Fuzziness of thinking the day after a fast

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Mind Cognitive impact
Fuzziness of thinking the day after a fast

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  jenniferdehner9 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hi. Back on the wagon after a longish break and an increase in weight of some 16lb 🙁

I’ve done three fasts so far this time, but am finding the fast day it’s self reasonably ok, but I am suffering real mental fuzziness the day after. Will this clear up do you think, as my body re-acclimatises? I can’t remember if it happened last time I 5:2ed … Trouble is I have quite a demanding job so not sure if it’s the fasting or the stress that’s the issue!! But I need to find a solution …

Any help / thoughts gratefully received 🙂 G

The first few weeks I fasted I felt very similar. It does go away. I also felt sluggish and tired. Now I have more energy and clarity than ever. The body apparently must get used to switching over and burning fat and using ketones as fuel. According to Dr. Fung, the brain really likes Ketones. That is one reason why I limit fast days to water/tea/coffee. He says…

https://idmprogram.com/fasting-brain-function-fasting-24/

And the physiology of fasting:

https://idmprogram.com/fasting-physiology-part-ii/

There’s a lot of other interesting stuff there if you feel like doing some reading. 🙂

Thanks 🙂 I will persevere then
    G

Check that you are not getting dehydrated on your fast days. More water, and maybe more salt might make a difference.

Good luck.

Thanks both. Embarking upon FD day 4 today … I’ll up my water intake, and try to get some salt in too as suggested 🙂 I’ll let you know how I get on!

Hope you all have a great day

G

So, really struggling today … Cannot keep my mind on anything at all for more than five minutes!
    This is hard … I just want to shut down today 🙁

The initial couple of weeks I fasted I felt fundamentally the same as. It goes away. I additionally felt lazy and tired. Presently I have more vitality and clearness than any other time in recent memory. The body evidently should get used to exchanging over and consuming fat and utilizing ketones as fuel. As per Dr. Fung, the cerebrum truly enjoys Ketones. That is one motivation behind why I restrict quick days to water/tea/espresso.

I think that this is normal for those who are dramatically changing their lifestyle. You need more rest at this moment. I first began to restrict myself in food when I was in my second year of study. It was a difficult time for me. My mind refused to work fast. I made a responsible decision at this moment and contacted the service https://writingpeak.co.uk/ These guys helped me with some written work. Thus, I reduced the load on the brain and was able to endure the first unpleasant days. Try to find an opportunity to relax in your situation.

Thanks for this information.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.