track suit as it’s warmed up in the west now but it’ll come in handy for Europe in the winter I’m sure.

Hi Barata and Bay. Bay, how do you feel about the 3 fasts in 9 weeks? Was it worth going off the rails to allow you to freely enjoy your holidays or are you regretting it now? How hard is it to get back into it – given that you’re now doing 4:3?

I went to bed at 8.30pm last night. I was cold all day and always find FDs harder after an over-indulgence. I’d had two days of Moroccan banquet leftovers including the sticky date pudding (Sun was a FD even though it was our anniversary). Back to normal today thank goodness.

I’ve started to lurk on the maintenance chat threads a bit now so you might see a bit less of me on here as I won’t be able to contribute to more than one without becoming a total internet junkie.

Hi Thin

Welcome to maintenance. Congratulations on your splendid weight loss. Now the journey begins.

Bay πŸ˜†

Here’s a chuckle for you all – but apologies in advance for any unwelcome mental images!

Tuesday was my FD. Wednesday morning I hopped on the scales (via the loo) and was pretty happy with the 64.3 (Monday’s numbers having been 65.2).
    Now I have read about those who indulge in multiple daily weighings, but this is not something I have done – until yesterday.
    An hour later, I’m heading to the shower so I weighed myself again as the water warms. First surprise: same numbers as first weigh, but I have had a coffee and bowl of porridge since then. Post shower and my weight shows as 63.9 – a personal best! I race down the hall to grab my phone to take a picture of these magic numbers. Back on the scales and I weigh 64.3!! Damn (my phone doesn’t weigh THAT much)!

A naked 5m sprint and I gain 400g!!!

Consolation: this morning’s numbers are 63.9 – with no mucking about!

Hi Everyone,
    Thin it is exciting to think of you graduating from this thread, and that one day I might catch you again on the Maintainence thread. Thank you for being here when I joined!

Intesha I think you put it perfectly, I love it when there are lots of posts to read… But that is when it becomes difficult to reply.
    I also love that you bought the size 10 dress. Won’t it be lovely when it fits you easily.

Barata I haven’t tracked, but I think mine is pretty slow downward. So much better that upward, or staying still. Best wishes to your OH.

Coast. My garden is lovely, but it would like more work, and I had better water it soon. Just as well it is small. All my parsley is going to seed, and I have a parsnip ready to pull up!
    Hasn’t it got hot! I bet you won’t be able to wear your tracksuit for six months, wIll it still fit you?

Good luck with your two week weigh in Nap! The trick does seem to be that you have a shower first. While it sounds, from Hilary’s story that the scales mysteriously weigh the next morning’s number, I am thinking the steamy room does the magic.

I’m looking forward to my next Fast Day, but I think it wil have to be Saturday .
    Cheers everyone!

Thin few more kgs before that size 10 fits well. I’ve kept the 12 because I want to wear it next week when I catch up with friends, one of whom I went to Canberra with.

Thin I think you are stressing too much about fasts and holidays. I keep thinking about my 7 weeks away over Xmas/new year but then you lose all the enjoyment of what a holiday is for. We know what to do now and we can get right back into it once we are back with all our lovely memories ?

Hilary join the club, my scales go all around the bathroom until it tells me what I want to know. Sometimes there can be a difference of 1 or 2kgs.

Good afternoon,

I did have a laugh at the story you told Hilary……..as it reminds me of myself!!!

This morning I hopped on the scales to see 74.1 Honestly I did not believe it as my last weigh in on Wednesday morning was 76.1, so imagine my surprise when I seemed to have skipped the 75’s altogether this time and ended up at 74.1kg. No trying again as it always says something different!!!

Today is my wedding anniversary and OH advises me that he booked a restaurant for tonight, so I am fasting all day again so I can eat tonight!!!

catch up with everyone again soon…….JJxxx

I’ve just come all the way back here πŸ˜‰ to say that while I especially thanked Intesha for her words about no guilt participation on this thread, I also appreciated what everyone else said about the same thing.

Glad I came back as I can say YaY JJ on your excellent scales! And Happy Anniversary! Best wishes for an absolutely beautiful meal tonight!

Welcome Nudge – hopefully you stick around and get to see what a wonderfully supportive group we have here.

I’m once again doing a liquid only day again, as I know it’s going to be a tough food weekend, with the foodie in-laws staying for 4 nights.

I just do a normal FD, but for tea have a big cup of Milo, then a big cup of fancy (decaf) coffee, and that for some reason fills me up and – it’s definitely not low cal! but the weight does fall off. I’m in a hurry to lose all the bulk I carry, now that I know I can. I feel like I’ve got the hang of losing, but as maintaining has been something I have never even thought of mastering, I always just immediately start back on the upwards trail, but having the fasting tool available, is just making me feel ever so hopeful and I want to get there!!

Bay – lovely you to see you back again, hope you had a great holiday, and I too will be interested to hear your thoughts on giving up fasting & just enjoying the holiday -v- the thought of getting back into fasting now. I think you must have still been pretty mindful, as I can do 3-4kg in a weeks holiday – so 3kg in 9weeks is a small miracle I reckon!!

I hope you manage to pull off a 2nd week of losses, Nap πŸ™‚

Thin – am so happy that you are heading into Maintenance, but will miss your sagelike advice and the inspiration you provide – so will look forward to any updates from your ‘maintaining’ phase.

Best of luck to the Friday weighers – will look forward to seeing your results.

Hi Nik

I think it depends where you holiday whether you put in weight or not. When we went to China last year for 3 weeks, I didn’t put on any weight at all, even though I didn’t fast. I ate small amounts of fish or chicken with vegetables with chilli and everything else,but no rice or noodles or bread or flour products of any kind. I also had a beer each evening. No nibbles of any kind. Loved the food.

This holiday in Europe I ate Worlds best pastries and lovely breads on most days, so I deserved to put on 3 kg. The fasting for the previous 18 months has permanently reduced the size of my stomach and the portions that I want to put in it. I don’t enjoy eating more than my TDEE any more.

My answer about eating all that you want on holidays is NOT if you want to stay slim. I simply don’t choose to eat many of the things I used to enjoy, as I know I will regret it later. They don’t give me enough pleasure.

We were in the situation on the river cruise ship of having twice as much food as we could ever want to eat. I simply stopped going in to lunch, and was moderate in what I chose to eat for breakfast and dinner. No morning or afternoon teas, and no late suppers. We went walking or riding each day rather than sit around.

Hope that answers your questions. Rather than think of it as denial, I think of it as true recognition of real appetite. And not the addiction to sweet things that means you never feel satisfied. After having indulged with the pastries each day, I now have the horrible task of detoxing my body of its sugar cravings. πŸ˜₯

Looking forward to the sugar free challenge. Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Hi Purple and Thin

Hope your questions were answered in the above post. πŸ˜‰ Had I been away any longer, I would have fasted. I was so looking forward to fasting when I got home. And it was easy. I don’t like having a podgy stomach after having been positively slim for the previous 12 months.

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Good morning all, what a beautiful day here in Sydney.

Well didn’t quite make my self-imposed target of somewhere in the 72’s but still over the moon. 73.2. This time last year I was 87.3. Very significant birthday coming up in 25days, can’t believe I will be classified as an old age pensioner. I feel anything but old and even if I do say so myself look considerably younger.

How is everyone else going??

If you’ve got one have a lovely long weekend although some people in the ACT have had two last week and this!!!!

Congratulations Intesha, on such a good year of weight loss.
    Isn’t it weird, getting older. Every time I think I am getting used to it, it surprises me again! So nice that you feel younger than last year!

Long weekend here! It is strange since it is the first time holiday to celebrate the Footy Grand Final weekend. But rather sensible to have a long weekend this end of the year. I am not employed so it doesn’t really effect me.

And it is also a glorious morning in Melbourne!

I am Fasting (I think, I might not be employed but I have a work meeting that might mess with my Fast Day.) But if it isn’t quite a Fast Day I will do another on Sunday, and today will be a ‘nearly fast’, which is a bonus.

Best wishes everyone

Saw this today on facebook…..

“The key to eating healthy?………….Avoid any food that has a TV commercial!”

Kinda true I think!!

Anyhow nice dinner last night….We did not overindulge. We ordered one entree of Kangaroo beetroot salad, one main course of Pork Massaman curry and stir fry green vegies. We shared the meals and honestly we were so full that there was food left on the plates. We went to a new restaurant where the meals are described as Modern Asian. All meals were delicious but definitely modern version of the Massaman. It was three pork spare ribs on a bed of curry paste which you scooped up and put onto the pork served with a shredded salad that consisted of mango as well as cabbage and carrot etc. I had only one piece of the pork. The Kangaroo was cooked with the beetroots and served with buffalo fetta and blueberries with beetroot jus. It was very nice. The stirfry greens had zucchini, onions, and a few other asian vegies of which I am unsure of the names. We decided to have no wine with the meal and water only……the reason was because the cheapest wine was $15 a glass and OH would not pay it!! We shared a bottle when we got home!

Weight today was up a bit back at 76! oh well at least I am not in the 80’s again!!!!

Afternoon, everyone!
    Sounds like a nice night, JJ.

Intesha, yes – we need to look forward, I know. I am studying Counselling and Psychology at the moment, which keeps me entertained.

Well, this morning is that 2 week mark where, if I lost for both the two weeks, I would be a firm believer. Guess what? I have lost 4.6kg in 2 weeks /5 FD! Woo hoo! πŸ™‚

So yes, I am a believer. I find it so hard to grasp that I was back and forth with the weight for the last nearly 3 months, and hadn’t lost anything overall. And that was counting calories and exercising 90minutes everyday. Then in the space of two weeks, the weight starts dropping – even though I am eating a few treats in my normal days, and not exercising to exhaustion everyday (although I do still walk for over an hour a day).

I am feeling confident enough to work out some goals now…

I think it is time for another happy dance! πŸ™‚

Congratulations Naptime, wonderful result. Takes awhile for us to believe even when the results are in front of us.

I still have my treats and I think if you can incorporate them into this WOL you will succeed and not think you are being deprived.

Well done.

JJ belated best wishes for your anniversary.

No loss for me this week, 200gms added, so I’m having the weekend off with rellies staying and will just enjoy life and get back to it on Monday –

JJ – that menu sounds devine!! love the mix of cultures in a dish!

What a delicious meal JJ! And so much more sensible to enjoy wine that didn’t cost $15 a glass!

Naptime! Happy Dance! Great result!
    The fasting seems to d something quite different to the body, doesn’t it!

Nik, enjoy your weekend!

My Fast Day has kept being a Fast Day. And the meeting went so well, I am very happy!

Cheers to everyone!

Great results Intesha – over 15kgs lost and Naptime – you’re a believer now! πŸ˜†

Hi SH,

I am back from a three day fully catered APS conference. I enjoyed the meals but ate carefully and had wine every day – very little sweets, carbs etc. Consequently, I am 2kg heavier. But no sweat. Will just throw in a couple extra FDs and should be back on track again πŸ™‚

I read your posts about the guilt of not answering everyone, and totally agree.
    I wrote the rest of this post on Tuesday, so forgive me :))

aarrgg!!! there were fifteen posts on Tuesday!!! I can’t keep up …..

Firstly hello and welcome to more newbies – Sally, Nudgy. Hope you enjoy this journey, sharing your stories, and stick with us till the ‘bitter’ end and share your joy when you finally get to your goal πŸ™‚

As long as you enjoyed your celebration, Julie – you know that you will get back to that goal weight and achieve even more :). I read that you are well on your way to getting back on track. Well done!!
    I love to hear you going cruising next year and it’s even nicer because you are catching up with your adopted daughter :)) Cruising is on my bucket list – as I have never done that before.

Great clothes buying stories , Intesha (sorry to read about the Millers sale after the fact – how annoying), Naptime and NikT (I have a bunch of clothes like that awaiting me as well)- very motivational.

Hilary, you can do it i.e. get back the resolve. Glad to read your achy muscles have bounced back to normal. but has that get-up-and-go come back yet?

Sally, I also ‘like’ the like button idea. Will try to get around to writing to the administrator. Just read Julie’s response from the administrator – darn!!

Cinque, I feel the same – the days here are beautifully changing – sometimes glittering blue, yesterday ominous dark grey skies – all part and parcel of spring πŸ™‚ Is your garden going well?

Thin, thanks for the update on the others. What have you been up to?
    Have you been getting some wear out of the new tracksuit? I have the same issues with carbs. I am experimenting at the moment and trying to include a little carb each day. so far I have been able to control it well ( except for a couple of stumbles when I overdid the bread). fingers crossed πŸ™‚

Naptime, you are doing so well. I am so happy for you. You are starting to sound so much happier πŸ™‚ This WOL will definitely be a bonus to well-being.

Cinque, I have to work on being like that too – I feel awful not responding to everyone – but truly, sometimes there just isn’t enough time. I suppose I just need to get over myself (it is my own problem naturally πŸ™‚ – no-one
    has told me to write a novel every time I make an entry LOL!! )

Hi Bay, I am also having problems with FDs this week, so I feel your pain πŸ™‚ about being out of whack,

signing off,

Coast

Just couple of extra comments…..
    Congratulations Naptime on your brilliant downward trend and that you are now a believer!! Welcome…

Love your purchasing tactics Intesha
    Your anniversary dinner sounded wonderful, JJ

hello and keep having fun to the rest of you,

cheers,

Coast

I have managed to get back into the groove after a month of disruptions. I still managed to lose 2.4 kgs. The clothes a certainly getting looser. I have noticed with this WOL that I still have the layer of fat under the surface which is nicer while the long term fat is going with the fast days. I have finally got to the overweight stage. Phew! Still 17 kgs to go. This is not a figure I am obsessed about as my body will tell what is the right figure when I get there.

It is hard to get into a routine outside as the weather has gone from polar blast to heat wave in a couple of days. The vegetable garden is starting to spring into action with the summer vegetables coming up. I have put early tomatoes in but there is still the threat of frosts still. I have managed to get the yard watered to cope with the heat wave. One bed is only twelve months old and I have another 2 beds that I have got to plant out. The last beds will be watered with the septic system with another line if that is not sufficient. Hopefully the hot weather will kill the grass making mowing a lot easier. Then I will be ready for the bushfire season again.

Hello from hot and windy Melbourne, the cat and I are inside.
    With other things on my plate at the moment I can only answer nice and personably if I manage to get in when only a few people have posted! (I am trying to write another tricky email, so this is a lovely distraction right now and I might answer everyone before I push my self to concentrate on the big complicated email!)
    Not much chance of further frost here GL (although you never know with Melbourne). A friend gave me a tomato seedling (Doncaster type! Excellent!) so I will plant it once the weather has calmed down. I feel for you in the Wimmera, I hope it isn’t too hot and nasty over the next couple of months.

Congratulations on that wonderful line you crossed to being merely overweight. I think I understand about that nicer layer of fat under neath the outer one.
    Good luck when you get around to shopping. I hope you find some clothes you feel really good in.

Although I really would like to lose all my excess weight really quickly, I think it is better for me, in a lot of ways, to be going slowly. Partly because I want this to be a way of life, and so I don’t want too much stress and hassle involved with it. I am really glad that I am adjusting my normal eating, as a response to fast days…. but I think it is more productive for me to do it in a slow way. I think it allows my brain to adjust, and gut flora and hormones etc. And I am hoping if I can just ease into it, by the time I am ready for maintenance it will not be a big deal.
    Fingers crossed!

And it is true that I need to test it against polar blasts, and heat waves, and busy days, and celebrations and visitors and stress and tiredness and sickness. Learn learn learn!

Hi Coast, even though I can’t often do it, I do really appreciate when people (ie you) make the effort to comment on all the posts. It does make everyone feel included and important. Hopefully I will do enough of it so it balances out between us all.

I hope you can undo those extra kgs from the conference nice and easily. Do you need to unwind first after a conference?

Ok, I am ready to go and write a good, carefully worded, clear and comprehensive email. I hope! Bye all!

Weighed in this morning after my first week of what I thought was successful fasting on Mon & Thu last week and weight is still exactly the same 88.8kg. Very disappointed. I have kept a food diary and thought I was being pretty sensible on non- fast days. Weighing myself at same time / day each week. After reading lots of posts here about the scales going down consistently I had high expectations I admit.

Fasting again today. I hope you all have a good week.

Hi Linda, just ignore the scales on a day like today! I bet you are being sensible. Scales have an evil sense of humour and love to mess with your head. Your body will be doing all its complicated things, and the end result will be lost weight. Plot it on your tracker, if you are doing that, and then forget about it. πŸ™‚

I am sitting up in bed with my cup of tea, and doors and windows open to let the cat out and the cool morning air in!

It is going to be hot today and tomorrow!

I am fasting, and I am very busy. I didn’t have the best sleep and I am not good in the heat. Wish me luck!

Best wishes everyone, I hope you have a good day.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,851 through 6,900 (of 28,015 total)

You must be logged in to reply.