Hello Southern Hemispherites!!

This topic contains 27,897 replies, has 831 voices, and was last updated by  Anzac65 40 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,901 through 6,950 (of 28,001 total)

• Hi Linda, Cinque is right, the body does strange things. Just make sure you take your measurements as that is where you will see the difference even if the scales lie. I lost weight quickly the first few weeks but then plateaued which is even more distressing. I was close to giving up but my clothes told a different story. I am now 35 weeks in and 15kgs lighter. My body has been reshaped and I’m loving it.

Hang in there, this WOL does work. Just keeping reading the posts everyone has a different story and lots of bad days.

Also sitting in bed with the balcony door open and my cuppa.

LindaV, as the others said, try not to focus so much on the scales but the way of eating. That’s easier said than done when we’re starting out as we want encouraging results to keep us motivated.

You say you have 25kgs to lose, so I’m thinking something went wrong that you may not realise. Did you strictly adhere to 500 cals on FDs including all milk in tea, coffee etc? And on the non-FDs did you make sure you didn’t over-compensate, stick within your TDEE (without counting calories) & avoid eating much sugary/fatty foods? If yes to all these questions, it may be that the loss shows up in the days following the day after the FD, there’s often no rationale to the weight loss and it can be erratic.

Thanks for the wise words Cinque, Intesha and Thinatlast you are very inspiring.

I’ve had a good FD today and reviewed my non-fast days last week. I think my calorie intake was way over my TDEE. So this week I’m going to cut out daily capaccino and say no to biscuit barrel at work!

Don’t be TOO hard on yourself LindaV! How about saying ‘no’ to the biscuit barrel and allowing yourself a coffee – maybe scale down to a flat white? That’s what I’d do. Good luck!

Hi SH,
    signing in,

2 consecutive FDs has counter-acted the fully catered conference πŸ™‚
    have let go the 2kg gained. Yayy…….
    back to being .5kg off my first goal!!!!!!
    I have my normal FD scheduled for Wednesday. So who know what will happen.

I know you are way past these posts but had noted these comments back then.

Cinque, thanks for the positive feedback – though I will be limiting my comments from now on as I am bit time poor at the moment. Yes, I am unwinding by having a relaxing NFD today. I had intended to do an FD but it didn’t happen so I just went with it. Hope the email came together πŸ™‚

Exactly what Cinque and Intesha said!!! Linda, if you are keeping to under 500cals on your Fast Days (FD), your body will be doing what it needs to do. Keep up your spirits and give it more time. Just keep on posting and the wonderful people on the forum will keep you motivated.
    As I see Thin did. And then I see you had a bit of a tweak of your NFDs. When something is not working then there is always something that can be changed. Well done.

Hope you are all travelling well.

signing off,

Coast.

Well done Coast for letting hair down a little at the conference, and so quickly getting back to where you started.

I REALLY let my hair down over the weekend, but rather than stand on scales and get down, just did a FD yest, and doing my liquid only day today, and figure with light eating all week, I might just get back to where I was 2-3 weeks ago, but find with 2 big weekends in a row, just maintaining is all I achieve each week… I will have to change something before Dec when things usually become a bit more social. I am so disciplined Mon-Fri, just struggle with weekends.

LindaV – the whole of my 2nd month of fasting, I didn’t loose weight and so I tweeked a few things and found the weight coming off again, so just keep pushing on till you find what works for you. I started with 20kgs to lose and after 5 months, now have about 8kg to go…. but will have to go thru another tweeking session if the current plateaux doesn’t end soon….

Good morning. Ooh it is hot in Melbourne. Total Fire Ban. Windy.
    At least a cool change is coming.

Congratulations on that excellent conference recovery Coast. I was trying to guess what APS stood for. Public Service?

I had a lovely Fast Day yesterday. I also got the difficult email written, and managed a whole lot of sorting out, which I hadn’t been able to do. A huge relief. Life is so much more peaceful when I am organised! But… I am still busier than I want to be. Only for another 10 days though and then it will all start slowing down.

Linda, the biscuit barrel at work. What is going on there? Are they the usual cheap biscuits that don’t even taste that nice?

This hot weather is doing weird things to my head, since I am seeing so much more of my flesh. I am equal parts excited by how much weight I have lost and disappointed by how much saggy baggy I still have. I have a bizarre brain split! Keeps my synapses busy!

Best wishes for a good day!

Hi Nik, your post crossed mine! Best wishes for your liquid only day. In this weather it is about all we need!

Cinque ( and others down south)

I feel for you guys – did this hot, dry, windy weather happen quickly or has there been a build-up over weeks?

must be hard for the gardens.

I am extremely lucky that my body is responding so well to the 5:2 (or 3 πŸ™‚ as sometimes is needed) – but I just love the being aware of what’s going on and being on top of the weight gain straight away so it doesn’t have time. I can now see that in the past I was very neglectful and lazy about managing my weight. It’s all about awareness and mindfulness- for me anyway :).

NikT, you know you can do it – you have done so well so far.

Cinque, APS stands for Aust Psychological Society. I hope knowing that change in how you view me :)) LOL!!! on this forum we are all just here to support and share with each other – some wiser and more experienced than others, but all happy to take part in this WOL.

very nice up here on the Gold Coast, actually has got a bit chillier today but still gorgeous, will go out for a walk soon,
    enjoy your days,

cheers,

Coast

oops, didn’t finish a sentence:
    doesn’t have time to settle around the organs or feel comfortably at home.”

Coast

NikT, I know this isn’t most people’s idea of fun but I fast on Sundays. I’ve done this for 15 months. It has the effect of limiting the damage from excess at the weekend. Not that my weekends are ever that exciting these days but I have the flexibility to switch to Saturday if something comes up – still restricting any over-indulgence to just one weekend day. Something to ponder.

hey all, just letting you know that morning tea time has come around and thank you thinatlast I had a cappuccino ! and have avoided the biscuit barrel here !!

How did you know Cinque that they are cheap boring bikkies?? but they just seem so morish once one starts on them!!

Good morning all SHs.
    Another stinker building up today, but at least the pool is ready and calling me πŸ˜‰
    As regards using this thread….as I said last year, think of it as a local coffee shop. You pop in when you can, join the current conversations and leave. Trying to keep up with the amazing chatter when you aren’t here reduces your time for life.

I must just pop in to the travel conversation. Like you, Bay, we don’t do all day, proper fasts when travelling. We skip many meals, don’t snack (except maybe the scone, jam and cream the other morning in Gunning…but I had no breakfast and a 3pm lunch! πŸ™‚ ) and try to choose wisely from menus. For example, eat the meat/fish and non white veg. Skip entrΓ©es and desserts or even share a couple of entrΓ©es as a meal. Life is for living. Travel is for savouring the flavours of other places, but regret on returning home takes the shine off. That’s why we weigh daily. No sudden surprises.
    I never look forward to fasting, but I know I need it to reset the appetite. Enjoyed the long weekend away, penance today πŸ˜‰
    Have fun people. P

Linda, tell yourself they are “cheap boring biscuits”. You won’t be tempted to eat them, so you’ll never know.

Success in this 5:2 caper is all about mind games.
    Well done. P

Good job LindaV. Morning Purple and all. One day last week when I was lurking, I read a lot of your posts PVE. You’d recommended not eating anything white. I’d been thinking about this and declared to my family last night that I’m going to avoid anything white. It made sense to me because I was thinking of bread, rice, flour, potatoes and pasta – or is that yellow? Should have thought it through before saying it out loud. So, clever teen has a good laugh and fires back that I can no longer have my kefir, yoghurt, almond & coconut milk, milk, leeks, spring onions, parsnips, turnips, suedes (or are they yellow). I’ll keep my 5:2 thoughts to the forum from now on. Purple, you’re blessed with a like-minded OH with the same health goals. Sadly, I just get the eye rolling.

Smart alec family, Thin? πŸ™‚ chicken and fish are white too!
    51 deg in the sun at my clothesline just now! 39 in the shade. Water only. At least with daylight saving I get to wat 1 hour earlier!!!! P

What does Mr P do to keep himself focussed on a FD?

Hey PVE!! You’re back!! – feels like you’ve been gone for ages!!! Hope you’re well and happily maintaining. πŸ™‚

Thin – I find it so darn easy fasting at work, but weekends… can’t even think about it. The weeks I didn’t lose, I gave in and had quite a bit of “white stuff”, so this weekend I’ll try to go back to healthier alternatives. But I’m mulling the idea round in my head… so perhaps I can get myself accustomed to the idea – ta

Have had my evening drinks and feel nice and full now.

Went for first “walk” today after a week of pain free back/leg, so on track to try a little jog in the weekend.

Mr P just doesn’t get hungry. I’ll be tearing the walls down as he arrives home from work, get really cranky preparing our fast meal, while he goes off and gets involved with something else. Mind you, no matter how small, he HAS to have dessert (4 blueberries, 2 tsp homemade yoghurt, a few almond flakes and cinnamon) or he WILL snack later. We are all different. ?
    I’m fine thanks NikT. Just continuing on. You guys don’t need much help any more!!! P

Carry on doing what works best for you NikT. Starting jogging again will make you feel good so it’s good that you’re pain free now.

That’s funny Purple. I couldn’t be bothered opening the fridge for 4 blueberries. As for those white things ….. I love my yoghurt and kefir on nonFDs. We tried a new baked fish dish for a FD meal last week and the flaked almonds really made it special.

Evening, all.
    LindaV, I am a sucker for biscuits…and chips…and cheesecake… How are you going now? Have you had another FD? Or weigh in?

Not such a great FD yesterday. I did ok, but weigh this morning showed a loss of only 300g for FD – and with what I ate on the weekend, I have a long way to go to undo the damage.

I have done so well with my first couple of fasting weeks, but now am finding it difficult to avoid the sweet/junk things on my normal days. I am back to craving chocolate and chips… I had a complete blow out on the weekend. I am thinking of having another fast day tomorrow, just to try and recover a bit.

I don’t know if I can have ‘sometimes’ foods, because as soon as I have something, I crave it the next day, and the day after – but the thought of never having them is daunting.

How is everyone else going? Need some positive stories!

Naptime

Naptime, sugar is addictive and I find FDs much harder after eating rubbish the day before (another reason I have one weekend day designated as a FD; it limits the damage by half). In time, I found that 5:2 shaped what I wanted to eat as well as controlled my portion sizes on nonFDs. It wasn’t a conscious decision, it just happened.

We have years of bad habits to undo, and it takes time. There’s always that tendency to over-compensate for a FD when you first start 5:2, we’ve all done it. I still stuff up now and again, and I always pay for it but there have also been many times this year where I’ve attended a morning tea and just not been interested in foods that I would’ve been mainlining in the past. I’m also over the need to get my ‘fair share’ of food which was a huge hurdle. I hadn’t even realised until someone else mentioned it in another thread.

I haven’t had potato chips or crackers in a year or more – the other day in the supermarket I picked up a packet of salt’n’vinegar crisps which I used to love. I read the ‘nutritional information’, it was only a small packet, not the family size. 1000 calories. When you consider that’s 2 x FD allowances, it puts it into perspective. Just not worth it because, once you start, one packet would never be enough. This is how we got the stage we were at in the first place. We’ve been hoodwinked by food manufacturers.

Just stick with it, try and ignore that little voice I think you have in your head that says this isn’t going to work. It will work for you. Keep going. You can do it.

*we got to the stage, sorry.

For those of you who don’t know my history, I probably should reword my travel advice.
    I was speaking (yesterday in the heat) of travelling as one who reached her healthy goal weight 18 months ago and have been steadily maintaining ever since. I can get away with partial fasts and healthy food choices while travelling.
    However, during the 12 months before that, when I was losing 28kg and Mr P 32, we fasted twice a week, every week and ate below our TDEE on the other days. This included a glass of wine on 5 nights.
    The only exception was a 10 day Xmas trip to Perth where we tried to eat mindfully (Ha!!!) and not fast. My tracker shows a 2kg increase in weight that took 3 weeks to lose….the only rise on my graph during that year!
    So, if you are still overweight, you cannot afford to skip fasts.Keep the end goal in mind. Once at goal, you can be far more flexible, but forever mindful.
    I hope this clears it up. Nice cool weather today…off for a walk.
    Cheers P ?

Good morning. It is lovely to have a fresh, cool day. Most of the fires are under control, and fingers crossed they all will be soon.

Linda I am psychic! Who else would have guessed that the biscuit barrel at work would have cheap boring biscuits πŸ˜‰

Laughed about the white food! O dear there is always exceptions. When someone said don’t buy any food that is advertised, I thought: this week we are advertising our healthy food project as hard as we can!
    And there are good things in all colours, even blue!

PVE I can really relate to your hubby needing that little dessert as a full stop to his meal. I am going to make something similar (yoghurt mixed with a few rolled oats and cinnamon, with strawberries) tonight and see if my friend who is visiting likes it. She says she never eats dessert, tends not to eat through the day much, but was complaining that once she eats in the evening she can’t stop. We will see what she thinks!

Nik I hope you are still in painfree bliss after walking!

Nap I had to completely give up all those sweet things, they make me feel poisoned (I should get my doctor to check out my liver) but even things like pasta or my yoghurt and strawberries, will set off that imperative hunger that is so self defeating.
    I am playing around with having them only the day before a Fast, so that hopefully the Fast Day breaks the train of weird brain signals, or whatever it is.
    However, at the same time, I am trying to figure out if the more refined carbs, eaten the day before, make Fast Day more difficult.
    Tomorrow will be my scientific test! I will let you know how I go!

Good heavens, 9 am already. Must get doing! Cheers everyone!

Morning, all. Cooler here today as well, which is nice. It has even started to look like rain -and I am about to hang out the last load of washing, so it will start anytime after that, I’m sure!

Thanks for the support, Thin and Cinque. Thin, I will try that next time – look at the cals and put it in that type of contest.

I am thinking I may have to give the sweet things up completely, Cinque, as I can’t seem to limit myself. I am enjoying I can let go a little, but if I can’t limit myself, it might be the only way. I do love the idea of having it the day before FD, so the FD breaks the cravings. That could be a worthwhile attempt and see if it helps. How is it working for you so far?

Extra FD today. Found a wonderful thing. The Almond milk (Almond Breeze, is the brand) has an unsweetened vanilla and it is gorgeous! Less calories than the almond and coconut one (42 cals/250mls off hand), and guess what? IT FROTHS! Woo hoo, I had a cappucino on a FD (counting the extra mls/cals over a flat white)!

Struggling with what to eat, as I have been having two big bowls of salad every FD and need a wee break from the salad, I think. I might make a miso soup, or something. Any other ideas?

I read someone put noodles in their miso soup. But the only noodles I have found are high in cals – what noodles are low in cals?

Well, time to get moving and make it look like I did something while OH was at work…!

Hi Naptime, Maybe you could give up sugar for a month? That is likely to work a lot better than giving yourself a life sentence. Then you can try all sorts of ways to see how you can look after your health, and also treat yourself.

For example, after the month of abstinence, you might give yourself one day a week when you can eat one fabulous sweet thing. That way you can get the pleasure of deciding which of all the wonderful sweet things you will eat this week. Which kind. Look for the absolute most best and wonderful example. Maybe a huge thing! And while you eat it you will enjoy every morsel. And for the rest of the day you will relive how delicious it was. And then you start planning for the next week!

That sort of structure will probably make it clear which things effect you badly, and how.

This is my way of saying, work out a way that isn’t punishment and loss.

Re the miso, if you can find buckwheat noodles, I bet they would be a good one in the soup! http://www.livestrong.com/article/361268-are-soba-noodles-healthy/

PS Sorry f this sounds rude and selfrighteous. Writing in a hurry! (Hope that doesn’t mean it is my true nature coming out :0 )

Naptime the noodles that have been recommended by our weight loss gurus are called Slendier noodles, they are only 8-10cals per 100gms. After you have been on this WOL for awhile you will find that your body adjusts and no longer will be able to eat as many sugary things as previously. I actually find that I feel sick now if I eat too many sugary things but I still have them and regret it afterwards.

Had my monthly weigh and measure at the gym this morning and the trainer couldn’t believe the difference in 5 weeks. I have lost 3.2kg and a massive 22.5cms. 4 from bust, 7 waist, 5 stomach, 3.5 hips and the rest from arms and thighs. So since end of January I have lost 70cm. This does work and I am feeling so good.

Thin who would have believed this when I was moaning and groaning all those months ago and about to give up. Thank you to all for keeping me focused.

Naptime, thanks for the Almond Breeze tip – I can’t wait to find that as I do love my Rancillo coffee machine. In return, I offer you konnyaku noodles for your soups. Japanese noodles found at the Asian grocer, almost no cals and very filling. You can buy them tied up in cute little ribbons or in a block like tofu.

I’d love to try a sugar free challenge Cinque – seems daunting to me because just about everything seems to contain sugar in one form or another. I bought the book but haven’t done anything about it.

Intesha, you beat me to it and our posts crossed. So happy for you! I wish I could see what you look like now. Naptime, those Slendier noodles are the commercial version of the konnyaku noodles. They have good recipes on their website Slendier.com but you can find the same noodles for less money at your local Asian shop.

I was just going through some old posts, and saw that JJ had written about the konnyaku noodles – and was just going to write and ask where I get them, so you answered my question, thank you:-).

Great news, Intesha on the measurements! Well done! And good to hear that sugar will be gradually not as appealing to me – any ideas how long??

Cinque, I appreciate the idea of having one sweet thing a week – the idea of a whole month of abstinence seems so hard! Anyone else done that?

Well, I am off to have my first attempt at miso soup. Wish me luck!

Good luck from me Nap! It is made and eaten? I do hope it was delicious.

You’ll have to go for the one sweet thing a week!
    But it is so fine for me, because I have found there are so many delicious things still to eat. (I do miss things at times of course!)

It sure is true that there seems to be sugar in everything, and now I have cut out high sugar foods I can’t believe how sweet carrots and onions are!

I am looking forward to fasting tomorrow!

Hi SH,

Had a couple of FDs Monday and Wednesday and semi-FD on Tuesday as I haven’t been well.
    Sneezing, chesty cough, sore throat – going to bed really early (which probably was a good thing).

Consequently I have reached my first target!!!!!
    8.5kgs let go since 010815.
    29.5cm off curves. Woo Hoo!

I am very happy as I have also been eating some carbs on my NFDs, as per my plan – seems to be working ok. Slow but sure downward trend πŸ™‚

I will now reward myself (according to my plan) and let you know which I chose. my next target is another 5kg.
    Thanks for all the chatter; the new tips; re-visiting the old tips – reminds me I have 2 unopened konnyaku noodles in the fridge – do you think they are still ok?

May all the FDers keep focused and maintainers keep enjoying the WOL,

signing off,
    Coast

Fantastic effort Coast. Hope you are feeling better soon. This WOL must be making a huge impact in people’s lives and the forums are spreading the word. It’s like a whole new religion!!!!!?

Nap the sugar cravings just seem to disipate there is no magic formula or timeframe. If you continue to follow the guidelines it will happen and as you continue to lose you start feeling guilty (well I did) I remember saying way back when that I was almost too scared to eat as the weight was coming off do consistently LOL. It’s all mind games.

FD for me today 73.1 this morning.

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning, sun through light cloud, a nice day ahead.
    Fast Day.
    Having my coffee.

So sorry you got the dreaded lurgy Coast, but there’s a bonus! if it took you the quick way to your target! Woot!

Intesha, I agree how amazing that one little fact – that our bodies work better with a couple of days of light fasting – can make such huge differences to lives. So grateful to have it in my life!

How did everyone go today? How have the latest FD been for everyone?

I had an extra day of fasting this week (yesterday) and feeling pretty good about it. I am wondering about doing 4:3 for a while, as it seems to be doable. I might get sick of fasting so much, but am happy to try it for a while. Is this a silly thing to do?

My miso soup went really well- thanks for the input with it everybody. I need to find an Asian shop near here, so I can get the konnyaku noodles to put into it.

I haven’t weighed this week since my not so great weekend- so will weigh on Saturday and see how I went with three FD – but not being really good in between.

I am glad the desire for unhealthy food will eventually pass. I always feel terrible after eating it (usually emotionally, not physically) – but I still eat it. How do I say no when we (OH and I) go to the shops and see the yummy sweet things and/or the chips, and OH says something like ‘you have been so good, you can’t be too strict, one packet won’t hurt’? I am so spineless, I see it all and just cave. How do I strengthen my resolve, yet not feel like I am missing out?

Definitely no rhythm or reason to this WOL. FD yesterday 73.1, this morning 73.2. It is disappointing but from where I’ve come this is still amazing. It’s all about belief and commitment. I think I may be plateauing as 73 has been a constant for about two weeks.

Still going to wear that size 12 dress tomorrow and that is my proof.

Happy Friday everyone.

Should be rhyme not rhythm!!!

Hi everyone,
    I had an unusual Fast Day yesterday. I didn’t manage to eat before I went to a meeting (a lovely one! lots of exciting ideas for my food project!) and when I came home it was nearly midday and just seemed too late to eat porridge!
    So I had my soup then.

For my evening meal I had left over felafel and tahini sauce, salad and a piece of pita bread. Absolutely no idea how many calories, but it felt like a small meal, I felt like I fasted ok, and I feel good this morning. I think I am implementing a very free wheeling Fast regime.

I don’t have to go out today! So happy! I have been going flat out all week and it is bad for my health. Still too much to do today, but at least I can just potter around getting things done in my own time.

Oh dear I am nearly out of food. I might have to go out after all!

Anyway I hope all the Southern Hemispherites are waking up to a good day. Cheers to the Fasters, I hope it is an easy, enjoyable one!

Nap have fun experimenting with 4:3. I have done it a couple of times, just because I felt like it!

Swish that size 12 dress Intesha!

Morning fellow fasters – I fasted well this week and lost 900g, so happily sitting at 77.4kg.

Nap – I’m doing more than 2 FDs a week, and started in Aug, thinking I’d ride the wave while I was still enthusiastic, and it’s still going strong… so I just keep thinking, worst case I can always drop back to 5:2 but I so want to get rid of the bulk… I know the big challenge is going to be keeping it off!! If you decide to add in an extra day, will be interested to hear how it goes.

Last night I found my favourite jeans brand won’t be stocked any more at my local Farmers shop…. 50% discount… unfortunately no styles that (I liked that) fit my new in-between shape, but I took a huge leap of faith in myself, and purchased one of only 2 pairs of the boot-leg jeans that was in a 12. I could get them on but not do up… and as I dream of being a 12, thought it would be a crying shame to finally get there and not be able to get a pair of my favourite jeans….. I don’t usually purchase ‘in anticipation’ but here goes! So hopefully in a few months time I can report a wise investment. (and as OH remarked … I still don’t have a pair that fit me now… so I will have to be creative for another month or two!!).

Well done Coast on your loss and although a little disappointing Intesha, everything will balance out, and perhaps its your measurements changing while your weight recalibrats etc etc, and the smiles that accompany your size 12 dress are hopefully enough to forget any disappointment πŸ™‚

Tonight I will attempt a little jog to check if body is happy, then hopefully get myself back to 3 times a week slowly over a few weeks.

This weekend I aim to keep eating more in check!! (Hopefully don’t get tempted by OH’s Cheese Rolls)

How’s everyone else done this week?? Have a great weekend everyone!

Kia ora folks from New Zealand. I’ve just joined the programme and love knowing there’s a whole lot of other gals out there like me! It is hard, but I am determined to do it.

Welcome Bonny … where in NZ? What are your goals and how long have you been fasting – what inspired you to do 5:2??

Hi Nik, Welcome Bonny!

Nik I am so glad you bought those jeans! What a lovely prize they will be when you get down to size 12.

I am a sucker for purchasing ‘in anticipation’, although mainly from Op Shops so it isn’t quite such an investment. Every now and again I go through everything and am so excited when something fits me, and then other things… not yet, and other things… do I really think I will ever get in that? Oh well, I say, I will keep it a bit longer and see!

Just cooking some lovely nutty brown rice, and then my delicious chicken and vegetable casserole, so I have food in the fridge and freezer again.

I hope everyone is eating something delicious, whether it is a little Fast Day meal, or a sensible normal day meal!

Hello everyone…….
    Well I am still here but have been so busy with everything happening. Bathroom and toilet renos as well as office work and meetings for our business. OH going away again as of next week so it will be full on for me being left with all of it on my own.

With all the meetings at cafes etc I have not lost any weight but can say I have not put any more on still!! Today a meeting at the Swedish Cafe we love and had to have a wonderful swedish prawn dish for lunch that is my special treat.

I still need to loose 6kg but am finding it hard at the moment.

I have read through some of the posts and gee there are heaps!!!!

Glad to see that some of the new ones are finding konyaku as well.

As of Monday my Japanese daughter will arrive home from her world travels and she is a fitness freak so I will be under her guidance for a few weeks!!

There is not much else to report as nothing much has changed for me. Catch up again later…….JJxx

Hi JJ,
    It is hard to do anything but survive when so much is happening. I do hope you can get to the end of hecticness pretty easily, and with your health intact! It sounds like your daughter will keep things rocking!
    Best wishes!

Hi Nic / Folks – I’m doing 1.30pm until 1.30pm – fits with our school break and as holidays are over tomorrow, this should work well. And as one sleeps for 6-8 hours, helps to get rid of ‘time’. Big walk this morning, but so windy, at this rate NZ will blow away.

I had the oats this morning, pleasantly surprised. Had cranberries on them…yummy!

Onwards ….and ‘downwards’

Hi Nik – I’ve just hit 60 and I know I’m overweight (there I’ve said it) and I want to live a bit longer (had cancer but good 10 years). An Australian girlfriend sent me the book last year, and I’ve just read it! Head space is right …finally.

I live about 60kms west of Dunedin in the South Is, on a farm next to a gorgeous lake. It’s Thornicroft Station on Lake Mahinerangi if you Google Maps it.

Where are you???

Naptime, you’re not spineless. See if you can get OH to read the book. Does he need to lose weight or could he benefit from fasting for health reasons? Even if he doesn’t want or need to fast, getting family support is really important and is something I’ve struggled with. My OH who’s very slim did agree to fast with me and kept it up for 11 months which was more than I ever hoped for. It took me a long time to get over him having something that I couldn’t have without the feeling of ‘missing out’. I’ve completely turned that thinking around now to ‘it’s your insulin’ if you want to put that in your mouth. The thing is that, yes, one packet WILL hurt because sugar is addictive. There’s nothing wrong with the occasional planned treat but you do need the support of OFMs and everyone’s health will benefit from reduced intake of processed foods. Stick to your resolve, you’ll feel so much better for it. And in time, you just won’t want the same foods.

Hi everyone!! After a 7min slow jog last night, I jogged/walked up my favourite hill this morning and managed to last 1hr, with no ill effects, so will rest tomorrow and then restart my usual sessions next week, but adjust times to slowly get back to where I was – so, one well happy camper here!!

Bonny – We also have mega wind today, and live to the South of you… my fav hill is Bluff Hill :). I was technically “obese” when I started this journey (BMI talk) but am very happy now to be “overweight” – so very happy, and the day I hit “healthy” weight, you’ll be hearing my squeals of excitement in Oz!!!!

JJ – hope you have a great time with your daughter arriving.

Cinque – glad to know there’s someone else out there like me with big plans and great optimism. I’ve folded up my jeans on a shelf in my wardrobe so I can see them, but won’t be touching for a few months.

I’ve seen the AB’s rugby result, but OH has made me keep off all radio/tv today, as poor man’s tv has only just started broadcasting, so we’ll be having a few drinks and healthier snacks in a few mins as we settle down to watch it.

Hey Thin! I find the complete bugger with OH doing the fasting that he has gone back to his completely bad eating/drinking habits in the weekend.. seconds etc… but with 2 FDs a week he can easily stay at his goal weight, so really good for him, but not good for me with food envy!!

ok – the AB’s are up! keeping on keeping on everyone πŸ™‚

NikT, that’s what happened with my OH, he quickly lost too much weight so went to 6:1 almost immediately. Then he would have to eat extra cals on nonFDs; he’d head straight to the kitchen for a big fry up after a FD.

Welcome Bonny, hi everyone else.

I’m sitting at the computer with my hair slathered with henna and a cute purple showercap on top that looks like a puppy. Yes! Really!

I woke up at 2am this morning remembering an important thing I had forgotten to do. I managed to doze a bit afterwards, and to sort out what I could do fix the mistake, but Oh dear I hope I can sleep tonight. Insomnia is an ongoing problem so I will take just a little medication.

I also remembered that I never thanked Coast for clearing up that she wasn’t at the Australian Politicians Society Conference! I love psychology!

So I have just wafted through the day doing what I can (luckily it included henna, as it was due!).

I am trying to work out what days to Fast this week. It is a very busy week! I think I will try tomorrow. Get one done and then see what would work for the next one. I could even wait for next Saturday if I had to.

I’m not prepared to go for a walk with the purple puppy shower cap on, so I might try a little one after dark (after I have washed the henna out!), to give me a bit of movement before sleeping.

Thin I love the way you have turned your thinking around. I had that same thing of hating to miss out, especially missing a treat. But somehow my thinking has changed. Time is a good teacher.

Bonny have you begun your fast? Are you half way through it? I hope it has been a good day.

Nik I am glad you are able to get gently back to exercising!

I’m looking forward to the Saturday Crack Up (ABC TV). I will have to tape it while I am washing my hair and walking up to the corner and back!

See you later!

Viewing 50 posts - 6,901 through 6,950 (of 28,001 total)

You must be logged in to reply.