Hello Southern Hemispherites!!

This topic contains 27,907 replies, has 831 voices, and was last updated by  thinatlast 5 days, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 5,551 through 5,600 (of 28,011 total)

• Wine would be better! It makes everything better! But I will do as instructed P. Can I drink some wine then????

I’ll have another one for you. I fast tomorrow. 😉

tomorrow you can CM. As the song goes, “tomorrow, tomorrow, I’ll luv ya tomorrow. You’re only a day away”…

Gee thanks P…and also for the song EA. Soups almost finished & vegemite standing by. Thanks, you guys certainly took my mind off fasting this aftn…had a “whale” of a time (pun intended!). Must get down to Albany soon, would love to see some. CM xx

The vegemite goes in for the cooking! Quick….

Yes Chef!

Whoa, while I’ve been drinking peppermint tea and making my casserole, look how much fun I’ve been missing. Fine PVE, drink your wine, watch your whales, taunt us too – while we starve over here. It’s character building eh, CM and EA? Tomorrow, we’ll all be on here PVE getting you back, te he.

It’s only one item that’s a size 10 EA, most are still 12s. You’ll be with me before you know it.

Well YOU chose to buck the system. ..Mon/Thurs fast days !

True, but so happy I’ve found some fasting buddies on a Wednesday now.

Success! Its vegemitely delicious…now I just have to remember what I chucked into the pot so I can make it again! Vegemite & curry, strangely tasty. P, you need to apply for Masterchef!

Thin, you need to learn to multi-task & get a computer in the kitchen!

Thank my vegan son. He is an imaginative cook, CM.
    Glad it worked…it always does! Enjoy. Very low cal, and very satiating. P

I did have the laptop in the kitchen CM but I was fixed on the recipe. Next time I’lll keep checking here too. I seem to have missed the vegemite thing – must be on the previous page. Mine’s smelling very yummy now. Gotta go!

Don’t worry Thin, I’ll be miserable tomorrow lol. Nooooo, must not have that mind set. Tomorrow is going to be a brilliant fast day. I am going to not be cold and lethargic, I will have oodles of energy and get my house spotless before enjoying my dinner that evening. Positive thinking.

I sometimes do a fast on a Wednesday but fit it in where ever. I’m actually thinking of switching Monday to a Tuesday as I always seem to be tired after the weekend. I love the flexibility of this WOL.

Well OH loved it and so did I. Put a dollop of yoghurt on top, dialled up the chilli and a squeeze of lemon, some sliced spring onions & coriander. Really delish. Certainly didn’t taste like a FD dish.
    Glad your’s was yummy too Thin. See you Friday. CM xx

I always use a dollop of yoghurt if I overdue the chilli. Glad you enjoyed it. Fast day food should be yummy and sustaining. Nothing miserable about it. Flavour and texture us the key. 🙂

Think I’m going to get me some of that happy soup tomorrow to have with my salmon. xxxx

Mine was a big hit with the family too. The whole house smells great.

Celebrating a new PB, 62.0 kgs with a delicious frothy, hot coffee. PVE, I’ll let you know what else I’m having as the day unfolds. Just kidding, have a super FD. 😉

Give it your best Thin! You’ll only strengthen my resolve 😉 And well done on the PB.!!!!!
    P

Well done Thin. And enjoy that coffee. I’m on my first hot water with lemon for the day. But the fire is aglow and I have decided that I am going to have a fabulous fast day, filled with warmth, energy and a clean house by the end of the day. Time will tell ha ha.

Have a good fast day Purple and everyone else eating less today.

Terrific attitude both of you! And thanks.

Hi bayleafoz I’ve only recently clocked that you are in Canberra. I lived there for nearly five years working in Hansard. It was a most amazing job, sometimes hugely stimulating and other times a real grind! I actually liked the very odd hours we kept but it meant you didn’t have a life away from your colleagues as an ‘expat’. Lucky for me I worked with fabulous people and had a small tight knit group of friends. I shared a house with a ‘girl’ who had two dogs and a cat and my dog Freya the red border collie x was top dog!! Apparently shed signal the other two to race up to the back fence and bark like crazy at walkers (we lived at the foot of mt ainslie). She was the good girl who stayed on the patio!!!
    Anyway I’ve still got my bunch of friends and visit every couple of years. I will let you know if I’ve strip coming up … Won’t be for w while says my bank!!
    Tomorrow morning I shall be meeting up with the perth girls and am really looking forward to it.
    Just noticed the time and must off. Have a great day, all. X

Hi Freya

Would be good to catch up some time when you’re out East. Hansard would have been both boring and fascinating. Especially when some right spark wants to change the intent of what he said. 😉

Cheers, Bay 🙂

I think we have enough ‘right sparks’ in Parliament already, Bay!

Well done Thin, you keep us on the straight and narrow.

FD for me today. I do Tuesday/Thursday. 78 still this morning, so pleased with that. My lowest weight in recent times, 2012, was 77.6. I still haven’t been told by anyone that I am looking thinner. I’ve been told I look well, after the traumas of the last few years but nobody has acknowledged the weight loss. Come on summer and the close fitting clothes.

Still haven’t eaten anything.

Well done Thin. I haven’t seen my PB for a while. Must get serious after Winter. See if I can create a new PB over Summer. Congrats to you. Bay 🙂

Woohoo, Thin & Intesha, more PBs. How long ago was it Intesha, that you said you’d NEVER get below 80? You stuck with it and now you’re staring down the barrel of a 77! Don’t worry about nobody noticing – same here – its our clothes. They fit chicks 7-10kg heavier than we are now. Just wait for summer!

Thin, this has just got to be psychological mind-bending stuff! As soon as you announce “maintenance” you drop! Amazing and you too are “barrel gazing”….but at 61! I have to catch up!! Blimey this WOL is amazing and all you guys continue to keep me motivated & on the straight and narrow – you’re all stars. Thanks.

Post-cruise PB for me this morning…yay! Must have been the vegemite & lentil soup!! Still have to lose .9 to get back to pre-cruise weight. Almost there.

Have a great day fasters. CM xx

5pm. Have only had a protein shake plus teas, water and coffee today. Have been cold all day, although it has been a little chilly here in Sydney. I think I read somewhere years ago that being cold was good for losing weight as your body had to work harder to keep you from freezing to death!!!!!

Looking forward to my chicken stir fry. How are all the other fasters going. EA did you cope okay today?

Hi Intesha, well done. I am usually cold on fast days but today have been warm. I made sure the fire was hot and did a bit of housework and ironing so have moved for most of the day. Yes, I have also heard that exercising in the cold makes you lose more calories than exercising in the heat as your body has to work harder. So we have chosen a good time to start the 5:2!

Enjoy your chicken stir fry. I am having salmon tonight and am going to take a leaf out of Purple and CM’s book and have soup. I found that on Monday I couldn’t finish my veggies as it was too much so will make them into a thick soup to go with the salmon and see if that helps. I also watched a program years ago that if you make your dinners into soups, you lose more weight than by eating them whole. Don’t know how true it is.

Looking forward to dinner time but got another pesky headache.

CM – my peasant bread turned out okay but I only got to have a little bit because I didn’t finish baking it until late in the evening so just had a taste and couldn’t eat any today. My sugarless apple crumble was good too. The apples made it sweet enough and the kids didn’t notice. Bonus.

Roll on dinner time. I hope everyone else has had a good day.

Dead right Intesha. Just got back to Sydney…freezing wind.
    Thin, no food at all since last night…24 hours. Gobbling down a very light salad (mostly lettuce) as it was quick and easy after driving all afternoon. Thanks for hassling me this morning 😉 P

Hi Thursday Fasters, and everyone else:-) from Wollongong where it’s very very windy and the wind is freezing cold .

FD for me and OH. Usually we food shop together, but today I did it on my own. Usually we don’t do it on a FD either! Anyway, got a bit tired, and as OH needed to do other stuff, I made dinner. Usually on a day like today, OH would get Chinese – we share 1 meal, prawns with veggies, and he has his with plain rice- but we both ended up busier and me on go slow mode and tired. Anyhoo….It was up to me, so the food shop hasn’t been put away, only the cold things in the frig, and we had……..Purple’s Spicy Fast Day Soup!!!

The left over veggies and left over tomato saucy stuff we had with zucchini pasta last night went in the pot with a vegetarian fish stock cube, yep, you read that right, water, some extra microwaved low GI veggies, garlic, salt and pepper, curry powder, chilli paste, chopped coriander stalks, lime juice, and even a bit of vegemite! Did the fast thaw thing in the microwave with some frozen fillets of Alaskan Pollock ( from Aldi and 62 cals/100gms) and chopped them upa bit and put in the soup. Bit of coriander leaves on top. Wow! It was great, didn’t take long, the kitchen’s a mess cause I ditched the clean up as I go thing. But the soup was really good. The spiciness made me eat it slower, and as you said Purple, the spiciness makes you feel like you’ve eaten more! Will do this again!

I’m actually really chuffed because I’m not a cook at all, and It was really easy to do. Having the left over veggies and the tomato saucy stuff made it easy, also, rather than starting from scratch.

Thanks heaps Purple! Great FD meal solution 🙂
    Cheers,
    Merry

The soup sounds great Merry. Well done. I also took a leave out of Purples book and had soup but it wasn’t as fancy as yours. It was literally cauliflower, broccoli and carrot boiled up with a bit of water and added pepper. Actually, it was more like mushed up baby food, it was so thick, but easier to eat than a plate full of veggies. The salmon and avocado on the side was beautiful. Soup is certainly a warmer upper. I was going to have an apple for pudding but my tummy is so warm inside I’m not sure I want to now.

How did the chicken stir fry go Intesha? Have you warmed up yet?

Enjoy your meet up tomorrow WA.

Soup is hardly my invention, but glad to remind everyone! Chopped celery and bok choy give it a crunch if you add them late and include the bok choy base.
    Quantity, flavour and texture are the keys to satisfaction. Also visual appeal, so include a variety of colours in any dish. Good, tasty, warming, satisfying food can easily be low cal.
    Keep warm everyone. P

Hi EA, the stir fry was great. I eat very simply, I’ve gotten out of the habit of being creative. Living on your own for so long and working tended to quash the creative side. Now that I have time I can’t be bothered.

New PB this morning, my eyes nearly fell out of my head, 77.4, 300gms off 10kg loss. Thank you, thank you my forum friends for making me believe I could do this. I’m still in awe of the whole WOL but proof is in the pudding (or not) I’m absolutely amazed. I think being cold all day yesterday might have burned some extra kgs.

Now hopefully the measurements will reflect this.

Excellent! Well done Intesha 🙂

Fantastic news Intesha. Very happy for you. We knew all along you could do it; congratulations for sticking it out because I’m finding out that not everyone can do this. Not long til your family arrives and they’ll be gobsmacked. Maybe start getting in the mindset for how to manage yourself while they’re here so you don’t undo all this effort.

Glad you girls had a great FD yesterday, I read your posts but didn’t have time to add one. PVE, glad to be of assistance, ha ha. 😆 You’re raising the bar with these 24 hour FDs. BTW, yesterday for fun, I tried to name all the purple veggies I could think of – how many can you guys name? I only got about six.

EA, sounds like you coped well too – hope the headache didn’t linger, what’s the result on the scales today? Sorry you can’t join us today (it’s not too late to change your mind – I’ll buy you an HC if you come!)

Thanks everyone for your encouraging words yesterday. I had to make a presentation and I was really nervous about it as I’m no public speaker. The one aspect that made me feel so much more confident in getting up there was that I felt very comfortable in my own skin at 62kgs. That’s a wonderful feeling.

Looking forward to seeing the Perth losers shortly. Any lurkers out there, please come and surprise us at Bookcaffe, 10.30am South Perth.

Yay! New PB this morning at 72.3, and I’m super happy to finally get under my short term goal of 72.5 🙂

Hi Purple, yeah, we know you didn’t invent soup, but, giving that list of extra ingredients to add to vegie soup for a FD spicy warm up feel like like you’ve eaten more than you have on a cold day thing, including the the bit of vegemite while it’s cooking, was just what some of us needed. Blinkin obvious afterwards but I would never have done it without your well timed posts. So thank you! it’s set to be known as PSFDS in this house at least. Instead of not knowing what to do when I was tired, I just looked in the fridge for leftovers- veggies, tomato stuff and half a lime, and went from there, following your directions. And it was so good.

69.9 will do very nicely as my next short term goal. Now I want to see that 6!

Cheers
    Merry

Wow Intesha! Well done. I remember when you started and didn’t think you’d even see a 7. You are doing so well, and your confidence is growing:-)

Thin, well done yesterday! Amazing way of life. 🙂

Merry, they call it “allotment soup” in England. Basically anything you happen to grow on your allotment.
    Thin, the name came out of making purple vegetarian food for a birthday party! It included blueberries too. 🙂 It IS surprising how many purple veg are around these days 🙂

Official weigh in. Have lost another 10cms overall. She measured my hips twice she couldn’t believe I’d lost 2.5cm in a month. 2.10kg and another .78 body fat. Not bad.

Intesha, thanks for the thanks, but YOU did this girl. We know there were some tough days for you, but it’s amazing what you can do with being able to share your journey, a little support & the occasional bum-kick!!! I’m so grateful to everyone on this forum too! Getting over that 80 hump seems to have done the trick. You go girl!

Yay Merry! Another PB & getting creative in the kitchen too! Purples soup tips struck again! Sounds like you’re feeling a bit better?? 69 is just around the corner!

Everyone is doing so well, I just love this WOL.

Glad yesterday went well, Thin. See you Perth Losers soon! CM xx

Well done Merry. We all seem to be on the downward spiral.

Hi all. Well we’re at the cafe now. Having a lovely time & we all wanted to say hi. We missed you EA. They have peanut butter hot chocolate, which made us think of you. Oh well, maybe next time. Freya is a lovely lady & we will all meet again soon. Thin is looking terrific too! CM xx

Hello CM, Thin and Freya. I’m glad you had a lovely morning. I was thinking of you all. It’s a shame I’m in woop woop but will get to meet one day. Peanut butter HC? Now, there’s something I’ve not heard of before.

Thin – I am so happy to read that you feel comfortable in your own skin. That is wonderful and so important. I weighed in today at 67.4 kilos so now comfortably sitting in the 67’s after being 67.95 before. I’m hoping to go down into the next kilo every week so aiming for 66.something next week.

Intesha – well done you on your weight/inches loss. I bet you are over the moon. I am so happy for you.

And well done to you too Merry. Exciting stuff.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Hi everyone I had the best morning with thin and Charlie’s mum … The conversation was fun and very warm. Exactly how it is online in fact! Thanks to you both. I know we’ll do it again. I had a lovely walk with Merlin afterwards in the perfect late morning sunshine. As much as anything he was with me today because we’d had an emergency trip to the vet last night after I found him staggering in the driveway …. Exhaustive tests showed nothing wrong so I’m watching him closely or at least keeping him close. that took care of this weeks pay!!!
    After all that today has been one for food. Good pork sausages and stir fry onion and cabbage with lots of olive oil is dinner tonight. I made a cheesecake this afternoon with very little sugar to take to dinner at friends’ place tomorrow night. It’s very sad that I have to give up my dessert queen crown if I want to live a long healthy life … I do love dessert. But I think will love being slimmer and on no drugs even better. It’s the short term ‘reward’ you get so easily with food that poses the strongest challenge. Definitely being in this team and sharing the wins (yes, the losses!) helps to stay motivated and eye on the prize as they say. Other people’s success is really motivating. And perhaps the recognition that we need to stay vigilant from here on in is also pretty motivating. As is the science behind fasting. Bless our bodies whether slender now or still squishy for all they work hard to acknowledge the better choices were making and heal themselves. Sometimes I think my body and I are two different entities! Yay to Friday’s off and lovely new friendships. Enjoy the weekend southern hemispherites. X

Freya, why didn’t you tell us this morning that the beautiful Merlin was unwell?? We definitely would have relocated so he could have been with us all the time. That’s really naughty! Consider your hand slapped!! Anyway, I hope he’s been ok for the remainder of today. It’s hard when they can’t tell us where it hurts.
    That is in contrast to OH. When I called him as we were leaving the cafe, I found him at the doctor’s surgery getting stitches in his leg and going for x-rays! Long story short, he is fine, although now has 8 stitches in his shin & luckily nothing broken. Asked why he didn’t call me & he said he didn’t want to interrupt our coffee morning!! He’s a pretty good egg….but don’t tell him I said that!!! Have a wonderful Saturday all you wonderful losers!! Nurse CM xx

It must be the cold weather. New PB 77, have now lost 10kg since 1st February.

Thin, my daughter is very health conscious and does body combat classes so I don’t think I have to worry too much about my eating habits while she is here. I have found a place nearby where she can continue her training. We might have the odd treat especially with the grandchildren but I don’t think there will be any major issues.

Freya loved reading your blurb.

CM, hope OH is okay, it must be lovely catching up with people who are on the same path as you and being able to discuss all the ups and downs.

What a great way to start my day; hot frothy coffee and a catch up of the posts. Intesha, you’re hot. Woohoo, 10kgs. What a milestone for you. Have you updated your profile? That’s half a kilo a week on average and all the while enjoying your cake at high tea. What a life! Where to next for you?

CM – oh no, is OH alright? What happened? Poor guy. And FT, I hope Merlin’s alright today. (our fighting fish is called Merlin). I was really sorry to read that because I think you did actually mention that you’d been to the vet and the conversation didn’t come back to it what with all the rapid chatter about coconut oil, insulin, dog breeding, kefir, bariatric surgery, etc. We would have happily moved to a dog-friendly cafe. Really lovely to meet you and yes, we’ll do that again. Can’t believe how fast three hours went by…… you’re so right about the short term gains of food. The pleasure is so short-lived. Last night, my junk-food deprived family really wanted pizza so I gave myself a talking to ahead of time that I would eat slowly and only have two slices. I succumbed to three but considering OH had 8 in the same space of time (yep, I was counting) I felt quite pleased. Paying the price for eating bread this morning (albeit only 200 gms) but tomorrow’s a FD and normally I’d be up a kg after eating pizza.

EA, you were talked about so please join us next time. No word from JJ? Freya’s put her email address on her profile so if you want to drop her a line, that’d be a way of making contact with CM and me too.

Thanks Merry and congratulations on your new PB. Well done.

Hey everyone, my goodness it’s a hive of activity on here these days! So many new converts and new friends to the forum! I hope everyone is ticking along nicely and losing steadily 🙂 I myself seem to have a hit another plateau but that could also be due to my incredibly piggy approach to non- fast days. I managed to read a few posts over the last few pages, CM, Charlie is adorable!! Since when does this place let us post photos?! Fantastic! Barata, congratulations on the newest wee addition to the family! I’m pleased Mum and bub are doing well. I think public hospitals send you home in 2 days or so and private send you home after 4 days or so. Depends on health of mum and bub, how bub is feeding and whether youre a first time mum or a seasoned pro 🙂 A close firend of mine had a little biy on Wednesday, 4 weeks early and with a mild heart condition so he was flown from NSW to VIC for cardiac care. They were released this morning which is a great sign 🙂 FD for me today, I’m finding I get really hungry late at night lately on a FD. It keeps me awake and last week I ended up getting up after midnight and having a muesli bar which I feel is a bit like cheating! I am trying to hover around 465 calories per day on FD’s now and struggling a bit! It’s so low! Thin, have you been clothes shopping yet? MK88

Viewing 50 posts - 5,551 through 5,600 (of 28,011 total)

You must be logged in to reply.