Had a bad day yesterday!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Summerannie 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi all, I’ve been doing quite well on 5:2, well actually the fast beach version and losing quite steadily with a few ups and downs. I have a holiday coming up in a months time, so was feeling quite determined. Yesterday I thought I would do my fast day regardless of the public holiday with everyone home and a few stresses we are having in the family. I did well until 2pm. It was also the beginning of daylight savings. I was starving, so broke it with healthy food, but at dinner time I went way overboard with cheese, dips and crackers! Couldn’t seem to put the brakes on and even had quite a few wines to go with it! Feeling really down about it now? I’d had so much control prior to this? Wondering if I’ve put myself so far behind I won’t be able to catch up again and lose what I need to for my holiday. Not sure why I seemed to go all out when I know so much better? Any ideas how I can move on from this?

Hi Annie, I wouldn’t beat yourself up too much, yesterday is over, and today you can start afresh. It was just 1 day in the grand scheme of things.

What can be learnt from it, perhaps not to let yourself get to the point of being starving, change your fast days around if its a public holiday and others around you are going to be having dips, drinks ect. Don’t make it harder on yourself than it needs to be.

I don’t think one day will put you too far behind physically, but if you allow it to derail you mentally you could just give up altogether. Its how we deal with those sorts of days, and there probably will be more of them, is how successful we are in the long run. Accept it happened, forget it, and move forward. Keep your eye on the goal, and you will get there :).

Wise words there Kvetina 🙂

Annie today is another day, and you have all the ability within yourself, to accept it and move on Kvetina says!

Hi Kvetina and Foxycoxy, thank you so much for your wise and kind words! Yes agreed I will get my head in the right space and not try to fight things like public holidays and parties from now on! Today is now my fast day and doing well so far! Thanks again! Annie.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.