Food on the brain

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Liat 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Is it just me or does anyone else feels like they constantly have food on the brain, I mean: what I am going to eat, when, and as soon as I completed a meal, when is the next one and what will I have etc…
    I wish there were some magic words to stop me from thinking about food all the time… it is exhausting and frustrating in the same time – ESPECIALLY on fast days!

help…????? please….???????????????????

I feel like this too, less so on fast days. Can’t offer much advice other than knowing you aren’t alone…!

I have found the key is distraction. Sundays I do a modified fast, but I’m normally at home that day and I’m with you – food is on my mind! But on Tuesday and Thursday, my regular 5:2 fast days, I’m usually at work and frankly too busy and distracted to even think about food. So on those days it’s simply not an issue, in fact I get to the end of my Tuesdays and Thursdays sometimes and think, “Hey… did I really just get through a day on 500 calories? Yes! yes I did.” Without even thinking about food. So stay busy. If you don’t work, tackle that huge Honey-Do list we all have, pursue your long-neglected hobby, whatever. The mind at rest will focus on it’s favorite topic – food! So distract, distract, distract.

Thank you.

I do work, but I hate my job and it is boring!! which does not help with food on the brain!
    but I hear you – distract, distract, distract!!!
    will push on I guess 🙂

It also helps to remember what, for me at least, was one of the most helpful statements Michael made in the Horizon documentary – that hunger does not come and build and build and build, but it comes in waves, and like waves the hunger recedes after a bit – just goes away. So sometimes when I’m feeling the hunger I just remind myself this is simply “high tide” but that it will recede – and it does.

That is true!
    I will keep that in mind 🙂
    Thank you again for the great advice 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.