Hello from a rather shy newbie here

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Support, chat and encourage
Hello from a rather shy newbie here

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  kitsix 10 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Hi!

I am new here! So thought I’d just give a virtual and very nervous wave!

I guess I’m not alone in having tried every diet there is. I have tried 5:2 before but ill health meant I wasn’t able to focus properly….and now I am ready to try again.

I am in my 50s and weigh a huge 18 stone 3 1/4 (yes I count the quarter pounds!)….but this is actually down a pound and a half from last week!

I’m not the most social of people – I am Autistic (High Functioning) and so groups are not really an option for me. ….Also I cannot exercise at all. Part of my HFA is that I have severe dyspraxia – and was excused PE/sports at school from the age of about 11…..as you can imagine this makes weight loss extra hard for me.

I don’t work due to disability – but on a good day I enjoy needlework – especially embroidery – and am becoming quite a keen knitter too.

I love reading, and I am the sort of freakish nerd who enjoys doing maths for fun! (My first degree was in Maths)

I live alone – in sheltered housing, and the internet is pretty much all the social life I have!

So…that’s a little about me….I am really going to give 5:2 a go – something NEEDS to be done about the weight issue!

Some folks here seem to be doing really well with the plan/lifestyle/diet….I’m really hoping it works for me.

Anyway…mustn’t witter on!

Hi and welcome:

Here are some tips for those just starting 5:2: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/

Good Luck!

Awww Buttonboots (((((((((hugs)))))))))) that is how your post made me feel after I read it … just wanted to give you a HUGE hug!

I too am new here but I haven’t done the 5/2 before and today is my 2nd day as I only joined last night (smiles) Keep posting on here when you can and I am sure everyone will be here to support you as shall I if am logged in!

Witter on as much as you please that’s what the forum is about chatting swopping stories and being there for one another! go to Simcoeluv’s tips topic it’s good to read!

Good luck and keep going strong x

Glad your on the forum button boots. After an injury I was unable to stand without pain. It was during that time I realized I needed to do something even if wasn’t typical diet and exercise. I was very interested in 5:2 after watching Mosley’s videos. For exercise I found there is a lot that can be done while sitiing. Even though they don’t burn as much in hour. Doing them all day can add upto 600 calories burned than doing nothing at all. Exercise like an ordinary squeeze ball that we can squeeze in out hand many times. Shin crunches that is basically reaching toes to our knees while keeping heels firmly on floor. So it flexes the shin. That burns 2 calories. Done for 5 minutes every two hours , by bed time you could burn 100 calories just by that set 5 times. 5:2 seemed to work for me when I couldn’t excise.
    I’m glad your with us. This group of people has been as good of an experience as the diet itself.
    Best wishes

I can’t post the link from my iPad for reason.
    But if you look up this on you tube. It may be helpful.

Sit and Be Fit – Episode 1213 Vestibular System – Mary Ann Wilson, RN – Balance – Complete Full Show

Glad you are onboard! Welcome to the forum! Let is know how you get on with the 5:2 or just drop in for a chat!

Best wishes
    Stef.

Hi and welcome Buttonboots 🙂

This seems to be a very supportive forum community here so I’m sure you will find all the encouragement you need 🙂

Good luck with your journey!

Kits

Thanks for all the lovely support!

It was my weigh-in yesterday…one pound off!

And today has been fasting….my plan is weigh in on Sundays, and ‘bookend’ this day with fasting…so Saturday (when I will be motivated to fast because I weigh myself the next day!)….and Monday (when I will hopefully be motivated to fast as I am still on a post-loss high!)

I will look up the links – thanks for them!

Buttonboots I have to say when i read your intro i felt just the same as Dreamgirl so here goes (((((((((((hugs)))))))))) form a 61 year old lol . the people on this community are so very helpfull and full of ideas and good sound advice , I am glad you plucked up the courage to join us , from Ken x

Welcome buttonboots, I have only been on these threads for about 10 days but there are a lot of very nice people of all ages. Happy fasting and keep us informed how you are doing, we can do this together. JIP

Hi again Buttonboots.
    I weigh in once a month, because this isn’t a rapid weightloss drastic starvation plan. I know it’s working even when the scale doesn’t indicate it, because my clothes don’t fit the same, or I get to another notch on my belt. So I hope you won’t get discouraged if the scale doesn’t move from time to time. Many of us come to the forum just to vent about our scales. We love them we hate them some of us can’t diet without them. At first the most important thing is accomplishing the 500 calorie fasting days. Those are victories no matter if we step on the scale or not.
    Wishing you well. Sam M.

Well done on your loss Buttonboots!

/hugs

Kits x

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.